NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:00 pm

I am planning to get an offspring an make him an emperor kinda like Jimmu of Japan

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Hypercapital wrote:I'm still kinda mad/annoyed at the idea of "okay, let's stop intervening in Earth," like I said earlier, my char isn't one to do that - she's more "hands on" if you could say, with Athens.

Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone's enjoying building things on Earth.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Tesla is also a bit of an outlier in that regard since her character means that her "hands on" involvement is still pretty indirect, as she allows the mortals to mostly govern themselves. The concern I've got is that direct rule by gods makes things rather static, and turns the rp into something of a faction-based story where each civilization has access to enormous power from the deity, rather than an interaction between deities and mortals who's favour they try to curry. I do agree that while we're still in the creation phase of things, a more hands-on approach makes sense, but I do think a bit of a reduction down the line makes sense to allow for the mortals to get a bit more independence and initiative, rather than having everyone just get access to perfect societies and infinite resources. Perhaps a kind of compromise is that Tesla creates something of a priesthood/school of worshipers that she manages more directly (perhaps directly interacting with its leaders?). This priesthood/school would preach her lessons of debate, creativity and scholarly investigation, effectively allowing her to interact with the world more effectively than she ever could on her own as they spread her teachings? Or something like that, maybe. That way Tesla maintains a hands-on approach, while not directly leading an Empire/Civilization/etc?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:06 pm

I would actually agree with Gaash here, even though the IC doesn't really imply that such an amount of time has passed.

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Ovesa wrote:Hypercapital, you can still create plenty of stuff and be involved on the Mortal Realm. Even if we eventually decide to have a more hands-off approach with angels and the like, that probably won't be mandatory.
Minskiev, We're gonna have an election IC but we're working out the details democratically beforehand.
Abbadon is accepted.
Hepth, I totally agree. Maybe for now we can go by a "years since creation" calendar of sorts. Any suggestions on where we should be RN?

At least two Earth millenia (assuming once again that one Gaash day is equal to one Earth day) since the world's creation perhaps? That should be enough time for sapients to start going places and develop unique cultures and form primitive polities. I'd date the divine creation of these first civilizations to be at around 500-700? Voia would've had its civil war a century or two since its foundation, at about 700-1000? Although, if we do want to have mutliple cultures in this manner, it would help to have a map. Of course, all of this assumes that some heavy intervention won't be genesis of nations. Ie. we're not going to Babel the mortals.

Having an IC debate about Babeling the mort bois could actually be pretty interesting, even if we don't end up doing it
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:21 pm

Bentus wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:I'm still kinda mad/annoyed at the idea of "okay, let's stop intervening in Earth," like I said earlier, my char isn't one to do that - she's more "hands on" if you could say, with Athens.

Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone's enjoying building things on Earth.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Tesla is also a bit of an outlier in that regard since her character means that her "hands on" involvement is still pretty indirect, as she allows the mortals to mostly govern themselves. The concern I've got is that direct rule by gods makes things rather static, and turns the rp into something of a faction-based story where each civilization has access to enormous power from the deity, rather than an interaction between deities and mortals who's favour they try to curry. I do agree that while we're still in the creation phase of things, a more hands-on approach makes sense, but I do think a bit of a reduction down the line makes sense to allow for the mortals to get a bit more independence and initiative, rather than having everyone just get access to perfect societies and infinite resources. Perhaps a kind of compromise is that Tesla creates something of a priesthood/school of worshipers that she manages more directly (perhaps directly interacting with its leaders?). This priesthood/school would preach her lessons of debate, creativity and scholarly investigation, effectively allowing her to interact with the world more effectively than she ever could on her own as they spread her teachings? Or something like that, maybe. That way Tesla maintains a hands-on approach, while not directly leading an Empire/Civilization/etc?

If this debate/convo continues, I may just do a Jesus and create someone in Telsa's image. I could see that happening (a demigod/Christ-type thing) or Telsa would probably be one of the more openly rebellious deities. She's not a figure of Chaos, but if Algol made a good case/argument/point, I could see her joining his side.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:26 pm

The concern I've got is that direct rule by gods makes things rather static, and turns the rp into something of a faction-based story where each civilization has access to enormous power from the deity, rather than an interaction between deities and mortals who's favour they try to curry.

That does make sense. I just imagine Telsa being more of a police officer/defender and doing everything possible to make sure things don't get Chaotic in Athens.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Telsa doesn't force people to worship her (like I said), I think she's beginning to feel more at-home on Earth than in the other realm/the Heavens/what-have-you, as well as not doing that much contact w/ other gods (unless other gods want a stake in Athens, like all those tithes going to Telsa would then go to Voion or whatever.) and just exploring and creating.

I'm happy you understand where I'm coming from. I just don't want her to play second-fiddle to other gods.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:50 pm

Awesome writing today, y'all! I'm probably going to get some rest soon, but I'll be up for a few more minutes. In the meantime, where do you guys want the RP to go from here? How do we want to establish a timeframe in the IC? Are there any other issues I should address as long as I'm awake? Thank you guys again, none of this could even be possible without your support.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:59 pm

Ovesa wrote:Awesome writing today, y'all! I'm probably going to get some rest soon, but I'll be up for a few more minutes. In the meantime, where do you guys want the RP to go from here? How do we want to establish a timeframe in the IC? Are there any other issues I should address as long as I'm awake? Thank you guys again, none of this could even be possible without your support.

No problem, glad we could help
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:46 am

I for one, would like to help the mortals in making Babel.
And yeah I’m also hands-on in due to my domains.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 am

Ovesa wrote:Pearl River, your species is accepted.
Minskiev, Homo Sapiens have already been accepted, no worries. Your Empire is also accepted.
Big Carencia, I'll have to think about your semi divine question some more before I make a final answer.
French Australia...I think you severely misunderstood what the world of this RP is like.
The Hepthalites wrote:-snip-

That could lead to some interesting plots down the line. I don't know what others think of it, but I'd be happy to introduce that later down the line.

First of all my vote is for Adurja, Voion and Gaash.
The second is. if someone answers the question.
Can I create a semi-divine being to indirectly govern my mortal creations?
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:13 am

Ovesa wrote:Awesome writing today, y'all! I'm probably going to get some rest soon, but I'll be up for a few more minutes. In the meantime, where do you guys want the RP to go from here? How do we want to establish a timeframe in the IC? Are there any other issues I should address as long as I'm awake? Thank you guys again, none of this could even be possible without your support.

I already made a suggestion for the timeframe thing. And by the way, here's a draft of the civilization I was planning to create.

CIV APP

Name: Huotsipol

Government Type: Bronze-Age Style Monarchy

Huotsipol is run by a council of seven ancient and influential clans. The clan council is staffed by the seven clan chiefs, the patriarchs of their respective clans. The clan council is responsible for deciding upon what one could call legislation, passing motions, et cetera. The clan council decides upon these things via a simple majority vote. The clan council also elects the king of the Huotsipol from the combined ranks of their clan dynasties, but those holding a position in the clan council are excluded from the pool of potential candidates. Kings reign for life, but the clan council can also launch a vote to force the king to abdicate if they are dissatisfied. The king's powers include being the head of the Huotsipol military, setting the agenda for every meeting of the council, and is also allowed to dissolve the clan council in times of crisis, allowing him to act unimpeded.

Religious practice within Huotsipol is to the say the least, very influential The priesthood is allowed, no, supposed to use their religious authority in a political manner. Should the clergy read a bad omen, laws in the clan council that would've passed can be vetoed, and a king's election be deemed illegitimate. This priestly veto overrides the powers vested in the king and clan council, with the exception of times of crisis, wherein the king is allowed to do as he pleases. The priesthood is the only institution with the right to grant the king these emergency powers, and as it is frequently not keen on losing political power, they are rarely granted except for the most dire of times.

Huotsipol's military is divided along clan lines. Each clan chief possesses their own clan retinue, and on the battlefield, they act as generals subservient to the king. The king himself also possesses a retinue, passed down from one king to the next, irrespective of their clan allegiances. The king is head of the military as stated earlier, and as such is allowed to order the clan chiefs on the battlefield. The clan chiefs are nominally always supposed to carry out such commands, but if a clan chief is disloyal or otherwise wants to disobey orders, he is free to do so. The military is comprised mostly of foot archers and infantry, and dress themselves like so. Bronze plates are woven together to protect the torso, while a bronze helmet caps the skull. Baggy clothing made from animal hides and furs are also standard.

Ruler: Minamos Hechu

Patron God(s):

Not sure yet tbh

Species:

Species of the genus Homo, comprise the majority of Huotsipol's citizens, and the majority of that majority is Homo sapiens. Homo sapiens, however are capable of breeding with their neanderthal and erecturs kin, and so the line between these types of humans becomes somewhat blurred. Other kinds of sapient life are far less likely to be found in Huotsipol.

Culture:

Huotsipol is the nation of the Huotsi, a people fresh out of their hunter-gatherer roots. The Huotsi began as a loose people of nomadic hunter-gatherers, who largely lived in open plains, where they would follow the vast herds of animal, like cattle and goats. They descended from the diaspora unleashed by the first batches of humans, a group which quickly spread from their origins. The Huotsi eventually settled down, founding a nation of their own and establishing their clan-elected kingdom.

Huotsi culture draws heavily from its hunter-gatherer roots. Their fashion tastes still revolve largely around baggy clothing made from animal furs and hides, albeit the advent of dyes, if expensive, has made it easy for upper-class folk to change their colors from the drab browns, beiges and blacks to more vibrant tones. It is a status symbol to wear colorful clothing. I am guessing you can tell which one of these is more wealthy. A popular hairstyle for men is to keep it very short, a practice that evolved out of maintaining a short cut so as to neatly fit into helmets. It became a status symbol for those with military service, and eventually, proper fashion.

Huotsi culture maintains an equality of sorts between the men and women. While clan leadership and warfare are considered a man's job, religious positions are largely staffed by women, for their pregnancy-related fertility connections with nature make them, in the eyes of the Huotsi, naturals at performing scryings, sacrificing to the gods, and reading omens. The rest of the positions in Huotsi society are rather egalitarian. both men and women can work fields, herd animals, make clothes, and even collect taxes, administer farms, and manage stores (not the shopping kind, the storage kind).

The family unit in Huotsi culture is arranged into the concept of clans. Clans are very loose when it comes to the qualifications for membership. Generally, blood relatives belong in the same clan, parent and child, sibling and sibling, grandparent and grandchild, et cetera. However, members of the clan can be evicted, their ties to the clan revoked, which can be a serious blow to societal standing. New members can also be admitted. If a child is born between members of two different clans, they'll generally become a member of their fathers'. Clans are headed by their patriarch, generally the most prestigious male member of the clan. The patriarch represents the family in gatherings of patriarchs, as well as during conflict mediation. If a member of clan Ghodaze and a member clan Kirdaze squabble over the ownership of some cattle, their respective patriarchs are responsible for negotiating the settlement between the two. The seven great clans are arguably the most extreme form of this dynamic, consisting of several unrelated lineages due to the ease at which an individual of high status can be admitted into the clans. Clans live in communal dwellings, which range from small familial abodes hosting father, mother and child, to the sprawling complexes of the great clans, whose size can rival that of a religious temple.

As for language, the Huotsi speak a tongue that has little in common with the languages that deities had promoted. Unfortunately, the Huotsi are a very basal culture, having been forged from those who've abandoned those civlization centers the soonest, and as such had little time to absorb the tongues taught by the gods. Gradually, as the Huotsi came into their own, they instead came up with their own words, their own language. And when they settled down and began building their civilization, they started to write. Their system of literature evolved from the recordkeeping pictograms used to keep track of materials, before being modified to communicate ideas, in a manner similar to the Sumerians here on Earth. Also much like early real world civilizations, the Huotsi used clay tablets for this writing. While heavy and cumbersome, they didn't rot or tear like paper, they were't as hard as stone, and when baked, they would harden, and therefore last decades.

Brief History:

Cannot fill out at moment, need history to be settled.

Anything else:

Same as above.

CIV APP

Government Type: Bronze Agse-Style Monarchy

Huotsipol is run by a council of seven ancient and influential clans. The clan council is staffed by the seven clan chiefs, the patriarchs of their respective clans. The clan council is responsible for deciding upon what one could call legislation, passing motions, et cetera. The clan council decides upon these things via a simple majority vote. The clan council also elects the king of the Huotsipol from the combined ranks of their clan dynasties, but those holding a position in the clan council are excluded from the pool of potential candidates. Kings reign for life, but the clan council can also launch a vote to force the king to abdicate if they are dissatisfied. The king's powers include being the head of the Huotsipol military, setting the agenda for every meeting of the council, and is also allowed to dissolve the clan council in times of crisis, allowing him to act unimpeded.

Religious practice within Huotsipol is to the say the least, very influential. The priesthood is allowed, no, supposed to use their religious authority in a political manner. Should the clergy read a bad omen, laws in the clan council that would've passed can be vetoed, and a king's election be deemed illegitimate. This priestly veto overrides the powers vested in the king and clan council, with the exception of times of crisis, wherein the king is allowed to do as he pleases. The priesthood is the only institution with the right to grant the king these emergency powers, and as it is frequently not keen on losing political power, they are rarely granted except for the most dire of times.

Huotsipol's military is divided along clan lines. Each clan chief possesses their own clan retinue, and on the battlefield, they act as generals subservient to the king. The king himself also possesses a retinue, passed down from one king to the next, irrespective of their clan allegiances. The king is head of the military as stated earlier, and as such is allowed to order the clan chiefs on the battlefield. The clan chiefs are nominally always supposed to carry out such commands, but if a clan chief is disloyal or otherwise wants to disobey orders, he is free to do so. The military is comprised mostly of foot archers and infantry, and dress themselves like so. Bronze plates are woven together to protect the torso, while a bronze helmet caps the skull. Baggy clothing made from animal hides and furs are also standard. There is also the chariot, a most prestigious form of warfare staffed only by the those belonging in the seven great clans. Chariots are a modification of the supply wagons that the Huotsi used in their days as nomadic wanderers, a modification that proved effective on the battlefield, in an age before the advent of horses strong enough to be mounted.

The economy is very much a centrally-planned initiative, much like most real world societies of comparable technological development. The central government is responsible for setting numerous plans into motion, from the construction of new farms, to temple building, to the crops one plants in planting season.

Patron God(s):

The patron gods in Huotsipol vary depending on who one is talking about. Officially, Huotsipol worships the same pantheon that built the world. Practically, many different people venerate many different gods an in very different ways, in many different situations. When the clan chiefs and the king are on campaign, Teiwaz is who they pray to, asking for his wisdom in battle, and studying his strategies. In the heat of battle, their soldiers may instead channel Nymora, wishing to bring down as many foes as they can. Telsa is a goddess for the 'cultured and sciency folk,' the potters, architects and painters, and Adurja's name is recited in funerary rites.

A more extreme example of this is Gaash. Worship of Gaash can vary depending on where that person is on the social ladder. The common farmer for instance pays great attention to Gaashs 'Gardener' epithet, for it is he who commands their crops. The seven great clans instead put importance on Gaash's 'Sunman' epithet, for they do not farm themselves, and instead pray that their realm isn't sunken into darkness. Gaash also has a local epithet in Huotsipol, 'Savior,' acknowledged by most Huotsipol regardless of status, in a rare example of a universal form of worship. The savior epithet is derived from Gaash's bringing of salvation to the Huotsi in the 680s AMR.

Species:

Species of the genus Homo, comprise the majority of Huotsipol's citizens, and the majority of that majority is Homo sapiens. Homo sapiens, however are capable of breeding with their neanderthal and erecturs kin, and so the line between these types of humans becomes somewhat blurred. Other kinds of sapient life are far less likely to be found in Huotsipol.

Culture:

Huotsipol is the nation of the Huotsi, a people fresh out of their hunter-gatherer roots. The Huotsi began as a loose people of nomadic hunter-gatherers, who largely lived in open plains, where they would follow the vast herds of animal, like cattle and goats. They descended from the diaspora unleashed by the first batches of humans, a group which quickly spread from their origins. The Huotsi eventually settled down, founding a nation of their own and establishing their clan-elected kingdom.

Huotsi culture draws heavily from its hunter-gatherer roots. Their fashion tastes still revolve largely around baggy clothing made from animal furs and hides, albeit the advent of dyes, if expensive, has made it easy for upper-class folk to change their colors from the drab browns, beiges and blacks to more vibrant tones. It is a status symbol to wear colorful clothing. I am guessing you can tell which one of these is more wealthy. A popular hairstyle for men is to keep it very short, a practice that evolved out of maintaining a short cut so as to neatly fit into helmets. It became a status symbol for those with military service, and eventually, proper fashion.

Huotsi culture maintains an equality of sorts between the men and women. While clan leadership and warfare are considered a man's job, religious positions are largely staffed by women, for their pregnancy-related fertility connections with nature make them, in the eyes of the Huotsi, naturals at performing scryings, sacrificing to the gods, and reading omens. The rest of the positions in Huotsi society are rather egalitarian between the sexes. both men and women can work fields, herd animals, make clothes, and even collect taxes, administer farms, and manage stores (not the shopping kind, the storage kind).

The family unit in Huotsi culture is arranged into the concept of clans. Clans are very loose when it comes to the qualifications for membership. Generally, blood relatives belong in the same clan, parent and child, sibling and sibling, grandparent and grandchild, et cetera. However, members of the clan can be evicted, their ties to the clan revoked, which can be a serious blow to societal standing. New members can also be admitted. If a child is born between members of two different clans, they'll generally become a member of their fathers'. Clans are headed by their patriarch, generally the most prestigious male member of the clan. The patriarch represents the family in gatherings of patriarchs, as well as during conflict mediation. If a member of clan Ghodaze and a member clan Kirdaze squabble over the ownership of some cattle, their respective patriarchs are responsible for negotiating the settlement between the two. The seven great clans are arguably the most extreme form of this dynamic, consisting of several unrelated lineages due to the ease at which an individual of high status can be admitted into the clans. Clans live in communal dwellings, which range from small familial abodes hosting father, mother and child, to the sprawling complexes of the great clans, whose size can rival that of a religious temple. Marriages tend to be ambilocal, with the newly married couple deciding upon whose clan dwelling they'll be staying in.

As for language, the Huotsi speak a tongue that has little in common with the languages that deities had promoted. Unfortunately, the Huotsi are a very basal culture, having been forged from those who've abandoned those civlization centers the soonest, and as such had little time to absorb the tongues taught by the gods. Gradually, as the Huotsi came into their own, they instead came up with their own words, their own language. And when they settled down and began building their civilization, they started to write. Their system of literature evolved from the recordkeeping pictograms used to keep track of materials, before being modified to communicate ideas, in a manner similar to the Sumerians here on Earth. Also much like early real world civilizations, the Huotsi used clay tablets for this writing. While heavy and cumbersome, they didn't rot or tear like paper, they were't as hard to work with as stone, and when baked, they would harden, and therefore last decades, perhaps even many centuries or even a millenium or two, although the Huotsipol have not been around long enough to wrap their heads around the last two.

There is exists a great divide between the seven great clans and the rest of Huotsipol society. All men regardless of social stratum are allowed to join the ranks, or even conscripted into any of the seven clan retinues+the king's retinue, but there exists a powerful kind of warrior exclusive only to the seven clans. The chariot. A concept evolved from the supply wagons that the Huotsi used in their nomadic days, the chariot is an effective military unit, for it is the fastest kind of soldier in an era before the advent of horses strong enough to be mounted. Only members of the seven great clans are allowed to join this prestigious military class, which keeps revolt at bay. The seven clans are also provided other benefit. Only their men can participate in the higher levels of government, and only their women can hold the highest religious positions. This belief comes from the religious importance of the clans, which are thought to be sacred. However, this sacredness is also transitive, from parent to child, grandparent to grandkid, and even from unrelated persons. Thus, currying favor with a great clan is an excellent way to rise above the ranks, by being admitted into their numbers.

The Huotsi diet consists of many holdovers from their nomadic traditions, as well as newer additions from their settled lifestyle. Sheep are a very pervasive animal in Huotsi culture, providing not only wool for clothes and horn for bows, but also sheep's milk and cheese, as well as mutton for meals. The Huotsi were also early adopters of grains, from wheat to barley to millet, which were introduced to them as they settled. Bread is a staple for many, and beer's alcoholic numbing properties make it a popular choice amongst soldiers wishing to improve efficacy in battle. Some even claim it is a door to channeling Nymora. Fish caught from the great river upon which Huotsipol lies has also made its way into the diet, which is protested by more zealous followers of Hae. Fruit is a rare commodity, and is dined on only by the upper class, either as a sweet snack or in wine form.

Brief History:

The Huotsi come from the various batches of humans that were spawned by the many gods and goddessess seeking to build cities. A large group of these humans departed from the civilizations the deities were building and reatreated into the great steppe, where they became a myriad of nomadic people, of which the Huotsi were one of. The Huotsi lived in the steppe for generations, coexisting and warring with their neighbors, until their portion of the steppe grew hostile. Under most circumstances, a nomadic people would migrate, conquering a neighbor's land for greener pastures, or moving to fields yet to be inhabited. But the Huotsi's neighbors were (politically speaking) cramped, and and none of these neighbors were keen on losing their lands.

It was in this time of harsh living that Gaash intervened, appearing in the form of a great fire, and commanding the seven great clans, Yisuk, Zedai, Hechu, Orzo, Monaz, Tambu and Igpi to lead the Huotsi to leave the steppe and find a land of plenty, roughly around the 680s AMR. It would not be until 710s AMR that the Huotsi found their promised land, and lay down the groundwork for the modern state of Huotsipol. Those 20 or so years are documented in many folk tales and clay tablets, and tell of the experiences of the Huotsi on their journey. A barbarian tribe set out to ambush them, only for the grasses to shoot up so high and grow so thick that the attackers could see the Huotsi no more. Another raid was cut short after vines wrapped around their blades and feet, holding them in place until the Huotsi could flee. Gaash really was protecting them during this journey.

When they arrived at their land of plenty, a fertile plain where a great river ran through, the seven great clans formalized their leadership role given to them by Gaash so many years ago. The system of electing kings, derived from another of Gaash's orders also emerged. They settled down, and built their first permanent buildings, made from mudbrick, a far cry from the nomadic huts that could easily be disassembled and reassembled elsewhere. Their clan-based familial structure was adapted to suit the settled lifestyle. Instead of a clan sharing several huts and moving as a group, they'd have one clan house to themselves, and all would reside in there. The wagon train, a tray with some wheels attached to a steed transformed into the chariot, a form of warfare that proved effective when war first came to Huotsipol. Many things in Huotsipol are just extremely derived figments of their nomadic hunter-gatherer past.

And war did come to Huotsipol. The first real war supposedly came in 721 AMR, where the Huotsi, still fresh from their jounrey were attacked by another people. It was said that the reigning king, Migai Igpi devised the chariot after, in a pinch, he had the archers shoot from the wagons in an attempt at flanking the opponent. Bronze armor and a professional chariot caste debuted in the 750s AMR, for the Huotsi, now settled, found the time to dig into the earth and discovered the secret of bronze, for both tin and copper occured in the region Gaash had led them to. Truly a promised land.

Huotsipol would gradually expand, subjigating and assimilating the other peoples around it, until it had formed an empire around their river, not unlike the real-world empires of the Bronze Age. They would master agriculture, building intricate canals and efficient farms to feed their growing population. This river also provided an advent for shipping, and travel times shortened as watercraft debuted. The Huotsi also devised a writing system in these days of rapid expansion, using styluses to press words onto clay tablets. By 850 AMR, Huotsipol had become established as a great power in its region.

By the 1000s AMR, Huotsipol is enjoying a continued stay on the top of its ladder. All that could really threaten it would be divine intervention, in the form of a god-induced calamity or the arrival of a stronger people forged by a deity.

Anything else:

These are the names of the great clans. Yisuk, Zedai, Hechu, Orzo, Monaz, Tambu, Igpi. Putting them here for reference.

Update: Made a revised version of the app, now with a history and patron gods. This is listed under New Version, please refer to that.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:14 am

Big Carencia wrote:First of all my vote is for Adurja, Voion and Gaash.
The second is. if someone answers the question.
Can I create a semi-divine being to indirectly govern my mortal creations?

I'll say sure for now - though leadership may pass to mortals over the generations. Having a semi-divine/chosen prophet as a ruler might be a nice way to transition away from direct godly rule though.

Danubian Peoples wrote:

I already made a suggestion for the timeframe thing. And by the way, here's a draft of the civilization I was planning to create.

CIV APP

Government Type: Confederacy

Religious practice within Huotsipol is to the say the least, very influential The priesthood is allowed, no, supposed to use their religious authority in a political manner. Should the clergy read a bad omen, laws in the clan council that would've passed can be vetoed, and a king's election be deemed illegitimate. This priestly veto overrides the powers vested in the king and clan council, with the exception of times of crisis, wherein the king is allowed to do as he pleases. The priesthood is the only institution with the right to grant the king these emergency powers, and as it is frequently not keen on losing political power, they are rarely granted except for the most dire of times.

Huotsipol's military is divided along clan lines. Each clan chief possesses their own clan retinue, and on the battlefield, they act as generals subservient to the king. The king himself also possesses a retinue, passed down from one king to the next, irrespective of their clan allegiances. The king is head of the military as stated earlier, and as such is allowed to order the clan chiefs on the battlefield. The clan chiefs are nominally always supposed to carry out such commands, but if a clan chief is disloyal or otherwise wants to disobey orders, he is free to do so. The military is comprised mostly of foot archers and infantry, and dress themselves like so. Bronze plates are woven together to protect the torso, while a bronze helmet caps the skull. Baggy clothing made from animal hides and furs are also standard.

Patron God(s):

Not sure yet tbh

Species:

Culture:

Huotsi culture maintains an equality of sorts between the men and women. While clan leadership and warfare are considered a man's job, religious positions are largely staffed by women, for their pregnancy-related fertility connections with nature make them, in the eyes of the Huotsi, naturals at performing scryings, sacrificing to the gods, and reading omens. The rest of the positions in Huotsi society are rather egalitarian. both men and women can work fields, herd animals, make clothes, and even collect taxes, administer farms, and manage stores (not the shopping kind, the storage kind).

The family unit in Huotsi culture is arranged into the concept of clans. Clans are very loose when it comes to the qualifications for membership. Generally, blood relatives belong in the same clan, parent and child, sibling and sibling, grandparent and grandchild, et cetera. However, members of the clan can be evicted, their ties to the clan revoked, which can be a serious blow to societal standing. New members can also be admitted. If a child is born between members of two different clans, they'll generally become a member of their fathers'. Clans are headed by their patriarch, generally the most prestigious male member of the clan. The patriarch represents the family in gatherings of patriarchs, as well as during conflict mediation. If a member of clan Ghodaze and a member clan Kirdaze squabble over the ownership of some cattle, their respective patriarchs are responsible for negotiating the settlement between the two. The seven great clans are arguably the most extreme form of this dynamic, consisting of several unrelated lineages due to the ease at which an individual of high status can be admitted into the clans. Clans live in communal dwellings, which range from small familial abodes hosting father, mother and child, to the sprawling complexes of the great clans, whose size can rival that of a religious temple.

As for language, the Huotsi speak a tongue that has little in common with the languages that deities had promoted. Unfortunately, the Huotsi are a very basal culture, having been forged from those who've abandoned those civlization centers the soonest, and as such had little time to absorb the tongues taught by the gods. Gradually, as the Huotsi came into their own, they instead came up with their own words, their own language. And when they settled down and began building their civilization, they started to write. Their system of literature evolved from the recordkeeping pictograms used to keep track of materials, before being modified to communicate ideas, in a manner similar to the Sumerians here on Earth. Also much like early real world civilizations, the Huotsi used clay tablets for this writing. While heavy and cumbersome, they didn't rot or tear like paper, they were't as hard as stone, and when baked, they would harden, and therefore last decades.

Brief History:

Cannot fill out at moment, need history to be settled.

Anything else:

Same as above.

This looks great so far! I'll hold off on an official acceptance since it's still a draft, but we should be able to get the timeline hammered out tomorrow. Am hoping once we move on to our first big timeskip we can get this kind of detail for all the major factions/civilizations of the world!
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:20 am

Bentus wrote:[snip]

Excellent! Also, I'm saying this in advance, assuming that I make the history in a manner similar to the rest of the application, well, it's not going to be brief at all...
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:34 am

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Sepis
Deity: Aprohis
Epiphet(s): Sepis the divine monarch
Personality:Maintains a cold mood. He is very serious, he is loyal and helpful, because he is a modification of a Serpiente. He is very ambitious and will do whatever it takes for his god to appreciate him. He also has very little patience. Even so, he is generally kind to the people in general.
Appearance:He is essentially like a Serpiente but with the color of blue skin.
He has human shape, snake head, scaly skin.
Background: After Aprohis saw chaos among his Adanguis, he decided to send someone to impose order on them. His mission is to rule the Adanguis and prevent them from engaging in continual futile power struggles.
Equipment:A light iron breastplate. A sword imbued with the poison of Aprohis's sword. An amulet that in an emergency had a direct line with Aprohis.
Anything else:He has more autonomy than the Serpientes, but less than the Adanguis

(Not created yet, but will be created soon. Probably in my next post. if it is accepted)

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:40 am

Mennu, created by Big Carencia
Micon, created by Big Carencia
These species are from Anitgrum (socor)
(I have not created any of these species. I only made the Adanguis and the Serpientes)
Anitgrum wrote:SPECIES APP
Name: Mennu
Deity: Socor
Type: General
Appearance: Mennu looks like a frost.
Physiology/Abilities: This edible fungus is heat resistant and requires very little water. It has a sweet and sours taste.
Background: They were created by Socor in order to provide a food source for creatures of the desert.
Anything else:

SPECIES APP
Name: Micon
Deity: Socor
Type: Mortal
Appearance: Micon are on average about 1.5 meters tall. They have both insect and vertebrate feature, such as two :compound eyes, antenna, mandibles, feather which cover their entire body, skeletal system, lungs. Micon are humanoid and have four fingered hands and four toed feet. Their foot structure resembles predatory birds and dinosaurs. The males and queens have wings.
Physiology/Abilities: Micon are eusocial in much the same manner bee and ants are. The queen is consonantly laying eggs that are raised by drones. Mircon communicate basic emotion through pheromones much in the same way other mortal do with facial expression. Males and queen have wings which they use to fly.
Background: They were created by Socor in order to have something to worship him.
Anything else:
Last edited by Big Carencia on Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 am

Big Carencia wrote:Mennu, created by Big Carencia
(I have not created any of these species. I only made the Adanguis and the Serpientes)

And I did not create the civilization of Athens.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:54 am

CIV APP
Name: City of Algol's Chosen
Government Type: Dictatorship
Ruler: Algol
Patron God(s): Algol
Species: Homo Deus
Culture: The entire city is revolved around the worship of Algol and all citizens revere him. Fulfilling one's duty is a big part of what could be considered "culture" here, whether you are a soldier or a spiritual messenger, you have no choice but to do your duty.
Brief History: It is a relatively new civilization, and not much has happened. Though in the short time it has been around, wanderers have noticed even more soldiers gathering on and outside of the walls, a buildup for what may be an invasion force. However, no one can be certain of the purpose of a military buildup such as this.
Anything else: The city is surrounded by massive walls where guards are posted to keep out anyone who tries to enter, as no mortals are permitted to enter, and they will be killed on sight by the Homo Deus soldiers who are manning the wall. The city was created by Algol himself, so the architecture is not limited to what mortal hands can build

WIP
Last edited by Mercatus on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:17 am

Voxija wrote:
Big Carencia wrote:Mennu, created by Big Carencia

And I did not create the civilization of Athens.

:lol:
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:20 am

CIV APP
Name: Crystalline Republic (Republica Crystallia)
Government Type: Anocracy (Benevolent Dictatorship)
Ruler: Ruby Eron the 9th ("Ruby" is the head-of-state's title)
Patron God(s): Idol Worship, Animism (bird worship but over white, black, and grey birds)
Species: Humans (Homo Sapiens)
Culture:

Very rock-based, and mining-based. They don't worship any particular deity or deities, but worship idols and statues/statuettes and also birds. (essentially Ba'al-type stuff or Indigenous people/Aztec stuff) They love high-quality rocks like Sapphire, Quartz, Ruby, Diamond and etc. Their idols are made out of simple Stone and Iron or sometimes carved outta different kinds of Wood. Some of the Crystallian peoples' homes are underground. They wear alot of robes, capes and head garments (like headdresses, bandanas, headbands and crowns, tiaras) but also hoods and cowls. You can also find Nudist culture in the Republic, as they didn't shun it and generally don't shun anything that deals with the Human Body.

Dresses, skirts/kilts and scarves are also worn, and also mineral/crystal necklaces. http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/322548149789-0-1/s-l1000.jpg (like so) Flowers are worn in Crystallians' hair and also flower-crowns are worn too.

They're egalitarian, women and men can be seen in all sorts of jobs and duties, though girls aged 14-19 have the position of cleaning/maintaining the idols; a superstition dealing w/ bloodshed (periods) and blood thought to be "holy" but only the blood from a teenage girl.

They also wear jewelry, and have no problems or issues wearing it although they're pretty much obsessed over rocks, minerals, ores, gems, gemstones and the like. They wear alot of jewelry, and the average child would own three rings.

Healers are essentially arsonists, burning wood and making all sorts of fires since the Crystallian culture/belief is that Fire, Smoke, Steam, Ash and Fume heal, though you can also see some healers rubbing/placing worms all over the wounded or sprinkling them w/ rainwater.

Their warriors wear skins and pelts made out of pigs, rams, bulls, snakes and buffaloes, but you can see some wearing armor or covered head-to-toe in mud and tattoos (runes tattooed onto them) or facepaints/makeup.
    Warrior weaponry
  • Scimitars and other curved swords
  • Pointed sticks
  • Sticks and staffs
  • Longbows
  • Shieldbows
  • Horns (believing that the horn noise is a repellent or that sound can kill)
  • Slingshots
  • Boomerangs and pointed/sharp boomerangs
  • Darts and needles

They don't sacrifice or kill lawbreakers, they shame them. (either by wearing masks or doing things that made them seem foolish/stripping them of their dignity)

They're also very tactile/touchy-feely, so you can see Crystallians hugging, poking, rubbing, and etc most of the time.

People in government or highborns/certain 'special' families would be seen wearing black or brown.

Crystallian games/sports
  • footraces
  • throwing mudballs or snowballs at eachother
  • rock-throwing
  • hide-and-(go) seek
  • arts-and crafts (technically that's art, but Arts, Sports and Sciences generally crossover)
Brief History: They used to be a set of villages, but grew tired of village life so they started exploring caves and mining, then that grew into a society and culture in itself.

Anything else: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_flag#/media/File:Batasuna.svg (their flag), they're far away from others (but somewhat close to Athens. Telsa and the Athenians didn't make contact w/ them yet, since they're like 500 or so miles away.), their flag has changed alot (usually some type of rainbow), the rainbow pattern is everywhere and all over quilts, blankets, sheets and even their art/drawings, the rainbow signified Intersectionality but it also represents Nature and the many types of rocks that could be found in it.

Eron is not the ninth Eron, he's the ninth Ruby.

Before they became the Crystalline Republic and found/got their culture, they believed little girls had some essence of Holiness or god within them (so they worshipped little girls and had them on pillows and pedestals, basically propped up) (that's probably how/where the superstition of periods/bloodshed came from)

They can be classified as "Human supremacist" or xenophobic, since they hunt down and enslave or kill nonhuman species. (or species besides gods, obv)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:01 am

Huotsipol and the Crystalline Republic are accepted!

As for the other civs, it's been decided that Gods and Semi-Divines can't directly rule over civilizations. Without this constraint, the RP essentially becomes a faction-based one with overpowered immortal rulers.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I won't be able to post until later today, but I will do my best to keep in contact while I'm working :)

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:51 am

@ Magnolixie, did you have a god in mind for your Exclusion Zone arc? I was thinking that there could be some interesting (and ominous) interactions between the gods of apathy and decay.

Also, won't be able to post IC for a bit, so no rush on these:

CIV APP
Name: Bar Khabo, also called just "Khabo" informally. Demonym: Bar Khaboan or just "Khaboan".

Government Type: None, at the moment. The only organized group in Bar Khabo is the priesthood of Abraxes, and although they have many worshippers, they do not have auhtority over the civilization as a whole. An informal emblem that many Bar Khaboans have adopted is a magnolia flower. Many residents have pinned these flowers to their doorframes in decoration.

Ruler: None. Although the high priest of Abraxes wields considerable influence over the Bar Khaboans, they don't speak for the civilization.

Patron God(s): Any. Although Abraxes is primarily worshipped in Bar Khaboa, and his priests are the only formal clergy present, immigration from Athens and Voia has brought the worship of Voion and Telsa. In addition, many Khaboans observe Gaash, Teiwaz, and others from their profession. Fishermen may pay homage to Hae, and mystics may acknowledge Adurja, Ausra and Hebainia. Many who worship Abraxes also pay secondary homage to Anzo, as they have found philosophy to synthesize well with Abraxes' worship.

Species: Mainly human, significant Goon population, smaller populations of homo habilis and homo erectus. There are no homo sapiens fortis yet living in Bar Khabo, owing to the extreme distance between Bar Khabo and the Senkaku Islands.

Culture:

The only thing that unites the Bar Khaboans is their uniform idyllic lifestyle. The lands of Bar Khabo surround the Blameless Bayou on the southern shores and small islands of the great continent in the mortal realm.

These lands are practically paradise: a warm, breezy land of beaches, orchards, and of course, the Bayou itself. This climate, coupled with the easy accessibility of food from fruit trees and the ocean, has combined with the worship of Abraxes to create Bar Khaboans' unique outlook on life.

There is no organized industry in Bar Khabo, and no formal government. Trade is not regulated, and although individual citizens may be skilled warriors, there is no formal militia. A day in Bar Khabo is spent lounging on the beach, grilling food on the open fire, sipping from coconuts, and playing music late into the night. Worship of Abraxes is pervasive, and no one has built a permanent structure in his Bayou out of respect. Bar Khaboans primarily live in two types of dwellings: fortified homes made of mudbrick, or sprawling rafts that float through the Bayou. The biggest structure is a ziggurat currently under construction by the priesthood of Avraxes. It is meant to echo his holy shape, and is currently being built steadily but (extremely) slowly.

Obviously, the lack of organization and defenses make Bar Khabo extremely vulnerable to attack. These has not been a problem so far, as the land is largely surrounded by Socor's great desert and the ocean., which discourage nomad raids. A determined and well supplied invader could easily cross the desert to attack, or could invade from the sea, but these have not been a problem yet. Bar Khabo's houses exemplify the lack of organization in the civilization's defenses: in the event of a raid, houserafts go out to sea and fortified homes are defended by their occupants, but the town has no walls or towers.

Bar Khaboans are extremely easy going and love a life of leisure. Their music and art is fairly simple, consisting of a lot of drumming, whistling, and simple murals and tattoo. They trade art and foodstuffs (bananas, coconuts, and coconut crab) with individual Voian merchants, but these are rare cases.

Bar Khaboans speak their own language, Khaboan, which has similar roots to Voian but has developed significantly differently due to the region's Goon influence and the town's multicultural nature. The priesthood of Abraxes have developed a unique writing system, though this is primarily used only in their temples and has not yet been widely adopted by the Khaboans.

Brief History:

Named after the first woman to lead a group to the Blameless Bayou, Bar Khabo grew slowly, absorbing small groups of travellers from Voia looking for a slower pace of life and scholars from Athens who sought a land where they could practice their speechcraft in comfort.

Bar Khabo only truly grew beyond a loose collection of campsites after the Voian civil war, when large amounts of refugees braved the desert of Socor to find the idyllic land. Bar Khabo has a current population of ~4000, though it receives a steady stream of immigrants.

Bar Khabo has no organized government or militia, although the most powerful group is the priesthood of Abraxes, who informally exercise a great deal of influence. The priesthood is not defensive about the worship of other gods, and openly welcomes followers of the other divines.

Anything else:

Bar Khabo is contentment taken root. The town is a haven for those seeking to get away from it all and currently serves as the epicentre of Abraxes' worship. Although it has never been attacked, it is becoming more well known and is extremely vulnerable (although many of the inhabitants could care less). If Bar Khabo is to truly thrive, the priesthood of Abraxes may have to take steps to proactively defend themselves. This likely won't happen without a wake up call, as they are perfectly happy to proceed at the slow pace they are going at.

Essentially, this is the land of kicking back on the beach.

SPECIES APP
Name: Goons (Haplanthropus blandus)

Deity: Created by Abraxes, and most find their outlook to fit with his worship. A surprising secondary major god for the Goons is Anzo. Many of them find the pursuit of philosophy extremely enjoyable. Goons may also worship any god that is influenced by their location or profession.

Type: Sentient mortal.

Appearance: Goons are humanoid in shape, being bipedal with opposable thumbs and ten fingers and toes. They are on average quite a bit shorter and stouter than humans, usually being about 5'5 at the tallest. Goons almost uniformly have big, round bellies, and weigh more than humans. Goons are about the same strength as humans but are far less aggressive. They are an intelligent race and love puzzles and riddles.

Goons are totally hairless and always totally red, orange, blue, green, or purple. These colours are purely aesthetic, and have no difference on the way they treat each other and the Goons pay them no mind. Goons have a species' wide sunny disposition and are almost always seen with a huge smile or laugh on their face. Often, the only way to tell the age of a Goon is by the amount of laugh lines it has. Goons prefer simple clothing, favoring comfortable robes and shoes.

Physiology/Abilities: Goons, although humanoid, cannot interbreed with other species. They reproduce slowly but live long lives. In general, they are extremely friendly with other races, and are great storytellers, artisans, musicians, and cooks.

Goons as a whole are very peaceful, and love the simple pleasures of life, as Abraxes tried to sculpt this into their makeup. Abraxes had never created a sentitent on his own, however, and exceptions abound. Goons who don't follow their relaxed and laissez-faire culture often travel to other lands to become warriors, craftspeople, adventurers, or merchants.

Goons are generally unconcerned with matters of legacy and empire, and prefer to make friends, tell stories, grill, and play music. Goon bands are usually hits at weddings and parties, and in worship services to Abraxes.

Background: Abraxes' goal in creating the Goons was to create a race that advertised his faith's preferred way of life: simple living, good food, and unambitious but pleasing art, music, and architecture.

However, Abraxes attempted to create the species alone, in order to try and have sole influence over them. Abraxes had never created a sentient before, though, and the project was harder than expected. As a result, many Goons have different outlooks to varying degrees. These Goons often leave the Blameless Bayou, where they originated, and migrate around the mortal realm. Goon communities can be found throughout the continent, wherever the living is easy, and Goons are capable of worshipping any god in the right context. Goon magicians and mystics are so far unheard of although there are more than a few Goon philosophers.

Anything else: Essentially, an easygoing, easy living race that Abraxes tried to create as an advertisement for his preferred style of life. However there are many exceptions due to Abraxes' creation inexperience. Goons have no formal leader and adapt to whatever society they live in. They can be found all over, but prefer humid and warmer climates.
Last edited by The Hepthalites on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:58 am

Joined the discord, but gonna need to catch up on the reading here before I app. Was thinking of a goddess named Totalia, god of authoritarianism and totalitarianism, if that works.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Barapam wrote:Joined the discord, but gonna need to catch up on the reading here before I app. Was thinking of a goddess named Totalia, god of authoritarianism and totalitarianism, if that works.

One could condense both into oppression in general.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Barapam wrote:Joined the discord, but gonna need to catch up on the reading here before I app. Was thinking of a goddess named Totalia, god of authoritarianism and totalitarianism, if that works.

One could condense both into oppression in general.

You're right, that makes more sense. Especially since ideologies won't come into play until pretty late if this world follows events similar to real world history.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse