NATION

PASSWORD

NS Cliches II: Re-Rebooted

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:48 pm

This thread repeating clichés.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Perikuresu
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Perikuresu » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:49 pm

Gandoor wrote:This thread repeating clichés.

Deja vu
A Pacific nation or a MT liberalwank nation whose main premise is composed on a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities
NS Stats non canon, NS Policies canon tho
Aerilia is lying! They're not a unicorn, they're a Welsh Dragon!

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:53 pm

inb4 this cliche is repeated
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:13 pm

Perikuresu wrote:

Deja vu

Deja Poo: The same shit all over again.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:32 pm

Perikuresu wrote:

Deja vu

Cliche: Following up with something like "I've just been in this place before"

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:01 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Perikuresu wrote:Deja vu

Cliche: Following up with something like "I've just been in this place before"

Deja vu, I have not been in this place before- oh Gawd, who the heck are you people?
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Onox Legion
Attaché

Founded: Sep 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Onox Legion » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:10 am

Does untold amounts of damages with his car while an eurobeat soundtrack plays
A bandit state lying in the Center of the Southern Hylian Continent.
Raiding, destruction, partying are all part of the program.
The World is one where the three timelines have merged a while ago, but tensions have risen.
OOC: Check out the Pocket Guide for a better F7
NS stats have been beaten up and gotten their wallets taken, they don't count.

"Having some political Ideology is in no way a replacement for having a personality" - General Onox
Ask questions here

Anti-Realism Gang! Putting Real Life stuff in here is disgusting at a conceptual level!

Karazicu
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby Karazicu » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:23 pm

cliche: sumnerposters
also cliche: anime flag (they're very bad and stink)
ESAK
INDEPENDENT STATE OF KARAZICU - ANEKARTITO DRSAVA KARAZIA
ΕΣΑΚ
14:26:12
"Με Εργατη, Αγροτη, και πρωτο τον Στρατιωτη."
 ΚΕΡ:  Αντιμετωπιζουμε τεχνικες δυσκολιες. Παρακαλω αναμεινατε...

Summary: When anarchy struck a Mediterranean island, its military & police took over in a junta, making a new order to prevent it by any and all means.
My Name: funny serbian war criminal xdd
Flag: jc3 reference

new lore and it's just a bunch of blue flowers
tgs open

Neo-Western East Korea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Neo-Western East Korea » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:25 pm

cliche: clichés
What the Hell is a Myaku?:
Time system inspired by(copied from- since i'm still in the early stages) Swatch Internet Time.
1 day is 1000 Myaku, 1 Hour is 41.6 Myaku, 1 Myaku is 1.26 minutes. To get the time in Myaku, do (3600(hour) + 60 (minute) + seconds) divided by 86.4

The Onox Legion
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Onox Legion » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:26 pm

Cliche:
The World is one where the three timelines have merged a while ago, but tensions have risen.

"Having some political Ideology is in no way a replacement for having a personality" - General Onox
Ask questions here

Anti-Realism Gang! Putting Real Life stuff in here is disgusting at a conceptual level!

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:34 pm

Karazicu wrote:cliche: sumnerposters
also cliche: anime flag (they're very bad and stink)

Hello based department?

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:38 pm

the funny eastern european numbers man sneaking into your tg's and asking what the first ten numbers are called in your nation's conlang even if you don't have one or post often in the forums he will find you and ask for the numbers
The Germanian Empire | "Unser Vaterland, Herrscher der Asche..."
Factbooks | Music | Tech Level: PT/FanT | Current Year: 1943 UE (1958 AD)

In a strange world not so different from ours, a young empire stands in the heart of Europa. Born and forged in the fires of war, it is headed by an embittered Kaiserin and a camarilla of aging, scheming generals. Stretched to a breaking point and groaning under the stress and hubris of its past victories, the Fatherland stands on guard. But on the forefront of a new world, fighting a new war from without and within, will it survive?

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:15 pm

Vadterland wrote:the funny eastern european numbers man sneaking into your tg's and asking what the first ten numbers are called in your nation's conlang even if you don't have one or post often in the forums he will find you and ask for the numbers

They were persistent, too! They sent my main a tg asking for the first ten numbers in An’Kaz, and I was like “I literally RP their language as unintelligible gibberish… *I* don’t know what those things would be!”
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:17 pm

That dude has been doing this shit for nearly 10 years too.

I get that it's probably just a special interest he has but seriously.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

European Federation Reunified
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby European Federation Reunified » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:18 pm

Let's talk about the N-Day cliché: people sending their missiles totally at random, trying to hit nations that are allies or that have non-aggression pacts with their faction.
In addition, nations that must use their shields to remedy the inability of the former to know how to read the board of their faction.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:13 pm

NS nations that have more grounding in "realism" are basically only focused on RPing war, and maybe a diplomatic summit with 5 pages of "President So and So arrives" posts. Meanwhile, the only nations that are RPing anything else tend to be nations with more fantastical elements. I just want to be able to do a non-war RP without any non-humans or magical characters since that's jarring with my nation's lore and I have no interest in making fantastical elements canon.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Crimson Tree
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimson Tree » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:16 pm

Dayganistan wrote:NS nations that have more grounding in "realism" are basically only focused on RPing war, and maybe a diplomatic summit with 5 pages of "President So and So arrives" posts. Meanwhile, the only nations that are RPing anything else tend to be nations with more fantastical elements. I just want to be able to do a non-war RP without any non-humans or magical characters since that's jarring with my nation's lore and I have no interest in making fantastical elements canon.

Jokes on you, I have a fantastical nation and I'm RPing war
Subversion complete
Error: Unable to establish multiversal link.

Wallowis
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallowis » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:19 pm

Dayganistan wrote:NS nations that have more grounding in "realism" are basically only focused on RPing war, and maybe a diplomatic summit with 5 pages of "President So and So arrives" posts. Meanwhile, the only nations that are RPing anything else tend to be nations with more fantastical elements. I just want to be able to do a non-war RP without any non-humans or magical characters since that's jarring with my nation's lore and I have no interest in making fantastical elements canon.

Well, I don't rp war and I'm totally MT
All NS stats except for population related stats canon. Nation does represent my real life views always.*
*not Welfare.
My Politics
Wallowis now the head of Cylis Treaty and Arbitration Organisation. ULIBOR disbanded by Wallowis. Wallowis passes act of permanent neutrality. Survey shows people disinterested in global politics. Wallowis on the fence over entry into World Assembly. Economy stagnating, economists warn.
Hispida wrote:english is a rather tough language. you can learn it through tough thorough thought, though.

The Onox Legion
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Onox Legion » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:21 pm

Honestly, War RP seems only selectively fun.
Was in one that got cancelled because one of the organisers retconned his own start so hard that it didn't really continue, but the average II war seems quite unfun.

Ask questions here

Roedthaffen
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Roedthaffen » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:23 pm

Cliche: every interstellar state is a high-tech Post-star-trek level tech but somehow still has a scarcity problem and has at least 1 Planetkiller
People's Commonwealth of Tsone
What if Chinese fishermen and refugees got lost and ended up in South America? You get Tsone.
I will mold my NS Stats to reflect my nation.

The Onox Legion
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Onox Legion » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:24 pm

Roedthaffen wrote:Cliche: every interstellar state is a high-tech Post-star-trek level tech but somehow still has a scarcity problem and has at least 1 Planetkiller

Yeah, the interstellar nations having scarcity is always weird, though that's a general problem with sci-fi

Ask questions here

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:26 pm

The Onox Legion wrote:Honestly, War RP seems only selectively fun.
Was in one that got cancelled because one of the organisers retconned his own start so hard that it didn't really continue, but the average II war seems quite unfun.

and then you have that one guy who went from banned marriage threads to invading Scandinavia every monday
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Crimson Tree
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimson Tree » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:28 pm

The Onox Legion wrote:Honestly, War RP seems only selectively fun.

My war RP has no tech limit and has devolved into two of my allies literally systematically exterminating our enemy's entire population while we try to stop them and win the war. Fun.
Error: Unable to establish multiversal link.

Roedthaffen
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Roedthaffen » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:28 pm

The Onox Legion wrote:
Roedthaffen wrote:Cliche: every interstellar state is a high-tech Post-star-trek level tech but somehow still has a scarcity problem and has at least 1 Planetkiller

Yeah, the interstellar nations having scarcity is always weird, though that's a general problem with sci-fi

"We have enough resources to build a copycat Death Star the size of football field but not enough resources or manpower to feed all of our citizens despite our tech being already exotic enough to create anything out of thin air!"
People's Commonwealth of Tsone
What if Chinese fishermen and refugees got lost and ended up in South America? You get Tsone.
I will mold my NS Stats to reflect my nation.

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:31 pm

Jokes on you, I'm in the "realistic and boring gang" with no war RP 8)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7