NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate] - Version 3

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:39 am

Battlion wrote:If someone could link me to all bills proposed in my absence?

I'm fully back tomorrow, so will update then.

*PpT*

Proposed? Do you mean submitted to the queue?
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:40 am

Britanno wrote:
Battlion wrote:If someone could link me to all bills proposed in my absence?

I'm fully back tomorrow, so will update then.

*PpT*

Proposed? Do you mean submitted to the queue?

Yes, that ;)

*PPT*

Next Washington
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Next Washington » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:36 pm

so this vote is over now...

for he next category, business and finance, please don't forget to add my CRA --> http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=17122282#p17122282
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so" - RR
"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." - AG
Factbook Military Statistics
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Final Vote Count

Office of Privacy Protection Act
Aye: 33
Nay: 10
Abstain: 1

*PASSED*

Secular State Act II
Aye: 28
Nay: 16
Abstain: 1

*PASSED*

First Amendment to the Protection of Religious Freedom for Minors Act
Aye: 21
Nay: 20
Abstain: 3

*PASSED*

Anti-Loopholes Act
Aye: 36
Nay: 6
Abstain: 2

*PASSED*
Last edited by Britanno on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Battlion it is just this one and the bill one post below.

Senate President pro Tempore
Civilian

Founded: Jul 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 am

Thank you Brit for your excellent vote counting skills :)

I shall update everything now

- Battlion
Current Officer: David Sloman
Questions/Comments/Concerns? Contact us at one of the following:

senatepresprotemp@auremail.com
(103) 265-3984-991

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:01 am

All Bills have been added etc, now we move on to the Business and Finance Category. Now I know people are desperate to vote for the budgets however that is in the next section therefore we will be doing section A first. I have allowed the Oppositions budget due to there being absolutely no law to prevent them from doing so, both budgets will be available at the same time.

Nonetheless, we shall now move on to Section A of Business and Finance.

Debate shall last 72 hours, so how about some proper debate for these 72 hours.

- Battlion

(103) 265-3984-991

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 am

Any questions about the Landfill Tax Act?

Fire em my way.

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 am

Battlion wrote:Any questions about the Landfill Tax Act?

Fire em my way.

OOC: Why do you have to create extra reading homework after I have just marked 30 stories? :p

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:04 am

Britanno wrote:

Fire em my way.

OOC: Why do you have to create extra reading homework after I have just marked 30 stories? :p

OOC: Becuase, reading is fun

Slarvainian
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slarvainian » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Currency Reference Interim Clarification Act: For
Parental Leave Act: For
Child Benefit Allowance Programme Act: For
Labour Mediation Act: Abstain
Aurentine Landfill Tax Act: Abstain
Workplace Recovery Act: Against
Co-Determination Act: Abstaining for now
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy. And ideas are bulletproof.

Sophist, Ironist, the po-mo-neo-marxist Jordan Peterson warned you about.

I really enjoy talking ideas with people so feel free to TG me.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Slarvainian wrote:Currency Reference Interim Clarification Act: For
Parental Leave Act: For
Child Benefit Allowance Programme Act: For
Labour Mediation Act: Abstain
Aurentine Landfill Tax Act: Abstain
Workplace Recovery Act: Against
Co-Determination Act: Abstaining for now

Not voting, debating.

*PpT*

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Hunting and Conservation Act

Drafted by: Gothmogs
Proofread and edited by:
Co-sponsored by: Phalnia, NEO Rome Republic, New Zepuha, The Nihilistic View
Category: Environment and Energy

Regulation of Hunting
1a. The responsibility for the regulation of hunting is confirmed to be one of the roles of the Ministry of Environment.
1b. All animals which full under the classification of 'vermin' are allowed to be considered game for the purpose of this bill.
1b. Animals which may be legally hunted but are not vermin are to be designated as 'game'.
1c. Deer is to be considered neither game nor vermin, but this bill recognises the necessity in an annual cull.
1d. The Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists is hereby created as a government-sponsored organisation to protect the rights of hunters and promote conservationism.
1e. The Ministry of the Environment and the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists are to work together to faciliate the creation of several hunting licenses, which may be a requirement for several kinds of hunting, including hunting on public property and the culling of deers. It shall be the role of the Confederation to teach these liceneses
1f. It is mandated that these licenses are to be offered for free by the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists and that at least 8 weeks of preparation training for these licenses are to be offered for free at the expense of the Ministry of the Environment.

Hunting on Federal Property
2a. Hunting game and vermin on federal property shall be decided at the discretion of the respective federal property, however by default, hunting of any kind is automatically banned.
2b. All National Parks are required to establish a hunting lodge.
2c. Anyone wishing to hunt on a National Park must be properly licensed by the Confederation, in addition to being registered members of their hunting lodge.
2d. The population of game on a National Park is to be regulated by the Gamekeeper, who may set the population and maintain it by hunting vermin and the game. If the population is affecting the environment of the National Park, then the National Park may issue a formal complaint to the Ministry of the Environment, who may regulate to a more acceptable one.
2e. Hunting quotas for each month in a year tailored for each species of vermin present on the National Park are to be set annually by the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists and the Ministry of Environment. If a quota is enforced, then each killed animal is required to be reported to the hunting lodge on site. Radios are to be provided free of charge for each member of the hunting lodge in order to ensure this done quickly.

Hunting on Local Property
3a. Hunting game on local property shall be decided at the discretion of the respective local property and within the limits of local law; however, by default, hunting of any kind is automatically banned.
3b. If provinces or local subdivisions have an equivalent to a reserve, then it is the discretion of said reserve and for the legislative branch of the province to regulate and restrict hunting. If a province does not legislate on this, then the same rules regarding federal property shall apply.

Hunting on Private Property
4a. Vermin and game on private property may be freely hunted with permission of the private property owner, within the limits of hunting law universally applying to all.
4b. A deer my be shot on private property that is regarded as farmland by the Ministry of the Environment during the closed season if all conventional methods, to be set by the Ministry of the Environment, have been exhausted and the said hunter is licensed to hunt deer.

Regarding Vermin
5a. The Ministry of the Environment may classify a species as 'vermin', which is to consist of animals considered a nuisance to human activities.
5b. A list of vermin must be maintained and anually updated by the Ministry of the Environment.

Regarding Game
6a. In conjunction with the Ministry of the Environment, the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists may classify a species as 'game', defined as species of wild animals which are hunted for sport or food.
6b. A list of game must be maintained and annually updated by the Ministry of the Environment.

Regarding Licenses
7a. The content and requirements of each license is mandated to be set by the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists and reviewed by the Ministry of the Environment.
7b. The Hunting License is a license which signifies that the holder is considered a responsible hunter. It is required to ensure that a holder adequately understands hunting and conservation law and hunting in general.
7c. The Deerstalking License is a license which signifies that the holder may shoot deer during on-season periods. It is required a holder adequately understands the methods of shooting deer and the laws regarding it
7d. The Gamekeeping License is a license which signifies that holder is qualified for gamekeeping. It is required to ensure that the gamekeeper adequately understands the position.
7e. The Offseason-Deerstalking License is a license which is issued to a shooter who has been requested by a farmer to clear deer from the farmer's property after all conventional means have been exhausted. The Offseason-Deerstalking License is required to list the number of deer that may be shot on the property. The license is exhausted once the required number of deer has been shot.
Acknowledgements:
- All credit for the writing of this bill should be given to Ivan Sallustro

I wish to submit this to be added to the queue.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Slarvainian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Slarvainian » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Fire em my way.

what will be the overall tax rate that will be enforced on disposable landfill?
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy. And ideas are bulletproof.

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Gothmogs wrote:

Proofread and edited by:

Regulation of Hunting
1a. The responsibility for the regulation of hunting is confirmed to be one of the roles of the Ministry of Environment.
1b. All animals which full under the classification of 'vermin' are allowed to be considered game for the purpose of this bill.
1b. Animals which may be legally hunted but are not vermin are to be designated as 'game'.
1c. Deer is to be considered neither game nor vermin, but this bill recognises the necessity in an annual cull.
1d. The Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists is hereby created as a government-sponsored organisation to protect the rights of hunters and promote conservationism.
1e. The Ministry of the Environment and the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists are to work together to faciliate the creation of several hunting licenses, which may be a requirement for several kinds of hunting, including hunting on public property and the culling of deers. It shall be the role of the Confederation to teach these liceneses
1f. It is mandated that these licenses are to be offered for free by the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists and that at least 8 weeks of preparation training for these licenses are to be offered for free at the expense of the Ministry of the Environment.

2a. Hunting game and vermin on federal property shall be decided at the discretion of the respective federal property, however by default, hunting of any kind is automatically banned.
2c. Anyone wishing to hunt on a National Park must be properly licensed by the Confederation, in addition to being registered members of their hunting lodge.
2d. The population of game on a National Park is to be regulated by the Gamekeeper, who may set the population and maintain it by hunting vermin and the game. If the population is affecting the environment of the National Park, then the National Park may issue a formal complaint to the Ministry of the Environment, who may regulate to a more acceptable one.
2e. Hunting quotas for each month in a year tailored for each species of vermin present on the National Park are to be set annually by the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists and the Ministry of Environment. If a quota is enforced, then each killed animal is required to be reported to the hunting lodge on site. Radios are to be provided free of charge for each member of the hunting lodge in order to ensure this done quickly.

3a. Hunting game on local property shall be decided at the discretion of the respective local property and within the limits of local law; however, by default, hunting of any kind is automatically banned.
3b. If provinces or local subdivisions have an equivalent to a reserve, then it is the discretion of said reserve and for the legislative branch of the province to regulate and restrict hunting. If a province does not legislate on this, then the same rules regarding federal property shall apply.

4a. Vermin and game on private property may be freely hunted with permission of the private property owner, within the limits of hunting law universally applying to all.
4b. A deer my be shot on private property that is regarded as farmland by the Ministry of the Environment during the closed season if all conventional methods, to be set by the Ministry of the Environment, have been exhausted and the said hunter is licensed to hunt deer.

Regarding Vermin
5a. The Ministry of the Environment may classify a species as 'vermin', which is to consist of animals considered a nuisance to human activities.
5b. A list of vermin must be maintained and anually updated by the Ministry of the Environment.

Regarding Game
6a. In conjunction with the Ministry of the Environment, the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists may classify a species as 'game', defined as species of wild animals which are hunted for sport or food.
6b. A list of game must be maintained and annually updated by the Ministry of the Environment.

Regarding Licenses
7a. The content and requirements of each license is mandated to be set by the Confederation of Aurentine Hunters and Conservationists and reviewed by the Ministry of the Environment.
7b. The Hunting License is a license which signifies that the holder is considered a responsible hunter. It is required to ensure that a holder adequately understands hunting and conservation law and hunting in general.
7c. The Deerstalking License is a license which signifies that the holder may shoot deer during on-season periods. It is required a holder adequately understands the methods of shooting deer and the laws regarding it
7d. The Gamekeeping License is a license which signifies that holder is qualified for gamekeeping. It is required to ensure that the gamekeeper adequately understands the position.
7e. The Offseason-Deerstalking License is a license which is issued to a shooter who has been requested by a farmer to clear deer from the farmer's property after all conventional means have been exhausted. The Offseason-Deerstalking License is required to list the number of deer that may be shot on the property. The license is exhausted once the required number of deer has been shot.
Acknowledgements:

Added

- Battlion

(103) 265-3984-991

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:54 pm

That workplace recovery act allows workers to take full control of the assets of a bankrupt company, whether or not management approves and whether or not debters approve.
The commies are attempting WEA yet again it seems
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:54 pm

Senate President pro Tempore wrote:
Gothmogs wrote:

Proofread and edited by:

Regulation of Hunting

Regarding Vermin

Regarding Game

Regarding Licenses
Acknowledgements:

Added

- Battlion

Thank you very much. :)
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Does the fourth clause of the Workplace Recovery Act literally mean that any business that goes bankrupt but workers want to run as a cooperative is bought by the government on behalf of the workers? So basically, we're buying businesses that go bankrupt when it won't even be us who gets the profit?

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Slarvainian wrote:

Fire em my way.

what will be the overall tax rate that will be enforced on disposable landfill?

If you have read the bill, which is very long yes I know, it does not set a tax rate but it leaves it flexible for the government to amend in it's budget. However, the intent of this tax is that as landfill usage goes down due to taxation that the tax itself can be lowered.

Slarvainian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Slarvainian » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:That workplace recovery act allows workers to take full control of the assets of a bankrupt company, whether or not management approves and whether or not debters approve.
The commies are attempting WEA yet again it seems

That's what I kind of thought. Even though this party is supposed to be true and real progressives, this was a little to far left wing for us.

Slarvainian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Slarvainian » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:59 pm

Battlion wrote:If you have read the bill, which is very long yes I know, it does not set a tax rate but it leaves it flexible for the government to amend in it's budget. However, the intent of this tax is that as landfill usage goes down due to taxation that the tax itself can be lowered.

If I may just ask one more question that's probably in the bill. What measures does the bill put into place that will prevent people from dumping their garbage in the woods behind their house or a ditch along side the road?

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm

I must say that I am disappointed the president would sponsor such an act, I always thought of him as a moderate, yet he seems to be sponsoring far let acts.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Slarvainian wrote:
Battlion wrote:If you have read the bill, which is very long yes I know, it does not set a tax rate but it leaves it flexible for the government to amend in it's budget. However, the intent of this tax is that as landfill usage goes down due to taxation that the tax itself can be lowered.

If I may just ask one more question that's probably in the bill. What measures does the bill put into place that will prevent people from dumping their garbage in the woods behind their house or a ditch along side the road?

This isn't a tax on people, but on Landfill operators...

If people do it in the woods behind their house or by the side of the road, they shall be subject to the legal system for any offences they may have done.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm

In addition, the core premise of the Co Determination act is flawed: Who the hell are we to tell corporations how to run their executive boards? Very few countries do such things, it would drive buissness away, and I dont exactly get the point of it. Seems like an stretch of government authority for no gain.

(from the Workplace Recovery Act)
Further recognising that this will require the implementation of systems which empower workers to recover their workplaces and run them on fair and democratic lines,

EDA and WEA inspired indeed. Will they ever learn?
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Slarvainian wrote:

That's where the Littering Prevention Act comes in. ;) It's under environment.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Also, bonobos.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives