NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision "Your Favorites" Edition | Scorilo - Polkopia

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Worldvision "Your Favorites" Edition | Scorilo - Polkopia

Postby Polkopia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Spotlights were moving about the Icicle Hall, which was the venue selected to host this special edition of the Worldvision Song Contest. Cameras panned in on audience members screaming, cheering, waving flags, all of whom looked absolutely thrilled to be a part of this event. A loud, booming voice was heard over the roaring crowd, and everyone became silent as the voice spoke.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Scorilo, Polkopia!"

The audience cheered, and more flags of various nations were seen waving in the audience. Members from nations all across the multiverse were present here, all wanting to witness this amazing event.

"Welcome to the Worldvision Song Contest, Your Favorites Edition! Now, please welcome your hosts, Sophie Imanova and Mikhail Brinsk!"

Sophie Imanova and Mikhail Brinsk walked onto the stage, waving and smiling to the crowd. Sophie was wearing an elaborate golden dress while Mikhail wore a black suit with a tie and pocket square to match Sophie's dress. Each of them wore a microphone which was pinned on the inside of their clothing, making their voices audible to the crowd.

Sophie: "Welcome to Scorilo!"

The crowd roared in excitement. Sophie and Mikhail looked at the crowd smiling, waiting for them to quiet down a bit before starting to speak again.

Sophie: "That was nice. I'm liking this crowd already! But you're all here for a reason, and that reason is Worldvision!"
Mikhail: "And we'll get right on it! But this is special, not only for you, but for us as well. Today, the PNB has teamed up with Töbuk, the broadcaster for Tödlichebujoku, to bring this event to you!
Sophie: "Although hosted in Polkopia, Töbuk has invested a lot of time and money into providing you with a fantastic show, along with the Polkopian broadcaster. They've even provided us with an opening act!"
Mikhail: "Speaking of which, it's time! Ladies and gentlemen... Fire and Ice!"
Last edited by Polkopia on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:30 pm

The stage begins in darkness. As the whispering and recordings begin, silver streaks dart about the stage and arena.

A girl is illuminated as she starts singing.

Suddenly, an electronic blast sounds, trumpet-like music begins to blare and a row of brass performers steps into view, one on each side of the terrace level highest above the stage. Two priests enter through the audience from the rear of the stadium, one on either side and each with a procession of acolytes and drummers. They are clothed in elaborate garments of very different styles and wield different instruments. The drummers then begin playing, eventually ending up at the first terrace level on each side of the stage while the priests and their acolytes arrange themselves on the stage.

Meanwhile, the stage's lights reveal a pair of childrens' choirs. One is clad in white robes, the other in red. They begin to move left, then right, and whirl to the tune of the music. The choirs then stand still and begin chanting

The priest in white seems to have snow whirling about him, while the priest in red appears to have a faint aura of flickering flame. They begin to conduct rituals with their instruments- incense is burned, spells are whispered, runes drawn, fingers pricked. Smoke and prayers whirl up into the Dome's air, the lights dimming. The background screens portray what seems to be a visualization of a great portal- wavering, quivering, slowly opening.

As the beat drops [1:07], a great burst of snow and a great burst of flame erupt from the hands of the white and red priests respectively, and a massive pair of manifestations condense from the snow and flame over the audience. One is a eagle-shaped blizzard of snow and blue jays, while the other is of flaming quetzal birds in the form of a serpent. They writhe and grapple in the air above the audience, the stadium lighting creating lightning effects through the slowly growing clouds of smoke and steam.

As the music slows down, the two entities seem to reach a stalemate. The choirs begin to chant again, and the entities intertwine, as if still grappling. The screens show a stream of white and a stream of red swirling into a point of light that grows and grows, until...

With the second beat drop, the two entities explode and separate into two great whirlwinds- one of blue jay feathers, one of quetzal feathers- which rove about the stadium, each audience member receiving a single feather. The stadium lights strobe in a wave from front to back, with the fluidly dancing acolytes shown on screen, their flowing robes rippling in the wind. The whirlwinds continue and then dwindle in size with the music, dissipating entirely as the music ends.

Sophie: "Ladies and gentlemen, that was the opening act for this special edition of Worldvision, brought to you by Töbuk, who is also co-hosting the contest along with the PNB, can we get a round of applause for this spectacular performance?"

The audience roars in a deafening tone, complete with cheers, hoots, and clapping

Mikhail: "And that is the signal. Now it's time to get this show on the road. Are you ready everyone, for this special edition of Worldvision?"
Sophie: "Oh, we already know the answer to that! Now, let me explain the rules. First, each participating nation sends in a song from the past ten editions of Worldvision. That can be all the way back from the 40th edition. You remember that, don't you?"
Mikhail: "Yes, quite well. The participating nations will then vote using the standard Worldvision format, twelve points, ten, on and on like normal. This determines what we're calling the phase one winner."
Sophie: "And remember Todlichebujoku's song for that Anniversary event? Cyanide Eyes? Yep, the Phase One winner will 'phase' off against Cyanide Eyes to determine the Phase Two winner. "
Mikhail: "I think they've got it. It's time to begin the show."

Mikhail and Sohpie: "Ladies and gentlemen, let the Worldvision Song Contest "Your Favorites" Edition begin!"

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:30 pm

01. Praciba
Party L - Call Us (At The Bala)
Performance | Postcard

02. Mister X
Entourage - My Only
Performance | Postcard

03. Normandy and Picardy
Jules Vergule - Hurts
Performance | Postcard

04. Ekoz
Max Ønarsson - Unconscious
Performance | Postcard

05. Kalosia
Lucia Edin - Goodbye to Yesterday
Performance | Postcard

06. Tödlichebujoku
Kultaiset Pievos - Running Through The Dark
Performance | Postcard

07. South Bourbonstan
Ella And The Ocean - Just Go!
Performance | Postcard

08. Kwadai
Haya al Kuwari - Once Again
Performance | Postcard

09. Polkopia
Justina Vlašic - Death
Performance | Postcard

10. The Sarian
Harriet Engels - Revolution
Performance | Postcard

11. Estogium
Ellie Morgent - Healer
Performance | Postcard

12. Izmedu
NemaMinorca & Konstanca Vrebac - Hearts of Iron
Performance | Postcard

13. Cheongji
F.A.M. - Dumb
Performance | Postcard

14. Electrum
Michael Street - Sing Your Prayers Now
Performance | Postcard
Last edited by Polkopia on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:32 am, edited 8 times in total.

Praciba
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Praciba » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:30 am

1 - Praciba
Call us (at the Bala) by Party L
WV40 Winner

Tune: Vamos a la Playa - Miranda
Language: English, Pracib

Party L

As it becomes Praciba's time to perform, all lights are dimmed. Due to these dimmed lights, no one was able to make up what was happening on the stage except for the technicians and mechanics that were sent, among others, with the performers. Wearing night-vision goggles, they placed the required props for the performance and carried the performers to their places. While the performers were more than capable of moving themselves, it was deemed safer for them to get carried to their place, as they would probably knock something over or get seriously hurt in the dark. What many people didn't know was that these technicians and mechanics were often chosen from the best strongmen of Praciba, with popular strongmen such as Barþy 'Man Crusher' Kóngresson and þieðerick 'Femboy' Choulß often receiving a quick course on how to install the specialized Pracib equipment, seeing as regular technicians and mechanics lacked the power and raw strength to lift the equipment and the artists.

When the lights were turned back on, a large DJ booth was revealed to be in the middle of the stage. Behind it stood Party L, the threesome that had been selected as Praciba's participants. A popular musical act in Bentrus, where two of the three members were born, Party L consisted of three ex-Luurisvaleitaræn employees that had turned to the DJ booth to make a buck, stating that their analytic abilities allowed them to make musical masterpieces. While this wasn't seen in the charts, where they reached mediocre results when compared to artists from the more populous areas, they had won the in-house National Final, only able for viewing with the PraSat Plus service of PR TV, with a stunning live performance of their catchy-yet-chilling song 'Call us at the Bala', which makes references to the Luurisvaleitaræn when it was still the 'axe' of the nation.

As the music starts, two men in ratty outfits are seen crawling to the center of the stage, to the area in front of the DJ booth as two of the Party L members grab some bananas and move to the men. Throwing both men a banana and keeping one each, to act as a fake pistol, the Party L members, that were wearing black glitter suits began their act, the oldest of the three staying behind the DJ booth to handle the controls.

Call us at the Bala*
Laying down, eating banana**
The rhythm of the night
Leaves everything alright

Call us at the Bala
Laying down, eating banana
The rhythm of the night

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

As the Party L members all take off their sunglasses and their pistol-bananas are thrown to the other men, a mix of fireworks and fire shoot out of the stage, giving the entire song a sudden burst of extra energy. A further benefit was the fact that the massive light show took away eyes from the 'prisoners' tearing off their outfits and jumping up, showing that they were not turn-of-the-century inmates but rather professional adult entertainers with terrific bodies. Partying with each other, which primarily featured heated dancing and mutual banana feeding, Party L continued their 'secret agent' dancing, which primarily featured a summer-themed robot dance.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Wha-ha!

As the Wha-ha! is shouted, two women in, for Pracib terms only slightly revealing, police outfits drop in, climbing a rope down to reach the stage and joining the dancing. At the same time, two fold-out chairs are also dropped from the ceiling, albeit without any protection and thus leading to a thud when the stage broke their fall, a thud that was overshadowed by the music. The LED screen behind the stage depicts a visual version of what is sung, with various faces, said faces with a cross through them, a telephone and a artist's rendition of Skála Island Prison finding their way onto the screen.

Friends of any color
Will take steps that will bother
Call us at the Bala
Or you will see the Skála***

Balan, eggös eggi hey!****
Balan, eggös eggi hey!
Balan, eggös eggi hey!

As the two chairs are clapped out by the two Party L members, in a way fitting in their dance, the two women handcuff the two adult entertainers and lead them each to a different chair, starting a lapdance as the next part of the song begins.

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

As this part of the song ends, both the male and female entertainers can be seen with a faux surprised look on their face in regards to the knowledge held by the Luurisvaleitaræn. Releasing the men from their handcuffs, the women are then faux assaulted by the men to reveal an even skimpier outfit under their police outfits.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

The last Party L member joins the other two, holding an enlarged telephone, as they go towards the front of the stage. Hearing the shouts of the excited audience, all three take off their jackets and throw it into the audience, their underlying formal shirts revealing a print on them, the actual public number for the Bala. While it had previously stirred some trouble, the heir to the throne, a personal fan of them, had arranged for the proper clearance.

Call us at the Bala

The enlarged phone was thrown into the air, made possible due to very light materials being used in it's construction, just as another round of pyrotechnics flew into the sky, further pushing the crowd into a frenzy. When the phone reaches it's highest point in the air, it suddenly stays there and rotates heavily, shooting rays of light out of it's antenna into the crowd and onto stage, where Party L had joined in a synchronous dance while the four adult entertainers do their thing further in the middle.

Call us
Call us at the Bala

Friends of any color
Will take steps that will bother
Call us at the Bala
Or you will see the Skála

Balan, eggös eggi
Balan, eggös eggi
Balan, eggös eggi

As the phone reaches the men again, primarily kept in the air due to the warm air from the pyrotechnics and the usage of heavy duty wires, Party L changes their dance back to the summer-inspired and summer-themed robot dance that two of it's members did for most of the song.

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

Turning back to the DJ booth, Party L turns the music into overdrive for the last part with heavy lighting, fireworks and pyrotechnics giving the people the visible variant of the musical overdrive. With almost every line turning into a light and music show, the end of the song became as intense as any good WorldVision winner should be, said winning further encouraged by a subtle flashing message on the massive LED screen stating 'Vote Praciba' and 'Praß Praciba'.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

As the song ends, the biggest mixture of pyrotechnics, fireworks and lights go off, providing a visually blinding experience. When said display finally dies down, the stage is entirely cleared and missing the artists, among all other performers and their equipment, with only one message still seen on the LED screen: 'Vote Praciba!'

*Bala is the nickname for the headquarters of the Pracib secret service, the Luurisvaleitaræn. It comes from the word Balan or knowledge in Pracib.
**This part is a reference to the beginning of the Bala, when it featured a short-term in-house prison, notorious for it's low prison cell ceilings. Prisoners received a single banana per day, which eventually, if the low ceilings didn't, forced the prisoners to lay down due to malnutrition. At night, when everyone was sleeping or enjoying themselves and thus wouldn't hear the sounds, the inmates would be interrogated and those who talked received food, those who didn't talk eventually perished. While no prisoners are held there anymore, the prison currently features a hardcore detox program.
***The Skála Island Prison is the prison where traitors, serial killers, enemies of the state, foreigners awaiting transport, other high-risk inmates and scared straight programs end up. It is in direct Luurisvaleitaræn management, although this is mostly done to keep the prison from mandatory budget cuts due to it's, at times, low inmate number.
****Balan, eggös eggi means so much as 'Knowledge, it's us' or 'Knowledge, that's us' in Pracib
Want to help build a world? Like to roleplay? Come to Werenth and claim your slice of paradise!
Pracib Questionnaire for the Establishment of Worldwide Pracib Numbers - Filling it in is highly appreciated!
The Tästa Þóstellär Group - He Who Touches shall receive you now
Praciba Votes - Lokkeþar | Your opinion matters!
I don't bite and even if I did, you wouldn't feel it anyway. Feel free to send me a telegram, even if you just want to talk.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:30 am

02 MISTER X

Entourage - "My Only".
Tune: One Direction - "One Thing"

WV42, 7th place.

How fitting for Entourage, Mister X's first act, to be representing them at WVYF. They have not changed one iota of their performance: they are wearing black leather trousers, and distinct jumpers - one blue, one red, one green, and one yellow. They are standing on a giant record, which spins around with the four on it at equal points away from one other, facing outward. There's a solitary spotlight upon this record and nothing else.

As the short introduction finishes, the record is spinning so that the person whose line it is is facing the front of the audience:

You went out of my life
But I need you back here,
Don't you leave me hanging-ing,
I'm broken and can't breathe.

Shock me, 'cause you're my high,
I need you tonight,
You will never be free,
'Cause you are my baby.

Any other day now,
I will get to meet you, you see,
And I'm crying out for you now,
'Cause you are my only.

The four then jump off the record and go to the front of the stage and sing in unison for the chorus:

So
Come here, come here, come into my bed,
But you think I'm a cheat, you said,
I don't, I don't, don't know what you're on,
But you are my only, yeah:

You are my only!

They then clamber back onto the record which starts spinning around once more.

Now I'm finding you hot,
But do you like me at all?
If you leave then I'll come back for you,
All day I'm here for you.

Any other day now,
I will get to meet you, you see,
And I'm crying out for you now,
'Cause you are my only.

The four then jump off the record and go to the front of the stage and sing in unison for the chorus:

So

Come here, come here, come out of your home,
So that I can see you soon,
You are my only!

The four of them then go down into the audience and pace around drumming up support, high-fiving the audience as they go.

(Wooooooooooooooooah)
(Wooooooooooooooooah)
(Wooooooooooooooooah)
You are my only!

They run back to the stage as it goes pitch black, save for one solitary spotlight on one of the four.

The lights burst back on.

So

Come here, come here, come out of your home,
So that I can see you soon,
You are my only!

The song finishes and they punch the air in unison to thunderous applause.
Last edited by Mister X on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:06 am

3 - Normandy and Picardy
Jules Vergule - Hurts
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xczAWFjpY

Following the fairly decent result in Lavington in WV45, ÑNÑ (Formerly BNRT), decided to change direction, and so scoured Normandy and Picardy, opening an open submission as well as asking various record companies about the possibility of artists entering (many of which entered entries, considering the popularity of the contest and how it has started careers for many), looking for an artist for the next contest; some, however, claim that the entry had already been decided behind closed doors. No matter how the entry was decided, Jules Vergule was chosen with his song, Hurts. Jules is from the underground scene in Normandy and Picardy, full of the electronic music that doesn't normally make the Normand charts, yet is popular in other countries. He is also a producer, having worked with a menagerie of famous Normand artists, and this has given him a knowledge of what makes a great song. He has worked on over 10 albums and many more singles, and has himself released 5 singles to date, all doing well within a certain community. He was introduced to music during university, where he was studying Law. He had, however, always been involved in music, having been part of a government scheme providing free music lessons for all children from age 10 to 15. It wasn't until his university days he got into the electronic style, called "Leenarstukavat" in Normandy and Picardy, and after he finished his degree in Physics he went fill time into music.

In Oreo City, Jules exceeded all expectations, in Normandy and Picardy, and took away whatever it is you win at WorldVision, and with that his life was changed forever. He has struggled with constantly being in the limelight, both domestically and abroad, but he has carried on doing what he does best, producing music, and has worked with an even wider range of talent before. Most importantly he still loves WorldVision, so when he was asked to appear at the 50th anniversary celebrations, he said yes instantly. He has deliberately shyed away from the media in Scorilo, but has instead focused on preparing for the contest. Her is ready to give another amazing performance, but how will he compare with the rest of the champions of the 40s...

As the song begins, the stage is dimly lit, a faint spotlight shining above Jules who wears grey, skinny jeans, a plain white top and a leather jacket. His hair is flicked up in the popular fashion. A thin layer of smoke covers the screen. At the end of every line, lights at the back of the stage flash on and red, having a distinctly red colour.

We're sailing on a ship of fools
And where we'll end nobody knows
But I will face it all

As Jules sings the second half of the first verse, the lights slightly intensify and the cameras zoom in on Jules, who still stands holding the microphone stand, although during the first line of this bit he holds his hand over his hand, which is beating so quickly that if it went any quicker it would burst out of his chest.

I can not feel my heart grow dark
But I know I have no soul
And that's how I will remain

As the chorus begins, the cameras zoom out again to show the background. Up until this point, the background has remained pitch black, but now shows a background like this. In the background, faint red lights fade on and off to the beat of the song.

And it hurts so much
Pain flows through me
But that sweet release
Takes me so high that I feel at peace

During the verse, the camera pans up and around Jules, with him following it. The background returns to show blackness, but at the end of every line an expanding red ring appears in the centre, expanding outwards and then contracting back into the centre of the screen, as if it was a heart beating. During the second half of the verse the raw, visceral emotion can be seen oozing from every pore of Jules' face; he is putting his emotion in his song, and for the audience at home at least this helps makes the emotions of the song, which can seem quite distant at times, seem more real. As the verse ends ad the chorus is about to begin, he seems to have pulled himself inwards, and the camera turns away.

My heart is gold, my heart is gone
And I've learnt everything that's wrong
Oh I am burning deep inside
I am desire, I am pain
And no matter how much I explain
You will never know how it feels to me

During the chorus, the background from the previous chorus returns, and the smoke layer begins to grow thicker in anticipation of the bridge. The lights in the background are flashing again, but are stronger overall, and the overall lights are tinted red. The cameras continue to pan as Jules sings, looking towards the camera.

And it hurts so much
Pain flows through me
But that sweet release
And it hurts so much
Pain flows through me
But that sweet release

As the bridge begins, the lights turn white but with a trace of blue, and the smoke has built up around Jules' shins. The image in the background is replaced with the blackness once again, but with wisps of thin, blue smoke. A series of white spotlights shine on Jules, as he sings downwards into the microphone and with his knees bent slightly, as well as being slightly hunched, in an attempt to create the emotion needed for this section

I'm cradled by the shadows
And I'm blinded by the light
I can't see the horizon
But I don't care

As the final chorus begins, there is a flash and the background returns and the lights return to being red. The smoke recedes, and the cameras continue there panning around. Jules moves and contorts himself to the music whilst visibly singing with emotion, looking as if he is straining. As he sings the final line, he looks up before falling onto his knees, and the lights fade off.

And it hurts so much
Pain flows through me
But that sweet release
And it hurts so much
Pain flows through me
But that sweet release
And it hurts so much

As the stage crew come on to prepare for the next act, Jules can be heard shouting "Marci" and "Thank You". Will the song have success again? Who knows...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

4 | Ekoz: Max Ønarsson - Unconcious

Postby Ekoz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:25 am

Max Ønarsson, 25, is a well-known and critically acclaimed singer/songwriter. He was reluctant to enter the WorldVision Song Contest due to the STE's style of production; Ønarsson is the first of any Ekozian representatives to be given full creative control of both the song, and his performance. His song, 'Unconscious' was the fastest selling song of 2015, and debuted at number one on the Ekoesestoplistann and stayed there for three non-consecutive weeks.

Max stands centre stage. He is wearing a black tight fitted top accentuating his toned physique, with black skinny jeans and black boots. The stage and LED screen behind him are completely black. The only lighting Max has is from below, half lighting his face, giving off a shadowy image to the viewers. The camera zooms in onto the top half of Max.

Rise and fall, been through it all,
It has led to destruction,
The time has come, to end this endless struggle.

Ohhh

Goodbye, don't you cry.
I will always be with you,
I have to go,
This life I have is worthless,

Max leaves the microphone on its stand and opens his arms to the sides. As the dubstep-esque beat kicks in. The camara pans out into a full view of the stage and strobe lighting begins, in a rather rapid and jolting style with the music. The crowd cheer and roar.

Fall to the floor,
Resist no more,
It's the end, there's no pain,
Take the pill, then let go.
Trust me now, it's better being
Unconscious

As the beat fades, the camera then pans back in onto Max, however from the side. The lighting is still from below, creating the same effect as the first verse. The camera then twirls around Max, giving the viewers a vision of the audience. The viewers see a vaguely dark view of the audience. The camera pans back onto Max facing forward, centre stage. He remains expressionless and dark with his performance style and facial expressions.

Just let go, and slowly fall,
As I enter this darkness,
Life got cold, my story untold
Bury me, in too deep.
No escape from the darkness.
It's over now, finally over, yeah.

The strobe lighting then repeats. Max takes the microphone and starts to jolt around the stage. His facial expressions are representing pain and anguish. He looks directly into the camera whilst singing "it's better being unconscious".

Fall to the floor,
Resist no more,
It's the end, there's no pain,
Take the pill, then let go.
Trust me now, it's better being
Unconscious

As the 'woah' start, the podium in which Max stood on starts to rise. Max sits down cross legged as the backing singers sing the woahs. On the final set of woahs, Max stands. The camera zooms onto Max, who is on the edge of the platform, of which is around a 10 meter drop.

Woah, oh-oh-oh
Woah, oh-oh-oh
Woah, oh-oh-oh

It's better being
Unconscious

On the final "it's better being unconscious, Max throws the microphone, looks into the camera and then falls backwards off the podium. The camera zooms out, showing the empty podium and white LED screen. The crowd erupt as the camera pans to Ekozian fans shouting "Ekoese, Ekoese".

It's better being,
Unconscious
Last edited by Ekoz on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:55 pm

KALOSIA
Goodbye to Yesterday — Lucia Edin
performed in English to the tune of Nacida Para Amar by Nina
original performancewinner's repriseworldvision 43 reprise

As we all know it, Kalosia won the WorldVision Song Contest for the very first (and, as of this performance, only) time during the 42nd edition of the show. And so, it was a no-brainer for Radiu-Televisiune Kalosia to enter this song into WorldVision: Your Favourite, which celebrated 50 editions of the WorldVision Song Contest. WorldVision 50 was of course held in Kalosia and organized by RTVK, but W:YF took place 2 weeks after the final, thus allowing Lucia to perform in Kalosia, particularly the WorldVillage.

This would be her fourth time performing it in an official WorldVision production; the first two being her entry and reprise in the 42nd edition, then her reprise as the opening act of the 43rd contest, and finally here, in Scorilo, competing for, perhaps, another first place (of which then she would perform it a 5th time).

The Kalosian delegation decided to use once again the RTVK Symphony Orchestra's rendition of the song as the backing track, which was what audiences and viewers in 40+ countries heard when Lucia took the stage at WorldVision 42. And this track hasn't been heard since; the same orchestra performed it live when Monterra hosted in '43. The delegation also opted to have the same performance as they did when they won, after all, why fix it if it ain't broke.

Lucia was alone on stage wearing a vibrant red dress. This contrasted with the blue-and-black gradient in the background and made her stand out well. The stage was dim and only a spotlight was cast over Lucia. The opening notes of the song started to play.

Quiet nights, silent cries
Living in sadness, it’s consuming me
My thoughts and struggles will not last
If nothing changes now

Quiet nights, silent cries
God, I have lived such a turbulent life
But the truth is that love is love
The sun is rising, now I’ll say:

A yellow-orange circle faded in, symbolizing a bright sun in a dark sky. Blue stage lights slowly brightened but only slightly, making the stage still stay dim but bright enough for one to make out the shape of the stage.

Goodbye to yesterday
To all the sorrows I’ve left behind
And let’s toast for a new tomorrow
Which I will welcome with my open arms
Goodbye to yesterday

Everything stayed as it is.
Lack of light, violent fights
Walk away from it all, at least I’ll try
For the truth is that love is love
The sun has rose, so now I’ll say:

The white stage lights started to kick in, making the stage slightly brighter.
Goodbye to yesterday
To all the sorrows I’ve left behind
And let’s toast for a new tomorrow
Which I will welcome with my open arms

At the end of the first line of the next part, stage lights fully kicked in and it was now fully illuminated.
Goodbye to yesterday
Won’t care about any past sorrow
For I’ve entered a new tomorrow
Where I’m safe from abuse, from painful memories

Now the lights faded out and the stage was dim like at the beginning of the performance, except for the spotlight. Other than that there was no change.

Goodbye to yesterday

The song ended and was met with ovations by the live audience. Lucia said "Thank you Scorilo, thank you WorldVision!" before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Kalosia on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 pm

06. _Tödlichebujoku_

RUSHING THROUGH THE DARK
-
Kultaiset Pievos

Sitali Aalto - Laima Fujioka - Anselm Rautio

After their successful WV33 entry "Stars", the group Kultaiset Pievos embarked on a number of tours with a variety of acts including those of Tekata and Veli Pinheiro, before working and releasing a new album and taking a break from the music scene. 9 WorldVision contests later, the trio decided to answer TÖBUK's call for professional, experienced acts for its climactic Sinun Valintasi national final. Being a last-minute addition to the final, Kultaiset Pievos shot to the top of the competition and handily won the final, receiving top points from a majority of voters.
Made up of lead singers Sitali Aalto and Laima Fujioka and instrumentalist Anselm Rautio, Kultaiset Pievos's folk-rock style has been surprisingly popular in the dance and pop-dominated music business. While their WV33 entry "Stars" covered themes of friendship and death, their WV42/43 entry covers betrayal and resistance to change. With the WV42 time skip, worries had been abounding that the appeal of the song may have faded outside of the nation, but the world clearly did not think so, selecting it as the winner of WorldVision 43. As a result, Kultaiset Pievos became TÖBUK's first choice for Tödlichebujoku's "Your Favorites" entry, fighting off top ten entries like ZTA and Sudet's "Single Tear", Gabija and Henrik's "Set Us Free", and Pyórremyrsky's double whammy of "Save Us" and "Bullets" in the combination jury and public vote. With both WV:YF and WV50 occuring at the same time, the suspense is sky-high and Tödlichebujoku's WV fans find themselves wishing success to Kultaiset Pievos, Meike Krause, and Veli Pinheiro tonight. Will "Rushing Through The Dark" live up to the other 40's winners? And if so, will it measure up to "Cyanide Eyes"? No matter what happens, viewership is expected to be truly monumental tonight.

Elated by their earlier win, and the amazing tour that followed, Kultaiset Pievos have been relaxing a bit. Just back from a run of charity tours raising funds for poverty and disaster relief, Sitali, Anselm, and Laima are excited to perform in Scorilo, and maybe even against Veli Pinheiro- though of course that's not terribly likely with so many top-notch acts. With clear minds and maybe a bit of nervousness in their hearts, the trio stepped onto the stage, and the show began.

The stage momentarily gleams blue, and the screen's various edges glint, before "shattering" as the slowly illuminated Sitali sings. A net-like lattice is revealed, which promptly tears in half
My trust is glass
You hammer through
And tear my safety net

Laima is illuminated into view, and the screen shows red smoke with a hand holding on to a fraying thread
I'm not the first
To be this cursed
And hold on by a thread

Together, the two belt out the next lines, as the view zooms in and spotlights sweep in onto the stage
But you don't ever seem to give a thought
You don't ever seem to truly mind
And you don't ever seem to understand the carnage that you leave behind

The stage turns into a abstract landscape with a setting sun. Laima and Sitali turn to each other during the first line, then turn back toward the audience
Five years or ten years of waiting before we are through
Still you can't tell the truth

The setting sun turns into a faint orb, barely visible through what appears to be rapidly moving fog. Sitali and Laim step forward, looking toward the viewers and audience in an almost accusing manner
You've been rushing through the dark
Betraying every friend
I'm not the only one who's done with you if you won't stop this trend

The orb darkens and flashes briefly, then returns to its former state. Sitali and Laima's expressions turn from accusatory to weary, almost pleading to the audience
You can turn your back and go
To barge on through your life
But you'll be forever rushing through the dark

The spotlights and view focus on Anselm as he steps forward and strums the instrumental with a modified electric guitar. Strobe lights flicker from the stage and on the screen, cutting through the virtual fog

As the instrumental ends, Laima and Sitali begin again. The strobe lights fade out and the stage's screens show dark red smoke, with a sudden clearing (like a drop of ink in water, but reversed) in the center, where an animation of a weight dropping into an open hand is shown

I let you go
Gave you a chance
To grasp your final toll

The hand drops the weight, which dissolves into black smoke and takes over the screens
The souls you've torn to bitter shreds
The damage that's been done

The spotlights sweep in on the stage, and Sitali and Laima appear exasperated. The background screen shows the sunset animation, which repeats and speeds up to show the passage of time
Still you can't see the truth

The spotlights sweep out over the audience, as if releasing pent-up energy. The sped-up sunset animation darkens and desaturates, as a smoky effect pervades the scene, so that it looks almost like a comet tearing through a dark gas cloud.
Betraying every friend

The spotlights sweep out vertically on each side of the stage into the arena, as Laima and Sitali rip the microphones from their stands and step toward the edge of the stage
Force would never help us, nor
Would it ever with you
Nothing can stop you from rushing through the dark

Sparks shoot out of the stage as Anselm starts the electric guitar instrumental, and Sitali and Laima stride down the runway platform. Behind them, the comet animation's perspective shifts so that the comet is viewed straight on
Oh... Rush through the dark

The comet darkens so that it resembles the faint orb from earlier on, with a projection of the sped-up sunset animation projected over it with a light screen of mist. Sitali and Laima sing from near the end of the runway, as the lights around the stage shine out over the audience, sweeping and morphing like the walls and ceiling of a massive unstable room of light. The view starts off revolving closely around the two before spiraling up and out, encompassing the entire stage, then alternates between shots of Anselm playing and of Laima and Sitali singing
When will you see the truth?

Betraying every friend

You can turn your back and go
To barge on through your life
But you'll be forever rushing through the dark

Lights shine out from the edge of the stage as fog pours down from the sides of the stage, and plumes rise from the edge of the main stage floor

The view zooms in on Laima and Sitali, who look to the viewers with a look of hope and understanding
You still can change now
Your future lies within your heart
Release the light to pierce the dark

They take a breath
Pierce through the dark

A faint layer of fog and smoke hangs over the stage, backlit by spotlights. Anselm's silhouette poses in the center, and Sitali and Laima stand before it

As the smoke and fog clear, Anselm joins Laima and Sitali at the runway. "Kiitos kaikille, Scorilo! Thank you all so much!" they shout, and exit the stage.

The rush of performing in WorldVision had lost none of its potency even with their earlier WV43 performance and the intervening time. Sitali, Anselm, and Laima crashed into their green room seats in a sort of a dazed excitement, and kept an eye open for the next entry...
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

South Bourbonstan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

07-South Bourbonstan

Postby South Bourbonstan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:48 am

07 | SOUTH BOURBONSTAN

Ella And The Ocean - Just Go! (Jenifer-Les Jours Electriques)

South Bourbonstan, after years of deciding, finally has joined the contest! With this year's entrant, Ella And The Ocean with 'Just Go!'. Ella And The Ocean are culture icons in South Bourbonstan. All hailing from Bièreton City. United by music, the group released their first single,'What Is Love (Without You)', and came 10th in the charts.

[align=center]The stage goes dark as the music begins.The stage background is a zig zag with each column either moving up/down.,
The stage lights come up as the audience can see the band, the camera focuses on Ella.
As the ‘pops’ are heard the cameras switch from side to side and finally back on Ella.

You give me hell,
But you don’t care,
You don’t really,
Hopes this rings a bell,

A wide shot of the band is shown.
It then moves to Ella as she moves across the stage.

I’ve waited for years,
To speak out,
To tell the actual story,
Now I’ll shout loud,
I’ll tell the whole world,
So everyone knows,
What you did,

The wind machine is turned on.
The lights flash as if there is a flickering light.
The stage goes black
The camera shifts to a low camera facing upwards.

At the top of the world,
To tell you just leave,
To tell you to just go,
So I’ll shout loud,
At the top of the world,
To tell you just leave,
To tell you to just go,
To just go,

Ella looks at an audience member as she says the last few lines.
The wind machine is turned off.
Ella does a little dance, including flicking her hair.
Every drum beat the background flashes either yellow or white.

I don’t care what you say,
It won’t get away,
From the truth,
The undeniable fact,
Go tell the world,
Go tell them all,
See how many will believe
You,

The wind machine is turned on, again.
The background goes black and the lights flicker again.

So I’ll shout loud,
At the top of the world,
To tell you just leave,
To tell you to just go,
So I’ll shout loud,
At the top of the world,
To tell you just leave,
To tell you to just go,
To just go,

Paper is thrown into the wind machine.

To just go,
I’m not chained to you anymore,
I’m free,
And I don’t need you
I’m not chained to you anymore,
I’m free,
And I don’t need you
(Go, Go, Go)
And I don’t need you

Ella moves to the stage peninsula.
She dances.

(Go,Go,Go)
Aaaah, Just go!

Ella puts her fist in the air as the stage goes dark and then returns neutral.
She leaves the stage saying "Thank you, Scorilo!"
RED
AMBER
BLACK SPECIAL
BLACK
[WHITE]

TG me for a chat, It won't hurt.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kwadai » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Song 8. Kwadai
Artist: Haya al Kuwari
Song Title: "Once Again"
Melody: Loreen - Sidewalk

Twenty five year old Haya al Kuwari, is back in WorldVision's attention "Once Again" this time to represent her nation at the anniversary special "Your Favourites" edition. Haya describes her song, as being a way of telling people it's ok to stand up for yourself, make your own decisions and learn from them.

The stage opened up with as a black screen with steel grey and white raindrops falling down it as if it were a window. Haya was seated sideways on a cube shaped object in the centre of the stage while the floor appeared to moving, it resembled a road, but with cracks on it. It resembled a road yet with cracks on it. Her outfit was different too, now she wore a flowing ash coloured dress, lined with a silver web (somewhat similar to what Dami Im wore at ESC 2016, just less shiny and smaller)

I was left in a world of black, white and grey

Wondering what all of this was for

I can understand what went wrong
It never was one drink too many

Haya remained sitting as she turned around to face the audience for the chorus, starting with a high note. The stage transformed into a a night sky with occasional sheets of white lights bathing the audience in light.

But now, it's my turn to roll the dice

I've decided
The road I'll follow takes a different direction

You're deleted
There's no space for you in my mind

There is no heaven for you my friend

Time to open my eyes again

Haya slid gently off the block and began walking to the front of the stage which had changed colour to a street scene on the screen with lamps and dark clouds overhead. She extended her arms outwards as if trying to reach out to someone, but pulled it back seconds later.

When I think about it I can see

You never really cared about what's right for me

You turned me into someone else

We all can see how you're ink has stained this part of me

Now that she was standing up, Haya became more lively and smiled warmly as she sang with cracks appearing as grey lines on black before bursting and washing the stage and audience in a bath of more white and electric blue. Exactly like her WV performance.

I've decided

You're deleted

Haya looked more solemn for the next part of the song with the stage reflecting this by dimming the lights to a glittering shimmer, like the moon on the oceans surface.

You'd think when we were together

I would have been calm and at peace

But now I see I'm right to stand up

I was down but now I'm back on my feet

Once again...My eyes are open once again

As the song ended the explosive light returned with a few shots of fire appearing in front of the stage while Haya finished the song.

I've decided

You're deleted

Having finished singing, Hays paused to let the audience cheer before speaking again. "Shukran!", she exclaimed as it was time for her to finish., but Kwadaian flags waved wildly among the crowd.
Last edited by Kwadai on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:42 pm

09. Polkopia
Justina Vlašic - "Death"
Language: English
Tune: Natalia Jiménez - Creo en Mi

Justina Vlašic won the 44th edition of the Worldvision Song Contest, held in Yaru-Bzheriut, Talvezout, and now she was internally selected by the PNB to conpete in the "Your Favorites" Edition of the Worldvision Song Contest, held in Polkopia!

Justina stood on the stage, draped in a classy outfit consisting of black pants, black high heels, a black hat, and a white shirt covered in part by a black jacket. She knew that, by performing first, there was a lot of pressure on her, but she felt as though it was an honor to open this extravagant event with her song, "Death", which she wrote herself. The stage, of course, was dark, as she hadn't begun her performance yet, but once it did, a blue spotlight would illuminate Justina as she looked into the audience. Smaller spotlights shone on the stage around her, forming a circle around her made out of other, blue circles. The background was a deep shade of navy blue, almost like a dark, starless sky, though a shooting star would occasionally be seen shooting across the screen. The camera panned around her as she began to sing.

I remember the last time I saw you
Your eyes shone so bright and full of life.
Wish I had known what went on behind them
Behind that icy blue stare and your smile.

Would've crushed your fears, your pain, your despair
Done anything to bring you back to me today...

At the drop of the beat, Justina extended her arms to either side and the lights flickered on. The background showed a large tree being struck by lightning and igniting in a powerful fire. Justina's eyes seemed to reflect the blaze as she sang.

Ooohoh... Ooohoh... Woah...
Never, Never, Never leave me.
Just stay-ay-ay with me.

The fire seemed to burn all the leaves off of the tree in the background, but the tree still stood, though still on fire, but barely. The fire which once seemed massive and destructive, now burned at a dull pace, the scene almost looking mesmerizing to anyone seeing it from the front. She closed her eyes, but only for a second, and grabbed the microphone stand angerly, singing into the microphone.

That knife which took your precious life away
Also took much more than that.
Woah...
When you left you took my childhood friend
The only one I could trust and love.

There's nothing to be said, you're gone, goodbye, you're dead
Sing a song to make the pain go away...

Justina slowly raised her fist in the air as she sang the first line of "Ooh's", then brought both her arms to her chest, almost in a pleading position. The background now slowed a flock of crows flying to an unknown destination, past clouds and other birds.

Just stay-ay-ay with me.

The background now panned up from the crows into the sky, which was overcast and gray. Little droplets of rain would fall down and 'splash' on the camera.

Every time I think of you
The tears will fall in open view
I cannot hide it, I can't help myself.

If I had just one wish
I'd be to bring you here
Back to me, where we'd be here....

Ooohoh... Ooohoh...

Justina clenched her jaw and spread her arms out again, a single tear falling out of her left eye. The background became blurry as the water droplets flooded the screen, distorting the image. She stood in the center of the stage, and the pedestals she stood on started to slowly rise in the air as she sang the last chorus.

Just stay-ay-ay with me.

Justina wiped the tear away, cleared her throat, and said "Thank you." softly into the microphone before taking leave.
Last edited by Polkopia on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:48 am

.:: 10 - The Sarian ::.
.:: Harriet Engels - Revolution ::.

.:: Language(s): English ::.

To the tune of: Florence and the Machine - No Light, No Light

Wearing a cloak with a raised hood, and standing in a parting of the crowd, Harriet stood. She had played many shows before, but somehow she felt this was the biggest. The drummers, standing next to her began beating, they too were stood wearing hoods, with large drums - reminiscent more of 16th century warfare then of any musical instrument in use today. Letting her drummers lead her, they began moving slowly towards the currently barren stage.

Coming onto the stage was a choir, primarily made up of children and pre-teens, but also containing some older members - all of which were chosen from local show-choir groups, they were dressed up as the oppressed proletariat - flat caps, ripped trousers, factory wear or faces covered with soot; it was like something out of a school production of a Dickens, they began their 'ooing' as Harriet finally made it onto the stage, her hood still raised.

People dying, underfed
Parents crying, children dead
Show no emotion, be a machine
Hanging on by a thread

Living on life's frontier
Wake up every morning filled with fear
Every day you lose your heart
We've all bled, we've played our part

As the chorus begun, Harriet ripped off her cloak, revealing a sparkling red dress and her wicked brown hair. More people entered the stage, this time dancers, dressed in the same dickensian proletariat costumes as the choir, though eagle eyed viewers might notice that they were wearing red armbands. They began dancing an almost polynesian war dance behind Harriet as she sang at the front of the stage, looking fierce. The choir continued to support her, now standing at the wings of the stage, whilst the two drummers stood, one either side, still cloaked.

Tonight we fight, for every child who's died
Can't waste another life and stay silent
The revolution will come today
For too long it's the many who've been betrayed

We'll make no return, to yesterday
Tonight we fight
(We fight)
The revolution comes today

When the chorus subsides, the dancers sink to the floor, and as Harriet begins singing the next verse, they begin to rise slightly higher at each line, going from lying on the floor, to crouching slightly in a golem like pose, to crouching marginally higher, before standing almost upright, albeit with bent backs.

Yell out loud ,oh, shout it out, oh,
Say we're not just workers with no names or faces, oh
Adversity caused our fight
Tomorrow we're free, keep the fight till daylight

Suddenly, the all stand upright, like a army ready for battle. Quickly, arranging themselves into lines, they begin marching on the spot behind Harriet, an image amplified by the screen behind the stage, making it look like thousands upon thousands of people are marching behind her.

Here comes the revolution,
Here comes the class fight
The people's liberation,
It's time to make it right
Here comes the revolution
Escape from destitution

Tonight we fight
(We fight)

Like she's been shot, Harriet falls to the floor, and begins to sing, leaning over the stage like a wounded warrior reaching for her sword. The dancers stop their marching behind her, some rush over to her and unsuccessfully try and pull her up, whilst overs visibly flee as the verse, some leaving the stage from the back, others from the front into the crowd, until there are just half a dozen dancers remaining by the end of it.

Time to be free-eeeee,
Together, we will overcome
And we will stay free,
If we remember what we've found
Removed the scars from life,
Strength is in the crowd...

As Harriet sings the long note, she begins to rise again. The choir moves into the centre of the stage, and purposefully put on the same red arm bands that the dancers were wearing earlier, they raise their right arms in unison and triumph.

Tonight, we fight

Here comes the revolution,
Here comes the class fight
The people's liberation,
It's time to make it right
Escape from destitution
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

11 | Estogium | "Healer" by Ellie Morgent

Postby Estogium » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:15 am

#11 Estogium
Ellie Morgent - "Healer"
Tune : Molly Sandén - "Youniverse"
Ellie Morgent during rehearsals singing "Healer"

2nd Place: WorldVision 48

Ellie Morgent is a girl from Darlington, the Capital of Estogium. She is only 21 years old and was born April 16th. Ellie Morgent is quite new to the music scene. She wanted to be a singer ever since she started to watch "Mehlodhifehstivalhen: Britonisea" which inspired her to represent Estogium in one way or another. She didn't mind whether it be a regional contest or World Hit Festival or even WorldVision Song Contest. When she was given the right to represent Estogium at the World Hit Festival, she said "I am really please to send the song "Healer" to the World Hit Festival - especially as it will help me improve my stage presence. I would love this opportunity not to be my last!"

Unfortunately for her, she didn't get the result she wanted in Caen, Normandy and Picardy which led to calls to leave the World Hit Festival and let Ellie Morgent go to WorldVision Song Contest for a more accurate result given to her. "I felt as though I did my best in Caen," She said to ENTV, the WorldVision Broadcaster for Estogium. "I really did my best. I hoped we won win the contest and get our first song contest in Estogium's borders...But it wasn't meant to be" she said. "I will try my best next in WorldVision, making those little tweaks, as I really want to win for Estogium. Our highest place is not a podium finish - I want this to become a reality."

After performing in Talvezout, she placed 2nd with 117 points - which was the highest for Estogium beating Elektroe's 4th place. As she was the best Estogian, she was decided to sing here to compete against the best songs.

Ellie stood there wearing this white robe on. She looked glorious on stage - but she just stood there. The camera slowly came closer to her as the stage filled up with smoke. After the stage floor was covered with smoke. The song started - by this time. The camera was on a close up to her. The music started and the crowd quietened.

Look down, deep inside.
Tell me what is right.
Follow the light, or follow my soul.

As the camera zoomed out, you could see that dancers - dressed like Ellie - came out on stage and started to circle around her, however, they were on a lower level than her - almost crawling on the floor...hidden by the misty fog though still very visible. The crowd didn't notice the dancers first time, but as they could see a disturbance on the stage they began to notice them.

Thoughts messed in my mind.
I can't realise,
Where I'm going, where I'm heading

The aura in the arena was one of a calm one - the audience didn't cheer, though they just watched the spectacle on stage unfold before their eyes. As the dancers began to rise and the smoke machines stopped "smoking." Ellie broke away from the circle of dancers near to the edge of the stage. And as the stage's screen corresponded with the colours Ellie was wearing, you could start to see that the floor under her had a picture of the universe.

No time to lose, no time to wait,
My fate, is in the palms of you.
In the clutch of you.

The camera shot looked from top to bottom and Ellie looked up at the camera. Meanwhile, the floor of the stage was of someone's hand clutching Ellie and therefore, she curled up in to a small ball. As she was down she started to whisper the lyrics to her song. As soon as the chorus was about to start, she jumped up to face the front of a chanting audience.

Tick-Time Bomb, I'll be gone,
Bleeding out - throughout.
You are my doctor - You are my healer!
Heart rate drops, breathing stopped,
Falling, dreaming.
You are my savior - You are my healer!

When she sang "Bomb" and "Gone" a large white flash was transported from the stage to the arena. At this moment of time, the camera was focused on Ellie and she looked deep in to the camera. As the chorus progressed, the stage was flashing the purest white light in to the audience. It almost looked like a lot of thunder and lightning happening at once. The fan machines were cranked up a notch higher making her hair flourish back alongside the wind.

Unmissable, you are.
You are my guiding star.
You're unique,
You are sublime,
Unmissable, yes, yes, you are...

The dancers got a white sheet, a very large sheet and the fan machine blew them up in to the sky creating this, to describe it well, white flame. The camera focused on the sheets before zooming out on to her, where she was looking in to the camera.

No time to lose, no time to wait,
My fate, is in the palms of you.
In the clutch of you.

As she pointed to the camera, "you" the dancers in the back stretched out to the person adjacent to them. Ellie Morgent walked fowards, more towards the camera, and she smiled before singing the next part to her song. The lights flickered as she began;

Tick-Time Bomb, I'll be gone,
Bleeding out - throughout.
You are my doctor - You are my healer!
Heart rate drops, breathing stopped,
Falling, dreaming.
You are my savior - You are my healer!

The stage was dark now. Nothing. It was empty with all but one spotlight on her. She had her head to the stage floor and she started to sing, building in dynamic as she sung every word. You could hear the crowd cheering in the background. Her hair was swept back by the fan machines. The camera watched the next happenings from a far. Then, she stood in the middle of the stage, and in the back, you could see that she was standing in front of an empty Car Lott which was one above on a high level. She raised her hands up in to the sky as, what seemed like, little pearl sparkles started to form a circular shape between her left and her right arms which she raised in the air.

Healer
Ooh-Healer, My savior. Savior-oh!

As she sang this part of the song, A similar effect which is in the video happened on the WorldVision stage. As she sang "Savior-oh," white beams shot up in to the sky from the floor of the stage, creating a spectacular, amazing sight as she bent her body over, squeezing her stomach tightly with pain, trying to reach the note that she really wanted - at the climax point of the song.

Bleeding out - No way out!
You are my doctor, You are my healer.

After a climax point, the stage turned blue and calmed down. It was similar to the start of the song. Just calm and a tranquil - a total contrast to what just happened. If you could hear closely, you would notice that there was a waterfall in the background trickling. It was off stage, though, and therefore that was the reason why you couldn't see it. The lights faded away as the spotlight focused on her, the main person on the stage.

No time to lose, No time to wait
Gone is my fate, I can't be late...
My healer,
You and I

As she said "You" she pointed down the camera and she held that position until the song finished. "Thanks, everyone! Thanks so much!" She smiled and bowed. She thought that this was a more confidence performance than the one at the World Hit Festival, but maybe not as euphoric as WorldVision 48.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:36 pm

12. IZMEDU
NemaMinorca & Konstanca Vrebac - Hearts of Iron

(tune lasts until 4:37 on the video)
Original Performance in Yaru-Bzheriut

Around the start of WorldVision 49, RTI began to prep for the possibility of a special commemorative event that would take place during the golden edition, more specifically the possibility of a golden 'best of' contest similar to the one that ran alongside WorldVision 40. While most in the channel suspected that such an event may not occur, planning among a certain few of RTI's WorldVision team continued regardless. The top 3 that the channel wanted to represent the country again, in the contest, namely the famed Izmeduan trio of the WorldVision 42 to 44 entrants (Terezija Novak, Poslie Postojanje, and NemaMinorca & Konstanca Vrebac) all luckily announced their willingness to participate, much to the channel's grateful relief. As Kalina Ercegovic rehearsed in Prescott, the channel requested that all 3 artists 're-submit' their song as well as potential/foreseen performance changes that could arise.

Throughout the process, many eagle-eyed fans thought the selection would be easily handed to Poslie Postojanje and their song, “Reckoning,” with its critical acclaim even greater than Izmedu's lone victory with “Illusion.” However, as RTI pored through and discussed with the three artists closely as to who would be sent to a special event, there was one song whose changes were dramatically altered from the original performance as a whole, creating a line to 'improve' and surpass it from its original form. Under the unanimous blessings of the Izmeduan WorldVision team as well from the WV entrants present, RTI elected to choose NemaMinorca & Konstanca Vrebac's “Hearts of Iron” as the eventual WorldVision: Your Favorites entry.

Since “Hearts of Iron” secured 2nd place in WorldVision 44, the song began to develop into a phenomena that was unique for an Izmeduan WorldVision entry. It is less remembered for being a successful Izmeduan entry and instead has grown into an anthem of persistence, survival, and strength. The song had become especially popular among those who were going through mental health struggles as well as people who had suffered from physical disabilities. The song's renewed and long-standing popularity owed to its more unique perspective on overcoming hardship. It acknowledged the pain of suffering and its inescapable nature, while also providing one line of hope at the end. Not the joyous sense of hope, but the determination to survive despite the odds. It is these themes that allowed the song to to flourish beyond the WorldVision stage back in Phoda.

It has been six editions since NemaMinorca & Konstanca have touched an international stage. For Miran and TI Blazevic of the synthpop duo, they have since released 2 successful albums that launched them towards mainstream Izmeduan success. The WorldVision buoy had allowed NemaMinorca to gather an increased audience as they became known for creating dramatic electronic tracks for movies, trailers, etc. Despite the new sonical typecasting, NemaMinorca became far more experimental in their music as the 2020s wore on. Konstanca Vrebac, in contrast, has stepped out of the limelight since appearing WorldVision 44. Due to the entry's legacy as well as being its lead vocal, she inadvertently became the face of “Hearts of Iron,” and in a sense, the entry had become 'hers' and hers alone. As a result, she became an advocate for mental health and the receiver of many stories from fans. They were stories of the song being a source of solace, inspiration, motivation, comfort, and as well as catharsis.

These stories, these moments of confessions from her fans, and the song's budding legacy... This is what NemaMinorca & Konstanca brought to Scorlio, Polkopia in light of the revelations of the WorldVision: Your Favorites edition. Despite the one-point loss haunting some hardcore Izmeduan fans, there was no lingering hard feelings for the country that they lost to as the trio explored the sights of Scorlio. Konstanca herself was awed by the Polkopian architectures of the castles and fortresses that dot right outside the city, and made a point to visit and keep memories while on break from extensive rehearsals of the entry.

There was a lot riding on NemaMinorca & Konstanca as they waved the flag for their country once again. In a twist of fate, some astute fans have noted the irony of the trio competing alongside the entry they replaced in WorldVision 44 (which is now the primary Izmeduan entry in WorldVision 50). During domestic promo, there was no hard clear feelings between Konstanca and Marija as both hugged each other after a large RTI press conference detailing the larger plans for WorldVision 50. Now, as the moment of fate approached, Konstanca took one last look at the NemaMinorca... With a tight hug between all three, Konstanca was notified of her cue...

She walked out onto that stage, taking a deep breath...

Stage lights billowed down to the center as Konstanca was situated at the dead center of the Icicle Hall's stage. The cheer from the Izmeduan contingent was considerably loud, seeing as the runners-up of WorldVision 44 were about to perform again. With the stage in absolute darkness, white background lights began to illuminate the stage as a 'whirring' can be heard for audience members that can hear through the remnants of cheers. Shortly after, there was a series of drum beats that coincided with a flashing of stronger white lights, all of which shone down on Konstanca.

After those beats, the electronic instrumentation proper started as the screen began to display a stream of blue shooting stars on all 3 screens that all conglomerated into a center that was approximately near Konstanca's position. The sight looked like particle streams that trained on the singer, as the camera alternated from a slowly panning stage-wige view that edged left to a closer view of Konstanca imposed on the screen that was timed to song's drum beats. During this, Konstanca had her arms held out, as if welcoming the streams into her as she seemed to stand defiantly against the effects on the screen, looking almost like a statue that withstood the test of time. As the song's instrumental intro began to close, the drum beats paced faster to the point where it began to convulse the screens into chaos, before dissolving into a purple mist on the screens that caused the Icicle Hall's interior to be imbued in a similar color palette of purple light.

A dying world, eclipsed in darkness
Fading souls, broken minds
That remain unyielding

The camera faded to a closer view of Konstanca as the electronic production calmed down, a white spotlight shining on her against the haunting purple lights that were being shone around the Icicle Hall that revealed her to be wearing this dress. Similar to her original performance in Yaru-Bzheriut, Konstanca pronounced each syllable carefully, deliberately being slow as she held one arm out to the camera. Behind her, the purple smoke pulsed to the underlying beats of the production, as each contracting it as each beat added a sort of development to the floor screen, a 'root' of purple that slowly developed into smoke. As the first verse progressed, the camera began to distance itself away from Konstanca as red lights began to flash in the Icicle Hall at the verse's end, Konstanca's vocals becoming more forceful.

The path of grief is an endless road
Until our last breath
Transcend the pain
There is no mercy, no joy

The purple mist dissolved in a shockwave with a flick of Konstanca's hand at the start of the chorus, being replaced by an orange red version of the introductory presentation of shooting stars rushing towards the center of the three-tiered LED screens. In contrast to the original performance in WorldVision 44, Konstanca was far more active in her movements, kneeling down and pushing onwards as appropriate as she belted out the chorus with her resonant voice echoing throughout the icicle hall. The red streaks of light also responded to her choice arm movements, with some seeping down on the floor and surrounding her in a whirlpool like fashion. Through this, the camera switched to various sweeping views of the stage, with choice close ups when Konstanca's vocals were most resonant and powerful.

At the end of the chorus' first half, a red shockwave pierced the three-tiered screens, changing the directions of the streaks of orange-red light to go towards the floor and towards Konstanca herself. During that, the lights flashed an even brighter red throughout the Icicle Hall as the camera caught this view stage-wide. She ended that chorus with her face down, hand fisted as if about to command the lights away.

Pride, is our fall
Persistence is true power
Strengthen your spirit, our end draws nigh
Outlast torment and agony

With a free arm across her neck, the orange-red streaks of light and the red hue of the Icicle Hall on the screens disappeared and was replaced by gray smoke on the three-tiered screens. The camera initially closed up on her face as she walked forward away from the center of the stage towards the audience, with her singing the second verse as deliberately and slowly as the first. At the end of the second line, the camera switched out to a stage-wide view to of pictures of various of people appearing one by one on the three-tiered screen, timed to the orchestral flourish after 'persistence is true power.' Similar to WorldVision 44's effects, but the people there weren't wartorn. They were the survivors of mental health issues, depression, hopelessness... Their weary faces dotted the screen, gradually filling out the three-rowed screens.

The camera returned to a close up of Konstanca as she finished off the rest of the verse, the floor screen beneath her turning into a mound of ash and dust that swirled around her. The white lights that took over for this verse began to flash a grim red as drum beats began to appear. Returning back to the center at the end of the verse, she began to raise an arm upwards, in tribute to the people behind her. With the dramatic last line of the verse, coincided with the flashing of lights to the powerful drum beats, she seemed to 'command' the lights to move towards the audience's direction, the red lights being forcefully thrown to the audience as they faded to the instrumental calm.

At the song's moment of gentleness, the pictures on the screen began to gradually fade one by one, as Konstanca vocalized a falsetto with the background singers. This was seen through a wider view of the stage from the camera fading to that particular angle, with each dissolving image being transformed into a wisp of white, ghost-like particles that floated down towards the bottom, filling the floor screens ever-so-slowly and beginning to float around Konstanca.

We must remain extant
In suffering we must endure, we fight on

The camera faded to a rotating close up of Konstanca's face during this two-line bridge, her vocals, nearly fragile and wavering, grew more resonant as she sang the brief bridge. The mold of ash that was on the screens was now replaced with the ghost-like material beginning to consolidate into a fog. Red lights began to flash around the Icicle Hall arena once more, drum beats beginning to dominate the proceedings as the song built up to its final two refrains of the chorus.

Until our last breath
Transcend the pain
There is no mercy, no love

Konstanca nearly convulsed forward as she launched herself towards the song's climactic moment, her vocals being at its most resonant as she belted out the chorus once more. Her free hand fisted as she stood defiant against the chaos of the stage effects around her. On the screens, streaks of blood red 'shooting stars' began to move about wantonly throughout the three tiers, in contrast to the organized way of movement from the earlier refrains of the chorus. In a way, these streaks reflected the lyrics, they created a 'path' on the floor screens as some moved downwards, dissolving the white fog in their wake and creating a whirlpool of shooting stars around Konstanca. A stronger shockwave of red light then reverberated through the screens midway through the chorus, causing every light in the Icicle Arena to flash a blood red as the streaks of neverending light began to go towards the audience, despite them not being able to pierce the screens themselves.

Until our last breath
Transcend the pain
There is no mercy, no hope

The final refrain of the chorus brought Konstanca's vocal abilities to their limits as she vocalized and pushed her belts even further than before, with the background vocalists performing impassioned vocalized cries that complemented the stronger power of this particular refrain. The instrumentation itself now had more of an orchestral flair as horns sounds were audible, reverberating through the Icicle Hall. The effects on the screens continued on endlessly, with the floor becoming engulfed in a mass of red that mimicked the original whirlpool effects from Yaru-Bzheriut, only stopping at the center to surround Konstanca. At every drum beat of this chorus, the lights kept flashing in various shades of red and white, alternating between each color as the camera moved from close-up shots of Konstanca making movements with her body and arms, to brief views of the effects on stage through a slow pan.

At the end of the chorus, she didn't relent, unleashing one powerful belt and ensuing vocal line that caused her to take a step back and hold one arm up, fisting it, as the camera circled around her. With a brief close up after that, she vocalized that same belt once more, crouching down due to its raw power and the camera catching her impassioned and pained vocal expression. Through this, the music also reached its peak, the horns interspersed with the electronic production climaxing into a high note. In response to the vocals, the shooting stars on the screens began to collide with each other, creating a mass and series of brief explosions on the screen that caused the reality within that screen to almost 'tear' apart. After that vocalization, Konstanca only crouched down further, her dress billowing in response.

Never falter to weariness

The camera, switching to a stage-wide view relatively close to Konstanca, began to slowly zoom out as she sang that line, remaining crouched down from earlier as the stage effects devolved further into chaos with bot hands on the microphone. The lights remained a grim red as red tears were visible from the colliding of red streaks, with the ground screen now truly transformed into the whirlpools from WorldVision 44. For one second, it looked as if Konstanca could've truly been swalloed whole by that screen effect. However, through a final shockwave effect, all images on the screen dissolved from a flash of white after a series of drum beats, the song softening to its conclusion as Konstanca had only one line left...

Never falter to hopelessness

The camera made one final close-up on Konstanca, with her on her knees, for this one line as all that was left was a spotlight on Konstanca. She sang this one line with as much gusto as she could, her voice resonant despite her body nearly trembling from the exhaustion of singing the song. During this final line, Konstanca reached out one fragile arm towards the camera, her face almost to the brink of emotional collapse, pleading the viewer with her parting lyrics. That arm was visibly trembling, and fell as soon as the line ended, the spotlight on her fading as only a shadowed outline of her face remained visible. The song parted with a last few strains of orchestra, a haunting, almost sinister final notes that resonated throughout the Icicle Hall. After that final note, the spotlight on Konstanca fully faded...

As a loud cheer commenced, the regular lights in the Icicle Hall turned back on, revealing Konstanca to be quite moved from the response as well as slightly shaking from the performance.

“Thank you Scorilio... Thank you so much.” Konstanca breathed, then promptly returned backstage.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Cheongji
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheongji » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:18 am

13. Cheongji

F.A.M., unabbreviated as Fierce but Attractive Women, is a Gimian girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2014 A.D. They made their debut with the digital single Happiness, which was released August 4, 2014 A.D.

Dumb is a song that describes the annoyance by girls when boys do not listen to what their girlfriends are saying and telling them what to do.

The group is composed of five members: Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri.

Irene (Gimian: 아이린) was born as Bae Joo Hyeon (Gimian: 배주현) on March 29, 1991 (Age: 24) in West Ansan, Gim. She is the leader, main rapper and lead dancer of the group.

Seulgi was born as Kang Seul Gi (Gimian: 강슬기) on February 10, 1994 (Age: 21) in South Ansan, Gim. She is the lead vocalist and main dancer of the group.

Wendy (Gimian: 웬디) was born as Son Seung Wan (Gimian: 손승완) on February 21, 1994 (Age: 21) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the main vocalist of the group.

Joy (Gimian: 조이) was born as Park Soo Young (Gimian: 박수영) on September 3, 1996 (Age: 19) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the lead rapper and vocalist of the group.

Yeri (Gimian: 예리) was born as Kim Ye Rim (Gimian: 김예림) on March 5, 1999 (Age: 16) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the rapper and dancer for the group.

Translation is on the right of each stanza of the lyrics and is parenthesized.

Stage is dark, and the audience cannot see anything in front of them. A few second later, the lights are turned on, and a background of multicolored tiles are shown. Colors of pink, yellow, blue, green, and purple flash randomly amongst the tiles throughout the performance. Five girls are positioned near the center of the stage with Irene in the very center, Seulgi behind and left of her, Wendy behind and right, Joy front and right, and Yeri front and left of Irene who is at the very center.

Irene has her hair dyed with a combination of brown and black, and wears a pinkish sweater and tight, black pants. The rest wear a red sweater and tight, black pants. All of them wear white sneakers with red and black lining. All girls sing in the beginning, dancing as shown from 0:00-0:13 of this video.

Highlights
All Together
Irene
Seulgi
Wendy
Joy
Yeri
You're so dumb dumb dumb dumb, (너는 dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb, (Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. (Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb)

Seulgi starts off the singing in the performance, as the crowd screams from time to time out of excitement from seeing pretty girls on the stage. Some spectators are holding fan banners with phrases such as, "F.A.M.: Winner of WorldVision 42", "Irene, We Love You!", and "Fierce and Attractive Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri!". Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy sing and dance, as shown in 0:13-0:39 of this video.
Because of you, I am exhausted, out of breath, (너 때문에 난 힘들어 숨이 차 올라)
Everything you do incurs my uncontrollable wrath, Oh! (니가 모든 하는게 날 열을 받게 만들어, Oh!)

Baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
Foolish, foolish, foolish, you! (Foolish, foolish, foolish, you!)

I tell you this and you do that; it's frustrating, (이렇게 하라면 넌 다르게 해, 답답해)
I say "yes", you say "no"; it's stress that you are creating, Oh! ("예"면 너는 "아니", 스트레스 받아 정말, Oh!)

Baby baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
Crazy crazy crazy crazy, you! (Crazy crazy crazy crazy, you!)

Vapor from the top of the stage is unleashed as the girls began singing the chorus. The crowd begins to roar, and the girls dance as shown in 0:39-0:52 in this video. Irene, in the center, winks as she finishes the chorus, and another roar is heard from the crowd, especially from the male audience.

Like a man-nequin stay still, (마네킹 인형처럼)
Let me do the things that you are just about to do, (가만히 있어 내가 알아서 하게 해줘)
Don't try to stop me from this 'til, (우리 둘이 더 나아질때)
I have finished making this better for us two. (까지 너 좀 그만 좀 방해를 해줘)

Irene begins to rap, as the crowd attentively listen to the catchy tune. Yeri raps later, and the crowd screams as she performs her first part in this performance. The girls continue to dance, as shown in 0:53-1:05 in this video.
You think you know it all, (넌 다 안다고 착각해)
You think you have it all, (다 가졌다고 착각해)
Thus, you hate listening to me. (그래서 듣기 싫지?)

Dumb dumb dumb dumb, (Dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb. (Dumb dumb dumb dumb)
This is an illusion, (이거는 illusion)
You need to be disillusioned, (버려 그 illusion)
Don't make yourself a fool, gee. (바보같이 굴지 마)

Crowd roars and sings along with the girls saying, "Dumb", repeatedly. Some of the audience stands up and begin to wildly dance out of excitement. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 1:06-1:19 of this video.
Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Joy begins to sing the second verse; Seulgi and Wendy follow up singing the second part of the verse. Joy moves to the center of the stage as Irene moves to the front, right. Camera focuses on Joy's entire body. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 1:19-1:32 of this video.
I wanna ask you something; please don't ignore me, little boy, (내가 질문이 있어; 내 말 좀 들어봐줘, boy!)
Do you seriously think you are smart, or you just playing me, boy? (니가 정말 머리가 좋다고 생각해, boy?)

Baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
You make me crazy crazy crazy crazy, hey! (You make me crazy crazy crazy crazy, hey!)

Confetti from the top of the stage is unleashed as the girls began singing the chorus again. The crowd begins to roar, and the girls dance as shown in 1:33-1:45 in this video. Joy, in the center, winks and moves behind and left of Seulgi who moves to the center, and another roar is heard from the crowd, especially from the male audience.

Seulgi moves to the front and right of the stage, replacing Irene; Irene moves to the center of the girls. All girls sing and dance, as shown from 0:00-0:13 of this video. Crowd roars out of excitement and sings along saying, "Dumb dumb dumb dumb".

Irene begins to rap and dance just as all of the girls do, as shown in 1:58-2:10 of this video. Some audience have stood up to dance along with the music, holding fan banners and wearing F.A.M. bracelets that have been given when the group performed in Ansan, Empire of Gim.
You are an idiot, (넌 바보야)
You, boy, Mister Dumbest Man, (You, boy, Mister Dumbest Man)
You suck the Happiness* out of me, (넌 내 Happiness 다 뱄어가지)
You won't let me be. (날 가만안둬)
Why don't you please Be Natural** just like me now, ignorant kid? (나처럼 제발 좀 Be Natural? 바보 같은 너!)
I don't wish to give up on you; man, be more smart. (널 포기하기 싫어; 머리 좀 써 너.)

Joy begins to rap, as she moves into the center and Irene moves to behind and left where Joy had been positioned. Crowd roars when she moves to the center of the stage. Girls sing and dance, as shown from 2:10-2:25 of this video.
Don't wanna trip on you, (괴롭히기 싫어)
Don't wanna upset you, (울리기 싫어)
If you're crying, "Boo Hoo", (근데 운다면)
Blame yourself, please do. (다 니 탓이야)
But if you pro-mise to never act so dumb, (그러나 전부 고친다면 내...)
I can probably feed you Ice Cream***. Now are you feeling better? (...가 Ice 크림 사줄께. 그러면 기분 좋아질까?)

Yeri stays front and left of the stage with respect to the girls and begins to sing the bridge. Irene sings immediately after Yeri. Joy sings immediately after Irene, and the final stanza of the bridge is sung by Seulgi and Wendy together in harmony. Girls sign and dance, as shown from 2:25-2:37 of the video.
Perhaps you will never change your actions, fool, (아마도 너는 변하지 않을거야)
Maybe this song is a waste of time, (이 노래는 시간 낭비야)
I wanted you to act the way I like, (니가 날 따르면 좋은데)
But I'm assuming you don't even give a single dime. (그런데 아마도 넌 신경 안쓸거잖아)

All girls sing the chorus together and dance, as shown in 2:38-2:51 of this video.

Yeri begins to rap, as the crowd attentively listen to the catchy tune. Irene raps later, and the crowd screams out of joy. The girls continue to dance, as shown in 2:51-3:05 in this video.
You think you know it all, (넌 다 안다고 착각해)
You think you have it all, (다 가졌다고 착각해)
Thus, you hate listening to me. (그래서 듣기 싫지?)

This is an illusion, (이거는 illusion)
You need to be disillusioned, (버려 그 illusion)
Don't make yourself a fool, gee. (바보같이 굴지 마)

Crowd roars and sings along with the girls saying, "Dumb", repeatedly. Some of the audience stands up and begin to wildly dance out of excitement. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 3:06-3:20 of this video. Wendy sings at the last stanza along with the rhythm.
Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb, (Oh, you must be~)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Song ends with Irene in the very center, Seulgi behind and left of her, Wendy behind and right, Joy front and right, and Yeri front and left. Irene is standing up, whereas, all other four girls and kneeling down, surrounding her. The girls who are kneeling down show a bit of skin on their lower back, which look quite toned. However, their pants are not low to the point of showing cleavage. Girls maintain their ending position with smiles on their faces.

Crowd cheers their name, saying "F! A! M!", and waves their fan banners and bracelets in honor of them.

*Happiness is the title of F.A.M.'s first digital single.
**Be Natural is the title of F.A.M.'s second digital single.
***Ice Cream is the title of F.A.M.'s first mini album. Dumb is a part of their first regular album.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:35 am

14. ELECTRUM

Song: "Sing Your Prayers Now"
Artist: Michael Street
Tune: Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia [radio cut 3:24]

Introduction
Being the winner of the very last edition, WorldVision 39, Michael Street just seemed to be an obvious choice for Electrum to send. Finally breaking Electrum's third place curse, Street had the fairy-tale ending Electrumites wanted, winning the song contest in his home nation. He now travels to Polkopia to hopefully become the best of the past ten editions. He is hoping that because he is the most recent winner that he will be the most remembered, but there are a lot of favourites which are going to be submitted, which will make this contest very competitive.

The Performer

The Song

Michael Street stands in front of the stage, eyes closed, face down. The screens behind him are of the night sky in the country side, many twinkling stars and some colourful nebulae and the like. As soon as he starts singing, he looks up and into the crowd. When he gets to the second part of this verse, he starts singing with more gusto and passion, turning his hand into a fist and pulling down. Then, many white spotlights appear and circle the crowd, making the impression of a moshpit. The screen behind him turned into a forest at night. The performance is pretty much the same as in Prescott.

0:05
There is a tale, a tale from a long time ago
In a peaceful world
And times were bright, they felt the sun on their face
With no worries, playing free in the woods
Smell of the air, with no iron or gunpowder

Will we ever see the old world?
I don't want to read about it
Who will save me after being trapped..ed...
in this bunker?

As soon as the chorus started, the whole stage lit up and the screens behind became all white. It was truly a light show with lights of different colours coming from the stage into the audience, swirling around. Street walked back towards the screen, and the screen changed once again. In the corner he was standing in, it turned into a dark room, symbolising the bunker. Outside was the grass, and blood could be seen running down the grass and into the bunker.

0:52
CHORUS
"Sing your prayers, sing your prayers, now.
See a new chapter's being written
Sing your prayers, sing your prayers now."
Yeah!

CHORUS

On the stage he picked up a book that was left there by the staff. It was an old, large and dusty book. While he was singing, he blew on it, and dust flew out everywhere. On the screen behind, the dust seemed to materialise into a story, as if we could see Michael's thoughts clearly. As he went through the song, the lyrics came to life, from the peace shattering (the screen behind seeming to shatter), and war imagery.

1:36
This is the truth:
That tale was the reality
I remember it,
Now forever waiting for a new world
We were so young,
Now the peace has been shattered
Then the guns came,
From invaders places unknown

2:07
Will we ever see the old world?
I don't want to read about it
Who will save me after being trapped..ed...
in this bunker?

Michael slammed the book and then went back to the audience. He raised his fist in the air and continued to sing...

2:23
CHORUS
Oh, oh, oh!
Oh, oh, oh!
See a new chapter's being written

CHORUS
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh! [3x]
Yeah!

Michael says, "Thank you so much Scorilo!"
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

WorldVision Committee
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby WorldVision Committee » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:54 am

Voting may now commence. Voting ends at this time. Reminder telegrams to be sent out now. Only the 14 nations that have submitted a song can vote in Phase I, but Phase II voting will be open to anyone who has participated in WorldVision before in the past two editions.

Erika stood on stage with just a violin in hand. She wore a free-flowing black dress, and a small microphone could be seen on her violin in order to project the sound throughout the entire arena. The stage lit up with gold lights around the perimeter once the first few notes of the song began to play, but the LED screen was a dark navy blue color.

Once Erika began to play the violin, the screen flashed, but only periodically in sync with the beat. After a few more seconds of playing (0:41), images of shooting stars flooded the background screen, and the navy color was replaced with a deep purple nebula with a bright center. Erika herself did a sort of jig while playing her violin. She paused for a bit while the background music played, and skipped to the middle of the stage.
Once she resumed playing, the center pedestal began to rise as she played, and dozens of dancers came onto the stage, each wearing navy blue pants and shirts. They all took their places on the stage and danced with the beat. The dancers would first hold their arms behind their back, and do a series of kicking motions with their feet, before circling around with the person on their left, and repeating the motion.

After more violin playing (2:00), the dancers' shirts and pants lit up, with different constellations being projected on their shirts. Flashing lights would occasionally appear on their outfits, resembling a shooting star, which was in sync with the shooting stars that appeared on the background screen. Once this happened, the LED screen on the floor lit up and a shape resembling a large, glowing ball appeared. The fountains along the edge of the stage triggered, shooting water up into the sky. On and on it went, until the violin bit was ended, and Erika held her bow into the air, looking up at the ceiling as she did so. The lights faded out until she was the only one visible, and she remained in that position until she too disappeared with the rest of the dancers in the dark.
Last edited by WorldVision Committee on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
WorldVision Song Contest Committee
"Uniting the Multiverse through Music"

Run by Carrelie, Elejamie, Malta Comino Gozo, South Batoko, and Ugunnustan

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:23 am

Electrumite Worldvision Commentary - Network ENN (Electrum National Network)

We'll just pretend these are Polkopian flags
Also please look at the camera Max. Not at me.

Sonya: Hello everyone to the fiftieth super special anniversary edition of the WorldVision Song Contest!
Max: So special that there are only half the nations than usual
Sonya: This is an ultra-cool highlights reel of the past ten editions, and showcases many of the winners. In fact there are seven of them.
Max: And some of the other winners aren't here because Polkopia has won too many times! And others because they couldn't.
Sonya: Let us see who will win our hearts in this glorified gladiator battle to win our hearts. Let the Games commence!

0. Opening
Max: Ah, opening ceremony provided by Tobuk, an excellent broadcaster as always.
Sonya: It's so weird, no actual singing, just ghoulish chanting and trumpets
Max: Yeah but in the end no one won, fire or ice, who won? Just WHO WON SONYA?
Sonya: Jesus Max, this song has done something to you...
Max: Anyways, the first song is now!

1. Praciba
Sonya: Ah, Party L with their super weird and quirky song.
Max: This one was memorable, winning the 40th Anniversary contest, to our surprise!
Sonya: Yeah, this one was a dark horse, but by golly, doesn't it give you goose bumps?
Max: It sure does. And those bananas, don't get me started on them.
Sonya: After their disastrous performance with Gertrude in Kasin, let's hope for their sake they do much better.

2. Mister X
Sonya: Cutesy, adorable song.
Max: It's not cloying, it's not annoying, but I was quite surprised when we gave this 12 points last time.
Sonya: Came out of nowhere, but they are a boy band after all. Does well with the demographics.
Max: Speaking of demographics, please comment using the hashtag #ENNYF, and your tweet may be shown below!
Sonya: Sigh... Anyways, I just love this song to bits.

3. Normandy and Picardy
Max: And this song was the one that won WV46.
Sonya: This song was a bit too downbeat for me
Max: But it's a clever little song. Lyrics are excellent, and the vocal and audio quality is stunning. It's no surprise we gave them 10 points last time.
Sonya: Yeah.
Max: And the song was also well known for you saying a certain something...
Sonya: No, don't remind them!
Max: You said, "I don't know what sweet release he's having, but I'm having one right now"
Sonya: You're making me blush.

4. Ekoz
Max: The perennial bridesmaids, always just high quality songs but never getting the victory.
Sonya: It's about time the universe metered out some cosmic justice and just let Ekoz win! They truly do deserve it after so many editions. Anyways.
Max: This didn't do well in the Electrum vote last time, but I suspect that was because of that unfortunate time skip which meant that this song came at the very end, very late for Electrum audiences.
Sonya: Chilling and haunting beginning, but it does fit the theme of unconsciousness.
Max: This song was disqualified in WV42, but here is its second run.

5. Kalosia
Sonya: A true classic. Classic piano and just a singer. They came first in WV42.
Max: Emotional song, she's put her heart into it.
Sonya: This is the benchmark 'new tomorrow' style of song.
Max: Just goes to show that you don't always need pop or dance to win WorldVision, but heart and soul.

6. Todlichebujoku
Sonya: It's no surprise this song won WV43. This was the song we would have given so many points for, if we were actually participating!
Max: If you don't remember, it was only me commentating, as we had run out of money to send some singers, because ENN squandered all their money on the Olympic coverage. As if that's more important than WorldVision!
Sonya: What did you say last time?
Max: I said that, "This would be another top three for Electrum. I'm sure Sonya would like this too."
Sonya: Indeed I do. We didn't get the chance to vote for this song, but this is excellent. The lights, the orb, oh my god, don't get me started on the orb, and also the duet. We love a good duet.

7. South Bourbonstan
Max: We gave this 10 points, when it was rolled out in Phoda, Talvezout. It's a stunning song.
Sonya: I think we're going to run out of adjectives tonight, it's going to be hard to pick and choose a favourite.
Max: Yeah, I remember this was one of a few songs that we liked all night. It's vibrant, and Ella's voice sublime.

8. Kwadai
Sonya: This came third in Prescott. Now we weren't commentating then, as we were actually hosting, so our thoughts are...
Max: A haunting, chilling and resonating song.
Sonya: Good message in that song too.

9. Polkopia
Max: A powerhouse of a nation, Polkopia. They've had many winners but they've chosen this one, it was the first song out in WorldVision 44 in Talvezout, and I did call it, I did say this would win, and it did.
Sonya: Alright, no need to brag your predictive skills. Again, underutilized genre of just the simple piano, but building on with just a few more instruments. Vlasic is the hero of the song, definitely.
Max: Also we like the Ooohs. Just great.

10. The Sarian
Max: I didn't really like the message last time, but I'm sorry, I was ignorant, I should have known better.
Sonya: Yes you shouldn't have labelled them as far-left revolutionaries. Anyways, this won in Lavington, and we gave this song 12 points.
Max: This was the best 'war' song we've seen, and well, nothing can quite match it.
Sonya: Other songs don't have the same intensity, spirit or courage like this song.

11. Estogium
Sonya: Coming in second in WorldVision 48, it's Estogium. Even though we didn't give points last time, it deserves a second look.
Max: I don't know what was coming through our minds, but it's actually not that bad.
Sonya: Brilliant choreography, and doesn't suffer the same lyrical problems like other ones.

12. Izmedu
Max: Another one from WorldVision 44, this song came in second place to Polkopia by a single point. Wow. That was very close. We gave this song 12 points.
Sonya: It's just the whole package, as we've come to expect from Izmedu, but what sets this one apart is how cinematic it is.
Max: I mean this was just brilliant. I was speechless back then, and now I'm still speechless.

13. Cheongji
Sonya: Entered under Gim, this was the 'Dumb' song.
Max: For me, it was just too odd.
Sonya: Going to have to agree with you there.

14. Electrum
Max: Ah, we love you Michael Street!
Sonya: This song was in Prescott, the one we hosted, and the one that broke the curse and gave us that victory.
Max: I think being the hosts helped us in that regard, but it's well it looks like one of a few dance songs tonight.
Sonya: It's slick, modern, great, but I have to say, the other winners tonight were way better.
Max: Alright, that's the end of the songs, very short contest, it's now time to dive into Phase I of the voting.
Last edited by Electrum on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013

Postby Mister X » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:51 am

12 Ekoz
10 Praciba
8 Normandy & Picardy
7 Electrum
6 Polkopia
5 Estogium
4 Kwadai
3 Izmedu
2 The Sarian
1 South Bourbonstan
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:05 am

12pts - South Bourbonstan
10pts - Praciba
8pts - The Sarian
7pts - Kwadai
6pts - Todlichebujoku
5pts - Electrum
4pts - Izmedu
3pts - Ekoz
2pts - Kalosia
1pt - Mister X
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estogium » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:05 pm

12 - Cheongji
10 - Kwadai
08 - Kalosia

07 - Izmedu
06 - Praciba
05 - Mister X
04 - Ekoz
03 - Normandy & Picardy
02 - Todlichebujoku
01 - South Bourbonstan

Thanks, bye!

Cheongji
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheongji » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:37 am

12pts - Estogium
10pts - Praciba
8pts - The Sarian
7pts - Kwadai
6pts - Todlichebujoku
5pts - Electrum
4pts - Izmedu
3pts - Ekoz
2pts - Kalosia
1pt - Mister X
"

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:59 am

We ArE tHe ExECUtRiX. FoUR bEIngS tHAt COnTr0l a SIngLe miNd. WE c0MmuNICatE thROUgH a cReaTurE cALlEd, "ThE SPEakEr". AFTer SeVeRAL CoMPUtaTIOnAL ProCESSES, wE hAvE deTeRmINeD wHaT tHE hivEMiNd lIkeS BeST

12 points to Normandy and Picardy
10 points to Mister X
8 points to Todlichebujoku
7 points to The Sarian
6 points to Estogium
5 points to Praciba
4 points to Polkopia
3 points to Kalosia
2 points to South Bourbonstan
1 point to Ekoz