NATION

PASSWORD

Revolution time! Adventure!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Risottia wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:Im 14 at the moment. Which is kinda way too young for someone to join a armed revolution.

Go Gavroche!

:rofl:
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

DrakoBlarea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoBlarea » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Well depends,I would most likely escape with my family in my village,since I am 16 but.... if the commies threatened to take power I would most likely join.
Czechanada wrote:
DrakoBlarea wrote:Depends on the revolution.And holly shit,are you 45 years old?

It's quite funny how that was your 45th post.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

DrakoBlarea wrote:Well depends,I would most likely escape with my family in my village,since I am 16 but.... if the commies threatened to take power I would most likely join.

That reminds me of the Yugoslav partisans. Oh the foolish schoolboys who lost their lives for nothing.
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Phocidaea
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Phocidaea » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

I would flee to Canada as soon as SHTF. It's a pretty short drive from here.

I wouldn't want to see a revolution in America for two reasons:

1. The chances are it would an insane far-rightist revolution, especially since they're the ones with all the guns.
2. Any revolution would probably end with my area getting nuked, given the sharp political divisions here.
Call me Phoca.
Senator [Unknown] of the Liberal Democrats in NSG Senate.
Je suis Charlie: Because your feels don't justify murder.

The united imperial sector
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The united imperial sector » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm

it epends on whos fighting in it if its comie pigs then ill join up with the goverment but if its a facist group ill join up with them. (i live in merica)

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
DrakoBlarea wrote:Well depends,I would most likely escape with my family in my village,since I am 16 but.... if the commies threatened to take power I would most likely join.

That reminds me of the Yugoslav partisans. Oh the foolish schoolboys who lost their lives for nothing.

Fighting to liberate your country is nothing?

But yeah death is sad...
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Kleomentia wrote:So, NSG, the question is simple. How would you react if a armed revolution against the government of your current living place happened? Would you temporarily leave, move somewhere else, stay neutral or join the revolution?

Personally, if a revolution took place in Serbia at my current age i probably wouldn't get involved. I might move to my holiday get away in southern Serbia to get away from possible conflicts in Belgrade. If i was in my 20s or 30s i would probably be leading the revolution :lol:

What kind of revolution in Serbia? Communist or Chetnik?

If an armed revolution breaks out where I live, I'd oppose a takeover attempt by both the far left and the far right. Then again, I'll probably fight a lot harder against them if they're far right. Fuck the BNP.
Last edited by Arthurista on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 pm

I wouldn't do anything. Even if America experiences a revolution, I doubt the fighting will reach Bum-Fuck Nowhere, Wisconsin.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nationalist State of Knox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist State of Knox » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Probably ponder why there's been an uprising against the Coalition Government, realise the obvious reasons why, and then go back to bed for the rest of the day.
Last edited by Gilgamesh on Mon Aru 17, 2467 BC 10:56am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Knox.
Biblical Authorship
God is Malevolent.
Bible Inaccuracies
Ifreann wrote:Knox: /ˈɡɪl.ɡə.mɛʃ/
Impeach Enlil, legalise dreaming, mortality is theft. GILGAMESH 2474 BC

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:That reminds me of the Yugoslav partisans. Oh the foolish schoolboys who lost their lives for nothing.

Fighting to liberate your country is nothing?

But yeah death is sad...

Well, the whole thing could have been avoided. And Germany never had to invade Yugoslavia, Duke Pavle who was Regent back then was negotiating with Germany, and Serbia would have even gotten some lands.
And yes, foolishly killking 10 German soldier for which 100 Serbian people will be killed is not nothing, it is pure stupidity. Partisans did more harm than good. It would be better if they just butted out and waited for the allies to liberate us.

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Saint-Thor
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint-Thor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Saruhan wrote:I'd be wondering why a bunch of fat 50something Quebecois wanted to start shit with the feds

Hey?! Why fat? We're the less fat people of all Canada. Newfoundland, on the other hand...

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Fighting to liberate your country is nothing?

But yeah death is sad...

Well, the whole thing could have been avoided. And Germany never had to invade Yugoslavia, Duke Pavle who was Regent back then was negotiating with Germany, and Serbia would have even gotten some lands.
And yes, foolishly killking 10 German soldier for which 100 Serbian people will be killed is not nothing, it is pure stupidity. Partisans did more harm than good. It would be better if they just butted out and waited for the allies to liberate us.

Yes it could have been avoided, but in the end, Hitler would not be satisfied until he took it all. Also plenty of Serbs, Bosnians and others where dieing anyway with the partisans, as most of them were seen as inferior to the germans, being south slavs and all that. If the partisans had not acted many more would have died, they saved thousands upon thousands of lives. And in the end had they not done what they had done, more would die, and it would not have been the allies who liberated you, the "Liberation" would have been at the hands of the Red Army, and would you have rather had Yugoslavia as a Soviet Puppet for half a century?
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Kleomentia wrote:So, NSG, the question is simple. How would you react if a armed revolution against the government of your current living place happened? Would you temporarily leave, move somewhere else, stay neutral or join the revolution?

Personally, if a revolution took place in Serbia at my current age i probably wouldn't get involved. I might move to my holiday get away in southern Serbia to get away from possible conflicts in Belgrade. If i was in my 20s or 30s i would probably be leading the revolution :lol:

It would depend on the reason for the revolution.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Kleomentia wrote:Well, the whole thing could have been avoided. And Germany never had to invade Yugoslavia, Duke Pavle who was Regent back then was negotiating with Germany, and Serbia would have even gotten some lands.

Yes it could have been avoided, but in the end, Hitler would not be satisfied until he took it all. Also plenty of Serbs, Bosnians and others where dieing anyway with the partisans, as most of them were seen as inferior to the germans, being south slavs and all that. If the partisans had not acted many more would have died, they saved thousands upon thousands of lives. And in the end had they not done what they had done, more would die, and it would not have been the allies who liberated you, the "Liberation" would have been at the hands of the Red Army, and would you have rather had Yugoslavia as a Soviet Puppet for half a century?

You really wanna go with that? Because of Tito's brilliant tactits hundreds of thousands of Serbian soldiers died. Partisans were also bandits who stole from their own people and raped women when they were drunk. While if a German soldier stole a chicken from a Yugoslav he would have been shot on the spot. The partisans also played the "who has the biggest dick?" game with Chetniks and had a couple of battles with them and when the communists took over they killed and outcasted them. Sounds really lovely, doesn't it?
Last edited by Kleomentia on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Saint-Thor wrote:
Saruhan wrote:I'd be wondering why a bunch of fat 50something Quebecois wanted to start shit with the feds

Hey?! Why fat? We're the less fat people of all Canada. Newfoundland, on the other hand...

It's what I see on the news, the BQ's leaders appear to be a bunch of fat middle-class old dudes. I mean I think a revolution would only either come from that (because the regular Quebec population would go "lol fuck that shit" pretty quickly) or be a bunch of natives complaining about not being able to practice nepotism. Either of which i'm not frightened of
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:

I'd be wondering how the fuck Quebec got so many violent separatists. Because that's the only way I can imagine a revolution going on here.

I'd be wondering why they didn't give up in a week. They are French-Canadians, after all. :p
I kid, I kid. Violent separatists aren't entirely unknown to Canada, however. Most recently, the October Crisis. Historically, we have the Rebellions of 1837, the Red River Rebellion, and the North-West Rebellion.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Fighting to liberate your country is nothing?

But yeah death is sad...

Yep, sit it out and wait for Stalin. Great idea.

Tito was a dictator, but way lesser of two evils. At least Yugoslavia didn't end up as a Soviet puppet.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Yes it could have been avoided, but in the end, Hitler would not be satisfied until he took it all. Also plenty of Serbs, Bosnians and others where dieing anyway with the partisans, as most of them were seen as inferior to the germans, being south slavs and all that. If the partisans had not acted many more would have died, they saved thousands upon thousands of lives. And in the end had they not done what they had done, more would die, and it would not have been the allies who liberated you, the "Liberation" would have been at the hands of the Red Army, and would you have rather had Yugoslavia as a Soviet Puppet for half a century?

You really wanna go with that? Because of Tito's brilliant tactits hundreds of thousands of Serbian soldiers died. Partisans were also bandits who stole from their own people and raped women when they were drunk. While if a German soldier stole a chicken from a Yugoslav he would have been shot on the spot. The partisans also played the "who has the biggest dick?" game and had a couple of battles with them and when the communists took over they killed and outcasted them. Sounds really lovely, doesn't it?

Did i say that? i dont recall saying that, but i apparently did. How silly of me not to realize.

The Partisans lost between 250,000 to 350,000 thousand, many of them were not Serbs by the way. Couple of battles? The partisans liberated near the entire country, the only country in the war to do so, the rest was taken back by them and the Red army. And do you really think a german soldier would have been killed for taking a chicken? from people the nazis saw as inferior? who they killed in droves, in the thousands? tens of Thousands, nay millions of French, dutch, Belgian, Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, Norwegian, Danish and others civilians died due to partisan actions, but i guess they should not have bothered then eh? Its not like they helped win the war or nothing and prevented millions of more deaths.

And while i dont like killing in general, the ones who were killed by Tito and his men after the war, where largely (but not all) the ones who helped the Germans, who assisted in the attempted Genocide of an entire race for their own benefit.

Also answer this, who would you rather have in charge? Tito or Stalin, Tito was a bit of a dick with some of his plans, but Stalin was a monster.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Arthurista wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:Well, the whole thing could have been avoided. And Germany never had to invade Yugoslavia, Duke Pavle who was Regent back then was negotiating with Germany, and Serbia would have even gotten some lands.

Tito was a dictator, but way lesser of two evils. At least Yugoslavia didn't end up as a Soviet puppet.

Or did it? :p

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Kleomentia wrote:You really wanna go with that? Because of Tito's brilliant tactits hundreds of thousands of Serbian soldiers died. Partisans were also bandits who stole from their own people and raped women when they were drunk. While if a German soldier stole a chicken from a Yugoslav he would have been shot on the spot. The partisans also played the "who has the biggest dick?" game and had a couple of battles with them and when the communists took over they killed and outcasted them. Sounds really lovely, doesn't it?

Did i say that? i dont recall saying that, but i apparently did. How silly of me not to realize.

The Partisans lost between 250,000 to 350,000 thousand, many of them were not Serbs by the way. Couple of battles? The partisans liberated near the entire country, the only country in the war to do so, the rest was taken back by them and the Red army. And do you really think a german soldier would have been killed for taking a chicken? from people the nazis saw as inferior? who they killed in droves, in the thousands? tens of Thousands, nay millions of French, dutch, Belgian, Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, Norwegian, Danish and others civilians died due to partisan actions, but i guess they should not have bothered then eh? Its not like they helped win the war or nothing and prevented millions of more deaths.

And while i dont like killing in general, the ones who were killed by Tito and his men after the war, where largely (but not all) the ones who helped the Germans, who assisted in the attempted Genocide of an entire race for their own benefit.

Well, i highly doubt that a story from my great grandfather who didn't like the germans wouldn't be true since he was telling how great their organization was. A german officer was about to shoot a german soldier who stole a chicken from my great grandfather, however my great grandfather managed to talk him out of it.

Yeah sure, blame the King's guard for genocide. Communist propaganda and bullshit.

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:26 pm

To paraphrase a certain republican from the Spanish Civil War (was it La Passionaria?), if it's a choice between dying on your feet and living on your knees, it's not entirely irrational to choose the former.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Did i say that? i dont recall saying that, but i apparently did. How silly of me not to realize.

Well, i highly doubt that a story from my great grandfather who didn't like the germans wouldn't be true since he was telling how great their organization was. A german officer was about to shoot a german soldier who stole a chicken from my great grandfather, however my great grandfather managed to talk him out of it.

Yeah sure, blame the King's guard for genocide. Communist propaganda and bullshit.

Your great grand father did a good thing then, saving a life. And i hope that man he saved made it through the war and lived in peace. But the action of one officer who spared his life, is not the story of an entire war front.

But Propaganda? What? Im sorry, have you not studied what happened there? Chetniks killed tens of thousands of people, the SS killed tens of thousands of people, the Axis, killed hundreds of thousands of people. Im sorry, but that is not propaganda, or bullshit, that is fact. World War 2, study it please
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

Or did it? :p

No, it didnt. It broke off in the Fifties and formed the Non Aligned movement, Stalin tried to have Tito killed, and tried to play members of the communist party in Yugolsavia against one another to gain a foot hold there, in political power terms, to oust Tito. It didnt work.

Saint-Thor
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint-Thor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Camicon wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:I'd be wondering how the fuck Quebec got so many violent separatists. Because that's the only way I can imagine a revolution going on here.

I'd be wondering why they didn't give up in a week. They are French-Canadians, after all. :p
I kid, I kid. Violent separatists aren't entirely unknown to Canada, however. Most recently, the October Crisis. Historically, we have the Rebellions of 1837, the Red River Rebellion, and the North-West Rebellion.

True, but violent federalists do exist too, Richard Henry Bain and Denis Lortie who both tried to kill a sovereignist Premier, killing and injuring more people than the FLQ, who killed one guy. It's not the separatists who burned down the parliament in Montreal in 1849 only because L.H Lafontaine wanted to give indemnisation to the Patriot families who got their farms burned down by the British army. It was a crowd of 1500 angry orangists. Oh, and they also tried to kill him in his home in the same night.

Now about the Rebellion of 1837, it wasn't initially about separatism. The Patriots didn't want to secede from the crown, they wanted a representative governement and a voice in the budget. London responded with the 10 Russel resolutions. I mean, the Americans seceded from the crown for less than that. As for the Red river and North-West rebellion, the Metis were actually trying to defend their home and their rights. That's what I like about Canada, we have 2 differents histories.

Edit: the wikiarticle on Denis Lortie was in French, here an English version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Lortie
Last edited by Saint-Thor on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Depends on the revolution.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General