NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Resora wrote:I move to add this to the queue (again).
Voting Reform Act

Urgency: Very High
Author: Resora (C)
Sponsors: Free South Califas (C). Jozef van Oostvoorne (C), Malgrave (USLP), Welsh Cowboy (I), Oneracon (RG), Geilinor (LD), Osea 767 (C), CTALNH (USLP), Eliasonia (NIFP)

Description:

Recognizing the fact that abuse of certain legislative procedures has become a problem in the Senate;

Dismayed by the fact that a small minority of senators can hold the entire Senate hostage by indefinitely prolonging voting windows;

Concerned over the high potential for voter fraud made possible by "proxy" voting;

The author and sponsors of this bill move that the following be passed into law.

(a): Proxy votes are hereby declared invalid. A senator's vote can only be cast by the senator in question.

(b): Motions for the extension of voting windows are only valid if the vote has failed to meet a quorum of 25% of standing Senators by the end of the original voting window, as determined by the most recent Senate census.

(c): Any extension allowed under section (b) of this law may not exceed twenty-four (24) hours in excess of the original voting window, and no more than one extension is allowed per bill.

(d): Any motion to extend the voting window for an active bill allowed under section (b) of this law requires the support of no less than fifteen (15) senators.

Opposed. Not that anyone will care, just putting it out there
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Er... are we supposed to debate the Executive Reform Act now?
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed

NSG Senate Administrators
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:20 pm

If the admin vote remains at 3-3 by the end of the designated period, then the vote will stand and Geilinor will not be elected.

We understand the warning of Nihil may not sit well with people, but the warning stands unless there is an unanimous admin decision to overturn it.
Last edited by NSG Senate Administrators on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Britanno wrote:Er... are we supposed to debate the Executive Reform Act now?

I suppose we could, as PM voting is suspended.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darmen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:22 pm

The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Well I'm for The National Executive and Legislative Powers Act, if anyone wants to debate anything...

#awkward
Last edited by Britanno on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eliasonia
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eliasonia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Central Africa wrote:
Arglorand wrote:

Fourthed.

Fifthed.
╬ The Iron Party ╬
Liberals: Promoting Freedom, unless it's guns, hunting, tobacco, food, what you can drive, how much money you can make, what you can say, and where you can pray
Maineiacs wrote:There once was a man from Belfast
Whose balls were constructed of brass.
In stormy weather
They'd clang together
And lightening shot out of his ass. :D

New East Ireland wrote:
East germanias wrote:no"
*continues to cry*

*Gives a stuffed Hath doll*
Here you go.. When you squeeze its weenier, it talks and shoots fire from it's eyes..

Mushet wrote:
Necro-Paroom wrote:*Leaks pus*

*leaks cum*
:blush: I'm just very excited to be here
Economic Left/Right: 3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.31
Political Test

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:46 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Britanno wrote:Er... are we supposed to debate the Executive Reform Act now?

I suppose we could, as PM voting is suspended.

You can debate it but not move to voting.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

The Azulia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Azulia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:42 pm

I don't understand. The first "Act" is in fact two different acts, that although touch the same subject, have very different ideas. Should we vote one or the other? Should we discuss them at the same time?

I'm for the proposal of The Treorai and Great Nepal.
Senator of the Libertarian Freedom Party in the NSG Senate.
Member of the Aurentine Sons of Liberty

My vote historial:
Transportation Ministry: Nay
National Census Act: Aye
Commerce Ministry: Aye
National Judiciary Act: Nay
John Geil for PM: Aye

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:43 pm

NSG Senate Administrators wrote:If the admin vote remains at 3-3 by the end of the designated period, then the vote will stand and Geilinor will not be elected.

We understand the warning of Nihil may not sit well with people, but the warning stands unless there is an unanimous admin decision to overturn it.

Which admins have not voted? Are there any undecided active admins? I know that 2 of them are inactive.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:43 pm

The Azulia wrote:I don't understand. The first "Act" is in fact two different acts, that although touch the same subject, have very different ideas. Should we vote one or the other? Should we discuss them at the same time?

It's an omnibus. We'll discuss and vote for them at the same time. In this case, you should only vote aye for one.

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:44 pm

The Azulia wrote:I don't understand. The first "Act" is in fact two different acts, that although touch the same subject, have very different ideas. Should we vote one or the other? Should we discuss them at the same time?

It's an omnibus, so we vote on both at the same time. It speeds up the voting process. Otherwise, we'd have 40 or more acts.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

The Azulia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Azulia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Britanno wrote:This has enough sponsors to be added to the queue (wherever the queue is exactly)

Prime Minister and President's Questions Act

Co-Sponsors: Geilinor, Great Nepal, Arglorand, Ainin, Eliasonia, Fulfflood

UNDERSTANDING that many senators may have questions they would like to ask their Prime Minister or President.

REALISING the need that all senators should have the right to question the Prime Minister or President regarding anything government related.

HEREBY;

1. Orders that once a fortnight two separated threads will be created, one for Prime Minister's Questions and one for President's Questions.

2. Orders that the Prime Minister and President must respond to every question asked.

3. Allows the Prime Minister or President to reply with “No Comment” if they do not wish to answer a question.

Can we annex one Bill to another? The Prime Minister and President's Questions Act co-sponsored by Geilinor, Great Nepal, Arglorand, Ainin, Eliasonia and Fulfflood is complementary to the National Executive and Legislative Powers Act of The Treorai and Great Nepal. Both bills are supported (I believe) by the Coalition, and it would be faster and more eficient if we could vote them together.

EDIT: So my proposal is to add the Prime Minister and President's Questions Act to the omnibus, and vote it together with the National Executive and Legislative Powers Act. That bill depends on the NELPA. If the Executive Council Formation Act is approved, the PMPQA can't be accepted.
Last edited by The Azulia on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator of the Libertarian Freedom Party in the NSG Senate.
Member of the Aurentine Sons of Liberty

My vote historial:
Transportation Ministry: Nay
National Census Act: Aye
Commerce Ministry: Aye
National Judiciary Act: Nay
John Geil for PM: Aye

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Geilinor wrote:
NSG Senate Administrators wrote:If the admin vote remains at 3-3 by the end of the designated period, then the vote will stand and Geilinor will not be elected.

Which admins have not voted? Are there any undecided active admins? I know that 2 of them are inactive.

Aeken and Denecaep are both considered too inactive to vote, so that's why we're taking it out of 7. Quirina is relatively inactive but considered active enough to vote. We don't know if that's going to happen, though.

Regardless, there are 6 very active admins, and they're split 3-3, so even if we restricted it to them then there would be no solid decision.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 pm

I propose that the ECA be amended to give each council member an area of government, with each appointing ministers for his/her area, to compromise between having ministries and division of powers.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm a current sponsor and I'm Ok with that.
Last edited by Free South Califas on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:40 pm

The 24 hour deadline has passed since the admin decision was made to suspend the vote. Neither side got 4 votes, and so, as stated in that post, the vote for Prime Minister is hereby ended with the following results:

Confirmation Vote for John Geil as Prime Minister of the Aurentine Commonwealth
Voting suspended

For: 65
Against: 71
Abstain: 2

The vote of confirmation fails, and John Geil is not confirmed as PM.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:42 pm

NSG Senate Administrators wrote:The 24 hour deadline has passed since the admin decision was made to suspend the vote. Neither side got 4 votes, and so, as stated in that post, the vote for Prime Minister is hereby ended with the following results:

Voting suspended

At last, we've come to a conclusion.

I assume the Senate will resume the daily business of the Chamber, i.e, the queue?

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
NSG Senate Administrators wrote:The 24 hour deadline has passed since the admin decision was made to suspend the vote. Neither side got 4 votes, and so, as stated in that post, the vote for Prime Minister is hereby ended with the following results:

Voting suspended

At last, we've come to a conclusion.

I assume the Senate will resume the daily business of the Chamber, i.e, the queue?

Yes, until Wolfmanne appoints another PM.

Beta Test
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Beta Test » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Well, that's a shame.
Member of the Coalition of Workers and Farmers
Michael Ferreira: President of the Senate
Philip Awad: Former Secretary of Rural Development

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:45 pm

All right, so we've got those two executive bills to discuss. Who supports the amendment I proposed to the ECA?

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:45 pm

Voting suspended

Bloody reactionary hogwash.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:46 pm

The Treorai wrote:

Voting suspended

Bloody reactionary hogwash.

Senator, please, stop.

A conclusion has been reached. Let us move on.

Yanalia wrote:All right, so we've got those two executive bills to discuss. Who supports the amendment I proposed to the ECA?

Could you repost them, please? I fear I missed the amendment in all the fuss over the PM appointment.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Yanalia wrote:I propose that the ECA be amended to give each council member an area of government, with each appointing ministers for his/her area, to compromise between having ministries and division of powers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives