NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Oneracon wrote:The Presidential Election Procedures Act has enough sponsors to be added to the queue and I move that it be added to the Electoral Standards Omnibus (#22 in the queue).

[spoiler=Presidential Election Procedures Act]
Presidential Election Procedures Act
Authors: Oneracon [RG], Battlion [NLP] | Co-Authors: Aeken [LD], Mishmahig [Ind.], The Realm of God [PC]
Sponsors: Gallup [NIFP], Ainin [TR], United Soviet Jason Republic [LFP], Fulflood [LD], New Zepuha [Ind.]

The Senate of the Aurentine Commonwealth,

RECOGNIZING the importance of regular fair elections for the preservation of Aurentine democracy;

NOTING the many issues which emerged during the last election;

SEEKING to establish firm and cohesive rules on the administration of presidential elections;

HEREBY ESTABLISHES the Electoral Commission as an arms-length agency of the Ministry of the Interior.

HEREBY ENACTS the following:

SCHEDULE I: ELECTORAL COMMISSION

Electoral Commission
  1. The Electoral Commission shall be the administering body for all elections in the Aurentine Commonwealth.
  2. The Electoral Commission shall always conduct itself in as neutral a manner as possible.
  3. The Minister of the Interior shall not, in any way, attempt to impose partisan or government bias on the Electoral Commission.

Commissioner of Elections
  4. The Electoral Commission shall be headed by a Commissioner of Elections.
  5. The Commissioner of Elections shall be appointed by Senate Administrators upon the advice of the leaders of all official parties.
  6. The Commissioner of Elections shall not vote in presidential elections.

SCHEDULE II: ELECTIONS

Timing of Elections
  1. A presidential election shall take place no more than two (2) months after the previous election.

Registration of Candidates
  2. The Electoral Commission shall begin registering candidates for president two (2) weeks before the scheduled election date and cease formally registering candidates once the election begins.
  3. Candidates may register or de-register as a candidate at any time during this period.

Structure of First Round
  4. For the purposes of this Act "voting directly" shall be defined as a senator voting for themselves and not as a proxy.
  5. The first round of a presidential election shall be open to all registered candidates.
  6. Any candidate who receives a number of votes greater than or equal to 50% of all votes cast + 1 shall be declared the winner.
  7. Write-in votes shall only be permitted in the first round and only if they are entered by senators voting directly.

Structure of Second Round
  8. Should no candidate meet the conditions to be declared the winner, a run-off round of voting shall commence consisting of only the top two (2) candidates.
  9. The candidate who receives a number of votes greater than or equal to 50% of all votes cast + 1 shall be declared the winner.

Voting Procedure
  10. Voting shall be open for 96 hours each round.
  11. Votes may be written out in any format, provided that the name of the candidate being voted for is prominently noted.
  12. A Senator may change their vote at any time before the election ends.
  13. The only posts made in election threads shall be votes or counts of votes.
  14. Abstentions shall not be counted as part of the total number of votes, but may be counted separately for informational purposes.

Counting of Votes
  15. After the end of the voting period the Commissioner of Elections shall, with the assistance of the Senate Administrators, count all votes entered in the election thread.
  16. The Commissioner of Elections may, at their discretion, call for as many recounts as they see fit to determine the results accurately.
  17. The Commissioner of Elections shall proclaim the winner of the election or (if applicable) the candidates that will move on to the second round.

SCHEDULE III: ELECTION-RELATED OFFENCES

False and Misleading Political Advertising
  1. For the purposes of this Act "false and misleading political advertising" shall be defined as any individual, party, coalition or other group that posits that another individual, party, coalition, or group will undertake any actions or policies that are not stated in their platform or in official statements made on any Senate thread.
  2. For greater clarity, the definition of "false and misleading political advertising" includes the conflation of the statements of individual coalition/party members with coalition/party policy or platforms.
  3. The use of false and misleading political advertising shall not be permitted during a presidential election and the candidate registration period.
  4. The Commissioner of Elections shall require any individual, party, coalition, or group that engages in false or misleading political advertising to cease said advertising and publish an immediate retraction.

Electoral Fraud
  5. For the purposes of this Act "electoral fraud" shall be defined as illegal interference with the process of an election including, but not limited to, submitting multiple votes or purposeful misrecording of votes.
  6. The Commissioner of Elections shall investigate all claims of electoral fraud.
  7. Should the Commissioner of Elections be themselves accused of electoral fraud, they shall submit to investigation by the Senate Administrators.
  8. Any senator found to have engaged in electoral fraud shall be suspended from voting for three (3) following presidential elections.
  9. In the event of widespread electoral fraud the Commissioner of Elections may, at their discretion and with the approval of the Senate Administrators, declare the results of an election to be invalid.

1. Sigh...I never knew the registration period was for candidates, not OOC voters.
2. Unfortunately I don't see proxy voting by TG banned. Which makes no sense - it has already been proven that TG voting must be banned. Or am I missing something here?
3. Note, I support proxy voting by forum post.
4. Great work otherwise, as usual.[/spoiler]

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Ainin wrote:You were supposed to add, not take one away, from Nay...

A simple mistake, I'm sure - it appears Gallup accidentally subtracted from both Abstain and Nay in a fit of arithmetic, while giving the correct total.

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Britanno wrote:OOC: Anyone got the queue for legislation? I skimmed thought the last 30 pages or so and still can't find it.

That sounds brutal! :( There's a search bar just atop the thread posts. Just type in "queue" and skim that. And your optometrist won't have such a fit.
Last edited by Free South Califas on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Free South Califas wrote:1. Sigh...I never knew the registration period was for candidates, not OOC voters.
2. Unfortunately I don't see proxy voting by TG banned. Which makes no sense - it has already been proven that TG voting must be banned. Or am I missing something here?
4. Great work otherwise, as usual.[/spoiler]

1. That was changed when they were spun off into two separate bills
  2. Proxy voting is addressed by the Proxy Voting Act (in the same omnibus) which implies that there either must be one central recipient for TG proxy permissions or there must be a thread
  3. See above
  4. Thank you :hug:
Last edited by Oneracon on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Oneracon wrote:-snip-

D: Dat spoiler broke the forum...

Spoilers and quotes don't mix...
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:23 pm

FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Free South Califas wrote:
Battlion wrote:The Voter Registration Act has enough sponsors to be added to the queue and I move that it be added to the Electoral Standards Omnibus.

Voter Registration Act
Authors: Battlion [NLP], Oneracon [RG] | Co-Authors: Aeken [LD], Mishmahig [Ind.], The Realm of God [PC]
Sponsors: Gallup [NIFP], United Soviet Jason Republic [LFP], Rumostan [NLP], Belmaria [GG], Wolfmanne [PC]

The Senate of the Aurentine Commonwealth,

RECOGNIZING that order must be imposed in the electoral process;

OBSERVING that a simple registration system would be the best prevention of fraudulent votes;

HEREBY ENACTS the following:

Register of Electors
  1. The Electoral Commission shall maintain a Register of Electors.
  2. Any senator may apply to the Register of Electors at any time except during either round of a presidential election.
  3. Senators shall remain on the Register of the Electors for the duration of the time they serve as a Senator.
  4. Applications to become a senator shall include a box asking "Do you wish to be added to the Register of Electors for presidential elections?"

Candidacy and Voting
  5. Only Senators who are on the Register of Electors shall be eligible to vote or run a presidential election.

This is utterly ridiculous metagaming.

You know this IC bill acts upon Aurentine voters, aka fictional people who vote for us and the President ICly, and thus does nothing, right?

If you mean for it to do something meaningful, well: In what country have you heard of senators registering to vote? This concept is enough to break the suspension of disbelief for me.

This isn't exactly a traditional rp and most of our posts even in senate threads are for all intents and purposes OOC. Thus ALL of our Bills are metagaming.
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

German-Spanish Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German-Spanish Empire » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:50 pm

The Realm of God wrote:
Free South Califas wrote:This is utterly ridiculous metagaming.

You know this IC bill acts upon Aurentine voters, aka fictional people who vote for us and the President ICly, and thus does nothing, right?

If you mean for it to do something meaningful, well: In what country have you heard of senators registering to vote? This concept is enough to break the suspension of disbelief for me.

This isn't exactly a traditional rp and most of our posts even in senate threads are for all intents and purposes OOC. Thus ALL of our Bills are metagaming.

I hereby call a seldom FRIED YO LIFE...

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Aerospace Safety Act
Author: Kamchastkia (USLP)
Co-Sponsors: The Realm of God, Oneracon, The State of Czecho-Slovakia (PCP), Prince Edward Islandistan (USLP), Wolfmanne (PCP), Battlion (NLP), Free South Califas (CP)
Urgency: Meh, urgentish?

RECOGNIZING the necessity for safe transit in the airspace of Aurentina and technological development for the safety of all domestic and abroad,

HEREBY,

ESTABLISHES the aditional tasks to the Civil Aviation Authority:
4g: Herein relegates Regulating all air travel in Aurentine Airspace to the CAA.
4h: Herein relegates Creating and Updating all charts related to airport departures, arrivals, STARs, SIDs, Taxiways, ETC to the CAA.
4i: Herein relegates Researching and Developing Technology in relation to the safety of Aviation, and the release of that technology to the public domain, to the CAA.

ESTABLISHES the Aurentine Board of Aerospace Safety as an agency under the authority of the Civil Aviation Authority.

ESTABLISHES the ABAS's authority as at least the following:
1.) Enforcing the regulations on air travel set in place by the Aurentine Aerospace Association.
2.) Investigation of all reported malfunctions and aviation accidents in Aurentine.
3.) Issuing of new Aviation Safety Standards based on sufficient evidence collected from aviation accidents domestic or abroad.

REQUIRES that all pilots to be certified to fly in Aurentine by the CAA or a foreign, reputable aerospace organization.

REQUIRES 2/3rd's majority vote in favor by senate in order to repeal any safety standard set in place by the CAA or ABAS.

Repost as this seems to have been forgotten.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Kamchastkia wrote:
Aerospace Safety Act
Co-Sponsors: The Realm of God, Oneracon, The State of Czecho-Slovakia (PCP), Prince Edward Islandistan (USLP), Wolfmanne (PCP), Battlion (NLP), Free South Califas (CP)

RECOGNIZING the necessity for safe transit in the airspace of Aurentina and technological development for the safety of all domestic and abroad,

HEREBY,

4g: Herein relegates Regulating all air travel in Aurentine Airspace to the CAA.
4h: Herein relegates Creating and Updating all charts related to airport departures, arrivals, STARs, SIDs, Taxiways, ETC to the CAA.
4i: Herein relegates Researching and Developing Technology in relation to the safety of Aviation, and the release of that technology to the public domain, to the CAA.

ESTABLISHES the Aurentine Board of Aerospace Safety as an agency under the authority of the Civil Aviation Authority.

1.) Enforcing the regulations on air travel set in place by the Aurentine Aerospace Association.
2.) Investigation of all reported malfunctions and aviation accidents in Aurentine.
3.) Issuing of new Aviation Safety Standards based on sufficient evidence collected from aviation accidents domestic or abroad.

REQUIRES that all pilots to be certified to fly in Aurentine by the CAA or a foreign, reputable aerospace organization.

REQUIRES 2/3rd's majority vote in favor by senate in order to repeal any safety standard set in place by the CAA or ABAS.

It was not forgotten. It was intentionally ignored :)
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:11 pm

German-Spanish Empire wrote:
The Realm of God wrote:

I hereby call a seldom FRIED YO LIFE...

I don't understand.
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Free South Califas wrote:1. Sigh...I never knew the registration period was for candidates, not OOC voters.
4. Great work otherwise, as usual.

1. We all make mistakes Comrade
2. As long as the person is clear in the Tg vote, "I hearby grant the right for (insert whoever) to vote for me in the (presidental or maybe other votes)" i dont see whats so wrong with it. Also, I dont know how your link is relevant: We already knew he did that.
3. If somebody wants to proxy vote by giving their permision via forum post.... then why dont they just fucking vote? Forgive me im probably confused as to what your saying, but it makes little sense to make a distinction for it. IF you going to be lazy, tg. If you are going to be proactive, JUST VOTE DAMMIT
4.Havent read it, but il take credit for it anyway
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Kamchastkia wrote:
Aerospace Safety Act

HEREBY,

It was not forgotten. It was intentionally ignored :)

Why would a bill dedicated to safety be intentionally ignored? It's not like this is a gun control bill.
Last edited by Kamchastkia on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Kamchastkia wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:It was not forgotten. It was intentionally ignored :)

Why would a bill dedicated to safety be intentionally ignored? It's not like this is a gun control bill.

Capitalists pay good money not to have to deal with saftey
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slazliyka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slazliyka » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 pm

3. If somebody wants to proxy vote by giving their permision via forum post.... then why dont they just fucking vote? Forgive me im probably confused as to what your saying, but it makes little sense to make a distinction for it. IF you going to be lazy, tg. If you are going to be proactive, JUST VOTE DAMMIT

Say a presidential election is coming but you know you won't have internet access while it's happening; would you not want to make sure your vote can still be counted?

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Kamchastkia wrote:Why would a bill dedicated to safety be intentionally ignored? It's not like this is a gun control bill.

Hmm, time to review the law to see if there are any laws against bribery. :3.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Slazliyka wrote:

Say a presidential election is coming but you know you won't have internet access while it's happening; would you not want to make sure your vote can still be counted?

OH
You mean early voting? (well technically tgs would cover that)

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Kamchastkia wrote:

Hmm, time to review the law to see if there are any laws against bribery. :3.

Anti corruption omnibus has yet to come to a vote. Besides, that was just an accident:clearly someone lost their money, that just happened to be on my doorstep, along with a sheet of instructions

Slazliyka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slazliyka » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 pm

(well technically tgs would cover that)

Problem is it's way too easy to fake a TG. You can't fake a post except by hacking the person's account.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Slazliyka wrote:

Problem is it's way too easy to fake a TG. You can't fake a post except by hacking the person's account.

Photoshop is quite a useful tool :3.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Slazliyka wrote:

While i acknolodge its possible....
Who exactly is going to fake a TG? If your going to cheat, i imagine it would be easiar to create 15 puppets (ahead of time of coarse) and have them vote.

Faking a tg actually takes a bit of effort, and more importantly requires someone to be commited to it. Now except for the people being elected president, who exactly cares enough about this RP to go through the process of faking a tg to win an online election that can be overturned

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Slazliyka wrote:

While i acknolodge its possible....
Who exactly is going to fake a TG? If your going to cheat, i imagine it would be easiar to create 15 puppets (ahead of time of coarse) and have them vote.

Faking a tg actually takes a bit of effort, and more importantly requires someone to be commited to it. Now except for the people being elected president, who exactly cares enough about this RP to go through the process of faking a tg to win an online election that can be overturned

Faking a TG is way easier than getting 15 puppets in.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:While i acknolodge its possible....

THIS. I can fake a TG in under 5 minutes.

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Free South Califas wrote:New version of Proxy Voting Act (with proofreading and author changes) is properly linked below.
Now, let's keep voting...other than a bit of a motion I may submit shortly ;)

That queue doesn't include the Voter Registration Act in the Electoral Standards Omnibus
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Kamchastkia wrote:
Yanalia wrote:

THIS. I can fake a TG in under 5 minutes.

Congrats. In that time i created 5 independent puppets, all of which capable of casting a vote. So currently its 5 to 1

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives