NATION

PASSWORD

The New Gotham: Superhero RP OOC (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

The New Gotham: Superhero RP OOC (OPEN)

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:37 pm

CO-OP: Doughertania
The Flutterlands

IC

This stems from an idea of mine for there to be a casual Gotham and DC Universe rp with only loose structure and plenty of room for subplots to be developed. Essentially this is Create Your Own Superhero set in Gotham with all the heroes and villains of Gotham and DC available to be used as characters. Great leeway will be given so that portrayals of characters are almost entirely up to the roleplayers and roleplayer made characters will be accepted (under great scrutiny of the OP and Co-Ops). In addition, some superheros from other universes may be accepted so that you could play your favorite Marvel hero if he is deemed appropriate.

A New Gotham: Superhero Rp
Gotham City is a gritty city. Decades of reliance on industry left the city unprepared for a recession a decade ago, and the slums expanded incredibly to accommodate the new unemployed. Crime and corruption is at an all time high, and even with a recent boom in the industry as many companies including Gotham's Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp from Metropolis have expanded, the slums are not getting better. Shadowy figures rule a mysterious underworld in which very few survive. The police are stretched thin despite being one of the best funded forces in the country due to the philanthropy of some of the city's wealthiest. All this, however, may change. An election is not far off in which a new mayor could potentially make a change for the better, or the worse. With no notable contenders it seems likely that the current mayor, Samuel "Sammy" Chapman, will continue to serve, but in Gotham the right money in the right places could change that. There are plenty of shady opportunists who could take advantage of this, plenty of murderous sociopaths that wander the street, and plenty of criminal organizations who would happily through money around if it suited their purposes. Luckily, there are also vigilantes prepared to answer the call.

Rules
  1. This is a casual and free-form roleplay. Players can take liberties with portrayal, and the objective is simply to have fun.
  2. Courtesy rules are in effect. You are expected to lose some fights and you are not invisible.
  3. Be civil in the OOC.
  4. Keep the OCC out of the IC.
  5. All Nationstates rules are in effect. Keep it PG-13... well err... Just don't do anything the mods would find objectionable.
  6. The OP and any Co-Ops are the word of God.
  7. If you are creating your own character, try not to create characters that would feel out of place among those Batman usually combats. In Batman's Gotham the actual superpower is rare with many criminals just being incredibly crafty.
  8. Use the app below.
  9. Character limit of 3.
  10. 5-7 Lines Minimum.
  11. One warning on Godmodding.

App
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Side (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Government, etc.):[/b]
[b]Appearance and Personality:[/b]
[b]Abilities and Weapons (Recommended to be as descriptive as Possible):[/b]
[b]Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"):[/b]
[b]Biography (4-5 Line Minimum, unique characters should have backstories, Marvel Characters should have an explanation):[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b]

Name: Jervis Tetch
Alias: Mad Hatter
Side: Villain
Appearance and Personality:Mad Hatter is obsessed with Lewis Carroll and suffers from various mental illnesses. He is often immature or childish and may stutter or utter nonsense syllables in times of trouble. He is also an idealist who tries to live his fantasies by forcing them upon others with mind control. Mad Hatter has also shown a fixation on hats and girls that bear a resemblance to what he believes Alice looks like, even believing them to be the fictional character. He may appear extremely protective of both his hat and his “Alice”, but his unpredictable and delusional nature makes him very dangerous and several of his abducted girls have had serious injury inflicted upon them.
Abilities and Weapons:
Genius: The Mad Hatter is very intelligent and able to devise clever schemes and traps though he is also irrational due to his mental illness. This intelligence has lead him to develop various mind control devices often in the form of hats. He usually carries a revolver and may occasional use smoke to escape or confuse enemies.
Weakness(es): Mad Hatter suffers from several mental issues including Paranoid Schizophrenia and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He is highly delusional and unstable and prone to erratic outbursts. He also is small of stature and not the best combatant though he can hold his own in a fight. Perhaps his greatest weakness is the obsession he has for his hat, willing to go through extreme danger and even gravely injure himself to save his hat. Without his hat he becomes enraged and completely breaks down.
Biography:Jervis Tetch spent his childhood in the literature of Lewis Carroll rather than socialize with other children who bullied him. Growing up in a middle class family and in relative comfort, his life was relative uneventful and he was noted as a brilliant neural scientist at Wayne Enterprises. After the high-school daughter of his hostess of the boarding house he was living with at the time convinced him to participate in the bombing of the school's baseball team, he began[url][/url] to rapidly deteriorate into schizophrenia. Jervis lost his job and his mind began to fixate on the stories that had been such a strong part of his childhood. He began to believe he was the Mad Hatter and became completely delusional. Soon he began his abductions while searching for the perfect Alice. After his first abduction he was greatly dissatisfied with the girl's failure to preform the way he had hoped, and released her, shaken, in a park from which she returned home and reported the event. This officially put Tetch on Batman's radar and he began to use mind control devices in all future abductions. After a confrontations with Batman and incarcerations at Arkham from which he escaped, the Hatter is free again.

Accepted Characters
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:20 am, edited 49 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:39 pm

Tag I'll make a app soon.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Togeria wrote:Tag I'll make a app soon.

Cool. I wanted to try something different.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:46 pm

I gonna make my own character.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Togeria wrote:I gonna make my own character.

Sounds promising.

Hmm...

We don't even have a Batman... yet. :p

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Togeria wrote:I gonna make my own character.

Sounds promising.

Hmm...

I'M BATMAN.

....Sorry, I just wanted to say that.
behold, a signature.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:Sounds promising.

Hmm...

I'M BATMAN.

....Sorry, I just wanted to say that.

See. I actually think I could play Batman, but I'd prefer not to.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:23 pm

Well I'm certainly not taking Batman. But I'll look into making an app at least.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Rupudska wrote:Well I'm certainly not taking Batman. But I'll look into making an app at least.

If worse comes to worst, I'll play Batman, but that would be worse come to worst.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Name: Van Zant
Alias: Blitz Bolt
Side: Hero
Appearance and Personality:

Abilities and Weapons:
  • Enhanced Speed: A chance-run in with a set of mobsters Zant was attempting to apprehend as a street-level hero led to him being forcibly injected with an experimental drug, Velocity 11, which is supposedly a stable successor to Velocity 9 and 10. The gang was moving their supply through the Gotham Underground until Van Zant attempted to thwart them. Facing them alone, he was quickly overwhelmed, and made to be their guinea pig to see if the serum really worked. It did, allowing Zant to rapidly turn the tables on his foes. He turned the thugs into the proper authorities, and surprisingly, kept his enhanced speed permanently.
  • Peak Human Condition: Prior to being injected with V11, Van Zant was a well-trained, yet hot-headed martial artist whose distinctive, street-based style cast him a different light than the professional fighters who used a standardized style. To Van, this seemed dull and predictable, while his own mish-mash of martial arts responded to your average street brawler more effectively and introduced an unpredictable element into the ensuing fights.
Weakness(es): Despite his speed, Zant is only at a peak human durability, and the extra motion requires him to have a very large caloric intake daily, meaning he's constantly eating or stuffing his face. Although his fighting style has advantages, an even more well-trained and experienced opponent can school him. His super speed is ineffective without friction, in other words, he can legitimately slip on ice and render his enhanced speed ineffective.
Biography:
Van Zant grew up showered with the sights and sounds of heroes in Gotham - ignoring the rather drab lifestyle he and his parents led as impoverished factory workers in order to focus on what Batman and Robin were doing every night on the evening news. He aspired to be like them - a moral, justified do-gooder who never backed down at a single point, and stood steadfast to their beliefs, even if it meant their lives were on line. Van would grow up using these teachings - as well as the more violent side of the hero lifestyle - to solve his problems through school.

Never particularly bright, he was picked on through high school for his devotion to Batman and heroes like him - reading about others, like Superman, earning him the nickname "Fangirl" in the process. Regardless, he committed himself to a training regimen and enrolled in self-defense classes to further admire and imitate his idols, turning to masked vigilantism once he felt satisfied in his abilities. His first few nights were slow, and what crimes he did stop, he managed to get punched and beat up in the process - unlocking a major component of the hero lifestyle: defeat. Many would put up their costumes and call the adventure over, but not Van, no sir, he put that ski mask back on over his black eye the next night and limped out of his parent's apartment to save the day - someone's day, anyones.

From the first string of defeats, Van Zant survived and got better - eventually becoming competent and engaging several hoodrats at once. Crime on his local block began to fall, the newspapers running a short snippet on the "Down Street Defender", a masked man who fought the local purse snatchers and drug peddlers off of his turf. As he gained recognition, Van Zant planned out his biggest bust yet - the one that would forever mark him with powers and almost cost him his life in the process. With information he received from a drug dealer-turned-informant, the Down Street Defender learned of a shipment of stolen, illegally manufactured pharmaceuticals heading through the sewers and underground of Gotham. After a night of scouting, Van Zant found where the gang stashed their goods.

He ambushed a group of ten men watching over the crates - taking about three down before he himself was too far damaged to go on any further. Face down, broken and bloody, Van heard the chambering of a pistol round at the base of his skull, and waited for a loud bang with his eyes clamped shut. One of the gang members stopped whoever had the pistol to Van's head in favor of a better alternative: test the product on him. Van was jabbed with two syringes worth of the pinkish liquid, the fluid feeling like fire coursing through his veins, but suddenly giving him a spike in energy. He believed it to be heroin from the effects - but that was quietly put to bed as Van stood up in a nanosecond, punching one hoodlum and kicking another in that same nanosecond, and eventually dispatching the entire crew. He wasn't sure exactly what they shot into his system at the time, but it gave him the speed and edge needed to be the hero Van always wanted to be.

He alerted the authorities to the cache of drugs, who had it promptly destroyed, and arrested the small-timers who were caught trafficking it. From then on, Van adopted a new persona and operated city-wide for the greater good of Gotham - becoming Blitz Bolt, owing to his speed and abilities. His identify is relatively safe, as he's just a small time shop worker by day and generally a nobody, so he hardly worries about it. His parents moved to some cottage in Canada when he moved out four years ago, so it's just Van at home, giving him all the time in the world to plan out his heroic deeds and actions.

RP Sample: Wrote this yesterday.
Last edited by New Neros on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:07 pm

I forgot to put rp sample on the app. Please add it and I'll add it to the app.

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Tag!
5.)Total peace, no conflict, total harmony and no real need for military
4.)Heightened security, spying agencies pick up the effort a little
3.)Air and Space forces are prepared to mobilize within 15 minutes
2.)Entire military can deploy within 3 hours of command, some small conflicts may be happening.
1.)War has begun, parts of the military or entire military are actively fighting
0.)War has reached a peak, entire military is mobilized, nuclear warheads and other WMDs have been launched.

Current DEFCON: 4
THIS NATION IS FT/FFT/FanT. IT DOES NOT USE NS STATS.
Political war in Polaria 2: WON
Nomad War: WON
First Separatist War: WON
Second Separatist War: In progress
First Fascist War of Demalia: Withdrawn due to internal affairs

Proud Leader of the COD. TG for info!

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Name:Theodora Cathaway
Alias:Snake Eyes
Side (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Government, etc.):Anti-Hero
She has a cold, introverted, and manipulative. While she claims to fight...well more kill for good she has no qualms offing anyone for extra cash.
[b]Abilities and Weapons (Recommended to be as descriptive as Possible):
She wears a custom made suit designed to blend in better with the shadows. She always 14 daggers which she carries in small pouches on her leg, her boots are designed to absorb the shock of falls nearly 30ft high as well as thrusters on the bottom to give her a extra foot of air.
Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"): She is very cocky in her ability causing her to to open her self up to someone who can pay close attention.
Biography (4-5 Line Minimum, unique characters should have backstories, Marvel Characters should have an explanation):
Born to a middle-class family, Theodora wold be lying if she said she never appreciated the things her family did for her, her father often working long hours to support the household. Always a dangerously curious girl when she was 13 she found out her father been a member of an organization known as Queen Anne's Gully. Initially not knowing of the groups existence she spent hours trying to find out the origins of the organization. After a week of research she found her house dark, her father the only one there, it would be here her father would tell her of the groups origin, about how they existed since the dawn of pirate age, about how their goal was simple acquire coin by any means. Of how they played instrumental roles in breaking empires, aiding dictators, and even causing global war for the simple prospect of money. Feeling applaud at the groups origin and goal, she found herself getting enticed as to simply get closer to her father, to feel wanted and needed by him like she had for so many years. It would be with this she would become a member and undergo training to be come an elite member of the group.

RP Sample:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=326457&hilit=arco+rose&start=200

Hope you don't mind making up a group, I can change it if you want.
Last edited by Togeria on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:I forgot to put rp sample on the app. Please add it and I'll add it to the app.

Sample added.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:41 pm

New Neros wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:I forgot to put rp sample on the app. Please add it and I'll add it to the app.

Sample added.

Very nice accepted.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Togeria wrote:Name:Theodora Cathaway
Alias:Snake Eyes
Side (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Government, etc.):Anti-Hero
Appearance and Personality: She has a cold, introverted, and manipulative. While she claims to fight...well more kill for good she has no qualms offing anyone for extra cash.
[b]Abilities and Weapons (Recommended to be as descriptive as Possible):
She wears a custom made suit designed to blend in better with the shadows. She always 14 daggers which she carries in small pouches on her leg, her boots are designed to absorb the shock of falls nearly 30ft high as well as thrusters on the bottom to give her a extra foot of air.
Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"): She is very cocky in her ability causing her to to open her self up to someone who can pay close attention.
Biography (4-5 Line Minimum, unique characters should have backstories, Marvel Characters should have an explanation):
Born to a middle-class family, Theodora wold be lying if she said she never appreciated the things her family did for her, her father often working long hours to support the household. Always a dangerously curious girl when she was 13 she found out her father been a member of an organization known as Queen Anne's Gully. Initially not knowing of the groups existence she spent hours trying to find out the origins of the organization. After a week of research she found her house dark, her father the only one there, it would be here her father would tell her of the groups origin, about how they existed since the dawn of pirate age, about how their goal was simple acquire coin by any means. Of how they played instrumental roles in breaking empires, aiding dictators, and even causing global war for the simple prospect of money. Feeling applaud at the groups origin and goal, she found herself getting enticed as to simply get closer to her father, to feel wanted and needed by him like she had for so many years. It would be with this she would become a member and undergo training to be come an elite member of the group.

RP Sample:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=326457&hilit=arco+rose&start=200

Hope you don't mind making up a group, I can change it if you want.

Neutral on that, but I'll accept the app.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Name: Interplanetary Drone Mk 7163R Unit 98N743R8 Lucina Wilkensen
Alias: Hurricane
Side: Hero
Appearance:
link
also link
also also link
also also also link
Personality: Puts on a composed and dignified aura while behind the mask, but without it, her true nature comes out. Lucina is somewhat excitable, and relatively easily talked into something so long as it doesn't involve politics or religion. Usually fairly relaxed. Very difficult to get drunk due to her not technically having a stomach.
Abilities:
  • Bio-metallic physiology: Her entire body is made of a malleable, living metal, with an 'uncontrolled' consistency like that of mercury. Bullets can pass through her easily, but the mass quickly reform. Includes superhuman strength and speed, though she is neither as strong as Supes nor as fast as Flash. She can shapeshift her entire body, however she cannot fully change her appearance past being recognizable as herself. She can, however, turn into a pile of goo to escape tight spots if she must, but it takes some time for her to reform.
  • Werecat Physiology: Lucina can transform into a weretiger. This increases her strength in exchange for a modest decrease in speed.
  • Aerosol Manipulation: She can manipulate impurities in the air, from particles as large as hailstones to ones as small as droplets of water. She can use this to ride a cloud through the air, which she often does while in uniform, and to fly using particles to carry her.
Weapons: A big metal rod about five feet long. Composition unknown, but it is incredibly durable. Has a speared point.
Weakness(es): She can only use one of her powers at a time. She can't shapeshift while in werecat form, she can't manipulate aerosols while parts of her are shapeshifted either. Likewise she cannot manipulate aerosols while in werecat form. (However, she can fly while shapeshifting or in werecat form, as this takes little effort). Her bio-metallic body cannot duplicate inorganic material (or material not part of her physically), so she'll need to find clothes when she reforms as well.
RP Sample: hhhhehehehehehehehe

Will finish later. Also, OP, I would advise against letting anyone play villains unless you already know them well.
Last edited by Rupudska on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:09 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Name: Interplanetary Drone Mk 7163R Unit 98N743R8 Lucina Wilkensen
Alias: Hurricane
Side (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Government, etc.): Hero
Appearance:
link
also link
also also link
Personality:

Abilities:
  • Bio-metallic physiology: Her entire body is made of a malleable, living metal, with an 'uncontrolled' consistency like that of mercury. Bullets can pass through her easily, but the mass quickly reform. She can shapeshift her entire body, even changing appearance, though she prefers not to change appearance.
Weapons: A big metal rod about five feet long. Composition unknown, but it is incredibly durable.
Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"):
RP Sample:

Will finish later. Also, OP, I would advise against letting anyone play villains unless you already know them well.

I've done this before. I am a veteran of CYOS and several Batman rps. You can let villains play themselves. Thank you for your concern.

I will however carefully review any Batman or Joker apps.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Tag

Lynion
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lynion » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Name: Dr Madog Desmond
Alias: ‘The Doctor’ or ‘Ryan Evans’ as a normal name
Side (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Government, etc.): Villain

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rrNRp-de--/18y40nwsh66y6jpg.jpg
But with a bowler hat when he isn’t infecting people.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 61e21c.jpg
His costume as the Doctor.

Personality:

Slightly insane, cool and calm when not stressed out, calculating and intelligent that he can plan out his own plans and maintain an effective mafia group for himself. He has no love for money but desires to ‘free’ the population from their trapped minds but infecting them with various drugs and toxins. He has no issues killing anyone both civilians, mobs, police and heroes. He may see villains as a threat unless otherwise informed.

Abilities and Weapons (Recommended to be as descriptive as Possible):

High intelligence capabilities, immune to all toxins and drugs and enhance agility. Extreme knowledge of drugs and toxins and the ability to create what he dreams. One semi-automatic pistol SIG Saucer 1911 Centrefire Pistol, one Combat Tomahawk and two hidden gas chambers under his arms that can be sprayed into someone’s face by using pressure points at the wrist. In addition, he also has four gas grenades on his belt. Each gas grenade contains toxins that can infect a wide area.

Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"): Poor fighter. Even though Madog Desmond is in excellent physical shape to out run most people, he has poor hand to hand fighting abilities and limited firearms abilities. During a fight, Madog either runs from the fight, uses his personal sidearm or his tomahawk, or infects his target with a lung full of deadly toxins that can either send the person insane, hallucinate or kill the target.

Born to a lower class family, Dr Madog Desmond was once a brilliant and talented chemist and produce a wide range of hospital drugs and pharmacy drugs. He was a leading man in producing the next generation of drugs that were set to help people both in the hospital and from a pharmacy. Sometime later, his wife and two kids were brutally murdered during a shootout between The Mob and The Police. On the brink of suicide, Madog accidentally consumed one of his new drugs that caused him to go slightly insane.

Shortly after, he vanished. A few months later, he reappeared and came under the name of ‘The Doctor’. At first, he robbed a few jewelry stores by using a toxin that would kill the people inside and contaminate the store for several hours after he was gone. It would result with several dead policemen. Afterwards, he became responsible with producing a wide range of hard and soft drugs to the slums to create anarchy and a source of income.

During his time in the Underworld, The Doctor created his portion of the Underworld and took a large slice of the drug trade for himself. To secure his position in the Underworld, he first killed off the mobsters that were responsible for the death of his wife and children. For the policemen, he unleashed an insanity toxin that sent them insane enough to kill each other. Outside the police station, he left a note in red spray paint, “The Doctor is in.”

After securing his position in both the Underworld and infecting fear into the police, he was able to create his attempt of a growing mafia.

RP Sample:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=339886
Last edited by Lynion on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Indeed" Merlin replied, remaining in shadow "Emotions give people more power than they could possibly image. Emotions can turn the tide of battles with a single heroic act, help beat back even the strongest enemy. Emotions are what keeps us going in our hour of need. Hope, and trust in our friends. What Rathma did, he did because he had emotions, not because he had a lack of them"

Merlin, Ustio North - Origins of a Hero

RP's with a population of 5bn

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:58 pm

You have my interest

Name: David Arnid
Alias: Rumble

Personality: David's time spent inside of his robotic form has changed his personality immensely, now believing that he is his Alias and he has forgotten who he was. Rumble is a cold, calculating and ruthless criminal, and is well known for his well placed witty lines during his many heists.
Abilities and Weapons (Recommended to be as descriptive as Possible): Rumble is equipped with his life support suit, which doubles as his armour. With his armour, is his super-sized pistol, the barrel of which is actually the barrel of a Tank's Gun. Rumble's armour gives him the ability of limited flight, as well as this, Rumble's arms can change into piledrivers, which when used against the ground can cause foes to lose their balance.
Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"): Rumble, while on the outside a robot, is on the inside just a human, and must stay in the suit to live. The Armour on the bottom of his feet and at the bottom are the weakest parts of the armour. Rumble's flight ability consumes extra energy, so cannot use it too much without refueling. Rumble requires refuelling, on average, about once every 3 days.
Biography (4-5 Line Minimum, unique characters should have backstories, Marvel Characters should have an explanation): Ten years ago, David Arnid was an engineer who was extremely skilled and had a bright future ahead of him. On contract from the military, he had been working on a metal suit that the army could use to break enemy lines, and had built a prototype that had limited flight abilities, a pair of piledrivers on each arm that could be retracted in favour of arms and hands at will and a super-sized pistol with the barrel of a tank gun. Driving his car on his way home one day, a truck crashed into his car, causing David to be paralyzed. Realizing that this could be his opportunity to see if disabled people could be used in the military in these vehicles, David got his co-workers to build a life-support system tailored for him inside the suit. When David finally entered the suit, he felt incredible power and was changed. He went to the military showing them what he had done and asking them for support on it, but they declined. Infuriated and running out of money and favours to keep his suit running and him alive, David turned to crime to keep himself alive, stealing fuel from oil refineries and even sometimes military bases, he adopted the Alias 'Rumble', in reference to the signature ability of his suit, to cause tremors. Over time, with less and less people referring to him as David, he twisted his personality to become his alias and leave behind his old life. Now, Rumble continues his quest for survival.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=347466#p25305377
Last edited by Reddogkeno101 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:14 am

Lynion wrote:Name: Dr Madog Desmond
Alias: ‘The Doctor’ or ‘Ryan Evans’ as a normal name

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rrNRp-de--/18y40nwsh66y6jpg.jpg

But with a bowler hat when he isn’t infecting people. A Reaper mask to cover his face when conducting his attacks.

Personality:

Slightly insane, cool and calm when not stressed out, calculating and intelligent that he can plan out his own plans and maintain an effective mafia group for himself. He has no love for money but desires to ‘free’ the population from their trapped minds but infecting them with various drugs and toxins. He has no issues killing anyone both civilians, mobs, police and heroes. He may see villains as a threat unless otherwise informed.

Abilities and Weapons (Recommended to be as descriptive as Possible):

High intelligence capabilities, immune to all toxins and drugs and enhance agility. Extreme knowledge of drugs and toxins and the ability to create what he dreams. One semi-automatic pistol SIG Saucer 1911 Centrefire Pistol, one Combat Tomahawk and two hidden gas chambers under his arms that can be sprayed into someone’s face by using pressure points at the wrist. In addition, he also has four gas grenades on his belt. Each gas grenade contains toxins that can infect a wide area.

Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"): Poor fighter. Even though Madog Desmond is in excellent physical shape to out run most people, he has poor hand to hand fighting abilities and limited firearms abilities. During a fight, Madog either runs from the fight, uses his personal sidearm or his tomahawk, or infects his target with a lung full of deadly toxins that can either send the person insane, hallucinate or kill the target.

Born to a lower class family, Dr Madog Desmond was once a brilliant and talented chemist and produce a wide range of hospital drugs and pharmacy drugs. He was a leading man in producing the next generation of drugs that were set to help people both in the hospital and from a pharmacy. Sometime later, his wife and two kids were brutally murdered during a shootout between The Mob and The Police. On the brink of suicide, Madog accidentally consumed one of his new drugs that caused him to go slightly insane.

Shortly after, he vanished. A few months later, he reappeared and came under the name of ‘The Doctor’. At first, he robbed a few jewelry stores by using a toxin that would kill the people inside and contaminate the store for several hours after he was gone. It would result with several dead policemen. Afterwards, he became responsible with producing a wide range of hard and soft drugs to the slums to create anarchy and a source of income.

During his time in the Underworld, The Doctor created his portion of the Underworld and took a large slice of the drug trade for himself. To secure his position in the Underworld, he first killed off the mobsters that were responsible for the death of his wife and children. For the policemen, he unleashed an insanity toxin that sent them insane enough to kill each other. Outside the police station, he left a note in red spray paint, “The Doctor is in.”

After securing his position in both the Underworld and infecting fear into the police, he was able to create his attempt of a growing mafia.

RP Sample:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=339886

On a mobile so I will add it later, but accepted.

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:17 am

Very interesting. Will join. Can you have more than one character?
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary
100 Equality, 93 Liberty and 29 Stability

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:33 am

World Anarchic Union wrote:Very interesting. Will join. Can you have more than one character?

I think it would be reasonable to be able to have a max of three. Preferably on different sides for balance reasons.

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:36 am

Personal Freedom wrote:
World Anarchic Union wrote:Very interesting. Will join. Can you have more than one character?

I think it would be reasonable to be able to have a max of three. Preferably on different sides for balance reasons.

Oh, that is good news . Now I can't decide which character to have...
I have in mind either Bane, Two Face or Red Hood. I am sure I will remember any time now another interesting Batman character.
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary
100 Equality, 93 Liberty and 29 Stability

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse