NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 89 - Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saltstead
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saltstead » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Asħwells Tijden
Vor Saxlands en Såutsteids Königlikstad

Royal Saltsteadish Football Association: the National Park will remain out of commission for the rest of qualifying

Jån-Pijr Michahels from the Borough of Königsplaat

The Royal Saltsteadish Football Association has confirmed that the National Eleven will not be returning to King William VII National Park until next cycle’s World Cup qualifiers at the earliest, keeping Saltsteadish matches at the Park der Fründens in Cersehorst for the time-being.

The National Park hosted the Holy Empire on matchday three, where the National Eleven stunned the world number one team 1:0 after reportedly hosting their opponents for tea, baked goods and philosophical conversion. However, in the pandemonium of Saltstead’s victory, the team bus crashed into one of the outer walls, injuring several people, but fortunately not resulting in any deaths. Unfortunately, inspectors from the Ashwell city government deemed the National Park unsafe for use after the match and the crash, forcing the Royal Saltsteadish Football Association to relocate home matches.

Consequently, Saltstead’s home games have been moved to Cersehorst, the capital of the northern state of Cheruskerland. The move to Cherrygrove City’s Park der Fründens—which hosted one of the final games of the inaugural CAFA LigAnaia—was a difficult transition for the National Eleven, however. In the ensuing confusion, Gräntfjall routed Saltstead 3:0 in the first match at the venue and Brookstation were able to grind out a scoreless draw. Luckily, the National Eleven have been able to smooth things over, winning their next four games in Cersehorst: three straight 1:0 victories over [Ideal] India, Zug um Zug and Equestria and a 4:1 rout of Acastanha.

The KSFB’s intention was always that the move to Cersehorst be a temporary one, with plans to reactivate the National Park for use later in the cycle. However, those plans have been derailed several times over as the Association has had to deal with a spate of vandals. Not long after the bus crash, plush toys were found littered across the ground and Trinitarian graffiti plastered the walls of the stadium in a failed attempt to have blame pinned on Imperial supporters. The Ashwell City Police later apprehended several alleged vandals, with trials currently pending in Royal City courts. City Police have reported further incidents since the Holy Empire game, though none have been nearly as extensive as the first.

In addition to clean-up efforts, the KSFB has also had to deal with a number of construction delays, which the Association pinned on trade complications as a result of the Foxchester referendum. “Unfortunately, our new status has resulted in some setbacks,” Procurement Director Therese Vesħer-Rudhall said in a statement. “There have been some delays while everyone tries to figure out what the new legal status is and update accordingly.”

There is also said to be some mission creep, with the repairs being seized as an opportunity to make some much-needed renovations. According to documents obtained from an anonymous KSFB staffer, the Association appears to be seizing the moment to improve changing and concession facilities, upgrading the venue’s pitch maintenance systems and installing more spaces for “safe standing” across the ground with the goal of increasing capacity beyond the current 77,000 seats. Furthermore, there are plans to move head coach Christiane van Åupħen’s office out of the stadium and to the team’s training facilities in the nearby city of Königshaven-an-d’ Argent in the Hertogdom.

As a consequence, the city government has not be able to recertify the stadium as safe for use, forcing the National Eleven to stay away from the capital for longer than the KSFB initially intended. Inside sources indicate that the National Eleven’s absence from Ashwell may extend to the second half of World Cup 90 qualification, if the team can return next cycle at all. The KSFB has therefore confirmed that the Park der Fründens will continue to serve as a substitute venue for the rest of World Cup 89 qualification, though it has not yet ruled out moving to a different “guest” venue next cycle.

Nevertheless, the Royal Saltsteadish Football Association has been clear that, regardless of any setbacks, a return to Ashwell will happen at some point in the near future: “Our primary goal is getting the National Eleven back to the Royal City of Ashwell,” a KSFB representative told Asħwells Tijden. “The National Eleven belong at the National Park and we are making every effort to ensure that the National Park is as high quality a venue as can be. Saltsteaders deserve no less.” ⁕
In other news:
  • Football: The Foreign Ministry confirm that Sarzonian players—but not any supporters—will be allowed to travel to Cersehorst
  • Såutsteid Stemmt: The key issues on the minds of Saltsteaders as the next Assembly of the People election approaches
  • OPINION: There is deep irony in hosting the unfriendliest nation in Atlantian Oceania at a stadium called “the Friends’ Park”

The Royal Saltsteadish Football Association
Royal House of Sport, Ashwell

Gräntfjall : Saltstead
World Cup 89 qualifying group stage — Matchday 14
GT Estadio Fútbol De Musarañas De Oro, Háttmark, Gräntfjall

— and —
Saltstead: AO Imperialists
World Cup 89 qualifying group stage — Matchday 15
Park der Fründens, Cersehorst, Saltstead

Starting line-up (4–5–1): Robert-Jan van Daal (captain); Micħäl Aurelius, Jan-Pijr Åudenberg, Serena van Middelkamp, Yorg Handel; Natasħa Aħterop, Benni Sħåul, Violeta Igesleven, Theodor Felicianus, Nico Joxepħssen; Reinhard Åubreħtssen
Substitute bench: Kathrinita Äsħes, Julij Kåler; Frans Richard, Pijr Josefssen, Sebastien van Can, Victoria Rothöüf; Marina Jager, Constantijn van Bleck, Anne Hodmaker, Nicholas Tiberius, Aleksa le Duc; Haråud Haråudssen

TLA: SAL(T)
iTLD: .zs
Demonym: Saltsteader
Adjectival: Saltsteadish
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Qusmo - 06/08/2019

Maybe the real World Cup title was the friends we made along the way.
This space intentionally left
We are and shall be
Saltstead
Nothing more, nothing less

Euran Oceania Territories
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Euran Oceania Territories » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:16 pm

The main camera pans downwards to the stage, gazing upon four speakers and a host.

‘Good evening, and welcome to the third of our series of debates on the big issue of our time – the referendum on the regional status of the Euran Oceania Territories. Here on the Falcon Network, we’ve been providing leading coverage of this pivotal campaign, which will shape at least part of the fate of the Territories for decades to come. I’m Regis Kane, and I’ll be moderating tonight’s debate. I’ll now allow the speakers to introduce themselves, starting from the left.’

‘Hi, I’m Matthew Cristian, leader of Fligsive Metropolitan Council and chair of the Let’s Go AO! (LGAO) campaign.’

‘Amber Ward. Let’s Go AO! campaign director. Enough said, eh?’

‘Hey! Eddie Compston. Businessman. Entrepreneur. I dabble on the Sameban flute. And, yes, I’m a passionate campaigner for the Anaia World Is Possible! (AWIP) cause.’

‘Russell Phillips-Webb, former MP for Tuttbridge back in Eura, and now the Anaia World Is Possible! Head of Future Policy.’

‘Thank you, everyone. Our first question is from Cara, a staple collector from Burgess…’

Matthew Cristian (MC): ‘…you have no idea what you’re arguing for! What do we want? Separation! When do we want it? Who knows!’

Russell Phillips-Webb (RPW): ‘That’s simply not fair. All I’ve said is that we might not be burning the maps of our neighbours the day after the vote, what’s wrong with that?’

Regis Kane (RK): ‘Ok, ok, I think we’ve heard enough on that topic. Our next question is from Tyra Tompkinson, a rhino herder from Magnaeus. Tyra asks: what do the speakers think should change about the Territories identity because of this referendum? Russell, we’ll start back with you.’

RPW: ‘Thanks Regis. I think a vote to join Anaia is a huge opportunity for all of us to re-evaluate the things that make us who we are, that makes us Expats. Obviously, we’d have a change in things like sporting tournaments. We’d be in the CAFA, not AOCAF. But our key focus would surely be on matters of more everyday substance like trade.’

RK: ‘Interesting point. Amber, what would you say to that?’

Amber Ward (AW): ‘I would say it’s a bit arrogant to assume that identity isn’t a matter of “everyday substance”. As a woman, my identity plays a role every day, it’s not just a trivial bit of side-action to my life. Who is to say its not the same for regional identity?’

RPW: ‘Surely you’re not comparing everyday sexism to anti-Atlantia Oceania sentiment?’

AW: ‘Your words, not mine.’

RPW: ‘That’s ridic-‘

Eddie Compston (EC): ‘Listen, as a businessman, I think Russell is absolutely right to focus on what really matters to ordinary people. They care about jobs and success, not all this identity politics nonsense.’

AW: ‘That’s just ridiculous though to be so dismissive of these issues. What are you going to do about the name of the country? It will have to change. And that’s just one of-‘

RK: ‘I’m sorry, let’s take a step back there. What do you mean by change the name of the country?’

AW: ‘Well, we won’t be in Atlantian Oceania anymore, so the “Oceania” bit will have to go, won’t it?’

EC: ‘No, that’s not the plan. No way.’

AW: ‘And you can guarantee this…how?’

EC: ‘Well, it’s not up to me, but so what if it did change? What really matters is what moving to Anaia will do for our economy.’

RK: ‘Now hold on there Eddie, I think Amber has asked a very good question. This country is very well established as the “Euran Oceania Territories”. Changing the name could have consequences. What is your position here?’

EC: ‘Who cares? It’s a bloody name.’

MC: ‘I care, as a proud Oceanian, Euran and Expat. Answer the question properly!’

EC: ‘I…its complicated, we’ll have to look at it when we win.’

AW: ‘There’s the arrogance again!’

MC: ‘Absolutely. This is just classic AWIP!, really – the pro-Anaians don’t only lack a plan, they don’t even know what the country will be called if they win!’

EC: ‘That’s beside the point of this debate…’

Eddie is drowned out by increasingly loud applause.

RK: ‘Eddie, I think we really need a yes or no answer.’

EC: ‘Look, I’m not going to tell you any lies. I’m a straightforward bloke, not some politician. Did I tell you I run a business?’

The audience groans with frustration.

RK: ‘Ok, I think we’ll have to move on if you’re not going to answer.’

RPW: ‘Hold on a minute. Wait. Matt, Amber, to be fair, you both raise a valid point. But Eddie was right the first time – its not going to change. And as the Head of Future Policy for the AWIP! Campaign, I can guarantee to you now that it won’t.’

RK: ‘Wow. You’re prepared to guarantee that on stage here? Why should viewers believe you?’

RPW: ‘Ok, we want out of Atlantian Oceania. Anaia makes more sense as our home and I believe the public recognise that. But we recognise that we need to respect that old identity, the origins of this young nation, half-Euran and half-Oceanian. And geographically not much is going to change, right? So, we’ll keep the name. And the pro-Oceanians? They just want to make you concentrate on this and think it’s a bad thing that we want change elsewhere because…err, because…’

MC: ‘Oh, he’s making this up on the spot. This is embarrassing.’

RPW: ‘…because they hate Eura.’

The audience audibly gasps.

AW: ‘What?!’

RPW: ‘They hate Eura. Yep.’

AW: ‘That doesn’t make any fucking sense!’

RK: ‘Amber, please restrain your language. Russell, that’s quite a big claim. Do you have anything to back it up?’

RPW: ‘Well, Amber and Matthew, look at them, why do you think they’re so keen to stop us encouraging people to accept change and make the positive move to Anaia? Its because they love Atlantian Oceania so much that they’ve forgotten they’re Euran too. That’s why they care so much about the name. Yes, that’s it. They love Atlantian Oceania and hate Eura.’

MC: ‘I’m sorry but this is outrageous. That’s slander.’

EC: ‘No it isn’t! It’s the bloody truth is what it is. You’re both do-gooding lefties who love to put down our homeland at every turn.’

AW: ‘Oh that’s just completely bollocks, I’m sorry, I’m a Capital Party member under my Euran passport for one thing. A centre-right party.’

RPW: ‘There she goes, swearing. It must be because she’s angry. Angry that I’ve revealed the truth. The truth that a vote for Atlantian Oceania is a vote to make us clones of Vilita, of Valanora, of Banija, and to discard our Euran heritage. A vote for Anaia is a vote to respect our Euran heritage, parts of our Oceanian heritage, and move on to a new Anaian future.’

MC: ‘This is just such vacuous nonsense. You loved Eura so much you left mate.’

EC: ‘Did he? Or did he seek out new opportunities like every entrepreneurial, red-blooded Euran who wants to change the world for the better and be a winner too. That’s my bet.’

RPW: ‘Thank you. And just to be clear – the pro-Anaian campaign love Eura. We love the Falcon and the flag. We love our Lord Baker portrait in the head office. We love football, and cricket, and the EBC. And our glorious armed forces. And apple pie. And did I mention I was a survivor of the Pooltree bombing?’

MC: ‘Rubbish.’

RPW: ‘I’m sorry, what?’

The audience boos Matthew for his comment, him having given into the pressure created by Russell’s baseless accusations.

MC: ‘I didn’t mean that, obviously you were very brave to survive that, and I love all those things too, I just think you’re being very cynical right now.’

EC: ‘There’s nothing cynical about loving our homeland, Matthew. Russell was right, see? You lot all hate every bit of your Euran being. Probably too busy sipping your Siovanijan tea from your Tropicorp mugs in your big city cafes. Your surname sounds a bit green to me, by the way.’

RK: ‘Ok, there’s no need for that Eddie. Let’s keep this debate clean.’

MC: ‘My brother was in the forces during the war. And you’re calling me a Sameban? You really are a gutless, profiteering shit!’

EC: ‘Get over it, snowflake!’

MC: ‘Right that’s enough…’

The stage descends into chaos as the two men square up and almost descend into a very unsavoury brawl. After thirty seconds of madness where they are held back by various members of the crew. Eventually both men are removed.

RK: ‘Ok...I think we’re all good here now. Are we on? Right. I’d just like to apologise to our viewers and the audience here for that extraordinarily poor behaviour by two of our participants this evening. I think this is probably a sensible place to end our debate with some final comments from our remaining participants. Amber, do you want to go first?’

AW: ‘Thank you Regis. I don’t think I need to say much. Everybody here and at home has just seen what the pro-Anaian campaign is – a moronic catch-all group of lunatic populists exploiting people’s grievances for their own ends. Its pathetic, its divisive, and quite frankly I think the Expat public will see right through it. I’d urge them all to make sure they’re registered to vote, to get out on referendum day and put an end to this once and for all.’

RK: ‘Thank you Amber. Russell?’

RPW: ‘I agree with you Amber – agree that we need to put this to an end once and for all – and we can only do that by voting for Anaia and breaking our reliance on the “Oceania” part of the Euran Oceania Territories. Let’s put to bed this Eura-hating pro-Atlantian Oceania campaign that wants to divide us from our homeland, cutting us off from selective bits of our past and cementing a wall in front of our future. Let’s break that wall down and put reach out to our new neighbours, and our oldest kin. Let’s vote for Eura by voting for Anaia.’

RK: ‘Ok then, thank you Russell. That will be all from us tonight. Please go to our website if you can, and vote in our post-debate snap poll. Thanks again for joining us, I’m Regis Kane, and I’ll see you at the next debate.’

Amber woke up and headed downstairs and made an immediate beeline for the front door. Her morning paper had just arrived. She was hoping it contained good news. Surely the Anaian campaign wouldn’t be rewarded for that ludicrous display last night?

DEBATE FURORE SEES PRO-ANAIA VOTE TAKE LEAD
AO campaign struggle to shake off accusations of anti-Euran sentiment

‘Fuck!’

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Krauts - Undefeated On The Crimson Turf of Smith Field - Push Their Way Into a Qualifying Slot With Three Games To Go

Goalkeeper Vincent Emilia has been outstanding this cycle as part of a defensive unit that's currently pacing Group 13

It's difficult to explain in words how obscenely unexpected this was for Ranoria. We're a gridiron nation. We like our brown handegg and all the helmets and pads that come with it. No one was even checking the standings, we expected - at best - to earn a winning record this season, and maybe an "oh well, we were within two wins of almost qualifying."

No no.

Ranoria had pushed their way into the second spot in group 13 with a 3-0 win over St Trinians...that was two days ago. We here at RSSN legitimately hadn't even thought to check the group standings until a post on twi.ttur by Abel Camp went viral...which resulted in a slew of DMs from all of you loving fans. Our interns truly appreciate the hours of clearing out notifications you've handed them, so thank you for that, it keeps them off our backs. (Don't worry, we still make them pick up coffee) You can see that post below.

Image@Abel_Camp43 Why is no one talking about our national team being in second place in group 13? Guys, we could QUALIFY FOR THE FLIPPING WORLD CUP. #Krauts

So, what exactly is going on? We're not entirely sure ourselves, but we'll try to figure it out with you! We have a few theories if you're willing to entertain them!

1: Some form of god is real, divine intervention has taken place, and someone on the Krauts has pledged themselves to that faith

That or someone is sacrificing a ton of rubber ducks, because that's probably the most rational explanation. Absurd, but who do we think it is? The two-sport athlete Barry Chlorid? Perhaps the physical specimen in Felix Graf found more satisfaction in spiritual accomplishments than in earthly desires and accolades?

We're not entirely serious of course - because calling this team competent could be deemed insulting to other teams. But we needed to throw it out there.

2: We're actually decent at this

Okay listen, we understand that this is preposterous, so we won't keep you here long. Give us a hundred words to try and rationalize this one.

With an 11 win run last cycle, qualifying for the knockout rounds of the Baptism of Fire in our debut, and our current position, there is a possibility - remote as it is - that Ranoria is actually fielding a solid soccer team. After all, we've seen flashes out of Barry Chlorid, and the back end, well, they've played great. Backed by Vincent Emilia at goalkeeper and spearheaded by an ascending star in the still young Kris Reinhardt, the Krauts currently hold the best scoring defense in the group. Yes, the group with the 2nd best team in the world per pre- World Cup power rankings.

So...take that as you will. I wouldn't buy it quite yet, but it's there.

3: Smith Field in Richardson is a veritable fortress

Red Turf and all, with a meager capacity of just over 19,050, no one has beaten Ranoria at Smith Field. 5 wins, three draws, no losses. If you're keeping count, that's a swing up from being being a still respectable 4-1-2 away from home. It could be the crowd noise, but we doubt it. Just to make sure we're clear, not even 20,000 seats in the place. While the fanbase may be spirited, the venue just doesn't have the volume to produce a truly monstrous crowd. Our thoughts is it's something about that red turf. Xannerians commented last season that that crimson hue should be banned after dropping a match against the Krauts then, and at this rate the movement may gain some traction. Hell, we even managed to escape the 2nd ranked team in the world - Turori - with a 0-0 deadlock when they came to town.

Absurd is the word I would use to describe our home field stand this season.

No matter which of the top three you buy into, or if you have your own theories as to how this is happening - the next three matches may be a few of the biggest non-gridiron games in Ranoria's international sporting history, so make sure you tune in to watch our Krauts!
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:44 pm

Now back in print after a brief ten-year hiatus!

La Vherderoja continues to struggle to finish off opponents; qualification mostly in the bag

"Good enough, I guess" is the only accurate description one could give for Farfadillis' performance against Drawkland, the second seeds of our qualifying group. Holding a four-point advantage over the Sonnel country, la Vherderoja managed to secure a draw that, save for a catastrophe, will see them through to South Newlandia and/or Tikariot. Once again, as with most matches this cycle, doubts remain over whether the team can perform to the expected level when facing better opposition. The truth is we haven't been truly tested so far, and the few hard tests we have faced, we've scraped by at best. Drawkland are the only half-decent team in this group, besides the underperforming Valladares and, perhaps, the overperforming Atheara. Tying both games, coupled with the national team's recent underperformances, is a very bad omen.

As for the game itself, it was a quite dull affair by the two teams' standards. Both teams like to attack and skimp on the defensive aspects of the game, which tends to favor Farfadillis. Notably, both of the Drawkians' worst-ever defeats were against Farfadillis, precisely because of this. The game in Farfadillis had been a moderately entertaining two-two draw. With all of this in mind, it came as a bit of a surprise when both teams failed to register a shot on target during the first twenty-seven minutes of the game. What's more, the shot itself was rather pitiful: a meager long-range attempt from Mbogo Nørgaard, who appears to be lacking confidence from shooting from afar lately. Not entirely, however! He does have enough confidence to shoot, which is a shame with how his shots have been coming out.

It would take another five minutes for one of the teams to create a clear goalscoring chance. It would be Farfadillis, off of Ígnîgo Çí Xôrí's individual talent. The Rulandese midfielder, who's been on a fantastic run of form at club level, dribbled past two of the so-called Elite Eleven, before surprising the defense with a no-look pass to Tôsgo Alxíkí, who snuck past the defense and fired past Septimus Xander and straight into the right post. Farfadillis' struggles of late were perfectly encapsulated in that play: the talent's clearly there and you can see it in flashes, but things still don't click, even when they look like they're about to.

The rest of the first half was much of the same, with Farfadillis holding possession toothlessly for large stretches of the game and the home team unable and/or unwilling to fight back. It made some sense: for one, they're not Winkland, are they? But, more seriously, a draw would be just about enough to still be in a good position to secure second place, while a loss would've made their game upcoming against Atheara that much more uncomfortable. Meanwhile, a draw meant a 95+% chance of qualification for Farfadillis. Half time came and went. Lele Manguele, clearly frustrated with his team's approach to the game, blew all of his substitutions, in one go, to little effect.

The second half was, by and large, a carbon copy of the first. Neither team looked particularly dangerous on the attack, with Farfadillis hoarding the ball and creating a few chances here and there. Another speculative, pathetic shot from Nørgaard was the first shot on target of the half. However, Farfadillis did manage to break the lock twenty minutes into the half, courtesy of centerback Nicholas Kingston. The Drawkian unnecessarily tripped the subbed-in Röémün Çídh agonizingly close to the edge of the box. VAR determined that the foul was outside the box⁠—no wonder we don't use it in Farfadillis⁠—but that was no big deal to the one and only Faragó rue Cazade. The Szoirsian undiplomatically smashed the ball right into the top-right corner, leaving the Drawkian goalkeeper no chance to save the shot. A nice goal, yes, but not one that made any of us feel like the team was in control. Indeed, it was not.

The game continued to play out like before, only with the Drawkians now opening up at the back a bit more. Shockingly, perhaps, they did not look particularly desperate for an equalizer. The narcissist in every Farf would like to think it's because they feared what we could do on the counter, and they would probably be right. We did create considerably more dangerous chances after the goal precisely that way. Unfortunately, both of the Çídh brothers proved wasteful on the day, with Edmün in particular missing two clear-cut chances he definitely wouldn't have missed in Valanora.

As they say in Farolera, goles errados son goles en contra: after failing to put the game to sleep, Drawkland got a late equalizer. It came after a kerfuffle in the box, which had followed a corner kick needlessly handed away by Kolejes Marajis, who was once again playing out of position, as a centerback. Mike Rodney was the goalscorer for Drawkland, though there were at least two other players who would've scored instead of him if he'd somehow managed to not score one meter away from goal with an open net.

The equalizer came when there were only six minutes left on the clock. Four minutes of injury time were added. In those ten minutes, not even once did either team look like they remotely cared about scoring another goal. As disappointing as it can get for a Farf, watching a game unfold like this.
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:46 pm

THE ROZELLE OBSERVER
Widespread relief in Brenecia as ignored nation ticks over
Micah Koren

Brenecia has benefited from an uncharacteristically peaceful period of late, and for the first time in decades a majority of Brenecians have agreed with a poll prompt (52%) that they are 'relatively fortunate to be Brenecian'.

While the government greeted these findings warmly, putting out a Twii promoting the steadily strengthening economy and dropping unemployment rate, another major cause for optimism may be just how much worse the Nyowani Kitara situation appears to be, and that Brenecia, a nation of close to nine million some oceans away, has no relevance or stake in the fray there.

Politically, the LDR and NPD have put out bland statement condemning the atrocities and hoping all sides can come to the negotiating table, while the CPP have put out a bland statement that vaguely endorses the KFF as Kitara's 'best hope for peace'. Prime Minister Locke has said that humanitarian aid 'will be considered at such a time when we can be confident materiel will not be subverted for a particular partisan cause'.

Judging by a series of vox pops on the streets of Rozelle, reasons for feeling a certain relative patriotism have ranged wildly. One man, Garrick (74) stated smugly that "at least we've won a World Cup". Annand, a 21-year old, hurried-looking student said, "At least when we fell prey to a predatory dictator, she was voted in and then voted out in what passed for a fair and free election."

By contrast, the situation of an ongoing siege outside an oil reservoir feels almost quaint by comparison. "For my part, I just pretend the oil never sprung up at all," said Erin, 58-year old dockworker. "And it gives [former PM Clarisse] Ward's new toy soldiers something to do."

On the whole, while it may not be a bright new dawn in Brenecia, the smog at least feels minimal for the time being.

BRENECIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 8
Goalkeepers:
1 - Scathach Wright (Raynor City United, VAL), 12 - Anthea Finnan (Holdenberg City, EUR), 20 - Cairbre Dundalk (North Laithland, NPH)
Defenders: 2 - Clovette Bravender (Ulsa, EUR), 3 - Triss Roscommon (Revolutionaries, EUR, c), 5 - Finn Leadbetter (Holdenberg, EUR), 6 - Casey Giltanan (Workers Union, EUR), 17 - Caithe Shepherd (Brinemouth, NPH), 18 - Athelney Shrine (Southern Star), 22 - Mynah Seeler (Southern Star)
Midfielders: 4 - Ronan Schofield (Raynor City United, VAL), 8 - Esther Caitiff (Ulsa, EUR), 11 - Felicia Brind (South Laithland, NPH), 13 - Consaidin Garrard (FK Metropola Borograd, STL), 19 - Tethys Ondrejko (Farrenton Athletic, EUR), 23 - Iseult Conway (Northern Union)
Forwards: 7 - Kendra Carpenter (Wirr Tsi, CMT), 9 - Mhacha White (Farrenton Athletic, EUR), 10 - Katua Byrne (KT Itzalovalle, AUD), 14 - Danand Tristram (Northern Stallions), 15 - Mathgamain Fife (Rozelle), 16 - Fortune Russell (AC Izotz Zubia, AUD), 21 - Rogue Lyrick (Rolalas FC, VAL)

SCHEDULE
Brenecia 3 - 0 Moliza (239)
Brenecia 3 - 0 Garifunya (108)
Le Choix (102) 1 - 0 Brenecia
Brenecia 3 - 2 Squidroidia (61)
Kohnhead (64) 1 - 2 Brenecia
Brenecia 1
- 0 Geisenfried (UR)
HUElavia (28) 4 - 4 Brenecia
Brenecia 1 - 0 Txakhaxi (139)
Britland (320) 0 - 4 Brenecia
Moliza (239) 0 - 0 Brenecia
Garifunya (108) 2 - 3 Brenecia
Brenecia 1
- 0 Le Choix (102)
Squidroidia (61) 1 - 1 Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Kohnhead (64)
Geisenfried (UR) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. HUElavia (28)
Txakhaxi (139) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Britland (320)
Puppet of Nephara.

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Recycle Time - Bad Jokes, NYK and a Golden Falcon

Postby Vilita » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:54 pm

♫ Recycle Time... Back again... Nikkii's Back... Back again... ♫

A Guy Walked into a Bar.

It Hurt.

What do sprinters eat before a race?

Nothing. They fast.

Look guys I'm just trying to put everything into perspective. These jokes might be pretty bad. But they are still kind of fun, right? I mean the joke was delivered. You got it. Maybe you chuckled. It could have been worse. No one died or anything.

Thats a lot like what we have going on here in World Cup 89 Qualifying isn't it? It's been bad but I guess it could be worse?

So what happens when you witness a ship wreck?

You let it sink in.

Yea I know, I know. Lets hope we don't need to use that one huh? Well Let me tell you something. Lets just take that one and put it in the 'ole back pocket for a minute because we've got a couple of tough matches coming up here. We're just going to head straight to the point here. Our next match is against Nyowani Kitara. In Nyowani Kitara.

In case you weren't aware... there is ... stuff going in in Nyowani Kitara. Like, I'm part of the traveling team for the Jungle Cats and really I'm not sure I want to be there right now? Thats the job though right. Its just in situations like this you never know when the tensions are going to turn and if you are stuck there when it happens what are you going to do? They glassed Tachbe. Sorthern Northland is still barely inhabitable. People like you and me just become afterthoughts when stuff erupts and goes south.

If you were thinking that "oh its happening in Rushmore which isn't here so probably it won't effect us much" well let me be your proof that it does! It effects all of us. Our players will be there. Our staff will be there. I will be there. Our neighbors are getting involved. We don't have many neighbors left, lets be honest, but the Eurans are involved. The Banijans are involved. People are taking sides. Territory is being controlled by different groups and who knows it could change while we are there.

Now, I'm not like concerned about safety... I don't think? We've been to some crazy places in the past. We've been to stadiums in countries that no longer existed to play a team full of refugees who were the last hope of a dying nation hoping to be carried on the back of 11 players who were their last connection to the outside world. We've been escorted through battle lines in armored vehicles to make it to a stadium and returned fine on the other end.

So our match will take place at the Dewayo National Stadium which is in Dewayo and is the largest stadium that I'm aware of in Nyowani Kitara. Its the big city and probably the safest place at least in terms of stability since its controlled by the Central Government. I think most of the contested land is out more towards the borders but I'm sure they will give us some specific instructions upon arrival (or hopefully before!) that will provide advise on where to go, where to avoid... should we just stay in our rooms or can we explore - the whole nine yards.

Honestly, as much as it might sound a little scary, it really is interesting getting to tag along with the team and visit all these far off (or not so far off) nations, seeing the different cultures and celebrating the multiverse a little. Sure its a hectic life but I can't complain... at least not yet. Just see if my opinion is still the same if the little territoral map of Nyowani Kitara has a new color around Dewayo when I get back!

Why should you never eat a clock?

Because it’s too time consuming.

Right? Get it? I mean picture one of those old timey clocks all the wood... springs... how are you going to eat that quickly! You're not! Seriously though, with all the talk about Nyowani Kitara that brings up something else that involves our sporting neighbors but isn't strictly sports related so lets transition straight to that. Someone passed along a link on twii.tur where some Pro-Separatist faction in the Euran Oceania Territories was spreading lies about Anti-Euran sentiment? Look I dont get into the politics unless the Leazi-Corada personally forces me to and even then, I don't go about making political positions. But since when is twii.tur about spreading lies and politics stuff? Is there no sacred place on the connected web anymore?

Also, Anti-Euran sentiment? From where? Certainly not here. I mean, is not our entire national team playing in Eura right now? Alright, maybe not the whole thing but certainly all the good players! Lohani Riiyaaw, Khrusan Mlianko, Clarana Refiami... A whole bunch of Turorians. In fact I still can't believe that Amatopa kid comes up first thing out of the box and wins Goalkeeper of the Year and the EuraLeague championship... then helps put those slimy Eels not only into the World Cup Final but winning it outright. I'd be surprised if there weren't statues of Amatopa put up before the young keeper hangs up their gloves both in Turori and in Eura.

Also, check out this piece of golden awesomeness...

Thats right, I've got like 3 of them and my understanding is that these things were the biggest seller of the entire set from World Cup 80. Actually I think there were some stats on that...

Hold on let me ... just... got it!

Alright so obviously Toys '4' All is based right here in Vilita, Lopinka to be exact and they are distributing throughout the multiverse but largely in Atlantian Oceania. They said... lets see... right here it says that the Cocoabo was actually the #1 seller from the special line of National Mascots that they produced. Then the rest of the top five were noted as the Golden Falcon from Eura, the Pony from the Equestrian States, the Azure Dragon of Cosumar and the Jungle Cat from Vilita.

Its not clear if that is to represent that the Golden Falcon from Eura was the #2 best seller overall or if thats as a percentage of those produced including online sales as I'm sure they made tons of Jungle Cats, but either way - the Golden Falcon of Eura was the only Top 5 seller that represented an out-of-market team with Mainland Eura being based out of Rushmore. I don't think the regions top selling out-of-market merchandise would be from Eura if it was full of Anti-Euran sentiment but maybe those guys are just doing the typical thing and stretching the facts to make their cause seem all rosy when its really anything but.

Yea. I was stuck at the stupid stelberg conference and I'm sick of politics at that point, but even more, I hate the fact that some lies are being spread while compromising the integrity of such a high-standing communications tool like twii.tur! Are we all going to have to switch to Blue Services to avoid the spread of misinformation? I sure hope not!

Why do you never see elephants hiding in trees?

Because they’re so good at it!

Thats... Why you don't see them... right? Well, on that note, I think enough is enough for one day. See we started the last show off with a joke about Elephants and now we ended this one... right? ok anyway... Normally we would expect a pair of wins coming up for the Jungle Cats but these days it seems anything can happen. Lets just cross our fingers and say Go Jungle Cats!

Last edited by Vilita on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Independent Athletes from Quebec
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Independent Athletes from Quebec » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Cabinet Room, Prime Ministerial Residence

It was a late Monday morning at the 149 Hwangdo Boulevard (Imperial Road in Korean), when Arsene Pineau Kim, the Yeongeuijeong (Prime Minister) of Quebec and Shingoryeo, and Isebantu Mutungi, the Banijan Crown Prince and the Prime Minister, convened on a last-minute meeting. Under normal circumstances the Prime Minister would have scheduled this as a full cabinet meeting with the Secretary-General, but that was not the purpose of this meeting, for a summit of such nature would have taken lot more time to plan out, and that's not what they had wanted.

The respective heads of governments in their country, intense as they ever were, were now sitting in the Cabinet Room of the Prime Ministerial residence, hearing the press conference session after the Grim Reapers' loss the previous night at home against Chartistan. Both nations haven't been having the finest of qualification campaigns, with Banija unexpectedly stuck in the middle of qualification fights and the I.A. Quebec shamefully lost points at home matches that should have been easy wins. Nobody was happy, and there was no point complaining on whether the Grim Reapers, whose players all got spanked with a mjolnir 50 times on both of their losses suffered against Chartistan and Rizealand over the past two months, or Kadongo Kumu, who have actually won a World Cup before, fared worse.

Anyhow, the talks between the respective heads were going to stay one-on-one. Both nations, for months, have deliberated on what to do with each other's respective thought process. MPs gave their respective memos and bullet points, while the bureaucrats had discussed on what protocols to take with a visit like this - so simple yet complicated. Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet have already given their words to their Prime Ministers once more before they headed abroad, and the news were slowly updated to show their trajectories. High-level discussions were going to require some time and carefully made decisions from those high up after all.

'Alright, so we are here.' Arsene Kim stared at him, as they sat down. There was not much said in the first minute of their respective sittings at the Cabinet Room, as the tensions between the two were simply too great. The meeting did involve two proud men, whose origins may be different, but causes they were defending for something similar. 'You do not want war with me, and I don't. None of us do, so let's work out the more specific details, the intricacies, especially after the rumoured presence of the Banijan military in Gatchinovo.'

'That’s not the issue to be concerned about, Arsene.' Mutungi looked back at him, trying his best to assert the Banijan sense of bolster in him. 'What we have to concern ourselves about is the plan for this country named Nyowani Kitara. The assistance was agreed upon by those in Gatchinovo and Nyhavn, however disagreeable it may have been in the face of Petrograd. And I do not care what Petrograd thinks about this.'

'The Commonwealth Assembly will not tolerate this, when the news come up in the agenda the next week.' Kim responded, implying from his voice the well-publicised friendship the Quebecois Prime Minister held with the Norsk Secretary-General of the Quebecois Commonwealth of Nations. 'But we will leave this to respective foreign ministers. Now, can you clarify on what is Busukuma's stance about the Nyowani Kitaran Conflict. Of course we all know that Busukuma backs the Kitaran Freedom Front, and so are few others. What is it that it's to do with us?'

'The official recognition, to clear the clouds.' answered Mutungi, deciding to take a more direct approach with Kim. 'It has been our priority, and yours, to coordinate a joint stance, and the joint solution regarding this matter, especially as this concerns the fellow ethnic Banijans - however changed the wording may be - in Pavola. It is true that supporting KFF has been the most popular of solutions up to this point, but providing the KFF what they need- whether it be supplies, military advisors, or something else - will require your support. Don't forget that Quebec City does have its allies in Rushmore, one edge that we don't have back home.'

'I see what you mean, Mutungi.' Kim said, drinking a glass of Screwdriver as he tried his best to explain his doubts. 'But you see...I don't know why you are concerned about a possible intervention in favour of Dewayo. We have to remember that there were not a lot of Nepharans back when they and the Quebecois people fought with the Eurans on the Sameban Conflict that ended all conflicts out there. And that was a conflict of greater priorities, especially considering that it was the Samebans who launched a nuclear attack on an Euran city. Major-scale military interventions are not so likely in sight, at least in favour of the present government based in Dewayo.'

'So what would be Quebec City's stance on the matter?' Mutungi asked. 'Do you think that the Cabinet and you, of all persons, would propose to ally with KPWC or DFLK?'

'No.' Arsene responded with a deep voice, before explaining his position. 'That is not ideal either- backing KPWC makes no sense for us too. And this comes from Quebec City's views from centuries ago, when they were actually in support of Nepharim overthrow of their monarchy because of our belief in benevolent monarchism, which they weren't really fllowing up to. It's more about our interests and I can assure you that backing Nafuna Akongo is something tht will never - in the light of day - happen.'

'And then we have the DFLK.' Mutungi said. 'The odd ones left out, with no support. But, however un-backed by Hattmark or Catrallo or Rhovanyon they may be, they consist of significant part of the population that cannot be ignored up north. If anything, they cause a bigger complication, in my opinion, because everybody thinks Hattmark's communist is having a hard time between whether to just not care, or to back those who look similar to them-'

Arsene Kim's stance on this was fairly clear. 'DFLK? I am more concerned with KFF's stance on the matter.' Arsene responded. 'Malik Akongo may have been around enough times on the social scenes of anywhere in Pavola to have no problem with coexistence, however discomforting it may be. Quebecois folk based in San Ortelio or even, His Royal Highness Henri, can confirm. However, it is those under him who concern me more. Do I think that I have patience for those who dare to dispossess and massacre almost a half of their people? There needs to be a serious measure taken, shortgap or permanent, to get over this risk as the Kitaran conflict worsens, Mutungi, else you, actually we, will let Nafuna Akongo be seen as saint.'

It was a particularly smoky room, even though neither ministers were smokers. Perhaps it may just have been the emotional atmosphere being charged, or the frustrations what to do. 'So...what you are proposing is a stopgap solution between the two states?' Mutungi asked after a minute of silence. 'And you think that this is a solution?'

'Probably best for now, yes.' nodded Arsene. He was now more than sure Mutungi was listening- the Banijan Prime Minister, while a stubborn man, wasn't blind to international diplomacy unlike his late grandfather, Albert III. 'We can perhaps propose that KFF and DFLK, representing two different ethnic groups, two religions and two regions, can coexist under a form of consociationalism where you will proportionally reserve the highest offices between les Blancs and les Noirs. It is not a particularly hard one especially if the two, coming from two directions, can take Dewayo in short period of time. And if there needs to be a compromise to make this easier, perhaps resettlement of refugees can be done - let's call this 1947 throwback option.'

'Perhaps, but there is one issue.' Mutungi advised. 'It may take a lot to convince the KFF, and given that we have already stated our support for them, it may take a bit more effort than intended. Don't forget that there's also those from Juvencus and Darmen to consider-'

'What is to worry about then, Mutungi? I'd rather have the Darmeni advisors' heads be chopped up, if anything, and Scott City be pulverised too,' Arsene lifted his voice up. 'That's 3 out of 5, not to mention Bollonich and Yuezhou. But out of those 5, how many can say that they have the power Busukuma holds? However many embarrassments the Banijans may have suffered on diplomatic fronts, mostly due to self-inflicted errors, you have Malik Akongo on your hold. And sooner than later you will have ours too, and aids and weapons will be provided as needed, but you have to remember the power of blood. I get Busukuma's natural gratificaton to back KFF because they are of same blood as you do, and that they are doing their best to revive the Mormon Mysticism. It's natural. But I, as a Quebecois son of foreigners, a mixed-descent man like everybody in this country, do too.'
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:03 pm

The Marauders failed to win either game in two must win scenarios, putting their qualification streak on the line with another result that simply is not good enough for what is supposed to be the third best team in the entire footballing world. After maintaining an unbeaten run in the first half of the qualifiers, the team has fallen victim to a vicious upset bug that looks to completely derail the continued pursuit of the sixth World Cup title that was supposed to be the goal of the side this tournament. Failure to qualify from the group would like see the untimely sacking of the manager, who before this cycle had turn every opportunity into a pot of fortune, but all that precious luck and talent seems to have failed him and the side since the fixtures were reversed for this second half. With Vdara continuing to just get the job done, despite the four goal thwarting that they received in the Battleground during the first half of qualifying, it looks very unlikely like the Marauders will be able to win the group and the continued slide might even see the team fail to make the playoffs at this rate.

The question of who or what to blame if that comes to pass and why it is happening now is a hard one to answer, but ultimately it looks like it is merely a case of every single side giving the Marauders that extra bit of effort in the fixture between themselves and our team. While this is by no means something that is out of the ordinary for the Wanderers, as the side has been getting the very best from every opponent and seeing some teams celebrating wins or even getting a draw against the Marauders as if lifting the World Cup, it is a different sort of beast with the more youth orientated squad. These are a bunch of players who are not used to handling this sort of pressure on the whole, most of them being part of a larger whole than the star of the show with their club teams, now facing this sort of pressure and scrutiny it looks like it is quite taking its toll and the team unable to keep one bad result from snowballing into a complete failure of form. This is not the usual way that the squad reacts to poor form and with only a handful of matches to go, it needs to return to normalcy to even keep a playoff spot, much less trying to climb back to the group lead.

It will not be easy as there is still several difficult fixtures for the Marauders to try to navigate in the last half of the campaign, including a match against the Bisons of Gyatso-kai, a team that is in the pack that is chasing the Marauders for that playoff spot. It will be a hectic and high flying end to the campaign and it will take all of the managerial grace and charisma for Didrik to find the Marauders out of the muk that they have been entangled in these last four games. The leadership of the legendary captain, Laborious Hawk, will no doubt need to come down and keep the heads from hanging even lower as the side attempts to battle themselves through their poor form. A magnificent showing that showcases how Hawk has become synonymous with success and stardom as the Marauders look to bounce back would put a lot of the fears that the team is losing its way to bed and restore the confidence not only of the supporters of the team but the players themselves, as those young players need that confidence to stay consistently on top of their game unlike their more veteran teammates.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Sendhang
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sendhang » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:05 pm

I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X - XI - XII - XIII

XIV
PRESSURE

Sendhang was on a 7 match unbeaten run when they entertained the visit of the group leader, Vdara at the Federal Stadium. Confidence was high in the Sendhang camp especially after the victory over stronger sides like Legalese and Valanora. So you can't blame the Sendhangite when they thought that they can get something from the match against Vdara.

However, Vdara, at the top of the group was brimming with confidence too. They were on a 6 match unbeaten run and with Valanora and Yuezhou hot on their trails, they were eager to continue their good form. So it's a match between two sides who have been enjoying their football. But on the night of the match at the Federal Stadium, it was the Vdarans who enjoyed the night as they trashed Sendhang 5-1.

The Sendhangites were completely outclassed in every part of the pitch. The fans were not happy. Objects were thrown into the pitch after the full-time whistle was blown. They were angry at their own players.

Salahudin was down after the match.

"It only takes one match for them to forget months of great performances," said a sad Salahudin in the dressing room after the match.

With a trip to Yuezhou coming up next, the campaign was only going to get harder for the Sendhangites. But with Gyatso-kai just 2 points behind in the table, Sendhang fans were demanding that the players return to winning ways, something that Salahudin perceived as a big pressure on his shoulder.

Huayramarca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Huayramarca » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:05 pm

OOC: This RP has a video in it, please click the "Punishment!" title if you wish to watch it.

Written by: William Cedeño
21/04/1984 – 9:10 P.M.

A window of nightmares that Omar Caicedo and the Condors won’t forget easily, a solid Huayramarcan side during the entire Qualifier suffered a massive defeat away against Squornshelan Remnant States and draw against Otoman Syldavia, both matches away that, combined with other scores such as Tumbra and Eraman winning their own matches, meant that Huayramarca fell from second to fourth in a matchday.

The first paragraph sounds a bit dramatic by the likes of it, but the alarms are notorious if you check the available data of the Huayramarcan National Team in this Qualifier. As of now, the team has received 21 goals against, 7 of those came in one match, let alone the window, a single match; that means that the 7-3 suffered in Squornshelan Remnant States meant a 33% of all the goals scored past Huayramarca during this World Cup Cycle. Checking the stats in depth, between matches 1 and 7, Huayramarca received 7 goals, between matches 8 and 11 the team received another 7 goals.

During press conference of Omar Caicedo prior to the match against Delaclava in Guayaquil, autocriticism was notorious on his speech: “It was a shameful performance the one we had in SRS, I’m the first one in recognize it as we all did terrible mistakes during that match, it’s just something that has haunted me during the last week.”

It’s not outrageous wording from the manager, indeed, it was surprising that a defensively solid team managed to sink that fast, although, one must consider that SRS isn’t a mere rival, it’s a second seeded team and, perhaps, one of the highest second seeds out there with players playing in elite leagues, compared to our players, since only three (3) play in professional leagues. It was an uneven matching since the beginning, but Huayramarca was being capable to hold it as they did in Guayaquil.

Despite the SRSians hit first at the 6th minute, Bryan Tello equalized fast at the 12th minute, then SRS break even at the 19th minute before Tello would equalize again the match for the Condors with a header at the 21st minute. It was being a highly contested match, 2-2 in matter of 21 minutes, a jampacked side-to-side match with the midfield being a key factor for both teams, since Ian Mamani and Hashemi were doing a great job to feed their strikers appropriately. That, lowkey, showed some deficiencies at the middle, as the destroying midfielders weren’t able to stop what the creating midfielders were doing.

The stalemate holds even for the entire second half, Paiva Shimski and Ian Mamani were being heroes for both teams, as both keepers made a flurry of saves after the 25th minute, perhaps Shimski did three and Mamani did four at least. The SRSians were pressing hard in order to recover the lost terrain during the beginning of the World Cup Qualifier, and Huayramarca needed to continue the route they took since the beginning, with solid defensive displays and confidence of their capabilities.

Omar Caicedo’s first mistake is that he didn’t made any substitutions for the first half, a mistake that would’ve camouflaged by an early goal, and hattrick, for Bryan Tello with another header that beat Shimski with some difficulties. Huayramarca’s physical condition went to the floor and nerves were present in the team as the SRSians were wishing to take advantage of it, something they did fast with a hattrick from Kaalia Gerstlauer in matter of 15 minutes (56, 63, 71) that put things 5-3 for the locals. Meanwhile, Omar Caicedo was raging in the managerial zone and made three substitutions, taking away Ian Mamani and Bryan Tello, sacrificing perhaps two of the best players in the match in a desperate attempt to pull to score at least one goal or turn things into a 5-5.

Caicedo’s idea failed horribly, Saul Castillo and Félix Huamán’s incorporation didn’t produced the desired effects in the Huayramarcan squad and the SRSians scored another couple of goals in the 86th and 94th minute to settle the score in a painful 7-3 for the Condors.

Ian Mamani spoke to the press and said “We are aware of the mistakes done, fortunately we weren’t hit harder, hence we still have options to qualify to playoffs or as first placed team in the Group. The upcoming five matches are like World Cup Finals for us, we need to fight every point until the last gasp of energy from our bodies! No matter how difficult would the panorama look like, but we will keep fighting as we have done prior to this window, it’s our responsibility to fix the damages done.”

Huayramarca has to receive Delaclava at the Estadio Metropolitano de Guayas at Guayaquil for an important match, this is prior to take a long haul to Rushmore in order to visit Nephara at The Gauntlet in Treason, Omar Caicedo has some reactions: “This is crunch time, after said defeats, we have worked with the players in severe number of aspects, including the mindset of our team. This is the time to demonstrate if they are real footballers, if the work and experience done and gathered has worked, Delaclava and Nephara are difficult sides and we must respect their hierarchy, especially Nephara, but we have business to do and we want to do it well, we want to do history for our families, for our people, for Huayramarca!”

Population: 36 million, demonym: Huayramarcan, capital city: Chuquiago, languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara + 6

CAFA VII Champions

Nyowani Kitara
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nyowani Kitara » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Malik Akongo, at his desk in Inhalo

Malik Akongo, the President's child turned rebel commander, was sitting at his base in Inhalo. The war, while not particularly moving as fast as he'd have liked, was progressing quite well. They were losing land out towards the border, but overall, everything was going well. Civil Wars, of course, were notoriously tough to win as a rebel commander. You needed to win popular support, have some fighters, probably win while outnumbered against a more professional army, and in the modern times, hope for enough international support to grow your movement.

There had been some momentum behind the KFF internationally, with nations like Yuezhou, Banija, Darmen(albeit with conditions), and Juvencus declaring their support for the KFF. Banija, Yuezhou, and Juvencus, in particular, have been forthcoming about delivering aid. The money had been flowing in, and the KFF had been using it on the black market, to procure weapons. Especially through the lawless land of Farfadillis. Doing basic things like paying soldiers. But also, much better weaponry- fixing tanks and other heavy machinery that they had taken over from the KPWC. Better guns- particularly, machine guns.

That's why they had been able to rapidly advance on land. But they were about to have a game changer. And Malik was about to see that game-changer walk through his door. And as the man walked through, decorated in full military regalia, Malik stood to shake his hand. Some of his advisors had advised against this move. But Malik had to win this war on his own terms. Nephara had declared in full support of the KPWC. There were rumors of Euran Communists and Samebans coming to Nyowani Kitara to volunteer, en masse, for the KPWC. While he didn't know himself, he knew that Ren Qiang had to be involved in Nyowani Kitara somehow.

Admiral Isago Sakaria, former KPWC Politburo member and former Central Military Commission member, walked into the room and shook the hand of Malik Akongo. "Well, Admiral." Malik said. "Congratulations on your disavowal of the Kitara Progressive Worker's Coalition. But can I ask- why should I trust you? Why did you defect?"

"Malik, I must be honest with you." Admiral Isago Sakaria said. "I am scared for the future of this country. Your sister cannot be the one who can hold this country together. She's going to lead it to ruin. She's 19! I'm surprised she's got any sort of support at all. And plus- your message resonates. Us Kitarans need to have our hope restored. As a nation, and also as a group. Restore our culture. Get back in touch with our heritage- if we don't know where we come from, if we do not know our roots, how will we know where we are going? The DFLK are a bunch of Osterlanders and Nordlanders who know nothing of Kitaran culture, and Kitaran people. What kind of future is that? Imagine they change the name of this country?"

"That's what I like to see." Smiled Malik Akongo. "We don't have much going in the form of Naval Forces- we don't have any of the expertise required. But now that you're here- well, that changes things considerably." But then Malik stood up. "They must have known you resigned. We've got to take control of the public narrative here. Our people want you to declare your loyalty on camera. To show that we can trust you, and to win the public relations game. We're going to put you on camera. And you are going to disavow my sister, and the KPWC."

"Kitara shall be free once again." Said the Admiral.

Two days later, the Admiral appeared on television. In an elaborate ceremony that was circulated wide on social media, Admiral Sakaria widely denounced the KPWC, saying that Nafuna Akongo 'was in over her head' and the entire KPWC should step down. Announcing his dramatic resignation from the KPWC and all military positions, he dramatically took the party military medals off of his chest, and burned them, to symbolically represent his severing of ties with the old regime. This was a huge coup for Malik- could he make it count?

To: President Wu Zhongsheng of the United Republics of Yuezhou
Classification: Private

Mr. President,

Your help to fight against the oppressors led by my sister would be greatly appreciated, and we both appreciate and accept this offer. Your people, not long ago, threw off the shackles of Communism, becoming just the latest in this part of Rushmore to have the demands of freedom rise above the ease of oppression. Unfortunately, these struggles cost blood and treasure- but justice is watered by the blood of those who fight for it. And we are fighting for it.

In this modern day and age, wars are simply not fought by just those in a country anymore. We are hoping for strong subregional support in an effort to overthrow the Communists. My sister will dig in with more brutal tactics as we move closer to Dewayo to take over this country, and move it closer to freedom. And with the YPA surely helping, our freedom loving people must stand together to defy the oppressor. Let Nafuna Akongo and my Father before her be remembered only in a confines of a musuem.

From,

Malik Akongo
Commander of the Kitara Freedom Front

TOP-SECRET ANNEX- FOR PRESIDENTIAL EYES ONLY

Mr. President,

There are unconfirmed reports, from my troops, of sightings of YPA soldiers near the front on Nyowani Kitara's eastern border. Like we said- these are unconfirmed. However, if you need our assistance to help investigate that, please, be our guests. Unifying Yuezhou is part of the struggle of all freedom loving people of Rushmore, not limited to NYK or Yuezhou.

From,

Malik Akongo
Commander of the Kitara Freedom Front

One week after the above events, in the waters outside Dewayo

Vice Admiral Stefan Kujabi was sitting on a ship, outside Dewayo. He was the commander of the KRF Navy Southern Fleet- that was tasked to defend Nyowani Kitara's southern borders. Of course, with the losses in the south heavy on the land, this fleet had been decimated. The war, of course, worried him. He was of mixed race- ethnic Kitaran father, ethnic Nordlander mother. In his eyes, either rebel group taking power would be disastrous for the country. But at least being in the Navy, he wasn't worried about fighting- for now.

But everything changed when Admiral Sakaria decided to abandon the party, and join not the DFLK(like many former military officials did), but the KFF- making him the first known General(or equivalent rank) to join Malik Akongo's Kitara Freedom Front from the KRF. The Navy had been in chaos ever since their chief official left like that, simply leaving a resignation letter at his desk and making the trip to Inhalo. Nafuna Akongo, of course, had been furious. With the man a part of the highest organs of the state and party, including the party's Central Military Commission, just up and resigning, everybody was on edge. Basically all high level officials had to do 'loyalty checks' after that- it was clear Nafuna Akongo was shaken to the core.

But all of a sudden, his radar equipment started to go off. This was happening far more often recently- with the Tikariot Navy declaring that they would patrol much of the area, their ships were everywhere. But this was different. He looked at the radar, and saw a lone ship- a battle ship.

"Holy shit!" An aide from the deck yelled into his walkie talkie. "I think that ship's hostile! But why is it by itself??"

The Vice Admiral was running out to the deck. "Just one ship- but hostile? What the hell is it doing? Establish communications, pronto! What if it's a Tikariot ship?" The Vice Admiral said. The aide attempted to establish contact with the ship, but the ship refused. "What the hell flag is that it's flying? Is that a Banijan flag? Those fuckers- we've got to shoot on sight-"

"Nope." His aide interrupted him. "Those are KFF colors." The Vice Admiral stood there, stunned.

"The Admiral left a week ago!" Vice Admiral Kujabi said. "How do they possibly have a Navy so quick-" And then, he interrupted himself. It seemed as if the entire Southern Fleet had been caught flat footed. The KFF was about to fire on Dewayo. And the KFF ship did. The ship did not cause that much damage, simply taking down a lone hotel on the Dewayo beachfront before being taken out itself by the Vice Admiral's fleet.

But the goal wasn't victory- at least not for this. The Vice Admiral knew that Malik Akongo was trying to send a message. A, that he was building himself a Navy. B, that he could reach Dewayo. And C- that he believed he could strike and take the Nyowani Kitara capitol. As the Vice Admiral went to the ship to prepare his report, he knew that he was glad he wasn't on the Central Military Commission himself at this moment. That room would be quite the place tomorrow.

Nafuna Akongo at a KPWC Politburo Meeting

The President was walking with Gustav Isaksson down the hall of the Presidential Palace, to an emergency Politburo Meeting. The war had drastically changed- they were, of course, being continually sieged on all fronts, although they had made progress out east. The stunning news that the Kitara Freedom Front was already getting its Navy up and running, sending ships on what was functionally a suicide mission just to 'send a message', shook Nafuna Akongo to her core.

"What the hell is going on?" The President muttered to Gustav. "How did they get that kind of Naval capacity with just one week of the Admiral being there?" She was asking these questions as her and Gustav were walking.

"I have no idea." Gustav Isaksson replied. "I mean, the Naval Capacity was there- at least a little bit. We did have a Naval base by Inhalo that they took over. We just never assumed they had enough knowledge to actually work those things. NO way they were all trained up in a week- but they must have been trained enough to send one ship. I imagine they can't send anymore though."

"Well, this worries me." Nafuna said. She stopped with Gustav right before she opened the doors to the meeting room. "They keep upping their own military capabilities, that puts us in trouble. Foreigners like to support a winner- what if Nephara or Eura get cold feet if they think we're gonna lose this war? How does this defection make us look in Corvistone and Bastion? We need to change the dynamic." And then, she opened the door. The Politburo, of course, all stood as Rushmore's youngest republican Head of State walked into the room, and then sat as she sat down. "Let's get this started. I need a military update- stat."

A General then started speaking. "Comrades." He began. "The military situation is rough right now. First, let us take a look at this map. Look at the Peninsula that serves as the Northern portion of our western border with Tikariot. We have a small sliver of territory controlled by the KRF. Unfortunately, Tikariot's new announcement puts everything in danger. As we understand it, they are not putting extra patrols out in that area yet- but with Fort Viljan between that peninsula and the mainland, they can do so at any point in time."

"Obviously, we cannot be fighting Tikariot forces." The General said. "But if, at any time, they start to do that- then our forces are trapped. We will not be able to re-supply them, or support them, at sea. The border is militarized on the other side. KRF troops could be trapped. It is a dangerous situation." The room sat there, in silence. "It is my recommendation, to this Politburo and the President, that we abandon that peninsula to the DFLK." The room, of course, was shocked. Nobody liked to lose.

"There is logic here." Gustav Isaksson said. "Think about it like this. Right now, with Tikariot's intentions, we're subject to the whims of their Government. With the World Cup rapidly coming to their country, they of course do not want embarrassment. It is a big deal to cede a second peninsula to the DFLK. It is not good to do so. However, simply abandoning the Peninsula, for now, is the best strategy. Why? That is much preferred to the option of surrender. 'Strategic withdrawal' can be spun to represent strength, rather than weakness."

They all agreed, and President Nafuna Akongo signed off on the policy. Then, the General continued. "The DFLK had made some progress on land. Unfortunately, Karora has officially fallen to the DFLK. Another major city that we could not hold onto. Our forces were getting pounded at sea, and then when they made progress there on land, our Commander in the city had no choice but to surrender." The room, of course, was in silence. Another big city, turned over to Max Ulf and the DFLK. "Our forces are holding out valiantly in the north, controlling a chunk of land south of the Weatherdon border, but they are at heavy risk. With that region being more agricultural, our forces there are expected to be able to hold out."

The General paused, and then continued. "Now, for fighting in the south. Of course, we know that the KFF controls separate territories- one along the eastern border, and their main territory, sprouting from Inhalo. With Sameban fighters and Euran Communists coming into the country, we have made some progress against the KFF. Now, the KFF is making gains from their stronghold- but we successfully fought off a campaign by the KFF to unite their territory on the eastern border, with their territory around Inhalo. We have PRIND to help think for that, as well- PRIND volunteers helped the KRF defeat KFF forces attempting to move West."

"Increased tactics and skill are being shown by KRF forces out east, who are being trained by the YPA men. They were able to make in-roads into KFF controlled territory out east. And then-"

"Wait." Nafuna Akongo. "Why are you avoiding the whole damn reason why we're here in the first place? What about that God Damned Navy?" She yelled. "Since when does the KFF have a Navy? What the hell is going on?"

The General looked at her, and then started speaking. "Well, it does look like they are beginning to get ships operational. We have no idea how many ships they have, if we are to be honest." The General said. "Our record-keeping at the Naval base at Inhalo was... Not great, to say the least." Nafuna simply shook her head, and spat on the ground. After talking about their Naval Forces, she took a look at the map. She saw exactly how much the KFF had continued to expand from their base at Inhalo.

Enough was enough. This war was getting too close for comfort. The DFLK were too well drilled up north. The KFF was making far too much progress down south. The KFF had struck at Dewayo itself with weapons the Government did not think the KFF had. All of it was insane. She had no choice. She made one call to Ren Qiang, telling him that she was inviting Nepharan troops to help stem the tide. She would, of course, do whatever it took to ensure the YPA troops out east were not discovered.

The KRF, of course, while having a numerical advantage, had the disadvantage of fighting on about four fronts at once. The help was needed. She placed the call to the Magravine of Nephara second, and had a simple message- bring your men, and bring them soon- this war was escalating to places that were beyond Nafuna's control. It was always a risk to invite foreign troops into your country. But what choice did she have? The biggest risk was ending up at the end of a hangman's rope because her brother won this war. She was always resolved- it would be Malik that would swing from the gallows, and not her.

Nephara was coming. And Eura, discreetly, would come with them. Was she inviting her saviors into the country- or was she sealing her fate?

(OOC Note: Credit to Astograth for making the Rushmori map, as I simply cropped off of there)
Map Legend
Red- Nyowani Kitara territory Controlled by the Central Government
Pink- Nyowani Kitara territory Controlled by the DFLK
Dark Green- Nyowani Kitara territory Controlled by the KFF
Purple- Tikariot
Dark Blue- Græntfjall
Orange- Weatherdon
Dark Yellow- San Ortelio
Light Yellow- The Kytler Peninsulae
Last edited by Nyowani Kitara on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
English pronunciation- "New Chee-tar-ah"

Le Choix
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Le Choix » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:28 pm

Le Choix:

Lately, the team hasn't been playing well. When they concede goals, they lose; it's hard to win shootouts with this bunch.
Exemptions need to be made though, as they're under a lot of stress. They're trying to escape, and trying to get away from any fallen system takes a lot of work.

Chosen, the country's people are called; however, they don't really have a choice at all. They're trying to reclaim that choice to believe in whatever they want instead of being told what to do.
How will they be able to overcome a government that really knows how to handle the crowd? An infrastructure that is set up in order to help the government in whatever way it could?
One word: Queen. That's all that they have been told from the beginning of this movement. Who this Queen is though? Nobody knows. That's worrisome.
Instilled in every citizen of The Chosen is a fear of the system. The system protects them, but the system also endangers them.
Xtra steps must be taken. And they will be. It's time for change.
Theocratic Isolationist Dictatorship currently residing in Esportiva
Puppet of Chromatika

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:30 pm

Hapilopper 0–2 Poafmersia
Lineup (3-4-3): Jessica Ardens; Ali Berger, Hollis Stephenson, Huangdi MacRae; Dargis Walshor, Nero Wood, Woden Sweet, Whitney Rios; Aleka Dufour, Makana Tuft, Iulianus Innocenti
Substitutes: Kirsti Nieminen (Dufour 70')
Goalscorers: Makana Tuft 27' (assisted by Wood); Iulianus Innocenti 69' (assisted by Rios)

Siovanija and Teusland 4–2 Poafmersia
Lineup (3-4-3): Nicole Potts; Nasri Sanchez, Simone Gori, Hollis Stephenson; Dargis Walshor, Nero Wood, Woden Sweet, Whitney Rios; Aleka Dufour, Makana Tuft, Iulianus Innocenti
Substitutes: Jordan Huerta (Dufour 72'); Magreta Rym (Sweet 84'); Michael Jackson (Wood 84')
Goalscorers: Makana Tuft 37' (assisted by Innocenti), 79'

Poafmersia 1–0 The Sarian
Lineup (4-3-3): Nicole Potts; Mitchel Rosales, Nasri Sanchez, Simone Gori, Natalia Abbott; Nero Wood, Woden Sweet, Michael Jackson; Joel Haodao, Makana Tuft, Whitney Rios
Substitutes: Magreta Rym (Wood 63'); Min Berg (Sweet 75'); Jordan Huerta (Tuft 85')
Goalscorers: Whitney Rios 11'

Yasquia 0–4 Poafmersia
Lineup (4-3-3): Nicole Potts; Mitchel Rosales, Hollis Stephenson, Simone Gori, Natalia Abbott; Arnold Shwentin, Woden Sweet, Michael Jackson; Joel Haodao, Jordan Huerta, Whitney Rios
Substitutes: Shirou Amatore (Potts 63'); Ariel Casey (Rosales 78'); Rojas (Abbott 86')
Goalscorers: Joel Haodao 6', 38' (assisted by Rios), 79'; Whitney Rios 57' (assisted by Jackson)

Chapter 2 Part 1

The Musical Bridge
Chapter 2: Citizen Reactions
Part 2

The show producers started to release the introductory vid eos immediately after the initial announcement of the trainee list. It was a long list of trainees, given that the show is supposed to have 142 members as a whole. When the namelist was released, the trainees was just 3 weeks into the training. And with the show not being expected to broadcast its first episode for the next 2 months, the starting of the release of trainee information will merely act as a dangling carrot to encourage people to follow the show.

Not everyone is happy about the way it is done, to be honest. There are quite a bit of citizens who are waiting for the show to begin, but some solo fans are feeling exhausted waiting for snippets of their one-pick in the show, training etc. Which is why they are extremely eager for the show to start. Then there is that group of people who doesn't have any picks yet, and they are waiting for the show to start to know who will be their one pick. The previews, people introductions help a bit, but some people would prefer to look at audition performances, because, well, ability in a girl group is important.

Up till now there are 5 names that are floating out. Extremely popular from early pre-voting polls. Based on video viewership, amount of Chirps on Chirper, and the number of followers these people have on various social media platforms. One has to be Janie Lindsay, who suddenly found herself propelled to 3rd place in the polls, with her videos starting to gain the viewership she has been missing for the past 1-2 years. Other members including Pamella Stephenson, an established singer who decided to throw herself into the race; Jolline Yatsin, an actress who begun her acting career at the age of 11; as well as Yandi Hollsom and Wendy Phinx, two newcomers who doesn't have a lot of background to share. In fact, most of the 142 members don't have lots of background in singing, dancing, or in the entertainment industry. Which is why the show would definitely be interesting.
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Tikariot
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tikariot » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Tikariot - Rushmore - Trigramme: TKT
Sporting achievements:
Football: Ro16 (and group winner) WC87 | Winner - IFC 1 | Quarter final - BoF 73 | 3rd in group WCQ86
Baseball: Winner - International Baseball Slam XI | Round of 16 - World Baseball Classic 49/50/51
Hosting: IBS XII, Copa Rushmori 36, WBC 51, World Cup 89
NS Sports Miniflags

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:05 pm

I would have inveneted more sources for it to not look like "hey,we've just made it up all of it ourselves",but I'm quite tired and sleepy and not really into reworking into all of this again tomorrow.Sorry.

Natanians and Nosts' Journal of Biology - General and Compared

On a boy who has a disrupted and interrupted biological time-progressing process

Ionescu, M.C.¹; Petrescu, R.C.²; Mihailescu ,R.A.²; Ionescu, E.A.¹; Torjenescu, N.A.³; Torje, N.N.³; Silva, N.I.⁴; Santos, I.N.⁴; Petrescu, M;I.⁵; Gomes, X.A.⁵; Méndez, A.A.⁵; Menéndez, P.T.⁵; Ionescu, P.P.⁶,⁷; Mihailescu, M.I.⁶,⁷; Ionescu, M.A.⁸
¹Department of Biological Sciences, Natanians and Nosts Scientific University
²Institute of Physics, Natanians and Nosts Scientific University
³Department of Physics, Natanians and Nosts Palæontological-Centered Research University
⁴Department of Biophysics, Natanians and Nosts Scientific University
⁵Biology Institute, Sextíliu José Marques Universit
⁶Department of Medicine, Natanians and Nosts Scientific University
⁷Universitary Hospital of Natanians and Nosts Scientific University, Natanians and Nosts Scientific University
⁸Department of Physical, Biological and Cultural Anthropology, Natanians and Nosts Scientific University

ABSTRACT

There are various accounts and reports of un-aging human beings,or at least slowed down to some point and mayBe even explored.
Through some techniques,a tentative was made at studying one of these.

INTRODUCTION

Across the multiverse,legends and stories have been heard abou the possibility of such beings,althou this specific one,was somewhat well-known in academic fields and regarded as beign either possibli spoof or having an unusually high number of doppelgängern.
This paper studies an anonymous boy (11 years-old) who wanders by places.For privacy reasons and standard ethical procedure,the subject's identity is kept secret.
Various techniques and methods were use to try to identify any possible anomaly or disease,and if such thing was even possible,and whether it was understood (through the limited time-frame of this study) or if it was one of the things God knows about but humans either don't or (still) do not have the capacity to understand.

OBJECTIVES

General objective:Study a specific organism who has weird temporal characteristics.
Specific objectives:-Determine the causes,if these are possible.
-Timeline and chronology shenanigans

MATERIAL AND METHODS
MATERIAL

The subject is a masculine Homo sapiens sapiens L. 1758 purpotedly believed to be 11 years old (some claims of it being 10,and there are reports of beign ten,then eleven,then ten again,then for a second time,eleven again;this study presupposes the subject to be eleven,having turned it only once,generally being chronologically equivalent to be the first eleven of the 2x10-2x11 hypothesis and being not relatively generally compatible with the ever-10 hypothesis).The subject is originary of a distant and longique region of the world multiverse,lives with is mother,although hypothesized,no known siblings exist,no direct contact was made between the equip and the mother.
The subject's father is unknown and the subject refused to supply information about him.
He was accompanied by an electric ochotonid (LAGOMORPHA, OCHOTONIDAE) and some other living beings,some of which unknown by our team.The unknown living beings were not formely described by the impossibility of turning them into holotypes,but there are some data collected.
The subject appeared to be of slightly above average height for his age,and presented normal weight.The subject's head was somewhat circly with weird unexpected angles.

METHODS

The sub-atomic aging analysis was done using the methodology as described in Smith, 2010 with the use of the software x-sub-Atom-age-time-space-splicing v.1.2.3.10.0.5.¹⁴C analysis was made using the standard methodology.
Using the standard methods,were made various analysis of different isotopes of Uranium,Thorium,Nitrogen,Oxygen,Argon,Hydrogen,Copernicium,Nihonium,Technetium,Francium,Radium and Iodine;different radiation analysis were also observed.A urine sample was collected and results were not finished until the writing of this paper.
Several statistics analysis were performed using the suttattusu package of the ラ行 programming language.

ETHICS COMMITTEE

This research was done in compliance of the Ethics Committee of Natanians and Nosts Scientific University.Process no. 1093-1093-777-525-555-635-777-89-6979-79-49-777-abcd-12345-777-xNTI-000.

RESULTS

The sub-atomic aging analysis returned inconclusive,with a possible indication of significant anomaly (n=1093,x=10,X=10,X'=20,χ=0.00001,m=711,ρ=d,σ=(4*20)+19,y=4000,α=(60)+10,α²=373,α³=773,ι=d10,λ=lppl,κ=1p*10e^-1=500000000,kkk'=555',kkk=lol,ak=47,ak+=74,a>8000,mn=1093),although it presented a high uncertainty (p=unown,P=Unown,t=2,Y=20,cr+i*me420,n₂=69,c=?*unknown;also indicated by x=10,X-10,X'=20).
All isotopes were found to be in normal amount.Radiation was unexpectedly anomalous (Martínez-Gómez-Johnes normality of stuff test:χ³=3.09438,df=10,p-value < 0.0001,α⁴ < 0.000000001),but wich one and the exact sources,or even how,is still unclear.
The subject objected to any kind of tests upon the electric ochotonid.

DISCUSSION

The high uncertainty of the radioactivty analysis forbids the tentative of ascribing some value into it,even letting no way to know if said subject is dangerous in the long run or not.
The current state-of-the-art theories postulate the subject to be unaging,or at least having Bose-Einsten condensed its growth and aging.It is important to note,however that the subject does indeed mantain homeostasis and metabolises.The subject presents not abnormal cardiac and mental functions,besides the sub-atomic aging analysis being high-uncertainty,it showed possible significant anomaly,which could corroborate that the subject indeed does ange,but it has been Bose-Einstein condensated,or even that the aging in the subject is unique,highly uncommon in what's currently described and at an extremely slow speed.It is of note to remember,however,that such thinkings are not solidly funded since the sub-atomic aging analysis showed itself to be inconclusive,and the possible indication of any anomaly of some sort was presented as of being of high uncertainty.
Although certain aspects of chronology have been noted for sure,much speculation remains and this study finds it possibly non-concurrent with the greater understanding of the timeline(s).The authors further postulate a position:it may not be possible,as of now,with our current knowledge,to state any concluding piece about time;although it seems pretty obvious that some things might have been mishandled or even ignored;the current hypothesis have differing merits and possibly methods;subsequent researches need to be done with caution and intent.

CONCLUSION

There is no definitive answer about the subjects' disrupted biological timey-whimey processes and stuff.More and further investigation needs and oughts to be done.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

The authors declare no competing interest besides the wish to advance science.

DECLARATION OF FUNDING

This study was funded by The government of Natanians and Nosts,Natanians and Nosts Scientific University and Natanians and Nosts Palæontological-Centered Research University.Additional funding was provided by the researchers.
The travelling funds of the boy are of an unknown source to the scientific team.

ETHICS COMMITTEE

This research was done in compliance of the Ethics Committee of Natanians and Nosts Scientific University.Process no. 1093-1093-777-525-555-635-777-89-6979-79-49-777-abcd-12345-777-xNTI-000.

REFERENCES

RGDT ラ行 Puroguramingu gengo J. Pro. L. E. & wwtp
Smith, R. On a Methodology for Sub-Atomic Aging Analysis and Similar Processes, With Some Potential Case Studies Involved MULT. JOURN. PHY. 2010
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:29 am

Northwest Kalactin 0 - 3 Tumbra

TMB (4-2-3-1): 13 - Nick Barker; 2 - Ryan Hughes, 36 - Stephen Kerr, 5 - Harry Henderson, 19 - Russell White (37 - Mike Sheppard, 64'); 40 - Trudy Harrison, 15 - Alan Morgan (8 - Craig McGrath, 81'), 10 - Phil Cole; 17 - George Hilton, 9 - Robin Vaughn (21 - Lynne Crossley, 73'), 44 - Nigel Erskine

TMB scorers: Nigel Erskine (40', 65', 80')

Player of the Match: Nigel Erskine (TMB)
Tumbra 1 - 0 Ochre Islands

TMB (4-2-3-1): 13 - Nick Barker; 2 - Ryan Hughes (18 - Jacob Keene, 66'), 36 - Stephen Kerr, 5 - Harry Henderson, 19 - Russell White; 40 - Trudy Harrison, 15 - Alan Morgan, 10 - Phil Cole; 17 - George Hilton, 9 - Robin Vaughn (21 - Lynne Crossley, 79'), 44 - Nigel Erskine (22 - Nick Riordan, 83')

TMB scorers: Phil Cole (18')

Player of the Match: Stephen Kerr (TMB)

Straton
Barker Building (Cabinet Office)
Tuesday, 2:15pm

"So that’s it for today, then, I think. We’ve settled on five names to replace the departed outer Cabinet members. Eric, I’ll trust you to inform the five of them that they’ll be ascending to the Outer Cabinet accordingly, et cetera,” came the voice at the middle of the table. “Hopefully they’ll be more loyal than the previous bunch. Impertinent scallywags.”

Sitting next to the man talking, Eric Cooper-Jones, deputy Prime Minister of Tumbra, nodded. When he accepted the job he hadn’t expected how much of it really was just being the Prime Minister’s personal assistant. Doing things for him here, running errands there, talking to this Premier, and that Lt. Governor...the Prime Minister had a Minister for the Cabinet Office, but even then it seemed like that role was reserved for more important tasks, for some reason.

“Yes, Prime Minister.”

“Natalie, there hasn’t been much reaction from the greater world on the Northlands, has there?”

Natalie Stern, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, cleared her throat and began reading from a piece of paper. “The Omericans registered a complaint with the President a while back, Prime Minister. But it seems like they’re the lone voice of opposition so far. Well, apart from those who voted no.”

“Hmm. Omerica, eh? Could be interesting. Should call up Courtenay soon. Have a word with him, tell him that what we’re doing is perfectly in line with international law, and all that. And the rest of the EU? Damukuni?”

“Their Congress Party’s been quiet so far, though I think they’re looking to do something.” The Prime Minister raised his eyebrow. “Not in our favour, though. Though I’m not sure whether they intend to make good on their vaguely-crafted statements.”

“If they do say anything, I’m sure we’ll know.”

“If anything, Prime Minister, the Nyowani Kitara situation’s been providing useful cover for us to proceed relatively unencumbered. If anything, we should increase our presence there before the spotlight of the world turns to us.”

“Thank god for Nyowani Kitara, eh?” Kenneth Everett, the Prime Minister of Tumbra, began laughing. It was a deep, guttural laugh, one that echoed around the maroon-walled room and encouraged several other Cabinet ministers to laugh, as well. “Michael, how’re we doing on that front? Any onus to increase military presence up north?” He turned to Michael Kirkland, the Minister of Defence. A straight-laced, grey haired man in a grey suit responded; he didn’t need to look at his briefing notes to answer the Prime Minister.

“Well, Prime Minister, we’ve got two thousand men advancing north from the southern border, and then we’ve got three missile cruisers escorting the two container ships. It’s a complicated affair, this is, and we’re having to import almost everything. Building materials to construction crews.”

“And the locals?”

“No contact or skirmishes yet. The Advance Party made landfall the day after the vote, they’ve got a small military base set up already.”

“They’ll stay out of the way if they’re smart enough.”

“Not sure how they’ll react to the news that we’re finally moving in on them.”

“If I may, Prime Minister,” another woman began speaking. “In Franport and Ridgewell, where we’ve got the highest Northlander population, there have been protests against the expansion.” Joanne Lorcan, the Minister for Home Affairs, began.

“Nothing too serious, though?”

“No, the protests have been peaceful so far.”

“Elizabeth Jones say anything?”

“Nothing officially. She’s looking to you, Prime Minister, for advice.”

Kenneth Everett pondered things over for a while, wrinkles appearing on his face as he considered what to say next.

“Any reports of Northlanders at the protests? Or are they just Tumbrans white-knighting for them?”

“A mix, she says. Ridgewell PD’s got their hands full for the past few weekends. She can’t say anything, of course; her coalition partners are the Moderates and the Greens.”

“Liz’s situation isn’t the best. Encourage her to say nothing. Or words to that effect.” He turned back to Natalie Stern. “What are we doing with regards to Kitara?”

“Well, Prime Minister, the EU released that statement a bit ago stating we’d remain neutral. To do anything contravening that would kill the EU’s legitimacy. One of its founding members, ignoring a statement released by it!”

“Bullshit. Can’t sit here and do nothing. Things are heating up there.”

“Well, we’ve got three options. Nafuna Akongo, the daughter of Boaz. Head of the KPWC.”

“No.”

“She’s supported by Nephara.”

“Like I give a damn about what Corvistone thinks.”

“Malik, son of Boaz, head of the Kitaran Freedom Front.”

“Has he promised democracy?”

“Yes, but…”

“One of those kinds of freedom fighters, huh? How far right are we talking? Lindner, Spalko or Corvidae? Given that Spalko’s come out waving the KFF’s flag I’d assume they’re somewhere near the Conservatives.”

“Their entire identity seems to be predicated on not being Nafuna.”

“Jealousy?”

“Well, there’s always going to be a hint of that, isn’t there? Papa didn’t choose me, the party boy, to head his personal fiefdom, and I’m really mad about it and am going to throw a tantrum.

Everett laughed. “I think this is a matter for the Inner Cabinet. Eric, Natalie, William, Michael, Chris, Tai, you six stay. I don’t want to hold the rest of you for too long; I hear there are croissants down below, and they’re particularly crispy today.”

The ministers filed out of the room, mumbling and making small talk as they went. The double-oak doors of the Cabinet Room closed soon after, leaving just Kenneth Everett’s inner council. Eric Cooper-Jones, the Deputy Prime Minister. Natalie Stern, the Foreign Minister, William Stern, Natalie’s cousin, the Finance Minister. Michael Kirkland, Defence; and then there was Christopher Raleigh, Leader of the House, and Tai Diaz, the ever-flamboyant Chief Whip.

“I’m not entirely comfortable throwing our support behind the KFF,” began Kenneth, in a deeper, more intimate tone of voice. “I don’t trust Malik Akongo, not one bit.”

“They’re better than the KPWC, at least.”

“Oh, definitely. The reaction they gave us when those two handball players decided to defect gave me one hell of a headache. After that point any chance of us supporting them basically died. But replacing one dictator with another isn’t my preferred course of action, Natalie. The place is stuck between two axes of extremism, and I don’t want to have to choose between either.”

“There is a third front, Kenneth,” Natalie said matter-of-factly.

“Let’s hear them.”

“Max Ulf, mayor of Port Viljan and leader of the DFLK.”

“Ulf...I’m assuming he’s not Kitaran.”

“Correct.”

“And what does he want?”

“To win.”

“Nothing more than that?”

“He’s an enigma. He’s also in need of allies. And recognition.”

“We could...fund him. A breakaway state. In the North. Bring some modicum of stability to the region.”

“And turn the conflict from an ideology-based one to a race-based one.”

“They’ll ignore Ulf. And he’s winning. The two siblings are at each other’s throats, who gives a shit about some white guy in the north? If we can boost him to gain international legitimacy, and if we can get him to say the right things about democracy and human rights and that nonsense, then maybe he’ll become the solution to all of this. A new Kitaran Republic, free of the Akongos. At worst we contain the conflict to the south; at best we gain an ally in the region”

“You don’t like them, do you?”

“One’s way in over their head, about to continue the ways of her bloodthirsty father, and the other’s a party boy with zero knowledge of how to run a country. It’s a failed state, Natalie.”

“And you think the best course of action is to hive off the parts of the state that are still functioning?”

“Hey, we need an inroads in that area. Plus, Ulf will be beholden to us if this pays off. We’ll have to interview him first, of course, make sure he actually knows what he’s doing and he’s not some kind of secret tyrant. If we can work with him, we’ll boost his reputation through the roof, promote him as the solution to the crisis, and then we’ll see how we can throw the EU’s support behind him.”

“We could always stay neutral and focus on the home front. If we’re discovered…” piped up Eric.

“Oh, Eric, you worry too much. We’ll run the funds through the wash, make sure they can’t be traced back to us. We’ll make sure they won’t be using our guns, either. And we won’t be sending any men in.”

“Are you implying…”

“Our friend in Anaia. Chancellor Kurt Baumann.”

“And what if we’re discovered?”

“Parliament won’t suspect a thing. Too caught up in trying to ensure the freedom of some people who probably don’t even know how to wash their hands.” He stood up. “Thank god for the Northlands, eh?”

ERAMAN vs TUMBRA and TUMBRA vs HUAYAMARCA - WORLD CUP 89 QUALIFYING

Starters: 1 - John Lennon; 2 - Ryan Hughes, 4 - Ian Ashburn, 5 - Harry Henderson, 19 - Russell White; 6 - Vincent Hicks, 15 - Alan Morgan, 10 - Phil Cole; 17 - George Hilton, 9 - Robin Vaughn, 22 - Nick Riordan

Bench: 13 - Nick Barker; 18 - Jacob Keene, 14 - Louis Paterson, 36 - Stephen Kerr, 3 - Chris Carter; 40 - Trudy Harrison, 8 - Craig McGrath, 38 - Leo Hooper; 7 - Neil Fraser, 21 - Lynne Crossley; 11 - Marcus Sheldon, 44 - Nigel Erskine
Last edited by Tumbra on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:42 am

Eraman 1 - 1 Nephara
(4-2-3-1 -> 4-4-2) 1 - Provost; 2 - Stride, 5 - Clevinger, 22 - Bruhn, 3 - Lind; 4 - Timekeeper (15 - Belltower 85'), 8 - Cromwell; 13 - Reed (23 - Mrdja 76'), 7 - Koerner (10 - Lovelace 71'), 11 - Considine; 21 - Basilisk
Goal: Basilisk 24'
SEAT MAP
Current > Projected

PRO-INTERVENTION:

258 > 246

NATIONALS
Ulrica Lindt

208 > 207

ALLIANCE
Lars Conder

46 > 32

SOLIDARITY!
Jasmine Farrier

4 > 7

ANTI-INTERVENTION:
217 > 229

PRO DEMS
Nadia Crowell

177 > 187

MOVING FORWARD
Kurtis Meade

25 > 29

RETURNERS
Alexandru Garner

11 > 10

VIOLETS
Maxi Harker

2 > 1

INDEPENDENTS
2 > 2

The National Assembly had become a brutal, ugly sparring ground. Both sides, now, were determined to clamp the other around the ankle and drag them to the floor.
There had been many faces over the course of Question Time, the hour where government ministers had to open themselves to all-comers. Lars Conder had had his credibility shredded under a withering flurry of abuse from Nadia Crowell. It was... difficult to try and mount a comeback when you had to process both her flurry of gestures and her man to the side. He'd retreated back, legs shaking somewhat.
Now he watched his phone, covertly, as Minister for Defence Clara Stern took her turn from her shadow counterpart, Petrarch Yearling.
Watched. Waited.
It was transparent it hadn't really been Conder's fight. He was taking a beating in the polls. Crowell was like a fox in the hen-house. But Stern could stand up to the scrutiny. This was her fight, her project, and she was willing to back it.
Yearling paced with sweeping movements, never taking his eyes off the prize. "Would the Representative for Sefton explain Nephara's stake in this fight?" He had a slightly nasal voice with the same softly ear-splitting quality as a mosquito's buzz.
Stern stood strong, an oak tree in a flood. "Neutrality was never an option."
Yearling laughed at some little victory. "Neutrality evidently seems to be an option, judging by our stranded forces. Can the Representative for Sefton even guarantee that we're wanted in this far-flung battleground?" He turned to appeal to his backbench. "Or is the little Queen herself hostage to the Margravine's ego-trip?"

Lindt waited. She knew Question Time would be brutal. She also knew it wasn't her responsibility. The Margravine ascended beyond the National Assembly, relying on a trusted second to take her place and represent her constituency.
She used to be in her element, there, scrapping in the trenches. A relentless terrier. Hm. Those had been the days. Being in opposition, it turned out, was easy. Not that she was balking. She liked the power. She liked having a phone that rang.
And as if reading her mind...
She picked up the phone, set it to her ear. "You have the Margravine."
And then she listened, for some time.
A fist-pump was undignified, particularly when thousands were about to die, but this was her private office, and you had to indulge yourself somewhere. "Of course, Madam President. We will scatter and break all who stand between us and a free Kitara."
Was 'us' too much, she wondered, as she hung up the phone? No matter. She asked her secretary to connect her to the Grand Marshal.

Yearling leaned forward. "Would the Representative for Sefton furnish me with her thoughts on the KPWC's recent reverses in Karora and on the coast?"
Stern pounced. "Gladly." Yearling bit his lip. He'd overextended. Now it was Stern's time to lean forward, both hands on the hard wooden desk. "Though I confess to some confusion that the Representative for Neugate has not kept abreast of the news. I'd bring his attention to the recent news that the KFF have resorted to desperate suicide strikes, conducting shore bombardments on civilians. I'd bring his attention to the hotel they decided to smash down in a show of strength. Yes, the KPWC has buckled under recent assaults on two fronts, but is that not only further incentive to break down the door and lend our strength to the cause of stability? What would happen, do you think, when the Little Prince seeks power?"
"Nothing worse than before, I'd wager," sniffed Yearling.
"Nafuna has committed atrocities, I'm not blind to that. Malik would commit his own. So would Ulf, if given support."
"You present a bleak map of choices. Because, I think, you have locked us into a path of war--"
"There was only this path!" Stern smashed her fist on the table, and ministers from either side rose.
"You failed to explore--"
"There were no other options." Stern was not a conventional orator. But she was a very good shouter. She turned to her own backbench. "How long would the Progressive Democrats have us negotiate while Kitarans die in droves?"
The Speaker called for order, went ignored, and eyed the ceremonial-but-still-extremely-heavy mace behind him...

Larchwood tapped her temple with her knuckles, eyes still set on the phone Thorpe had given her. She'd taken quickly to the military, in many aspects. Drills? Fine. Rules? Fine. But the hurry-up-and-wait bullshit...
She'd worked 'round the clock, missed sleep, drank an industrial amount of coffee and skipped out on calls home just to get all the shit organised, but the diplomatic corps hadn't done its job. Far as she was concerned, Rose should've put a bloody gun to Nafuna's head--
She perked up at the sound of footsteps, moving fast. The door swung open.
"Ma'am--" began her adjutant, but Larchwood was already sweeping the other way, a travel satchel slung over one arm.
"It's time, is it?"
The adjutant, Dietmar Gyretide, hustled to keep up. "The Butcher gave the word. That Lindt gave her the word, that the Queenling, uh, gave her the word."
"And everything is ready?"
"There's about time for a speech. The men are mustering. Uh, not enough of a rush you need to walk so--"
"Hang the fucking speech! They know what's expected of them."
They made it together to the hangar. There was hustle and bustle all around, but by and large, when Larchwood appeared, she attracted eyes. Would this be the night, they wondered?
The Brigadier took her traditional stage, the hood of the nearest truck, and didn't bother to wait for attention. Her soldiers were hot, bored and getting their worth of their malaria vaccines. "Everyone listening? I'm only gonna say this shit once. Tonight's the night." She cast her eyes around the group. Tsk. She didn't want a big speech, but the lads seemed to expect it. Even some of the Eurans were watching, curious. "I'm not gonna fuck around with you. It's likely not all of us will make it back home. I've heard people saying it's gonna be easy, and sure, if you put all of our guys and all the KFF's guys into a field and had 'em go at each other, we'd come out standing. War over here, this was the easy part. Kill any cunt in the wrong uniform. Stand by your mates. Take land. War over there? Ain't no fucking soldiering I've seen in Kitara, just murder on an industrial fucking scale."
The crowd was silent, now, as Larchwood looked into hard, cold eyes. "We're gonna be working with the KPWC. They're hard psychotic bastards every bit as bad to the bone as the guys we'll be fighting. I'm telling you now to accept no compromise. We are not them. They want to kill unarmed men, political enemies, prisoners, you fucking move in there and stop them, and if there's no witnesses you do what you fucking have to. Even in the old days, we hanged our murderers and looters. Remember: you aren't there for the cunt with the sawn-off. You sure as fuck are not there for the fat-cat party loyalist. You are there for the common man, not that they'll thank you for it. Not that you can trust them, either."
"We leave in four minutes," Gyretide said, quietly.
"I'm telling you the situation is a fucked one, and that's just the way of it. Worrying if we're right or wrong to be there? Drop it! You will be there, and you will make what difference you can. Whosoever stands in our way will be destroyed, that's the long and short of it, the thing and the whole of the thing. Whatever is left will be the new Kitara. And you will fly home to your families. Make sure you can tell 'em you walked in, carrying the tools of fire and death in your hands, and somehow walked out of a better place for it. And if you can't do that... at least tell 'em you did right by your country and your mates." Larchwood took a deep breath. "Good luck."
She hopped down off the truck as the crew dispersed.
"Thought you didn't do speeches?" Gyretide asked innocently.
"I don't."
"Will Lindt be happy with, uh, a blank fucking cheque to frag our allies?"
Larchwood paused, and gave Gyretide a long look. "The day the KPWC are our fucking allies is the day I cut off this flag-patch."
The Brigadier clambered into the first craft, but Gyretide lingered on the threshold. He took one last look back at the assembled planes, packed in terribly close formation, with marchers swarming all around them like ants. The sight of the great sky-fleet brought to mind an old poem. "Giants and the Genii, multiplex of wing and eye," he murmured. "Whose strong obedience broke the sky..."

Conder mopped his brow. It seemed everyone around him was on their feet. Did nobody tire of shouting?
"Order! Order! The Representative for Sefton will refrain from--"
"Is peace," shouted Yearling desperately, "not worth striving for?"
"It would be a false peace." Stern turned back to Yearling. "The two scions of Akongo loathe one another. Even if-- even if!"
"Order!"
"Even if we were to secure a ceasefire," Stern bellowed easily over the tumult, "it would lead to three re-organised, highly militarised and highly motivated groups. You would have us try and hold an election in this environment? You would have the KFF send more suicide bombers into queues of peaceful civilian voters--"
As the tumult reached a fever pitch, Conder's hand buzzed. He looked down, breathless, unable to put it off.
The writing was there, clear in his hand.
PRINCESS IS GREEN-LIGHT
CROWBAR IS GO

NEPHARAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 9
Goalkeepers:
1 - Tanith Arrowsmith (Chenoworth Harriers), 12 - Raluca Garamond (Sabrefell Athletic), 20 - Fasolt Senninger (AFC Treason)
Defenders: 2 - Syrene Fischer (Crisisbless), 3 - Radeka Lind (Jinja City FC, BNJ), 5 - Gawain Warden (Marinos Metropolis, VLD), 6 - Miska Brabanzon (Sabrefell Moths), 17 - Pristina Soeringer (Stein-los Turkish, PAS), 18 - Tanya Islinger (Vermillion Rage), 22 - Shosanna Bruhn (Soldarian FC, VAL)
Midfielders: 4 - Rook Timekeeper (Sabrefell Moths), 7 - Lindse Kvasina (Sabrefell Athletic), 8 - Tasha Sauber (Stahlburg City), 11 - Isolde Reader (Myana), 13 - Severine Reed (Raynor City United, VAL), 14 - Thalassa Fletcher (La Nueva Avenida, FFD), 15 - Sonya Belltower (Sabrefell Athletic), 16 - Pernille Brand (Brinemouth), 19 - Ysabet Belgrade (Sabrefell Moths), 23 - Traudl Mrdja (Partisan Sjoedrhavn, SVJ)
Forwards: 9 - Ruby Gjasula (Bastion, EUR), 10 - Bastet North (Jungle Strike, VIL), 21 - Bravura Harper (Ulsa, EUR)

SCHEDULE
Nephara 3 - 0 Martune (320) @ Phoenix Rise (Corvistone)
Tumbra (73) 0 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 0 - 3 NW Kalactin (119) @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Ochre Islands (234) 1 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 5
- 2 Eraman (85) @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Huayramarca (54) 2 - 1 Nephara
Nephara 5 - 3 Ottoman Syldavia (UR)
Delaclava (154) 3 - 5 Nephara
Nephara 3
- 1 Confederacy SRS (26) @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Martune (320) 1 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 1
- 0 Tumbra (73)
NW Kalactin (119) 0 - 1 Nephara
Nephara 3
- 0 Ochre Islands (234) @ Phoenix Rise (Corvistone)
Eraman (85) vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Huayramarca (54) @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Ottoman Syldavia (UR) vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Delaclava (154) @ Eagle's Club (Brinemouth)
Confederacy SRS (26) vs. Nephara
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:11 am

The Daily Newsmaker
Three Matches to Go!

The World Cup 89 group stages are coming to an end within a few days and people are staying tuned towards their Television on whether Indusse would do some miracle and qualify for the World Cup playoffs. Fifteen matches were completed and Indusse is fourth in the group with twenty-six points just behind Starblaydia, Independent Athletes from Quebec and Chartistan. In the last matches, Indusse crushed the national team of Reçueçn for a score of six against three. In the first half, Indusse had drawn against the Reçueçn National Team and in the pre-match meet with the media, the manager mentioned that the match would be one of the hardest. Due to god's grace, the team easily defeated Reçueçn and advanced to the next obstacle. In that match, Mersiás (7', 69' and 88') rose like a superstar scoring a hattrick against the Reçeucians with a quality assist by Grundjee and Baskar. Bechun (15', 61') scored another two goals supporting Mersias in keeping a strong lead. The Final Goal was scored by Baskar in the eighty-ninth minute just after Mersias scoring their hattrick.

Indusse 6-3 Reçueçn

Indussean: Bechun (15', 61') , Mersias (7', 69' and 88') , Baskar (89')

The First Match was against Independent Athletes from Quebec who defeated Indusseans by a score of four against three. In the first half, Indusse had lost against IAQ for a score of five against four. "That was So Close! Quebec has always been a worthy Opponent" replied Baskar Kumar after the match. The match started with The Grim Reapers scoring their first goal in the seventh minute. Fabrice Manitopyes scored the goal from a volley. The Lead didn't last long, in the seventeenth minute Baskar Kumar was tackled in the penalty box and the referee called for a Penalty. Baskar took the kick and the good old captain never failed in the challenge by the twenty-five-year-old goalkeeper Jang Hyo-Sook. Grundjee scored the team's second goal in the thirty-fifth minute from an assist by Mersiás sending the team to end the first half with a single goal lead. When the match resumed after halftime, Quebecois player Enrico Hanson-Conavacio helped their team to get back in the game from a goal scored by assist by Zinaida Woodcarver. Hazel Hanson-Conavacio, the known sibling of Enrico gave them a boosted lead in the sixtieth minute from an assist by Arsene-Michael Litt. Indussean young hero, Mersiás came for the rescue by scoring a bicycle-kick goal in the eighty-third minute sending the crowd shouting with Joy. The Whole Fanbase was cheering for Mersiás with Joy but Enrico Hanson-Conavacio became the villain of the match for the indusseans. Enrico scored a goal in the eighty-ninth minute sending the indussean fan base to silence. Indusse tried hard to at least get an equalizer but Alas! Margaret was with the Quebecois.

Independent Athletes from Quebec 4-3 Indusse

Quebecois: Hazel Hanson-Conavacio (assist - Arsene-Michael Litt) - Enrico Hanson-Conavacio (assist -Zinaida Woodcarver) - Fabrice Manitopyes - Enrico Hanson-Conavacio (assist - Arsene-Michael Litt)

Indussean:Mersiás (Assist: Baskar), Grundjee (Assist - Mersiás) and Baskar (Assist- Bechun)
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:16 am

Princess Kate (naked) with Aidra Nene (naked) of Naked News Jeruselem at Dazza Dallas Stadium ...

Kate: Hello, I'm Princess Katherine for Naked News Jeruselem! We're back home at Dazza Dallas Stadium for another home game. With me is Aidra Nene who's been following the team on their adventures here and overseas.
Aidra: Hello everyone!
Kate: I was planning for us to be wearing rabbit ears except I left them at the studio
Aidra: Oh well ...
Kate: It's match day 15 of qualification ... means three games left to play. And already after match day 15, teams are being eliminated everywhere.
Aidra: I guess it's come to the pointy end where we see who makes the finals direct or have to go playoffs.

Kate: I would prefer to avoid a playoff of any kind
Aidra: Well, drama with the two recent rounds in Group 17 would you say?
Kate: Yes, and we're not complaining about recent results for ourselves.
Aidra: Well match day 14 setup an interesting scenario for 15. Commonwealth of Baker Park once again, just fell over losing to visiting Sanjur 1-0. Sanjur beat us 1-0 at home as well.
Kate: Well I guess Sanjur did us a big favour!
Aidra: The Jovannic was at home and beat Kiltoch 4-3. Both are eliminated. Aut-Ves-Nat lost to visiting Eshialand 1-0. Not that it really matter for Aut-Ves-Nat, they were already eliminated. Polkopia won at home 2-1 against Flavovespia. So Baker Park lost, Polkopia won.

Kate: And the game that mattered for us, was us visiting Xanneria ... we won 3-0.
Aidra: Well, I had a little trouble over there.
Kate: Sexual harassment?
Aidra: No, me and the crew had trouble getting in because they know we're called Naked News Jeruselem for an an obvious reason. It's not like it's any secret nudity is our game.
Kate: So just the usual problems entering countries who don't like public nudity
Aidra: Yeah, well I was allowed to go in as long as I kept my clothes on public.

Kate: We won 3-0 anyway
Aidra: That's the important bit
Kate: Well, today's results. There was one HUGE game, which wasn't the one here.
Aidra: We're doing match day 15 in reverse?
Kate: The real important game wasn't our game - it was important but the other was one pretty big too.
Aidra: Oh that game ...

Kate: Jeruselem hosted The Jovannic who were already eliminated. We did win 5-3 which was a weird result for us as we haven't scored 5 goals in one game this entire cup but hey we scored 3 in the last game.
Aidra: 8 goals in 2 games. We're picking up our game!
Kate: We did concede 3 so there's always room for improvement.
Aidra: We did win though
Kate: Not always guarantee when we play at home
Aidra: For sure

Kate: Flavovespia are nearly eliminated, beat eliminated Aut-Ves-Nat 4-2. They'll need more of those. Eshialand kept their hopes alive at home beating Xanneria 3-1 pushing Xanneria into elimination territory. Kiltoch lost to visiting Sajnur 3-1. So Eshialand and Sanjur winning games and keeping their hopes alive. But that game was the one everyone was interested in.
Aidra: Yes, Polkopia at home faced off with Commonwealth of Baker Park. Polkopia won their last game, Baker Park lost theirs. The two top 3 teams needed to this one as there was Jeruselem hanging around threating them.
Kate: That's our job for sure!
Aidra: Well Baker Park prevailed 3-2. This was the one game which Polkopia actually needed to do well in.
Kate: Which leaves Group 17 quite open with top 3 still.
Aidra: Yeah

Kate: Group 17 has eliminated teams - Kiltoch 10 points, The Jovannic 11 points, Aut-Ves-Nat 12 points. Then the nearly eliminated teams Xanneria and Flavovespia on 21 points each in 7th and 6th. Eshialand is 5th on 23 points, they were in the top 3 at one stage. Sajnur are 4th on 24 points, this team has defeated the top 2 seeds! Leaving the top 3.
Aidra: Commonwealth of Baker Park are 3rd on 29 points, with Jeruselem holding 2nd on 30 and Polkopia on 31. So the top 3 are very close to each other.
Kate: Three games left and yes we MUST play Baker Park in the last round.
Aidra: So Polkopia could top the group in the end.
Kate: They've lost a total of two games, so they are really hard to beat. And they score a bucket load of goals.
Aidra: People might point to our main weakness, lack of goalsl. 33 vs 38 and 36 of our rivals.

Kate: We are defensively good as Baker Park, Polkopia is pretty good too. All teams aren't far in quality from each other.
Aidra: Group 17 is going down the last round for sure.
Kate: OK, a quick look at the other 17 groups.
Aidra: Group 1 - it's clear it's Starblaydia and our friends from Independent Athletes from Quebec going top this group.
Kate: Group 2 is a four way dog fight between Squidroidia, Brenecia, HUElavia and Kohnhead. Just to note Kohnhead has NO draws so far. Weird.
Aidra: Group 3 looks like Kandorith and Vilita but Mertagne has an outside chance here.

Kate: Group 4 has Farfadillis leading Drawkland and Atheara.
Aidra: Group 5 is seeing Vdara ahead of the pack, with Valanora as the real threat. Yuezhou are too far out from where they are.
Kate: Group 6 - well Audioslavia and Electrum. I can't see any other result.
Aidra: Well Group 7 has Graintfjall leading the Holy Empire!
Kate: Group 8, Ethane will this group. Trolleborg 2nd.
Aidra: Group 9, Nephara have a massive lead and we have Tumbra, Squornshelan Remnant States, Huayramarca and Eraman going for the 2nd spot.

Kate: Group 10, Mytanija clearly leading. Siovanija and Teusland have fend off Poafmersia and The Sarian.
Aidra: Group 11, Pemecutan with clear lead ahead of Banija and Zwangzug.
Kate: Group 12 have leaders Kelssek and Twicetagria. The Licentian Isles and Astograth need those teams to lose games.
Aidra: Group 13, is very undecided. Turori, Ranoria, Sargossa and TJUN-ia have to sort themselves out.
Kate: Group 14, Pasarga and older timers Krytenia are clearly faves. Adab needs a miracle.
Aidra: Group 15, Omerica should win from here. Ko-oren or Montaña Verde will take 2nd.

Kate: Group 16, OUR FRIENDS Cassadaigua! Leading! Mercedini, a team we know well should be in the top 2. I can't the 3rd and 4th getting to those teams.
Aidra: Group 18: Chromatika, Eura and Sylestone are only ones in contention.
Kate: So, some groups are clear cut and some have unresolved issues which will go down the last second.
Aidra: Group 17 is on the knife edge.
Kate: We live there most of the time, except the last cup which was dream run.
Aidra: Right, we got something to announce.

Kate: The WORLD CUP 88 coins are here! In Gold, Silver and PLATINUM. And copper for cheapskates.
Aidra: There's Pekora Dancer, the rabbit girl on one sider and a football on the other side.
Kate: The Platinum will be limited edition as it's a rather hard metal to get. I'd get it before it disappears.
Aidra: It's all on the Jeruselem Mint web site
Kate: I would show you one but I don't have any pockets meh
Aidra: Disadvantage of not wearing clothes

Kate: Well that's all from us, we have three game left. Hopefully we can top the group and well avoid the playoffs.
Aidra: See you all later
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:23 am

Athearan Sport Ordering News
ASON.com.ah/football/WC/89Q
The website for all your Athearan sporting needs, and many non sport related stories!

◯Log in or Sign up!|.Home.|.Football.|.Hockey.|.Baseball.|.Chess.|.FAQ & More▼

Football > World Cup > 89Q
Atheara, Never so Close so Early to Qualification...
Today was an absolute baller of a footballing day you could ever hear or see in Atheara. In just their 2nd cycle, the Blue Guard are close for qualification either by playoffs or instant qualification! Atheara had to fight through an easily defeated Usanguk, just as last time. The real challenge here around was Farfadillis. If Atheara couldn't get a draw, qualification would seem very much grim. And guess what happened? Atheara drew 12th ranked Farfadillis at home, in the Astena Stadium. Don't believe me? I mean, it's currently the recent highlight of Atheara so far, and Atheara are one of the teams included in the "first qualifier" highlights! Being third in a group with Drawkland and Farfadillis as the top 2 seeds at first seems like a place for mis-placed hope, but not all hope is lost. If Atheara defeats Drawkland in Drawkland and keep their pace against the Blouman Empire, Atheara has a likely chance of going through.

But, don't get me started with the second placed teams. Everyone is fighting hard, and we know it. Chris Leslen - Odwell scored two goals, a penalty and an easy tap in, with Edgar Faltier scoring a fantastic ball from outside the box. The Blue Guard held La Vherderoja to a deadlock for the full 90 minutes in Astena Stadium, unlike last time where they had conceded five goals at . But, we should ask the reason why we need to win our final three matches for qualification. It's because it's Drawkland. Theyt are one of the best teams in the tournament, and we know they will not mess up. They are two points ahead of us as they had won both of their games, securing some 6 points. The last time we met against Drawkland, it was all level in 1 - 1. And what's a fact to say? Atheara has only conceded 12 goals, the least in group 4.

Jonathan Winger wrote:It's easy to look at things and underestimate. You don't do that in Atheara. When criticizing, everyone should and probably must know the minds of the person they are criticizing. Well we all know the quote "Do onto others as they do onto us" It's simple really. I don't know why some are blinded by their bias, you can control it, so why won't you? | Jonathan Winger on some Athearan critics.

Mugel Krygorf wrote:According to what i know, the first team will be playing against Drawkland. We can't risk anything, and i do agree about not risking anything. I am sure Harper and the others will do well against Blouman. I mean, the second team has shown the ability to be as good or even better than the first team. But i think experience is what Kristian and Lyzen needs for this big game. | Mugel Krygorf on the first team starting vs. Drawkland.

Liam Arnelovich wrote:I would say i am sure that we will get a Cup of Harmony invite. I mean, we have done very well so far, and coverage has been all around us for quite a bit, it wouldn't make sense for Atheara to not get an invite. And i feel like we can do good in the Cup of Harmony, especially if we don't qualify for the World Cup. I am just stating facts. | Liam Arnelovich on the Cup of Harmony.

Toriff Hicosia Algeer wrote:Have you not seen Renocado and Chris on the field? They literally just seem like an unstoppable duo. Kind of like me and Frawning in a way, i mean, we were childhood friends. If they keep this up, they might as well keep punching in some more stats for themselves. Chris is more of a set piece taker and finisher, while Renocado is more of a shooter and visionare. They gel well together. | Toriff Hicosia Algeer on William Renocado and Chris Leslen - Odwell CF duo.

So, what can we expect for the games against Drawkland and the Blouman Empire? Expect these games to be full of action and very fast paced footballing gameplay. You can place your bets on how the scores will end, and the winner will get 10.000 Arthertas as a grand prize. Though, please make sure to gamble responsibly. Athearan Sport Ordering News does not take responsibility in any addiction of gambling and does not take responsibility for private loss in any shape or form. Remember, we shouldn't be ashamed if we don't qualify. But let's just hope Atheara wins this big game against Drawkland. For the Blue Guard!

Atheara WCQ 89 Schedule
MD1: Atheara 1 vs 0 Eastfield Lodge @Astena Stadium, Astena
MD2: Atheara 1 vs 0 Torisakia
MD3: Atheara 0 vs 0 Garbelia @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD4: Atheara 3 vs 0 Barhe
MD5: Atheara 3 vs 0 Usanguk @Astena Stadium, Astena
MD6: Atheara 1 vs 5 Farfadillis
MD7: Atheara 1 vs 1 Drawkland @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD8: Atheara 1 vs 1 Blouman Empire
MD9: Atheara 2 vs 1 Valladares @Astena Stadium, Astena

MD10: Atheara 3 vs 2 Eastfield Lodge
MD11: Atheara 2 vs 1 Torisakia @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD12: Atheara 0 vs 1 Garbelia
MD13: Atheara 1 vs 0 Barhe @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD14: Atheara 3 vs 0 Usanguk
MD15: Atheara 0 vs 0 Farfadillis @Astena Stadium, Astena
MD16: Atheara vs Drawkland
MD17: Atheara vs Blouman Empire @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD18: Atheara vs Valladares

This outlet was written by Wilana Evaes - Corotza, she has written 19 outlets.

Other Recent ASON Outlets...
Football: Tobias Oslegard Considers "Top 3" as Success.
Chess: Carlos Devyn: Chess is a Game of Minds.
Hockey: Fellow Kidnapped Hockey Players Recovered at Mugendar.
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

Lathamford
Envoy

Founded: Sep 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathamford » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:51 am

WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION 89: MD14
Talamia 2–3 Lathamford
Lignus Fonè '6, '89 ׀ Otto Farrowsteam '17, 68; Giles Kingsley '55
@ Ebdemar Au'tokra Stadium (cap. 84,000) ׀ Game Sponsor: NIL

Lineup
Glowsnarl, Haymoore, Skelmersdale (C), J. Ashleigh (Darrington), Faraday (Wymondham), Wyvernchaser, du Graypelt, Selfridges, Grantham, Kingsley (Caskwoods), Farrowsteam

WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION 89: MD15
Srednjaci 0–4 Lathamford
NIL ׀ Otto Farrowsteam '31, Frederick Grantham '55, Jonah Hargreave '78 & '89
@ UNK ׀ Game Sponsor: NIL

Lineup
Glowsnarl, Haymoore, Skelmersdale (C), J. Ashleigh (Decker), Faraday, Wyvernchaser, du Graypelt (Hargreave) , Selfridges, Grantham, Kingsley (Caskwoods), Farrowsteam

Statistic so far...
World Cup Q89
Group 18:: MD1 Darmen 1-0 Image Morten Clawbrand Dustin Skelmersdale
Group 18:: MD2 Schima Bas 1-1 Image Otto Farrowsteam Joe Wymondham, Clayton Decker
Group 18:: MD3 Sylestone 1-0 Image Joe Wymondham Martin Haymoore
Group 18:: MD4 Eura 0-2
Group 18:: MD5 Talamia 0-1
Group 18:: MD6 Srednjaci 1-0 Image Otto Farrowsteam Bradley Barrington
Group 18:: MD7 Agresos 1-1 Image Carter Colfield Dustin Skelmersdale [Suspended next game]
Group 18:: MD8 Melbergia 1-0 Image Otto Farrowsteam Xavier Wolfsong
Group 18:: MD9 Chromatika 0-1
Group 18:: MD10 Darmen 0-2
Group 18:: MD11 Schima Bas 1-2 Image Morten Clawbrand
Group 18:: MD12 Sylestone 1-1 Image Otto Farrowsteam
Group 18:: MD13 Eura 1-0 Image Otto Farrowsteam
Group 18:: MD14 Talamia 3-2 Image Otto Farrowsteam x2, Giles Kingsley
Group 18:: MD15 Srednjaci 4-0 Image Otto Farrowsteam, Frederick Grantham, Jonah Hargreave x2

Scorer: World Cup Q89
Otto Farrowsteam 8
Morten Clawbrand 2
Jonah Hargreave 2
Joe Wymondham 1
Carter Colfield 1
Giles Kingsley 1
Frederick Grantham 1

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 am

Being on the plane with the team is always fun. Then there was the ride home after the Eshialand game. 3-1. A good drubbing from Eshia on their home stadium but man it sucks. And no it's not the Eshialand game that has the team in a funk. There is genuine concern the nation may have jinxed itself in this tournament now as they have lost 3-0 to Jeruselam the prior week. Diplo Pharm and Ina Ninomae tore through the defense early and keeper Evan Jefferson Jr, still a lil bummed over the Sajnur draw, didn't look great either and Jeru got us 3-0, but the big controversy revolves around Jeru's infamous Naked News Network. They were banned from the site of the game lest they wear clothes, cause yes they do live up to their name. At least thats what I've heard.....

So after that rough game we are now here flying home a week later with Eshialand, an ol' freind whose got a young talented team hosting us. Even without talented young winger Jacob Harran in the line up, (We dont know why he wasn't, heard a rumor he fell ill the night before or something, who knows....) Faith Krupp and Alic Carroll took up slack and lead the team to a 3-1 over us. Eshialands young core looked strong against the aging Maroons and despite the rebuilt roster they still overcame a strong early push by the Maroons. In Fact this was almost a reverse of the Baker Park game where the team scored late do to a worn out BO defense well it seemed that way with Eshialand as the game also had the Owls scored late due to a worn out Maroons defense.

Anyways not much to say here but we can regroup and still get second in the group so who knows....

JEREUSELEM - 3
I Ninomae 22' 55'
D Pharm 62'

XANNERIA - 0

ESHIALAND - 3
F Krupp 39'
A Caroll 15' 87'

XANNERIA - 1
Brower 63'
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:26 am

Vladimir Hužyak Recounts His Emotions on the Pitch in MD15 Against Baker Park

Of course it was turning out to be a nail-biter, Hužyak thought to himself as he watched his midfield pass amongst themselves in the middle of the pitch. Games like these were always incredibly stressful in the moment, but he would look back on today days from now and recount how much he enjoyed playing such matches. Right now though, a small slip-up could mean a devastating loss for Polkopia in a game they needed to win if they were to solidify their qualification to the World Cup. Their match against Baker Park had been extremely fast-paced and from his perspective, Hužyak noticed that the more experienced Commonwealth team seemed to be in much better shape than the Polkopians.

"Drive, drive, drive!" Hužyak roared, waving his arms forward, signaling his defense to move up to pitch to provide relief to the midfield, who was already facing increased pressure from Baker Park. Hužyak saw Stepen Azarov get tripped up in between two defenders and saw no direct pass to relieve him of this pressure. Fortunately, Vadim Išutin was now sprinting down the boundary line and hoped to give Azarov another open man to pass to.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Hužyak heard Išutin scream out as he approached Azarov, doing everything he could to give him as much help as he could before he lost the ball. Even from way back in the Polkopian side, Hužyak saw Azarov begin to panic now that a third defender was collapsing on him and he watched as Azarov blindly kicked the ball back toward Išutin's direction.

Too late.

By the time Azarov's lined up to pass the ball, one of the defenders had already wedged himself in between Azarov and Išutin and easily intercepted the ball, now turning around to move the ball toward the Polkopian side of the pitch. Most of the Polkopian midfield had already been far in Baker Park's half, so Hužyak doubted that they would be able to make it back in time. He would have to rely on his defenders here to stop this attack before Hužyak stood by himself between Baker Park and the go-ahead goal.

Išutin was fast, no doubt, but even Hužyak knew that, after sprinting down the field in such a hurry, there was no way Išutin would be able to turn and sprint back to Polkopia's side to provide last-minute defensive maneuvers along the wing. Before the attack even began, Hužyak knew that the left wing would be Polkopia's weakness until Išutin could make his way back. For now, Išutin would have to stop the attack mid-field if he could, but as he leaned forward to stab the ball out from the player's leg, he passed the ball toward the center of the pitch, where another Commonwealth player was already waiting for the pass. From there, the player who had just passed the ball now ran past Išutin and was wide open along the wing, and received the ball back with little resistance. Now, Hužyak knew he was in trouble.

It was just Polkopa's center backs now that could provide any sort of relief, and more and more Commonwealth players were descending on the defenders. If either of them left their positions, they would leave another man open and the odds of Polkopia conceding then would grow even more. The best bet here, Hužyak decided, was to keep them on the wing as much as possible until they were forced to cross it in.

As the attack pressed on, Hužyak stared right at Ayana West, who was the catalyst of this Commonwealth attack. With hardly anyone in her way, she made her way into the box, signaling Vasiliy Zubokov to leave his position and defend against West, who now threatened to attempt a shot on goal at any given moment. From the corner of his eye, Hužyak saw Lev Rusakov shift to take over guarding the person Zubokov had been, while Nikida Rudin managed take Rusakov's position. Right now, it was three Polkopian defenders facing off against three Commonwealth attackers, and things seemed incredibly tense as each side waited for the other to make a move.

Hužyak flinched as West faked a shot on goal, nearly faking out Zubokov, who side stepped to try and deflect the would-be attempt, but this little maneuver was enough for the forward to shuffle past an off-balance Zubokov and strike the ball with incredible strength, sending the ball whizzing toward Hužyak.

The best thing about defending against a shot from the side was that there were little options for the ball to go they were out of a keeper's reach. Hužyak stood a foot from the near post, giving him easy range to block most shots coming from West's direction, but the ball coming at him was struck with such speed that Hužyak just had time to react, managing to get a few fingers on the ball as he tipped the ball over the net and out of play.

"Come on!" Hužyak belted, slapping his gloves together. The attack wasn't finished yet; Baker Park had managed to win a corner here and the Polkopians were scrambling to mark the many Commonwealth players who flooded Polkopia's goalbox. Hužyak grabbed Zubokov and shoved him by the near post and looked back to make sure that Rusakov was at the far post. Hužyak nodded, feeling the players' anxious shuffling around the box as they awaited the corner.

Time seemed to stop for Hužyak as the Commonwealth player held their hand in the air and charge at the ball. Hužyak's eyes followed the ball as it sailed into the box and a million thoughts flooded his head in real time. The ball was close enough where Hužyak could, realistically, bulldoze through the players and punch the ball out, but what if he wasn't able to reach the ball in time? Or what if he had to dive for the ball and he punched it toward a Commonwealth player. But if he stood there and someone headed it, would he react quick enough to defend it? Would his defenders be able to do it instead?

These thoughts relentlessly attacked the keeper's mind as the ball made its way into the goalbox, but was headed out of the box by Danya Siyan, who had been closely marking Daniel Pryor, the other Commonwealth forward. Hužyak allowed himself to breathe, but found his sense of relief cut short when the ball landed right at Junior Ngoba's feet, who proceeded to take one step and fire a shot on goal.

Hužyak could hardly see the ball as it came flying in his direction, as there were a dozen bodies he had to fight through in order to see the ball. Even if he had managed to see the ball, there was little change of him making it to the ball in time, as it soared over the players' heads and into the back corner of the net, giving Baker Park its third goal, putting them ahead of Polkopia at the 84th minute.

Hužyak fell to his knees as the Commonwealth players ran out of the box to celebrate their go-ahead goal, leaving the Polkopians with their shoulders slumped and the heads hanging low as they all realized that they probably wouldn't be able to come back from this. The fans in the arena were nearly silent as this would mean that Polkopia's qualification to the World Cup would be that much more difficult, as Baker Park were one of the teams threatening to take away Polkopia's qualification spot to the tournament. Hužyak felt the same frustration that some of the Polkopian fans must have felt, as he stood up and grabbed the ball, booting it down the field in a fit of rage.

"Hey, hey!" Hužyak heard Rudin call out to him. He turned around and saw his captain jog toward him, "None of that shit, we're not out of this yet, alright?"

Rudin's eyes were red but his brows were furrowed and Hužyak could see the angry determination that Rudin showed though his facial expressions. He wasn't done fighting an they still had several minutes to turn this game around and salvage a point from this match. Hužyak watched Rudin run up to some of the Polkopians still left in the box and perk them up, before running to the right side of the field, eager to take his position before the Polkopians resumed the game with a kick off at the center of the pitch.

Despite their best efforts, the Polkopians wouldn't manage to come back from this goal deficit and would fall to the Commonwealth of Baker Park in a 2-3 loss. They still remained in first place, but only one point separated them from second-placed Jerusalem, who were now beginning to encroach on Polkopia's spot for a qualification spot to the World Cup. In their next game, they would face off against Aut-Ves-Nat, who had already drawn Polkopia in Peeto and now the Snovski hope to earn back lost points against the side with a win. There were only three matches left in qualifying, and each of these matches would prove to be as important as ever, now with qualification on the line.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:59 am

Surviving and Advancing!

HUElavia gains two more victories to keep pace in aspirations for World Cup 89!

Txakhaxi 0–2 HUElavia
(Castilho 42', Di Donato 61')

HUElavia 3–1 Britland
(Braz-Bittencourt 5', Nazario 38', Sol 81' | REDACTED 85')
(Yeugsaiwai Stadium, Yeugsaiwai, HUElavia)

(The following is set in the pre-game for Brenecia vs HUElavia)

Studio Broadcaster: "Once again, 90 minutes separates us from knowing what our path may be for the World Cup. For this crucial match at Brenecia, here's your commentators: Camilo Montreal and Jonas Menezes Pereira. Here's to a great game!"

Camilo Montreal: "Welcome everyone to Matchday 16 of the World Cup 89 Qualifiers, for one of the most anticipated matchups of this group, Brenecia vs HUElavia! Tonight, we see the stars of White, Carpenter, Wright, Leadbetter and Caitiff of Brenecia taking on the stars of Yamane, Nascimento, Fonseca-Mantovani, Vannier, and Mendieta of HUElavia, right here on HBC.

CM: "Camilo Montreal and Jonas Menezes Pereira here, when we first saw the schedule of matches for Group 2, Matchday 16 between Brenecia and HUElavia was one of the marquee matchups that was circled. It was seen as a match that would have plenty at stake for the two teams. Never did we consider that it truly would be a massive high-stakes matchup for the two teams. Brenecia is coming off a shocking 1-0 away loss to Geisenfried, where they ended up giving away 1st Place in Group 2 to Squidroidia. And boy, this team is reeling from that loss. Meanwhile, HUElavia has seemingly woken up since their surprise loss to Garifunya on Matchday 8 and since then, they have recorded 6 wins and a single draw, totaling to 19 unanswered points to put them right at the fray for the direct qualification or playoffs. For both of these teams, anything less than a victory is a disaster. Now partner, come on in and share us your thoughts."

Jonas Menezes Pereira: "Good evening. To say that this is a crucial match is an understatement. Both of these teams are currently on the outside looking in for a direct qualification, but Brenecia has the insurance of possibly having a playoff spot. HUElavia does not have that comfort. Tonight, Brenecia needs to make something out of their attack in order to stop this HUElavian team that is very famous for their strong midfield and forwards that light up the scoreboard."

CM: "Jonas, what are your tips for Brenecia in order for them to get the victory?"

JMP: "For Brenecia, they need to attack or they need to keep possession of the ball and snuff out opportunities from HUElavia's attack. The retirement of Lauren Cheney is very much felt in Brenecia and they need to make the most of the match in order to win. Scoring two and conceding two is not a good look for a team that was at the last World Cup and they have expectations to make it back. They have the home crowd tonight and they need to get results urgently."

CM: "What are your thoughts on HUElavia for tonight?"

JMP: "HUElavia has seemingly woken up since that surprising loss to Garifunya, and they really have made the effort to avoid drawing matches. They're more decisive in the matches, with all four of the Teams that Conavacio has brought out for these Qualifiers playing like they mean it. Currently, the A-Team is starting tonight, they're well rested and are motivated to make something special happen. They need to keep pressuring Brenecia, much like they did in HUEsilia and avoid going on the defense from Brenecian counter-attacks. The HUElavian defense is decent, especially with their goalkeepers, but they have had lapses in the past and need to continue working on that."

CM: "Well, the teams are in the tunnel, Brenecia are in all blue while HUElavia are in all yellow. Very serious looks on both teams, wanting to win it all. Folks, if you're a religious person, now is the time to be praying in earnest for this team. If you're not religious, do whatever pre-game ritual you have. Tonight is an immensely crucial matchup for both teams and we hope this can be an entertaining and memorable match.

Stadium Announcer: "Ladies and Gentlemen: Let's welcome the national teams of Brenecia and HUElavia!"
Crowd Cheers

(A-Team will play for both matches at Brenecia and vs Garifunya. The Home Uniform will be worn for both games.)

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:50 am

Welp. That closes the door.

Sarzonia have officially been eliminated from World Cup qualifying contention after their 2-0 loss to Saltstead, a defeat that was notable more for the showering of boos the Sarzonians received and heard every time they touched the ball.

Manager Nathan Hanifer declined to address the Saltsteadish reaction to the Stars players, saying "that's above my pay grade. I'm a football coach and I'm here to coach football," he said.

As the Stars boarded their charter flight back to Woodstock, they had far greater concerns on their mind. So, too, did Tam Carter, the Senior Vice President and External Affairs Officer.

Whilst the plane was zooming out of Saltsteadish space and rocketing toward the safety of Atlantian Oceania, Hanifer was taking a quick nap. He knew he had to prepare for the team's match against The Holy Empire, even though it would do nothing to advance Sarzonia's cause when it came to qualifying. He wasn't interested in the public buildup for the match at the already sold out Dave Wilson Stadium.

Saints vs. Sinners? Monks vs. Heathens? Catholics vs. Convicts? None of those epithets carried any weight with Hanifer. The only thing that mattered was it was the top ranked team in the multiverse and the defending runners up playing in Woodstock in front of an overwhelmingly pro-Sarzonia crowd. His team may not have a chance at the proper, but it was damn sure going to play for pride.

Meanwhile, Carter was on the phone with Sarzonia's President Grant Haffner. Haffner had the Omerican ambassador to Sarzonia on his other line and, after the usual conversations about the state of Omerican-Sarzonian relations, the ambassador had a question.

"Mr. President, have you visited the Saltsteadish interests section at our embassy? I think you or Senior Vice President Carter need to have a conversation with the Saltsteadish counsel there," the Omerican ambassador asked Haffner.

"I have no plans to go down there," Haffner said. "I don't know if Senior Vice President Carter plans to go there or not."

"I think she needs to."

"They."

"Oh, right. They," the ambassador said, briefly showing embarrassment before continuing. "If I may be somewhat undiplomatic, I think Sarzonia needs to grow up with Saltsteadish relations and at least pursue some kind of dialogue."

"And why are you showing this much concern about whether we have relations with Saltstead or not?"

"Because as the embassy housing their interests section, we don't necessarily like the idea that you are treating Saltstead as personae non grata. You want to show the world you're different from Sarzo. Here's your chance, Mr. President."

After the conversation with the Omerican ambassador, the next conversation was with Carter.

"Tam, you have a job to do. I chose you to succeed Bryan for a reason," Haffner said. "Call up the Saltsteadish counsel and arrange a conversation. If you have to go to Ashwell, get ready to take the flight there."

"Mr. President."

"Mx. Carter," Haffner said firmly back, making clear his expectations for the country's top diplomat. It may very well require Carter to board a flight for Ashwell. It may require Jån-Micħäl Greifsveud to board a plane for Woodstock. But whatever it was, it was time for Sarzonia to turn the page and grow up.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports