NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:37 pm

By the way, I am not able to use the Discord currently, however I bet in maybe 10 days or so I will be able to. I shall however still be active.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Minskiev wrote:By the way, I am not able to use the Discord currently, however I bet in maybe 10 days or so I will be able to. I shall however still be active.

Thanks for the heads up!

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:50 pm

Not to be a buzzkill, but it could be worth to work on join posts in the Discord if things are turning into one-line pieces of conversation. Otherwise the posts just end up being super short.

Edit: Just saw the bit about being unable to use Discord. Google docs or Telegrams can be alternatives fwiw
Last edited by Bentus on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:54 pm

Let's try and avoid one liners. If you want to collaborate with others, that's fine.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Ovesa wrote:Let's try and avoid one liners. If you want to collaborate with others, that's fine.

Can one liners in conversations be fine?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Somerania wrote:
Ovesa wrote:Let's try and avoid one liners. If you want to collaborate with others, that's fine.

I know it can be difficult, but try and get creative. Descriptions of behaviors, thoughts, and actions can help make a post more interesting.

FYI, I updated the rule list. I recommend checking it out.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Somerania wrote:

I know it can be difficult, but try and get creative. Descriptions of behaviors, thoughts, and actions can help make a post more interesting.

FYI, I updated the rule list. I recommend checking it out.

I will try doing by using minskiev's format then

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:15 pm

Sorry for the anachronism in my latest post, apparently I am illiterate. Rest assured, I will not make a mistake like that in the future.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:18 pm

Anyway, I think I have settled on an application. I decided to take the route of 'drop everything but the name.' Here it goes!

GOD APP

Name: Gaash

Epiphet(s): The Sunman, The Gardener

Domain(s): Sun, Fertility, Plants

Gaash is a god of the sun, or rather, his hoe is the sun, and Gaash just happens to own it. Every day, Gaash takes a stroll through the sky, his great golden hoe casting a light than shines all the way towards the world below. This light is an essential part of existence (duh), and many who worship Gaash do so in reverence of his daily duty. Gaash is also the god of plants, another important piece of the world, and it is his sunlight that nourishes crops, trees, flowers, etc. Every night, which is when Gaash's hoe ceases glowing, he uses it to tend to his fields of stars, which dot the skies above, a divine mirroring of the earthly farmers down below. Gaash is also worshipped for good harvests as a result.

Personality:

Gaash doesn't have much free time, a result of his duty in the heavens. When he is not moving the sun through the sky or tending to the stars, Gaash is a rather amicable deity, willing to converse with others of his kind. He doesn't have many hobbies outside his line of work, and he'd very much like to invite others to join him in the skies for some time. When it comes to relations with his followers, Gaash is usually a rather prompt god, providing blessings of good harvests before moving elsewhere to continue his duty. Occasionally he will take the time to appear before particularly devoted or good persons in his eyes, as a means to get to know them, and perhaps bless them with more than just a bountiful harvest.

Appearance:

Something like this

Equipment:

Gaash's 'Solar Hoe' is a very important item in his possession. Using it, he illuminates the world around him. It is also the only tool capable of cultivating the stars, a most divine plant in actuality. more mischevious gods might benefit from stealing it..

Anything else:

This is nothing like the originial Gaash. Like I said, I took the route of scrubbing everything but the name. The name sounded nice, so I kept it.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 pm

Gaash is accepted! I'll update the post tomorrow

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:30 pm

With that hoe plowing all day, it must be pretty worn down. Of course, you can use both sides.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:33 pm

If the hoe had sentience it will be mad at it's owner for not taking care of it

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:46 pm

About the hoe, it's the sun. you expect the literal sun to be worn down? It's a magic hoe. I'm guessing we should throw in indestructability to the list of things it can do.
NS stats are not used.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:53 pm

GOD APP
Name: Yaerud
Epiphet(s): (will be made up as I go)
Domain(s): Ambition, Fortune and Misfortune, Probability
Personality: A mischevious being, oft encountered in the mortal realm intervening in many things as to see what occurs right after. Considering the conflicts occurring between mortals as her humour, she ie equally despised and beloved by many for either bringing misfortune upon them or their enemies.
Appearance: A female deity capable of shifting into other forms. She mostly appears as a blonde woman sitting upon a floating throne of ironwood, with other appearances including but not limited to: a jester, a centaur with a scale, a burning eye, and more.
Equipment: An ironwood throne, and a 20 sided dice that she can manipulate (such as size and mass)
Anything else: Somewhat the antihesis of Abraxes.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Yaerud is accepted! Welcome aboard :)

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 pm

Ovesa wrote:Before we continue in the IC, do we want to act out the formation of the Pact and the creation of the new mortal realm in the IC? Or would we rather timeskip ahead to where we can actually start creating things and interacting with fledgling civilizations?

I would appreciate your input on this. I care about your opinions, since y'all are what keep the story alive.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:24 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Ovesa wrote:Before we continue in the IC, do we want to act out the formation of the Pact and the creation of the new mortal realm in the IC? Or would we rather timeskip ahead to where we can actually start creating things and interacting with fledgling civilizations?

I would appreciate your input on this. I care about your opinions, since y'all are what keep the story alive.

I'd prefer detailing the construction of the mortal world, ending with some sort of Great Deluge.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:33 pm

Ovesa wrote:

I'm not really leaning towards either camp. I'm happy both ways.
NS stats are not used.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:35 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Ovesa wrote:I would appreciate your input on this. I care about your opinions, since y'all are what keep the story alive.

I'm not really leaning towards either camp. I'm happy both ways.

So do you want a domain?

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:30 am

Was thinking of being the Goddess of Dreams (though I guess the other dude can share. She's not really "Dreams" as in sleep/nighttime but "Dreams" as in daydreams, stories, imagination, cloud nine-ignorance, idealism, pondering, Debate (if someone claims 'debate' in the future, I don't mind sharing either) and being fanciful/fancying things. (not really Greed but just wild/'unrealistic' ideas and desires, essentially)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:34 am

Hypercapital wrote:Was thinking of being the Goddess of Dreams (though I guess the other dude can share. She's not really "Dreams" as in sleep/nighttime but "Dreams" as in daydreams, stories, imagination, cloud nine-ignorance, idealism, pondering, Debate (if someone claims 'debate' in the future, I don't mind sharing either) and being fanciful/fancying things. (not really Greed but just wild/'unrealistic' ideas and desires, essentially)

Goddess of architecture or moon goddess?
Last edited by Somerania on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:37 am

Somerania wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:Was thinking of being the Goddess of Dreams (though I guess the other dude can share. She's not really "Dreams" as in sleep/nighttime but "Dreams" as in daydreams, stories, imagination, cloud nine-ignorance, idealism, pondering, Debate (if someone claims 'debate' in the future, I don't mind sharing either) and being fanciful/fancying things. (not really Greed but just wild/'unrealistic' ideas and desires, essentially)

Goddess of architecture or moon goddess?

Architecture (technically, like storyboarding/blueprints, I guess you could say)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:46 am

Hypercapital wrote:
Somerania wrote:Goddess of architecture or moon goddess?

Architecture (technically, like storyboarding/blueprints, I guess you could say)

I wanted a god/goddess of architecture since I need a house in my domain

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:00 am

Somerania wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

I wanted a god/goddess of architecture since I need a house in my domain

It'll do. :)
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:01 am

GOD APP
Name: Telsa
Epiphet(s): The Wonderous, Imaginative, Storyteller, Debatess, The Idle (and all variations: "The Idle Girl," "The Idle One," and so on), Cloud of Brainstorms, Creative, Hope-inspiring, Dreamer, Mind-boggling/boggle
Domain(s): Architecture/Debate (idealism/cloud-9/imagination/stories/pondering)
Personality: Regarded as fanciful, always in/at-thought, one to always have an idea/plan, a designer, cheery/easily amazed, also somewhat easily bored/tired, Hopeful
Appearance:

Equipment: Sparkling-blue ring on her right hand, a blue dagger
Anything else: Blue is her signature color (though it always appears a light or lightish blue), Because of her nature, she's regarded as mute/semi-mute or selective mute. She's regarded as the one behind happy thoughts or brand-new ideas/Innovation, facial gestures: neutral expression/surprised or joyous/slight-smirk.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse