NATION

PASSWORD

[Accepted] When Life Doesn’t Give You Lemons...

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Sun May 29, 2022 12:45 am

Tinhampton wrote:Why does Option 1 have a doppelganger? I get the overtones of bribery but normally it's the customer paying the shopkeeper, plus the two Option 1s are otherwise identical :P

Verdant Haven suggested it to keep the bribery joke whilst remaining in compliance with a nations policies in case they have digital currency. And yes, doppelgängers are meant to be otherwise identical :p
Sonnel is the place.

7x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun May 29, 2022 5:47 am

West Barack and East Obama wrote:Verdant Haven suggested it to keep the bribery joke whilst remaining in compliance with a nations policies in case they have digital currency.
Except there isn't a bribery joke, because there is absolutely no mention of wealth being transferred or promised to be transferred, either physically or electronically.

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Mon May 30, 2022 2:25 am

Trotterdam wrote:
West Barack and East Obama wrote:Verdant Haven suggested it to keep the bribery joke whilst remaining in compliance with a nations policies in case they have digital currency.
Except there isn't a bribery joke, because there is absolutely no mention of wealth being transferred or promised to be transferred, either physically or electronically.

She winks and she slides a few coins across the table.

Sounds a little like bribery...
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Mon May 30, 2022 2:27 am

West Barack and East Obama wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:Except there isn't a bribery joke, because there is absolutely no mention of wealth being transferred or promised to be transferred, either physically or electronically.

She winks and she slides a few coins across the table.

I think that Trotters means the no coins doppelganger has no bribery aspect to it.

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Mon May 30, 2022 2:31 am

Baggieland wrote:
West Barack and East Obama wrote:

I think that Trotters means the no coins doppelganger has no bribery aspect to it.

Oh, that makes sense. Well, I couldn't think of a good equivalent (waving a debit card in LEADER's face doesn't have the same ring to it) so I just cut it out entirely. And I doubt there are many nations so advanced to move away from physical currency and yet also have middle ages-level scurvy epidemics at the same time :p
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Verdant Haven
Director of Content

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Verdant Haven » Tue May 31, 2022 1:13 pm

West Barack and East Obama wrote:Oh, that makes sense. Well, I couldn't think of a good equivalent (waving a debit card in LEADER's face doesn't have the same ring to it) so I just cut it out entirely. And I doubt there are many nations so advanced to move away from physical currency and yet also have middle ages-level scurvy epidemics at the same time :p

While the raw number isn't large, there is actually a humorously large proportion of scurvy-ridden nations that have fully digital money. I guess all those reclusive basement-dwellers and futuristic pod-people have trouble finding citrus!

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:38 am

Verdant Haven wrote:
West Barack and East Obama wrote:Oh, that makes sense. Well, I couldn't think of a good equivalent (waving a debit card in LEADER's face doesn't have the same ring to it) so I just cut it out entirely. And I doubt there are many nations so advanced to move away from physical currency and yet also have middle ages-level scurvy epidemics at the same time :p

While the raw number isn't large, there is actually a humorously large proportion of scurvy-ridden nations that have fully digital money. I guess all those reclusive basement-dwellers and futuristic pod-people have trouble finding citrus!

Wow! I wouldn't have ever thought of that.

Okay, I've changed the doppelganger option now. Do you all think this can be a worthy contest submission?
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:57 am

Crap, forgot to save that last draft. But the good news - I’ve edited this again, and will be submitting in a few days unless someone says otherwise!
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:10 am

Why are people failing to eat citrus? Is it because @@NAME@@ has an unfavourable climate with regards to growing citrus, a shortage of citrus, or dietary choices?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:17 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why are people failing to eat citrus? Is it because @@NAME@@ has an unfavourable climate with regards to growing citrus, a shortage of citrus, or dietary choices?

I'd prefer to leave that question open at the moment - restricting it to one certain factor might not make sense in the canon of other nations. All they need to know is that there is a scurvy problem.
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:13 am

Interestingly, as the Arctic has no fruits, Eskimos have adapted to eating more meat and less fruit than the average person, making them less susceptible to diseases caused by lack of fruit in their diets. Maybe a radical long rerm solution here could be to encourage people to mate with eskimos (or whatever NS's equivilant is) to inherit the genes that allow them to survive without fruit. Don't know how that apply to immigrants though
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:05 am

At that point, it would be more practical to just genetically engineer people directly. It's probably within NationStates's techlevel, given what we can do with vats and supersoldiers.

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:53 pm

Alright, submitted! Thanks everyone!
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:09 am

Good Luck!!!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?