NATION

PASSWORD

HAPPY ZOMBIE JESUS DAY

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pyravar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pyravar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

The Akkadian Empire wrote:
Hossaim wrote:Well, It's 15 minutes until Zombie Jesus Day. It's the day we celebrate Jesus becomming a zombie when he came back to life after being crucified. I would like the wish all NSers a very happy Zombie Jesus day. Do any of you have plans. For me, I am going to play 12 hours straight of zombies games. This year is Red Dead Redemption: Undead Alive, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Rising 2.

Congratulations, you made a thread fifteen minutes before Easter Sunday, just so you could ridicule and ruin the image of Jesus Christ. At least the Orthodox Christians got a thread with some respect.

A shame that this is what it comes down to, kids parodying Christianity by comparing its Prophet to a brainless zombie, and celebrating his name by playing half a day of video games.

Me? I'll enjoy time with friends and family, at church and at home, while enjoying a feast that was made possible by the Messiah that you mock and his father.

Zombie Jesus bought him dinner. How cute. Perhaps he'll get a second date.
Supreme Leader of the Krimson Empire

Bataron
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bataron » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:

Actually Judaism was before Christianity.

Fedeledland
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Fedeledland wrote:
No. It was a sperm cell and an ovary.

Created by... God

Cell generation from an earlier cellmand ovary; et cetera.
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
WARNING: My writing might contain amounts of extreme pomp and purple prose. Read at your own caution.
QUE VIVA EL REY!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Caninope wrote:Ah, but it takes far longer for a holiday with chocolate to get boring than a bad joke to get boring.

Ah, but there is chocolate on Zombie Jesus Day. Out of all 10-20 years it's been around, Zombie Jesus Day has always had chocolate. Easter didn't have chocolate for 1800 years! :o

I rest my case. 8)
Do we still celebrate Valentine's Day?

Yes?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Fruit living too.

Fruits aren't living. Fruits are simply growths of a plant meant to be eaten for seed dispersal.

Don't humans normally digest the seeds?
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Mavorpen wrote:(Image)

You've never heard of fruit?

Fruit living too.

Ahh, but fruits are supposed to be eaten. That's why they are tasty.

Except dragonfruit. Fuck dragonfruit.
Last edited by Rupudska on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Wisconsin7
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Fedeledland wrote:
No. It was a sperm cell and an ovary.

Created by... God

No, created by cellular meiosis. Which can be directly observed, as opposed to God, who has been observed exactly zero times in recorded history.
R.I.P. 1000 Cats

I am a straight 14 year old male atheistic Communist vegan loner. If you have a problem with any of this, I only request that you stay the fuck away from me. If you have questions about atheism or Communism, ask someone else, because there's a 99% chance they can explain it better. If you have questions about veganism, or are yourself a vegan, send me a TG, because I fear that I am the only one on NSG.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown in sun
When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise

Demons run, but count the cost
The battle's won, but the child is lost

Jerusalem and Damascus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalem and Damascus » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Jerusalem and Damascus wrote:
You do not live in the Ottawa Valley, this is why.

My beard has frozen on occasion here.

*blinks* I'm sorry to hear that.
I live in Texas, so I view snow and winter time like Rapunzel views the world outside her tower.

Come to the Ottawa valley and revel in our -40 degree weather.
Roman Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist ala the Duma, Political Pluralist, Laissez-Faire Capitalist, Civil Libertarian (Don't have a link for this one -- just let people do as they do, so to speak)
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00

NUMBER ONE ON KARINZISTAN'S NATION STATES LIST. HELLS YEAH.
Official recipient of Cu Math's "Let's Be Civil" Potato
How physicists I've met seem to function.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Caninope wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Image

You've never heard of fruit?

And by eating fruit, they've prevented new life from forming. They've killed a little embryo (the seed).

Fruits were sculpted by Natural Selection to BE EATEN so that the seeds can be dispersed.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Wisconsin7
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Fruit living too.

Ahh, but fruit is supposed to be eaten. That's why they are tasty.

No, fuck grapefruit.
R.I.P. 1000 Cats

I am a straight 14 year old male atheistic Communist vegan loner. If you have a problem with any of this, I only request that you stay the fuck away from me. If you have questions about atheism or Communism, ask someone else, because there's a 99% chance they can explain it better. If you have questions about veganism, or are yourself a vegan, send me a TG, because I fear that I am the only one on NSG.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:But who created the people who postulated those ideas...God

God must like contradictions. The morality of Hinduism and Jainism are completely incompatible with Christianity. How can they both be from the same source?

Some are compatible such as the golden rule which is to not do to thy neighbour what you wouldn't want done to you.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Let's all line atheists against the walls and kill them by firing squad! :lol:

In all seriousness, guys, let's not be offended. All this is doing is backing up my theory of "5% of atheists are dicks, 95% are perfectly fine people." And frankly, it's Easter tomorrow, and the weather is great.

Unless you live in like, Alberta. Or Ottowa. Or Canada.

Then I just feel sorry for you.
Last edited by Ende on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

The Akkadian Empire wrote:Congratulations, you made a thread fifteen minutes before Easter Sunday, just so you could ridicule and ruin the image of Jesus Christ. At least the Orthodox Christians got a thread with some respect.

A shame that this is what it comes down to, kids parodying Christianity by comparing its Prophet to a brainless zombie, and celebrating his name by playing half a day of video games.

Me? I'll enjoy time with friends and family, at church and at home, while enjoying a feast that was made possible by the Messiah that you mock and his father.

Brainless zombie?

Silly Akkadian, it's Zombie Jesus' VICTIMS that don't have brains. In fact, the way one usually kills a zombie is by removing it's brain. Zombie Jesus has the most brains of them all, one might say.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Ende wrote:Let's all line atheists against the walls and kill them by firing squad! :lol:

In all seriousness, guys, let's not be offended. All this is doing is backing up my theory of "5% of atheists are dicks, 95% are perfectly fine people." And frankly, it's Easter tomorrow, and the weather is great.

Unless you live in like, Alberta.

Then I just feel sorry for you.

6in of snow on Thursday.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Caninope wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:
Fruits aren't living. Fruits are simply growths of a plant meant to be eaten for seed dispersal.

Don't humans normally digest the seeds?

Humans normally don't eat them in the first place. :palm:
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Caninope wrote:Ah, but it takes far longer for a holiday with chocolate to get boring than a bad joke to get boring.

Ah, but there is chocolate on Zombie Jesus Day. Out of all 10-20 years it's been around, Zombie Jesus Day has always had chocolate. Easter didn't have chocolate for 1800 years! :o

No, no! Zombie Jesus Day simply pretends it has chocolate. In reality, it has the far inferior jellybeans.
I'm the Pope

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Wisconsin7 wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

No, fuck grapefruit.

Fuck them, too.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Renascibilitas
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Renascibilitas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:
God must like contradictions. The morality of Hinduism and Jainism are completely incompatible with Christianity. How can they both be from the same source?

Some are compatible such as the golden rule which is to not do to thy neighbour what you wouldn't want done to you.

Which is why the Bible says to stone your neighbor if he's working on the sabbath. That's what you want done to you, right?

Or destroying a city if a few people in it want to rebel against God? That's what you want done to you, right?
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Wisconsin7
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:

I prefer an eye for an eye. Because if you're always nice to people then most of them will just take advantage of you.
R.I.P. 1000 Cats

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Wisconsin7 wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

No, fuck grapefruit.

Don't talk crap about grapefruit.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Caninope wrote:No, no! Zombie Jesus Day simply pretends it has chocolate. In reality, it has the far inferior jellybeans.

What if they're chocolate jellybeans?

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Caninope wrote:Don't humans normally digest the seeds?

Humans normally don't eat them in the first place. :palm:

Would you like to explain to me how to eat a cucumber or tomato without eating the seeds?
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

Drouga
Secretary

Founded: Jan 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drouga » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Finium wrote:I get the feeling that the gracious author of this thread was really hoping to pick a fight...

Really? To me this is just a simple joke that spiraled to some debate. However, even though your opinion is different than mine, I respect it and will not slaughter you for your heresy. But I still reserve the right to make light-hearted jokes about it.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Wisconsin7 wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Some are compatible such as the golden rule which is to not do to thy neighbour what you wouldn't want done to you.

I prefer an eye for an eye. Because if you're always nice to people then most of them will just take advantage of you.

I agree but you don't want to be a total jerk.

Fedeledland
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:

...which came from Zoroastrianism that inherited a tonnamstuff from Hinduism.

And that's one sentence in millions of words.
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
WARNING: My writing might contain amounts of extreme pomp and purple prose. Read at your own caution.
QUE VIVA EL REY!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General