NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:33 pm

Ovesa wrote:Wow, this blew up way, way faster than I expected. Thank you all so much for your interest in this RP! All apps that have been posted so far are accepted. I will update the main post tomorrow :)

Bentus wrote:Aw man I haven't seen one of these in a while. Definitely going to tag but may have to ask if it's alright for me to lean more on the inactive side of things. A post a week (or so) is probably a reasonable target atm. Also, any thoughts on if thered he a timeskip to some developed cultures on the planet? Always found the initial period of these rps pretty slow :3

I'm okay with that posting frequency. We will probably do a timeskip once everyone gets settled into the IC, makes a couple posts, that sort of thing.

So does every god get a planet

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:39 pm

Not quite a planet, per say, but you do get your own pocket dimension. Eventually, I was planning for all the deities to come together and help form one big mortal realm, but it's completely up to you guys. Who knows, we could have a bunch of flat Asgard discs floating through space connected by magic bridges or whatever. The sky's the limit!

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Ovesa wrote:Not quite a planet, per say, but you do get your own pocket dimension. Eventually, I was planning for all the deities to come together and help form one big mortal realm, but it's completely up to you guys. Who knows, we could have a bunch of flat Asgard discs floating through space connected by magic bridges or whatever. The sky's the limit!

I am thinking of a Naruto/Avatar esque world

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:47 pm

SPECIES APP

Name: Deep Ones

Sentient: Yes

Appearance:

The Deep Ones are terryifying creatures, about 7 feet tall but usally hunched to be shorter than half of that. Their skin is a patchwork of slimy scales, chitinous armour, and blubber matted with twisted, bristly hair. Eyes on stalks extrude from all over their body, and their limbs are triple jointed and spindly. Their mouth is a dilating circle, much like a lamprey, and a mucus like substances dribs from bony barnacle like openings all over their body. Spines filled with toxins run in ridges down their bodies.

Physiology/Abilities:

The Deep Ones are amphibious. They have seven limbs that end in spindly fingers that they use as arms, legs, and to swim. On land they can climb and crawl. The toxin from their urchin like spines is not lethal in itself but can cause madness in mammals. They can survive at deep pressure but are unharmed by low pressure, although they can dry out if not in water for more than a few days. They speak their own language of unfathomable clicks and frequencies that may make many mortals nauseous.

Background:

If the Deep Ones seem like a species from another world, that is because in effect they are.

The Deep Ones are a remnant of the world that died with the Old Gods. They, or some part of them, existed in the time before the new gods sprang from the ooze. Maddeningly, they can remember something was Before, but they don't know what. Their collective memory tells them of a forgotten place, a forgotten eternity where their biology and psyche made sense. They are out of place in this world, and the unfathomable depths of the ocean is the only place that is comfortable to them. If such an alien evironment makes sense to them, what was the world like before?

The Deep Ones know that in the eternal, unreachable past, the world made sense, they had a mighty empire and worshipped powerful gods. Imprinted in them is the frustrating desire to remember the nature of their obliterated reality and the faces of their dead gods. In this world, they are alien, and they know it, but can only remember fragments of Before the primordial ooze. Their race builds impossible cyclopean monuments of terrifying shape in an unending quest to rmemeber the shape of their dead gods. This unending process drives them slowly to madness, because even the natural laws of this reality are different. To gaze upon theur cities as a mortal is to court madness.

Anything else:

The Deep Ones are a race that existed in some form when the Old Gods lived, and for some reason, still exist. Their reality was impossible to comprehend, and it drives them mad that they cannot remember the world before. Their twisted cities of alien geometries and dark greasy stone are their vain attempts to rediscover their dead gods.

Because of this, they are inherently hostile to the New Gods and their creations. I was thinking they could be a a catch-all enemy race for any god as they build alien cities beneath dark waves and seek to remember the Old Gods.
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Minskiev wrote:Very interesting. Doesn’t sound too crazy. Welcome?

Thanks buddy! Welcome appreciated B-)

Defund the police

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:54 pm

The Hepthalites wrote:SPECIES APP

Name: Deep Ones

Sentient: Yes

Appearance:

The Deep Ones are terryifying creatures, about 7 feet tall but usally hunched to be shorter than half of that. Their skin is a patchwork of slimy scales, chitinous armour, and blubber matted with twisted, bristly hair. Eyes on stalks extrude from all over their body, and their limbs are triple jointed and spindly. Their mouth is a dilating circle, much like a lamprey, and a mucus like substances dribs from bony barnacle like openings all over their body. Spines filled with toxins run in ridges down their bodies.

Physiology/Abilities:

The Deep Ones are amphibious. They have seven limbs that end in spindly fingers that they use as arms, legs, and to swim. On land they can climb and crawl. The toxin from their urchin like spines is not lethal in itself but can cause madness in mammals. They can survive at deep pressure but are unharmed by low pressure, although they can dry out if not in water for more than a few days. They speak their own language of unfathomable clicks and frequencies that may make many mortals nauseous.

Background:

If the Deep Ones seem like a species from another world, that is because in effect they are.

The Deep Ones are a remnant of the world that died with the Old Gods. They, or some part of them, existed in the time before the new gods sprang from the ooze. Maddeningly, they can remember something was Before, but they don't know what. Their collective memory tells them of a forgotten place, a forgotten eternity where their biology and psyche made sense. They are out of place in this world, and the unfathomable depths of the ocean is the only place that is comfortable to them. If such an alien evironment makes sense to them, what was the world like before?

The Deep Ones know that in the eternal, unreachable past, the world made sense, they had a mighty empire and worshipped powerful gods. Imprinted in them is the frustrating desire to remember the nature of their obliterated reality and the faces of their dead gods. In this world, they are alien, and they know it, but can only remember fragments of Before the primordial ooze. Their race builds impossible cyclopean monuments of terrifying shape in an unending quest to rmemeber the shape of their dead gods. This unending process drives them slowly to madness, because even the natural laws of this reality are different. To gaze upon theur cities as a mortal is to court madness.

Anything else:

The Deep Ones are a race that existed in some form when the Old Gods lived, and for some reason, still exist. Their reality was impossible to comprehend, and it drives them mad that they cannot remember the world before. Their twisted cities of alien geometries and dark greasy stone are their vain attempts to rediscover their dead gods.

Because of this, they are inherently hostile to the New Gods and their creations. I was thinking they could be a a catch-all enemy race for any god as they build alien cities beneath dark waves and seek to remember the Old Gods.

Accepted! What a neat concept. Can't wait to see them in action!

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:02 pm

I just realize that we have no ocean deity (yet). No pressure or anything, but it'll be difficult to have mortals survive without some form of water. Would anyone be interested in creating one? Or would you rather I make them an NPC?

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:06 pm

Yeah, can’t have cruise ships without water. Will liquid gold do? Oh right for drinking...
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:08 pm

Minskiev wrote:Yeah, can’t have cruise ships without water. Will liquid gold do? Oh right for drinking...

We are gods! I am sure we can create edible liquid gold

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:13 pm

Somerania wrote:
Minskiev wrote:Yeah, can’t have cruise ships without water. Will liquid gold do? Oh right for drinking...

We are gods! I am sure we can create edible liquid gold

Looks like our universe is off to a great start :)

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:14 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Somerania wrote:We are gods! I am sure we can create edible liquid gold

Looks like our universe is off to a great start :)

You should now respond to the dozens of applications submitted

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:15 pm

Somerania wrote:
Ovesa wrote:Looks like our universe is off to a great start :)

You should now respond to the dozens of applications submitted

I already said that all applications submitted so far are accepted.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:31 am

GOD APP
Name: Aprohis, God of deception and snakes
Epiphet(s):Aprohis the stabber,
Domain(s):every lie or every act with double intention. control over snakes.
Personality:He is treacherous, although calm and serene most of his time. He is generally very unpleasant with those who do not know him. He likes snakes
Appearance:He is short and looks like a hunchback. he does not have a very exaggerated hump. Although he has a humanoid shape, he has scaly skin and snake eyes. he dresses like a medieval king his outfit is gray.
Equipment: walking stick with poisoned hidden sword
Anything else:Aprohis does not like someone to ask him for favors. his clergy is very diffuse and diverse, the important thing for him is that they adore him
Last edited by Big Carencia on Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:35 am

Ovesa wrote:I just realize that we have no ocean deity (yet). No pressure or anything, but it'll be difficult to have mortals survive without some form of water. Would anyone be interested in creating one? Or would you rather I make them an NPC?

I could throw up an Ocean deity, though if anyone else comes along and wants the domain don't let me stop you :) One thing I'm curious about - any chance we could have multiple 'generations' of deities? Not sure how we'd make it work, but might be tempted to go for a newer deity that came a bit after the Big OG Crew :3
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:56 am

GOD APP
Name:Hitomi, Goddess of Storms,Volcanos,Earthquakes,weather
Epiphet(s):Hitomi the Beautiful
Domain(s):Storms,Volcanos,Earthquakes,Weather
Personality:Cheerful,Easy to get along with but when in battle, she is cold and calculated.
Appearance:Character Appearance
Equipment:A katana that has been imbued with her domains allowing her to eliminate her opponents more easily.
Anything else:Hitomi is known to be very annoying to others.
Last edited by American Pere Housh on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:41 am

Ringa-ding-ding-ding?
BASED DEPARTMENT

Anyway thanmk for this thing I will app soonish
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:19 am

GOD APP
Name: Hae
Epiphet(s): Creator of the seas, Proginetor of the first winds
Domain(s):God of the Ocean, Waves, Currents, Fishses, Winds
Personality: Hae is secretive mostly keeps most of his personality to himself. Hae is also creative and innovative, often making new creatures and preferring to play with his creations rather than socializing with the other gods.
Appearance: Hae has a plae complexion, and a tall figure. Hae’s face is mostly obstructed by his war fans which he constantly uses to hide his cheeks and mouth, some say it is to hide his hideous reptilian-like face, remnants of his true form he cannot hide. Hae’s lower body is that of a fish’s with a tail to move around the void.
Equipment: War fans to control the winds, and waves, and hydrokinesis (cause i’m into that)
Anything else:

I heard y’all want an ocean god
Last edited by The Pearl River on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:26 am

The Pearl River wrote:GOD APP
Personality: Hae is secretive mostly keeps most of his personality to himself. Hae is also creative and innovative, often making new creatures and preferring to play with his creations rather than socializing with the other gods.
Appearance: Hae has a plae complexion, and a tall figure. Hae’s face is mostly obstructed by his war fans which he constantly uses to hide his nose and face, some say it is to hide his hideous reptilian-like face, remnants of his true form he cannot hide
Equipment: War fans to control the winds, and waves, and hydrokinesis (cause i’m into that)
Anything else:

Bruh the oceans are my domain.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:00 am

Denleted
Last edited by The Pearl River on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 am

American Pere Housh wrote:
Appearance: Hae has a plae complexion, and a tall figure. Hae’s face is mostly obstructed by his war fans which he constantly uses to hide his nose and face, some say it is to hide his hideous reptilian-like face, remnants of his true form he cannot hide
Anything else:

Bruh I created the element of water from nothing but Chakra energy

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:28 am

Bruh I control all of y’all’s paychecks now shush
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:30 am

Minskiev wrote:Bruh I control all of y’all’s paychecks now shush

Bruh I can create wood from Chakra and turn that into paper then money

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:00 am

American Pere Housh wrote:
Anything else:

You could both represent different parts of the ocean! Oceans are big lmao

Defund the police

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:02 am

Big Carencia wrote:GOD APP
Name: Aprohis, God of deception and snakes
Epiphet(s):Aprohis the stabber,
Domain(s):every lie or every act with double intention. control over snakes.
Personality:He is treacherous, although calm and serene most of his time. He is generally very unpleasant with those who do not know him. He likes snakes
Appearance:He is short and looks like a hunchback. he does not have a very exaggerated hump. Although he has a humanoid shape, he has scaly skin and snake eyes. he dresses like a medieval king his outfit is gray.
Equipment: walking stick with poisoned hidden sword
Anything else:Aprohis does not like someone to ask him for favors. his clergy is very diffuse and diverse, the important thing for him is that they adore him

Accepted!
American Pere Housh wrote:GOD APP
Name:Hitomi, Goddess of Storms,Volcanos,Earthquakes,weather,oceans,rivers, and Lakes
Epiphet(s):Hitomi the Beautiful
Domain(s):Storms,Volcanos,Earthquakes,Weather,Oceans,Rivers and Lakes
Personality:Cheerful,Easy to get along with but when in battle, she is cold and calculated.
Appearance:Character Appearance
Equipment:A katana that has been imbued with her domains allowing her to eliminate her opponents more easily.
Anything else:Hitomi is known to be very annoying to others.

That's a lot or domains...how about just sticking with volcanoes and earthquakes?
Bentus wrote:
Ovesa wrote:I just realize that we have no ocean deity (yet). No pressure or anything, but it'll be difficult to have mortals survive without some form of water. Would anyone be interested in creating one? Or would you rather I make them an NPC?

I could throw up an Ocean deity, though if anyone else comes along and wants the domain don't let me stop you :) One thing I'm curious about - any chance we could have multiple 'generations' of deities? Not sure how we'd make it work, but might be tempted to go for a newer deity that came a bit after the Big OG Crew :3

Multiple generations of deities would be interesting to see. That would be neat :)

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:08 am

thanks for replying. I have prepared 2 species, check them out and then tell me how they are.

SPECIES APPLICATION
Name: Serpientes (if you really understood it, it is true that Serpiente is a snake in Spanish, being in another language, I think very few people will realize what it means)
Sensitive (Y or N): No
Appearance: Humanid-shaped beings with snake heads, 1.60m in size overall. They mostly wear warrior robes, their skin is green.
Physiology / Skills: Thermal vision, They have many reflexes. They are somewhat clumsy when it comes to running. They are able to support up to 1 whole week without feeding being in perfect condition (from the week, they weaken and at the same time die) They are a servile and loyal breed.
Background: (why do they exist?): Serve and protect your master and lord Aprohis
Anything else: This breed is not very numerous, because it is a deviation from the main branch.

SPECIES APPLICATION
Name: Adanguis (this doesn't mean anything in spanish)
Sensitive (Y or N): yes
Appearance: They are snake-headed humanoids, their skin is red. They dress in many different ways.usually measure 1.60 m
Background: (why do they exist?): They are the initial branch created by Aprohis. From this he created his most servile race, although he is still very far from being able to replace his 1 creation.
Anything else: They are a very numerous race, most of them follow Aprohis as their god. Aprohis may try to impose his will on them, but they may reject him.

(
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse