NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon May 27, 2013 9:59 am

Byzantium Imperial wrote:Preliminary warning, not official, do not take it as such

This is the latest version of the queue I could find. Unfortunately, as its from a few days ago, it is missing a few pieces of legislation, which mag include any of the following but not limited to :Copyright Bill, National Museums act, Commonwealth armed forces act, and the LLA.

I posted this simply so people don't have too dig far to find the last posted version. I am neither admin nor doing this as any official function

Senatorial Supremacy Act should be at 21.
Commonwealth Armed Forces Act should be at 22.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 10:00 am

Alright, il get started on that. If people could please give links and suspected order for any other bills that should be on the queue?
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Mon May 27, 2013 10:06 am

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
NATIONAL BILL OF RIGHTS
Voting ends 2013/05/27 at 05:38 UTC

Anti-Slavery Act
For: 38
Against: 3
Blank: 1
Total: 42
Abstain: 1

Civil Treatment Act
For: 18
Against: 22
Blank: 2
Abstain: 3

Sexual Industry Regulation Act
For: 32
Against: 9
Blank: 1
Abstain: 1

Provisional Criminal Code
For: 28
Against: 11
Blank: 3
Abstain: 3

Woops, previous guy messed up these totals. Fixingg, be patient

Nevermind, problem resolved (total=blank + against + for. Took me a few seconds to realize it)

Edit 3: at 5-27, UTC 17:00 final votes tallied.

ASA, PCC, and Sexual industry regulation act have passed
Civil treatment act has failed to achieve a majority

Wait, how is voting over already?

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 am

Voting is not officially over untill an admin calls it, however if you read when the vote is supposed to end, the time has passed

Refer to the top of the vote count in the fine print for the times that im reading.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 am

Byzantium Imperial wrote:Voting is not officially over untill an admin calls it, however if you read when the vote is supposed to end, the time has passed

The vote started early Sunday morning (12:41 am). Given 48 hours of voting, shouldn't it continue until early Tuesday morning? (This is all in terms of my own time zone)

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 10:13 am

Mishmahig wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Voting is not officially over untill an admin calls it, however if you read when the vote is supposed to end, the time has passed

The vote started early Sunday morning (12:41 am). Given 48 hours of voting, shouldn't it continue until early Tuesday morning? (This is all in terms of my own time zone)

I am just reading whats at the top of the vote counter. I was under the impression it started on saturday. I will check now.
Just because i put vote numbers up doesnt mean you cant vote. Admins might just not count it

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon May 27, 2013 10:18 am

Mishmahig wrote:

The vote counter was off by a day. Voting should still be open.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 am

Yanalia wrote:Limiting Legislation Act: BLANK VOTE
Anti-Slavery Act: FOR
Civil Treatment Act: AGAINST
Sexual Industry Regulation Act: FOR
Provisional Criminal Code: BLANK VOTE

This would be the first vote on record on the bills in question. Marked on page 75 on 5-25 at 9:41 PM (21:41). Forum time zone (current post is made at 10:28 forum time).

It has not been 48 hours, so voting remains open. Why the counter is off is beyond me.

Actual voting ends at
5-28 5:38 UTC
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon May 27, 2013 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 am

Well then...
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am

Shouldn't the National Museum Establishment Act be up there?

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=14659285#p14659285
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 10:46 am

Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon May 27, 2013 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 am

NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 10:57 am

Ainin wrote:Enough support for queue.
Responsible Government Act
Author: Ainin [TR, MoRA]
Sponsors: Grenartia [TR], Luziyca, Zokoria [TR], Geilinor [LD]
Urgency: Medium

The Senate of Aurentina,

ACKNOWLEDGING that no state in the world is totally free from corruption,

HOWEVER NOTING it can be significantly be diminished through efficient legislation,

Section I - The Auditor-General

A) The government agency of the Office of the Auditor-General of Aurentina (OAG) is created
B) The head of this agency is to be known as the Auditor-General of Aurentina
C) The Auditor-General is appointed by the President on advice of the Prime Minister
D) The appointe is to hold a bachelor of business administration and be a chartered accountant at the very least
E) He or she is to audit Aurentine government departments, agencies and publically-owned enterprises once yearly
F) He or she is to directly report to the President of Aurentina
G) The Auditor-General may seat for two four-year terms at the maximum

Section II - Conflict of Interest
A) No senator, cabinet minister or other civil servant may vote on or issue decisions that will lead to personal monetary gain
B) Point A is to exclude salary increases, pensions, tax cuts and tax credits
C) Aurentine public servants violating this section will be charged with conflict of interest and fined at least twice their gain and no more than 10 times their gain
D) Senators found to be violating this section must surrender their financial information to the Auditor-General who is to perform an investigation within 2 months of the offence

Section III - Access to Information
A) A file confidentiality system is created, from Open to Top Secret
NB: Open > Confidential > Strictly Confidential > Top Secret
B) Any document, file or letter issued in an official position by a national, provincial or municipal civil servant classified Confidential or lower may be released by request
C) Any document, file or letter issued in an official position by a national, provincial or municipal civil servant classified Strictly Confidential is reclassified Open after 5 years
D) Any document, file or letter issued in an official position by a national, provincial or municipal civil servant classified Top Secret is reclassified Open after 20 years
E) Any document, file or letter issued in an official position by a national, provincial or municipal civil servant classified Confidential may be redacted before release, in a manner that does not impede understanding
F) Any document, file or letter issued in an official position by a national, provincial or municipal civil servant may be redacted to remove personal information
F) Internal Memorandums are classified Open after 6 months
G) Access to information requests are to be sent to the Auditor-General, and may be sent by any citizen of the Commonwealth

Section IV - Judicial Clarity
A) No official or employee of the Aurentine Government is immune from prosecution for offences committed either on or off-duty
B) No citizen, resident, business, organization or other entity in the Aurentine Commonwealth is immune from any legislation, unless specified otherwise in a concise manner
C) The interpretation of legislation is the responsibility of the judicial, and not the executive or legislative branches

CONCLUDING that this act is necessary for a stable and transparent government in Aurentina,

Hereby passes the Responsible Government Act

This bill seems to have evaded our queue

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 am

Nvm
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon May 27, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 am

NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 11:01 am

Last edited by Venaleria on Mon May 27, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 am

I was in the process of correcting that. But you beat me to it :)

Alright, seems like weve cleaned up the mess with queue and voting times.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon May 27, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 am

A-hah! In the words of Kouralia, Jelly Babies for everyone!
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 am

As this bill has the appropriate number of co-sponsors and every necessary edit has been made, I move to add it to the queue.

Second Constitution of the Senate

Drafted by Othelos (PC)

Co-Sponsors: Byzantium Imperial (NIFP), Venaleria (RG), Yanalia (RG), The Realm of God (PC), Mishmahig (TR), Maklohi Vai (LD), Evraim (PC), Glasgia (LD), and Belmaria (LFP)

Noting that the current constitution includes confusing and awkward wording,

Understanding that the current constitution is inefficient and disorganized,

Hereby repeals the current constitution of the Senate and replaces it with this one.

Powers of the Senate and its Members

1. Each Senator shall have the ability to draft legislation such as this.
2. Each Senator shall have the ability to vote on drafted legislation in the chamber.
3. The Senate shall have the ability to repeal passed legislation, with a majority vote in favor.
4. The Senate shall have the ability to regulate the total quantity of seats available in the senate, with a majority vote in favor.
5. Each Senator shall have the ability to create a political party.
6. The Senate shall have the ability to elect a President of the Senate, with a plurality or majority in favor, depending on the current requirements.
7. Parties in the minority shall have the ability to jointly create an opposition. The opposition shall have the ability to select an opposition leader and second officer.
8. The Senate shall have the ability to eject unruly members of the Senate with a 90% majority vote in favor, or through unanimous administrative action.
9. The Senate shall have the ability to amend this constitution, with a two thirds majority vote in favor.

Legislation and Other Requirements

1. A queue of legislation to be voted upon shall be established, which shall include all legislation drafted and approved by five Senators in chronological order.
2. A majority shall be defined as 50%+1 votes, unless mentioned otherwise in a specific section, and legislation may only pass with a majority in favor.
3. Only one bill may be voted on at a time in the chamber. This may be overridden if seven Senators move for similar bills to be placed up for vote at the same time and an administrator approves. Bills up for vote at the same time may be individually voted upon. Combined bills shall be called an omnibus bill.
4. The layout of legislation should mimic this one.
5. Once a bill becomes the first in the queue, it must be debated on for 24 hours before going up for vote. The debate period may be extended only once for up to 12 more hours if seven Senators move for an extension and an admin approves.
6. 48 hours must elapse before a bill is passed or rejected. This excludes cases when, after 24 hours, 90% of votes or more are in favor or opposed to a bill. In order for the voting period to end early, five Senators must move to end the voting period early, with administrator approval.
Last edited by Othelos on Mon May 27, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Mon May 27, 2013 11:54 am

*puts admin hat on*

Voting appears to have been closed prematurely on the NBoRA, so it is still going. As soon as voting is done on that, the LLA is next in line. whether or not it is edited.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Evraim
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Evraim » Mon May 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:*puts admin hat on*

Voting appears to have been closed prematurely on the NBoRA, so it is still going. As soon as voting is done on that, the LLA is next in line. whether or not it is edited.

We could always amend the resolution once it comes to the floor so long as nobody cancels debate prematurely.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Mon May 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Othelos wrote:As this bill has the appropriate number of co-sponsors and every necessary edit has been made, I move to add it to the queue.

Second Constitution of the Senate

Drafted by Othelos (PC)

Co-Sponsors: Byzantium Imperial (NIFP), Venaleria (RG), Yanalia (RG), The Realm of God (PC), Mishmahig (TR), Maklohi Vai (LD)

Noting that the current constitution includes confusing and awkward wording,

Understanding that the current constitution is inefficient and disorganized,

Hereby repeals the current constitution of the Senate and replaces it with this one.

Powers of the Senate and its Members

1. Each Senator shall have the ability to draft legislation such as this.
2. Each Senator shall have the ability to vote on drafted legislation in the chamber.
3. The Senate shall have the ability to repeal passed legislation, with a majority vote in favor.
4. The Senate shall have the ability to regulate the total quantity of seats available in the senate, with a majority vote in favor.
5. Each Senator shall have the ability to create a political party.
6. The Senate shall have the ability to elect a President of the Senate, with a plurality or majority in favor, depending on the current requirements.
7. Parties in the minority shall have the ability to jointly create an opposition. The opposition shall have the ability to select an opposition leader and second officer.
8. The Senate shall have the ability to eject unruly members of the Senate with a 90% majority vote in favor, or through unanimous administrative action.
9. The Senate shall have the ability to amend this constitution, with a two thirds majority vote in favor.

Legislation and Other Requirements

1. A queue of legislation to be voted upon shall be established, which shall include all legislation drafted and approved by five Senators in chronological order.
2. A majority shall be defined as 50%+1 votes, unless mentioned otherwise in a specific section, and legislation may only pass with a majority in favor.
3. Only one bill may be voted on at a time in the chamber. This may be overridden if seven Senators move for similar bills to be placed up for vote at the same time and an administrator approves. Bills up for vote at the same time may be individually voted upon. Combined bills shall be called an omnibus bill.
4. The layout of legislation should mimic this one.
5. 48 hours must elapse before a bill is passed or rejected. This excludes cases when, after 24 hours, 90% of votes or more are in favor or opposed to a bill. In order for the voting period to end early, five Senators must move to end the voting period early, with administrator approval.

Do we need to motion for that? If so, I'l second.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Mon May 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Evraim wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:*puts admin hat on*

We could always amend the resolution once it comes to the floor so long as nobody cancels debate prematurely.

That's always possible.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Mon May 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Britcan wrote:
Britcan wrote:
Firearms Act (2013)
Urgency: Moderate

Drafted by: Britcan [TR]
Sponsored by: Ceannairceach [TR], Polvia [RG], Great Nepal [CFE], Agritum [TR], Arglorand [TR]

I) The private ownership of all fully automatic and burst-fire weapons, any firearm with a magazine capable of holding more than seven rounds, any firearms disguised as another item, rockets and mortars, any weapon designed or adapted for the discharge of noxious gases, fluids or other substance and any firearms that previously fell into a prohibited category but have since been converted is hereby banned.

II) The ownership of explosive, incendiary, noxious (biological, chemical) and armour piercing ammunition types by civilians is hereby banned.

III) The possession, provided the owner has a valid Firearms Ownership Certificate (henceforth known as a FOC), for each weapon, of all other types of firearm and their ammunition is permitted. All firearms must be kept in a secure storage unit on the property of the owner.

IV) In order to acquire a FOC, which shall be issued by the police, the owner must; be over 18 years of age, have no criminal record, be able to convince the police that they have a good reason for owning the weapon if the case manager requests them to do so, have no record of serious mental health issues, be able to provide the police with a valid form of identification, give the police two referees of good character who may be interviewed by the police at the discretion of the case manager, have the storage unit where the weapon will be kept inspected and deemed sufficiently secure by the police, go through an interview with a police officer if the case manager deems it necessary and submit to a thorough background check. Case managers are encouraged to go through as many steps as are necessary to confirm beyond reasonable doubt that the owner will not be a threat to others. Only when all these steps have been satisfactorily completed will a license be issued, which must be renewed every 5 years.

V) Good reason may include, but is not limited to, target shooting, hunting, self defence and the collection of historic and black-powder weapons, but not participation in a paramilitary. If the reason for owning the weapon is self defence the weapon must be kept inside the home of the owner at all times. Case managers are encouraged to evaluate if the reason for ownership justifies the gun they intend to purchase.

VI) The penalty for the possession of a firearm without a certificate is a maximum of fifteen years in prison and an unlimited fine. The penalty for removing a firearm intended for self defence from the home is the confiscation of all the owners weapons, the revocation of their FOCs and a fine of up to 10,000NSD.

VII) The ownership of air pistols with a muzzle energy of under 8J and air rifles of energy under 16J without a licence for any person over the age of 16 is permitted and a person under 16 years of age may use an airgun while under the supervision of an adult. Weapons of higher energy are considered firearms and must be licensed as such. If a person is convicted of engaging in a crime while in possession of an airgun of any power they are to be considered armed, regardless of wether it was loaded or if they intended to use it.

VIII) The ownership of airsoft or other soft air guns firing plastic BBs without a licence provided the muzzle of the gun is painted a bright orange is permitted. However, they cannot be sold to persons under the age of 16 although persons under the age of 16 are permitted to use them while under supervision by an adult. In order to own a realistically painted soft air or other plastic BB gun a person must be at least 16 years of age, have a valid reason for wanting to own one (i.e. for airsoft skirmishing or re-enacting) and be a regular at an insured airsoft site.

I move to add this to the queue.

May I point out that a standard pistol can kill as many people as a fully automatic rifle if used correctly.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 12:54 pm

NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives