NATION

PASSWORD

-Astoria- Intentionally Stealing Turns in Forum 7 Gaming.

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Southern Tzhelarhaai
Civil Servant

Founded: May 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

[R] Possible flaming in F7?

Postby Southern Tzhelarhaai » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:54 am

From the "You know you're from AN when..." thread, with the inflammatory words highlighted:
viewtopic.php?p=37443913#p37443913
Romance and Reverie wrote:As usual, this dipshit skipped me, so someone do my nation too, and consider not doing his.

Addendum:
viewtopic.php?p=37443950#p37443950
Romance and Reverie wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:Do you not know what the word 'Editing' means? And with that shit attitude, you're not going to get a reply with that.

/stillme

What the hell are your talking about? You've still quoted nations which aren't me, in your response. And you've skipped me on three occasions now, my attitude is not the issue.

I'll leave it to others to decide, but it's not "still you" at all, you miserable twat.
Last edited by Southern Tzhelarhaai on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:27 am, edited 7 times in total.
| The Commonwealth of Southern Thelarai |
| A federation of various different sapient races on an Earth-like planet between Earth and Mars. | "With a human colonist now serving as the ELECTED leader of a diverse bunch of squabbling aliens, nothing could possibly go wrong!" |
| Main Website | Current Year: 2121 | Tech Level: Mid-Late PMT |
Quick Links from the Main Site: | Overview | Leader | Sapient Species | Two Worlds | Solar System |
A puppet/alt of Piste-Land.
Like most folks here, doesn't (really) use NS stats.
You do know what a red link means, don't you? Patience is a virtue.

Romance and Reverie
Secretary

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

-Astoria- Intentionally Stealing Turns in Forum 7 Gaming.

Postby Romance and Reverie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:54 am

-Astoria- has been intentionally stealing turns from me in Forum 7 Gaming.

It started when he didn't like my response, so decided to reject it and rob me of a turn on June 27th

My response was clearly cheeky, not insulting. He didn't like it, and insensibly/trivially insulted me by saying I'm lowering the quality of the sub as "NS Summer" does.

I confronted about my lost turn via Telegrams, and we had a slightly nasty back-and-forth.

Afterwards, he has intentionally robbed me of a turn every chance he got.

Here on June 29th

And just now, on July 24th

Disliking me, or responding unfavorably would be fine, but this clearly breaches the etiquette which allows Forum 7 Gaming to work.

Whether or not it constitutes Griefing, Thread Hijacking, or any other rule breaking, I don't know.

It's not cool at the very least.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:01 am

The mods don't accept screenshots in reports. In future link directly to the posts. I'll drop them off here to save time. The TG's get reported via GHR's.
27th June
29th June
24th July

*looks around for any approaching mods and streaks away*
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Romance and Reverie
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Romance and Reverie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:The mods don't accept screenshots in reports. In future link directly to the posts. I'll drop them off here to save time. The TG's get reported via GHR's.
27th June
29th June
24th July

*looks around for any approaching mods and streaks away*

Thanks a lot for the help, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019

Postby Drongonia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:12 am

I'd like to make the correction for any moderators viewing this that the July 24th post was in the process of being edited (Astoria got Ninja'd), but R&R gave an extremely childish and insulting response which prompted Astoria to abandon the edit.

That's all :)

Romance and Reverie
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Romance and Reverie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:19 am

Drongonia wrote:I'd like to make the correction for any moderators viewing this that the July 24th post was in the process of being edited (Astoria got Ninja'd), but R&R gave an extremely childish and insulting response which prompted Astoria to abandon the edit.

That's all :)

Nonsense. There's 33 minutes in between the posts. The prior instances also have timing to refer to as evidence of this not being an unfortunate and unintentional issue.

"Ninja'ing" requires the timings of the two posts to be reasonably close. It's happened to me multiple times, where I edit the answer, or delete it outright.

I wonder if you're Astoria's friend/alt.

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019

Postby Drongonia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:22 am

Romance and Reverie wrote:"Ninja'ing" requires the timings of the two posts to be reasonably close. It's happened to me multiple times, where I edit the answer, or delete it outright.

Just reading the posts on the thread it seems like the ninja'd/editing thing is exactly right.

Romance and Reverie wrote:I wonder if you're Astoria's friend/alt.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No. I'd better stop since it's against the rules to clog up mod threads. I'll just leave it here.
Last edited by Drongonia on Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Southern Tzhelarhaai
Civil Servant

Founded: May 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Tzhelarhaai » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:23 am

As an additional piece of information, this happens to be connected to the "Astoria Stealing Turns" report.
| The Commonwealth of Southern Thelarai |
| A federation of various different sapient races on an Earth-like planet between Earth and Mars. | "With a human colonist now serving as the ELECTED leader of a diverse bunch of squabbling aliens, nothing could possibly go wrong!" |
| Main Website | Current Year: 2121 | Tech Level: Mid-Late PMT |
Quick Links from the Main Site: | Overview | Leader | Sapient Species | Two Worlds | Solar System |
A puppet/alt of Piste-Land.
Like most folks here, doesn't (really) use NS stats.
You do know what a red link means, don't you? Patience is a virtue.

Romance and Reverie
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Romance and Reverie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:26 am

Drongonia wrote:
Romance and Reverie wrote:"Ninja'ing" requires the timings of the two posts to be reasonably close. It's happened to me multiple times, where I edit the answer, or delete it outright.

Just reading the posts on the thread it seems like the ninja'd/editing thing is exactly right.

How so? I've explained my reasoning, and it is sound. You haven't.

If you don't have a dog in the fight, you could at least offer clear and unbiased evidence/reasoning.

How do you justify a 33 minute window in an instance of "Ninja'ing"?

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:27 am

As the reported party, presuming that I was supposedly "stealing" turns is simply absurd.

• June 27: this screenshot intentionally leaves out any context, in that the thread that it was on was of describing a primary banner; specifically, this very one.
    Their response did not even remotely connect to the banner in question, leading me to believe that they only posted lazily just so that they could get a turn, as seen before with other individuals around the same period & earlier (hence the use of the term 'NS Summer').
  • June 29: As evidenced by the previous encounter, I subsequently blocked the user shortly after, as I wanted nothing to do with them any further. This event was in essence a simple skip, which has been done countless times in the same circumstance.
  • July 24 (today): This is a simple case of not noticing the user (and also due to the fact of being foe-listed); now, while I admit to this mistake, it certainly does not warrant this response:
    Romance and Reverie wrote:As usual, this dipshit skipped me, so someone do my nation too, and consider not doing his.
    ...leading me to decide to not reply to them, when that kind of attitude is exhibited (& also supposing that I do it on a regular basis, despite there only being less than five "incidents) - would a simple "ninja'd/you skipped me" not be more pertinent?
    In addition: Going back to my post:
    -Astoria- wrote:
    Pacifica Solaris wrote:
    When you write a letter to your President... and actually expect him to read it.

Oh, and when you enjoy tricking people who are genuinely interested in your factbooks with a Rick Roll GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

• You always keep a record of the public meetings that you have attended.
    • You are loath to do work.
    • You jump into the nearest body of water, assuming that it is always safe to drink.
    • You might know a relative or two who partakes in the widget-hoarding black market.

Editing.
    ...note the posting times:
    This shows that I realised my mistake & put an 'editing' text (to signify to the skipped user that I would do a response to them) within a minute of posting.
Given the above, I am starting to believe that the reporting user simply wants to report me just for the hell of it as if there is a conspiracy to skip them; meanwhile, the actual fact is that I simply do not wish to take the bait of their posts & foe-list them, especially given the above unwarranted insults..
Romance and Reverie wrote:I wonder if you're Astoria's friend/alt.
I can answer that for you: no, he is very much not an alternate account of mine, as can be easily seen in terms of signature & posting style (especially in the case of the General forum).
Romance and Reverie wrote:Nonsense. There's 33 minutes in between the posts. The prior instances also have timing to refer to as evidence of this not being an unfortunate and unintentional issue.

"Ninja'ing" requires the timings of the two posts to be reasonably close. It's happened to me multiple times, where I edit the answer, or delete it outright.
And?
Do not think that this just happens to you; there have been many times where I have either accidentally missed the very last post on the thread (using the view posts button), or not notice that a new page was created, inadvertently leading me to reply to the last post on the penultimate page.
Last edited by -Astoria- on Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Romance and Reverie
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Romance and Reverie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:46 am

-Astoria- wrote:As the reported party, presuming that I was supposedly "stealing" turns is simply absurd.

June 27: This screenshot intentionally leaves out any context, in that the thread that it was on was of describing a primary banner; specifically, this very one.
Their response did not even remotely connect to the banner in question, leading me to believe that they only posted lazily just so that they could get a turn.

It's not "intentionally" left out, as the banner has changed. As for my response not being connected, people use extravagant, comedic, or thematic banners when given a custom option. Astoria's is incredibly dull in comparison.

As such, my response was about the mundane, and how you'd enjoy it - the commute to work.

-Astoria- wrote:June 29: As evidenced by the previous encounter, I subsequently blocked the user shortly after, as I wanted nothing to do with them any further. This event was in essence a simple skip, which has been done countless times in the same circumstance.

I don't know what Astoria is talking about. It blatantly just steals my turn, by ignoring me, and responding to the previous user.

If Astoria was neutral, and wanted to skip me, but not steal my turn, he could've simply waited until another Nation is the last one in the thread.

-Astoria- wrote:July 24 (today): This is a simple case of not noticing the user (and also due to the fact of being foe-listed);

Possible, but the prior instances show intent.

If we're going to go down that road, when I first encountered the June 29th event, I looked through Astoria's history, and found another instance of Astoria intentionally robbing another's turn when he dislikes the answer.

I'm not inclined to go hunting it for it now, and think there's ample evidence in my case alone.

There's also an instance of him responding to my nation negatively, justifying it as "out of principle", and not relating it to anything specific.

-Astoria- wrote: This shows that I realised my mistake & put an 'editing' text (to signify to the skipped user that I would do a response to them) within a minute of posting.

There was 1 hour and 27 minutes in between Astoria's response and my ill-mannered response. Astoria's jumping through hoops to justify himself and it all falls apart.
Last edited by Romance and Reverie on Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Yeetusa
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Yeetusa » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:50 am

Is this even against the rules?

If anything, its courtesy
Last edited by The Yeetusa on Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
█████████
█████████
█████████

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:53 am

Romance and Reverie wrote:It's not "intentionally" left out, as the banner has changed.
It has, on my page; yet I linked to the primary banner at the time (see above).
I don't know what Astoria is talking about. It blatantly just steals my turn, by ignoring me, and responding to the previous user.
"Blatantly"? Do you have a proof of intent?
I simply did (& still do) not want anything to do with you; hence the foe list. Do you know what the foe list is?
Possible, but the prior instances show intent.
By all means, show us this "intent".
If we're going to go down that road, when I first encountered the June 29th event, I looked through Astoria's history, and found another instance of Astoria intentionally robbing another's turn when he dislikes the answer.

I'm not inclined to go hunting it for it now, and think there's ample evidence in my case alone.
"robbing"
If you cannot back up your statements with evidence & links supporting said evidence, then it falls flat on its face.
There's also an instance of him responding to my nation negatively, justifying it as "out of principle", and not relating it to anything specific.
Ditto.
Romance and Reverie wrote:There was 1 hour and 27 minutes in between Astoria's response and my ill-mannered response.
There is also the fact that you do not have factbooks, which you actually need in threads like that one.
Astoria's jumping through hoops to justify himself and it all falls apart.
That is rather ironic; but I'll stop here.
So that this thread doesn't get clogged up with endless back-and-forth arguing, I am not going to post until a ruling has been made; nor will I answer any further replies.
Last edited by -Astoria- on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Romance and Reverie
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Romance and Reverie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:01 am

-Astoria- wrote:If you cannot back up your statements with evidence & links supporting said evidence, then it falls flat on its face.

Couldn't agree more, and your feeble defense is rendered nonsensical by looking at the post timings. It's all very clear.

-Astoria- wrote:
Romance and Reverie wrote:There was 1 hour and 27 minutes in between Astoria's response and my ill-mannered response.

There is also the fact that you do not have factbooks, which you actually need in threads like that one.

Hilarious how Astoria jumps from one defense to the next when the inconsistencies are pointed out.

I can point to numerous instances of people using other information when factbooks aren't present. This defense is getting laughable now.

-Astoria- wrote:So that this thread doesn't get clogged up with endless back-and-forth arguing, I am not going to post until a ruling has been made; nor will I answer any further replies.

Good, same here.
Last edited by Romance and Reverie on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:04 am

Romance and Reverie wrote:Couldn't agree more, and your feeble defense is rendered nonsensical by looking at the post timings. It's all very clear.
You mean these post timings, perhaps?
-Astoria- wrote:...note the posting times:
This shows that I realised my mistake & put an 'editing' text (to signify to the skipped user that I would do a response to them) within a minute of posting.
Also, that still does not magically make the "dipshit" post any more inexcusable.

I am off.
Last edited by -Astoria- on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Romance and Reverie
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Romance and Reverie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:16 am

-Astoria- wrote: You mean these post timings, perhaps?

Stop spamming that garbage everywhere, it's all very simple.

33 minutes in between my original post, and Astoria's response. -> Shows that it wasn't a case of "Ninja'ing".

1 hour and 27 minutes in between Astoria's post, and my response -> Shows there was ample time to edit, and it was not done. It wasn't due to him seeing my ill-mannered response and then choosing to not go through with it.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:48 am

This report is utterly ridiculous. I am highly tempted to reply /skip to the whole thing since 99% of this is non-actionable childish bickering over non-serious F7 games.

However:

Romance and Reverie wrote:What the hell are you talking about? You've still quoted nations which aren't me in your response. And you've skipped me on three occasions now, my attitude is not the issue.

I'll leave it to others to decide, but it's not "still you" at all, you miserable twat.

This is clear flaming. *** Warned ***

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am

OP, you realize spoilered images would work far better than low-quality stretched out imgur images, right?

Also, this is pretty childish, trying to report someone because of Forum 7 normal behavior.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:03 am

Minskiev wrote:OP, you realize spoilered images would work far better than low-quality stretched out imgur images, right?

Also, this is pretty childish, trying to report someone because of Forum 7 normal behavior.

*** Warned for spamming Moderation ***

Do not post in report threads unless you are directly involved or have actual evidence to offer. Your opinion on these matters is neither helpful nor wanted.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation