NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Barapam wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:One could condense both into oppression in general.

You're right, that makes more sense. Especially since ideologies won't come into play until pretty late if this world follows events similar to real world history.

Glad to be of help, I assume slavery would be empowering to your deity?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:46 pm

This isn't final just yet, but I might as well put it here:

CIV APP
Name: Sparta
Government Type: None/Disunified
Ruler: None
Patron God(s): Teiwaz
Species: Homo Sapiens
Culture:

Warrior Culture. Many of Sparta's city states and tribes regularly engage in warrior games and wars to show dominance over their rivals as well as showcase the strength of their warriors and people.

Mandatory male conscription is a common policy in many city states and usually begins after they reach adulthood and lasts until the end of their contract (2 or more years depending on city state) where they are given the option to either stay in the military (highly encouraged) or quit. Though females are not often seen on the battlefield, many are taught the ideas and skills of combat alongside males during childhood. It is also encouraged that females continue this education and training after they become adults by attending one of the many professional schools of warriorship that are scattered throughout Sparta.

Many Spartans will identify themselves by their city state or tribe rather than as a Spartan. In fact, some don't even know the term exists. The only time the word is more popularly used is during times of foreign invasion, when the city states unite as the Spartan Confederacy.

Brief History:

The word Sparta comes from the name Teiwaz gave to the land that the civilization resides in. The geography of Sparta is mostly homogenous throughout, with mountains being commonplace on both the mainland and the islands that are close by.

Throughout the early years of the civilization, tribes were the predominant social unit, however, as time passed, tribes that had a more strategic advantage began to develop into city states. Just like how tribes had their own rivalries during that time, the city states quickly developed their own as more began to pop up all across Sparta. City states will usually settle their rivalries via warrior games and proxy wars.

Warrior games are a very popular sport all over Sparta and has become such a large attraction that many city states participate in the Warrior Olympics. While combat is considered the main event in these games, there are those include non-combat oriented events such as spear throwing, sprinting, archery, and swimming.

Proxy wars are also a common way that city states settle their rivalries. This usually occurs when a tribal war begins between two or more tribes that are allied to different city states. City states will commonly send aid in the form of weapons and supplies and, sometimes, even their own warriors. This is why all of the tribes present in Sparta pledge some sort of allegiance to a city state. Direct wars between two city states don't happen often, due to the acknowledgement that if these cities go to war, it could leave Sparta as a whole less prepared for invasion. They tend to happen when rivalries turn very bitter and are not settled easily by just proxy wars and warrior games. It is even rarer, though, to see a city state annex another city state after wars like these occur. Most of the peace treaties that are signed often only include the losing city state giving war reparations and their influence over their tribes to the winner. In some instances, the losing side even has to fork over some of their best warriors and weapons.

Despite these rivalries between city states and how there is no uniting government for them, all city states have each agreed to a pact that obligates them to unite with one another if and when a foreign invasion of Spartan soil occurs. This united defense force is often called the Spartan Confederation. The Spartan Confederation is lead by the best Spartan generals that the city states can muster. The confederation, as it says within the pact, lasts all the way until the threat to Sparta is eliminated. At that point, the Spartan Confederacy is to immediately dissolve and all soldiers and generals are to return to their cities.

Anything else: None

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Sparta, Bar Khabo, and the Goons are accepted! It's cool to see how much effort you guys are putting into creating your custom civilizations and species. It's so Awesome! Love the creativity!

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:07 pm

Last edited by The Hepthalites on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Thank you so much, Hepth!!! :lol:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:52 pm

Ovesa wrote:Huotsipol and the Crystalline Republic are accepted!

As for the other civs, it's been decided that Gods and Semi-Divines can't directly rule over civilizations. Without this constraint, the RP essentially becomes a faction-based one with overpowered immortal rulers.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I won't be able to post until later today, but I will do my best to keep in contact while I'm working :)

Ehhh.

I understand, but I'm slightly disappointed.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:13 pm

Ovsea, I'm going to need that history settled. Also why'd you accept my application? Several parts of the application have yet to be filled out, once again because of the history thing.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:13 pm

CIV APP
Name: Athens
Government Type: Anarchic city/Dreamscape
Ruler: N/A
Patron God(s): Telsa, Idol Worship
Species: Humans (Homo Sapiens Sapiens)
Culture:

Athens' culture is largely based around the Goddess of Debate/Architecture's love and passion for the Spoken Word or Oration and Debate. She devoted the place to it, since she figured that "if everyone else was doing it, imma do it too."

Athens has a sign, a sign for all visitors/newcomers (on tablet) that said:
Here be Athens, the place - the home for all thinkers, intellectuals, dreamers, ponderers, wonderers and so on.
A pure dreamworld, a world built and standing on Idea.
She also made a blueprint for proof of her existence.

Athens would be a domain for Humans, or what she referred to as, "the thinking creature." Five hands, five toes, two of pretty-much everything else, eyebrows, variation in skin color/complexion - Humanity seemed perfect, or the ideal.

Athens is effectively a laissez-faire (liberal)/progressive state devoted to Telsa's domains, though Telsa planned to build it up into an Academia or an Intellectual State/College.

"Do what you want, though note this place is not necessarily a place of War. My colleague may disagree with me, but words matter. This is an area for verbal conflict and reason, not mindlessly stabbing eachother without Mercy. Heed my word." She told the humans.

Athens was a place surrounded by pedestals and pillars (essentially Greek/Ancient Greek architecture), and also bountiful when it came to Food. She was by no means a Hunter, but she wanted to indulge their carnal/primitive/instinctual desires.

"Eat the cow. Make spoils. Enjoy yourselves. Embrace Thought." She remarked to them.

Her first commands/wishes.

Fashion and etc
Besides oration/public speaking, many followers/worshippers of Telsa bred animals, took care of them and generally used them as pets. Farming, eating and other skills were used, but they saw no real reason in hurting their home and the originator of it.

And also the Greek aesthetic that filled Athens, but to keep in good taste - decor. The city looked nice and generally very visually appealing, with posters everywhere. Blue was her color, so certain important buildings were blue or had blue materials in/on them. Athens, itself, didn't 'lack a feminine touch,' but Telsa designed it to be kinda utilitarian. She changed her mind in a few days though, knowing if Athens had to survive and thrive and generally nourish, then it couldn't solely be devoted to Debate.

Dress? Telsa was laissez-faire, not minding or caring their Nudity, but also deciding to "make her own clothing line" of tunics, dresses, and whatnot, but also unisex/genderless clothing.

Telsa's rules-of-Worship
  • Don't kill animals in my name.
  • Don't kill kids - I love kids.
  • If you so choose to donate to me (tithes,etc), I'll be giving that money to one of my more...hedonistic and materialistic comrades.
  • Don't go out spreading Chaos in my name. I'm civil. We're civil. I'm not a god of Anarchy.
  • Love this place, and protect it from all those that wish harm to it.
  • I had to write this down, just so you know, but Equality. Treat men and women the same.
  • You don't have to just believe in me, you could believe in me and one of my comrades, or just makeup your own god. I don't mind Idol Worship.
  • This place isn't a silent place ('cause Debate) but I don't mind Music being played. I love the Flute or the Recorder.
  • No cannibalism or cutting off limbs in Punishment. Your body is... "sacred," for lack-of-a-better-word (or atleast in that regard)
  • Let the punishment fit the crime, meaning, no disembowelment or circumcision or anything major if someone just throws a pie at you.
Brief History: Created by Telsa to not feel left-out, and to also combat her Boredom, she created the Dreamscape/Anarchistic City of Athens. Telsa was the first ruler, but per-se, there was no real ruler or leader. (and there still isn't)
Anything else:

Ironically or paradoxically, Telsa is both 'hands-on' and 'hands-off,' generally not forcing the Athenians to worship her or be her subjects, but also, Telsa was very proud of her creation - even feeling at-home in Athens and thinking of it as her "Home away from Home."

She wishes to expand Athens, and also protect it from all those that wish to do harm to it (i.e the Chaotic forces)

1) Love thy neighbour
2) Help others that are less fortunate
3) an eye for an eye only makes the world blind
4) You are free to love whoever you want to love
5) Equality for all, be it man, women, people of other faiths (you get the idea)
6) Unity in Diversity
7) Always forgive thy neighbour
8 ) Knowledge is the true path towards happiness
9) Cannibalism is prohibited
10) We tolerate those who share different views with us
11) Let the penalty fit the crime (like don’t execute someone cause they steal or that stuff)
12) Do not sacrifice in my name
13) Money and riches will not help you escape damnation, no matter what the priests say
14) Even if you want to give me money as a tribute, use it to help others that are less fortunate
15) Polygamy is prohibited, but divorce is allowed.

Hae's Fifteen Principles of The People shares some similarities w/ Telsa's rules.

Regarding Humanity (essentially an excerpt from one of my posts)

Every other god made unholy abominations and placed them into their domains, whilst Telsa just stuck w/ Humanity. Humanity seemed like an ideal species, with all their traits. Plus, they kinda-sorta were instruments of her will, already. They shown a knack for Creativity, Wisdom, Planning and now Deep Thought. She'd already introduced to them alot, not just regarding Debate, but w/ alot of other things too, such as Fashion and its related things (Style, Swagger, Clout, etc,etc)

There could be cases made and events happening, like if she couldn't reason w/ or destroy this evil, cruel, despotic, wicked force, then maybe she'd have to join him - but it seemed like they lacked Humanity's hope and willpower. Humanity was a cheerful and optimistic species, like she, but Telsa could also see other gods trying to limit interactions between Midgard and the Heavens.

She may have to make her own Realm, and fully distance herself from those meddlers, or just make an entity in her vision - same knack for the color Blue, also wearing a dress, also female, and also a Creative, but maybe might have to stay on Midgard if one of Telsa's comrades said "No" and tried putting a stop to the whole Shebang, the operation, their shenanigans.

Athens wasn't really a 'direct rule,' she was just there to steer them into the right direction. Her own worshippers, followers and supporters or acolytes and supplicants, but also friends that she could show some stuff to, instead of mindlessly dreaming and idling or being essentially a servant for other gods.

Atfirst, she didn't really want or care if they worshipped her, but then she fell into the "Monkey see; Monkey do" mindset and said; "Hell, if everyone is, then imma get me some, too."

She just knows that if she fully abandoned Earth and Athens, things could get chaotic. If she took more of a dictatorial approach, then that'd be unlike her. That wouldn't be her style to just say "Obey me, or die!"

She was like; "Hey, imma influence y'all a bit, but go 'head and do your own thing. I don't mind. I do my own thing, too."

But, she saw (or felt) the other gods make monstrosities. To not feel left-out, she may have to make some too. She was envisioning half-human/half-spider mutants, or centaurs, or cyclops. Satyrs and all that seemed too... Devilish and demonic for her. All of these visions were too animalistic, too primal.

A human walked upright, had two legs and two arms and could easily pick things with their hands and fingers. Humans could think, dream, imagine, envision, plan, plot, scheme and so on. They seemed more like Telsa. Why make angels or avians when you could just make your own wings?

Athens has no real flag, though since Intellectualism is an ideology that's linked to Technocracy and Transhumanism/Humanism, the Anarcho-Transhumanist flag can be used.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Anarcho-Transhumanism.svg/1280px-Anarcho-Transhumanism.svg.png

The Crystalline Republic is somewhat near Athens. (though ~500 miles.)

"I was fine with this place essentially being a Dreamscape or Pure Anarchy, but if y'all gon' worship or practice in my name, then y'all're all subject to my Rules."

Athens is effectively an Anarchist State, since there's no laws, gov't, or rulers/heads-of-state. There's only Telsa's rules for Worship. "Do what you want..." is not a rule, its an anti-rule, or call to Antistatism. In some regards, Athens can also be regarded as Mutualist and Anarcho-Individualist, so their flags could also be used.

https://misterwheatley.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/mutualist_reciprocity_flag.png?w=620%27

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Autarchismflag.png (Anarcho-Individualist flag's not to be confused w/ the Anarcho-Transhumanist flag. They're both blue/black, but one's a lighter blue and the other's a darker blue.)

Athens not only prioritizes the Intellectual or the Dreamer, but also Individualism and Individuality but also Mutualist aspects, aswell. (sharing, taking care of eachother, etc)

Athens is not Anarcho-Pacifist. Telsa, herself isn't a pacifist or pacifistic, and Athens isn't pacifistic. It just doesn't prioritize War, Violence or Raiding (though in some regards is a Raider State/expansionist)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:35 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:Ovsea, I'm going to need that history settled. Also why'd you accept my application? Several parts of the application have yet to be filled out, once again because of the history thing.

I'll take care of explaining the history, I'm actually writing it up right now. As for your app, that was an oversight on my part.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:42 pm

What is this red rain Yaerud has summoned upon the mortal world? What does it do?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:46 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:What is this red rain Yaerud has summoned upon the mortal world? What does it do?

It can summon her custom mortal species, Homo Veterus. She's granted anyone permission to use them.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:02 pm

CIV APP

Name: Huotsipol

Government Type: Confederacy

Huotsipol is run by a council of seven ancient and influential clans. The clan council is staffed by the seven clan chiefs, the patriarchs of their respective clans. The clan council is responsible for deciding upon what one could call legislation, passing motions, et cetera. The clan council decides upon these things via a simple majority vote. The clan council also elects the king of the Huotsipol from the combined ranks of their clan dynasties, but those holding a position in the clan council are excluded from the pool of potential candidates. Kings reign for life, but the clan council can also launch a vote to force the king to abdicate if they are dissatisfied. The king's powers include being the head of the Huotsipol military, setting the agenda for every meeting of the council, and is also allowed to dissolve the clan council in times of crisis, allowing him to act unimpeded.

Religious practice within Huotsipol is to the say the least, very influential. The priesthood is allowed, no, supposed to use their religious authority in a political manner. Should the clergy read a bad omen, laws in the clan council that would've passed can be vetoed, and a king's election be deemed illegitimate. This priestly veto overrides the powers vested in the king and clan council, with the exception of times of crisis, wherein the king is allowed to do as he pleases. The priesthood is the only institution with the right to grant the king these emergency powers, and as it is frequently not keen on losing political power, they are rarely granted except for the most dire of times.

Huotsipol's military is divided along clan lines. Each clan chief possesses their own clan retinue, and on the battlefield, they act as generals subservient to the king. The king himself also possesses a retinue, passed down from one king to the next, irrespective of their clan allegiances. The king is head of the military as stated earlier, and as such is allowed to order the clan chiefs on the battlefield. The clan chiefs are nominally always supposed to carry out such commands, but if a clan chief is disloyal or otherwise wants to disobey orders, he is free to do so. The military is comprised mostly of foot archers and infantry, and dress themselves like so. Bronze plates are woven together to protect the torso, while a bronze helmet caps the skull. Baggy clothing made from animal hides and furs are also standard. There is also the chariot, a most prestigious form of warfare staffed only by the those belonging in the seven great clans. Chariots are a modification of the supply wagons that the Huotsi used in their days as nomadic wanderers, a modification that proved effective on the battlefield, in an age before the advent of horses strong enough to be mounted.

The economy is very much a centrally-planned initiative, much like most real world societies of comparable technological development. The central government is responsible for setting numerous plans into motion, from the construction of new farms, to temple building, to the crops one plants in planting season.

Ruler: Minamos Hechu

Patron God(s):

Not sure yet tbh

Species:

Species of the genus Homo, comprise the majority of Huotsipol's citizens, and the majority of that majority is Homo sapiens. Homo sapiens, however are capable of breeding with their neanderthal and erecturs kin, and so the line between these types of humans becomes somewhat blurred. Other kinds of sapient life are far less likely to be found in Huotsipol.

Culture:

Huotsipol is the nation of the Huotsi, a people fresh out of their hunter-gatherer roots. The Huotsi began as a loose people of nomadic hunter-gatherers, who largely lived in open plains, where they would follow the vast herds of animal, like cattle and goats. They descended from the diaspora unleashed by the first batches of humans, a group which quickly spread from their origins. The Huotsi eventually settled down, founding a nation of their own and establishing their clan-elected kingdom.

Huotsi culture draws heavily from its hunter-gatherer roots. Their fashion tastes still revolve largely around baggy clothing made from animal furs and hides, albeit the advent of dyes, if expensive, has made it easy for upper-class folk to change their colors from the drab browns, beiges and blacks to more vibrant tones. It is a status symbol to wear colorful clothing. I am guessing you can tell which one of these is more wealthy. A popular hairstyle for men is to keep it very short, a practice that evolved out of maintaining a short cut so as to neatly fit into helmets. It became a status symbol for those with military service, and eventually, proper fashion.

Huotsi culture maintains an equality of sorts between the men and women. While clan leadership and warfare are considered a man's job, religious positions are largely staffed by women, for their pregnancy-related fertility connections with nature make them, in the eyes of the Huotsi, naturals at performing scryings, sacrificing to the gods, and reading omens. The rest of the positions in Huotsi society are rather egalitarian between the sexes. both men and women can work fields, herd animals, make clothes, and even collect taxes, administer farms, and manage stores (not the shopping kind, the storage kind).

The family unit in Huotsi culture is arranged into the concept of clans. Clans are very loose when it comes to the qualifications for membership. Generally, blood relatives belong in the same clan, parent and child, sibling and sibling, grandparent and grandchild, et cetera. However, members of the clan can be evicted, their ties to the clan revoked, which can be a serious blow to societal standing. New members can also be admitted. If a child is born between members of two different clans, they'll generally become a member of their fathers'. Clans are headed by their patriarch, generally the most prestigious male member of the clan. The patriarch represents the family in gatherings of patriarchs, as well as during conflict mediation. If a member of clan Ghodaze and a member clan Kirdaze squabble over the ownership of some cattle, their respective patriarchs are responsible for negotiating the settlement between the two. The seven great clans are arguably the most extreme form of this dynamic, consisting of several unrelated lineages due to the ease at which an individual of high status can be admitted into the clans. Clans live in communal dwellings, which range from small familial abodes hosting father, mother and child, to the sprawling complexes of the great clans, whose size can rival that of a religious temple. Marriages tend to be ambilocal, with the newly married couple deciding upon whose clan dwelling they'll be staying in.

As for language, the Huotsi speak a tongue that has little in common with the languages that deities had promoted. Unfortunately, the Huotsi are a very basal culture, having been forged from those who've abandoned those civlization centers the soonest, and as such had little time to absorb the tongues taught by the gods. Gradually, as the Huotsi came into their own, they instead came up with their own words, their own language. And when they settled down and began building their civilization, they started to write. Their system of literature evolved from the recordkeeping pictograms used to keep track of materials, before being modified to communicate ideas, in a manner similar to the Sumerians here on Earth. Also much like early real world civilizations, the Huotsi used clay tablets for this writing. While heavy and cumbersome, they didn't rot or tear like paper, they were't as hard to work with as stone, and when baked, they would harden, and therefore last decades, perhaps even many centuries or even a millenium or two, although the Huotsipol have not been around long enough to wrap their heads around the last two.

There is exists a great divide between the seven great clans and the rest of Huotsipol society. All men regardless of social stratum are allowed to join the ranks, or even conscripted into any of the seven clan retinues+the king's retinue, but there exists a powerful kind of warrior exclusive only to the seven clans. The chariot. A concept evolved from the supply wagons that the Huotsi used in their nomadic days, the chariot is an effective military unit, for it is the fastest kind of soldier in an era before the advent of horses strong enough to be mounted. Only members of the seven great clans are allowed to join this prestigious military class, which keeps revolt at bay. The seven clans are also provided other benefit. Only their men can participate in the higher levels of government, and only their women can hold the highest religious positions. This belief comes from the religious importance of the clans, which are thought to be sacred. However, this sacredness is also transitive, from parent to child, grandparent to grandkid, and even from unrelated persons. Thus, currying favor with a great clan is an excellent way to rise above the ranks, by being admitted into their numbers.

Brief History:

Cannot fill out at moment, need history to be settled.

Anything else:

Same as above.

Edited the application a bit, now all I need is that history!

Also, here's an idea that's gotten into me lately. I've been thinking about designing the things in this roleplay in a sort of realistic way. Like, it's possible that none of the gods are real, and that these really are just myths dreamt up by our concultures. Their societies, their animals, the world, it still works, regardless of whether or not the deities are real. That Gaash really is a flaming ball of hot plasma several million kilometers away, rahter than a hoe-weilding solar deity. I mean, for the purposes of this roleplay, we'll always be going with the 'gods are real' option for very obvious reasons, but I find it something interesting to think about.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:50 pm

I'll add an official timeline to the OOC in about an hour or so :)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:58 pm

Ovesa wrote:I'll add an official timeline to the OOC in about an hour or so :)

Now that I made an 'official OOC form' for Athens, is it gonna get added to the civilizations?
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Ovesa wrote:I'll add an official timeline to the OOC in about an hour or so :)

Now that I made an 'official OOC form' for Athens, is it gonna get added to the civilizations?

Yep! I'll add the updates tonight :)

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

Yep! I'll add the updates tonight :)

Hope that includes the timeline thing!
NS stats are not used.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Added a timeline! It's incredibly bare bones right now, but there's plenty of room for alteration. Does the pacing look alright? What other major events should I add?

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Ovesa wrote:Added a timeline! It's incredibly bare bones right now, but there's plenty of room for alteration. Does the pacing look alright? What other major events should I add?

Seems pretty alright to me. Say, do you think it's time for our first timeskip under this new schema? Huotsipol is probably not going to be established in the state I outlined in my app until 1000 AMR. The timeskip should also allow for interesting concultures to emerge.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Ovesa wrote:Added a timeline! It's incredibly bare bones right now, but there's plenty of room for alteration. Does the pacing look alright? What other major events should I add?

Seems pretty alright to me. Say, do you think it's time for our first timeskip under this new schema? Huotsipol is probably not going to be established in the state I outlined in my app until 1000 AMR. The timeskip should also allow for interesting concultures to emerge.

might-as-well timeskip.

Also, I'm still confused on the Midgard thing. Could Telsa still be in Athens, or she can't 'interfere' anymore?
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:49 pm

What about the unofficial date that was just set?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Will probably do a 300 year timeskip tomorrow, just gonna let other people do their thing beforehand.
Tesla can still interfere with stuff, as long as she isn't directly ruling over her mortals.

To everyone, the general consensus I got for the whole chief deity thing was Adurja, Gaash, and Teiwaz. Does that sound about right?
Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:What about the unofficial date that was just set?

There's a spoiler on main OOC post that says "Timeline".

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Ovesa wrote:Will probably do a 300 year timeskip tomorrow, just gonna let other people do their thing beforehand.
Tesla can still interfere with stuff, as long as she isn't directly ruling over her mortals.

To everyone, the general consensus I got for the whole chief deity thing was Adurja, Gaash, and Teiwaz. Does that sound about right?

Go ahead and put something like "Tribes begin popping up in Sparta" - 310 AMR

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:00 pm

Ovesa wrote:Will probably do a 300 year timeskip tomorrow, just gonna let other people do their thing beforehand.

lol ok. Making a post rn and it's in a weird space (both pre and post-timeskip though I'm still talking about stuff like Athenian Art and etc though 300 yitf (Years In The Future) I'm pretty-sure all of that would be really different.)

All that stuff I said OOC-ly, I'm putting some of it in the IC (meaning Telsa's still dealing w/ the issues of defending Athens and also the control thing)

Plus, I'm going to make a demigoddess. (idea for her creation was essentially picking-up her mom's role of protector/watcher, and some other stuff I'd rather not spoil yet)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:02 pm

btw idk when the Crystalline Republic exists. I'd like to think they pretty-much existed around the same time as Athens, just no one noticed, or... they came after, in the 300-yr timeskip but before they were the Rep, they were still a set of villages. Idk, man. I like the first idea more, tho.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:03 pm

I'd like to actually rp and interact w/ the Crystallians tho. (instead of waiting behind a wall of 300 yrs, so I guess the first option it is)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse