NATION

PASSWORD

HAPPY ZOMBIE JESUS DAY

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cu Math
Senator

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cu Math » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Cu Math wrote:And december 25 is verrrrry close to the solstice, a holy day to romans as well

What? The Solstice isn't a festival day.

Ever heard of Mithras?
Those who are not willing to support us are second-rate nations, but first-rate main courses.
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
From the Council of Terrible Elders
Distributor of Potato Medals
Acolyte of the NSG Sodomy Club
Requiescat In Pacem, Dyakovo. You were the best of us
Ordained Dudeist Priest
Divair's Big Guide to Proving Evolution
Atheist, Bisexual and Bagpiper
Palestinian-Scottish-American

The One And Only Duke Of The Potato

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:54 pm

I don't celebrate Easter because I'm not Christian. I'm ok with others celebrating it, I even help. To that end, I've already completed my annual tradition of putting baskets of candy on people's front porches - at least in my immediate neighborhood.

While I might question some adults (the one's who get offensive about their beliefs), I see no reason to spoil a child's good time.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Tsaraine
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaraine » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:03 am

Hossaim, unfortunately, in my role as a duly appointed avatar of His Fluffiness the Easter Bunny (as per the NS Mod/Cadbury Church Treaty of 1087) I'm going to have to lock your thread and confiscate your easter eggs, for the sin of being a huge jerk-ass on Easter Monday.

As an atheist and as a mod, I'm disappointed in your conduct.

~ Tsar the Mod.

[edit] Right. I have now gone through all twenty-nine pages of this thread without any easter eggs to sustain me. The Lord thy Tsar is wrathful! Also woeful and chocolate-less. Cower, mortals, before the wrath of Mod! Raaaaawr!

Image spam. *** Vaklor - official warning *** This is also inappropriate. Your Tsar is irked. >:(

This is kinda irrelevant and useless and not helping things, so it makes me frown >:( but it's not breaking any actual rules.

Flaming. You could have made this argument without insulting your opponent. *** Ende - warning for flaming ***

This is also kinda irrelevant and useless and not helping things, and moreso than the previous because knowing the joke rests on being familiar with a TV show that's quite old now. >:(

Even when you edit things out, it's still flaming. I do appreciate that you thought better of it later and apologised, though. Next time, try thinking twice about it before you flame. *** Harkonna - warning for flaming ***. Also, while I understand your point, this is pretty much spamming. Frowny face! >:(

This is flaming. You might want to ask the Wizard of Oz for some civility. *** Heirosoloa - warning for flaming ***

This is off-topic, irrelevant, and flaming a completely unrelated third party. Shape up or it's Lunar exile for you, bucko!

Admitting that poor and purposefully obfuscatory debate tactics are intended only to incite anger in your opponent? *** Soviet Canuckistan - warning for flamebaiting. ***

This is rude and unnecessary. I'm on the fence as to whether or not it's warn-worthy, so you get three frowny faces >:( >:( >:( and a smack with the rolled-up newspaper. Please behave better in future.

I'm pretty sure that this was meant in jest - which is why you're not currently deleted for telling people to kill themselves. We don't like that round these here parts. (I also appreciate your attempts to get people to calm down and stop slinging insults elsewhere in the thread). Humour, sarcasm etc doesn't transmit well in a text-only format, so please be careful in future when trying to use it! >:(

How would you manage if your hands were covered in human faces? Perhaps something like this.

This is wise. I like it, keep it up. *** Avenio - official warning for being a reasonable and even-tempered individual with their head on straight. *** This is NSG, none of that! :P Warning is invalid and void within Earth's gravity well.

Thus endeth the redtext. Happy Chocolate Bunny Day. Remember to eat your chocolate bunnies from the feet first so they can't escape!
Last edited by Tsaraine on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Return to General