NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:39 pm

Understood, I'll make sure to edit my post. Don't the current gods have a limited knowledge of the previous world?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:Understood, I'll make sure to edit my post. Don't the current gods have a limited knowledge of the previous world?

That is true, but a solid portion of them know that the last universe got torn apart in some sort of conflict.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:45 pm

I see. Finished editing my app. Only removed the other information section.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:51 pm

The app looks great. However, I have one last question. In the equipment section, it says he can use any weapon that has yet to have been developed. Could we change it so that you can start out with, I don't know, some powerful enchanted weapon, and as time goes on, you can use other weapons that mortals create?

Also, asking this to everyone; should we discuss the terms of the pact before putting it in the IC? I want everyone to have a say in this pact, as well as the creation of a mortal realm.
Last edited by Ovesa on Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:21 pm

SPECIES APP
Name: Homo Erectus
Sentient: Y
Appearance: Humanoid, same figure as me roughly.
Physiology/Abilities: Opposable thumbs, high intelligence, sweating
Background: (why do they exist?) To work, and pray.
Anything else: Ehh.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:26 pm

Homo erectus is accepted! The second species in our not quite human list. I'm beginning to sense a pattern here...

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi, I would like to play as a species that is essentially a degraded biological weapon being guided by a god made of their own minds.

SPECIES APP
Name: Amko
Deity: Amkus.
Sentient (Y or N): Y
Appearance: The tallest of the Amko stand about four feet tall. The strongest are weaker than even most human children, and the Amko are vulnerable to disease and do not live for long. Their skin color ranges from a pinkish color to dark red, and they look mostly like small humans of indeterminate gender. However there are a great many Amko in their well organized and advanced society.
Physiology/Abilities: Advanced technology, 'god' formed through society.
Background: The Amko were created originally as a biological weapon by old gods who are long gone. The war was devastating to them, and few survived. Those that did survived in pocket dimensions with limited resources and even more limited space. Over the millennia upon millennia of waiting for the universe outside their pocket of space to calm enough for resettlement the species already unstable genetic code has degraded to a significant degree and a 'god' has formed from the collective minds of the species.
Anything else: The Amko will have large numbers to start with because their god, Amkus, is only as strong as the Amko are. Amkus however has no direct influence on the universe and is basically a manifestation of the Amko's thoughts and emotions. This is why what ultimately is a mob of discount demons end up being something to take seriously.

GOD APP
Name: Amkus
Epiphet(s): Empire
Domain(s): Social Organization, The Amko
Personality: Amkus generally reflects the Amko people's society and culture. Amkus is not fully formed and currently manifests as the collective will of a species. A weapon used by an Amko might not be able to harm a god alone, but the power of the will and consciousness behind it can make it affect a god.
Appearance: Amkus appears as an amorphous cloud of ideas and emotions to other gods and takes no physical form. Interactions with other gods will affect its growth and development though.
Equipment: The entire Amko species.
Anything else: It will not be possible to directly communicate with Amkus, but other gods can look at the ideas and emotions of the Amko species and essentially read the species minds by perceiving Amkus. A single Amko also acts as a connection to Amkus.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:36 pm

The Amko and Amkus...I will have to consider this more carefully before I make a final decision.

Before we continue in the IC, do we want to act out the formation of the Pact and the creation of the new mortal realm in the IC? Or would we rather timeskip ahead to where we can actually start creating things and interacting with fledgling civilizations?

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Revised my app for, hopefully, the last time.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Ovesa wrote:The Amko and Amkus...I will have to consider this more carefully before I make a final decision.

Before we continue in the IC, do we want to act out the formation of the Pact and the creation of the new mortal realm in the IC? Or would we rather timeskip ahead to where we can actually start creating things and interacting with fledgling civilizations?

It looked like you were behaving like 'gods' were an emergent property of the universe. You mentioned in the OP that basically everything in the universe had been annihilated before this and that the previous gods had all been killed. If gods are just manifesting themselves spontaneously you could assume that the 'mortal realm' exists already but is disorganized and chaotic.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:Revised my app for, hopefully, the last time.

Accepted. Thank you for patience.
Orostan wrote:
Ovesa wrote:The Amko and Amkus...I will have to consider this more carefully before I make a final decision.

It looked like you were behaving like 'gods' were an emergent property of the universe. You mentioned in the OP that basically everything in the universe had been annihilated before this and that the previous gods had all been killed. If gods are just manifesting themselves spontaneously you could assume that the 'mortal realm' exists already but is disorganized and chaotic.

There's no mortal realm or any real lifeforms yet. The building blocks are there, but it's all mixed up in a primordial soup with aspects of the universe (gods) spontaneously manifesting left and right. The gods are planning on collaborating to create a shared mortal realm, but we haven't gotten there yet.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:47 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:Revised my app for, hopefully, the last time.

Accepted. Thank you for patience.
Orostan wrote:It looked like you were behaving like 'gods' were an emergent property of the universe. You mentioned in the OP that basically everything in the universe had been annihilated before this and that the previous gods had all been killed. If gods are just manifesting themselves spontaneously you could assume that the 'mortal realm' exists already but is disorganized and chaotic.

There's no mortal realm or any real lifeforms yet. The building blocks are there, but it's all mixed up in a primordial soup with aspects of the universe (gods) spontaneously manifesting left and right. The gods are planning on collaborating to create a shared mortal realm, but we haven't gotten there yet.

Ah, I see. Do you mean that the physical universe just doesn't exist yet or that the universe right now is sort of like the universe that existed billions of years ago before any stars had formed?

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Think of it as the existing universe before anything big or substantial formed, except with weird ambient lighting. Nothing but rocks and dust and some gas clouds.
Last edited by Ovesa on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:53 pm

Ovesa wrote:Think of it as the existing universe before anything big or substantial formed, except with weird ambient lighting. Nothing but rocks and dust and some gas clouds.

Rocks and dust are usually made of stuff that can only form in stars. If no stars exist almost all of the physical universe would be hydrogen gas.

Maybe the emergence of gods could be correlated with the first star igniting?
Last edited by Orostan on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Sure, that would be neat. Thanks for your patience, I'm balancing two active NS threads and a Discord.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Ovesa wrote:Sure, that would be neat. Thanks for your patience, I'm balancing two active NS threads and a Discord.

That's alright. I've entered the discord, by the way.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:00 pm

As much as I want to move forward past the pact and all, I don't want to have anyone miss out on something they were looking forward to I know that not everyone has made a post in the IC yet, and I don't want to leave anyone behind. I already talked with one of the players (Magnolixie), they said they're ok with moving ahead. I want everyone to have a say in what happens. Is it ok to move forward and begin some of the 'real' RP?
Last edited by Ovesa on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:47 pm

Hey, I'm guessing I can still make an application? if so, then I'd first like to ask about the exact idea of a god in this roleplay. First of all, what kind of god is allowed? Would a 'Christian God'-type figure, with domain over basically everything be allowed? Probably not, since that suggests omnipotence, and you said that wasn't allowed. I'm also assuming that you disallow dieties which aren't distinct from the world, animist dieties that is which don't just make stuff in the world, but are stuff in the world. What about 'foundation gods,' like the Atlas of Greek mythology, who carries the heavens. Would a world turtle count as a god? What about a world elephant? Or even a world bald person?

Thanks in advance, I think your RP looks nice and I'm considering joining it.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:52 pm

Danubian Peoples, I am so glad you are interested in this RP! I don't have any issue with the animistic gods, although your RP experience might be limited compared to others depending on your specific concept in question.

A "foundation god" like Atlas or the World Turtle could be interesting, especially since we're close to creating the mortal realm. Although you might be limited in what actions you can and can't do (due to, you know, constantly holding up the world), it could be fun with enough willpower or creativity.

Thank you for your question!

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Musashi are you going to meet the other gods and goddesses?
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:17 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Musashi are you going to meet the other gods and goddesses?

I just came there in lightning speed

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:17 pm

Ovesa, good to know! It appears that the foundation god concept I outlined seems to be a bit out of my grasp. I'm not sure how to roleplay a giant turtle/defeated titan/really big elephant holding up the world. I mean, perhaps this foundation god is responsible for natural processes? Perhaps volcanoes are just zits on the god's skin? And maybe you shouldn't bring him onions, because then he'll flood the world? That sounds a bit fun, but I can't really seem how I could do that. It is probably in the realm of a more experienced roleplayer. Also, care to provide links to the corresponding applications in the OP? The OOC is going to grow bigger, and it would be pain to navigate page after page to check out an application. Thanks!

As for the god I'm thinking of, I was hoping to borrow a deity I came up with for another roleplay, Gaash, the sole god of the Gaashli religion. Since these gods have to exist as independent persons, and not just fiction dreamt up by sapient beings, I'm not sure how to translate a god that is LITERALLY EVERYTHING in a rule-abiding manner to this roleplay. Like, Gaash doesn't just hold sway over all things in the world, he is all things in the world, in the very animist sense. Gaash is the mountains, the fields, the men and women, the animals, the rivers, the lakes, et cetera. I'm considering dropping everything but the name, to be honest.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 pm

It didn't even appear?!!! What did I press

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:22 pm

I don’t think the god of everything is exactly an acceptable god, as that just ruins it for us. Also, if you were Christian, why are there other gods besides God?

If you were a defeated Older God, and had few powers besides holding the dimension together, then that might be good. However, it’d be tricky.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:27 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:Ovesa, good to know! It appears that the foundation god concept I outlined seems to be a bit out of my grasp. I'm not sure how to roleplay a giant turtle/defeated titan/really big elephant holding up the world. I mean, perhaps this foundation god is responsible for natural processes? Perhaps volcanoes are just zits on the god's skin? And maybe you shouldn't bring him onions, because then he'll flood the world? That sounds a bit fun, but I can't really seem how I could do that. It is probably in the realm of a more experienced roleplayer. Also, care to provide links to the corresponding applications in the OP? The OOC is going to grow bigger, and it would be pain to navigate page after page to check out an application. Thanks!

As for the god I'm thinking of, I was hoping to borrow a deity I came up with for another roleplay, Gaash, the sole god of the Gaashli religion. Since these gods have to exist as independent persons, and not just fiction dreamt up by sapient beings, I'm not sure how to translate a god that is LITERALLY EVERYTHING in a rule-abiding manner to this roleplay. Like, Gaash doesn't just hold sway over all things in the world, he is all things in the world, in the very animist sense. Gaash is the mountains, the fields, the men and women, the animals, the rivers, the lakes, et cetera. I'm considering dropping everything but the name, to be honest.

You could have a god that uses its own mental energy to use matter like its own body. That way a god could be a planet.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse