NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 85 || RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Thu May 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Previous parts of the story: 12345

Naomi and Wesley didn’t have time to prepare to battle, they even didn’t have time to get scared, as the crowd overtook them ... and passed by...

Waving their weapons, the inhabitants of Trolleborg followed by, enthusiastically shouting something indiscriminate to the explicit approval of passers-by, many of whom began to clap and supported crowd from a distance with exclamations in their own language – as if stones were grinding against stones. And when already a decent part of the crowd passed them, the tourists were surprised to find that everyone in the crowd had a tail with a tassel.

“Do you remember the name of our hotel?” Wesley asked suddenly.
“Someone's tail is there,” Naomi answered.

"Yes. Someone’s tail ”- and pointed to the logo next to the door. “And it seems like it's time for us to find out whose exactly.”

Then he thought for a second and said “Hello, Kate! Yesterday I did not have time to say how glad we to have you by our side. And today we need your guidance".

“Hello, dear guests! I am glad to be of service to you”, - she immediately responded, and created a smile in the air.

“Keith, whom did we just meet?”

“Ah, that! This is crowd of participants in the historical reenactment of one of the battles of our ancient history. Today, there is a big fair on the Square of Concorde, and in about an hour its main part will take place, staging a historical event known as “The marriage of Gastinas and hell”.

“Whom? On what?" – asked really surprised tourists.

“Well, this is a historical legend, there was such certain Gastinas, who was tormented people and robbing the treasury. He was going to marry by force a young girl who had a bridegroom. And, in short, one of our national heroes, Torquel Jivoglot, first defeated his army, then beat him half to death, put him into a long line of unspeakable torments, taking from him every drop of life except the very last, but didn’t leave the case halfway, and cut his throat, saying that his wedding would take place today, but not the way he wanted, he would now marry with a beasts of hell, where he belong rightfully. Historical documents say that so much blood has flowed from the tyrant after that that the entire area of the trade fair, where it was taking place, was flooded by. If you have a time, you can travel to the place where it was unfolded and see by your own eyes really soulful monument recreating these events. Liquid, which was flowing around, looked like real blood, I must say”.

“Oh My God, what the history!” – words suddenly burst out from Naomi, listening to these details with some sort of consternation.
“Yes, the story is just right! Really something to be proud of! ” - said Keith with clearly audible deep satisfaction, obviously not noticing the intonation of the tourist.

“But I also wanted to find out,” added Wesley, as if nothing had happened. - “Why do these reenactors have tails?”

“Well, because then we had tails,” Kate answered as a matter of course. “And now we only wear them on holidays”.

It is interesting, Wesley noted to himself - after all, she speaks of herself as a living person and part of society.

“So, are you interested in the fair, read you the details of the story with hell, pick up the literature for you, or should I get any other route?” - Kate inquired kindly.

“Eeee ... I think we will take a walk, acclimatize, because the weather is nice, so we just wandering the scenery around. The historic city center is there, right? ” Wesley asked, pointing to the northwest.

“Yes, right behind the skyscrapers area of the business center. Shortest way along this road

Did you need make reminder about reenactment?”

“Yes, probably,” Wesley replied with some hesitation. “And I would like to visit the historical museum, and even better, the ethnographic one too. But right now you don’t have to bother yourself, we would just like to breathe the air.”

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Good morning Balqia

Postby Balqia » Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm

The fact that they were in a real house with furniture and a background that wasn’t just a green sheet was impressive. Mary was sitting besides the manager, as always he was using a black suit and a silver watch. The woman that was going to interview them was using a long skirt and a shirt that covered her arms, she had beautiful white teeth and golden hair.
— Good Morning, Balqia! And welcome to today’s episode where we will be talking with Mr Pikeviq, the manager of our beloved National Team and Mrs Rockwell, the team’s representative in foreign countries!
She started to speak as soon as the red light turned red, it was so subtle that Mary almost screamed.
— Hello, I am Markus Pikeviq, the manager of the National Team.
— And I am Mary Rockwell, the spokesperson for the team.
An intern tried to walk in the scene with three cups of coffee, but someone grabbed his shoulder, neither the woman nor the manager seemed to saw it.
— It’s very nice to have you here today!
— Thanks Eliza, the pleasure is being here!
— Yes the pleasure is…
— First question!
An abrupt interruption silenced Mary, maybe she wasn’t supposed to speak at that exact time.
— The team just lost against Gopnikea, do you feel responsible?
What kind of question was that?
— Not at all, our main goalkeeper wasn’t playing and the team was very nervous because of the earlier results. Everyone was doing their best to avoid another tie.
— And they did that very well, unfortunately. Don’t you think Mary?
— Y-yes, I mean… avoid mediocrity, we lost the match but won a lesson.
Both of them laughed.
— I think a point in the score worth more than a lesson when we are talking about being classified to the Cup! — She looked at the camera — And you? What do you think? Let us know by leaving a comment! — The blue eyes now aimed at Pikeviq. — So, you put the blame on the players, do you think they are so incompetent?
He laughed before answering.
— Oh, don’t be so harsh, they are the best in our country! We only got one yellow card, and that was just a mistake by Stariq. They are doing very well so far, we tied against teams much more experient than ours.
— Well, someone is to blame for it. Mrs Rockwell, what is the BFK’s reputation in the foreign countries?
She didn’t saw that coming.
— Uh… they… at least from where I come from it’s just a minor nation that don’t classify.
— Oh, I see. The actual team is just maintaining the tradition, and very well may I say!
— Aren’t you being too harsh?
Everyone looked at her.
— Did I lied?
— N-no.
— Okay, next question. What is the prognostic for the next match?
And so that was forgotten in a second.
— We are pretty confident, Berka is preparing the players to deal with Valentine Z’s defensive tactics. We are not going to let this defeat demoralize us or put our guard down, the boys are training very hard in this exact instant to make us proud.
— Everything has it’s first time! Now, speaking of our boys. Mrs Rockwell, a little bird told me that you got to talk with some players and was very well received by the team as a whole, could you tell us more about it?
At least she wasn’t lying completely.
— Yes. They were very gentle with me, Soletz in special was very kind.
— And what did you talked about?
— Not very much, we just chat a bit, the schedule is very tight you know? We only do small talk. But we spoke about…
— What did they spoke about? Let’s find out in the next block! Please, enjoy the small player’s biography that we prepared for you to know them as well as Mrs Rockwell did!
The red light turned off and the intern gave them their coffees, Eliza got up and went to the bathrooms direction while Markus drank his coffee. They stood there doing nothing until the presentator returned from the bathroom and sat down, just a second before the cameras turned on.
— Welcome back, everyone! So, Mrs Rockwell was talking about her relationship with the players. Wasn’t you Mrs Rockwell?
— Yes. So, as was I speaking, we only talk a little, but they are all good people. Soletz was very kind, and did you know that Simo hikes mountains?
— Yes, that was included in his short biography.
Seeing those videos would’ve been very helpful before entering the set.
— But let’s go to what matters. Mr Pikeviq, how bad things are going to get from now on?
— THey aren’t going to get worse at all! In fact I would say they are only going to get better. I can proudly say we are going to get in a very good ranking, that if we don’t classify!
— Dreaming is a right that everyone has, that I will give you. But don’t you think you are being a bit naive?
— No.
— Okay guys, our time is over for today. Thanks for being here with us!
It was already over? Rockwell wrote a full essay of things to say there.
— The pleasure was ours.
— So, I see you tomorrow, we will be talking with the health minister. We are waiting for you!
The three of them kept smiling at the camera for five seconds. With the programs end they shook hands and went eat something, Mary kept following the manager.
— What was that?
— That what?
— She was a total jerk!
He smiled.
— Don’t worry, it’s just a character. She is a very sweet person in fact.
— So why she talked like that with us?
— That’s part of the fun.
She pretended to understand and went to the table to grab some apples, the rest of the day was spent thinking about cheeky answers she could’ve gave to the presenter.
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Thu May 28, 2020 3:26 pm

OOC: Sanctanus also posted their roster in the BoF, I'll use it to identify their players.

Terre Septentrionale draws with Sanctanus

Shelburne, SH - Following a bye week, well rested Terre Septentrionale received Sanctanus in the harbor of Shelburne, known for it's shrimps and lobsters. Sanctanus attacked at the 7th minute when Timothy Turner passed to Zach Arley who made a header pass to Logan Wyatt who shoots and he scores. 1-0 Sanctanus. Sanctanus increased their lead at the 22nd minute when Zach Arley scored from a beautifull pass by Adrian Powell and the score was 2-0. 6 minutes later, Sandrine Fontaine passed the ball to Wlodzimierz Waclawczyk who dribbled and passed back to Fontaine. She kicks and the ball is in. Sanctanus' lead is cut to 2-1. The Crusaders scored another goal at the 37th minute when Tom Carson passed to Logan Wyatt who made a short pass to Isaac Strong who kicks and it's a goal. 3-1 Sanctanus and this is the score at the halftime.

The Nordiques attacked at the 59th minute when Élisabeth Nordmandin made a long pass to Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa who dribbled with the ball and made a cross to Sandie McCracken who kicks and the ball is in! 3-2 Sanctanus Terre Septentrinale attacked at the 66th minute when Yannick Ksiezniakiewicz tried to pass to Tymoteusz Swierczewski, who subbed in at the 51st minute, but David Ricard slides and kicks the ball away. Tom Carson takes the loose ball and made a long pass to Logan Wyatt who kicks the ball into the net and the score is 4-2 Sanctanus. Terre Septentrionale attacked again at the 74th minute when Roksana Kolodziejczyk passed the ball to Sandrine Fontaine who kicks the ball but Oliver Hughes deflects the ball all over the net and it's a corner kick. Normally Élisabeth Normandin would take the corner but she subbed out at the 51st minute, so Wlodzimierz Waclawczyk takes the corner kick. Waclawczyk kicks the ball in the penalty area, Noah Abraham jumps and clears the ball with his forehead. Slawomir Skrzeszewski dribbles with the ball and shoots from 35 meters and he scores! 4-3 Sanctanus. Terre Septentrionale attacked at the 90 +1 minute when Yannick Ksiezniakiewicz passed to Sandrine Fontaine who made a cross to Roksana Kolodziejczyk who kicks the ball and it's a goal, the game is tied at 4-4 and this is the final score!

BOXSCORE

7th minute: Logan Wyatt assisted by Zach Arley
22nd minute: Zach Arley assisted by Adrian Powell

28th minute: Sandrine Fontaine assisted by Wlodzimierz Waclawczyk
37th minute: Isaac Strong assisted by Tom Carson
59th minute: Sandie McCracken assisted by Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa
66th minute: Logan Wyatt assisted by Tom Carson
74th minute: Slawomir Skrzeszewski (unassisted)
90 +1 minute: Roksana Kolodziejczyk assisted by Sandrine Fontaine

YELLOW CARDS

17th minute: Élisabeth Normandin
32nd minute: Timothy Turner
81st minute: Franciszek Niedzwiecki

RED CARDS

None

Adyatin

Terre Septentrionale is now in 3rd place in the standings behind only Adyatin and Eura with 8 points in 4 games. Adyatin and Savojarna drew 3-3 and Chromatika finally won their 1st game of the group stage. On matchday 6, the Reprezentacja Nordycki will travel to Adyatin to play one of their most important game of the qualifications.

Franciszek Niedzwiecki injured himself at the 81st minute when tackling Isaac Strong and he will miss the next game against Adyatin. Weronika Zubrowska will replace him in the line up. Other games on matchday 6 will include Eura vs Chromatika and The Jovannic vs Savojarna. Chromatika, who loses against everyone, are capable to beat Eura.

Wlodzimierz Pietruszewski,
Senior writer,
La Tribune Septentrionale
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X WC 85 MD 5 RP

Postby 95X » Thu May 28, 2020 3:27 pm

From the 95X Wire Service:
95X 3–0 Talamia
(95X: Hardin :22, Madison :49, Dart :76)
SOUTHWESTPORT, 95X—Make it five in a row for the 95X National Soccer Team, who cruised to victory over Talamia.

The 95Xers held the opponents nicknamed The Hoopoes scorless the entire match, the first time in World Cup 85 Qualifying that 95X has done so, and they did it without their best player, Alix Ajax, most of the game.

95X Head Coach Katelynn State noticed Ajax, while still trying to captain the team, having trouble keeping up as the action moved up and down the pitch. According to the team doctors, Ajax was physcally fit, getting enough sleep and proper nutrition, yet moving slower than usual. This prompted a substitution for Becky Catron in the 21st minute, who filled in for the remainder of the match.

The change led to instant results for 95X, as Sydney Hardin kicked an excellent shot just a minute later. The game went to halftime with 95X up, one to nothing.

During the half, team doctors confirmed nothing was physically or psychologically wrong with Alix Ajax. Forced to sit the remainder of the match on the bench, Ajax was spotted by reporters sitting between the young midfield bench players, pointing things out every so often.

The second half opened with a second 95X goal four minutes in, as Summer Madison had a terrible look but a lucky bounce off the goalpost, and 95X took a two-zero lead. Roisin Dart would also put her name on the score sheet long after the game was decided.
(OOC: Britny Sierra once played soccer/association football in her teens and early 20s, before her lack of talent left her unsigned. After a chance meeting, she was hired in a front office and has filled team office roles since.)

Ask the 95X Media Spokesperson, with Britny Sierra

Hey, everyone! I can't believe I've been named Media Spokesperson for the 95X National Team! I'm so happy I could make squealing sounds! Anyway, I'm gonna write articles about the questions we get about the team! Our first question was sent to us by Cassie Stowers of Cascadia, 95X, who writes, "(h)ow do the players get their numbers? And, when will you be hitting up the beach on Cascade Island next? Luv u!"

Aw, thanks for the hearts Cassie, even though we only answer one question per letter I hope we can visit your city soon! Well, some players ask for numbers and if they aren't used we try to give them that number. Others we number in order based on their first appearance on the team.

Anyway, that's a great question, since we answered it here we'll send you an order form for a free replica shirt! That's all for now, be sure to bookmark this page of our website for our next article! Bye!
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Thu May 28, 2020 3:30 pm

JAGS JUBILANT OVER JADED JECKLAND

TJUN-ia got their first win of the World Cup Qualifying campaign, beating a poor Jeckland side 2-0 in Jecken Stadium to leapfrog the Spuds in the Group 1 table.

This match looked to be a close affair before kick off, with the Jags higher ranking and pedigree contrasting their poor form to date. Jeckland were coming off the back of their first victory in Villablanca, but suffered once again from a slow start as TJUN-ia burst forward in the first 10 minutes. McKenna’s cross was turned narrowly wide by Green, who then became provider to his striking partner Ulawaya, who forced a save out of Clemens. (By striking partner, I meant fellow attacker, not good looking lover).

Jeckland however found their feet in the game, with Martel continuing his good form from the Villablanca clash by again finding space to cut in and shoot on his left. However, on this occasion it went straight into the gleeful arms of Gylfisson. The match saw two teams both playing variants of 4-3-3, meaning it was less a battle of tactics and more of ability. This suited the Jags, who have more experience in WCQ.

This paid with their first goal, another mistake by the returning Grey leading to this one. A misplaced pass was latched onto by Vazquez, who played it to Green. The TJUN-ia striker (who is not in love with Ulawaya. Or maybe he is, I don't know) danced past Lovell with some fancy footwork before a smart finish put Jeckland behind.

That moment, although only in the 34th minute, was the beginning of the end for the Spuds. Dejected, passes started to go astray, with Gibbs in particular having a poor game in the middle of the park. Half time, a chance to regroup, came and went without much changing for the hosts, whose 100,000 capacity crowd got quieter and quieter as the game wore on.

The chances kept coming for TJUN-ia to double their lead, although none were hugely clear cut. Clemens had to dash off his line to stop Ulawaya latching onto a through ball, before a speculative shot from Johnson hit an unfortunate Jeckish fan square in the face. Throughout the second half, Jeckland looked disjointed, like a group of individuals rather than a team. Despite always being just a goal away from parity, the Jags never looked worried, and the glancing header from Peliniho which sealed the three points felt like an inevitability. Jeckland have a lot of work to do if they want to even compete in their next game, a tough fixture away at New Lusitania.

Kayden Ross: “That was without doubt our worst game of the qualifiers so far, no excuses. We didn’t execute our game plan at all and it showed in the result. Credit to TJUN-ia, they made it difficult for us, but we didn’t return the favour and we’re going to have to make sure we do that going forward to avoid finishing near the bottom of this group.

ELSEWHERE IN GROUP 1

The shock of the day saw Audioslavia lose 1-0 at home to Astograth, the former heavyweights showing a glimpse of their past power in securing the win. This meant Sajnur moved into a qualification spot following a 4-3 win over fellow hopefuls New Lusitania. Turori continued their ruthless start to the campaign, dispatching of Euran Oceanic Territories with a 4-0 win. The other unbeaten side than the top two is Natanians and Nosts, who registered their first win over Villablanca. Necosia got their first point on the board, drawing away at Porticalia.

RESULTS

Audioslavia 0–1 Astograth
Euran Oceania Territories 0–4 Turori
Porticalia 0–0 Necosia
Sajnur 4–3 New Lusitania
Jeckland 0–2 TJUN-ia
Natanians and Nosts 1–0 Villablanca

TABLE

-  Group 1                                     Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Turori 4 4 0 0 11 3 +8 12
2 Sajnur 5 3 2 0 16 12 +4 11
3 Audioslavia 5 3 0 2 5 3 +2 9
4 Astograth 4 2 1 1 6 3 +3 7
5 New Lusitania 5 2 1 2 8 8 0 7
6 Natanians and Nosts 4 1 3 0 8 7 +1 6
7 Porticalia 5 1 3 1 4 4 0 6
8 Muradil 4 1 2 1 4 5 −1 5
Villablanca 5 1 2 2 5 6 −1 5
10 TJUN-ia 5 1 1 3 7 8 −1 4
11 Jeckland 4 1 1 2 7 10 −3 4
12 Euran Oceania Territories 5 1 1 3 10 15 −5 4
13 Necosia 5 0 1 4 5 12 −7 1

Turori’s 100% record ensures they stay a point clear with a game in hand on most of their rivals. Astograth’s surprise win moves them up to the heady heights of fourth, while Jeckland sink to 11th, amongst seven teams in the group with just one win on the board.

MATCHDAY 6 FIXTURES

TJUN-ia (10th) vs. Natanians and Nosts (6th) - The Jags will be buoyed by their victory over Jeckland, and their opposition can’t keep drawing forever. I’ve got this as a home win.

New Lusitania (5th) vs. Jeckland (11th) - The third seeds face an opponent weaker than them on paper in the Spuds. I don’t like predicting against Jeckland, but I have to here.

Necosia (13th) vs. Sajnur (2nd) - The bottom side may have picked up their first point, but I can only see this one going one way.

Turori (1st) vs. Porticalia (7th) - The away side may have proven hard to beat so far, but they haven’t played the Eels yet.

Astograth (4th) vs. Euran Oceania Territories (12th) - A fascinating match up as form goes against batshit insanity. I’ll go for a draw.

Muradil (8th) vs. Audioslavia (3rd) - The home side will fancy themselves after the Bulls two straight losses - but I expect them to be hurting and bounce back to win.

Villablanca gets a bye, which given their last two games they’ll probably be glad of.

Five

Striker bearing down, one on one. No problem. Shift a little to the left, make yourself big, here comes the shot - saved. I grin as the ball bounces away for a throw in, with my team two nil up thanks to a brace from Bradford up front. The truth was the game was pretty even, but I was having a blinder in goal, saving everything that came to me. It wasn’t quite the same as an eleven a side match. The lower nets meant I made most of my saves with my feet, and thumping goal kicks were replaced with simple passes out of the back. Still, I’d missed this.

The three blows of the refs whistle indicated full time. High fives and hugs all around. The lads were gobsmacked by my performance in goal, and quickly asked if I could play every week when term resumed. I agreed. The other five would stay outfield with a rolling sub, while I would continue my efforts in goal.

I submitted my final essays for the first term, with no exams until the end of the year. Whilst I enjoyed Economics and didn’t find the course hugely difficult so far, writing them had been stressful, largely due to my inability to ration my time properly. Always procrastinating, both were submitted just a few hours before the deadline. I’d enjoyed my first term at uni, but truth be told I was fucking worn out by the time I went home for four weeks.

Being back was a welcome change of pace for me though. Not having to worry about cooking, doing my laundry or writing essays meant I could just chill at home, playing video games and generally wasting my time. I met up with my friends from school, who had been scattered across the country in different unis. They’d all been doing well too. It was good to know that even when moving into a new phase of life, we were still good friends.

I found myself thinking about Dad less than I used to, and when I did it became easier to deal with. Maybe it was just the number of distractions around me. Perhaps it was the fact that I was moving into a new phase of my life, a phase that didn’t involve him. As harsh as that sounds, I had to move on at some point. Mum and Esmee also seemed a little happier. I’d worried that leaving home would make it harder for them to deal with things, but if that was the case, they hid it from me.

Soon it was time to go back to Lingham. I felt a little apprehension, but far less than my maiden voyage for my first term. I thought that was normal. Little did I know it was the beginning of something far bigger.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Thu May 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Will your manager want to marry a beast from hell after tonight?
MD6 RP cutoff for groups 9-15. Scores here.
Last edited by Zwangzug on Thu May 28, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Thu May 28, 2020 4:22 pm

The big day for the Bill of Secession had finally come, with the two chambers of the Royal Parliament of Valladares being summoned by Speaker of the Royal Senate Stéphane Bertrand to convene in a joint session to vote for its approval after discussion had been concluded in both the Senate and National Assembly. Given that this bill proposed substantial changes to the territorial organization of the United Kingdom of Valladares, it was being treated as a constitutional amendment and as such, its passage required the support of two-thirds of those MPs who were present and voting. Furthermore, a quorum of two-thirds of the entire Royal Parliament was required to be present in order to call up the bill for vote.

The joint session had been scheduled to start at 9 in the morning of a sunny Wednesday, and MPs started arriving into the Royal Parliament building two hours in advance and their motorcades were diverted to a special entrance at the rear of the building so as to avoid the main entrance which was being slowly crowded with civilians both in support and against the Bill, as well as journalists and TV cameras hoping to catch an unsuspecting MP for an interview. One after another, Conservative, Catholic, Green, Hispanic, Nationalist, Secular, Independent, and even Aboriginal deputies began to arrive at the place. However, those who were conspicuous by their absence were the Liberal and Labour deputies, who had announced their intention to boycott the session so that the required quorum to even call up the bill for vote was not reached, and kept their word. The event also had some important guests in attendance, such the speaker of the Mountbatten State Assembly and Hispanic leader Álvaro Montillo, main proponent of the bill, who was invited to the event along with other three prominent Mountbatten Hispanic politicians, as well as the entire Mountbatten state Cabinet, and the Royal Cabinet, led by Prime Minister of Valladares Jefferson Pratt. King Marcus of Valladares had been invited as well but eventually his counselors recommended him not to attend on safety grounds. He was to be replaced by the Royal Delegate for the Mountbatten state, who was also unable to attend due to health issues the previous night.

Since this was going to be a joint session, none of the usual rooms where the Senate and the National Assembly assemble were open, and the session was held at a special room placed right below the the distinctive dome of the legislative building: the Dome Room. The Dome Room was the largest of the three meeting spaces in the Royal Parliament building, a place imbued with magnificence in its four corners, with its walls filled with paintings reflecting the main highlights in Valladar history, such as the two Valladar uprisings in the 18th and 19th centuries, the decisive Battle of Cinco Ríos, the signing of the Royal Constitution at that very same room in 1910, among several others. The Dome Room is always used for special sessions that require the two legislative chambers to assemble together such as the ones held right after the coronation of a King, inaugurations of legislative terms, constitutional amendments, or even the passing of declarations of war, and precisely, one of those events was going to be held that day. Everyone started filling out the Domed Room, the Senate MPs took their seats in the two rows of seats in the right flank, the National Assembly ones sat in the two rows to the left as well as the central one, while the guests were placed in the boxes in the second floor of the room. The session was to be led by the boards of both chambers, with Senate Speaker Bertrand appointed as Speaker of the Royal Parliament for this session, as stated by the Royal Constitution.

Bertrand had been, for some time, quite keen in undermining the standing of both Liberals and Labourists in the Royal Parliament, and with the entire Liberal and Labour Senate bloc fulfilling their threat to boycott the voting session and being also joined in that purpose by their fellow party members in the National Assembly, the Conservative leader found the perfect excuse (and the chance) to make that wish come true, since once all of this was over, regardless of the outcome, he would be able to open up a disciplinary procedure against the MPs of both parties for failing to attend a crucial voting session that required the attendance of the entire Royal Parliament, which could even lead to both parties losing their seats in the legislative body. And to leave nothing to chance, he opened the joint session with a deliberate proposal to reduce the quorum required to conduct it from 269 to 182, by not counting the 87 Liberal and Labourist Senate and National Assembly MPs who were absent from the session. While the absence of the Liberal and Labour bloc from the session would not be enough by itself to stop it from being held, it meant that the two-thirds majority to hold the joint session would be very narrow, which was too much of a risk for the Conservative speaker:

"If they're not here to defend their position at such an important moment, then they have no right to even be recognized as MPs..."

The proposal of reducing the quorum, although initially protested by some MPs because it had not been included in the agenda sent by e-mail the night before, eventually passed with only the four Aboriginal Senators voting against, and the session began with a reading of the final bill, article by article, as it was conciliated at both legislative chambers. Upon finishing reading the last article, the Speaker granted the floor to Montillo, who was received by most of the 182 MPs present at the session with thunderous applause. After some grooming to his suit, Montillo came down from his box to the pulpit to give his speech before the Parliament, which was aimed to remind the Royal Parliament of the principles laid by the Royal Constitution of 1910, as far as statehood by language was concerned:

"Good morning. Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of the Hispanic peoples of Mountbatten, I would like to thank you for opening the doors of this Honourable place to our people and their needs. Today I have come to you with one dream, one hope, and one goal that has been on the minds of the inhabitants of eastern Mountbatten for over a century: to have our own state. While it is true that both Hispanophones and Anglophones have lived at peace with each other in the same territory for nearly 300 years, it has become evident that we cannot live under this status quo for much longer with the state's main powers and attention being heavily concentrated in the west, in Carloburgo, while we in the east are increasingly forced to turn to Metropolis for support. This situation would be much better for our people if we had our own state! The Royal Constitution of 1910 in its Article 20 supports us in this struggle..."

Montillo's intervention continued for nearly an hour, in which he surprisingly adopted a more conciliatory position regarding sensitive issues such as the future status of the city of Columbus, accepting to hand it over to the federal state while its citizens decided on their future as outlined in the final version of the bill instead of adamantly claiming it as the capital of the new state, to be known as Angostura.

"...and with that, I finish my intervention before this honourable group, hoping that you end up making the best decision possible regarding the future of the entire people of Mountbatten. The future of our nation, now more than ever, is in your hands. Long Live Valladares! and Long Live Angostura!"

There were no real speeches against the Bill, since its biggest opponents, the Liberals and Labourists were not there to defend their stance, and some Aboriginal MPs and others representing minor parties who were still not convinced of giving its support to the Bill but were not quite confident to speak against it. After three hours of discussion, it was finally time for the big moment of the day: the vote. Bertrand requested a motion of silence, and announced that the time for voting had come, while also describing the procedure to follow:

"With all discussion now concluded, the time for voting on the Bill of Secession has come. The procedure will be as follows: on your desks, each of you may find a voting device with two options. If you want this Bill to pass, you may press the green button to vote Aye, if you do not want this Bill to pass, you may press the red button to vote Nay. When I command you to, everyone will press the button of their choice, with the device pointing at this screen in the front right corner of this room. The Bill will pass with two-thirds of votes being Aye. That said, everyone may vote...now!"

The MPs aimed their devices at the screen, and it was just a matter of seconds for the results to appear on it:

AYE: 167
NAY: 15
The Bill of Secession passes with 91.8% of votes.

As soon as the screen showed those results, celebration erupted at the Dome Room, on the steps of the Royal Parliament building, and in nearly every town in eastern Mountbatten and the Greater Metropolis suburbs belonging, until then, to the Mountbatten state. Conversely, long faces were seen at the half of the steps of the Royal Parliament building where the opponents of the bill were gathering, everywhere in the Mountbatten state west of the Aguablanca river, and of course at the headquarters of the Labour Party of Valladares in Metropolis, where Liberal and Labour politicians and supporters gathered to watch the developments on TV, and who could not hide their fury at the entire procedure.

Returning to the Royal Parliament, Álvaro Montillo could not help but uttering a grin of satisfaction from the boxes while on the first floor the MPs were congratulating and hand-shaking each other, before leaving the building. After all, his biggest goal was now just one signature away from becoming a reality...

Commonwealth of Baker Park 4-0 Valladares
(Hayes 10', Simmons 36', Bozeman 53', Jones 81')

Starting XI: Gaviria - Pedretti, Delgado, Rueda - Rojas, O'Brien, Mickel, Barrios - Baume, Alexandre, Benezet
Yellow Cards: Pedretti 19', Rueda 38', O'Brien 71'
Subbed Out: Baume 46', Rueda 63', Mickel 76'
Subbed In: Núñez 46', Waldo 63', Matheus 76'
Unused Subs: Dussan, Marrugo, Castillo, Malicki, Lachlant, Padilla, Pearson, Cross
Manager: Paulo Oliveira

Stadium: Collins Park, Oceana, Baker Park
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Thu May 28, 2020 5:25 pm

Previously

Audioslavia 0-1 Astograth
Cathair, Audioslavia, Arena Kirola

Lineup: Anzizar, Remondegi, Leskerre, Doyenard, Lizarza, Lekea, Gurina, Berdesagar, Malkorra, Duarte, Urdanibia
Substitutions: Urkizo for Malkorra, Narke for Gurina, Arana for Urdanibia
Goalscorer: Urdanibia

“I don’t remember a time where I wasn’t playing football,” said Yasone Urdanibia, as he walked with Landerra Lazaga through the tree-lined paths of the Miotako training ground, “but I guess that’s what all of us say”.

It was a brisk weekday morning in Rumiatzi, a good time for interviews, and today’s was with the team’s star forward. “Your family encouraged you to play football?”

“Yeah, yeah. My family, my friends, the kids in the neighbourhood, we all played on the street. My mother started taking me to the South Factory academy when I was 8. They put me as goalkeeper, actually, because I was always tall for my age. Then at 13 I didn’t make the cut to move up, I was heartbroken. You know Manu Balza, the keeper for Gesterlake? Yeah, he was ahead of me. So I went to Rumiatzi 529, which was only a few years old at that point – it’s a refounding of Rumiatzi United, after that one joined with Army. The coach there, Laurin something, he told me to play forward and I was good! So I stayed.

We were playing in the Capital Region League at that time, during the Regency. The senior team was in the second division of that, but we got to the quarterfinals of the youth tournament with the U15 team, and the semifinals when I was in the U18s. The next year, 669, the coach called me up. He was an old guy with a big walrus moustache who’d played for United, Ospin Larrandart. Rumiatzi United. He put me on and I just started scoring, and we won the title. Next year we were in the Elite League and we finished something like 10th out of 20, I scored like 12 goals, I think. In the break Royal Ibarbe and Athletic Rumiatzi both offered me a transfer, but honestly, I was scared that if I wasn’t in the system we’d built at 529 then I wouldn’t work. The next year I had a hamstring injury that scared me, but I came back and we did great. My best moment that season was a hat-trick away to Royal Rumiatzi, and we drew that match 3-3. It was special. But then old man Larrandart retired, they hired Gito Pizan to replace him, and I knew I had to go somewhere else. Back then, officially, we were amateur players, so they’d pay us to do a “full-time” job that was minor or made up; Labour never looked into it unless they were out to get you. It also meant we could always leave on a free transfer, so I packed my bags and took up Oyardo FC on an offer they’d made.”

Urdanibia turned to face Lazaga, “Am I rambling?”

The researcher laughed. “No, please keep going. This is useful.”

“Oh, okay. Good. So anyway, I got to Oyardo aged 21. Crossed the whole country. The Anzar League was completely different. The pitches were absolute shit, it rained all the time, but we were the best team and drew huge crowds for the time. I scored, I think, 24 goals that season, and we won the title. That was a hell of a team: Zabal Echegoin, Erenoitz Madagan, Otsando Yrubetagoyena was the captain. It was Baladi Berhongaray’s first season managing the senior team too. Then for 673 Urtsua Ulibarria got promoted as first-choice goalkeeper. But anyway, that season… in the middle of it, it’s announced that the FAF is back on its feet and the First Division and all that, and there’s going to be a tournament for the champions of each league to set it all up. So we’d been slacking a bit and had to get back in gear, but we ended up being three points short of Old Boys. That was a real kick in the teeth.

After that, well, we were in the First Division and it was incredible, frankly. I’d last seen it played when I was 11 and those were the glory days, you know? So I’d dreamed of it being run again, and suddenly I was in the middle of it. I had issues with injuries again, my hamstring and an ankle sprain, but I still scored 19 in 24 appearances, which made me top scorer. Then Royal Rumiatzi needed a top striker and the rest is history, no?”

They’d lapped one of the training pitches a few times by now, so Lazaga suggested they sit on a bench to continue the interview. “Are you happy with the career you’ve had?”

“Yes. Yes, I couldn’t say otherwise. It’s been incredible. Royal Rumiatzi is the best team in the country and to be there for so long, and have the peoples’ respect… that’s not common at all.”

“What about for the national team?”

Urdanibia shrugged and scratched his chin. “I mean, I’m a starter, I’ve scored 10 goals in 23 matches, I can’t complain. It’s an honour. I grew up seeing guys like Dardan, Churin, Kiriano, Alberro, Arizmande. I wanted to be them, wear the shirt, and here I am.”

“Would you say there’s something missing?”

Urdanibia laughed. “Well, there could always be more, you know. Of course I want to win the World Cup and the Champions’ League, but that’s on another level. I’m 32, I’m not getting to that level. That’s okay.”

“But the players you mentioned – Dardan, Churin, so on – did they have something you didn’t?”

This made Urdanibia sit back and blow some air, looking up at the clearing sky.

“I don’t know. Opportunities, I guess? Or maybe they were just better. I mean, let’s be honest, when was the last time we had a really great match? A really great moment? Necosia? ASMRLand? Holding Sargossa to a draw, maybe. Even that was ages ago, I’d just signed for Rumiatzi. I think that Copa Rushmori in Ossidiacqua was the last time this team did something special, and I was 10 years old”.

“The match with Turori was good, relatively.”

“Yeah, sure, but we still lost. It’s consolation, but it’s not memorable. It’s not a Copa Rushmori final, it’s not Galard chipping that penalty, it’s not Ormache scoring in Jhanna. It isn’t knocking out Polar Islandstates from the World Cup.” Urdanibia looked away, toward the start of the path, where his teammates were beginning to emerge from the lounge. “Most memorable thing we’ve done is lose 7-0.”

“What do you think about the match with Audioslavia?”

Urdanibia stood up. “We’ll beat them,” he said, and took off to join his squad.

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

WC85 MD5

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Thu May 28, 2020 5:30 pm

Still Looking for a Title
Alan Dymek and Otto Benson: The Algolian Twins
Salwan Mynhier

This week, we'll take a look at the careers of defenders Alan Dymek and Otto Benson of Algolia and Damogran FC respectively. This is a bit of a departure from the stated intent of this article series, but it would really be impossible to discuss one of the two without the other. In addition to being in the first team for the Red-and-Black's back line simultaneously, from cycle 26 to cycle 28, they were also each the key player in the back line for rivals Algolia AC and Damogran FC respectively. Their performance, along with that of the rest of the defense, in World Cup 26 was already covered to some extent in Franz Persson's bio. The first-round disaster against Jeruselem left a strong impression on the team. The blame for the team's early elimination was placed squarely on the shoulder of a defense that allowed six goals in two matches after the opening win over Wentland.

During the intervening years, there was considerable speculation that Dymek and Benson, who were 23 and 22 respectively during the tournament, were not the defensive wunderkinds they had been billed as. Dymek, after languishing on the reserve list during the run to third place in World Cup 25, had only just been promoted, while Benson made the first team in his first World Cup. In short, the two had been unproven going into the tournament, and while they were often the subjects of fierce debate in and around the city of Damogran where both played, to many from outside Algolia considered them as something of a matched pair. Their performance through qualifying had been decent enough by Squornshelan defensive standards, but nothing spectacular. The unfortunate truth was, West Squornshelan football was going through some lean years at the time. Damogran's star had faded a bit. They were still among the best in the west, but not up to challenging for the league title. It was around this time, though, that the Damogran-Algolia Rivalry, which had always simmered as it will with teams from the same city, really began to take off. Big Squornshelan clubs like Vogsphere, Kakrafoon, Santraginus and so on may have ruled the top of the table, but in those days, West Squornshelous held its own club cup, and Damogran and Algolia would face off in a number of tense finals. Luck of the draw certainly helped, but when the same two teams meet in a cup final four out of five years, they must be doing something right. Both were built from the back line out, using their star defenders as foundations. It was this excellence and, to be honest, publicity that helped Dymek and Benson hold onto their spots in the first team, along with a host of easterners.

World Cup 27 qualifying must have been a very special time to be a fan of the Red-and-Black. The attack, featuring such players as Ogbadan and Xenakis of Vogsphere, Syvatov of Santraginus, Petrov of Fallia, and Markanen who had played his youth ball at Blerontia, but played for over ten years at Turoki Isle, put on a clinic seemingly in every match. When all sixteen matches had been played and the dust had settled, the Red-and-Black had recorded 67 goals. They clinched the top spot for goals scored in qualifying with a stupefying 8-0 victory over Spaamanian Plijous on the final matchday to hold off Sarzonia, who "only" managed to win 6-2 over Rorysville for a total of 64. In the celebration of this feat of attacking football, the achievement of the defense was often lost. In those same 16 matches, they allowed only 14 goals. Setting aside a pair of bad outings away from home in which they allowed four in a draw against Jon Parkin, and a loss to Schiavonia, they did not allow more than one goal in any match, and kept eight clean sheets.1

Riding high on their qualifying performance, in which they won their last 11 matches, Dymek, Benson, and the rest of the Pschychoes opened up the group stage with another pair of wins before losing to Eauz in a match that only impacted seeding, as both teams had already clinched advancement. The win streak of 13 matches is the longest absolute win streak in Squornshelan footballing history, and second longest if only competitive matches are considered (the other is a 14-match win streak encompassing the entirety of World Cup 39 qualifying, but bisected by a friendly loss to Vephrall). The first victory over Turori had been a fairly open 3-2 match with some defensive miscues and both attacks taking advantage. The next three matches were much more tense, with a surprisingly close 1-0 victory over Praying2God, and a narrow 2-1 loss to Eauz rounding out the group stage. The defense was once again solid for the Red-and-Black in the second round, as they refused to concede against Casari, advancing 1-0. Meeting with Rejistania, champions of World Cup 23, and runners-up in World Cup 25, in the quarterfinals was a recipe for another tense defensive battle. The masters of System Karela were bested though, scoring one goal, but conceding two, a result that surly occasioned many apostrophe filled posts on Rejistanian message boards. In the semis though, it was Liventia, and the Red-and-Black could not stand in the way of Margaret, who apparently wanted to watch the World Cup 26 final over again, less one goal. The Terminators prevailed, and a dejected and unmotivated Squornshelan team was hammered in the third-place match by Starblaydia. Tryhards.

World Cup 28 seemed to be getting off to as good a start as World Cup 27 at first. Dymek and Benson, now 31 and 30 were the veteran bookends of a three-man defense, of which all three were natural center backs. The qualifying campaign was not as spectacular as their last had been (it was a tough act to follow), but they did what they needed to do: qualify. They finished with a very solid 9-2-1 record, though without the gaudy goal differential they'd had four years previous. In the group stage, they had a slightly troubling opening draw with Krytenia, but followed that up with a pair of wins over Dance2Revolution and Sarzonia, with the defense allowing a single goal in each match. Some perfectionists might prefer clean sheets, but with the practical, bend-dont-break attitude those old Squornshelan defenses had to take, you can't really fault Dymek and Benson here. Unfortunately, waiting for them in the second round was none other than Liventia. The Terminators hung three goals on the Red-and-Black once again, and went on their way to a third straight top-three finish. When you take a step back and consider that this was part of the stretch when some combination of Liventia, Bedistan and Starblaydia played in the finals of four out of five cups (WC26-WC30), it's hard to fault Dymek and Benson here. There just wasn't any stopping those teams, unless you were one of the other two.

Dymek and Benson continued to play for Algolia and Damogran for years, though a roster shakeup following the second-round exit from WC28 meant their international careers were over. In retirement, Dymek became Algolia's youth coach, molding decades of young players and helping Algolia remain a dominant force in Squornshelan football. Benson was briefly a sportscaster, but quickly found that his talent was more for entertaining than presenting. He eventually became the host of popular Squornshelan game-show It's a Deal!, to the point that decades later, children were amazed to find that the It's a Deal guy had once been a footballer. One final note: for the World Cup 28 campaign, Dymek and Benson were joined on the back line by another, younger West Squornshelan. He was Josef Kaizers of Chalesm FC, and his career will be the subject of next week's article. Until then, keep reading.

1 Squornshelous also beat The Islands of Qutar 3-1 and 3-0, so they can't be all that great now can they?

SRS Qualifying Schedule
MD1:  SRS 4-5 Torisakia @ Pheldagrif Stadium, Yassaca, Sivolvia, SRS (cap. 45,620)
MD2: Balaslandia 2-3 SRS @ TBA
MD3: SRS 5-3 Wreckeria @ Sunergy Field, Hunian, Algolia, SRS (cap. 37,550)
MD4: Busgoa Islands 2-3 SRS @ Dukuma Oval, Dukuma, BUS (cap. 63,000)
MD5: Bye
MD6: SRS v Drawkland @ Megabrantid Financial Field, Brantisvogan, Megabrantis, SRS (cap. 69,245)
MD7: Jantor v SRS @ TBA
MD8: SRS v Gyatso-kai @ Slavnarzeczpospolitastadion, Lublova, Molvania, SRS (cap. 61,230)
MD9: Donnacona v SRS @ TBA
MD10: SRS v Kita-Hinode @ Bridger Lane, Damogran, Algolia, SRS (cap. 72,406)
MD11: Kohnhead v SRS @ Orange Bull Stadium, Kohnhead City, KHN (cap. 23,000)
MD12: SRS v EGM @ Igbar Steel Arena, Zarss, West Flania, SRS (cap. 15,100)
MD13: Lochario v SRS @ Zun Olympic Stadium, (cap. 98,000)
MD14: Torisakia v SRS @ TBA
MD15: SRS v Balaslandia @ Killough Grove, Han Wavel, Han Dold, SRS (cap. 31,400)
MD16: Wreckeria v SRS @ Patrick Stadium, Halstead, WRE (cap. 30,000)
MD17: SRS v Busoga Islands @ The Lutenstaad, Lutenblag, Molvania, SRS (cap. 75,000)
MD18: Bye
MD19: Drawkland v SRS @ Spartan Veteran Stadium (107,500)
MD20: SRS v Jantor @ Malgacorp Arena, Hensha, Megabrantis, SRS (cap. 29,350)
MD21: Gyatso-kai v SRS @ Meshgeroya'yaim, Keldabe, GKI (cap. 79,890)
MD22: SRS v Donnacona @ Smolak Systemy Stadion, Sjerezo, Molvania, SRS (cap. 31,200)
MD23: Kita-Hinode v SRS @ Tentai City, Tentai, HIN (cap. 80,000)
MD24: SRS v Kohnhead @ Olympiastad, Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, SRS (cap. 47,550)
MD25: EGM v SRS @ TBA
MD26: SRS v Lochario @ Castle Street, Jaglan, Algolia, SRS (cap. 57,300)
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

South Covello
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Covello » Thu May 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Revolution Stadium Evacuated After Bomb Thread, Match Against Main Nation Ministry Delayed Over Three Hours

Revolution Stadium in Riverview was evacuated last night as the players of South Covello were getting set to come out for kickoff of a World Cup Qualifier. At approximately 7 PM, the ticket office received a call from a man identifying himself as "T.L. Eeder" who stated he had placed bombs all around the stadium in order to kill everyone present. At that time, the ticket office recognized it as a hoax and alerted security, who made the decision to enhance protocol but not evacuate. At 7:50 PM, the ticket office received another call from the so-called Mr. Eeder, stating "The bombs are all around the stadium. You are not evacuating. That is a bad idea. Do you want to die or are you just dumb as shit?" At that point, security ordered the evacuation of the stadium, which was announced over the public address system. After the stadium was evacuated, police, security, and bomb squads began a thorough search of the stadium for bombs and discovered nothing of note. At about 9:45 PM, they gave the all clear and the players and who remained of the fans began to file back into the stadium for the much anticipated match. The players needed to warm up again and the match wound up not starting until 11:15 PM before a stadium that should have been sold out, and officially was, but in reality was about 2/3 empty. Perhaps weakened by the lack of enthusiasm, the Rebels played to a lackluster 2-2 draw in the hotly anticipated match that wound up ending around one in the morning before only a few hundred hardy fans who had stuck it out.

Meanwhile, South Covello Police, now tired of the so called Mr. Eeder's repeated pranks, which had moved from mild inconvenience into mass annoyance and may have cost South Covello a World Cup Qualifying win, traced the call to a payphone outside the stadium and identified "Eeder' as Dale Whiteweed, a 19 year old college dropout. Using surveillance video, they tracked Whiteweed to a hotel next to the stadium, where they also found him in possession of copious amounts of marijuana and "stoned out of his mind." Although marijuana is legal in South Covello, one is required to be at least 21 to possess or use it unless they are in the presence of someone above that age who gives their permission, in which case the legal age is 16 if the person is their parent or legal guardian, or 18 otherwise. As Mr. Whiteweed was not in the presence of such an adult, he was charged with marijuana possession in addition to being charged with four counts of making terroristic threats. Although the former is merely an infraction and carries a fine of 100 liberos and no criminal record, similar to a traffic ticket, the latter charges are punishable by up to two years in prison and a fine of 5,000 liberos each, plus restitution for any expenses incurred by anyone inconvenienced by the bomb threats, including all the resources expended by law enforcement, tickets and potentially hotels for fans who were unable to stay for the delayed match, and maybe even restitution to the podcast hosts of SoCo Goes Loco if they could find some way to quantify that. All in all, he was in big trouble.

When police interrogated him, he was laughing hysterically and after being read his rights, told the officers "It was really funny, wasn't it? LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ. Haxxers Gang Forever!" and later stated he thought it would be just hilarious to frame The Leader of Main Nation Ministry for calling in multiple bomb threats to his alleged enemies. There are reports that The Leader himself is seeking to extradite Whiteweed to Main Nation Ministry to face charges and execution for the crime of impersonating him, but as the South Covello Constitution explicitly bars extradition if the death penalty is being sought, even in cases of murder, that request will be denied when it is formally heard by the courts in the morning.

Moose Wolf, Riverview Police Chief best known for his involvement in the Maria Polus Pieing Scandal, released a statement following Mr. Whiteweed's arrest stating "Dale Whiteweed may think he was just playing a hysterical, harmless prank, but it was anything but. Our police and emergency services wasted tens of thousands of liberos searching for the non-existent bombs, about 25,000 fans were unable to use the tickets that they paid for, and in some cases wasted money on hotels and cross-country or even international travel to see the match but were unable to do so, and police resources were diverted from potential other emergencies. I will work with the Prosecutor in this city to ensure Mr. Whiteweed is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, in response to The Leader's request to have Mr. Whiteweed executed and face execution, we will not do so. We are a civilized nation that does not even execute murderers, yet alone someone like Mr. Whiteweed. We are not our predecessors Gregoryisgodistan. Mr. Whiteweed will go to prison here and we will make sure of that. However, if any fans from Main Nation Ministry were unable to use their tickets for the match due to the lengthy delay caused by Mr. Whiteweed's actions, we have set up an online portal to allow them to submit claims for restitution. Should Mr. Whiteweed be ordered to pay it, which I think quite likely, he will then be ordered to reimburse those fans for the costs they incurred due to his actions. Finally, I would like to thank our police officers, bomb squad, and stadium security personnel for all their hard work in handling this matter. Thank you, and good night."

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Thu May 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Torje out!

The association football national manager,Torje,was fired after the team's unsatisfactory performance at the Campionato Esportiva XXVI.The new manager to assume the rôle is Márcus Ion Mutu.
Torje had taken the team to the lay-offS of the Campionato in earlier editions and had almost advanced to the World Cup Qualifying play-offs.
Márcus Ion Mutu is the former manager of Mkhedruli F.K.,a position he had for the past three years.He has the goal of improving and renewing the team in the next years.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

New Lusitania and the Algarves
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Lusitania and the Algarves » Thu May 28, 2020 6:30 pm

STL|Serviços de Transmissão Lusitana
Sport | Football|
World Cup 85

FALLING DOWN
Sajnur 4-3 New Lusitania
@ National Stadium, Javoser (Att: 94 592)

A travel to Sajnur would provide the setting for the following Matchday in the road to the world cup. New Lusitania to make one or two changes as Azinheira gets a chance at a full match with Mário switching back into the left flank along with Guerreiros. For the home side, Laghiev starts in goal with Vuierev, Jana, Murje and Salloah in defence, playing in their new light-blue alternative kit for the first time. Tule, Saifik and Levici would be the three man midfield as Down, Naulo and Maktar complete the set.
Under the massive lights of the National Stadium, the game went underway. Sajnur got that home crowd boost which permitted them to get a good start against the Selecção as Naulo had a good shot in the opening moments. The home team would be in fact the first one to score, albeit by the foot of Maktar who had received the ball from Down. The score was now 1-0 as the crowds went wild. Past the half-hour mark it was New Lusitania's turn to return the favour, as Mário stormed down the pitch and curved the ball into Silveira which had to control it and put it down nicely for the equaliser. The first half would however have a dark twist as New Lusitania won a penalty in the closing moments of the half. Salloah had tackled Silveira, which had been left in the box's pitch on the ground as he received a yellow. As the medic team came in, it was soon known that the Porto striker had to come off. Guilherme Paciência would get some more playing time at the restart because of this, at a time where the team were leading, as Jota took the penalty down into the left to take the lead - it would be later known that André Silveira would likely have to wait until the second round of games to get back going in the national squad. So as halftime came down upon the ground, the away side led but the home team had most of the statistics on their side...
The second half would provide more of the same good action from the first half as Sajnur struck back. A moment of brilliance from the team playing in red and dark blue as Levici would set up Down for the upcoming kill, a big blow into the net to make it all square again. They'd come back some time later to take the lead, as New Lusitania had changed into a different approach to get more footing in this game. Exploring a sudden gap in the defensive line, Naulo would make the third going straight down the middle to push the home fans morale up as chants carried out. The game was all but over though - following a defended corner, Fernando received the headed ball from Azinheira, the national captain in turn threaded a pass to Paciente who after a good run up would score his first international goal - truly a special moment for one of the newer faces on the team. Despite Azinheira's good match, Santa Cruz had made the decision for his second substitute as Ferradura finally played for the team, in a defensive bid to even things out. It was a game of patience and discipline but the dying moments had something to say. Sajnur would have another corner taking the opportunity to cross it in and before everything knew it, Levici had scored the winner as the crowds entered delirium in such a massive moment. For the Lusitanians however, it meant defeat, a defeat that put their plans a bit on halt considering the situation. FULL TIME: 4-3

Around the Grounds
As New Lusitania slipped back into fifth, Turori would remain unbeaten at the top with one less game, after a convincing 0-4 victory at the EOT. Sajnur were the group's sensation as they found themselves a point behind, albeit with one less game following their unexpected win, as Audioslavia had been attacked by Astograth resulting in a 0-1 victory for the travellers as both teams also placed ahead of the Selecção. Natanians and Nosts finally one their first match in their return with a 1-0 victory at home against Villablanca as Porticalia had a goalless draw with Necosia, the away side's first point. Jeckland lost to TJUN-ia 0-2 at home but still have an extra game to play. Next time, they face New Lusitania, a familiar face. During World Cup 80, New Lusitania had beaten Jeckland and Jeckland beat New Lusitania meaning that there could be scores to settle. From Leiria, city in the forest, the Selecção await the tough rematch which is sure to catch everyone's attention.

THE HUB
Goals: Jota (2), Silveira (2), Veiga (1), Fernando (1), Gama (1), Paciente (1)
Assists: Fernando (2), Mário (2), Gama (1), Horta (1), Azinheira (1), Silveira [1]
Bookings: Cancela (2Y)
Injuries: Silveira (expected Return MD12)
Next Match: New Lusitania X Jeckland
@Estádio Dom Diniz, Leiria

MMXX STL
NEW LUSITANIA AND THE ALGARVES

PROUD MEMBER OF THE IDU \ Trigramme: NLA
Embassy Program - Closed
Champions of IAC9, 3rd IAC6
3G, 2S, 2B at the IDU Olympics'19
Semi-finalist of the WPIC 3 [Water Polo]
Almost made it to World Cup 80 (3rd in Group) as well as World Cup 81 (lost playoff)

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

WC 85 Qualifying MD5

Postby Chromatika » Thu May 28, 2020 6:36 pm

Chromatik City Courier
Jordan Lawless, Sports Columnist

Group 3 Matchday 5: Chromatika 3-1 Wanarpu @ RCK Field, Alnio (Cap. 100,400, 32,000 seate)
Chromatik Scorers: Andisori '4, Victoriane '29, Reynolds '68
Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Tioux; McBee - Anderson - Friedman - Rowles; Limones - Kim, M.S.; Victoriane - Mora - Dragana; Andisori (C).
Substitutes: Reynolds -> Dragana ('52), Armageddon -> Dias ('68), Nocturne -> Rowles ('72)
Projected Starting XI @ (3) Eura (3-1-0): Ria; Xiao - de Aea - Will - Ilya; Armageddon - Dias; Victoriane - Mora - Dragana; Andisori (C).

RCK FIELD, ALNIO, CHROMATIKA -

Keira Andisori pounced on the fourth minute with a highlight-worthy strike, the Chromatik defense played their best game this cycle, and Sylvie Reynolds pushed the game out of reach with twenty minutes to spare as the Chromatik Anomalies scored their first points this cycle with a respective showing versus unranked Wanarpu in Match 5 of their qualifying campaign.

The Chromatiks, who had had the worst start by a Pot 2 team in the last ten World Cups, finally were able to put things together for at least the first seventy minutes to handle their minnow opponents and end the streak of horrible showings that had frankly gotten a bit out of hand.

This result was just in time as well as Chromatika will next face a stretch of three games against teams much higher in pedigree - a match away at top-seeded Eura, home versus sixth seeded Northwest Kalactin, and ending with a road match in Eshan.

The clash with Eura will be a litmus test to see how much the team has grown through adversity. Even a draw on the road against the Group's top team that hasn't dropped a match yet would show Chromatika's resurgence and provide hope for the future during these long qualifiers.

An air of calmness and relief presided the locker room instead of the usual excitement or enthusiasm after this match; in fact, everyone just seemed so content and happy to have ended that dubious streak.

When pressed, Keira Andisori stated that the team had spent some time before the match talking about what was not working properly in their channels of communication to cut the confusion and chaos between individuals when playing on the pitch. She said that the fact that they were facing an unranked nation meant that the team could handle the psychological barriers with more gusto since they knew that they would be ahead of their counterparts as a whole.

It does remain to be seen if this result is an outlier in a failed campaign for Evans and Everdeen (one that would likely fire them at this rage) or the start of a new trend in performing at a level that is expected of the Chromatik National Team.

For one day, there is hope. For one day, there is peace.

An addendum to the previous column on Chromatika's dismal start:

We did look at Super-Llamaland's run in World Cup 75 that started 0-0-3 and ended up in third place in the group with a record of 5-2-5 - which means their record was 5-2-2 outside of that horrible start.

What about the other instances where a Pot 2 team required Matchday 3 to score their first points? How did they fare?

World Cup 76 - Super-Llamaland needed Matchday 3 to score their first points. Ended up 2nd (8-2-2)
World Cup 78 - Krytenia needed Matchday 3 to score their first points. Ended up 4th (5-7-4)
World Cup 79 - Red Blackiland needed Matchday 3 to score their first points. Ended up 4th (7-1-4)
World Cup 80 - Tumbra needed Matchday 3 to score their first points. Ended up 3rd (10-4-4)
World Cup 81 - Cassadaigua needed Matchday 3 to score their first points. Ended up 2nd (14-1-3)
World Cup 82 - Sargossa needed Matchday 3 to score their first points. Ended up 1st (9-1-2)
World Cup 84 - Damukuni needed Matchday 3 to score their first points. Ended up 3rd (10-4-6)

With counting Super-Llamaland's World Cup 75 run, that is 3 out of 8 times that the team with the worst starts from Pot 2 ended up at least in contention for the World Cup Proper in the last ten World Cups.

Which is to say, with Chromatika having lost an extra match but these qualifiers being a bit longer, there is around 37.5% chance at least based on this data that the Chromatiks will at least make things respectable or interesting.

The ones that did end up 2nd or better hardly lost a single match after their losing streak. That is the mentality that Chromatiks must have as well.

Can they?
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Alba and Cymru
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Alba and Cymru Travel Guide

Postby Alba and Cymru » Thu May 28, 2020 6:53 pm

ԬԬԬ Alba and Cymru Travel Guide ԬԬԬ

Welcome to the shining gem of Western Europe! The United Kingdom of Alba and Cymru is rich in history and culture, and we would be delighted to share your company here in Edinburgh. The World Cup qualifying matches can put a toll on participant nations, so in order to avoid the overwhelming crowds and a dose of culture shock, here is a complete survival guide to all of our incoming visitors! We hope that this guide will help you understand the ins and outs of our great nation, as well as get you situated for a month of exciting matches:

National Laws

Alba and Cymru's legal system derives from centuries of both common law and religious customs. Here are a few rulings you should be familiar with:

Official Languages: Scottish Gaelic, Welsh, and English
In Alba and Cymru, Scottish Gaelic is the most-spoken language, with more than 90% of our native population having Scottish Gaelic as their mother tongue. Despite this, most people are educated in the English Language, which is the common lingua franca of most of the participants in the World Cup. If you are fluent in English, or in either of our other two official languages, you'll do very well.
Official Religion: Creideamh
The only recognized religion by the government of Alba and Cymru is Creideamh, which was founded in the first millennium in Ireland based on the teachings of five noble Druids. Even though most of our citizens are uaislean, Alba and Cymru has a sizeable minority of Christians, who enjoy the freedom of religious expression. No matter your faith or religion, our nation will welcome you with open arms.
Driving Side: Left
Here in Alba and Cymru, traffic laws dictate that the left side of the road is the lawful side to drive on. All of our transport vehicles will have the drivers seat on the right side of the car. If you are not familiar with this form of traffic, it would be wise to consider taking public transport or another transportation service to your destination.
Firearms
Firearms laws prevent the import and export of weaponry by tourists. It would be wise to leave items resembling knives or guns at home during your journey. A federal permit is required to carry firearms in public, and in areas such as Seumas Field in Edinburgh, all weapons are outlawed.
Drugs and Alcohol
The legal age to purchase and possess tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol is 18. Other drugs are legal to possess at 21 years and older, but are illegal to sell and distribution can land someone hefty prison time. It is our professional recommendation to abstain from intoxicants during your time in Alba and Cymru. However, bars in Edinburgh will be open during the time of the World Cup, and all guests are welcome to spend their evenings in our local taverns.
Gambling
Gambling is illegal in the United Kingdom, as we believe fate determines the winners and losers in any game of chance. The only legal casino in our nation is the state-owned Cloverleaf Casino in Bristol, which is a long way from Edinburgh and requires either a boat or plane to reach due to our geographic situation.
Adulthood
The federal age of consent is 16, but individuals are recognized as adults at 18 years of age. Marriage and medical procedures require the consent of a parent or guardian if the individual is under 18 year of age. Marriage is outlawed to individuals under the age of 16.
Prostitution
Prostitution is outlawed in most areas in Alba and Cymru. Certain cities permit and regulate prostitution and brothels, namely Glasgow and Edinburgh. If you plan to purchase these services, we strongly advise you to be aware of the location of the nation's legal brothels.
Tax laws and Exchange Rate
Alba and Cymru imposes a 5% sales tax on all item and food purchases, and this includes game tickets. The national currency is the doilleir, Ꮠ, and the exchange rate is 1 international standard dollar($) = Ꮠ1.37, or Ꮠ1 = $0.73.

Venue

Alba and Cymru is proud to present Seumas Field, a stadium of rich history and national identity! Here are a few tips you need to know about our beloved venue:

Map

Ticket Prices
VIP Seating (I1-I2, O1-J2, P5-P6): Ꮠ985.00
Side Seating Lower(C1-D5, I3-J1, O2-P4): Ꮠ515.00
Goal Seating (A1-B8, F1-G8): Ꮠ475.00
Upper Deck Seating (E, H1-Q6): Ꮠ455.00
All persons must have a ticket regardless of age.
Veterans, military personnel, and military spouses of World Assembly nations will receive a 15% ticket discount with proof of ID.
We accept both physical and electronic tickets. Please present electronic tickets to our E-designated gatekeepers.

Schedule
10:00 AM BST: Football teams may use the field for exercise and practice.
12:00 PM BST: The Field must be cleared of all players and staff. The park will begin to stock food and beverages and direct traffic.
3:30 PM BST: Seumas Field Stadium will be open for seating. Please have your ticket at all times to avoid confusion with the seating arrangement.
4:15 PM BST: Pre-game festivities and shenanigans.
4:30 PM BST: Players take the field for a quick warm-up.
4:45 PM BST: Coin toss and other pre-game traditions.
4:55 PM BST: Playing of national anthems.
5:00 PM BST: Kickoff.

Halftime will last approximately 15 minutes.

Food and Beverages
Food, Beverages, and Souvenirs are sold throughout the outer section of the stadium. Here are a few items to keep an eye out for:

Chili Cheese Fries - Your local french fries served with American chili and goat cheese
Lamburger - You may be familiar with the hamburger, but the lamburger includes all of your favorite toppings with the exception of the bovine meat patty, replaced by Alba and Cymru-native ground sheep.
Fish & Chips - An old Anglo-Saxon dish that has been a fan-favorite for many years. Consists of fried salmon and whipped chips.
Bangers & Mash - Consists of two venison sausages and home-grown mashed potatoes.
Haggis - The national dish of Alba and Cymru; made from an an array of meats and vegetables packed into a sheep stomach.

Scottish Ale - Hand-crafted beer straight from the Edinburgh breweries. All alcoholic beverage purchasers must present a photo ID and be of 18 years of age.
Scotch Ale - If you want the brand from across the Channel, we have that too!
Apple Cider - A non-alcoholic drink for the family!

World Cup 85 Souvenir Cup - All beverages are served in our own unique souvenir cups. Don't forget to pick up yours!
Last edited by Alba and Cymru on Thu May 28, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here is the World Cup Roster.
"Alba ag Cymru fada be'"
Support His Majesty, King Cynbal IV of the House of Clan Gregor
Death to Communism. Death to Capitalism. Feudalism is where men are made.
I'm your friendly, every-day hard right-winger who respects everyone's views and concerns. I believe that cultural groups should have absolute political autonomy independent from secular or multicultural states. Traditions are unique evolutionary adaptations created by civilizations in order to solve complex social issues.

Vdara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vdara » Thu May 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Back in Business!

It was, yet again, another dreaded away game. In Vdara’s last 5 matches, 2 were away games, and Vdara had won none of them. Nada. Zilch. To beat the Blouman Empire away would be a statement to the rest of the group members to show that Vdara was not an easy pushover to look forward to playing against, but a tough side that requires a lot of effort to defeat, as shown by the games against HUElavia, Equestria and Xanneria. Those games may have ended in defeat, but the margins were only 1 or 2 goals, which is pretty good for a team below rank 100.

In the dressing room, Væñøœrëñbérghüïś was about to give a rousing speech to the players. He seemed very confident, which must be a good sign.

“Lads. Today is the day. Today is OUR day. Today is Vdara’s day. Not to be disrespectful to our opponents, but we could easily win this one. If we don’t win, we can kiss goodbye to finishing in the top 5. I know that finishing top 5 would be an overachievement for our side, but it’s definitely still doable, which is why I want you all to get out there and get that f**king win, ya hear? Get some goals, and keep them from scoring! Come on you lot, let’s get outside and f**k those guys up!”

As the teams came out the tunnel, the confident away fans cheered the Vdarans on. They had seen Vdara’s other performances, and were sure that this was an easy victory, forgetting the devastating MD1 loss to Lo Sontano.

The match report is as follows:
1: Well, it’s a hop, skip, and away we go! The referee has blown the whistle and the game is underway!
7: This is an early chance for Vdara here, as Lazelis blitzes through the Blouman defence, nutmegs the defender, hits a shot and... it’s into the net! An early start, and an early goal for Vdara!
14: Blouman could hit back here, as one of their attackers pushes through the midfield and... they’re dispossessed by Giannakos.
24: Vdara are pushing for another goal, as Mavroglou is doing stepovers in the middle of the field, he turns around, flicks the ball up, takes a kick from the halfway line and... oh my word, it’s in! Take a bow, son, that was astonishing! That could be Vdara’s goal of the tournament as a whole, that was fantastic!
30: Vdara seem to have taken their foot off the gas after being 2-0 up, but rightfully so. They’re ahead, and the Blouman Empire don’t seem likely to be able to win this one.
45: Wow, that was a boring last 20 minutes, but the 2 goals made up for it as the referee blows for halftime.

In the dressing room, not much was said by Væñøœrëñbérghüïś. At the end of the day, all it amounted to was “keep it up” and “make sure we leave with three points”, which the players thought they could do easily.

46: And Vdara start the second half off, with a 2 goal cushion between them and the opponent.
57: Vdara have been passing it about for most of the game, it’s honestly a surprise that the fans haven’t voiced their discontent yet.
60: One of the Blouman attackers manages to snag the ball off of Athanas while he was preparing to pass, he performs a roulette and... he trips over the ball and it rolls to Moustakakos.
68: Vlahiades is making an impressive run down the left hand side, as he puts in a cross to Fotellis... who is offside. Free kick to Blouman Empire.
77: The home fans are starting to get restless with Vdara’s possession strategy, Blouman are rarely able to get a touch of the ball, and Vdara are always quick to get it back!
90: And that’s it! A surprisingly boring match I must say, but Vdara go home with their second win in 6 games!

From the dressing room, all that could be heard was celebrations. The players felt energised, rejuvenated, and ready for more victories. Their next game was against Fujai at home, which in theory should be an easy matchup. However, judging by Vdara’s performances against other low-tier sides, we can’t call this game a definite win yet. Should Vdara win this one, it would take their record up to 3 wins in 7 games, which is a solid record for a team that had only won 1 game by Matchday 5.
Come for the weather. Stay for the fitba. Leave for somewhere prettier.

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Elite, Episode 10

Postby Drawkland » Thu May 28, 2020 7:50 pm

E L I T E ...

If you're not caught up on this whole "Elite Eleven" thing, feel free to read up on the literature ...
A Hint * A Tease * A Story * A Contradiction * A Roster
Elite 1 * Elite 2 * Elite 3 * Elite 4 * Elite 5 * Elite 6
Elite 7 * Elite 8 * Elite 9
I intended to finish this part of the storyline during the IAC but that fell through. I'll be finishing this arc and starting the next one in these qualifiers.

Unfortunately for the Elite Eleven, their fortunes following the 3-4 opening day loss to Baker Park would not turn. The MD2 game against the familiar foe of the Free Republics would end in a 0-1 loss featuring a multitude of missed offensive opportunities. By the MD3 loss to Nephara, the 2-5 scoreline simply confirmed the notion that the Elite Eleven had given up on this campaign.

Cam Cross, Nicole Warren, and Sarah Arrowsword's luck also decreased. Thanks to the displeasure of DISC by the Elite Eleven's performance, and the Eleven's own unenthusiasm for anything following their demoralizing dismantling on the international stage, the trio and the Eleven were not able to meet for the remainder of World Cup 84.

Cam and Sarah had to schlep their way back home to Drawkland on their own. Unbeknownst to them, though, Nicole managed to use Mike Rodney's (totally not mutual!!!!) feelings for her to get a seat on the Elite Eleven's private charter plane for the trip back to Drawkland.

"Hold on, I have a question." Craig Bakker said, as the Eleven et al. were placing their carry-on bags in the bins and selecting their seats.

"For me?" Nicole asked, confused.

"Yeah. You remember that time during qualifiers where Mike invited you to fly home to Drawkland with us and you accepted despite it probably being awkward and inconvenient for you?"

"Um, yeah I remember that. Where are you going with this?"

"I guess at that point you didn't know about us for real, but you probably had suspicions, right?" Craig continued.

"Yeah, by then me and Cam were definitely trying to sniff something out." Nicole answered, a little nervous now.

"So basically you accepted the position specifically to spy on us? Straight up espionage?" Craig leaned in a little closer.

"W-well, I guess I did." Nicole stammered, "I mean, I didn't think I was gonna learn anything really. I just, I figured it wouldn't hurt."

Septimus Xander walked up and interjected, "I bet you hitched a ride with us to try and spy on us again!" He laughed to show he wasn't being actually serious, unlike Craig.

"Why would I even have to spy on you guys now?!" Nicole exclaimed. "I already know the big secret!"

"The perfect cover story ..." Septimus trailed off, with a grin on his face.

"Listen, I just don't like the idea of telling all about our 'adventure.' I doubt we'll be telling you jack shit tonight." Craig hmph'd and went back to stowing his bags.

Nicole sighed. Sure she was close to Mike and starting to gain the favor with others of the group, but it was clear that it would be a long time before everyone accepted her. Not to mention the fact that she did secretly want to learn more about their quest for immortality on this flight. Oh well, perhaps another time ...

Mike entered the plane at that point and immediately went over to Nicole. "Sorry I got caught up back at the entrance to the tunnel. You get your bags alright?"

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't put my carry-on away. I'm a professional athlete, remember?" Nicole rolled her eyes.

"I'm just asking! I'm being a gentleman, or whatever." Mike shrugged. "I'm trying my best."

"Well maybe try thinking with that little brain of yours before you say stuff sometimes." Nicole gave a slight smile and poked Mike's forehead.

"Point taken. Speaking of my rapidly depleting brain cells, did we get drinks for this flight?" Mike asked to nobody in particular.

"I'd certainly hope so," Jaxon Madison replied, making eye contact with Nicole. "I may just be speaking for myself, but I'm certainly not going to be able to talk about the Undying Quest tonight unless I'm over the legal limit."

"I thought I wasn't going to learn anything cool tonight!" Nicole said, trying to hide the excitement in her voice.

Jaxon simply smiled in return. "No promises."
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu May 28, 2020 7:59 pm

Hey all. So I don't have a lot of time with this post. After days of talking to "experts", gathering information with the help of my friend Boharry, and lots of verbal harassment, I've uncovered some new information about Cassidy McKenzie. The other day I contacted the Torisakia Sports Historical Society and tried to get information on McKenzie's and that Gyatso-kai character's relationship. Unfortunately the woman I spoke to had the nerve to tell me that there was never a person named Cassidy McKenzie on the national ice hockey team. I of course didn't believe this so I was more specific and she continued to deny it. I asked her about Alexei Borodin, to confirm that he was also a player and would have ties to Cassidy since they played together. But again the woman said that no one named Alexei Borodin existed in the sports world. Growing annoyed, I asked her about Mathias Kristiansen to confirm that he existed and had ties to Alexei and Cassidy. This time she confirmed his existence, but when I asked her about the left defenseman and right wing forward on the same team as Mathias she had the nerve to tell me that no names came up in the system. Going from increasingly annoyed to absolutely furious, I then asked her about the Kiraism cult and Cassidy and Alexei's ties to that, but to no avail as she denied even that existing. Trying once more and insisting she look up Mikami, she told me to fuck myself and that she was going back to her soap operas. Before I could cuss her out, she hung up on me. So I left her a bad review on Kelp and had my friend Boharry find out her personal information and post it on 4kran. That'll teach her to mess with Bort Stevens!

After the call, I began growing increasingly suspicious. How come she kept denying everything about Cassidy, Alexei, and Kiraism but was fine with giving me information about other things related to the national ice hockey team during that time? I decided to press further and I contacted the Ministry of Sports & Recreation directly. Minister David Hummel was busy so I had to talk to his secretary. I told her about my situation and asked if I could have information on Cassidy McKenzie, Alexei Borodin, and their relations to the Kiraism cult from years back. This is where things got even more suspicious. Immediately after I asked her this, she said "Sorry wrong number" and quickly hung up the phone. I tried to call back around twenty times but apparently they blocked my number. I couldn't even speak to the government about this. After conversing with my friends Boharry and Rick the Dick, we all agreed that there had to be some kind of cover-up going on. It makes sense when you think about it. When Kiraism was revealed as a cult and Cassidy, Alexei, and many other celebrities were revealed as members back in January 2015, it was all over the news. But around mid-February of that year, it seemingly disappeared from the news. No news programming, social media, or website talked about it and all references to it and Kiraism as a whole vanished. It wasn't a gradual decline like you see with most news stories. This was instantaneous. It seemed that no matter how much the public asked the press about it, an answer was never given. Combine all of that plus my experiences with the TSHS and MSR, it practically spells out 'cover-up'.

So with the help of my friend Boharry, we started digging around every corner of the internet to find any information we could about the Kiraism cult and Cassidy McKenzie. It took many hours but on the very last page of the Boogle search "Cassidy McKenzie Kiraism government b1atch35" I came across a PDF file. I downloaded it and opened it up and it appeared to be a memo of some kind addressed to Barrie Lowry, who was the Minister of Sports & Recreation at the time the Kiraism story broke, from a blacked out name. The memo was dated for February 3, 2015, a few weeks into the occasion. The sender expressed their concerns about the Kiraism story and the negative impact it would have on Torisakia's reputation, especially in the sports front. They went on to say that they worked out a deal with Cassidy McKenzie and Alexei Borodin to put an end to the shenanigans. McKenzie and Borodin would provide the Ministry of Sports & Recreation with over T$3.8 billion in exchange for the Kiraism story to be pulled from all news outlets and any references to them personally be removed and for them to be declared dead by "suicide". The sender ends by stating that the proposition would be discussed at the upcoming cabinet meeting with (then) President Rosalind Dupond and that it was "99% likely to go through, having already gotten the green-light by Dupond".

This was the ultimate, indisputable proof I need to prove that this whole thing is a cover-up by the government. The Kiraism story was hurting the reputation of the nation's sports teams and Cassidy and Alexei's lives. So in exchange for a large donation, Cassidy and Alexei would go off-the-radar and all news stories about Kiraism and their involvement were wiped clean from the news. Big enough on its own, but a big question remains: what did DSR do with that T$3.8 billion? If you recall, a few months after the Kiraism story broke DSR cut all funding for the national ice hockey team and declared that they would dissolve at the end of World Cup of Hockey 30. Why would they cut funding for them when they got such a huge amount of money a few months prior? Maybe they didn't want the money to be traced. Maybe this story goes even deeper than I first thought. Maybe-

What was that? Someone's pounding on my front door. They're yelling and screaming at me to come out. They're coming inside! They're getting closer. I've just got to act natural.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Thu May 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Roses are red
It's matchday six
If you happen to lose
Just claim it's fixed
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Chapter 2f: First home win for the Red Panjias

Postby PotatoFarmers » Thu May 28, 2020 8:13 pm

Poafmersia 3
Handris 20', 52'
Carisa 43'
The Grearish Union 2
McAuley 72' (pen), 81'
Starting 11: Sandi Jaliaha; Alex Pickford, Alex Hoboson, Danzik Hoboson (c), Denise Pickford; Daas Taisg, Goon Figsh, Donk Mason; Hansel Tang, Shakira Handris, Pete Carisa
Substitutes: Whitney Rios (Pete Carisa 67'), Mancest Nilson (A. Pickford 74'), Konile Trasa (A. Hoboson 81')

(Extracted from the Poafmer Times)
3 things we learnt from Poafmersia's first points at home
Report by Yanderia Shalkriz
Fiskadaha - Poafmersia survived a late scare by The Grearish Union to get all 3 points in their first home win of the qualification campaign. Rather than give a summary of what happened, we have decide to talk about the 3 main learning points we have obtained from the match.
1)Defence is still a problem
Though the backline has seen improvements to various degree, the team is continuing to concede meaningless goals, which could cost the team in the long run if the group remains as tight as it currently is. Against The Black Dolphins, it was Alex Hoboson who played the villian, conceding a meaningless foul in the box and raking up a yellow card. At that point, it was quite certain that McAuley wasn't able to score since he came in from quite a sharp angle. Nevertheless, Alex Hoboson had to commit a terrible foul, allowing McAuley to fall to the ground and grab a penalty. The second goal also came from a cross, where Alex Hoboson failed to properly defend McAuley and allowed him to run away with the ball to score. Yes, the defence has made significant improvements, performing well at times, such as when it blocked Kline from making a few solo efforts with the ball in the first half. However, there are still some problems which needs to be ironed out, especially when they play Filindostan two days later.
2)Hansel Tang is a good replacement
Hansel Tang's performance was particularly pleasing, coming in to rotate for Joel Haodao to allow him to rest ahead of the big match in Filindostan. The home fans were shouting her name after the game, as she got the man-of-the-match award for contributing 2 assists. Though she didn't get onto the scoresheet, her 2 assists couldn't have came better. First, it was that selfless pass to Shakira Handris, who was in a better position than her, to allow Poafmersia to take the lead. Then it was the 52nd minute goal where Tang was able to catch a sleeping defense to regain possession and quickly push up the ball to Handris to set Poafmersia 3-0 up. Her performance this game would be comparable to an average performance from Haodao. Even though she lacks slightly in pace, she makes it up by her work attitude, running a lot throughout the game.
3) Morale is high among Poafmers
Every Poafmer who watched the game would agree that this side has improved drastically from their performance 2 years ago, and they believe that Poafmersia has an outside chance to qualify for the World Cup this season.
Coming into the qualifiers as the 5th seeds, qualification on 2nd try was never going to be easy, especially with many difficult opponents drawn together in the group. When Poafmersia first lost to Quebec and than Damukuni, there were some people who said that this is still a work-in-progress. However, this performance has literally shut naysayers up and many of the fans are now more confident then ever. According to a fan who gave his comments after the game to our reporters, he said that the team has grown "more mature" and is able to cope with the pressure of playing difficult opponents. "Yes, they lost to Quebec and Damukuni, and those performances were not as fantastic. However, they managed to rebound rather quickly. I was there at the last game (in Reçueçn) and they became more inspired to grind out the points and wins. For that, I think this is a huge improvement, and if they can keep this up against Filindostan, then maybe the Red Panjias can take that outside chance into the World Cup," he added. Other fans interviewed echoed his thoughts, with one fan named Rakaris even saying that a win over Filindostan would "certainly propel the team up to a good performance", and he is confident that Poafmersia stands a chance at that win. "Never doubted them even after the losses. They have taken those lessons seriously and will reap the rewards," said Rakaris.
However, one thing would be that Poafmers would not be able to watch the match in Filindostan in San Marco. Filindsotan was required to play their first 3 home games in an empty stadium due to their fans' irresponsible behaviour in the 26th Campionato Esportiva. Many fans will still take the trip down to Filindostan, with groups of people even suggesting that they gather in some venues to watch the match together and cheer for the Red Panjias.

Group 15                                  Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Brenecia 6 5 0 1 18 9 +9 15
2 Independent Athletes from Quebec 6 4 2 0 15 8 +7 14
3 Reçueçn 5 4 1 0 11 3 +8 13
4 Poafmersia 6 3 1 2 12 12 0 10
5 Filindostan 5 3 0 2 14 8 +6 9
6 Emastalia 5 2 2 1 7 6 +1 8
7 Andromeda Island Group 6 2 2 2 8 10 −2 8
8 Damukuni 6 2 2 2 13 18 −5 8
9 Qvardax 6 2 0 4 8 10 −2 6
10 Crystalline Caverns 5 1 2 2 4 5 −1 5
11 The Grearish Union 5 1 0 4 7 15 −8 3
12 Shokpos 6 0 1 5 6 11 −5 1
13 Revatnagar 5 0 1 4 7 15 −8 1

Taking another look at the standings, as at Matchday 6, the Red Panijas have moved up to 4th with the win but cannot get comfortable, with Filindostan just 1 point behind having played 1 game less. While both sides have lost to Quebec, Filindostan's second loss comes from their encounter with the other unbeaten team, Reçueçn, while Poafmersia's second loss comes from their encounter with Damukuni.
For the next matchday, top-placed Brenecia will get a bye, while Quebec would be hosting Emastalia, who are performing quite strongly on their international debut. Reçueçn hosts Andromeda Island Group, while Damukuni hosts bottom-side Revatnagar. Qvardax hosts Crystalline Caverns to round up the day's matches.

(Extracted from the Sporting Daily)
PFFA confirms venue for next few home matches
Except for the last 2 home matches against Crystalline Caverns and Andromeda Island Group, the PFFA announced the confirmed venues for the remaining home matches. More matches would be held outside the Red Panjias' home of the Libira National Stadium, with Mancodas Complex and Camp of Power, both large stadiums in Mancodas, getting the remainder of the matches. Camp of Power has previously hosted Quebec in the second matchday, while Mancodas Complex would be hosting Poafmersia's first home game next week, when Shokpos visits Poafmersia.
As follows are the fixture allocation for the next 7 home games, starting from Matchday 9's match against Shokpos.
(OOC: Full fixture list/venue allocations can be found on our roster page)
Venue Allocations for next 7 home games
Matchday 9 - Shokpos (H) @ Mancodas Complex, Mancodas (cap. 60,000)
Matchday 11 - Revatnagar (H) @ Camp of Power, Mancodas (cap. 61,000)
Matchday 13 - Emastalia (H) @ Libira National Stadium, Fiskadaha (cap. 68,000)
Matchday 14 - Brenecia (H) @ Libira National Stadium, Fiskadaha (cap. 68,000)
Matchday 16 - Qvardax (H) @ Mancodas Complex, Mancodas (cap. 60,000)
Matchday 18 - Reçueçn (H) @ Libira National Stadium, Fiskadaha (cap. 68,000)
Matchday 20 - Filindostan (H) @ Libira National Stadium, Fiskadaha (cap. 68,000)

Filindostan (3-0-2, form: WLWWL) vs Poafmersia (3-1-2, form: WDLWLW)
Poafmersia's expected starting 11 - Sandi Jaliaha; Alex Pickford, Pasits Rikachz, Danzik Hoboson (c), Denise Pickford; Gisiik Moonar, Goon Figsh, Daas Taisg; Joel Haodao, Shakira Handris, Pete Carisa
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Taeshan 1-0 A Flock of Seagulls
The Haberdashery, Williams Isle, Taeshan
Figueroa 34’

Life in the Fast Lane

Not many people make a big career decision at the end of their career. Not many people see the horizon and decide at the end of their long career that it’s time for them to move where things are completely different. A change of scenery, but way more than that. A change of everything. I made that decision, to pack up and follow the money. To make the sacrifice of my home, and my life and move everything to a distant place.

Money runs the world, but as a sportsman I knew that I had to rack all of it up that I could. So then when after a less than successful campaign at the Copa Rushmori, questions about my national team career, and worries about my future, I got a phone call to change my life…I had to answer right? I had to choose the money, to leave the country I spent the first 28 years of my life and go beyond.

Now for most people 28 is young, for a professional soccer player that is the best time of your career. Your last chance to get a big money move, and to advance your career before it reaches its twilight. When I got the call that a club in Farfadillis wanted me, well that was an interesting call to take. An interesting decision to make, and what would I do but take the money and run. And now I have a new home, and a new place to ply my trade.

But let’s be honest, Atlantian Oceania is a weird place to live. The Farf people are a little bit interesting. The language can be difficult. But most of all, you know what the biggest problem is? Every day someone is talking about winning the World Cup. Oh yeah did you see them hoist that trophy? No, I hadn’t heard, I don’t also have the dream of doing that. No, I didn’t see that game, because I have lived under a rock these last few years. Tell me again how my position change was just a cheap copy of Faragó rue Cazade. Oh no, I love to hear about how I’ll never get a big money move to Brinemouth. Why yes, I am aware that no one from my country has ever played in Nephara. Oh yes, you are hosting the World Cup and you would love to see me lose to you guys in Farfadillis…It goes on and on. The people are great, but man if I can’t wait to hear about something else.

Alson Figeuroa
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 pm

IFA NEWS NETWORK
Matchday 5

.At last a win...

Farf: Indussean coach Joseph Moteudi and the team rejoiced after their first win in the season. The game was the easiest the team played till now.Indusse 1–0 Vlasisitan At last... I think Margaret woke up! says Moteudi. The Fans rejoiced and ran to the players after the match. This is the first time I saw them like this in this season, Butea said after scoring the winning goal. The goal was on the eighty first minute of the game. Djetson came dribbling with the ball and passed it to Baskar. Baskar gave the ball a good kick and it went into the goal area. but,the keeper managed to save the ball and the ball went to the penalty spot area.Herecomes Butea with his swift pace kicked the ball...........swoosh..........
.......It's a goal!!!!!.....The gallery was quacking with its joy. That was the moment the coach was waiting for. Not only the coach, all the indusseans.

Indusse 1–0 Vlasisitan
Butea 81'
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Thu May 28, 2020 9:27 pm

Life in Twicetagria

We edited our logo to make it look fancier

Twicetagria 1-1 Adsuri: Disappointing Draw Shows Complacency
By John Suh

Last time, we won a shocking 3-2 against Squornshelous. This gave us new hope for today's gane. However, it turned out to be disappointing as we could only manage a draw against the unranked nation.
The first half, as well as the first fe wmoments of the second half, was pretty boring, as nothing much happened.
Adsuri opened the scoreline with Adsuri Striker #1 scoring against Han, who was left helpless.
We then tied the game with a Hirai goal, but we couldn't produce another goal to win as we ended on a stalemate.
This shows the complacency in the team, as our results have been very inconsistent these days. We hope we will do better next game when we come against Vakolicci Haven and Celeria. A draw would be great for us, but if we can produce a surprise like we did against Squornshelous that'd be great.
johnathan

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Fri May 29, 2020 12:01 am

THE EMPIRE TIMES

Vdara Shut Up Shop In Two Goal Win

The Eagles lost their second game of the qualifiers at Ambong Stadium last night with their opponents scoring two goals early on to record their first away win of the campaign. Vdara scored two goals within 30 minutes and shut up shop as the comfortably maintained their lead to move above the Eagles and into mid table.

Manager Lewis Parry had spoken confidently before the match talking up match preparation and of recent good form in denying goal scoring opportunities from high scoring teams. Whatever preparation the Eagles had disappeared in the 7th minute with Vdara opening up the scoring with a well placed low shot by Christoforos Lazelis after easily getting past Jason Potts.

Luke Cousins attempted to even up the scores by going on a solo mission getting past three Vdara players and working into the box before being dispossessed by Valentinos Giannakos with a well timed sliding tackle. While both sides attempted to build up playing into their attacking third neither was able to find a way through. It was in the 24th minute Vdara scored their second goal with their second shot. Vangelis Mavroglou attempting to get around John Miller smashed the ball just inside the Blouman defending half catching Henry Polinoir well off his line and asleep. There was little he could do except watch the ball sail over his head and bounce into the back of the net. A goal the Vdara fans weren’t be forgetting in a hurry and won the Blouman fans wish had never happened.

It was the last shot of the game from the visitors who quickly changed playing style once in the lead. For the rest of the match Vdara played a defensive possession style game keeping the ball from the Eagles but doing little to risk losing it much to the annoyance of the players and coaching staff. The Eagles were unable to create many attacks as they were quickly shut down by Vdara. Ty Freltron looked like he had a good opportunity after intercepting a pass on the edge of the box but fumbled when attempting to move past Giannakos and the ball was quickly picked up by Vdara. The only time Vdara moved into their attacking third after the second goal was deemed to be offside. With the referee blowing the full time whistle after a dull affair it was Vdara to secure their second win from six games.

Manager Lewis Parry did not hold back when giving his opinion of the game “While Vdara may have managed to win the game it is quite evident as to why they have lost four of their previous five games if that is the way they play. It is boring for the fans, boring for the players and everyone else involved. It comes as no surprise to me that very few Vdara fans travelled to watch the game tonight if that is the way football is played in Vdara. The fans must be bored out of their minds, as a football fan I’m glad I don’t live in Vdara”.

The Eagles are still yet to record a win these qualifiers leading to a number of criticisms regarding both Parry and the players. With their next game against Kandorith they will not only be looking to get their first win this campaign but also hope the silence the growing band of critics.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario » Fri May 29, 2020 12:01 am

DRAW WAS NOT ENOUGH TO KEEP LJUBANIK'S HEAD SAFE

A dreadful draw against Konnhead proved that Ljubanik is not capable of managing the national team of Lochario. The Federation is now looking for some other candidates to this position.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri May 29, 2020 12:23 am

The Truth News

Bomb Scare Rocks Matchday!

"For World Cup 85, Main Nation Ministry are one of the most notable competitors. With a match day against the nation of South Covello, it seemed like a typical night of intense soccer action happening in the stadium at Revolution Stadium in Riverview, South Covello. However, both Main Nation Ministry and South Covello fans were in for a rude awakening when a bomb score has delayed the match for 3 straight hours. Only the most determined fans had stayed behind and waited, while tourists for Main Nation Ministry had left the scene in fatigue."

"All of this mayhem, which was revealed by authorities in South Covello, was due to a 19-year old college dropout named Dale Whiteweed, who was declaring several earlier bomb threats under the alias of T.L. Eeder. Authorites identified the same phone booth that was used to call in the threat, where survillance had show Whiteweed using the booth around the time that the threat was called in, where Whiteweed called the stadium again, when he saw no activity happening. Whiteweed was declared to be under the influence of marijuana, which he had several amounts in his possession. He explained that the purpose was to frame the Leader of Main Nation Ministry as part of an elaborate joke. But the Leader doesn't think it's funny."

"The Leader publicly condemned Whiteweed's actions, seeking to have him face capital punishment in Main Nation Ministry for several illegal activites that Whiteweed has committed:
- Falsely reporting an emergency (violation of public protocol)
- Impersonating the Leader (charges of treason and fraud)
- Possession of contraband (marijuana is deemed illegal in Main Nation Ministry)
- Wasting the time for hundreds of people (A charge that was added by the Leader himself)"

"Dave Whiteweed, however, will be tried in South Covello for his actions, which the Ministry of Foriegn Affairs made sure stayed that way. While many fans are disappointed at the conditions of the latest match day, Moose Wolf, who is Police Chief of Riverview in South Covello revealed that an online portal has been set up for fans to seek restitution for the cost of tickets, travel, and hotel costs. Currently, the hard working digital Ministry of National Security are processing the website into the nation's online databases for citizens to access. Princess Keller Harrington has praised the authorities and government officials of South Covello for keeping the incident from escalating, where the World Cup 85 team for Main Nation Ministry are still optimistic for other matches ahead, even after the match with South Covello was 2-2 of a tie."
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports