NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:07 pm

TaQud wrote:AYE to both bills.

BTW why are so many people against the NEA?

The target dates were just too ambitious.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:27 pm

I change my vote for the NEA from Nay to Abstain.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Haelunor
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Haelunor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:30 pm

NEA - Abstain
RAIA - Aye
Last edited by Haelunor on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Independent in the NSG Senate, representing Nurempoort, Constituency 381.

Minister of Energy in the 8th Cabinet of Aurentina
Shadow Minister of Energy in the 7th Shadow Cabinet of Aurentina

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Oneracon wrote:I change my vote for the NEA from Nay to Abstain.

I do as well.

Voting on the Ministry of Research and Astronomy Reform Act

National Extraterrestrial Act
For: 9
Against: 49
Abstain: 7

Research and Astronomy Improvement Act
For: 40
Against: 17
Abstain: 4
Last edited by Venaleria on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

The State of Czecho-Slovakia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The State of Czecho-Slovakia » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:57 pm

I vote yea on both bills!
Player Since 2012

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:58 pm

For: 10
Against: 49

For: 41
Against: 17
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:01 pm

I hereby change my vote on the NEA from AYE to NAY.
Last edited by Quebec and Atlantic Canada on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regnum Albion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Albion » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:42 pm

National Extraterrestrial Act: Nay
Research and Astronomy Improvement Act: Yea

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:47 pm

For: 9
Against: 51

For: 41
Against: 18
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:21 pm

TaQud wrote:AYE to both bills.

BTW why are so many people against the NEA?

Because a European nation has no possibility of even coming close to the goals asked within the amount of time, not even considering that building a space station, and colonizing the moon and mars are flat out ridiculous proposals period if we do not receive international help.
Last edited by New Sapienta on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oneracon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:37 pm

The Proxy Voting Act has enough sponsors to be added to the queue:
Proxy Voting Act
Author: Oneracon [RG] | Co-sponsors: Ainin [TR], Venaleria [RG], Mitonesia [TR], Wolfmanne [PC], Bleckonia [NCP], Byzantium Imperial [NIFP], The Grand Republic of Hannover [CPP], Free South Califas [C]

The Senate of the Aurentine Commonwealth,

RECOGNISING the importance of all Senator's being able to exercise their right and responsibility to vote in presidential elections and in the Senate Chamber;

NOTING that some Senators may not be present for the duration of some votes;

DESIRING to clarify requirements for fair proxy voting;

HEREBY STRIKES OUT AND RENDERS NULL AND VOID section (a) of the Voting Reform Act; and,

HEREBY establishes the Office of Proxy Voting as an office of the Ministry of the Interior; and,

HEREBY ENACTS the following:

Definitions
  1. "Motion" is defined as a formal proposal by a member of the Senate that the Senate take certain action or actions.
  2. "Voting" is defined as a formal expression of a Senator's choice for or against some motion or presidential candidate.
  3. "Proxy" is defined as a Senator voting on behalf of another Senator.
  4. "Principal" is defined as a Senator delegating their voting power to another Senator.
  5. "Proxy voting" is defined as the delegation of voting power by one or more principals to a proxy.

Legality of Proxy Voting
  6. Proxy voting shall be fully legal in the Senate of Aurentina.
  7. Principals delegating their voting power to a proxy must specify the motions/candidates to be voted on and/or the duration of time that the delegation of voting power is valid.
  8. Specifying a particular vote on a motion/candidate may be done for additional clarity at the principal's discretion.

Proxy Voting Procedure
  9. Any principal wishing to delegate voting power to a proxy shall register the following statement with the Office of Proxy Voting:
    I, <Principal's Name>, give <Proxy's Name> permission to vote on my behalf for <name of motion(s)/candidate(s) or duration of time>.
  10. Any principal wishing to delegate voting power to a proxy and specify one or more specific votes on one or more motions shall also register the following statement with the Office of Proxy Voting:
    I, <Principal's Name>, give <Proxy's Name> permission to vote <for/against> on my behalf for <name(s) of motion(s)>.
  11. Vote counters shall verify the permission of a Senator to proxy vote with the Office of Proxy Voting before counting said Senator's proxy vote(s).

Relation to Political Parties
  12. No political party shall implement mandatory proxy voting for Chamber motions or presidential elections.
  13. Provisions in this Act do not apply to proxy voting for internal party matters, though parties are encouraged to establish similar internal regulations.

Coming Into Force
  14. The provisions of this Act shall come into force no earlier than 17 July 2013 at 00:01 UTC.
Last edited by Oneracon on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Compass
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Research and Astronomy Improvement Act: Nay
Slava Ukraini

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Proofreading hat on.

Postby Free South Califas » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:56 pm

By the power vested in me through the Senatorial Grammar and Spelling Blah Blah Blah, I hereby proofread this bill which I forgot to proofread before sponsoring. Oops. :blush: Anyway, there wasn't much to do here, but here it is.
edited wrote:The Proxy Voting Act has enough sponsors to be added to the queue:
Proxy Voting Act
Author: Oneracon [RG] | Co-sponsors: Ainin [TR], Venaleria [RG], Mitonesia [TR], Wolfmanne [PC], Bleckonia [NCP], Byzantium Imperial [NIFP], The Grand Republic of Hannover [CPP], Free South Califas [C]

RECOGNISING the importance of all Senators' being able to exercise their right and responsibility to vote in presidential elections and in the Senate Chamber;

DESIRING to clarify requirements for proxy voting;

HEREBY establishes the Office of Proxy Voting as an office of the Ministry of the Interior, and

Definitions
  1. "Motion" is defined as a formal proposal by a member of the Senate that the Senate take certain action or actions.
  2. "Voting" is defined as a formal expression of a Senator's choice for or against some motion or presidential candidate.
  4. "Principal" is defined as a Senator delegating their voting power to another Senator.
  5. "Proxy voting" is defined as the delegation of voting power by one or more principals to a proxy.

Legality of Proxy Voting
  7. Principals delegating their voting power to a proxy must specify the motions/candidates to be voted on and/or the duration of time that the delegation of voting power is valid.
  8. Specifying a particular vote on a motion/candidate may be done for additional clarity at the principal's discretion.

Proxy Voting Procedure
  9. Any principal wishing to delegate voting power to a proxy shall register the following statement with the Office of Proxy Voting:
    I, <Principal's Name>, give <Proxy's Name> permission to vote on my behalf for <name of motion(s)/candidate(s) or duration of time>.
  10. Any principal wishing to delegate voting power to a proxy may also specify one or more particular votes on one or more motions by registering the following statement with the Office of Proxy Voting:
    I, <Principal's Name>, give <Proxy's Name> permission to vote <for/against> on my behalf for <name(s) of motion(s)>.
  11. Vote counters shall verify the permission of a Senator to proxy vote with the Office of Proxy Voting before counting said Senator's proxy vote(s).

12. No political party shall implement mandatory proxy voting for Chamber motions or presidential elections.
  13. Provisions in this Act do not apply to proxy voting for internal party matters, though parties are encouraged to establish similar internal regulations.

Coming Into Force
  14. The provisions of this Act shall come into force no earlier than 17 July 2013 at 00:01 UTC.
Last edited by Free South Califas on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:56 pm

NEA - Abstain (targets are unrealistic)
RAIA - Aye
Last edited by Lemanrussland on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Free South Califas wrote:By the power vested in me through the Senatorial Grammar and Spelling Blah Blah Blah, I hereby proofread this bill which I forgot to proofread before sponsoring. Oops. :blush: Anyway, there wasn't much to do here, but here it is.
edited wrote:The Proxy Voting Act has enough sponsors to be added to the queue:
Proxy Voting Act

RECOGNISING the importance of all Senators' being able to exercise their right and responsibility to vote in presidential elections and in the Senate Chamber;

DESIRING to clarify requirements for proxy voting;

HEREBY establishes the Office of Proxy Voting as an office of the Ministry of the Interior, and

Definitions

Legality of Proxy Voting

Proxy Voting Procedure
  10. Any principal wishing to delegate voting power to a proxy may also specify one or more particular votes on one or more motions by registering the following statement with the Office of Proxy Voting:

Coming Into Force

Excuse me, but what exactly is this 'blah blah blah' that you speak of?

Na I'm only joking :P.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Blassland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blassland » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Research and Astronomy Improvement Act: Aye
Senator Dean Blessin
Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Progress Coalition (Take 2)

`Murrica
Gotta love the classics!
Male
Protestant Christian
Egalitarian Democrat

Allied Imperial States

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:21 pm

FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Last edited by The Grand Republic of Hannover on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:31 pm

~I motion for the social welfare act to be removed from the queue as it no longer legal in light of the universal credit bill passed.
Slava Ukraini

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:34 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:~I motion for the social welfare act to be removed from the queue as it no longer legal in light of the universal credit bill passed.

It can be amended to repeal that clause of the Universal Credit Act. Further, there is no provision to remove bills from queue.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Yanalia wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:~I motion for the social welfare act to be removed from the queue as it no longer legal in light of the universal credit bill passed.

It can be amended to repeal that clause of the Universal Credit Act. Further, there is no provision to remove bills from queue.

It actually needs to be a clause that repeals the whole bill.
Slava Ukraini

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:47 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:
Yanalia wrote:

No it doesn't.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:50 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:
Yanalia wrote:

No. See: FALLA.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Oneracon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:57 pm

As author of the Proxy Voting Act, I approve the proofreader's change.

I further move to separate (de-omnibus?) the Impartial Polling Places Act from the Anti Corruption Omnibus, and omnibus the Proxy Voting Act and Impartial Polling Places Act into an Election Standards Omnibus.
Last edited by Oneracon on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

New Zepuha
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:58 pm

I motion to omnibus 17 and 18 into the Anti-Crime Omnibus
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives