NATION

PASSWORD

[1234 ISSUE] They Have the Whole Score

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon May 27, 2019 4:52 am

Why are we taking a game so seriously
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Mon May 27, 2019 5:51 am

Candensia wrote:
Baggieland wrote:Also, I don't see where the 1234 bit comes into this issue. I know there are four options, but it has to be more than that.

I’ll elucidate you. The connection stems from a rhyme usually said before engaging in thumb wrestling, also known as thumb wars.

What’s the rhyme, y’say?

”One, two, three, four, I declare thumb war.”

Thanks Candensia!
I've had a lifetime free of thumb wars!

Verdant Haven
Director of Content

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Verdant Haven » Mon May 27, 2019 7:47 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why are we taking a game so seriously

Well, to be honest it's A) in the rules, B) disrespectful, and for my own part, it annoys the heck out of me.

That said, my efforts are best spent ensuring my own issue is up to snuff, so I shan't be haunting this thread. I appreciate that the staff made a point of bringing it up the overlap, and I'll respect any decisions by them.

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Mon May 27, 2019 8:43 am

It is not ideal that the title should be 1234 I Declare Thumb War. First of all, if this issue wins the contest, this would mean that it would be called Issue #1234: 1234 I Declare Thumb War. The repetition of the number sequence 1234 is redundant and not pretty, so I suggest that you remove it. Also, "I Declare Thumb War" does not sound good to my ears, so I suggest that you add an "a" between the words "Declare" and "Thumb." This results in the great title "I Declare a Thumb War". But it seems that someone else has already used this idea before you, so I suggest that you use an entirely new one.
Last edited by The Marsupial Illuminati on Mon May 27, 2019 9:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
ὁ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon May 27, 2019 8:59 am

Again, I reiterate my suggestion to the OP that you do not use this title, and do use the resources provided to find a new idea, especially as Verdant Haven is bothered by the use of the title.

EDIT: Useful issue writing links are spoilered for easy access in my sig.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon May 27, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Eisegesis
Lobbyist

Founded: May 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisegesis » Mon May 27, 2019 9:34 am

The Marsupial Illuminati wrote:It is not ideal that the title should be 1234 I Declare Thumb War. First of all, if this issue wins the contest, this would mean that it would be called Issue #1234: 1234 I Declare Thumb War. The repetition of the number sequence 1234 is redundant and not pretty, so I suggest that you remove it. Also, "I Declare Thumb War" does not sound good to my ears, so I suggest that you add an "a" between the words "Declare" and "Thumb." This results in the great title "I Declare a Thumb War". But it seems that someone else has already used this idea before you, so I suggest that you use an entirely new one.

Where is this prior set of numbers before the title being displayed? It is on the issue where players can see it as a repeatition or is just for you guys when you look at it? If it is simply for some formatting list I do not see that as much of a real reason. Also, no one I know says "a" thumb war. Maybe that is the queenish English talking but in the common tongue pretty sure people do not say "a" thumb war. Its outside the rhythm and everyone is going go look at that like it is wrong. Not a great title.
Last edited by Eisegesis on Mon May 27, 2019 10:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

Eisegesis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisegesis » Mon May 27, 2019 9:38 am

The Free Joy State wrote:Again, I reiterate my suggestion to the OP that you do not use this title, and do use the resources provided to find a new idea, especially as Verdant Haven is bothered by the use of the title.

EDIT: Useful issue writing links are spoilered for easy access in my sig.

I just got back to this and will get back to this later. It will update when the draft does otherwise I have nothing to change and no direction right now.

EDIT: It has been updated. New issue, new title. Can you swear in issues if its censored, and big fat tf2 reference, is that all ok?
Last edited by Eisegesis on Tue May 28, 2019 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eisegesis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisegesis » Wed May 29, 2019 12:19 pm

Would option four be considered proactive if that "nothing" created an impact on the nation?
Last edited by Eisegesis on Wed May 29, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri May 31, 2019 3:44 pm

If anything, I would punishes the person who failed to tell them that such a chant was a bad idea in such a place
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?