NATION

PASSWORD

d'Fleuvien - Capslandian Succession War[Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

d'Fleuvien - Capslandian Succession War[Closed]

Postby De Fleuves » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:56 am

January, The Year of our Lord 1367

Backstory| In 1331, (Jean-Loup) Matthieu Beaulieu, King of d'Fleuves married his young daughter, (Marie-Christine) Léone, to the King of Capsland, David I Capswal. A year after the marriage and the departure of Léone to the Capslandian court, the elder son, (Joseph) Matthieu II Beaulieu, died from disease. His death left Léone as the heir to the Kingdom of d'Fleuves which at the same time meant that after Léone's death, a Capswal would gain the throne of d'Fleuves. The nobles of d'Fleuves waited to see what happens before deciding on an action. The years pass and in 1335, David II Capswal is born and it is his fortune to be the duoking of d'Flueves and Capsland. The years pass by, peacefully until 1363, when Léone finally dies and it's official that David II Capswal would rule over d'Fleuves. The nobles of d'Fleuves were assured by David II that d'Fleuves would remain independent from Capsland but they would soon discover this to be a lie. A year later David I dies and David II takes the throne of Capsland. Betrayed by David, the nobles feel helpless against the giant power of the duokingdom, they begin plotting. two years later and David II finds his death, some say it was the d'Fleuvien nobles and others say it was from natural causes, in any case. (Richard) Mathieu III Capswal, raised a devoted d'Fleuvien, inherits the duothrone. The Capslandian nobles are frustrated by the d'Fleuvien bastard and decide among themselves to not allow Richard into Capsland. Instead, the Capslandian nobles raise one of their own to the throne, one of true Capswal blood and true Capslandian culture. Richard Mathieu III is quick to understand what is happening, he establishes his very own dynastic bloodline called "Castex" and officially names himself "Mathieu III" as successor of Matthieu II Beaulieu. The Capslandians would continue to refer to Mathieu as Richard. Mathieu, raises an army in d'Fleuves and prepares to embark on ships to invade his promised land, Capsland.

Maps| Political Map | Cities Map

Relations|
-
War
War
-

Units|Army of Mathieu III(d'Fleuves)
6,000 Trained Infantrymen
3,000 Trained Cavalrymen
6,000 Trained Archers

Fleet of Admiral François(d'Fleuves)
2 Large Galleys
20 Medium Galleys
5 Small Galleys

Army of George(Capsland)
4,000 Trained Infantrymen
2,000 Trained Cavalrymen
3,000 Trained Archers
3,500 Untrained Infantrymen
1,750 Untrained Cavalrymen
3,000 Untrained Archers
Last edited by De Fleuves on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Human, not Humane

De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby De Fleuves » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:56 am

Aftermath
Massacre of Lilleport(Janurary 23rd)
1,500 Capslandian civilian causalities

Raid on Calindra(Janurary 23rd)
2 Large Capslandian Galleys
5 Medium Capslandian Galleys
1 Small Capslandian Galley

2 Medium d'Fluevien Galleys

Battle of Sedune(Janurary 25th)
3,400 Capslandian Cavalry
3,000 Capslandian Infantry
2,500 Capslandian Archers

126 d'Fleuvien Cavalry
1,267 d'Fleuvien Infantry
2,476 d'Fleuvien Archers
Last edited by De Fleuves on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
Human, not Humane

De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby De Fleuves » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:13 pm

21st of January, Court of the Duchy of Port d'Ales-Claure
Mathieu rushes through the corridors, The Duke of Ales-Claure was already waiting for him, he had received the letter a few days ago about Mathieu's arrival. The final door was the entrance to the Port's Royal Offices, this was where all the navy's ships were registered and documented, every admiral and sailor and their payments. As Mathieu bashed open the door, The Duke was already writing the final notes for the departure, with quick reflexes the duke stood up and bowed to the King.

"Good morning, Your Majesty. I've prepared everything from payments to the journey plans for your trip. Admiral Moïse François Baugé has already received the star maps for navigation and the ships are as good as they can get."

"Thank you sir. My men are already waiting outside. For the record, they count six thousand retinues of well-trained and armed infantrymen, four thousand retinues of cavalrymen and another six thousand retinues of archers, all gathered from around the realm. Joining in my journey would be 3 generals, Grégory Plantier, Duke of Montfit, Eugène Jaccoud, Sir-Knight who hails from Agnes and Benjamin Plantier, another Sir-Knight from Bayonne."

"Excellent! I've prepared 37 galleys. 20 medium sized armed with feuflote weaponry on board and thin iron plates on the rear another 2 large sized also armed with feuflote but with full plate coverage and another 5 smaller ones. Admiral François is already waiting for you on the flagship. The journey across the sea would take 2 days until you'll land in Capsland."

"Then I should take my army and be on my way. I thank you for your service."

His Majesty's left the room and out to greet his army who stood separated into 4 divisional units outside the castle. They would start heading to the port where the fleet was waiting. The flagship was named "La Nager Gemme" but some would prefer to shorten it to a silly nickname such as "Le Jemjem" it was a large galley powered by a hundred rowing men, the largest the d'Fleuvien navy has ever seen. As the duke promised, it was armed with a dozen cannons of feuflote not forgetting the possibility for archers to shoot from the deck. The hull was fully covered in rusting iron plates that made sure that the ship won't catch on fire and sink easily, although regular well placed arrows could penetrate the plate. Mathieu climbed up to the admiral's cabin to quickly greet François and set sail to Capsland. The water was quiet and the skies were clear on the route to Capsland.
Human, not Humane

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Jamestown

The royal court was quite after the messenger came in. The man wore a traditional Empire uniform, with orange pants and white shirt. The shit was covered with a metal breastplate. At his side was a saber in an ornately decorated holder. He unrolled a note and spoke to the entire court. The Emperor was listening in. He was worried about the creation of a new Empire to the west that could challenge his dominance in the east.

"The Richard Mathieu III De Verninac,King of all Capsland and d'Fleuves, has stated that he will not allow the nobles of Capsland to establish a new kind for Capsland. The nobles of Capsland have decided to raise their hosts and standards against their King Mathieu III and have selected a new monarch from amoungst themselves to rule. Our informants tell us that Mathieu III De Verninac is raising his own hosts to bring against the rebellious Capsland nobles. It is expected that he will raise a fleet to land on the island of Capsland and make battle with the nobles to reaffirm his claim of the Capsland throne."

The messenger bowed respectfully to the monarch. The Emperor, in his white and gold robes, seemed to be pondering the situation. "Out! I wish to seek the council of my advisers at once!" he shouted to the audience. Quickly the room emptied. A few men remained. The group walked to the throne and bowed as they approached the Emperor. All of the men were well dressed. Clearly, from their outfits, two of the men were military junkers, one from the navy and the other from the army.

"Bring a map to hither," the Emperor barked to one of the attendants that remained in the room. The attendant ran to a side room, opening a door that looked like the rest of the red and gold wall. "We cannot allowed a unified empire to threaten our traders and explorers in Verstimer," the Emperor stated. It was clear the rest of the men knew this, as they nodded to their ruler. "I wish for currior to be brought to the upstart in Capsland. I shall have a message written by dusk. It will be sent out on a ship at once. In the meantime I request that the navy and armies prepare for action, either direct combat or raids against d'Fleuves seaports, to be created within the next three weeks. I am sure that from our Rezuan Islands we can launch raids against the northern half of d'Fleuves. The southern seas will need help from our friends in the region." The men all nodded, understanding their tasks. "Not a word of this shall be spoken or I will have your heads. Dismissed."
Last edited by United Soviet Jason Republic on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Felsinean Valley
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinean Valley » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Backstory: The rise of Forlepidii

In 1328 Ludvig Schlaff overturned the city nobility of Bianore, unpopular among the population at the time, and put an end on the ultracentenarian history of the Free City of Bianore, becoming the sovereign of the newly created March of Bianore. Once he made stable his power and thwarted the attempts of the Grand Duchy of Altaan to acquire the control on the city taking advantage of the situation, Ludvig I Schlaff began planning the territorial expansion, that he put into effect at the expense of the Free City of Forlepidii in 1345, but Bianore never really manager to fully control the occupied territories, mostly due to the significant pressure from the Duke of Montfit, interested himself in the control of that lands. Six years later, in 1351, a former general of the Forlepidiish army, Yanis Sparrissen, reorganized men and troops to reconquer the city: in a short time Forlepidii became autonomous again, in the form of a Duchy
Overcomed the territorial ambitions of Montfit on Forlepidii, in 1357 the extremely effective army of Sparrissen annexed the Free City of Serina and its dominion smoothly, and got ready to continue its expansion against Felsina and Altaan
sorry for my english, my teacher was Matteo Renzi

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 pm

21st of January, The Duke's Court, Calindra
His majesty, the new King of Capsland, King George Capswal walked gracefully through the courtyard into a big meeting chamber. He had just been chosen by the various dukes of Capsland to be their leader during this time of chaos. As he walked in, the Duke of Calindra and his court bowed to greet the new King.

"Your majesty. The new independent Kingdom of Capsland is under threat by those pretenders in the North. I have my personal retinues and vassal levies ready at your command sire. Capsland is at war and Calindra will be the battleground." The Duke said as King George sat in the throne.

"You are to send word the the peasants of Northern Capsland. We are at war and we need every man we can muster. The fleet here at Calindra will continue to be stationed here unless I see it wise for them to leave."

"But sire, shouldn't we use this navy to halt the Fleuvian advance in the shores?"

"No. We will make it easy for them. We will lure them into a false sense of security. Then we will show them who truly rules over Capsland and her people."

"Of course sire."

With that a messenger ran for the docks ordering the local admirals to stay docked with Calindra. While another messenger spread the word of an impending attack in Calindra. The retinues in Calindra city were gathering strength, ready to march out and meet the d'Fleuvian armies on the battlefield.
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby De Fleuves » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:34 am

January 23rd, Centismar Sea, En route to Lilleport

"Your majesty"

Bowed the sailor in his approach to the Admiral's Cabin door. Mathieu III signaled Admiral François to open the door and so he did.

"we've sighted land and are approaching Capsland's shores!"

Mathieu III was sitting in comfort in his chair with his legs on top of the desk and a bottle of d'Fleuvien wine on the desk. Upon hearing the word he quickly lowered his legs.

"Like so? Did the Capslandians not notice a fleet approaching their land? Did they not send their own navy?"

"I'm afraid I don't know, your majesty!"

Mathieu hummed in thought

"Admiral? How can we be safe when the Capslandian fleet is still around here?"

François walked to Mathieu's side of the room, wondering what are the Capslandian's intentions

"If the Capslandians think they can surprise us from behind, they could destroy our navy and we would have no return, if we even need return."

"We might not need return but we will surely need reinforcements. The Capslandian Army, when mobilized can and will overcome our invasion force. But it would take quite a while until they fully mobilize."

The sailor stood near in the doorshaft and listened to the conversation

"Searching for their navy might result in an ambush on ours. I might propose that our original plan of blockading Calindra is impossible to accomplish with the Capslandian navy at full strength."

"Admiral. You must find the flaws in your enemy's plan, not his brilliancy. If he Capslandian navy isn't on the open sea it would be in Calindra's port. Perhaps it is still not in it's best shape. We must immediately attack Calindra and destroy the navy before it can leave the port, annihilate the entire port and burn all of it's piers! And most of all, burn all of the ships docked there."

"Do you propose a raid on Calindra?"

"Exactly. Attack at night, set fire to the darkness. Sailor!"

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Send words to the captains of the other ships, after we land in Lilleport that we would start heading to Calindra for a night raid, tell them to prepare all weaponry and defense we'll set blaze to the Capslandian navy while it's docked."

"Of course, your majesty!"

The sailor went out in swiftness and spread the word across the floating fleet.

The shores approach the navy from the horizon and to some it even appeared as if the land was moving while the ships stood still. The small galleys which were carrying the units continued no to the shore while the larger ships came to a full water stop. Battlecries were heard as the galleys approached ever so closer. Once reaching the shores the galleys smashed their hulls onto the beaches and the men on top ran outside. The horses were the most eager to get off the ship. They landed a few kilometres west of Lilleport. After getting their bearings and assembling in formations the army was ready to start marching to Lilleport. The order was to pillage and burn everything, take the booty for the soldiers and eat all the food found. The army was marching on it's stomach in solid formations.
Human, not Humane

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:29 am

23rd of January, Lilleport
The commander saw the ships docking at the beach, it was time.

"Sound the alarms! Light the beacons!" He cried.
Everyone dropped that they were holding and ran for their homes, the clanging of the bells could be heard in the nearby towns of Frielton and Sedune. In the middle of Lilleport was a large stone tower with a fire pit on the top. The guard threw a lit torch onto the fire pit and within seconds there was a mighty blaze atop of the stone tower. This gave the signal for other beacons to light their fires, eventually the long line of beacons would reach Calindra and alert the forces there that the d'Fleuvians were here.

The Lilleport garrison was given the order to retreat to neighbouring Sedune in an event of an invasion. Leaving the populace at the hands of the enemy. However, soon the mobilised armies of Capsland would arrive to push back any d'Fleuvian advance. The Royal army from Capdon and Grand Capslandian Navy from Port Louis were still being assembled and would take at least a week to arrive in Calindra. This, however, reassured King George. He knew that the d'Fleuvians could not hold onto Capsland for so long which made him wonder, 'What are they trying to do?'.

The small Lilleport garrison started marching, 500 Infantrymen, 250 Horsemen and 450 Archers all marched out of the town towards Sedune, leaving the fate of Lilleport in the hands of the d'Fleuvians.

23rd of January, Calindra City
On the city walls, the guards walked lazily across waiting for something to happen. Then suddenly, the nearby beacon was lit. A messanger sitting on the wall jumped up immediately and ran for the palace. Eventually he got there and burst the doors open.

"My lord! My lord!" He shouted as he hastily bowed down in front of the King. "My lord, the d'Fleuvians have landed at Lilleport. I suspect by now they already have the whole town under their control. I believe the army stationed at Riverend will already be on the move and closing in on Sedune, the designated meeting point."

"Ah good. So the d'Fleuvians finally show their cowardly faces. Bring me my horse! We ride for Sedune!" He announced as he got up and walked out of the room with his generals following him. The Calindran Army stood at a proud 4,000 Infantrymen, 2,000 Cavalrymen and 3,000 Archers, it would meet up with the Riverend Army of 3,500 Infantrymen, 1,750 Cavalrymen and 3,000 Archers in a day.

Last edited by Capsland on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 am

Kielva, Tazios

In 20 years the Rezonic (Rezua's olde name) Kingdoms had not had a meeting where all 5 monarchs met in person. That alone was scary enough. The Kielvan king, Elindere Kilvomar, was dressed in knight's armor as where the Bonstouv King, Tomzatir Baldr, and the Rezovian King, Heldar Borimer. The Queen of Ivbora Alessia Lussenbard wore a strange mix of a dress with chain-mail placed over the top and armored plates on the sleeves. She didn't want to look out of place among these men. Only King Mator Deviolar of Ethetar, wore his robes. The monarchs shifted uneasily around each other after they ended their small talk. Elindere spoke first "I know what we're all thinking. The Rezonic Federation has not been so friendly and strong as it was when I was but a mere boy. I want to stress that this is not about just one of us. We are all in danger. Rezovia is most in danger, being cut off from the Federartion, probably next threatened is Ethetar, a farming kingdom...but noble at heart." Elindere added that last part to not insult Mator. Elindere looked around and could see the mixed looks of worry and fear, he was right. Suddenly Tomaztir spoke"These d'Fleuve bastards will be on us in a matter of weeks. They did not honor their promise to not bother Capsland. Now they are at war! We will be crushed by them if we don't support Capsland now."

Alessia asked calmly "Who said they'd attack us? They made no move against us." Heldar shot back quickly "They're becoming an empire! What do you expect them to do? Let us stay rulers? And what of the peasants and farms? Don't you think they want our fertile lands?" All the monarchs remained silent for a few seconds. Heldar had voiced their fears, there was no comforting themselves.

Elindere said "I will lead the armies. Tomaztir, if you will you stand beside me, I want you to be my second-in-command. We are old knights and have been in war before." Tomaztir nodded "I will follow." Helder said "I will bring up the ships." With a smart hesitation he said " I don't think Queen Alessia should go to war." Alessia crossed her arms, her chainmail clanging with her plated sleeves "And what am I to do? Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I can't wield a sword." To show she was serious she drew her blade and slashed down on a stone holding the map down on the table. It cracked in half. The men stared at her bewildered but soon Elindere spoke ""Queen Alessia, if we are to fight a war you must lead the federation. What's the point of losing 4 monarchs? Please stay home and prepare the federation for war." Alessia understood she had just been given the power of Supreme Monarch, to manage all the federation's lands until after the war. She nodded lowly "So be it." Elindere turned to Mator and said "You will lead the last line of defense. Build as many fortifications as you can. Protect the homelands."

Elindere looked around the room and then watched as they all signed a document. War was declared on d'Fleuves. However the declaration was not sent yet. The Federation would wait a little bit longer.

King Elindere Kilvomar: Image

Knights of the Federation: Image

Foot Soldiers of the Federation: Image

Number of Soldiers (Combined Strength)

Foot-soldiers: 7,000
Kinghts: 900
Archers: 2,030
Total: 9,930

Navy:

Galleon(s): 1
Small Galleons: 26
Naval Soldiers: 2,000

Population of Federation: 230,000
Last edited by Rezua on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:39 am

Tag...

(Def not spam :D )
The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby De Fleuves » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:19 am

23rd of Janurary, Lilleport
Mathieu watched from afar as the tower's garrison fled as they arrived

"It appears that the Capslandians didn't know we were arriving to the dinner. Good, less organized soldiers for us to fight."

"Your majesty, it appears that he Capslandians are assembling their forces and preparing to attack us. I think you would prefer to fight the small garrison here rather than the garrison of all the towns around combined."

"That is also true, but at least they left us some food to hunt."

Mathieu III signaled from his horse to the army to march and soon they would rampage through Lilleport, burning the village down to the ground and taking everything of value or anything edible. Everyone who was found was sliced into two. As many as 1,500 died. The army was now stocked on supplies from the pillaging and began marching towards Sedune for their next looting target. Fire blazed in the skies as they left the village, the only reminder of what used to be there is the abandoned tower which was now covered in black ashes.

In the waters near Calindra under the dark night skies
Admiral François left the small galley's at Lilleport while taking the heavier ships with actual fighting capabilities southwards. He began sailing at morning when the land troops disembarked and arrived at night with great timing. Calindra's lights were seen from afar and the docked Capslandian navy was also found shortly after.

"Once we reach firing range, blaze the fleet. They won't know were it came from and they would never even see us. Quickly waste a single round of shooting and return to Lilleport." François ordered the captains of the ships

The fleet slowly approached and was ready to fire at any moment...
Human, not Humane

Philytumin
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Philytumin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:47 pm

General Background of Philytumin

The Kingdoms of Philytumin had been unified since the Great Wars over 500 years ago. The four kingdoms making up the unified state, were Philytumin, Guganheim, Cardoth and Maiar. Although small in size, the Kingdom of Philytumin boasted some of the best archers in the known world. They prided themselves on their army, specially designed for long range combat; a force of some 4,000 trained archers.

Although generally peaceful, it did have its fair share of wars throughout it's long history. The French speaking population traveled to De Fleuves regularly to bring in trade from the French nation.

High King Amis sat unceremoniously in his throne. To his right sat his lovely Queen Cateline, sitting straight in her chair; as befitted a lady of the court. To her right was Lower Kings Beauregard, Francis and Johan. The four kings made up the four prominent houses of Philytumin.

"Sires. Our kingdom is prosperous once more. The trading galleys have brought in a most wonderful array of pearls from the East." A frail messenger spoke quickly, bowing his head towards each of the kings, and twice for the queen.

"And what of our armies. I already know of the beginnings of War between Capsland and De Fleuves. It is only a matter of time before we are brought into this war. I hope to join the cause of the French as quickly as possible. I must make sure that we remain strong, despite these outside threats." The High King spoke slowly, as he was an old man soon to be on his death bed.

"Our army remains the same. 4,000 trained archers, 500 cavalry and 2,000 knights of the realm and all their infantry."

"Good. Good. It is my wish that we take our forces and join ourselves with the Kingdom of De Fleuves. By God's command, we may join forces to lay siege to a city supporting the usurper king in Capsland. Send a raven to their king at once."

The messenger bowed. King Amis turned his head towards his fellow kings. "King Johan, it is my wish that you lead our men into battle."

King Johan bowed his head, "By your Grace's command. I shall fight and die for God and Country."

"Good. Send the letter."

OOC: not gonna write a letter to De Fleuves, but in essence it is asking if you would like to lay siege to Woolenham
Last edited by Philytumin on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:54 am

The night of the 23rd of January, Calindra port
The Capslandian fleet floated quietly on the port's waters. The lights of Calindra illuminating the top of the water. All was calm and settled. Then suddenly a burst of fire came from out the darkness, presenting the d'Fleuvian navy and the monster that was about to come. The sailors were caught off guard, immediately two large galleys were set alight with everyone on board either burning or panicking and jumping into the water.

The alarms bells were rung and the garrison ran to their battlestations. Archers and little amount of cannons started firing into the darkness, luckily the light of the fire was lighting the enemy so that the archers weren't firing blindly. The Capslandian navy docked scrambled into attack position, all of this happening while the d'Feluvians were firing back.

After a period of skirmishing the quick naval battle was over. The Capslandian fleet of 2 large galleys, 15 medium galleys and 10 small galleys were reduced to 10 medium galleys and 9 small galleys. This was a heavy blow to the unprepared Northern Capsland.

25th of January, Sedune
The armies from Calindra and Riverend finally met each other at the meeting point. General Alan and King George met on the field outside the town to discuss their strategy.

"Your highness. You summoned me?" The general spoke.

"Yes. We must discuss the purpose of this battle and our strategy. Now. My army is full of trained professionals, recruited from the fair city of Calindra itself. However the army from Riverend is full of peasants that have been trained only slightly. This will surely spell out defeat at this battle, but winning is not the goal here. We must slow the d'Fleuvian advance until the Grand Royal Army of Capsland arrives from the south. Now, your army will take the Western side of the battleline. We will force the d'Fleuvians to engage us in combat on the open fields of Sedune."

"Sire, this plan is good. However, I feel as if my men would rather be stationed here on the side of the road leading to Riverend. It's more defensible and my archers will have more time to pepper the d'Fleuvians as they advance." He said as he pointed to the map.

Organised groups of soldiers walked around the King's battle tent, they were getting into position for the upcoming battle. The townspeople were all evacuating, either to Riverend and then to Castlefield or straight to Calindra. Within minutes the town of near 20,000 people was reduced to nearly 2,000. After the reports of Lilleport, the citizens weren't taking any chances.

"Good. So the plan is settled." The King announced. George knew that the loss here was going to shake morale even though it was his part of his plan for victory. Hopefully he would make it out alive.

In what seemed like only a few seconds, the enemy army was on the horizon, closing in on Sedune. The horn was blown and the troops rushed into position. The first major battle was about to commence.

25th of January, Port Louis Shipyards
The major shipyard of Port Louis was as busy as ever. The new King had just ordered the construction of "The Grand Royal Fleet of Capsland". It would soon consist of 7 large galleys, 25 medium galleys and 20 small galleys. This fleet would lead the counterstrike against the d'Fleuvians. Many people would lose their lives even building this many ships but they did it for the glory of the Kingdom and his majesty.
Last edited by Capsland on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby De Fleuves » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 am

24th of January, Lilleport's Ruins
The d'Fleuvien retreated quickly after the swift raid without even counting ships and went to the ruins of Lilleport. François was proud of the successful raid although he didn't knew the exact damage done to the Capslandian Navy, he knew for sure that the entire port area was seen ablaze. After counting his own ships he found that 2 medium sized galleys went missing, presumed sunken by the Capslandians. The other ships were lightly damaged but still needed repairing. François's orders were to build a base in Lilleport and dock the ships there. He ordered the construction of new piers and sent men to gather supplies to reconstruct the damaged ships. The d'Fleuvien Sailors built a colony in Lilleport and called it by it's d'Fleuvien name "Petiteporte".

25th of January, Sedune
Mathieu III and his army approached cautiously the town, already from afar they spotted King George's army and began planning an attack plan. Mathieu III turned to his secondary generals

"Listen up! Duke Plantier, you'll lead the right flank. Take your cavalry and slowly walk them through the town, use the buildings as concealment. Attack George's army without them even known where you are. Jaccoud, You'll lead the left flank, you'll be facing head-to-head with what appears to be a peasants army this shouldn't be a hard task, I'll let your instincts decide on your actions. Sir-Knight Plantier, you'll command the back ranks and the archers. We'll need synchronized and steady fire on the enemy until the infantry meets them at which point start firing with two-three ranks at a faster rate. Is everything understood?"

The generals nodded in agreement. Mathieu dismissed them to their ranks and they began marching towards George's army after reaching the closest edge of the town they stopped and began a stand-off against the Capslandians, getting in a steady formation, breathing and getting ready to attack. Both armies appeared to be the same size.

"Archers..." said Mathieu and Sir-Knight Plantier raised his hand, the archers raised their bows and drew the strings. After sharply lowering his hand the archers released and lines of arrows began flying towards George's army. Mathieu signaled the cavalry to start riding, Duke Plantier and Jaccoud pulled their horses and they began running towards George. Duke Plantier's ranks went straight through the ghost town for concealment from the enemy. Once the cavalry would first strike George's army, Mathieu III would charge with his infantry for the battle, aiming to get George's head.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:51 pm

25th January, Sedune
As the d'Fleuvian archers started firing, the infantry lines raised their shields to protect themselves from the hail of arrows. The archers in the front lines took most of the hits. King George then shouted, "Archers! Fire upon the cavalry!". The archer lifted up their bows and fired on the incoming cavalry charge from the left flank. The arrows fell from the sky, landing upon the unexpecting cavalry. Other archer groups did not fire upon the cavalry as they were out of range, however, they still found a target. The enemy archers themselves. Arrows now fell onto the cavalry and enemy archers.

General Alan saw the incoming attack on his army by the cavalry and sent out his cavalry to engage them head on, in order for the archers to have a chance to fall back behind the infantry. The 1,750 cavalry charged to the enemy cavalry. They clashed on the open field. The sounds of men's screams along with the horses neighing was prominent, along with the clashing of swords.

On the right flank, the 2,000 strong cavalry flank made their way around the north of Sedune, unaware that the enemy cavalry had passed them by walking through the town. The cavalry stopped and saw the opposing army's back, perfect for a cavalry charge. The commander of the cavalry used his initiative, he stopped the 2,000 men and shouted, "CHARGE!". The cavalry all yelled in unison, charging towards the backs of the enemy forces soon to hit them straight in the back.

As the archers moved back behind the infantry lines, the enemy infantry rushed towards the Capslandians. The troops clashed in the chaos of battle. The noise was immense. Then the cavalry appeared and finally smacked into the back of the d'Fleuvian infantry, killing a few archers on their way. This, however, proved to be in vain. Although the cavalry killed many d'Fleuvian troops, the ill trained Capslandian peasants tooke major losses. The losses amounted to 400 archers dead, 1,500 infantry dead and 200 cavalry dead and the losses were continuing to rise.

King George realised his losses were gathering up. He knew that he had bought all the time he could get.
"Men! Back to Calindra! We have stalled them!". He shouted.
With that the troops dispersed and ran from the battle, a few soldiers stayed behind to cover the retreat. A small village away from Sedune was the meeting point. The tired troops gathered and marched on from Calindra. The losses were estimated at 3,400 Cavalry, 3,000 Infantry and 2,500 Archers. Soon the army would be back at Calindra and the King would leave to meet with his Southern Army.
Last edited by Capsland on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby De Fleuves » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 am

25th of January, Sedune
Mathieu III saw as the men retreated and he was quick to call his cavalry flanks

"Duke Plantier! Jaccoud! Avoid the enemy distractions and pursue the pretender!"

The two quickly marked for their ranks to follow George and ran right through the enemy in efforts to capture or injure at least one of the Capslandian generals.

The battle was coming in an end as the last of the Capslandian soldiers died or surrender, in which case he would anyway have his throat sliced. The battlezone was nothing but a dug-up grave yard. Mathieu ordered his ranks to return in formation and counted the loses. The archer's ranks suffered the most with 2,476 dead or missing next are the infantry would lost 1,267 of their ranks and lastly were the cavalry who lost merely 126 of their ranks. The d'Flueviens were known to train some of the best knights and cavalrymen at the time. The victorious army shouted battle-cries as they looted the ghost town of what the locals had left for them.

Here, Mathieu had two options for two scenarios. If George retreated to Riverend then this would be Mathieu's next destination to scatter George away from Northern Capsland once and for all, and if George went to Calindra he would need to scavenge the town for wood and later use it for siege equipment to siege the city walls.

As dust arrived, Duke Plantier and Jaccoud returned with nothing in their hands but they gained vital information that George was routed to Calindra and not Riverend. The army would stay for another day in Sedune to gather as much wood and equipment as they can find and they would begin marching to Calindra. Sir-Knight Plantier was sent with a small detachment of 1,000 cavalrymen and 4,000 footed soldiers eastward to Dagerham and Frielton where he would assure the locals of the new divine ruler and eliminate any resistance. From the eastern villages he would go to Riverend, occupy it and establish and outpost there. Until he would reach Riverend it would take at least 14 nights.

26th of January, Sedune
As the morning of the 26th arrived, Sir-Knight Plantier went on his away separating from the main army while Mathieu and his army stayed to scavenge the town until noon when they would begin their own 3 days march to Calindra.
Human, not Humane

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:56 am

28th of January, Calindra
The tired, battered army finally made their way into Calindra through the gates. The soldiers made their way to the military quarter of the city to get some well needed rest for the days to come. General Alan approached King George.

"Sir, it seems that while we were battling the d'Fleuvians, they launched a raid on the Calindran port. Many of the levy ships were lost or damaged."

"No worries. My grand fleet shall be ready soon, it set sails for the North of Capsland from Port Louis soon."

"Any word of the Southern Army?"

"No, not yet. But I imagine they are already marching here. 30,000 fresh troops will see the end of this phase of the war. The Capslandian people shall finally be safe."

"I hope so. Calindra will fall soon. The Southern levies are our only hope."

King George hopped back onto his horse and looked down at General Alan.
"You are in charge here. Let the d'Fleuvians starve themselves on the worn out farms of Calindra. I ride for Lightmoore. There I shall rendezvous with the Southern Levies and organise the army to retake Calindra."
George didn't give Alan a chance to speak, he pulled the reins on his horse and hastily galloped out of the city gate. The gate slammed shut behind him, the sound of the chains prominent.

30th of January, One Mile North of Valian
The troops all marched in unison. These troops were Capsland's answer to invasion, the true King's army. They had not heard of the loss at Sedune, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was that King George was still alive and the armies of Capsland kept marching. As long as those factors were true, Capsland could not fail. Or so, that was what the propaganda said.

"General Tallia! We must follow the coast to Lightmoore! The King's orders." An advisor said as he got to the top of a hill with his horse to meet the general.
General Tallia had been fighting in the Goldwyn revolts, he knew how to battle on Capslandian soil and since he was fighting the native French people of Goldwyn, he had a personal prejudice against them.
"Very well. We will reach Lightmoore via the coast and Kallin. We will put that army into forced march until we get to Kallin, there they will rest for a day and continue marching. We should reach the North within a week, two at the most." The General said as he looked down on the army from the hill.
"Yes sir".

Last edited by Capsland on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby De Fleuves » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:14 am

1st of February
Mathieu III's army was closing in on Calindra in their march. The soldiers were battleready and warm from Sedune almost eager for more blood shed but these weren't Mathieu's plans. They reached a hill north of Calindra with a view over the city where Mathieu gathered his generals to discuss...

"We don't have enough men to straight assault the city we would have to lay a siege on it until reinforcements arrive from d'Fleuves. Duke Plantier and Jaccoud, I want you two to manage to army and start a siege on the city. Don't let any supplies in neither do let any messengers out. Isolate it completely, no mercy. Arrange among yourselves the plan and build camps around the city far away from it's range of fire. Understood?"

"Yes your majesty! But sir, where are you going?" said Duke Plantier

"I will return to Admiral François in Petite-Porte where we would gather another army from d'Fleuves. Once we return we will commence an assault on Calindra. Meanwhile inflect as much damage as possible, even use infected cows as weapons."

The King and his generals departed to their missions. Mathieu, unaware of the coming southern army that would annihilate Duke Plantier and Jaccoud and proud of his accomplishments and victories.

Mathieu would reach Petite-Porte on the 10th although his reinforcements won't arrive until the end of the month in the 21st. On the 9th of the month Sir-Knight Plantier would reach Riverend securing d'Fleuve's rulership over north-eastern Capsland and watching the border.
Human, not Humane

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:38 am

Port Louis

The ambassador slowly took to the steps of the galley to take a look a the city. After several weeks of travel he was happy to have his feet on terra firma. Dressed in a simple cloak, with message and sword at his side, the man looked around. His brown hair blew in the wind. The sails ruffled in the breeze. Water, lapping against the side of the boat, was mirky and smelt of rotten fish and raw sewage. Sailors tugged on the lines.

"Watch ya heads, tackin'!" one of them shouted at the ambassador. The triangle sails came flapping across the boat. Suddenly they caught the wind and were slammed into position. The vessel continued to port. As they passed by the other vessels the ambassador made note of the conditions. They were not unlike any other city in the Empire.

After taking refuge behind a breakwater and dropping anchor the ambassador went below to change into his official uniform. The man wore orange pants, with a white shirt complemented with brass buttons. He donned on a snow white jacket, highlighted in yellow thread. Over this he wore a simple grey cover to protect his uniform from the elements. Taking his sword and message he continued onto a rowboat that paddled its way to shore. The wind howled as the party came ashore. Ambassador Richards hired a carriage to take them to the seat of goverment. Upon arrival at the house the ambassador requested an audience with the Duke of the city.

The ambassador was told he could see the Duke for a brief period of time. With this golden news the ambassador took off his cover jacket and walked into the hall. After making the necessary diplomatic kindnesses he showed the seal to the Duke. It was unbroken, written from the Emperor himself.

Great Duke, my Emperor, Lord Charles the Iv of Jamestown, King of the Five Kingdoms, Sailor of Seas, Overseer of Rezua, Master of the Senkarian People, Ruler of the South and rolling hills of Agria, seeks to provide his assistance against the barbarians of the north. My liege seeks the independence and cooperation of the Capsland people. For this, we are willing to provide sword and men, raise hosts and crush enemies, to achieve this goal. Here I have a message for your Leige. It is of the utmost importance that he receives this message with all haste.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:37 am

1st of February, Calindra
The Calindran guard, tasked with securing the walls, saw the d'Fleuvian army approaching. They knew that there would be reinforcements from both sides of the war arriving. All they could do now was wait and hide behind the walls until help finally arrived.

"Issue a curfew, tell the people to stay in their houses until morning. Keep the port open so we can get the valued grain imports and exports running" Said the Master of the Guard.

"Yes sir" Then a guard ran to the town centre to shout out the news.

The slums and markets on the outside of the walls were left. Many of the traders made their way into the city while the peasants in the slums stayed in their houses outside the wall. However, some peasants got lucky and hid in the traders wagons to make their way into the safe city.

With the supplies stored and the populace safe, it was only a matter of time before the southern army would arrive to alleviate the city.

3rd of February, Port Louis
Duke Frederick, Duke of Port Louis and protector of the city read the letter closely. The Duke had considerable power, he has been the first Capslandian noble to support King George and he had control of Capsland's current capital, Port Louis. He has recently saw the Southern Army march for the north, he knew where they were rendezvousing with the King but he decided to take matters into his own hands. He looked at the ambassador.

"Very well. On behalf of Capsland and it's proudly independent people I accept this hand of cooperation. Tell your liege that Capsland stands by him during this war."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents