NATION

PASSWORD

Atlas Region Sign-Up (OPEN)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The High Lords
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:38 am

Yes, I am speaking to you for the umpteenth time, as you might suppose. Don’t worry, I’m not making a forceful entry into the region or trying to upheave Atlas person by person or poison the very morals of you all. Really, do you take me for that kind of person?

Yes, some of you might say – and I would like to plead against that case. Recently, as I have been informed of (don’t ask me who is informing me or how), the former delegate has relocated to another region and New Carloso has finally achieved the revolution of Il Douche! Kidding aside, I would like to try to have you all take this opportunity to re-evaluate your thoughts of me.

Yes, there will be some of you, who I won’t directly mention, that will continue to hold grudges against me for reasons I’m not quite familiar with, since I haven’t worried myself with that kind of stuff in ages, and I really don’t want to re-acquaint myself with those antiquated policies. And it escapes me why anyone would want to do so either, harboring those kinds of thoughts and memories when it could be easier to move past them, build upon their effects, and render them obsolete.

The obsolescence of the past is not to be taken too lightly, of course, since there’s a famous saying that you all should know: “Those who do not study the past are doomed to repeat it” or something like that. I’m quite aware of the general concept of my misdoings and misunderstandings in the past, and I haven’t transgressed in that direction since, or at least under my power, I haven’t.

Now wait a minute, some of you might say, but THL, you have! Indeed, that appears to be true, yet, I would make a case against that. As you know, your former delegate, Bavarian States, has had a… grudge, if you will, against me for reasons I don’t understand (as mentioned previously – why have that baggage?). This grudge, as well as resentments from supporting actors, was used against me in such a way that my nature could not allow these provocations to go unanswered. Initially, I let myself get the better of me, allowing those provocations to have their intended effect and incur their ultimate consequences. I tried, in subsequent attempts, to ignore those provocations, and yet, they kept coming. Much like boulders striking a castle wall, my resolve diminished as my ire grew.

Now, I would hope, these provocations and grudges and resentments might go away. And that’s what I’m hoping to get across to you. I don’t intend to transgress on past mistakes, nor repeat the misdoings of previous residencies. As many of you will remember, I had good terms as Executive President, and I would like for you to remember those instead of the decline and fall that occurred in April/May, and the inhibited attempts at returning in a good fashion by persons of ill intent.

As I mentioned before, I’m not immediately intending to return to the region that I once loved (and would hope to love again), but I would like the residents of that region to first acquaint themselves to me outside of the region – try to abolish malevolence and resentments. I have no intention of bringing this, and I would hope that you all would have no intention to direct fire in return of past events that I would argue do not hold much significance in present affairs.

Thank you.
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
Being politically correct is so 2010
#Bernie

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:56 am

Nizov wrote:
OFFICIAL REQUEST OF MIGRATION TO ATLAS
A request made to the Executive President and Founder to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

General National Information

Formal Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Estenia
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): Ugh, 362 million people
Active Military Personnel: 890,000 troops at every branch in peace time, 1,500,000 troops at every branch at wartime
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): 15th May 2015(As Nizov) 6th March 2014(As Estenia), 13th October 1399 RP-wise

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: Not with this
If so, what troubles?:
If so, how long ago?:

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):
Diplomatic RP:(OOC: I'll do something small) "I'm really anxious." Prince Eustrat IV said, he was indeed anxious, this was going to be a treaty of a large influence all over the nation, it could end the South Ossetia war. As soon as Al-Halil, the leader of South Essetia arrived they started the conversation. "Where have you been sir? I've been waiting quite a time here. The civil war must end now. We can discuss the terms if you'd like." said the Prince, he was quite anxious, it was his first diplomatic encounter with someone. Al-Halil replied "We want some terms, autonomy at least, mark the small area of the South Essetian tribes that live throught the nation. We do want you to supply us with arms for our defence against intruders, we will need Estenian high rankers of the army to help us, Generals, commanders and even you, your highness." the Prince replied "Well, I can sure bring you these, since my father has given me permission to allow you everything you'll ask. You can have autonomy, you can have high rankers within your military, generals and other officers. I am willing to help you thrive as a strong autonomous nation. I can't wait." "Good, I guess we have a deal." said Al-Halil as he stretched his hand to Prince Esutrat's hand, with the latter one shaking and thus making the Treaty of Sternoburg in 1892 to stop the 5th Estenian-South Ossetian war.
Military RP: I guess I am not capable for that pretty much.
Sports RP: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=342284&p=25027768&sid=17645b22a19a6d9245bdba03bd218112#p25027768
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?:
If so, pick some (bold specified choices): PPDC MPCP CSCP

Map and Offsite Information

Do you have an IIWiki page?: YAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!
If not, would you like one?:
If so, what is the link?: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Estenia (Needs to be redone)
Desired Location: http://i.imgur.com/sX4ZmoO.png (Estenia :P)

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. Do note that any puppet, unless previously cleared by the Founder or Executive President, WILL BE DENIED. By submitting this application, it is also assumed that you don’t mind nations to go into previous Regional posts or close by forum posts to check that you are not going to stir trouble within the region.

Your application to join Atlas has been approved on a probationary basis. The password is incoming.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Borginia and Cohdopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Borginia and Cohdopia » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 pm

A request made to the Executive President and Founder to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

Formal Nation Name: De Federale Staten van Borginia en Cohdopia/Cohdopia en Borginia
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 5,263,922
Active Military Personnel: 17,050
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old):

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: None
If so, what troubles?: N/A
If so, how long ago?: N/A

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):
Diplomatic RP:

Leida Betopen, Leidan Provincie, Borginia en Cohdopia

A day of herfst, 400 lux, leaves blowing with the silent wind, not a voice for miles. Simply the colors of the leaves, the brown stalks of the trees, in the quiet forest of Leida Betopen. Marja Retopo was in a silky black dress, waving with the wind. With her, she carried a single white document, rolled and wrapped with a red ribbon. She traveled the forest, calmly and silently, the leaves brushing up against her. She continued to walk down a indeterminable path of random leaves, before she met the man. The man clothed in a red suit with a half cape on his pants.

"So, have you gotten what I've asked for? You were put inside for a reason."

"Yes, I have just what you're looking for. Documents following on the Syndicate"

"The North, no?"

"The East and North Syndicates."

"Good, good!"

"This isn't going to be free, in case you didn't know."

"The only payment I give is with bullets."

Suddenly, the man pulled out a gun, and before Marja could react, was hit in the arm. But soon she ran behind a tree, realizing she still had the document. A bullet came flying, grazing her head. She fell down on the leaves, and started running. She wouldn't make it very far, she knew that much now.

She though to herself, "Do as much damage as possible", and then took out a lighter with her arm, groaning in pain. She attempt to light a fire with it but had no luck. The man continued to fire at her, and soon enough, she caught a flame. A single orangish-yellowish flame. She held it next to the documents she held, and soon enough, they started to burn. She made a very quick clearing in the ground with her feet, and set down the document. Soon enough, all that was left were ashes.

She ran out of Leida Betopen, not knowing what else happened. She just wanted to forget the ordeal.
Military RP:
Sports RP:
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?:

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Making one.
If not, would you like one?: No.
If so, what is the link?: (This is so you can be added to the region’s wiki)
Desired Location: I honestly don't know what's with the map.

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. Do note that any puppet, unless previously cleared by the Founder or Executive President, WILL BE DENIED. By submitting this application, it is also assumed that you don’t mind nations to go into previous Regional posts or close by forum posts to check that you are not going to stir trouble within the region.
Last edited by Borginia and Cohdopia on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:19 am

accepted, password incoming
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

The High Lords
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Grönist Dominion of the High Lords
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 2.503 million
Active Military Personnel: 3,330
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): more than a month old

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: yessssss
If so, what troubles?: minor shit, warnings and such
If so, how long ago?: a while ago

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP: you know me
Military RP: you know me
Sports RP: kek
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: nope

Do you have an IIWiki page?: ye
If not, would you like one?: no
If so, what is the link?: not now
Desired Location: idc, i'll figure it out

Saw you guys needed some vets and stuff. I'm in Miyane, which is working out beautifully, so let's see if you guys are ready to move past the past :)
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
Being politically correct is so 2010
#Bernie

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:26 pm

The High Lords wrote:

Formal Nation Name: The Grönist Dominion of the High Lords
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 2.503 million
Active Military Personnel: 3,330
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): more than a month old

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: yessssss
If so, what troubles?: minor shit, warnings and such
If so, how long ago?: a while ago

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP: you know me
Military RP: you know me
Sports RP: kek
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: nope

Do you have an IIWiki page?: ye
If not, would you like one?: no
If so, what is the link?: not now
Desired Location: idc, i'll figure it out

Saw you guys needed some vets and stuff. I'm in Miyane, which is working out beautifully, so let's see if you guys are ready to move past the past :)

I'm very much welcome to moving from the past. Welcome to Atlas, the password is incoming to you.

The Saracen Network
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Azenyanistan

Postby The Saracen Network » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:58 pm

http://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/rflags/atlas__638719.png

Formal Nation Name: The Divided Nation of Azenyanistan
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 77 million in Azenyanistan, over 100 million world wide because the greater number fled
Active Military Personnel: 700,000
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): June 9 2015

Moderation History

If so, what troubles?:
If so, how long ago?:

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=355018
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=352047
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=351265
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=354055
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=353667
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=351566
Diplomatic RP: I can do that
Military RP: Yeah
Sports RP: Nope
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: Not yet

Do you have an IIWiki page?: no
If not, would you like one?: yes
Desired Location: Somewhere with deserts and heat and little water. Middle East like.

NOTE: I am the puppet of Azenyanistan

Please understand, for my main nation is stuck where it is so I chose to use a puppet nation to apply on my behalf.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:16 am

The Saracen Network wrote:

Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 77 million in Azenyanistan, over 100 million world wide because the greater number fled

Moderation History

If so, what troubles?:
If so, how long ago?:

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=355018
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=352047
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=351265
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=354055
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=353667
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=351566

Desired Location: Somewhere with deserts and heat and little water. Middle East like.

Please understand, for my main nation is stuck where it is so I chose to use a puppet nation to apply on my behalf.

Disclaimer: By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. Do note that any puppet, unless previously cleared by the Founder or Executive President, WILL BE DENIED. By submitting this application, it is also assumed that you don’t mind nations to go into previous Regional posts or close by forum posts to check that you are not going to stir trouble within the region.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:48 pm

Roski wrote:

Moderation History

If so, what troubles?:
If so, how long ago?:

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=355018

Disclaimer: By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. Do note that any puppet, unless previously cleared by the Founder or Executive President, WILL BE DENIED. By submitting this application, it is also assumed that you don’t mind nations to go into previous Regional posts or close by forum posts to check that you are not going to stir trouble within the region.

You mean like Coraspia was at the time?

I'm taking this ap to valdiu: decision will be incoming.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Coraspia wrote:
Roski wrote:

You mean like Coraspia was at the time?

You're an established alternate account, not a puppet. For christs sake.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Roski wrote:
Coraspia wrote:You mean like Coraspia was at the time?

You're an established alternate account, not a puppet. For christs sake.

Not when I joined I wasn't. Now I am, but he could be.

Huda
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Huda » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:57 am

Moderation History

If so, what troubles?:
If so, how long ago?:

Roleplaying

I can vouch for him.

Columbion
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Columbion » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Formal Nation Name: Republic of Ionland
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 205,000,000
Active Military Personnel: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/National_Republican_Army
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): March 2013

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: A few
If so, what troubles?: Flags and Political opinions
If so, how long ago?: Awhile ago

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): You all know me
Diplomatic RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=328266#p23283869
Military RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342294&sid=f6e9e27826cd42fa9b3e8ac72c857304#p24723016 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342294&sid=f6e9e27826cd42fa9b3e8ac72c857304#p24723016 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342294&start=25#p24759730
Sports RP: None
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: Nope

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Yes
If so, what is the link?: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Ionland
Desired Location: http://i.imgur.com/AF7p1Mv.png

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:22 am

Columbion wrote:

Formal Nation Name: Republic of Ionland
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 205,000,000
Active Military Personnel: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/National_Republican_Army
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): March 2013

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: A few
If so, what troubles?: Flags and Political opinions
If so, how long ago?: Awhile ago

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): You all know me
Diplomatic RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=328266#p23283869
Military RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342294&sid=f6e9e27826cd42fa9b3e8ac72c857304#p24723016 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342294&sid=f6e9e27826cd42fa9b3e8ac72c857304#p24723016 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342294&start=25#p24759730
Sports RP: None
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: Nope

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Yes
If so, what is the link?: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Ionland
Desired Location: http://i.imgur.com/AF7p1Mv.png

Yes. Get back here now.

The Saracen Network
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saracen Network » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:04 am

Huda wrote:

Moderation History

If so, what troubles?:
If so, how long ago?:

Roleplaying

I can vouch for him.

Hello Huda

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:43 am

Huda wrote:I can vouch for him.

Hello Huda

You are accepted on a probationary period of 1 month, rising to full acceptance if this nation remains active. Welcome to Atlas: password is incoming.

North Yemen-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby North Yemen- » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Formal Nation Name:

The Republic of Wisland is a Counter Intelligence, Illiberal Semi-Presidential Republic with a Residential Monarchy. It adheres to policies that echo sentiments of European Style Conservatism, Obsession with Reclaiming Lost Lands, Nativism, Adherence to Strict Religious Values, and minor Elements of Pan-Slavism
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 346 million
Active Military Personnel: 1,750,000
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): April 18, 2011

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: No
If so, what troubles?: None
If so, how long ago?: None

Roleplaying

I have never RPed before In My Life
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: None at the moment

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No
If not, would you like one?: I'll make one later
Desired Location: Anywhere in Atlas' Europe analogue. I'll have to discuss it pending entry.

RAJofARJUNAPUR
अर्जुनपुर गणराज्य
Arjunapur on IIwiki ||Member of SACTO || Here is my RP Resume ||Arjunapuri Order of Battle
Arjunapuri Force Doctrine || Common NS Misconceptions about India!

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:31 pm

North Yemen- wrote:

Formal Nation Name:

The Republic of Wisland is a Counter Intelligence, Illiberal Semi-Presidential Republic with a Residential Monarchy. It adheres to policies that echo sentiments of European Style Conservatism, Obsession with Reclaiming Lost Lands, Nativism, Adherence to Strict Religious Values, and minor Elements of Pan-Slavism
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 346 million
Active Military Personnel: 1,750,000
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): April 18, 2011

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: No
If so, what troubles?: None
If so, how long ago?: None

Roleplaying

I have never RPed before In My Life
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: None at the moment

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No
If not, would you like one?: I'll make one later
Desired Location: Anywhere in Atlas' Europe analogue. I'll have to discuss it pending entry.

I guess you can come in. Password on its way.

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello! I was wondering, would it be allowed for me to send a puppet to Atlas?
I want to be part of the region but I don't want to exactly move my main nation. I will keep the puppet active, but I understand if I am not allowed to. :P
Thanks. ^^
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Capsland wrote:Hello! I was wondering, would it be allowed for me to send a puppet to Atlas?
I want to be part of the region but I don't want to exactly move my main nation. I will keep the puppet active, but I understand if I am not allowed to. :P
Thanks. ^^

Hi,

We usually strongly discourage puppets. However, since I'm nice (I am, aren't I? Please let me be nice...), I have accepted people on a months probationary period with activity as the key.

If you don't want to leave the community you're alredy in, I understand. However, I speak from experience in saying that it really doesn't help whether you post from an embassy region or from where your nation is: last year I maintained my main nation in another for rp purposes while having a government position in a region, so nothing really got hurt. If you make up an app, I'll see about getting you probationally accepted though, and if you do keep it active you're a nice full member!

Lydan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Free City States of Lydan
Nation Population: 9,775,634
Active Military Personnel: 54,000
Date your nation was created in: 27th of April, 2015

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: Nope

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP: viewtopic.php?p=25123503#p25123503
Military RP: viewtopic.php?p=25363261#p25363261, viewtopic.php?p=24961766#p24961766, viewtopic.php?p=25002530#p25002530
Sports RP: N/A
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: No thanks.
If so, pick some: PPDC MPCP CSCP N/A

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Not yet
If not, would you like one?: Possibly
If so, what is the link?: N/A
Desired Location:

Last edited by Lydan on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Capsland, +1270 posts.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Lydan wrote:

Moderation History

Roleplaying

Military RP: viewtopic.php?p=25363261#p25363261, viewtopic.php?p=24961766#p24961766, viewtopic.php?p=25002530#p25002530

Desired Location:

Hi,

I've a few concerns with your rping, notably the level of depth presented. It shouldn't be a problem, but would you be able to do an rp based on a prompt I give you?

Lydan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Coraspia wrote:
Lydan wrote:

Moderation History

Roleplaying

Desired Location:

Hi,

I've a few concerns with your rping, notably the level of depth presented. It shouldn't be a problem, but would you be able to do an rp based on a prompt I give you?

Yes, of course. :D

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Try not to cry when you're completing this story, OK? I nearly did writing it.

Your character is a 12-year old boy who has lived a very sheltered life in your capital city, going through very little hardship. He has had loving parents and a large extended family, great friends and a happy childhood, not really getting into serious trouble at school with a complete lack of personal tragedies. Until last year.
It all changed last year, when he got the message on his phone: the message was from his grandma. It was the sort of message which fills the reader with the sort of uncertain dread that makes it obvious that what happened after reading it was far worse than what had happened before: but its gentle phrasing and lack of detail left that slight possibility that it might not be so bad after all.
'Honey, tell the teachers I'll be bringing you back from school. Your Mum and Dad can't make it today. Grandma.'

Your character did as suggested by Grandma, and no words were exchanged on the slow ride back through the city traffic...in fact, it was quiet until Grandma sat him down in her cosy living room and told him in a sad, shaking voice how things had changed. Your character's mother has an illness: no one really knows what it is, but it's serious and her organs are failing. The doctors reckon that she has...maybe a year to live.

The following year was hell for your character: his mother tried to put a brave face on it, tried not to let him know how much pain she was feeling. She took him to theme parks, to see great natural wonders, to eat at some of the best places she could find, all apparently to give him a good year because money wasn't tight. But he knew why it was really: she was trying to put a brave face on it, trying to distract him from the inevitable. His father took the news less easily: many were the nights he'd hear his mothers gentle sobbing from the living room, creep downstairs and find his Dad, sat in an armchair, cradling an all-too-empty whiskey bottle, dribbling and snoring while his mortified mother stood sobbing behind him, wringing her hands in grief and desperation.
That was when the money really did start to run out: his father just didn't work, didn't have the drive or the energy. He'd get out of bed in the early afternoon, walk downstairs and sit, half-naked in that same armchair and start on the bottle where he'd left off last night. He'd tried to talk to his Dad, begged him to stop, sat up with him on the long nights crying into his shoulder but it never worked. Sometimes he managed to get him up to bed, but the man couldn't bare his wifes plees and he'd be back down in a few minutes, tv on, bottle back in his hands. For what felt like months your characters nights were spent crying into his pillow, begging to the God he'd stopped believing in that this was all a horrid, long dream.

Until a few weeks ago, when his mother went into hospital and began her most recent round of futile 'treatment.' She grew steadily weaker, her husband grew steadily drunker, and needless to say your character was stuck in the middle. Sometimes his Dad hit him, hit him and shouted at him to leave him alone...to leave him with his wife...to stop interfering.
Until tonight: when the doctors called. Say your goodbyes, was the jist of the message, your characters mother's life expectancy is measured in hours.

Lydan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lydan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Coraspia wrote:Try not to cry when you're completing this story, OK? I nearly did writing it.

Your character is a 12-year old boy who has lived a very sheltered life in your capital city, going through very little hardship. He has had loving parents and a large extended family, great friends and a happy childhood, not really getting into serious trouble at school with a complete lack of personal tragedies. Until last year.
It all changed last year, when he got the message on his phone: the message was from his grandma. It was the sort of message which fills the reader with the sort of uncertain dread that makes it obvious that what happened after reading it was far worse than what had happened before: but its gentle phrasing and lack of detail left that slight possibility that it might not be so bad after all.
'Honey, tell the teachers I'll be bringing you back from school. Your Mum and Dad can't make it today. Grandma.'

Your character did as suggested by Grandma, and no words were exchanged on the slow ride back through the city traffic...in fact, it was quiet until Grandma sat him down in her cosy living room and told him in a sad, shaking voice how things had changed. Your character's mother has an illness: no one really knows what it is, but it's serious and her organs are failing. The doctors reckon that she has...maybe a year to live.

The following year was hell for your character: his mother tried to put a brave face on it, tried not to let him know how much pain she was feeling. She took him to theme parks, to see great natural wonders, to eat at some of the best places she could find, all apparently to give him a good year because money wasn't tight. But he knew why it was really: she was trying to put a brave face on it, trying to distract him from the inevitable. His father took the news less easily: many were the nights he'd hear his mothers gentle sobbing from the living room, creep downstairs and find his Dad, sat in an armchair, cradling an all-too-empty whiskey bottle, dribbling and snoring while his mortified mother stood sobbing behind him, wringing her hands in grief and desperation.
That was when the money really did start to run out: his father just didn't work, didn't have the drive or the energy. He'd get out of bed in the early afternoon, walk downstairs and sit, half-naked in that same armchair and start on the bottle where he'd left off last night. He'd tried to talk to his Dad, begged him to stop, sat up with him on the long nights crying into his shoulder but it never worked. Sometimes he managed to get him up to bed, but the man couldn't bare his wifes plees and he'd be back down in a few minutes, tv on, bottle back in his hands. For what felt like months your characters nights were spent crying into his pillow, begging to the God he'd stopped believing in that this was all a horrid, long dream.

Until a few weeks ago, when his mother went into hospital and began her most recent round of futile 'treatment.' She grew steadily weaker, her husband grew steadily drunker, and needless to say your character was stuck in the middle. Sometimes his Dad hit him, hit him and shouted at him to leave him alone...to leave him with his wife...to stop interfering.
Until tonight: when the doctors called. Say your goodbyes, was the jist of the message, your characters mother's life expectancy is measured in hours.

Woah, okay. I'll try my best. xD

The boy walked into the cold, ominous room. It seemed like death was fast encroaching upon it, but what was the boy to do? He had exhausted all of his hope and joy on this final year with his most beloved mother. He knew that there was an unbalance in her mental state and compassion. She was not like her past self, so vibrant, so colourful. It was like those colours faded away. Maybe that's what death first took. Maybe it was the colours, that gave the boy hope and happiness, that were the target of this horrible curse that was death.

Each slow step toward the bed made it feel like the boy was losing time. All of those days out, parties, laughs. They all seemed like a facade now, but the boy was too naive to understand. He remembered the time when his mother carried him to his bed late at night, she herself was getting weaker and could barely hold him, yet she continued to carry him. She never gave up, even in the face of death itself, she simply turned away and walked in the other direction. He remembered the laughing, her laugh was the only thing that he could truly recognise now. The disease had rendered her voice but a faint whisper in the everlasting cries of his family and the loud silence of his father. Her laugh gave the boy a reason to not just give up and cry himself to sleep.

Finally he reached the bed within this eerie room of death. He didn't have long, he knew he had to say something, he wanted to say something but he couldn't. He was frozen. Holding the bars on the bed, he gazed into her eyes. He was drowning in the internal screams of his soul, he wanted to release them but he couldn't find any way. Eventually, after five minutes of close staring and silence he released some sort of emotion. A lonely tear, surfed down his cheek. It crossed paths with an open cut. A cut that was one of the many signs of his father's alcoholism and impatience. As the tear glided over the cut and made contact with the small wound, it stung. But this was nothing compared to the torture that he was enduring.

Then suddenly he heard a sound. The very sound of death. The heart rate monitor... It gave out the noise that everyone in this God forsaken building dreaded. The never ending beep. It was over for the boy's mother. His heart dropped, suddenly the lonely tear that had made it's way to the bottom of his chin was not so lonely. His face burst with emotion and he could finally say the words that he wanted to say all day. "Goodbye".
Last edited by Lydan on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information