NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rumostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Oneracon wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:I will second whatever it is. It can be wildly inappropriate omnibusing as long as it saves us time personally

We are up to four seconds now.
Oneracon wrote:I move that #24 (INTERPOL Act) be omnibussed with #5 (International Treaties Ratification Act)

Fifthed
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a non practising Sunni Muslim
Lelouch is amazing and should be a god
I am a Conservative (UK)

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Rumostan wrote:
Oneracon wrote:
We are up to four seconds now.

Fifthed

Sixthed

Mitonesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mitonesia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Valentir wrote:
Oneracon wrote:

Any more? :meh:

Fifthed

Sixthed.
Senator Alexandre Ruisseau Mitonesia (Weilënze, Constituency 169)
Member of the New Democrats

I'm portuguese and male.
My nation and my senator are a good mirror of my political/social beliefs (There might be things I don't agree with anymore). For general topics regarding my view on politics and such head there.

Mitonesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mitonesia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Valentir wrote:
Rumostan wrote:
Fifthed

Sixthed

Seventhed.

I'm portuguese and male.
My nation and my senator are a good mirror of my political/social beliefs (There might be things I don't agree with anymore). For general topics regarding my view on politics and such head there.

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Oneracon wrote:I move that #24 (INTERPOL Act) be omnibussed with #5 (International Treaties Ratification Act)

Seven seconds, now can someone notify the president? (I've already bothered him today :p )
Last edited by Oneracon on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Mitonesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mitonesia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:42 pm

I propose the Western Three-Toed Skink (Chalcides striatus) as our national reptil as it is awesome!!

I'm portuguese and male.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Mitonesia wrote:I propose the Western Three-Toed Skink (Chalcides striatus) as our national reptil as it is awesome!!

Man I love lizards with tiny legs. :lol:
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Mitonesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mitonesia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Gothmogs wrote:
Mitonesia wrote:I propose the Western Three-Toed Skink (Chalcides striatus) as our national reptil as it is awesome!!

Man I love lizards with tiny legs. :lol:

More like a legged snake which is awesome!

I'm portuguese and male.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Mitonesia wrote:
Gothmogs wrote:Man I love lizards with tiny legs. :lol:

More like a legged snake which is awesome!

A good compromise between Britcans snake and my lizard. I support this.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Rumostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Gothmogs wrote:
Mitonesia wrote:More like a legged snake which is awesome!

Seconded
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a non practising Sunni Muslim
Lelouch is amazing and should be a god
I am a Conservative (UK)

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Gothmogs wrote:
Mitonesia wrote:More like a legged snake which is awesome!

It has been edited.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Yanalia wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:~I motion for the social welfare act to be removed from the queue as it no longer legal in light of the universal credit bill passed.

It can be amended to repeal that clause of the Universal Credit Act. Further, there is no provision to remove bills from queue.

(to everyone interested)

We're working on making SWA legal, and will appreciate everyone's patience on this matter. UCA was not yet law when SWA was added to the queue. It's just a little bit of housekeeping, but I appreciate NV pointing it out. I knew UCA would be used to deny benefits, I just didn't catch the exact part. Many thanks, Boris.
Last edited by Free South Califas on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Oneracon wrote:

Seven seconds, now can someone notify the president? (I've already bothered him today :p )

you dont need presidential approval to omnibus. Only if you move the omnibus to number 1 slot is the president required
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Oneracon wrote:

you dont need presidential approval to omnibus. Only if you move the omnibus to number 1 slot is the president required

Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone. If you don't know the answer, learn to shut your trap.

Here is the relevant section of FAREA. It mentions nothing about the #1 spot.

:palm: It just occurred to me. You used inductive reasoning. Sigh. Anyway:
Legislative queuejumping

4a. Establishes a new power to the President of Aurentina, referred to as legislative queuejumping.
4b. Senators are permitted to petition to the President of Aurentina to rearrange the queue to allow a number of bills, include those that have been omnibused, to be voted on at a sooner time. A formal petition with a minimum of seven Senators signing it is required before any legislative queuejumping can commence. Alternative methods includes a Letter of Recommendation from a member of the Council of Ministers.
4c. Usage of legislative queuejumping is to be at the discretion of the President and it is strongly recommended that he seeks advice of the Council of State before he makes a decision.
4d. The President of Aurentina then rearranges the queue to how he see fits and the President of the Senate, or the President pro tempore acting in his place, formally posts the new queue.
4e. This act strongly recommends that the President of Aurentina expresses extreme discretion before using his power of legislative queuejumping and recognises that improper usage of it is a cause of his immediate Impeachment.
4f. If the Vice President is carrying out the duties of the President of Aurentina due to his absence or inactivity, then he can not be the one who formally posts the new queue; only the President pro tempore may do so.
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Can I put this in my signature?
Last edited by Yanalia on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Yanalia wrote:

As Acting Head of the NIFP i am going to have to reply in the Negative.

If Byzantium wants you to use beyond my refusal that is between you and him but he can of course overide me on this.

I am just giving you the reply of the Party in regards to the matter.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Yanalia wrote:

Fine with me, thanks :lol:

Of course, no rule says that everyone named in your sig has to consent ;)
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Free South Califas wrote:
Yanalia wrote:

Fine with me, thanks :lol:

I'll probably just keep the name out. It's hilarious anyway.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Free South Califas wrote:Fine with me, thanks :lol:

I'll probably just keep the name out. It's hilarious anyway.

You can quote in full if you wish. I am not a killjoy in any sense of the word

By the way, by legislative queue jumping califas, it means allowing an individual bill skip ahead of the queue. Omnibusses which allows it to get ahead is not considered as such
(WAIT A SECOND WHILE I CHECK)

edit: Confirmed after looking. It would not require it. Or is my reading of it still incorrect?

edit 2: i admit fact wise i havent been having a good week :D
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:01 pm

This has enough support for the queue.

Food Service Sanitation Act (FSSA)

Written by: Venaleria [RG] | Edited by: Rumostan [CMP] Free South Califas [CM] | Supported by: Valentir [LD] The Realm of God [PC] Potenco [RG] Agritum [TR] Malgrave [USLP] Mitonesia [TR]
Urgency: Medium-High

The Senate of Aurentina,

• REALIZING the increasingly important need for sanitation regulation in food service areas across Aurentina
• NOTING the fact that sanitation when serving food items in a public area is vital for national health
• APPALED that almost no legislation has been mentioned or discussed regarding this current issue

Defines the following terms:

I. Food Service Area: A public, governmental, or educational area in which food or drink is being served and prepared to a group or person(s) such as restaurants, school/business cafeterias, food trucks, pubs/bars, or any other locations of a similar purpose and identity
II. Sanitation: The necessary promotion and hygienic means of cleanliness, public health protection, waste disposal, or disease protection which is needed in a food service area in order to maintain public health
III. Certified Health Inspector: A government official fully educated in the subjects of health and food service area sanitation of whose job is to inspect, rate, and better the sanitation of food service areas

Mandates the following standards:
• All national food service areas shall be required by law to be inspected by a certified health inspector in order to maintain quality public health assurance
• Creates the National Health Inspection Department (NHID) to oversee the inspection and display of health ratings with the help of the Ministry of Health
• A national health rating system shall be created to score or grade food service areas on their overall sanitation. The system shall be a one (1) to one-hundred (100) scale in which the following characteristics are noted,

- A rating of ninety-five (95) to one-hundred (100) will be given the letter grade of an A or “exceptional”
- A rating of ninety (90) to ninety-five (95) will be given the letter grade of an B or “very good”
- A rating of eighty-five (85) to ninety (90) will be given the letter grade of a C or “good”
- A rating of eighty (80) to eighty-five (85) will be given the letter grade of a D or “acceptable”
- A rating of seventy-five (75) to eighty (80) will be given the letter grade of a E or “marginal”
- A rating of seventy (70) to seventy-five (75) will be given the letter grade of a F or “poor”
- A rating of sixty-five (65) to seventy (70) will be given the letter grade of a G or “discouraging”
- Any food service area which is given a rating below that of a sixty-five (65) to seventy (70), otherwise known as a grade G, shall be closed down immediately and rid of all service permits. If the owner or proprietor of the establishment wishes to begin business again, they must be given full education on the subject of sanitation in there food service area, overseen by the NHID. In schools, this rehabilitation shall be nationally required and not optional, with the owner or proprietor being the sitting superintendent of those schools.
- Ratings may include the addition of decimal places if the health inspector feels that a whole numbered rating is not accurate
- Ratings shall be based on the following criteria,

a. Are employees trained in basic food safety and preparation as well as being employed under a certified proprietor or supervisor?
a1. Are employees trained to prepare and serve food and drink properly so as to prevent cross-contamination of common allergens? This may not be required if the following is posted at least once on menus and food option displays in food service areas:

"This establishment cannot promise that allergen-safe options are available."

b. Is food and drink held at proper temperatures?
c. Are conditions that promote pests controlled?
d. Is food protected from health contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, and display?
e. Are all food preparation and display surfaces maintained healthily?
f. Are all non-food related surfaces maintained healthily?
g. Are all plumbing and utilities maintained healthily and efficiently?
h. Are all required health warnings, terms, and ratings displayed clearly and effectively?
j. Any other viable violations or faults which a certified health inspector may find…

• Any food service area given a rating under a ninety (90), otherwise known as a B, shall be given instruction by the present health inspector on how to maintain positive health rating.
• Food service areas shall be inspected every period of three months to maintain that specific area’s public health rating to a high standard
• All national food service areas shall be required by law to publicly display and present the sanitation rating which has been given to that specific area by a certified health inspector so that those served may understand how healthily their food or drink is being prepared and make decisions based on that rating. If the rating given is not displayed, consequences will ensue.
• A physical and computerized record shall be kept of all notes and ratings to each food service area in order to provide the public with an overview of food service health rating so that decisions involving the engagement of food services may be made accordingly
• Aside from health rating requirements, food services areas must also:

- Display the following message at least once on menus or food option displays if one or more of the listed items is available for order or purchase: “Some of these items are cooked to order and may be served raw or undercooked. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food-borne illness."

The Senate of Aurentina hereby passes and implements the Food Service Sanitation Act.
Last edited by Venaleria on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Last edited by Venaleria on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Venelaria, the INTERPOL Act is now omnibussed into the International Treaties Ratification Act.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Oneracon wrote:Venelaria, the INTERPOL Act is now omnibussed into the International Treaties Ratification Act.

Ah, I will fix and repost.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:57 pm

I move to omnibus the Business stupid and illegal thing into the Economic Oversight Omnibus.

I move to add the Broadcasting Act to the National Financing and Accounting Act.

I move to add the Food Service Sanitation Act into the Economic Oversight Omnibus.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives