NATION

PASSWORD

Interracial Dating

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Lancaster of Wessex
Senator
 
Posts: 4962
Founded: Feb 21, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:00 am

United Anacreon wrote:Now, I'm not going to make a generalization here, but why are some white women very arrogant or hostile to Asian men? I really wish to know. It seems they aren't arrogant to most other groups from my experiences, but why must they be that way towards me?

Hasn't the world seen past prejudice and stereotyping? Or am I on NSG too much?


That's the individual women's problem for being arrogant or hostile to you; it's not just Asian men they could be hostile to, it could be any group, or any person. Their reasons may be irrational or inconsiderate, or just plain racist, but there's no explaining it. Don't take it personally, because frankly you don't know them or their thinking process (or lack thereof; or if you do know how/why they think, well, maybe you have some more insight).

It could also just be that they aren't interested in Asian men. I'm a Caucasian, I love Asian women, and married one. Some Asian women don't like Caucasian men, same as some Caucasian men might not like Black women, etc.

There's no rhyme or reason to it, it's just taste and preference, and as long as it's not just an ignorant racial hatred (which mine isn't), then their taste is their own.
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

User avatar
Dyakovo
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 83162
Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:58 am

New Mitanni wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:As someone who fits that description, I can at least provide a partial answer...

I am extremely unlikely to date a black woman because I just do not find most of them attractive, primarily I think due to their facial features, specifically the nose... If the woman has a stereotypical wide nose, I just do not find her attractive...


Preferences for certain physical attributes and appearances is NOT "racism." It's time to end the misuse of that particular word, which is rapidly becoming nothing but a leftie term of abuse.

PS: D, since I agree with your post, you may want to reconsider your position. ;)

Ah, so this is what NNLDI was referring to about us agreeing twice in one day...

*Goes out and dates a black woman*
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

User avatar
Pepe Dominguez
Envoy
 
Posts: 262
Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Pepe Dominguez » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:09 pm

It seems to me that a large proportion (it seems like a majority, honestly, but I know that's statistically unlikely) of couples I see in stores are interracial. Not that we're all perfectly tolerant here (So. California), but it's rare to see a homogenous couple where I am, unless it's homogenous Hispanic/Hispanic.

User avatar
Port Arcana
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Aug 11, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Port Arcana » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:52 am

New Mitanni wrote:
Port Arcana wrote:United Anacreon, I think a lot of the issue is that you're seeing people as "races", when in actuality (from an anthropological or biological point of view), there's no such thing as race. A more correct term might be ethnicity, where as any and all differences (actual or perceived) are products of CULTURE, not GENETICS.


A factually preposterous assertion on its face (so to speak), and tendentious political correctness at its worst. Genetics and only genetics are responsible for actual features such as melanin production, hair texture, nose configuration, tooth structure, skeletal structure, eye color, etc. The fact that forensic anthropologists can reliably determine the race of homicide victims from skeletal evidence is sufficient to refute that statement. And the fact that blacks who have grown up in "white" American suburbs, adopted white American culture and speak perfect unaccented American English remain black rather than magically transforming into whites demonstrates that "culture" does not override "genetics."


I'm not debating that there's no phenotype variations on things such as pigmentation, hair colour, eye colour, etc. But no anthropologists today acknowledge the concept of "racial traits". The idea that specific features are unconditionally assigned to members of certain "races" is completely ridiculous. Within any two populations, there's more genetic variation within groups than between groups. For instance if you compare a population of Inuit Eskimos with a population of Hutus, you would see that there are members of various height, weight, facial structures, skeletal structures, etc within both groups. The idea of "race" is an outdated idea because it is largely focused on the one phenotype of skin colour (white people, black people, brown people etc) where as it completely ignores other phenotypes that are expressed in a much greater variety (body shape, height, weight). Separating humans into groups by skin colour makes as much sense as making "races" out of hair colour, eye colour, etc.

is pigmentation a result of culture? how about nose width? And hair color (Irish red, Swedish blond, Asian black)?


Also, you're making a lot of assumptions because that statement implies that red hair is a trait specifically assigned to people of Irish ethnicity (when in actuality the genetic occurrence of red hair can be found in populations of Russia, central Asia, Northern India, etc) and/or all Irish people have red hair (which isn't true if you've ever been anywhere near Ireland or met Irish people).

User avatar
Surote
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1928
Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Surote » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 am

Interracial dating is kinda wierd but I'm not againist it competely

User avatar
BrightonBurg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1993
Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby BrightonBurg » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:56 am

I dont care about race when it comes to dating,as long as she says " yes " If she provides beer,that is a plus..
"The great questions of the day will be decided not by speeches or majority votes ...but by blood and iron." - Prince Otto Von Bismarck.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 31373
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 am

For the same reason some Asians seem to be hostile to non-Asians or half-Asians.
People hate/fear what is not like themselves. It's irrational and stupid, but there you go.

User avatar
Voltairian Prospects
Diplomat
 
Posts: 811
Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Voltairian Prospects » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:03 am

I honestly don't see any problem with interracial dating and I don't see why some people see it as wrong.
I mean most of the girls I have dated have not been the same race as me, considering we ARE all people regardless of the "colour" of our skin.
-...After all, 'advice' is just a 6-letter way to say "Okay, here's how I fucked up"-Grave_n_Idle
-Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice.
From what I'v tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire -Robert Frost

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Rhodmhire » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:08 am

United Anacreon wrote:
We live in a modern society, the majority of NSGers are beyond Race, Creed, and Economic Backgrounds.


I hope all NSGers are beyond race, creed, and economic backgrounds. Putting race especially as a main concern, to me anyways, is primative and idiotic.

Now, this extends to the idea of Interracial Dating, I'm pretty sure that the majority of NSGers are in support of it.


I don't see a valid reason not to support it, or at least have no opinion on in general, since it's not really a major concern due to racial differences being concerning isn't a valid reason to not date someone if they'd be dateable otherwise.

Alas, the world is not NSG. And as an asian american, I am subjected to the worst of stereotypes, people tend to be extremely hostile to me...especially women.


Try being a modest Republican Catholic Theistic Evolutionist in a post-Bush America. But I see your point, although I haven't seen any instances of this happening in person, I can assume it happens, but since I'm a person who doesn't give one about race--at all--I can't see any reasons why.

Now, I'm not going to make a generalization here, but why are some white women very arrogant or hostile to Asian men? I really wish to know. It seems they aren't arrogant to most other groups from my experiences, but why must they be that way towards me?

Hasn't the world seen past prejudice and stereotyping? Or am I on NSG too much?


The bolded--we're talking about humans here...so no, the world hasn't seen past it. Although not seeing past it is ignorant and, in my opinion, one of the causes of the downfall of our civilization, as it has always been. Personally I think putting race as a main concern--in a good or bad sense--is foolish and should never be done.

Sadly, I'm not a woman dating or considering to date an Asian-American man, so I can't really answer that.

Wait...Asian-American? We're still not on board with the whole we're all "Americans" instead of "African-Americans" or "Asian-Americans" or "Hispanic-Americans." I don't want to get off subject, but I don't see why we can't just consider ourselves all "Americans" and just put race behind us in that sense. I thought America was the melting pot of the world.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

User avatar
The Scandinvans
Senator
 
Posts: 4892
Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Capitalizt

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby The Scandinvans » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:09 am

To point out I have never had a serious relation with a woman of another race because of the fact I have never had a serious relationship.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

User avatar
Hayteria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1709
Founded: Dec 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Hayteria » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:15 am

Cogitation wrote:A deeper question to ask would be "Why do prejudice and stereotypes exist?" I don't actually have an answer to this question, but it seems to me that to explore this subject, this would probably be the best first direction to go in.

--The Democratic States of Cogitation

Because of human nature? o.o

Or some specifically, that our hostility to perceived "outsiders" tends to be a product of our evolution? Maybe the scientific community, psychologists in particular, should investigate it further, but it doesn't seem like much of a mystery to me.

User avatar
The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5548
Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:19 am

New Mitanni wrote:
Port Arcana wrote:United Anacreon, I think a lot of the issue is that you're seeing people as "races", when in actuality (from an anthropological or biological point of view), there's no such thing as race. A more correct term might be ethnicity, where as any and all differences (actual or perceived) are products of CULTURE, not GENETICS.


A factually preposterous assertion on its face (so to speak), and tendentious political correctness at its worst. Genetics and only genetics are responsible for actual features such as melanin production, hair texture, nose configuration, tooth structure, skeletal structure, eye color, etc. The fact that forensic anthropologists can reliably determine the race of homicide victims from skeletal evidence is sufficient to refute that statement. And the fact that blacks who have grown up in "white" American suburbs, adopted white American culture and speak perfect unaccented American English remain black rather than magically transforming into whites demonstrates that "culture" does not override "genetics."


Meh. Geneticists and anthropologists both tend to agree that race is a socio-political construct with little or no basis in biology or genetics AND that phenotypes do not correlate to significant differences between alleged racial groups.

http://www.aaanet.org/stmts/racepp.htm
http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v36/n1 ... g1454.html
http://www.genome.org/cgi/content/full/12/6/844
http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v36/n1 ... g1435.html
http://personal.uncc.edu/jmarks/interes ... imore.html
http://www.pdkintl.org/kappan/k0305muk.htm
http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanorigins/faq/race.htm
http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes/Sci ... gyRace.htm
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/f ... 5GkJnA&key

As for your statement about a "black" remaining "black," WTF?
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

User avatar
EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13456
Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:21 am

Surote wrote:Interracial dating is kinda wierd but I'm not againist it competely


Why do you find it weird?

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Rhodmhire » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:24 am

Surote wrote:Interracial dating is kinda wierd but I'm not againist it competely


What on Earth is weird about it?
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

User avatar
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32382
Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:27 am

Surote wrote:Interracial dating is kinda wierd but I'm not againist it competely


Then it's not your business.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

User avatar
Surote
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1928
Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Surote » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:28 am

Rhodmhire wrote:
Surote wrote:Interracial dating is kinda wierd but I'm not againist it competely


What on Earth is weird about it?


Cause you usually think people would be more attracted to there own race and not another that's why i think it's wierd

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 31373
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:29 am

Voltairian Prospects wrote:I honestly don't see any problem with interracial dating and I don't see why some people see it as wrong.
I mean most of the girls I have dated have not been the same race as me, considering we ARE all people regardless of the "colour" of our skin.

Precisely.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 31373
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:29 am

Surote wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:
Surote wrote:Interracial dating is kinda wierd but I'm not againist it competely


What on Earth is weird about it?


Cause you usually think people would be more attracted to there own race and not another that's why i think it's wierd

We're all humans.

User avatar
Colonic Immigration
Minister
 
Posts: 3337
Founded: Mar 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Colonic Immigration » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:31 am

I have no problem with it. I'm attracted to Asian women. There's nothing odd about interracial dating.

EDIT: Some people are scared or dislike of what's different to themselves.
Last edited by Colonic Immigration on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Western Mercenary Unio - Yeah, you kinda make idiocy an art

Haikus are easy,
They don't always make much sense,
Refrigerator

User avatar
Hayteria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1709
Founded: Dec 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Hayteria » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:32 am

Anyone else here notice the targeted ads for this thread?

User avatar
Surote
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1928
Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Surote » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:32 am

I was raised to be encouraged to date in my race

User avatar
The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5548
Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:33 am

Vanilla Ice Cream - Stephen Lynch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKETOKA ... re=related

Have a seat and listen, please don't say a thing
The matters of the heart sometimes, the truth will ever sting
Just don't take it personally, this is no attack
But we will never last because I am white and you are.........also white

I only like black girls the brown girls, the café au lait
Caramel girls, and mocca girls just blow me away
If your a nubian, I want you to-be in every fantasy
But if you're a whitey, say nighty-nighty, your just not the girl for me

Oh I hate vanilla ice cream, I like chocolate instead
I hope she likes her soul food with a little Wonder Bread
Don't call it Jungle Fever cause that just isn't right
I am not a racist, some of my best friends are white

I just prefer black girls, the brown girls, the café au lait
A caramel girls and mocca girls just blow me away. If you're a cracker, you better get blacker or else you best get out
It is no mystery, I like a sister see that's what I'm talkin about

Our wedding song will be "Ebony and Ivory", and we'll sing Christmas carols round the old Kwanzaa tree
But color is not the issue here, it's dignity, it's class
It's all about her heart, okay it's partly about that ass
I want me some black girl, the brown girl, the café au lait
A caramel girls, and mocca girls, just blow me away
If you're a honky, you're singin the wrong key, it's the honest truth
The skin that she's dwellin in, must contain melanin, that is the Fountain of Youth.

Thomas Jefferson.

Robert DeNiro.

David Bowie.

To a certain extent...Ted Dansen.

Strom Thurmond!!! Strom Thurmond!!! yeeeahh...


:rofl:
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

User avatar
The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5548
Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:34 am

Surote wrote:I was raised to be encouraged to date in my race


That is unfortunate. Apparently you were raised by bigots. Need a hug? :hug:
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

User avatar
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32382
Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:35 am

Surote wrote:I was raised to be encouraged to date in my race


Good to know that you were raised to be intolerrable to people of other ethnicities.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

User avatar
Voltairian Prospects
Diplomat
 
Posts: 811
Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Interracial Dating

Postby Voltairian Prospects » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:36 am

Hayteria wrote:Anyone else here notice the targeted ads for this thread?

Yes... yes I did... it made me chuckle a little bit :roll:
-...After all, 'advice' is just a 6-letter way to say "Okay, here's how I fucked up"-Grave_n_Idle
-Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice.
From what I'v tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire -Robert Frost

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alanis Star, Aleixandria, Aletagne, Arkmunster, Bing [Bot], Bombadil, Bread Herbert, Dooom35796821595, Duhon, Geneviev, Google Adsense [Bot], Heloin, Infected Mushroom, Kombinita Socialisma Demokratio, Kubra, Kuominwave, Libertas Omnium Maximus, Neanderthaland, New Edenea, New Gamerstan, New haven america, Pacomia, Scomagia, Soviet Tankistan, Therseria, Uiiop, Valentine Z

Advertisement

Remove ads