NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:37 pm

I hate to be the guy, but what bill are we supposed to be debating at the moment? There was controversy over the Agriculture Rights Act and I am unsure whether it was knocked out because it was still included on the last queue.

EDITED: Added last sentence
Last edited by Royalsoldiers on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Royalsoldiers wrote:I hate to be the guy, but what bill are we supposed to be debating at the moment? There was controversy over the Agriculture Rights Act and I am unsure whether it was knocked out because it was still included on the last queue.

It was reincluded because an extra sponsor was found
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Royalsoldiers wrote:I hate to be the guy, but what bill are we supposed to be debating at the moment? There was controversy over the Agriculture Rights Act and I am unsure whether it was knocked out because it was still included on the last queue.

It was reincluded because an extra sponsor was found

Okay so Agriculture Rights Act is being debated?

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Royalsoldiers wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:It was reincluded because an extra sponsor was found

Okay so Agriculture Rights Act is being debated?

Da
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:12 pm

My only objection to the Agriculture Rights Act is Article 9-Section C. I do not feel that a person may stop on a farmers non-fertile land and not ask for permission for 48 hours. I feel that this should not be allowed as it is the farmer's personal property and a possible loiterer should have to request permission before loitering.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:23 pm

ETA: Should I just add them right to the queue, or do I need seconds here first?

IC: I move to add "Repeal Most of the Commerce Ministry Act" to the queue, noting that it also has 5 sponsors:
Repeal Most of the Commerce Ministry Act
Urgency: Very High | Drafted by: Saul Califas (C) | Co-sponsors: Jozef van Oostvoorne (C), Ainin (TR), Mytannion (RG), Desmond C. Mac Suibhne (RG)

NOTING that the Commerce Ministry Act is unclear, i.e. failing to define 'businesses' yet implying some separation between them and workers' associations of production including "cooperatives";

1. DISTURBED that "businesses" may "be free to...deny recognition of such groups", including presumably all workers' cooperatives, which are also businesses by any sensible definition, e.g.
A. Worker unions, associations, and cooperatives are freely to be formed/established. However, businesses can also be free to recognize or deny recognition of such groups, depending on the working environment of the establishment, but shall have no right to deny their workers of their duly given rights.

2. AGITATED by its circular clauses stretching the limits of sensible meaning, for example:
A. REALIZING that businesses must not be overrun nor be accounted as one of the agencies of the government.
B. MANDATES that the Ministry will work under the following responsibilities: 5.) The gate-keeping of the Ministry in its inert aim to separate the businesses and the government in the state's political affairs 6.) The cooperation between the businesses and the Government through the Ministry of Commerce. 7.) The assurance of the Ministry that such responsibilities are done efficiently and effectively to avoid future problems such as corporatocracies, privatization and business-government rivalries.
C. MANDATES that the Ministry shall uphold impartial and unbiased service for the NSG in order for the responsibilities to be done in its maximum extent of effectivity.

3. EMBARRASSED by the possibility that such an Act might pass because of being bundled with the important Acts establishing a transportation ministry and census bureau, despite its problematic grammar which makes it even harder to understand, for example:
A. WHEREAS, businesses have their own rules and regulations and remains uncontrolled by the NSG Government.
B. MANDATES that the Ministry will work under the following responsibilities:
C. OBSERVING that there are less or no regulations of the government concerning the rights and welfare of business institutions.

4. ANNOYED at clauses whose verbs seem to contradict their relevant noun phrases, or carry otherwise unclear meanings, such as:
A. WHEREAS, there is no existing government agency to protect the boundary between businesses and government institutions.
B. MANDATES that this Ministry must be created to solidify the aim in placing boundaries and bridges between businesses and the government.
C. MANDATES that the Ministry will work under the following responsibilities: 4.) The cultural and social barrier between the businesses and the government
D. MANDATES that the Ministry shall spearhead all economic activities by encouraging friendly foreign nations and states to initiate trade and communication with us and helping to facilitate investment in the country.
i. Noting that this project of the Ministry to "spearhead all economic activities" seems contradictory to earlier passages; which appear to limit government control of business;

5. CONFUSED and annoyed at the prospect of having its time wasted by passing an Act which does not even clearly create the Ministry it proposes, e.g.
A. PROPOSES that this new Ministry shall be called the "Ministry of Commerce". MANDATES that this Ministry must be created to solidify the aim in placing boundaries and bridges between businesses and the government.
i. Noting that the above clauses do not follow any mention of such a new Ministry

6. HOPING for clarity of law, so that all citizens generally know how to comport themselves at most times; thus, rejecting metaphorical language with no inherent relevant meaning, because we should not have to speak the same foreign dialect as the author in order to understand the bill, and some people have difficulty understanding metaphor anyway, e.g.
A. WHEREAS, there is no existing government agency to protect the boundary between businesses and government institutions.
B. MANDATES that this Ministry must be created to solidify the aim in placing boundaries and bridges between businesses and the government.
C. MANDATES that this Ministry shall be the open ground between the two aforementioned institutions.
D. MANDATES that the Ministry will work under the following responsibilities: 5.) The gate-keeping of the Ministry in its inert aim to separate the businesses and the government in the state's political affairs
E. Overtime pay shall be paid as well.
F. ESTABLISHES the Ministry of Commerce to be in charge of checking the bounds between businesses and the State,

7. INDIGNANT at clauses which are impossible to carry out, to the extent that they have any sensible meaning, and therefore may have been included merely as propaganda or to enable later exploitation of the law, e.g.
A. MANDATES that this Ministry shall forward the rights and welfare of both the workers and employees, the businesses and the government.
B. MANDATES that the Ministry will work under the following responsibilities: 6.) The cooperation between the businesses and the Government through the Ministry of Commerce.
i. The Senate notes that this vague and nearly meaningless clause could in fact allow the government to draw unlimited tax money for directly aiding the profit of private businesses, without even giving a justification for why taxpayers should "cooperate" with such entities.
C. All government benefits established at the time being this Act is passed shall be granted to the workers' side of compensation. And these include health discounts, insurances, loan programs and the like.
D. the freedom of the free market from government involvement and control,
i.Noting that Aurentina commonly licenses private businesses to: hire employees, pay them less in wages than gained by the product of their labor, wait for up to two weeks to pay such wages without allowing employees to charge interest, provide loans to such businesses, etc.; and, as such, that the concept of a market free from government involvement and control is ideological, utopian and irrelevant at best;

8. WORRIED by the Act's sexist assumptions, e.g. "manpower";

9. DISAPPOINTED by the Act's insistence on using two unclear nouns instead of one for emphasis:
A. GRANTING that the workers' rights must be also upheld by the Ministry with importance and concern through the following privileges and bounds

10. DISMAYED by the possibility that vagueness of language in the Act would mean workers shall be paid at no greater rate for overtime work, and may be denied three weeks of vacation for their entire period of employment, perhaps their entire lives, and that representatives of all businesses could be barred from even publically discussing decisions being made by the government, e.g.
A. Overtime pay shall be paid as well.
B. Workers shall be guaranteed 2 weeks of paid vacation
C. PROHIBITS the businesses to influence government decision-making processes and related affairs of the State.

11. UNCONVINCED that a separate Ministry of Commerce is required to perform such poorly-defined functions when the law already provides for a Ministry of Work and a Ministry of Business Safety;

12. HEREBY REPEALS almost all of the Commerce Ministry Act (CMA), and renders its text null and void, EXCEPT for the following parts:
-A. The following shall remain in CMA and function as standing law:
1.) Workers shall be given minimum wage per hour they work. Minimum wage for both private and public sector workers will be $15/hr.
-B. The following shall be amended as such:
2.) Overtime pay shall be paid as well, at rates equivalent to at least 150% the rate of normal pay.
4.) Workers shall be guaranteed 2 weeks of paid vacation per year at each place of employment.
-C. The following exact text shall remain in CMA and function as standing law:
3.) Workers may have a maximum workload of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week of work unless the employee agrees to have an extra/overtime.
5.) Employers are responsible for the safety and security of the workplace.
7.) Worker unions, associations, and cooperatives are freely to be formed/established.

13. INTERPRETING Clause 12 in good faith to the fullest possible extent with regard to removing the main text of CMA from consideration,
A. Additionally forbidding any de jure or de facto discrimination which is generally in good faith considered illegal, but which would otherwise be enabled by literally interpreting certain words in such a way as to imply such discrimination, i.e. interpreting "manpower" as limiting any right of workers other than men to participate equally.
B. Clarifying that nothing in this bill shall be interpreted as discouraging or disallowing a Ministry of Commerce, which may be provided through a more clear and well-justified bill.
C. However lamenting that it is too tempting to usurp the commerce-related powers of the Minister of Work for no clearly expressed reason.

14. FINALLY CLARIFIES that the Commerce Ministry Act shall be revised to include only the following:
1.) Workers shall be given minimum wage per hour they work. Minimum wage for both private and public sector workers will be $15/hr.
2.) Overtime pay shall be paid as well, at rates at least equivalent to 150% the rate of normal pay.
3.) Workers may have a maximum workload of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week of work unless the employee agrees to have an extra/overtime.
4.) Workers shall be guaranteed 2 weeks of paid vacation per year at each place of employment.
5.) Employers are responsible for the safety and security of the workplace.
6.) Worker unions, associations, and cooperatives are freely to be formed/established.

Free South Califas wrote:I also move to add "Amend National Census Bureau Establishment Act" to the queue, noting that it now has 5 sponsors:
Amend National Census Bureau Establishment Act
Urgency: High | Drafted by: Saul Califas (Com) | Co-sponsors: Jarrod Thuman (Obj), Jozef van Oostvoorne (Com), Dr. Zephiniah Nuckerberg (CMP), Mytannion (RG)

The Aurentine Senate,

Lauding the goals of National Census Bureau Establishment Act (henceforth NCBEA) in general,

Expressing its hope that the census will allow better provision of government services to the people who need it,

Regretting the potential unintended consequences of levying a punitive fine for simply failing to return a National Census Bureau (henceforth NCB) survey, including potential discrimination against people with cognitive and/or communication differences which make traditional surveys difficult to administer or set aside time for, against those with transitory or no home address, etc.,

Hereby enacts the following changes into law:

1. Revising NCBEA article III such that the prior text is struck out and rendered null and void except for the following parts in this order: "III. Citizens who knowingly submit false information in response to an NCB survey shall be fined no more than 5,000 NSC."
-a. Noting that this does not change the punishment for knowingly submitting false information, but does remove the punishment for simply failing to respond to an NCB survey;

2. Amending NCBEA so as to add the following text: "V. As considered necessary by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance, the NCB may establish a Temporary Census Noncompliance Working Group which includes a reasonable number of equal voting members who are not otherwise paid employees of NCB, and empower it to study the potential causes and factors of noncompliance with NCB surveys and to issue appropriate suggestions which benefit society as a whole and take privacy concerns into consideration. This Working Group must be disbanded after issuing such suggestions, unless the Ministry insists that its continued work is necessary.

VI. With the specific or categorical approval of the Minister of Treasury and Finance, the NCB may in good faith implement such suggestions of the Working Group which do not each specifically incur significant added budgetary or privacy costs, and which would be useful alone or in combination with the others which are implemented.

VII. NCB are encouraged to promote the maximum possible accessibility to NCB surveys across all fields of disability, physical location, and other distinctions; including by deploying updated technology to include people with communication disorders."

Queue is on the previous page, due to your activity levels it would probably be wise for you to start doing the queue as well as me.

Absolutely fair. Thanks for all your work to help the Senate, and while I appreciate your apparent intent to continue it in some degree, I also want to pick up the slack.

CURRENT QUEUE FOR LEGISLATION

1. Agricultural Rights Act
2. Governmental Services Act
3. Ministry of Research and Astronomy Reform Act
4. National Culture Act
5. National Financing and Accounting Act
6. Legality and Restrictions Act
7. Senatorial Procedures Act
8. Anti-Corruption Act
9. Membership of the Commonwealth of Nations Act
10. Basic Utilities Privatisation Act
11. Ratification of the Non-Proliferation Treaty
12. Railways Act
13. Food Vendor Act
14. First Amendment to the Limiting Legislation Act
15. First Amendment to the Republican Executive Act
16. Death with Dignity Act
17. Universal Credit
18. Internet Registration Act
19. Voting out business management without holding shares is stupid idea and illegal
20. Time Zone Act
21. Condemnation of United States National Security Agency project: US-984XN
22. National Drug Safety Act
23. Educational Framework Establishment Act
24. System of Measurement Act
25. Animal Protection Act

Current non-omnibus motions
Add the following to the queue:
26. Amend Transportation Ministry Provision Act 2013
27. Amend National Census Bureau Establishment Act
28. Repeal Commerce Ministry Act (see top of this post)

Current omnibus motions
1. Motion to omnibus 16 (universal credit) and 22 (education framework act) into 2 (government services act): 4+ seconds, 1 against, also needs admin approval

2. Motion to omnibus 9 (common wealth) and 11 (non proliferation) into the International treaties act (new omnibus, will take common wealth's place): 5+ seconds (needs admin approval)

3. Motion to omnibus 21 (national drug safety act) into 6 (Legality and restrictions act) (there will be two drug proposals in the new omnibus, it allows us to pick between them) (needs one more second and admin approval): 4+ seconds, 1 against

4. Motion to omnibus 14 (First lla amendment) and 15 (first Republican executive amendment) into 8 (senate procedures act): 5+ seconds (needs admin approval)

5. motion to omnibus 10 (basic utilities act), 12 (railways act), and 13 (food vendor act) into the Economy oversight act (new omnibus, will take basic utilities place): 3+ seconds, 1 against (needs admin approval)

6. Motion to combine the Time Zone Act (19) and the System of Measurement Act (23) into an omnibus by the name of the Standards of Daily Measurement Act. The reasons being time and measurement systems both involve measuring an amount or rotational period. (needs one more second and admin approval?)

7. Motion to combine railways act (12) into the government services act (2)(needs 5 seconds and admin approval?)

that should do it
Last edited by Free South Califas on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

New Zepuha
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:39 pm

3. Motion to omnibus 21 (national drug safety act) into 6 (Legality and restrictions act) (there will be two drug proposals in the new omnibus, it allows us to pick between them) (needs one more second and admin approval): 4+ seconds, 1 against

4. Motion to omnibus 14 (First lla amendment) and 15 (first Republican executive amendment) into 8 (senate procedures act): 5+ seconds (needs admin approval)

5. motion to omnibus 10 (basic utilities act), 12 (railways act), and 13 (food vendor act) into the Economy oversight act (new omnibus, will take basic utilities place): 3+ seconds, 1 against (needs admin approval)

6. Motion to combine the Time Zone Act (19) and the System of Measurement Act (23) into an omnibus by the name of the Standards of Daily Measurement Act. The reasons being time and measurement systems both involve measuring an amount or rotational period. (needs one more second and admin approval?)

7. Motion to combine railways act (12) into the government services act (2)(needs 5 seconds and admin approval?)

I will second each of these.
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Here is proposed omnibus motions with supports level of support:-
1. Motion to omnibus 16 (universal credit) and 22 (education framework act) into 2 (government services act) (needs admin approval only)

2. Motion to omnibus 9 (common wealth) and 11 (non proliferation) into the International treaties act (new omnibus, will take common wealth's place) (motion succeeds)

3. Motion to omnibus 21 (national drug safety act) into 6 (Legality and restrictions act) (there will be two drug proposals in the new omnibus, it allows us to pick between them) (motion succeeds)

4. Motion to omnibus 14 (First lla amendment) and 15 (first Republican executive amendment) into 8 (senate procedures act) (motion succeeds)

5. motion to omnibus 10 (basic utilities act), 12 (railways act), and 13 (food vendor act) into the Economy oversight act (new omnibus, will take basic utilities place) (needs one seconds)

6. Motion to combine the Time Zone Act (19) and the System of Measurement Act (23) into an omnibus by the name of the Standards of Daily Measurement Act. The reasons being time and measurement systems both involve measuring an amount or rotational period. (motion succeeds)

7. Motion to combine railways act (12) into the government services act (2)(needs 4 seconds and admin approval).

I give admin approval to 2,3,4,5 and 6.
I am not giving approval to 1 because two of them are my bills and not to 7 because its my motion however I encourage other admins to do so.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polvia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Polvia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:49 pm

I will second all of the omnibus movements.
Democratic Socialists of NS, come join the Red-Green Party in the NSG Senate!
Trotskyist
Cosmopolitan: 48%
Secular: 52%
Visionary: 42%
Anarchistic: 28%
Communistic: 75%
Pacifist: 64%
Anthropocentric: 21%
Senator and Founder of The Red-Greens
Ambassador from The Red-Greens to the Communist Party
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Last edited by Free South Califas on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I move to merge the Death with Dignity Act and Animal Protection Act into Legality and Restrictions Act omnibus.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I will second the railway motion

By the way, is there a limit to how many bills can be in a single omnibus? If we stick any more bills in some of them we will be overwhelmed come voting time
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:I will second the railway motion

Ignore it. I deleted it because the Senatorial Procedures Act is overloaded.
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Ainin wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:I will second the railway motion

Ignore it. I deleted it because the Senatorial Procedures Act is overloaded.

Im talking about then GSA motion, not the SPA (already passed)

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Ainin wrote:Ignore it. I deleted it because the Senatorial Procedures Act is overloaded.

Im talking about then GSA motion, not the SPA (already passed)

Ignore me please. I'm talking about a whole different thing. Whoopsies. :blush:

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Military Discipline and Structure Act
Author: Ainin and Kouralia • Urgency: Very High • Sponsors: Free South Califas (C), Mytannion (RG), Welsh Cowboy, Geilinor (LD), New Zepuha (CMP)

The Senate of Aurentina,

Noting that the Commonwealth Armed Forces Act left several points unclarified,

Resolving to remedy this problem though legislation,

Enacts the following section and clauses:

Section I - Ranks

Ranks are hereby modeled on the NATO system of codage, however this law affirms that Aurentina is not a member of said organization:

CODE:Army:Navy:Air Force:
OR1:Private (Pte)Seaman (Sm)Aircraft(wo)man (AC)
OR2:Able Seaman (AB)Leading Aircraft(wo)man (LAC)
Senior Aircraft(wo)man (SAC)
OR3:Lance Corporal (L/Cpl)
OR4:Corporal (Cpl)Leading Rate (LH)Corporal (Cpl)
OR5:
OR6:Sergeant (Sgt)Petty Officer (PO)Sergeant (Sgt)
Sergeant Aircrew (Sgt)
OR7:Colour Sergeant (CSgt)Chief Petty Officer (CPO)Flight Sergeant (FS)
Flight Sergeant Aircrew (FS)
Chief Technician (Chf Tech)
OR8:Warrant Officer Class 2 (WO2)Warrant Officer Class 2 (WO2)
OR9:Warrant Officer Class 1 (WO1)Warrant Officer Class 1 (WO1)Warrant Officer (WO)
Master Aircrew (MAcr)
OF(D):Officer Cadet (OCdt)Officer Cadet (OCdt)Officer Cadet (OCdt)
Acting Pilot Officer (APO)
OF1:Second Lieutenant (2Lt)
Lieutenant (Lt)
Midshipman (Mid)
Sub-Lieutenant (S/Lt)
Pilot Officer (PltOf)
Flying Officer (FgOf)
OF2:Captain (Capt)Lieutenant (Lt)Flight Lieutenant (Flt Lt)
OF3:Major (Maj)Lieutenant Commander (LtCdr)Squadron Leader (Sqn Ldr)
OF4:Lieutenant Colonel (LtCol)Commander (Cdr)Wing Commander (Wg Cdr)
OF5:Colonel (Col)Captain (Capt)Group Captain (Gp Capt)
OF6:Brigadier (Brig)Commodore (Cdre)Air Commodore (Air Cdre)
OF7:Major General (MajGen)Rear Admiral (RAdm)Air Vice Marshal (AVM)
OF8:Lieutenant General (LtGen)Vice Admiral(VAdm)Air Marshal (Air Mshl)
OF9:General (Gen)Admiral (Adm)Air Chief Marshal (Air Chf Mshl)
OF10:Field Marshal (FM)Admiral of the Fleet (Adm of the Fleet)Marshal of the Air Force (MAF)

All ranks from OR-1 to OR-3 are to be known as soldiers, airmen or rates, depending on branch of the Armed Forces.
All ranks from OR-4 to OR-7 are to be known as NCOs (non-commissioned officers).
All ranks from OR-8 to Student Officer are to be known as Warrant Officers.
All ranks from OF-1 and above are to be known as commissioned officers.
The President of Aurentina, or a representative acting in his or her official position with willful consent, is mandated to sign a file documenting the commissioning of an officer.

Section II - Symbols

The Commonwealth Armed Forces' motto is to be "Nunquam non paratus" (Never unprepared).
    The Commonwealth Air Force's motto is to be "Per volar sunata" (Born to soar).
    The Commonwealth Army's motto is to be "Faciam quodlibet quod necesse est" (I will do what it takes).
    The Commonwealth Navy's motto is to be "Nil volentibus arduum" (All is possible for the willing).

Hereby passes the Military Discipline and Structure Act.
Last edited by Ainin on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Ainin wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Also, the education framework act should be in the GSA omnibus

Are you sure about that?

After checking nvm

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:I propose the following omnibus motion:
Motion to omnibus 19,20, and 21 into the Government subdivision corrections act
Seconded.
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Free South Califas wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:I propose the following omnibus motion:
Motion to omnibus 19,20, and 21 into the Government subdivision corrections act
Seconded.

Thirded.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Free South Califas wrote:Seconded.

Thirded.

Fourthed.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Ainin wrote:Enough sponsors for queue.
Military Discipline and Structure Act
Author: Ainin • Urgency: Very High • Sponsors: Free South Califas (C), Mytannion (RG), Welsh Cowboy, Geilinor (LD), New Zepuha (CMP)

The Senate of Aurentina,

Noting that the Commonwealth Armed Forces Act left several points unclarified,

Resolving to remedy this problem though legislation,

Enacts the following section and clauses:

Section I - Ranks

Ranks are hereby modeled on the NATO system of codage, however this law affirms that Aurentina is not a member of said organization:
OR-1: Recruit (Rct)
OR-2: Cadet (Cdt)
OR-3: Private (Pvt)
OR-4: Corporal (Cpl)
OR-5: Master Corporal (M/Cpl)
OR-6: Sergeant (Sgt)
OR-7: Warrant Officer, Third Class (WO3)
OR-8: Warrant Officer, Second Class (WO2)
OR-9: Warrant Officer, First Class (WO1)
Student Officer: Officer Cadet (O/Cdt)
OF-1: Second Lieutenant (2Lt)
OF-1: Lieutenant (Lt)
OF-2: Captain (Capt)
OF-3: Major (Maj)
OF-4: Lieutenant-Colonel (L/Col)
OF-5: Colonel (Col)
OF-6: Brigadier-General (B/Gen)
OF-7: Major-General (M/Gen)
OF-8: Lieutenant-General (L/Gen)
OF-9: General, Second Class (2Gen)
OF-10: General, First Class (1Gen)
All ranks from OR-1 to OR-3 are to be known as soldiers, airmen or sailors, depending on branch of the Armed Forces.
All ranks from OR-4 to Student Officer are to be known as NCOs (non-commissioned officers).
All ranks from OF-1 and above are to be known as commissioned officers.
The President of Aurentina, or a representative acting in his or her official position with willful consent, is mandated to sign a file documenting the commissioning of an officer.

Section II - Symbols

The Commonwealth Armed Forces' motto is to be "Nunquam non paratus" (Never unprepared).
The Commonwealth Air Force's motto is to be "Per volar sunata" (Born to soar).
The Commonwealth Army's motto is to be "Faciam quodlibet quod necesse est" (I will do what it takes).
The Commonwealth Navy's motto is to be "Nil volentibus arduum" (All is possible for the willing).

Section III - Procedure

All on-duty uniformed members of the CAF rank OR-6 and below must salute commissioned officers at sight unless when marching or when the circumstance does not allow for a salute to be performed.
It is illegal to lean on a wall or other solid item, to cross arms and to display public signs of affection while in uniform on active duty without permission from the commanding officer.
A commanding officer is defined as the unit's highest-ranked officer.

Hereby passes the Military Discipline and Structure Act.
Could we get the ranks for the Navy and Air Force added as well. There are no Generals in the Navy, they call them Admirals. I also think that this:
It is illegal to lean on a wall or other solid item, to cross arms and to display public signs of affection while in uniform on active duty without permission from the commanding officer.

needs to be clarified, specifically the part about leaning on walls or other solid items. During combat, those walls and solid items are what is known as "cover" and are extremely important to the soldiers safety. They shouldn't need to ask their Lieutenant or Sarge to lean against a wall in order to not be shot at.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives