NATION

PASSWORD

World Korfball Classic IV (DISCUSSION)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Founded: Aug 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 pm

An Official Bid to host the
Fourth World Korfball Classic
from the United Kingdom of Ingla Terra

Nation Info
Ingla Terra is a nation based in Esquarium. Having a 'european' culture and heritage, the nation is undertaking cricket and korfball as its main sports, aside from of course, association football (or soccer). There is a unclaimed territory at west of Ingla Terra and is bounded by the nations of Itano, Darussalam and Gaveo.

The nation has a mainland and an Island called Freedom Island. This is located at the north of mainland, which is covered by bodies of water.

Map of Esquarium: Here

OOC Information
If you are wondering, "Who is this nation trying to host an international event with only eight or nine posts in his belt and just founded one month ago?", the user behind Ingla Terra is actually Sangti, four months in NationStates and has thrived to be the one of the best nations here.

Hosting experience
I have hosted minor tournaments in NS Sports (all as Sangti unless specified):
4th International FireStorm Cup
2nd International Baseball Slam
1st Trofeo de Paz (basketball)
9th Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17 (as Alitaba)
Co-organizer of IUBC, along with Buyan (new format, originating from Falconfar/Yesopalitha)

Format
If signups close at 16, then four groups of four will be implemented, but if signups reach up 24, then four groups of five or six can be implemented. For 16 signups, these four groups of four will be a double round robin format, otherwise, it will only be a single round robin. The top two of each group, regardless of group composition, will advance to the quarterfinal round, which will be single elimination. The semifinals and third place series will be best of three, and the finals will be best of five. All matches will be held in converted stadiums in Ingla Terra.

Tiebreakers will be as follows:
  • Points difference
  • Playoff match, if needed

RP Bonus and Scorination
I will cutoff RPs at 1300 Philippine time (UTC +8). Posting a roster will merit a RP bonus corresponding to a matchday RP. Matchday RP bonus will be graded from 1-3, with 0 reserved for no RP. RPs will be judged by quality, and multiple RP posts, regardless of how many it is, will be graded as a single RP.

The korfball function of xkoranate will be used, with the maximum skill equated for the group stages into the rank of New Sideburn added by 3, which is the max RP bonus per matchday multiplied by the number of matchdays, which still depends on the format. The maximum skill will be adjusted in the championship rounds, adding 3 multiplied by the maximum possible matches in the championship round to the max skill in the group stages. For clarification, the maximum skill will be only changed once in the tournament, when the competiton reaches the quarterfinals.

A third party scorinator will scorinate Ingla Terra's championship matches (should we advance out of the group stage). If the third party scorinator also agrees to scorinate matches in our group, then it would be much appreciated.

OOC Schedule
If this bid is accepted, I will start the tournament on 29 September, Sunday, provided that the signups reach the acceptable number (16 at least, 24 at most). The schedule will still depend on the number of signups and I could only assure you as of this time that there will be a one day break between the group stages and the championship round.

If you have questions, post a reply in this thread.
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH OF INGLA TERRA
Region: Esportiva | Demonym: Inglan | Capital: Shiefield | Trigramme: ITR | Population 10,000,000
Puppet of The Royal Barangay

Shadowbourne
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowbourne » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:48 am

Well, we now have two host bids and fifteen nations signed up to compete. In the interest of accelerating the process, you may now sign up with a puppet in addition to your main nation. Please remember, there is only one spot left, so whoever signs up first gets it, regardless of whether it is a puppet or a main nation.

Assuming that we have 16 teams by the end of the day, the host voting process will begin tomorrow morning and end sometime early-to-middle of next week. With that in mind, anyone who still intends on making a bid should do so ASAP.

Demonym: Bournean || Trigramme: SDB || Population: 147,129,762 || Telephone Code: +817 || TLD: .sdb

3rd Place: WKC IV
2nd Place:
None
1st Place: None
NSTracker | Embassy Program | Factbook
This nation represents 75% of my real-life views.

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 am

patistans signs up for another sport except football and rugby
]

Shadowbourne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowbourne » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Patistan wrote:patistans signs up for another sport except football and rugby

And with that, signups are officially closed. Host voting will start tomorrow at 8:00 AM EST, so all host bids must be up by then to be counted. I will announce the winner at approximately 8:00 PM on Tuesday.

Anyone who has signed up for the tournament and has not posted a host bid themselves is eligible to vote. You can TG your selection to me on this account.

Demonym: Bournean || Trigramme: SDB || Population: 147,129,762 || Telephone Code: +817 || TLD: .sdb

2nd Place:
None

Shadowbourne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowbourne » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:17 pm

And the winner of the host vote, by a tally of 4 to 1, is...Ingla Terra!

Congrats to our winners, and commiserations to SJG. I will now turn the tournament over to Ingla Terra for the remainder of the process. Good luck to both the hosts and all of those participating!

2nd Place:
None

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Thank you for those who voted for my bid in the 4th World Korfball Classic.

HOST ANNOUNCEMENT: The Everything Thread will be open in 12 hours time.
Region: Esportiva | Demonym: Inglan | Capital: Shiefield | Trigramme: ITR | Population 10,000,000

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Ingla Terra wrote:Thank you for those who voted for my bid in the 4th World Korfball Classic.

HOST ANNOUNCEMENT: The Everything Thread will be open in 12 hours time.

Congratulations.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:08 am

The everything thread is up!

Some host clarifications:
  • There will be 4 groups of 4 teams.
  • There will be draws during the group stage, but not at the championship round.

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:32 am

Windport wrote: Who are male and who are female?

Patistan wrote:fixed that

Guys, I think I said this in the OP.

Ingla Terra wrote:Should you have any OOC inquiries, direct them to the OOC/discussion thread. Any OOC post shall be treated as an in-character RP.

Next time, you may post subsequent other concerns at this thread rather than the everything thread, OK?

This goes to all other participants in the event.

EDIT: Host announcement

MD1 scorination is moved by ten hours, now at 11:00 PM PH time. this is because I will cram my take home exam which is due tomorrow night here in Manila. MD2 scorination on Monday will also be moved to 5:00 PM PH time, to make way for pre-MD2 RPs.
Last edited by Ingla Terra on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Sideburn
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sideburn » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:24 pm

The old ways were best!

Original nation behind Nephara. New Sideburn now symbolises an ideal, rather than a nation.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:43 pm

First of all, I give my deepest apologizes by the things who happen in last 12-15 hours, and I accept a penalty or consecuence of my acts.

Sincerously yours

SJG
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm

IMPORTANT HOST ANNOUNCEMENT

Scorination for Matchday 2 has been indefinitely postponed. Please wait for further announcements.

Meanwhile, nations may still post their pre-MD2 RPs.

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:36 am

With the issue being sorted, the cutoff for matchday 2 will be on 1 PM Philippine Time.

Thank you for all your patience.

Windport
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Windport » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Sorry I haven't posted I haven't had a way to get on the internet until now, I just got my iPad back.
---Senator Alexander X. Winpo---
---Proud Member of the New Democrats
---

ALL ACTIVITY HAS MOVED TO THE NATION OF WINOVIA. PLEASE CARRY ON ALL RELATIONS WITH THAT NATION.

THIS ACCOUNT IS FOR NSG SENATE ONLY SO DON'T TG ME ABOUT RP OR GAMEPLAY

Feministvs Sanctvsterra
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feministvs Sanctvsterra » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:26 pm

As I hinted in my RP, I already had these done, with the exception of the result from Game 5. These use the same modified KPB formula from the previous rankings.

1. Feministvs Sanctvsterra 14.84
2. Some Village 14.8
3. New Sideburn 11.99
4. Shadowbourne 8.85
5. The Serbian Empire 7.46
6. Kriegiersien 6.98
7. Sicoutimont 3
8. Patistan 2.67
9. The Licentian Isles 2.4
10. The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2.39
11. Callumackbar 1.87
11. San Jose Guayabal 1.87
11. Windport 1.87
14. Indo-Pasif Archipelago 1.8
15. New Iskander 1.63
16. Levivania 1.6
16. Nova Pruthenia 1.6
18. St Lucoa 1.4
19. Schmiegelland 1.26
20. German Zerabithea 1.2
20. Slembana 1.2
22. Ingla Terra 1.07
23. Vaugania 0.96
24. The Babbage Islands 0.88
25. San Andreas 0.8
26. Sudagiu 0.6
27. Grandterre 0.35
27. Tanah Burung 0.35
27. The Paradystopi Lymryk Islands 0.35
30. Ancharmunn 0.27
31. Free Swiss States 0.2
OOC: Puppet of Saintland
IC: Not actually a nation. Feministvs Sanctvsterra is a feminist organization that is banned in Saintland. They are against the King's Government and Church of Saintland and are widely known for their provocative protests and their habit of entering sports events to promote their cause.

Some Village
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Some Village » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 am

Congratulations Feministvs!

Thanks for the solid organisation to Ingla Terra, this tournament deserved a lot more RPing!
Cycling: host of the Island Tours & the WToC
Rugby: participant in the AVRU & host RWC XXI
Swamp Soccer: fourth place in the last World Championship
Korfball: victor of the World Korfball Classic III, second of the WKC IV (KPB: 2th)
Olympics: medals: four. Not too bad for a micronation.

Member of Astyria
Confirmed Puppet: Buyan
Population: 254

Windport
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Windport » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:30 am

Some Village wrote:Congratulations Feministvs!

Thanks for the solid organisation to Ingla Terra, this tournament deserved a lot more RPing!

It did
---Senator Alexander X. Winpo---
---Proud Member of the New Democrats
---

ALL ACTIVITY HAS MOVED TO THE NATION OF WINOVIA. PLEASE CARRY ON ALL RELATIONS WITH THAT NATION.

THIS ACCOUNT IS FOR NSG SENATE ONLY SO DON'T TG ME ABOUT RP OR GAMEPLAY

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports