NATION

PASSWORD

RSS feed for regions RMB

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

RSS feed for regions RMB

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Ok so it was suggested that a new thread be started for this idea, so here it is in a nutshell.
An aggregate RMB for the world was suggested.
Horak wrote:Hello Administrative Overlords,

I was bumming around nationstates and found it regrettable that most of my usual hangouts were pretty sleepy on the RMB.
So then I thought wouldn't it be cool if there was one RMB on the World page, that showed the lastest RMB posts, from all regions. So not only would it be a weird conversation because you'd see a bunch of posts from different RMBs stacked up but it could take a poor wanderer right to where the festival is.

Anyway I thought it was a nice idea. If you don't like it, I know a very tasty muffin that I will be happy to offer as a sacrifice to satisfy you.

Your humble slave and admirer,

Horak

However it was wisely pointed out that this would result in rather spammish and annoying problems.
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please believe me when I tell you that you DO NOT WANT a general aggregate listing. One of the regions we've been keeping an eye on has an average of 5 nonsense posts a minute from Junior High students. I don't know how many of our 9,487 regions have that level of activity, but you would drown in the spam in mere minutes.

So the better idea would be to ask for an RSS feed of regions RMBs. Thoughts?
Frisbeeteria wrote:What you should really be asking for is an RSS feed for regions you want to follow. Use an RSS aggregater to get exactly the feed you want. I don't know if it's possible, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:01 pm

This could be pretty cool. Other aspects of the site have already been syndicated (is that the right term?) such as national happenings, new issues, and telegrams. It seems a logical step to request the same access to RMB posts. It would save time jumping around to different region pages, if there's a group of regions that one is consistently interested in viewing.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Brasilya
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Brasilya » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 pm

I like.
♔ The Kindom of Brasilya ♔
Factbook
Region
Coat of Arms
NsEconomy

Horak
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Horak » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 pm

I also like.
Muffins are tasty.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:21 am

I like this as well.

(On a different but related note I'm still hoping the embassies = members able post on each others RMB idea will come. The one violet commented here and here)
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:I like this as well.

(On a different but related note I'm still hoping the embassies = members able post on each others RMB idea will come. The one violet commented here and here)

Oh that would be interesting.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:30 pm

After this post I will assume that someone of importance has seen this idea, and let the thread sink after I ask Uni to include it in his list.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 pm

I was hoping that [violet] or SalusaSecondus would spot this thread and post a definitive comment, but alas, they didn't. Without a hint that this is practical, I don't feel justified in adding it to the enhancement queue.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:37 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:I was hoping that [violet] or SalusaSecondus would spot this thread and post a definitive comment, but alas, they didn't. Without a hint that this is practical, I don't feel justified in adding it to the enhancement queue.

Well like all ideas in technical a thread about this will probably crop up in another week or so about this.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Since it's been two weeks and I am still rather interested in this I thought I'd give it one last nudge. The fact that a certain someone is online surely has nothing to do with it.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical