NATION

PASSWORD

RWC 35/RLWC 22 - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Taloren
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Taloren » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:29 am

Did the Ko-orenite rugby league federation really call the right number? Taloren? Not any of the actual rugby playing territories in the Constellation? The first thing the Taloreni Sports Board did was ring the Synephorans, and the second thing they did was get the toughest wrestlers from the steppe. Surely they had the right body type to play.

What is Taloren?
Taloren is a member of the Ko-orenite Constellation (the 'Ko-orenite Commonwealth') as a meritocratic territory located on cold steppes in Rushmore. Well, 'territory'? More like 'territories'.

What do you mean 'territories'?
Taloren is basically the collective noun for a long list of steppe peoples, loosely bound by four governments which themselves are loosely tied to four regions. There are:

The Taloreni Khanate, the one that started it all. Unifying the peoples from the steppe to form a sort of collective body of rules to make sure they would be less vulnerable - both in food safety as in defence. The Khanate is dominated by the Meltööröi, a people group with semi-permanent housing and even a semblance of a permanent capital in the form of Tsentsagaan. Other peoples and regions include Laruotlewat, the Khal, Imbak, and Evengamni.

The Talmagoren Nation, to its east, setting up semi-permanent shop along the many lakes and rivers there. Winters might be even harsher but there's far more opportunities to flourish the slightly milder summer, even allowing them to commit resources to agriculture. Fishing remains their main source of food. Five people groups together make up Talmagoren - from cold to freezing those are Mistikowaskîy, Seetka, Poropet, Saqsaarsuk, and Uummanmiut.

The Tarören Elayet, to the west and south of the Khanate, are by far the most organised and numerous. They have their own politics, foreign affairs, and the like, conducting business from their cities, where their culture flowers and spreads. They have as much influence on the other peoples of Taloren as they have on Tarören, and maybe even more than that. They are not concerned with the internal affairs, and that gap has been filled by the diplomatic Khanate. Tarören consists of a single people group - the Tarörenliler - but consider themselves spread along two provinces - sancak - by the names of Anarkan and Samana, with Anarkan more mountainous and rural, and Samana quite urban.

Terähören, with the lowest population, living along the coasts and frequently coming into contact with all other groups, are sometimes seen as the messengers of the bunch. Divided into two rough groups - the Haapme and Sillasi - they're mostly left alone as they pose little threat to any other group, but are nonetheless still invited to important meetings and events given their friendly relations with the others.

Sports in Taloren
Ice hockey has gotten popular given the huge number of lakes and ponds and the long, cold winters. In summer, it depends - Talmagoren is about canoeing and lacrosse and shares archery with Taloren, who also have plenty of wrestlers and equestrian sports. Tarören, as noted, do their own thing and have embraced more global sports like soccer, basketball, and volleyball.

Forwards
Wrestlers from the steppe. They're deceptively fast and tenacious tacklers. Not much in the way of passing skills.

First row
13 Uranbat (Meltööröi, Taloren)
12 Dölgöön (Meltööröi, Taloren)
11 Mönkhbat (Meltööröi, Taloren)

Second row
10 Nergüi (Meltööröi, Taloren)
9 Ankhbayar (Meltööröi, Taloren)

Third row
8 Temüülen (Meltööröi, Taloren)

Backs
The halves are 'rented' from Synephoren, another Constellation territory, as they're the only ones that the Taloreni could think of for actual technical on-ball skills like passing and kicking. The others are tough and from all over the rest of Taloren, all formidable athletes in their own right, but no rugby experience.

Halves
7 Lalema Enipes (Synephoren)
6 Talasa Anakainosis (Synephoren)

Wings
5 Memyl (Laruotlewat, Taloren)
2 Aputsiaq (Saqsaarsuk, Talmagoren)

Centres
4 Tyngagyrgyn (Laruotlewat, Taloren)
3 Qillaq (Saqsaarsuk, Talmagoren)

Fullback
1 Kenran (Khal, Taloren)

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:41 am

-
Nova Anglicana Rugby Union World Cup Roster

Nickname: Lions
Head Coach: Errol Anderson

Starting XV

1. Claude Belanger, loosehead prop, 30
2. Edouard Gagnon, hooker, 29
3. Sean Perkins, tighthead prop, 29
4. Charlie Robertson, lock, 25
5. Shane Peterson, lock, 27
6. Zachary Carroll, blindside flanker, 24
7. Joey Dawson, openside flanker, 30
8. Raphael Lavoie, eight-man, 27
9. Noé Lacroix, scrum half, 30
10. Jamie Wilson, 32, fly half
11. Bryan Holmes, weak-side (left) wing, 26
12. Brendan Cunningham, inside centre, 29
13. Matthew Lloyd, outside centre, 31
14. Charlies Rhodes, strong-side (right) wing, 32
15. Alexander Dussault, fullback, 31

Subs

16. Martin Price, wing, 22
17. Ross Burke, half, 24
18. Ian Bishop, centre, 23
19. Damien Gendreau, fullback, 23
20. Ryan Thibodeaux, first row, 25
21. Alain Petion, second row/loose forward, 24
22. Lee Woods, second row, 25
23. Elijah Caldwell, first row, 22

Kit (thanks to Fair Republic for link):

Should my opponent RP first, he/she may do the following:
Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
RP injuries to my players: Y, nothing serious
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y, only if you also give a red to one of your players
Godmod other events: N
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Elmyia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2022
Conservative Democracy

Postby Elmyia » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:38 pm

The Beaucester Gazette
Ragged Elmyia Cling On

Quintessence of Dust 9–17 Elmyia

It took no small measure of luck, a one player advantage and quick thinking from Dennison, but Elmyia's World Cup hopes remain (narrowly) intact. Far from convincing, and trailing for the majority of the match, Elmyia look like they will still manage to haul themselves out of a difficult group.

Slow and sluggish at points, Elmyia chugged along unhappily for the first 40 minutes. The forward pack had clearly improved, constricting the number of clear opportunities for the All Greys to push for the line. They did, however, give up a couple of penalties, De Villiers happily converting. Masoloni pegged three points back with a drop goal, but Elmyia still faced a narrow deficit going into the break.

The second half started scrappily, with neither side able to build any sustained pressure. The ongoing kicking battle did little to shift the needle either way, Elmyia's Johnston's targeted kicking seemingly going wayward and failing to get them on the front foot. De Villiers eventually made it 9-3 after Elmyia collapsed a scrum. At 58 minutes Palin looked concerned and the Elmyian travelling contingent had gone quiet. They seemed to be on the verge of having their tournament peter out. Two major changes came and turned the game around.

Firstly, the largely ineffective Rangolan and the misfiring Johnston were hooked for Gavalas and Layton. Secondly, the softest of yellow cards for Shozo Hamada. It will likely be debated how fair this was, the impact on replay doesn't look high enough to warrant it. What won't be debated is how well Elmyia made hay whilst a player up. With some semblance of momentum before the card, Elmyia made full use of the next ten minutes. Gavalas showed her continued worth, and auditioned well for selection against Baggieland and Darmen. Gangly and fast, she sometimes resembles a baby giraffe in her motion, but weaving and ducking she cut through and took Elmyia deep into the 22. With the numbers advantage, Elmyia pushed and pushed, Joan Tanner eventually hauling it narrowly over the line after 15 phases and resolute defence from the All Greys. Masoloni had no issues converting, 10-9.

Elmyia, with just a narrow advantage in the game, had ten minutes left to see out. Whilst QoD pushed with gusto, the gaps weren't appearing. Domi Layton made a persuasive case for his inclusion, receiving the ball as Elmyia finally won it out of the ruck, he split through the opposition with a well aimed, low kick. Picking up he was able to offload smartly to Dennison, who ran in to make it 15-9. Masoloni converted again and the game was settled.

Elmyia face the daunting task of taking on Baggieland next. Whilst they've become their bogey team in the football, Rugby is the throstles strength. This far undefeated, they're making all the right noises about taking Elmyia seriously. On a great day for Elmyia they could spring a shock, but it'll be an uphill struggle. Given this win, Elmyia will hope the inevitable defeat ultimately won't matter.
DBC 54 Champions

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017

Postby Port Ember » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:21 pm

Blog of The Crazy Nomad

Blog Series: Rugby Union World Cup 35.

Greetings my lovies!

I bid you all a hearty welcome / welcome back to my blog, detailing my adventures as I follow the Port Emberian National Rugby Union squad's campaign within the prestigious 35th rendition of the Union World Cup, hosted by the Republic of Darmen.

If you have not yet read my previous adventures from this trip, please do so! That's okay, I will wait patiently…

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 (You are here).

Okay then dearies, welcome back!

Blog Series: Riley's World Cup 35 Adventures

After our lads in Blue concluded their two opening victories against Maraonia and HUElavia respectively, I was fortunate to not have the need to have to travel to any other city, as the next scheduled match would also be played at the very same Elles Road Stadium in Upper Township.

I started exploring the streets, in search of good food and drink as is my custom, where I happened upon a gathered crowd known as the Travelling Buccaneers! For those of you who have not yet heard of them, they are the Official Fanclub of the Port Ember National Union Rugby Team. Allow me to inform you that these boys are the folk who can out-support, out-drink, out-party and out-crazy any living sentiment being. They are most known for attending games dressed in shorts, knee high combat boots and being shirtless, obviously. They are then body painted in the Port Emberian blue, which covers every centimetre of their exposed flesh. Individuals also tend to go a tad further than this basic gedup, for example some might wear long blue wigs, and brandish plastic Sabre swords. Some will also wear our national flag as a cape, and/or don a pirate hat, complete with an eye patch and I have even seen a parrot chilling on a shoulder or two.

The most famous accessory however is the trumpet. Possibly every 1 out of 3 Buccaneer brandishes this weapon of morale building. They are a LOUD bunch. And very, very passionate at being loud.

Despite the off the charts crazy factor, they are an important aspect of Port Emberian rugby, as they tend to inspire both the crowd and the players at all the right times. They are basically heros. Loud, blue, and a bit trashy, but heros no less

I was fortunate to meet up with my old mate Corey Telion amongst the crowd here. For those of my readers who do not know, Corey is the President of the Travelling Buccaneers, and according to local media, the most menacing menace around. He has been convicted of no less than 43 crimes, ranging from drunk & disorderly conduct, inciting riots, destruction of property, streaking, painting zoo animals, breaking in to jail, spitting on foreign flags, up to causing international incidents (something about defecating on a referee whilst overseas).

He has also openly confessed to being guilty of uniting, inspiring and multiplying the Port Emberian Rugby fan base.

I decided then and there to hang with the lads for a while, as I am a bit of a celebrity amongst this crowd, and I am not one to shy away from attention!

Without hesitation, the lads took me on a "hunt" - a journey to find any and every establishment which provides alcohol for sale, and basically try our very best to clear the entire stock, before moving towards our new "hunting grounds."

Fast forward a few hours into the darkest hour of the evening, one of the lads attempted to procure the services of a 'Lady Servant of the Night'. During his negotiations, he discovered that he somehow managed to…. urinate on said lassie… So he did what any true blooded Port Emberian would do in such a situation, and he attempted to use this fact as a bargaining tool, arguing that she was a 'damaged product', and thus he could not pay full price for the intended services. The enraged response caused quite the ruccus, as she slapped him as a reply, which made his face swell up like an ale casket. When the bouncers came closer to inspect the scene, the rest of the buccaneers got involved, and mass chaos ensued. Hell, even my perfect doll face left the club with a shiner. We were all rewarded additionally with a banned for life notice as well (that brings my tally of banned clubs to about 15 on the international scene).

Anyway, once back in my hotel room my notifications blew up, with folks tagging me in mentions from old friends - none other than the legendary Rugby Podcast known as Lots of Ruck, hosted by Zane Anthony and Ricky Gillingham. For my readers unfamiliar with these blokes - go and check out their podcast. Their podcast is world class, and those two can party with the best of us. I was informed that they are in-country as well, thus we will certainly make a plan to party it up together, and even sneak myself onto an episode. The only thing better than reading my blog is hearing my angelic voice!

This reminds me, I have not seen any activity from my mate Graham O'Doherty, from the best rugby blog on the net - Gaelic Gamers. If anyone knows whether he is here for the Cup, give me a shout!

Anyway, Fast forward again to the next morning, I made my way to the Stadium, dressed in my official work uniform - Combat boots, skinnies and my official Dragons™ supporters jersey. I will not lie, despite being riled with excitement, I was still very much drunk like a skunk, and halfish physically broken. Yet I soldiered on, our lads needed me!

World Cup 35: News from over there

Port Ember 45 - 00 Tanah Jaya

Right out of the gates, the Dragons launched rapid physical offensives, playing their standard tactic of using the powerful forward pack to smash into the defenders. Passing before being dragged to the deck was not a priority - smashing painfully into the opposition was, the harder the better. They continued to then fight to maintain possession in the ruck, recycle the ball deep to a flank, and then restart the process. The amount of phases did not concern the squad - the steamroller continued as long as it was allowed to, or until an overlap was created due to overcommitting at the ruck, where a fresh and waiting backline player would gain possession from a deep pass, and finish the job. That or the steamroller would eventually just bash over the forbidden white line. The opposition stood no chance, clearly not having prepared to counter this style of rugga, which came as no surprise, being debutants and all that.

In the second half, the wind picked up, transforming into serious gusts and gales, which effectively made tactical kicking impossible. This terrible weather lasted for the remainder of the match.

However the wind did not manage to slow down the onslaught brought by the Blue wave, with the tropical islanders refusing to let up, stringing in tries like an orphan swallowing free cookies. It was a slaughter.

Score Breakdown

Port Ember: 45

Tries:

#11 Trevelyan Garrard x 3
#10 Ryley Mićjo
#6 Ocean Heath
#8 Prescott Aleksandro

Conversions:

#10 Ryley Mićjo: 6/6

Penalty Kicks:

#10 Ryley Mićjo: 1/1

Drop Goals:

None

Substitutions:

None

Cards:

None

Injuries

None

Tanah Jaya: 00

Tries:

None

Conversions:

None

Penalties:

None

Drop Goals:

None

Cards:

None

Injuries

None

A quick sumerical looksie at our past matches

Match Day 1: Port Ember VS Maraonia (16—10)
Match Day 2: Port Ember VS HUElavia (20—00)
Match Day 3: Port Ember VS Tanah Jaya (45-00)

A quick wordsie from the Rugby Professor

The following segment was provided by a very good friend of mine back home, Victor Heglion, also known as the Rugby Professor. Here is his viewpoint on the tactical level of the unfolded game, from the Port Emberian perspective.

"Despite the fact that the Dragons have not really been challenged so far in this tournament, the lads seems to be completely on form. Remember, this is the very squad which brought home the third place medal during the last world cup, and are the reigning T8 Invitationals Champions, this they have experience and chemistry for days - and it shows. The fact that they have managed two shutout victories is proof enough. It's looking good!"

A quick looksie at the Next One!

Port Ember VS Nova Anglicana

Rankings-wise, the Lions are the second strongest team in this pool, following behind Ko-Oren, ranked 7th per multiversal rankings. They are having a decent campaign this far, losing 1 match but winning two.

This is a highly anticipated match, there are some rivalry blood between our two great teams, as our Dragons pulled off a shocking upset when booting the Lions out of the last World Cup during the Quarters, and then again defeating them in the T8 Invitationals.

That is all I have time for today, as I need to catch a flight. Thank you for reading!

Anyway… I need a drink.

Till we meet again my lovies!

The owner & author of this blog is one Riley Heglion.

Riley is a female Port Emberian, aged 22, hailing from Port Ember Megalopolis, Waterstad Borough.

Riley has earned her Anthropology Degree at the Lilly Black Memorial University, and has dedicated her life to the advancement of this field, studying and reporting on various cultures & sub cultures.

Her main focus of studies is world cuisine & beverages and the study of international rugby culture.

Riley considers herself a nomadic world traveller, with a passion for meeting new people and getting herself into all sorts of trouble and fun.

Riley also runs a sister blog, Riley's quest to achieve a food & drink orgasm, which focuses on all the food & drink she encounters on her world travels.
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:11 pm

Posted on the In Brief section of the QBS website.

de Villiers blames defence, efficiency, not injuries, officiating

All Greys captain said his team "needed to make their tackles" and put the blame for a disappointing 17-9 defeat to Elmyia on failing to convert scoring opportunities, rather than blaming the spate of injuries that has hit the team or questioning the officiating of the game. Darmeni referee Aodhagán Chancellor's decision to sin-bin Shozo Hamada for head-to-head contact was a talking point after the game, and the change in team balance unquestionably titled the game as a hithero lacklustre Elmyia took the lead while up a player, but de Villiers dismissed the idea it was a major factor. "Yellow cards are part of the game and we train to deal with those situations, we didn't execute our plans," he said. Hamada was shown yellow for a clearout on flanker Jan Wynn but the contact seemed shoulder-to-chest on replays. "You can look at a dozen slow motion replays and come up with a dozen interpretations, [Chancellor] made one and we have to live with that."

The All Greys were already a man down in a different sense after starting inside centre and first choice kicker Reece O’Kearny pulled up in training, later ruled out of the tournament with a groin injury, but de Villiers praised the play of Joël Robiquet, brought in as an emergency starting 13. de Villiers himself took over kicking duties against Elmyia and converted all three of his penalties, and said that with Robiquet, Aurélien Riqueti, and Tristan Bourgeois, who will start at scrum-half against Hannasea, all in the team, kicking duties were "well covered". "Reece is a big loss, we had a nice partnership," he said, referencing their 10-13* pairing, "But we have lots of talent in the squad and again, you expect to have to make these calls at a World Cup." de Villiers said World Cups were often decided by squad depth.

The game itself was not a classic for neutrals, dominated by kicking and not helped by Chancellor's fussiness at the scrum. With the ball in active play for just 28 minutes, the lowest of any of the All Greys' games to date, conditions should have suited them, but de Villiers blamed "missed tackles and defensive misalignment" for Elmyia's two late tries that hauled back the first half lead de Villiers's had given them. Outside centre Darren Holian missed a key tackle on game winner Lisa Dennison for the clinching try, and has been dropped, while Robby Teschner moves to the bench after a difficult day at full-back in which he spilled two high kicks and struggled to make an impact with ball in hand or on defence. Oliver Klemperer will come in at outside centre, while Robiquet, who showed flashes of class as a stand-in 13, keeps the shirt for another game in preference to Jason Bell, who looks likely to leave the tournament having made negligible contributions and with questions over why he was even brought to Darmen. Hamada also moves to the bench, though de Villiers stressed it was "not a punishment" but simply a case of squad rotation.
* In Quintessence of Dust, the inside centre wears 13.
Quintessence of Dust 9–17 Elmyia

Pen: de Villiers 21', 27', 56'
YC: Hamada 58'→68'
Try: Tanner 65', Dennison 70'
Con: Masoloni 65', 70'
Drop: Masolani 34'

Player of the Match: Lisa Dennison

Matchday 4 squad
Team: 15. Riqueti, 14. Chang, 13. Robiquet, 12. Klemperer, 11. Xie, 10. de Villiers (c), 9. Bourgeois; 1. Chan, 2. Meng, 3. Kasai, 4. Bozonnet, 5. Dalsgaard, 6. Gounelle, 7. Umeji, 8. Knarrarson
Reserves: 16. Edwards Hanselmann, 17. Hanselmann Rak, 18. Alard, 19. Hamada, 21. Gu, 22. Manoury; 22. Muckley, 23. O’Donoghue

Cody Edwards was named in the matchday squad but pulled out during the warm-up. David Hanselmann took over as replacement hooker, with Jelenko Rak being brought in as the reserve loosehead.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:32 pm

Posted on the Legally Distinct Themed Section of the Absolute Scrum Of The Earth blog.

Ones To Watch #2: JaTaveon Montgomery

"Can't tackle, can't kick, can run, a little." The youth rugby scout who whiffed on JaTaveon Montgomery may be up there with the A&R guy who wouldn't sign Hannasean rock legends Foxstorm because "guitar bands are going out of style". As he helped the Upper Niedewe Reds to this year's Ultimate Rugby title, JaTaveon Montgomery proved he could tackle, kick -- and run, a little. With the size to play second row and the speed to play wing, he's instead forged a path as a 10/12 playmaker, and the 22 year old's meteoric rise now has him in the starting squad for the Hannasean Hamsters' Rugby World Cup game against Quintessence of Dust.

Montgomery now plays in Upper Niedewe, but grew up in Butterfly City. If he takes the field against Quintessence of Dust he will become the first black player ever to wear the Hamsters' black-and-gold, and he's more than used to comments that he "should play basketball instead". "There was never any overt racism, thankfully, but I did sometimes get the sense of, what are you doing here," he says. But he's keen to earn his place as more than a token selection. "It would be great if some young black kids got inspired by watching me play," wrote the whitest RPer who has ever used these forums with no apparent sense of irony, uh, I mean, said Montgomery, "But I only want to be there if I'm the best rugby player, nothing else."

Right now, he possibly isn't. Before the tournament Montgomery, Jason Connor of the Greenville Mystics, and the New Blopping Magic Ants' Zack Redding were the favoured choices for fly-half: since kicking off against Valhalla, though, Connor has had the role locked down, kicking smoothly and offering excellent defence, two areas Montgomery admits he himself needs to work on. Redding has forged an excellent partnership with Connor, standing off him at 12, though he has failed to recover from his injury against Alice Bay in time for the match against Quintessence of Dust and will be replaced at inside centre by Ethan Lowe, giving Montgomery the chance to come onto the bench for the first time.

"I think my strongest position is at 10, but I'm happy to play at 12," says Montgomery, "Or 15, shit I'd play hooker if it meant a chance at representating the Guild Federation!" But he acknowledges Connor has the edge for now. "He's playing really well, I'm happy to learn from him," says Montgomery. Captain Jake Fletcher says that he's excited to see what Montgomery has to offer, but cautioned against overhyping the prospect. "Let's give the kid a little space before we put too many expectations on his back." Other matchday changes see Carter Evans take over at loosehead from Reece Scott, Toby Fisher into the second row as an injury replacement for Noel Hunter, and Justin Gibson getting a chance to start at 8 ahead of vice-captain Hunter Sacks, who admits his performances thus far "haven't been impactful enough".

Matchday 4 squad
Team: 15. Stevens, 14. J. Davis, 13. A. Davis, 12. Lowe, 11. Mitchell, 10. Connor, 9. Collier; 1. Evans, 2. L. Gibson, 3. Roberts, 4. White, 5. Fisher, 6. Madden, 7. Fletcher (c), 8. J. Gibson
Reserves: 16. Johnson, 17. Scott, 18. Duncan, 19. Stone, 20. Sacks; 21. Moore, 22. Montgomery, 23. Harman

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:41 pm

CUTOFF #4! RWC MD 4 and RLWC MD 3 scores coming right up.

RWC 35 MD 4

Group A
Port Ember 14–3 Ko-oren
Tangatarehua 28–3 Tanah Jaya
Maraonia 3–21 HUElavia

Group A Pld W D L PF PA PD 33+ LBP Pts
1 Port Ember 4 4 0 0 95 13 +82 1 0 17
2 Tangatarehua 3 3 0 0 77 21 +56 0 0 12
3 Ko-oren 3 2 0 1 36 28 +8 0 0 8
4 Nova Anglicana 3 2 0 1 39 17 +22 0 0 8
5 HUElavia 4 1 0 3 38 57 −19 0 1 5
6 Maraonia 3 0 0 3 21 69 −48 0 1 1
7 Tanah Jaya 4 0 0 4 17 118 −101 0 0 0

Group B
Kelssek 0–11 Quebec and Shingoryeo
Baker Park 13–12 Natanians and Nosts
Wanes 14–0 Aust Scor

Group B Pld W D L PF PA PD 33+ LBP Pts
1 Baker Park 3 3 0 0 51 24 +27 0 0 12
2 Quebec and Shingoryeo 3 2 0 1 40 8 +32 0 1 9
3 Natanians and Nosts 4 2 0 2 28 46 −18 0 1 9
4 Hundredstar 3 2 0 1 37 14 +23 0 1 9
5 Kelssek 4 2 0 2 34 21 +13 0 1 9
6 Wanes 3 1 0 2 20 38 −18 0 0 4
7 Aust Scor 4 0 0 4 9 68 −59 0 1 1

Group C
The Valhallan Union 0–30 Darmen
Elmyia 6–24 Baggieland
Hannasea 18–23 Quintessence of Dust

Group C Pld W D L PF PA PD 33+ LBP Pts
1 Baggieland 4 4 0 0 88 25 +63 0 0 16
2 Quintessence of Dust 4 3 0 1 74 35 +39 0 0 12
3 Darmen 3 2 0 1 62 10 +52 0 1 9
4 Hannasea 3 2 0 1 68 40 +28 0 1 9
5 Elmyia 3 1 0 2 30 57 −27 0 0 4
6 Alice Bay 3 0 0 3 10 67 −57 0 0 0
7 The Valhallan Union 4 0 0 4 10 108 −98 0 0 0

Group D
Acadiana 23–7 Ardsk
The Licentian Isles 7–6 Mali i Kuq
TJUN-ia 21–10 Abanhfleft

Group D Pld W D L PF PA PD 33+ LBP Pts
1 TJUN-ia 3 3 0 0 79 27 +52 1 0 13
2 Abanhfleft 4 2 1 1 79 44 +35 0 0 10
3 Acadiana 4 2 0 2 74 74 0 1 0 9
4 Mali i Kuq 4 2 0 2 42 54 −12 0 1 9
5 Lisander 3 1 1 1 42 30 +12 0 0 6
6 The Licentian Isles 3 1 0 2 24 53 −29 0 1 5
7 Ardsk 3 0 0 3 10 68 −58 0 0 0

RLWC 22 MD 3

Group A
Natanians and Nosts 14–8 Sky Reavers
Ko-oren 26–6 Balynland
Cardenao 20–4 Acadiana

Group A Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Ko-oren 3 3 0 0 55 24 +31 6
2 Natanians and Nosts 3 3 0 0 46 27 +19 6
3 Sky Reavers 3 2 0 1 40 32 +8 4
4 Cardenao 3 1 0 2 27 27 0 2
5 Acadiana 3 0 0 3 24 52 −28 0
6 Balynland 3 0 0 3 34 64 −30 0

Group B
TJUN-ia 21–9 Copper Cuprum
Sea Dome 8–4 Mali i Kuq
Ochre Islands 24–22 Taloren

Group B Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 TJUN-ia 3 3 0 0 55 18 +37 6
2 Copper Cuprum 3 2 0 1 38 27 +11 4
3 Ochre Islands 3 2 0 1 47 39 +8 4
4 Sea Dome 3 2 0 1 19 23 −4 4
5 Taloren 3 0 0 3 29 55 −26 0
6 Mali i Kuq 3 0 0 3 8 34 −26 0

Group C
MuMu 1–19 Darmen
Abanhfleft 28–0 Corporate City One
Quebec and Shingoryeo 7–7 The Valhallan Union

Group C Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Quebec and Shingoryeo 3 2 1 0 59 33 +26 5
2 Darmen 3 2 0 1 64 41 +23 4
3 Abanhfleft 3 2 0 1 65 23 +42 4
4 MuMu 3 2 0 1 42 42 0 4
5 The Valhallan Union 3 0 1 2 22 59 −37 1
6 Corporate City One 3 0 0 3 19 73 −54 0

*Tables prior to today did not accurately reflect the fact that head-to-head is the first tiebreaker, this has been corrected now.
Last edited by Darmen on Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:49 pm

Lisander A national rugby union team
The Barbarians

Rather than rounding up the Irises, The Lisander Rugby Union sends its "A Team", the Barbarians, to the Rugby World Cup 35 again. The Lisander Rugby Union is still somewhat reluctant to allow the Irises to return to the World Cup, due to the NSRB's demise¹. This move is supported by the big Pro12 teams, who don't feel obliged to release their players to the senior team, as well as the smaller teams that profit with the appearance of its players in the World Stages. Selected among the regional unions, Aligo Championship and Regional Tournaments, the 23 players under the guidance of invited manager Daniel Alfyn will try to establish themselves among the powerhouses once more. Despite the numbers assigned, Alfyn plans to test them the most possible, in all of the possible positions.

Roster:
Replacements
16 - Bruno Deventer - Prop
17 - Mariano Rodat - Prop
18 - Theo Guastaldi - Prop/Second Row
19 - Ricardo Rosset - Second Row/Flanker
20 - Lucas De Rosa - Scrum-Half/Fly-Half
21 - Felipe Sousa - Centre/Fullback
22 - Nuno Ferreira - Wing
23 - Lino Valente - Wing
Best XV
1 - Flávio Ricci - Prop
2 - Lucas Monteiro - Hooker
3 - Leonardo Heim - Prop
4 - Hugo Stresser - Second Row
5 - Fernando Carli - Second Row
6 - Daniel Costa - Flanker
7 - Samuel Grassi - Flanker
8 - André Branco - Number Eight/Flanker
9 - Julio Rodat - Scrum-Half/Fly-Half
10 - Mariano Luna - Fly-Half
11 - Pedro Loggi - Wing
12 - Marcelo Brax - Centre
13 - Nathan Canterville - Centre/Fullback
14 - Timothy Aronson - Wing
15 - André Rosario - Centre/Fullback

Uniforms:

Barbarians uniforms differ to those of the Irises, being striped in green and white instead of being solid green. For the second option, a purple jersey with navy stripes was chosen to make sure it won't clash with any other uniform. If nonetheless a clash is noted by the organization, other sets of uniforms can be requested.

Matchdays:
Group Stage
TBA
RP Permissions:
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
Injure my players: Yes
Godmod injuries: No
Sin Bin my players: Yes
Red Card my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes
Style mod: +4

¹: This is primarily an IC excuse. I wasn't able to develop what I wanted before the new RWC, so I'm just re-submitting the squad from last year's event.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:20 am

In between political affairs - too many to count, each gripping a part of daily life - and regional concerns, as well as economical fluctuations - mostly numbers going up but also with numbers going up there are consequences - some people are starting to wonder where the idyllic, slow archipelago went. Are you allowed to exist in a place without the expectation of spending money these days? While some have embraced modern times with their subscriptions, coffees, and avocado toast, not batting an eyelid at prices being charged for national park entry, or at the start of an orienteering or disc golf trail - these three things being the main outdoor hobbies.

Domestic tourism remains a pillar to the Ko-orenite economy. More disposable income for families has only strengthened that, and international tourists coming are also spending like never before. The Ko-orenites might not travel abroad too well, though the Anaian Summer is starting to becoming a thing - traveling to other (primarily Anaian) nations after high school or during university to work for a month and travel for a month. Trains from cities to nearby national parks are full on the weekends even with how they've managed to space visitors so places never feel too crowded - overcrowding leading to some areas getting overrun and polluted, despite everyone's best efforts. Urban parks, with all big cities having at least one adjacent to botanical gardens too, are also more popular than ever but those are even more susceptible to overpricing. Entry is free but any activity or place to sit comes with a few Koronas these days.

Some have responded to this by leaving their place in central-west Ko-oren behind to live on the west coast, or in the southeast, or anywhere in Ko-oren's eastern half. That slowly increases property and rent prices in those areas. How does Ko-oren accommodate a growing economy with more disposable income, with rising prices, a growing population, and a faster lifestyle?
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:22 am

Posted on the In Brief section of the QBS website.

All Greys hail unglamorous win, but kicking concerns linger

Quintessence of Dust's kickers sent five kicks wide of the posts to turn what should have been a more comfortable victory into a nerve jangler against Hannasea. Though the All Greys could point to dominance in all phases of the game, that didn't translate into points consistently enough as the loss of first choice kicker Reece O’Kearny loomed a little larger than it had in the previous game. Captain Ludovic de Villiers missed three of his four kicks in the first half before turning duties over, though both Aurélien Riqueti and Joël Robiquet also missed when given the chance. In the end, it was a missed kick on the Hannasean side that essentially settled the result, as a late try sparked hope for the Hamsters only for Jason Connor to miss with the conversion and leave them eight points adrift without time to compete for two scores.

The win was technically an upset, with Hannasea ranked higher than Quintessence of Dust, but the All Greys came in with the much superior pedigree compared to the Hamsters, and the result looked like being one way traffic when Yu Xie burst over after just two minutes, Riqueti hitting him with a wonderful long pass. But de Villiers, deputising as kicker since the loss of O’Kearny, missed a difficult conversion. He looked to have settled his nerves when he connected on his first penalty, and Riqueti struck an impressive long boot to send the lead to 11 unanswered points. Darmeni referee Josse Lévêque was fussy at the breakdown and did not appreciate the attentions of Hamsters' captain Jake Fletcher, sending him to the sin-bin after repeated warnings for going off his feet, but de Villiers missed two further kicks during the sin-bin period. Instead it was Hannasea who came away with the points advantage, 9 minutes deep into their one man disadvantage, as they kept a 13 phase play alive and finished through second row Chase White diving over from close range.

A half-time lead of 11-7 did not reflect the All Greys' dominance in the first half, and Riqueti missed another long shot to compound the problems, but Tristan Bourgeois settled nerves with a wonderful box-kick that Hamsters full back Liam Stevens badly misread, letting the ball bounce invitingly into the path of Robiquet, who showed a burst of speed to take it in for the score. While O’Kearny's loss has clearly dealt a blow to their place-kicking strength, the All Greys do look to have benefitted from getting the deft Robiquet into the line-up as a second attacking pivot, complimenting de Villiers's excellent vision and strength with some silky skills of his own. Bourgeois also slotted the conversion to give Quintessence of Dust breathing room at 18-7. Connor pulled back a penalty, but then Riqueti extended the lead back past two scores in a virtual mirror image of the first score, collecting a long pass from Xie and skipping over. Robiquet, the fourth Quodite kicker of the day, missed wide right.

The Hamsters had barely played inside Quintessence of Dust's 22 to that point, and it took a mixture of luck and skill to keep them alive. First, Lévêque sent Juichi Umeji to the bin for cynical use of hands on the floor. Then River Collier, Jason Connor and Justin Davis sparked a bit of magic with a swift line break and basketball-style hand passing to set up Fletcher, the skipper roaring with delight as he slid in for a score. That pulled the scores back to 23-15, and Connor's conversion would have put the Hamsters within a score of Quintessence of Dust with six minutes to play, four of them a man up. Yet the fly-half, who had not missed a kick all tournament, unaccountably pulled a less than difficult conversion wide. It left Hannasea 8 points adrift and meant that, when they won a penalty in added time, kicking for touch was no longer an option. To some confused boos, Connor opted for the posts, kicking a 51 yard penalty far more difficult than the conversion he'd earlier missed, though the tactical decision made sense as it gave the Hamsters a losing bonus point.

For Quintessence of Dust, there will be questions, but not panic, about the place-kicking. Bourgeois and Robiquet have both proven themselves dependable place kickers at domestic level and could take over from de Villiers, who has had an excellent tournament in all other aspects of the game. It's one of the curiosities of Quodite rugby that relatively few stand-offs are first choice place kickers, with scrum-half, inside centre and full-back being the more common kicking positions. But having navigated the easier half of the draw and heading into a bye week, they will need to regroup ahead of their crucial last two games against the big guns of Baggieland and Darmen, both of whom are excellent teams, and have proficient kickers in Tank and Mingo. Missing out on points will not be an option in the crunch games that will decide the All Greys' RWC fate.
Hannasea 18–23 Quintessence of Dust

Try: White 30', Fletcher 74'
Con: Connor 30', 74'
Pen: Connor 54', 80+1'
YC: Fletcher 21'→31'
Try: Xie 2', Robiquet 49', Riqueti 58'
Con: de Villiers 2', Bourgeois 49', Robiquet 58'
Pen: de Villiers 8', 21', 25', Riqueti 18', 44'
YC: Umeji 68'→78'

Player of the Match: Tristan Bourgeois

I would not normally include a disclaimer like this, but given recent 20 year old events I feel the need to clarify that QoD and Hannasea are both my puppets.
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:37 am

Blog of The Crazy Nomad

Greetings my lovies!

I bid you all a hearty welcome / welcome back to my blog, detailing my adventures as I follow the Port Emberian National Rugby Union squad's campaign within the prestigious 35th rendition of the Union World Cup, hosted by the Republic of Darmen.

If you have not yet read my previous adventures from this trip, please do so! That's okay, I will wait patiently…

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4 (You are here).

I found myself back within the city limits of Eau Claire after witnessing the smashing we fished out to the poor lads from Tanah Jaya, in the city of Upper Township, ahead of the most anticipated match of the group.
I kickstarted my day by joining the locals in a some impromptu street dancing, channelling my inner party animal spirit. Let's just say my tango may need a bit of work, but the locals are all smiles, and I steal a few hearts in the process.

I ended up at a local watering hole, where I introduced both locals and fellow travellers why I am known as the alcoholic nomad… With a little bit of rugby spirit in me, I headed to a nearby national park. The crystal-clear waterfalls and lush vineyards made for a postcard-perfect backdrop for my impromptu photoshoot.
At a local vineyard, I sampled award-winning wines and, let's be honest, my charm might have scored me a few extra bottles. After returning to the city proper, I danced the night away with a mix of fellow fans, locals, and a few other travellers.

The night was still young, and I was not ready to call it quits. A friendly local invites me to join a stargazing session at a nearby park. Under a canopy of stars, we share stories and, well, perhaps one too many shots of the local Firewater Whiskey…

Anyway, the following morning, I made my way to the Devon Street Stadium, dressed in my official work uniform - combat boots, skinnies and an official Dragons ™ supporters jersey.

Port Ember 14 - 03 Ko-oren

This was arguably the most anticipated match in the group, from the players, coaching teams, participating and non participating supporters alike. The reason for this is simple - on one side, we had the Ko-orenite Dragonflies, the strongest team in the group, the 2nd best team in the multiverse, as per Union Rankings, and generally just a team known to be quite legendary. 4 (!!!!) Times Rugby Union World Champions, and by far the best defensive team in existence.

On the other hand, we had the Port Emberian Dragons. If you are a proper supporter, or an avid reader of my blog, you would know the epic tales of our team's journey, all the massive highs and stunning lows.

Combine that with the fact that our two squads have had some epic clashes in the past, where we have lost both matches against them. The last game we played, things turned bloody - open fist fights led to our squad being slapped with 3 red cards. A dark day…

Thus, this match was seen by some to be a sort of a redemption / revenge match, as Port Ember needed, desperately so, to break their losing streak against these legends, before it become a 3-0 losing streak, and redemption for that terrible previous match, where, as I have mentioned, we received three red cards, after openly engaging in fist fights and dirty cheap shots. We needed to prove that we have matured from those ugly days, and are now true and honoured sportsmen.

And it turned out that this match was able to live up to the massive hype, and then some. The 26 000 seater Devon Street Stadium was a sold out affair, with roughly 18 000 Emberian Dragon supporter jerseys occupying the stands - a feature now common amongst our die hard supporters. 18 000 voices united as one in cheer when my personal hero, flyhalf Ryley Mićjo, snapped through a line break after winning their own scrum on the halfway mark, beating several defenders and plotting the ball down right between the posts, and then continued to convert it with his eyes closed. 18 000 voices united as one, in booing when #9 Xaneiro Santizo slotted over a penalty kick, awarded due to a rucking error on our own 22 line.

In the second half, 18 000 voices united in cheer once more when star winger Trevelyan Garrard kissed the try line after finding a gap, after 39 phases of attack in the opposition's 5 meter territory! These same voices erupted as one once more when Ryley "Golden Boots" Mićjo once again converted this difficult corner kick with ease.

Not only did we outplay the second best team in this tournament, we did so in style, and with sportsmanship. We have achieved both revenge and redemption in one swift swoop.

Score Breakdown

Port Ember: 14

Tries:

#10 Ryley Mićjo
#11 Trevelyan Garrard

Conversions:

#10 Ryley Mićjo: 2/2

Penalty Kicks:

None

Drop Goals:

None

Substitutions:

None

Cards:

None

Injuries

None

Ko-oren: 03

Tries:

None

Conversions:

None

Penalties:

#9 Xaneiro Santizo

Drop Goals:

None

Cards:

None

Injuries

None

Match Day 4: Port Ember VS Ko-oren (14-03)

The following segment was provided by a very good friend of mine back home, Victor Heglion, also known as the Rugby Professor. Here is his viewpoint on the tactical level of the unfolded game, from the Port Emberian perspective.

"Despite the fact that the Dragons have not really been challenged so far in this tournament, before this match that is, the lads seemee to be completely on form. Remember, this is the very squad which brought home the third place medal during the last world cup, and are the reigning T8 Invitationals Champions, this they have experience and chemistry for days - and it shows. They obviously proved that today against one of the greatest teams on the green today!"

Port Ember VS Nova Anglicana

Rankings-wise, the Lions are the second strongest team in this pool, following behind Ko-Oren, ranked 7th per multiversal rankings. They are having a decent campaign this far, losing 1 match but winning two. They have just had a bye weekend, thus they are also well rested for this titanic clash.

This is a highly anticipated match, as there are some rivalry blood between our two great teams, as our Dragons pulled off a shocking upset when booting the Lions out of the last World Cup during the Quarters, and then again defeating them in the T8 Invitationals.

That is all I have time for today, as I need to catch a flight. Thank you for reading!

Anyway… I need a drink.

Riley is a female Port Emberian, aged 22, hailing from Port Ember Megalopolis, Waterstad Borough.

Riley has earned her Anthropology Degree at the Lilly Black Memorial University, and has dedicated her life to the advancement of this field, studying and reporting on various cultures & sub cultures.

Her main focus of studies is world cuisine & beverages and the study of international rugby culture.

Riley considers herself a nomadic world traveller, with a passion for meeting new people and getting herself into all sorts of trouble and fun.

Riley also runs a sister blog, Riley's quest to achieve a food & drink orgasm, which focuses on all the food & drink she encounters on her world travels.
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.

The Valhallan Union
Attaché

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Valhallan Union » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:38 pm

"A draw. A bloody draw. In rugby league. Do you know how difficult that is to achieve?"

"Yes, Dad."

"Utterly stupid."

"...yes, Dad."

"And just what the hell kind of tactic did they think I was trying to get them to play in that last attack? Quebec and Shingoryeo were there for the taking, but no. It's like they were speaking another language to each other out there!"

"Well, to be fair to the non-Polarians, there's quite a lot of difference between the dialects someti-"

"Mm? Who said anything about the Lesser Valhallans? I was talking about the Kuril lads."

"...oh."

"Bloody backwater yokels. No wonder Max and Casper couldn't manage to get anything productive done out there."

"Well, I mean, if they'd mana-"

"What's this even all about, Erik?"

"Sorry?"

"What's going on over there in Franz Josef, anyway?"

"What do you mean?"

"Bloody... insisting we compete as a Union!"

"Oh. You mean Marylebone."

"What?"

"Marylebone. The VU is adminstered from Marylebone."

"Ha. Good one. I thought you were more intelligent than that, Erik. It's Lund. It's all Lund. It's always Lund."

"I didn't even think he liked the other nations that much to be honest, Dad."

"Well no me neither son, that's what's so confusing about the whole damn thing."

"So. What now?"

"Back to the drawing board, I guess. With a glossary of translations for the Kuril lads this time."

"Yes, dad."

"Erik?"

"Dad?"

"How did the cloggers get on?"

"Er... lost. Again. To nil ...again."

"Ha! Oh, well. There's always a silver lining..."
The Precarious Co-operative of The Valhallan Union - Pop. 67,250,000
Seat: Marylebone, The Fallenmark Islands - Demonym: Valhallan - Trigramme: TVU
“Lands of Ice, Hearts of Fire”
Bleak Rock - Cairnskillen - East Kulmsaar - The Fallenmark Islands - Polar Islandstates - Sint Karbijn

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:01 pm

Posted on the Legally Distinct Themed Section of the Absolute Scrum Of The Earth blog.

Ones To Watch #3: Seb Henderson

A frustrating defeat to Quintessence of Dust has set back the Hamsters' hopes for RWC35, but not decisively ended them. They still lie fourth in Group C and put a little distance between themselves and Elmyia courtesy of a late bonus point, the result of a late penalty from the boot of Jason Connor, responsible for an earlier miss -- his first of the tournament. Unfortunately, they now face the group's top seeds, Baggieland and Darmen, in bruising succession. And suiting up for at least the first of the two clashes with two of the strongest backlines in world rugby will be a new face to the team, and indeed squad, in Seb Henderson. Putting him at 15 for the Hamsters' biggest game in four years is a massive call. Liam Stevens began the tournament in fine style, with a try and a match award against the Valhallan Union, but struggled against the All Greys' kicking, including missing a kick that set up the second try of the match. He moves to the wing, replacing veteran speedster David "Not That One" Mitchell, who has had little impact at the tournament, and in comes Henderson.

Like most Hannasean fullbacks, Henderson is tall, at 6'4": traditionally in Hannasean rugby, tall kids who can play rugby are put at fullback, and tall kids who can't play rugby are put at second row. Henderson can play rugby, as he demonstrated for the Electro-Weasels in a brilliant debut season in Ultimate Rugby. With pace and size, a hand-off like a strong right hook, and decent kicking, the only real question was when he would pull on the black-and-gold, but debuting against the Throsties is still going to be a significant challenge. Henry Blackstone, David Davies and David Gunn have shredded opposition defences through the tournament while Vincent Tank is a formidable opposite number to face up against.

Henderson's primary test will be at taking the high ball. The Hamsters do not use the Darmeni dual fullback system, with Connor instead dutifully trotting around as first receiver, and so the pressure on the lone sweeper to field territorial kicks is particularly acute. Henderson's tackling will also be a big question. Brought in for his offensive bombast, he's not generally regarded as a major defensive presence. Then again, even playing here at a World Cup is a miracle, after a badly broken collarbone nearly ended his career before it had begun. Since recovering from the injury, he complains his baseball swing has never quite been the same -- he was an all-college left fielder -- but it doesn't seem to have harmed his rugby prospects. Henderson himself is modest, saying that he just wants to "compete against the best" and knowing that taking points of the Throsties will be an "awesome challenge".
Matchday 5 squad
Team: 15. Henderson, 14. Stevens, 13. Harman, 12. A. Davis, 11. J. Davis, 10. Connor, 9. Collier; 1. Evans, 2. L. Gibson, 3. Roberts, 4. Hunter, 5. White, 6. J. Gibson, 7. Fletcher (c), 8. Sacks
Reserves: 16. Dry, 17. Ward, 18. Shaw, 19. Fisher Madden, 20. Ryan; 21. Moore, 22. Montgomery, 23. Mitchell

Toby Fisher was named in the matchday squad but withdrew during warm-ups, being replaced on the bench by Jett Madden.
Last edited by Hannasea on Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Two Big Games, Two Big Wins

Postby TJUN-ia » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:03 pm

Two big games. TWO BIG GAMES. That was the all people could talk about entering this 4th week of Rugby action. Both Jaguars from TJUN-ia had played two and won two but bigger games were on the horizon and they were hoping to get big wins onto their resume. But would that be possible in this pivotal weekend?

Let's start with Jacob Peterson's XVs as they went to the Centennial Centre in Cleveland to face THE #1 team in the world...Abanhfleft. This was a test he had been preparing for since this draw was made, one which many felt would make or break their campaign and we knew that the opponents had everything at their disposal that could throw us off into the netherrealm. They did end up scoring 10 points overall, with a try and a penalty kick, but our preparedness for a war meant that we had all it took to make a statement. We end up scoring 3 tries overall in this conflict, 2 via Zhivago Groenewald and 1 via Jackson Stall with Jose Valbuena kicking all 3 conversions expertly. It was just that kind of performance...a 21-10 win that told so much in so little.

The same thing can be said for Louise Peterson's XIIIs, who had their own big team to deal with in the form of #4 Copper Cuprum at the Dairy Farmers' Association Stadium in Johnho. This game was always going to be big for TJUN-ian Rugby League and holding this Top 5 team to only 9 points will help in that regard, as they only managed a try, a penalty and a drop goal for their troubles. We, meanwhile, managed a strong 21 points as Steve McGoey, Kiwo Makawiwa and Peter Harmon all produced tries. Jack Henderson went 3/3 on Conversions, hit a penalty and a drop goal in order to secure the 21-9 victory. Two wins with 21 points in our bags...now that's symetrical and brilliant for all of us.

Next time, we hope to build off of these results as the XVs head back to Brham to face Mali i Kuq while the XIIIs head back to Romanopolis to face the final debutants in the group...Sea Dome. GO JAGS'!

UNION SCHEDULE (Group D)
MD1: vs Acadiana (35) - Westown Stadium, Brham W 36-0 (1st)
MD2: vs The Licentian Isles (17) - Centennial Centre, Cleveland W 22-17 (1st)
MD3: BYE (2nd)
MD4: vs Abanhfleft (1) - Centennial Centre, Cleveland W 21-10 (1st)
MD5: vs Mali i Kuq (UR) - Westown Stadium, Brham
MD6: vs Ardsk (UR) - Southern Stadium, Rogerton
MD7: vs Lisander (11) - Southern Stadium, Rogerton

LEAGUE SCHEDULE (Group B)
MD1: vs Taloren (UR) - Cumberland Park, Rogerton W 23-7 (1st)
MD2: vs Mali i Kuq (UR) - West Central Stadium, Romanopolis W 11-2 (1st)
MD3: vs Copper Cuprum (4) - Dairy Farmers' Association Stadium, Johnho W 21-9 (1st)
MD4: vs Sea Dome (UR) - West Central Stadium, Romanopolis
MD5: vs Ochre Islands (9) - Cumberland Park, Rogerton
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:11 pm

Multiple opinions about Rugby World Cup, from Crew of Randomly-Asked People:

"I can't understand these Barbarians. The win against Ardsk was a foregone conclusion, and it was no less than their duty. The team snatches a draw at the hands of a strongest Abanhfleftic side, but goes in with the reserves against Mali i Kuq and causes us such embarrassment? Isn't it about time the LRU abandon its sourness and allow the Irises to return? Do they want Rugby Sevens back? Just do the bloody tournament and that's that." B.A.S., Soria.

"With three games to go, of course I expect to qualify. It's not because it's not the First XV that I'm going to accept anything." S.G., Kasandora.

"Defeat Acadiana and Licentian Isles is now a matter of survival. I didn't even like rugby before, but now I follow it, and I don't like losing.Lisander cannot be eliminated for a nation worse than Port Ember. I refuse to accept that." J.P.F., Sirenia.

"TJUN-ia have their best XV on the pitch, they're a very good team, so I don't mind that these guys, who are young and not very experienced, have to run a bit more to get an equaliser or at least the Bonus Point." D.A., Soria.

Crew of Randomly-Asked People is your new Sunday Night Show. Check out our marvellous team discussing everything, anything, nothing and everything in between everything, anything or nothing at all. We also have musical numbers. Probably. if they decide to do something. We really leave the creativity up to them. These clowns have been doing stand-up and improvised comedy for a few years now, so we trust them a bit. They might say a few swear words, but we can throw in a few bleeps and it's all good. Uh... What? Is a live show?... Damn. Sorry, is a live show, so you'll have to deal with the bad language. Just in case, we'll put it on air a little later, so you don't have to worry about your children seeing it. After all, you'll have already put them to bed, if you're a decent parent, at least. Anyway, it's probably a good programme. So watch it. C.R.A.P. Every Sunday, 10pm, on TV5.
Last edited by Lisander on Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:52 pm

CUTOFF #5! RWC MD 5 and RLWC MD 4 scores coming right up.

RWC 35 MD 5

Group A
Tanah Jaya 20–7 Maraonia
Ko-oren 14–0 Tangatarehua
Nova Anglicana 19–18 Port Ember

1 Port Ember 5 4 0 1 113 32 +81 1 1 18
2 Ko-oren 4 3 0 1 50 28 +22 0 0 12
3 Tangatarehua 4 3 0 1 77 35 +42 0 0 12
4 Nova Anglicana 4 3 0 1 58 35 +23 0 0 12
5 HUElavia 4 1 0 3 38 57 −19 0 1 5
6 Tanah Jaya 5 1 0 4 37 125 −88 0 0 4
7 Maraonia 4 0 0 4 28 89 −61 0 1 1

Group B
Natanians and Nosts 9–0 Wanes
Quebec and Shingoryeo 6–13 Baker Park
Hundredstar 0–3 Kelssek

1 Baker Park 4 4 0 0 64 30 +34 0 0 16
2 Kelssek 5 3 0 2 37 21 +16 0 1 13
3 Natanians and Nosts 5 3 0 2 37 46 −9 0 1 12
4 Hundredstar 4 2 0 2 37 17 +20 0 2 10
5 Quebec and Shingoryeo 4 2 0 2 46 21 +25 0 2 10
6 Wanes 4 1 0 3 20 47 −27 0 0 4
7 Aust Scor 4 0 0 4 9 68 −59 0 1 1

Group C
Baggieland 20–13 Hannasea
Darmen 10–3 Elmyia
Alice Bay 0–16 The Valhallan Union

1 Baggieland 5 5 0 0 108 38 +70 0 0 20
2 Darmen 4 3 0 1 72 13 +59 0 1 13
3 Quintessence of Dust 4 3 0 1 74 35 +39 0 0 12
4 Hannasea 4 2 0 2 81 60 +21 0 2 10
5 Elmyia 4 1 0 3 33 67 −34 0 1 5
6 The Valhallan Union 5 1 0 4 26 108 −82 0 0 4
7 Alice Bay 4 0 0 4 10 83 −73 0 0 0

Group D
Mali i Kuq 6–23 TJUN-ia
Ardsk 0–54 The Licentian Isles
Lisander 21–6 Acadiana

1 TJUN-ia 4 4 0 0 102 33 +69 1 0 17
2 Abanhfleft 4 2 1 1 79 44 +35 0 0 10
3 Lisander 4 2 1 1 63 36 +27 0 0 10
4 The Licentian Isles 4 2 0 2 78 53 +25 1 1 10
5 Acadiana 5 2 0 3 80 95 −15 1 0 9
6 Mali i Kuq 5 2 0 3 48 77 −29 0 1 9
7 Ardsk 4 0 0 4 10 122 −112 0 0 0

RLWC 22 MD 4

Group A
Sky Reavers 14–2 Acadiana
Balynland 10–26 Cardenao
Natanians and Nosts 24–20 Ko-oren

Group A Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Natanians and Nosts 4 4 0 0 70 47 +23 8
2 Ko-oren 4 3 0 1 75 48 +27 6
3 Sky Reavers 4 3 0 1 54 34 +20 6
4 Cardenao 4 2 0 2 53 37 +16 4
5 Acadiana 4 0 0 4 26 66 −40 0
6 Balynland 4 0 0 4 44 90 −46 0

Group B
Copper Cuprum 12–12 Taloren
Mali i Kuq 8–19 Ochre Islands
TJUN-ia 19–5 Sea Dome

Group B Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 TJUN-ia 4 4 0 0 74 23 +51 8
2 Ochre Islands 4 3 0 1 66 47 +19 6
3 Copper Cuprum 4 2 1 1 50 39 +11 5
4 Sea Dome 4 2 0 2 24 42 −18 4
5 Taloren 4 0 1 3 41 67 −26 1
6 Mali i Kuq 4 0 0 4 16 53 −37 0

Group C
Darmen 10–10 The Valhallan Union
Corporate City One 7–19 Quebec and Shingoryeo
MuMu 0–35 Abanhfleft

Group C Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Quebec and Shingoryeo 4 3 1 0 78 40 +38 7
2 Abanhfleft 4 3 0 1 100 23 +77 6
3 Darmen 4 2 1 1 74 51 +23 5
4 MuMu 4 2 0 2 42 77 −35 4
5 The Valhallan Union 4 0 2 2 32 69 −37 2
6 Corporate City One 4 0 0 4 26 92 −66 0

As a reminder, there will be no RLWC scorination at the next cutoff, with the final group stage MD being scorinated on 10/24.
Last edited by Darmen on Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:16 pm

OOC: Damn Damn. Keep missing the deadline!

© Sporting Times Daily 2023
Group lead on the line between Hoops, Reapers
Julian Pope, National Rugby Editor

The Baker Park National Rugby Team find themselves in a position they've not faced previously after their 13-12 victory over 9th ranked Natanians & Nosts on matchday 4 of the Rugby World Cup.

They are the only remaining undefeated team in Group B heading into their second straight match in Liverpool against Quebec & Shingoryeo, ranked 8th.

The Blues & Grays put in another full shift on defense in the contest that saw plenty of open play but few tries to show for the effort; N&N led 5-3 after 40 minutes before Beau Allison went over at the 65 minute mark with the convert giving BP a 10-5 advantage. Harris O'Neal added a second penalty six minutes later to move the advantage to eight, but N&N finally strung together a 22 phase possession that cut the lead to one; sloppy execution inside the BP 22 meter line killed both of Nosts' final two attacks that allowed the Hoops to seal the victory.

Coach Tony Danielson was effusive in his praise of the defensive effort.
“That was a massive effort today, really happy with how we kept our discipline not giving away penalties close to our goal line and kept the line breaks to a minimum. Now we get a couple of days to recover before we have to go out and do it again.”
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Hundredstar
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hundredstar » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:32 pm

Kitman: The Unsung Hero of the Football Team

The assignment as a kitman in a football club may not be popular compared to players or coaches who should get more public attention. The situation is not strange because their tasks are behind the scenes, but the role played by these people with the title of kitman is huge in making a team's journey a success. Let's find out a little bit about the important role of the kitman in launching a team's journey shared by the former kitman of the Queenborough Quicksand Rugby Club who is now with the Oxygen Liga 1 team, Duncanshire FC, Joe Fotzmann.

What role does Kitman
One of the important roles played by the kitman is in the preparation of goods starting from the training session until the end of each match that the team goes through. It covers the aspect of providing drinks as well as the equipment and equipment needed by the coach during the training session. This will certainly make the kitman the first person to go down to the training ground in order to ensure that all the items needed by the players and the team are sufficient and the last individual to leave the field.

In order to face the match, the kitman needs to prepare two sets of jerseys for the players to wear as well as pads (shinpads), strapping tape, and drinks and food that need to be taken before and during the match. Kitman also needs to focus on the team's main line-up to make it easier for them to arrange the jerseys according to the order of jersey numbers and provide captain's armbands and souvenirs for the team leader. In addition, if playing at home, the kitman is also responsible for providing drinking water and ice cubes for the opposing team, stadium officials, referees on duty, and ball-picker boys.

Their task is not only from the aspect of preparing goods but also during the meeting session at the hotel, the kitman also has to arrange the table for the purpose of team discussion. Every piece of equipment owned by the team is clearly a trust for the kitman to take care of and ensure that the items needed at any one time can be provided without any problems. Indeed, no one but the kitman will know about the equipment or the requirements. Usually, taking the example of Oxygen Liga 1, there will be two kitmen who are assigned to carry out the responsibility for a team.

Challenges faced by Kitman
Apart from the worry of missing the necessary items or the mistake of bringing the team jersey, being consistent in doing the best in carrying out the responsibilities is the main challenge for the kitman. They need to be punctual and honest in doing tasks, especially during training sessions because this task as a kitman depends on the coach's schedule. There are times when it changes accordingly. This is because the kitman needs to be the first individual to be on the training ground and also the stadium on match day to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Maybe sometimes the team will be more of a priority than the family at home. A big sacrifice for a kitman that maybe not many people understand. Obviously, the role that Kitman plays in making the journey of the real team so meaningful. With dedication and high enthusiasm and punctuality being the main 'asset' for them, it is not an exaggeration to say that the kitman in football is the key to coordinating the management of a team.

Rugby World Cup 35
MD1: Aust Scor 0–23 Hundredstar
MD2: Hundredstar 6–9 Natanians and Nosts
MD3: Quebec and Shingoryeo 5–8 Hundredstar
MD4: bye
MD5: Hundredstar 0–3 Kelssek

advertisement

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Scrum!: Nothing But Green

Postby TJUN-ia » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:46 pm

Last week, both sections of TJUN-ia's Rugby effort managed big wins against Top 5 opposition but now, they had to build off of these epic results the best way they could in order to prove that these were not flukes. Both teams were still undefeated, which was certainly a good thing for everyone involved, but there was still a long way to go in both of their journeys...so could they march on with pride?

The XVs would be up against debutants Mali i Kuq back at the Westown Stadium in Brham and in this regard, things were not close. At all. Jacob Peterson's team were simply hot as balls right now and restricting a side to just two penalties all game is a good way of showing that form to the watching world. We did what we needed to do, with Peter Mullins (2) and Emmerson Gawakali scoring the tries while Jose Valbuena managed 2/3 on conversions, but made up for that miss with a penalty. 23-6 it finished and just like that, these Jags were 4-0.

Another team looking to go 4-0 were the XIIIs, who would be taking on debutants Sea Dome at West Central Stadium in Romanopolis and just like her brother, Louise Peterson was out looking for blood against a debutant. Sea Dome, to be fair to them, did manage a try (with a missed conversion) and a drop goal but we were simply too good for this game and it showed. We managed 3 tries in this game, 2 to Mohammad Al-Kafa and 1 to Oscar Hulton while Captain Jack Henderson managed all 3 conversions in a 19-5 win. It wasn't exactly pretty, but it got the job done all the same and the League squad is also 4-0.

So close to the end of this group stage, yet also so far. Ardsk is next for the Union team in Rogerton while League faces their final game against the #9 Ochre Islands in a different part of that same city. Rogerton is about to become the zeitgeist of TJUN-ian rugby...and all eyes will be watching and hoping. GO JAGS'!

UNION SCHEDULE (Group D)
MD1: vs Acadiana (35) - Westown Stadium, Brham W 36-0 (1st)
MD2: vs The Licentian Isles (17) - Centennial Centre, Cleveland W 22-17 (1st)
MD3: BYE (2nd)
MD4: vs Abanhfleft (1) - Centennial Centre, Cleveland W 21-10 (1st)
MD5: vs Mali i Kuq (UR) - Westown Stadium, Brham W 23-6 (1st)
MD6: vs Ardsk (UR) - Southern Stadium, Rogerton
MD7: vs Lisander (11) - Southern Stadium, Rogerton

LEAGUE SCHEDULE (Group B)
MD1: vs Taloren (UR) - Cumberland Park, Rogerton W 23-7 (1st)
MD2: vs Mali i Kuq (UR) - West Central Stadium, Romanopolis W 11-2 (1st)
MD3: vs Copper Cuprum (4) - Dairy Farmers' Association Stadium, Johnho W 21-9 (1st)
MD4: vs Sea Dome (UR) - West Central Stadium, Romanopolis W 19-5 (1st)
MD5: vs Ochre Islands (9) - Cumberland Park, Rogerton
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:58 pm

Blog of The Crazy Nomad

Greetings my lovies!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5 (You are here).

I found myself back within the city limits of Tim City after witnessing the revenge / redemption match we dished out to the mighty Dragonflies from Ko-oren, during the most anticipated match of the group.

Although I don't have a specific wild adventure to share with you, you may know that I went full out on exploring the city, hitting up the local markets to pick up some local cultural curios and street foods and got day drunk at the various sports bars which I managed to stumble upon.

When the sun set, I randomly met a supporter group of Baker Park, and when I mentioned to them that I was mates with Zane Anthony and Ricky Gillingham from the Baker Parkian Podcast of 'Lots of Ruck', I became an instant hit. So me and the boys spend the night pub crawling and clubbing and street drinking until the bloody sun rose from its slumber! They are a bunch of party animals, and that's my people!

Anyway, despite not sleeping an instant and still being hammerjammed, I made my way to the Stadium, dressed in my official work uniform - combat boots, skinnies and an official Dragons ™ supporters jersey.

Port Ember 18 - 19 Nova Anglicana

The Lions hailing from Nova Anglicana had a serious bone to pick with the Port Emberian Dragons going into this match, as our lads in Blue has dominated the stronger and more experienced team on both occasions of their last meetings, once when we send them packing in the quarter finals during the last World Cup, and then again during the T8 Invitationals tournament, which we ended up winning.

Despite this history, I was always a tad nervous during the build up of this match, as I have always held the belief that the Lions are some of the greatest teams on the turf today. And they proved it, dealing us with our first loss during this tournament, in a slugfest of a match.

The game started off with Port Ember looking good, and in fact, remained to look good throughout the game. The first blood was drawn by my personal hero, flyhalf Riley Micjo, when he converted a penalty kick from 40 meters out due to a rucking error in minute 13.

Micjo continued to force the score board to tick over when he slotted over a cheeky drop kick five minutes later. Up to this point, the Dragons were dominating the Lions, forcing turnovers in the ruck, winning almost all of the aerial battles and set pieces.

This paused in minute 35 when #12 Brendan Cunningham spotted a overlap and crushed through the sleeping defenders and dashed madly for 25 meters to the prizeline. Jamie Wilson failed to convert however, and the first half came to an end with Port Ember leading narrowly at 6-5.

The opening minutes of the second half saw the Dragons fire back with renewed passion and energy, leading to #7 Gerry Barker plopping down a highly contested try in the corner. Micjo uncharacteristically failed to convert this one as the ball bounced off the left pole.

The Lions soon rememberer that they are indeed world class, and proved it by mauling their way to a try a few minutes later, compliments from #4 Charlie Robertson, which also led to a conversion.

The Dragons fired back once more when star winger #11 Trevelyan Garrard sidestepped and danced his way from the halfway line, placing the try right between the uprights, leading to an easily conversion. The score was now 18 - 12, with the Dragons leading and 2 minutes left on the clock. The crowd was raging. The game was done.

But it wasn't. Somehow, unknown to man just how, but the Lions managed to run the ball via straight psychotic dashes and offloads (something like 19 total!!), culminating with #13 Matthew Lloyd crashing over the try line, and having it converted - stealing the match with a single point. Bloody hell.

Bloody hell.

Score Breakdown

Port Ember: 18

Tries:

#7 Gerry Barker
#11 Trevelyan Garrard

Conversions:

#10 Ryley Mićjo: 1/2

Penalty Kicks:

Drop Goals:

Substitutions:

None

Cards:

None

Injuries

None

Nova Anglicana: 19

Tries:

#12 Brendan Cunningham
#4 Charlie Robertson
#13 Matthew Lloyd

Conversions:

#10 Jamie Wilson: 1/3

Penalties:

#10 Jamie Wilson: 0/2

Drop Goals:

None

Cards:

None

Injuries

None

Match Day 4: Port Ember VS Ko-oren (14-03)
Match Day 5: Port Ember VS Nova Anglicana (18-19)

"This was a tremendous game of rugby, despite our Dragons losing. We had the game in the bag for basically 78 minutes, dominating the game throughout, although losing focus on a number of occasions, which led to tries being scored against us, without fail. That's the thing about playing the best teams in the world - lose focus for a second - and you will pay for it. Dearly."

Bye Day

This upcoming match is a Bye Day for our squad, allowing us some well deserved rest and preparation time, as we gear up to face the scary Tangatarehua on our last pool match. This team is remarkable, having joined the international rugga scene only during the last World Cup. We played them during our pool campaign, where we lost against them in arguably the toughest, most physical match I have ever seen. We need to get our story straight if we want to have a go at them."

Bonus Segment: Ripping on someone else!

So it has come to my attention that some or other rando from the great rugga nation of Lisander, has made some or other rando diss remark aimed at my beloved Dragons this week, and that has inspired me to add this random bonus segment, where I will return the favour now, all in good clean faith…hehe.

Here we go!

"This morning, I was offered a cup of coffee by a cute lad at the hotel. Unfortunately however, it was served in a Lisander Rugby Union cup. I simply could not drink it, which was a pity, as I truly fancied a cup! The laddie was offended of course, and begged me to drink it, assuring me that it would be a good cup of brew. I responded that it might indeed be good, yet only for the first few sips, after which it would just crush your soul and disappoint yah!"

"What joke would be the best to tell about Lisander Rugby? Well it wouldn't matter, as they won't catch it either way…"

Anyway… I need a drink.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:00 pm

Ricky Gillingham: “Hey hey! G-man, Ricky Gillingham here with another edition of Lots of Ruck after the tough win against Quebec & Shingoryeo. We're going in a bit different direction today, as sitting in for Zane is my beautiful bride Deb. She knows the egg chasing game pretty well. Hi baby.”
Debbie Gillingham: “Hello to all the folks listening in. Thanks for making Lots of Ruck a success because otherwise I'd be stuck listening to him talk about rugger all day long.” (laugh)
RG: “Don't let her fool you, she's got her own strong opinions about the game, maybe you could tell everyone how you came to be such a big fan?”
DG: “Long time listeners probably know that Zane & I are cousins, my dad and his mom are siblings and weirdly, dad and Z's dad were pals before he met Aunt Jane and of course I met Rick through Zane. So I grew up in a family that already were into the game.”
RG: “I remember Z telling me not to patronize you about rugger because you knew as much as he and his dad did. And also after we started dating your dad asking me 'So has she demonstrated on you how to defend against a maul?' and I honestly thought that was some sort of euphemism about sex.” (laugh)
DG: (laugh) “I really was obsessed as a teenager about stopping a maul and would get my little brothers and their neighborhood friends to act out scenarios.”
RG: “Guys, how could you not fall in love a girl with that kind of dedication?” (both laugh)
DG: “OK, that's enough about me Rick, the sponsors aren't paying for a play by play of our romance.”
RG: “Have I mentioned she's also the brains behind the business side of the show? So, let's get into the last match and how the carryover from the Aust Scor and Natanians games related to it.”
DG: “Danielson has made sure to use the bench pretty liberally so far, bringing on replacements in the first game, then turning over a lot of the lineup against Aust Scor and coming back to largely the same XV from the first match against Natanians & Nosts while working subs in after 55-60 minutes, then reverting back to a sort of combo lineup yesterday. I think that has helped the good defense played but maybe not so beneficial with the ball.”
RG: “Yeah, I'm not of the thinking the attack has looked bad, but it's been more a function of the way teams in a World Cup are going to really bolt the hatches down so as not to get overrun. Look at some of the scores in other groups. Has anyone gotten an offensive bonus point?”
DG: “a few sides but there have been some serious defensive struggles.”
RG: “So now the next game is Hundredstar, who have played tough in their debut."
DG: "This is a big trap game heading into the last game against Kelssek. Hundredstar held them to just a single penalty."
RG: "We're excited that the Hoops are unbeaten, but also that our friend Riley Heglion is coming in on Port Ember's bye to spend the day with us."
DG: "I wanna meet this lady who could tame a blackout drunk Rick. We can share stories."
RG: "I knew that day was the last straw. I had to dry out after that, so she really saved my life in Neu Engellon"
DG: "Well, let's close up this edition I suppose Zane and Lynds will want equal time for the next episode."
RG: "It's the least we could do since they are babysitting April Rose for us. So, that'll close up shop for this episode of Lots of Ruck, for Deb, I'm Ricky G, so long for now."
DG: "Bye!
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Darmen
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:47 pm

Cutoff #6! RWC 35 MD 6 scores coming soon.

RWC 35 MD 6

Group A
Tangatarehua 11–9 Nova Anglicana
Maraonia 0–15 Ko-oren
HUElavia 5–27 Tanah Jaya

1 Port Ember 5 4 0 1 113 32 +81 1 1 18
2 Ko-oren 5 4 0 1 65 28 +37 0 0 16
3 Tangatarehua 5 4 0 1 88 44 +44 0 0 16
4 Nova Anglicana 5 3 0 2 67 46 +21 0 1 13
5 Tanah Jaya 6 2 0 4 64 130 −66 0 0 8
6 HUElavia 5 1 0 4 43 84 −41 0 1 5
7 Maraonia 5 0 0 5 28 104 −76 0 1 1

Group B
Baker Park 30–7 Hundredstar
Wanes 0–8 Quebec and Shingoryeo
Aust Scor 3–14 Natanians and Nosts

1 Baker Park 5 5 0 0 94 37 +57 0 0 20
2 Natanians and Nosts 6 4 0 2 51 49 +2 0 1 17
3 Quebec and Shingoryeo 5 3 0 2 54 21 +33 0 2 14
4 Kelssek 5 3 0 2 37 21 +16 0 1 13
5 Hundredstar 5 2 0 3 44 47 −3 0 2 10
6 Wanes 5 1 0 4 20 55 −35 0 0 4
7 Aust Scor 5 0 0 5 12 82 −70 0 1 1

Group C
Elmyia 16–0 Alice Bay
Hannasea 8–8 Darmen
Quintessence of Dust 16–27 Baggieland

1 Baggieland 6 6 0 0 135 54 +81 0 0 24
2 Darmen 5 3 1 1 80 21 +59 0 1 15
3 Quintessence of Dust 5 3 0 2 90 62 +28 0 0 12
4 Hannasea 5 2 1 2 89 68 +21 0 2 12
5 Elmyia 5 2 0 3 49 67 −18 0 1 9
6 The Valhallan Union 5 1 0 4 26 108 −82 0 0 4
7 Alice Bay 5 0 0 5 10 99 −89 0 0 0

Group D
The Licentian Isles 3–18 Lisander
TJUN-ia 5–3 Ardsk
Abanhfleft 21–0 Mali i Kuq

1 TJUN-ia 5 5 0 0 107 36 +71 1 0 21
2 Abanhfleft 5 3 1 1 100 44 +56 0 0 14
3 Lisander 5 3 1 1 81 39 +42 0 0 14
4 The Licentian Isles 5 2 0 3 81 71 +10 1 1 10
5 Acadiana 5 2 0 3 80 95 −15 1 0 9
6 Mali i Kuq 6 2 0 4 48 98 −50 0 1 9
7 Ardsk 5 0 0 5 13 127 −114 0 1 1
Last edited by Darmen on Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Darmen

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:09 am

LIONS FALL TO THE TOA 11-9 IN NAIL-BITER

24th October 2023
ImageImageImageImage

EAU CLAIRE, DARMEN
The Toa of Tangatarehua have narrowly defeated the multiverse #7 ranked Lions of Nova Anglicana in one of the closest and most nail-biting matches of the campaign so far.

It was a 75th minute drop goal from team captain Anaru Wirihara that put the Toa over the line in a game that most bookies had not expected the team to win.

Two early mistakes in the first half, including a forward pass by Taanga Nopera put Tangatarehua on the back foot, with Jamie Wilson slotting away two penalty kicks that had the Lions ahead by 6-0 at half time.

The second half saw Atua Waata and Whetu Tamati take to the field in the forward positions, providing Tangatarehua with an unstoppable defence, no doubt a lesson learned following the team's 14-0 steamrollering by Ko-oren in the previous game. The Lions barely made it into Tangatarehua's territory and any hope of a try was dashed, though a daring drop goal from Wilson put the Lions 9-0 ahead.

Blind-side wing Opi Romana scored the only try of the match in 51st minute, however Tama Patariki was not successful in converting it - though an offside tackle in the 64th minute led to a successful penalty kick that put the score at 8-8.

The Toa were unable to breach the Lions' defences, and vice versa and the game looked like it was about to end in a rare draw - until an unexpected drop goal by team captain Anaru Wirihana put the Toa over the edge, leading to a full-time score of 11-9 and the city of Eau Claire once again overwhelmed by ecstatic Rehuan fans.

Tangatarehua 11:

Tries: Romana (51')
Penalties: Patariki 1/1(64')
Drop goals: Wirihana (75')

Nova Anglicana 8:

Penalties: Wilson 2/2 (11', 29')
Drop goals: Wilson (44')

Halftime score: 0 - 6

Match award: Jamie Wilson

TANGATAREHUA PREPARES TO FACE THE DRAGONS

All eyes are now on Tangatarehua's hotly anticipated rematch with Port Ember in Tim City, with fans on both sides shivering with fear and excitement.

While Rehuan fans are hoping that once again the Toa will cement their reputation as the Dragon-slayers, Port Ember have enjoyed a dream run through this year's world cup and are no doubt seeking revenge for their defeat last year in Hannasea.

Regardless of the result, Tangatarehua looks set to advance to the play-offs - a sharp contrast to the team's infamous and ignominious early exit in the last world cup.

© 2023 Tangatarehua Ao All Rights Reserved.
Tangatarehua Ao is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Mobile Site | Advertise With Us | Ad Choices | Terms of Use | Privacy | Cookies | About Tangatarehua Ao | Help | Accessibility Help | Contact Us | Te Reo Maori version
Last edited by Tangatarehua on Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

1 May 2024
News: Restauranteur fined $100 after serving human meat to customers | Imperial Tangatarehua Health System blasted over "dangerously long" waiting times | Latest financial report shows inflation down, unemployment up | Weather: Tamaki  ☀ 20°C | Whakaara ☁ 15°C | Wharekorana ☁ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ 29°C | Kotiropai ☀ 20°C | Rakipa ☀ 21°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 14°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports