NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Demonic Possession Getting You Down?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

[SUBMITTED] Demonic Possession Getting You Down?

Postby Baggieland » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:18 am

Here's a new offering.

[TITLE] Demonic Possession Getting You Down?

[DESCRIPTION] Reports that more and more @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ are seeking exorcisms for being possessed by evil spirits are fuelling rumours of the impending apocalypse. A coalition of religious figures have come to your office to see if you, @@LEADER@@, can save @@NAME@@ from eternal damnation.

[VALIDITY] must have medium to high religiousness

[OPTION] "I'm going to need some help here," says Father @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@, who represents the largest parish in @@CAPITAL@@. "My parish has thousands of citizens and they all claim to be possessed. I can't administer exorcisms to all these people all by myself. The government needs to set-up a massive recruitment drive for all the remaining non-possessed citizens to become priests and fast-track their exorcism training."

[EFFECT] the underworld is a lonely place as poorly trained priests fail to banish demons correctly

[VALIDITY] only for nations that haven't banned internet / computers
[OPTION] "That's going to take too long," suggests Bishop @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@. "My congregation are from Computer Chip Valley and together we have created an exorcism app that all non-possessed citizens can download. The app can tell everyone how to perform an exorcism and what materials they need; then they can start de-possessing their family, friends and neighbours instantly. It may seem dodgy allowing all these untrained people to perform something as complicated as an exorcism, but we need to act now!"

[EFFECT] evil spirits abound as laymen discover that two chopsticks are no substitute for a cross

[OPTION] "Run, run for your lives, the four horsemen are already on their way," proclaims Monk de Willie de Honk. "We have to flee from the hordes of the apocalypse. I have a monastery on a tiny island in the remotest part of @@NAME@@. Let's bring all the remaining non-possessed @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ there, isolate ourselves and pray for God's protection."

[EFFECT] isolation and boredom make the apocalypse seem not so bad

[OPTION] Suddenly, a big, red guy holding a trident seems to appear out of nowhere. "There is only one way to deliver the @@DEMONYM@@ people. Tell all of them to present their souls to me, then I shall transport them all to the inner circles of my inferno. I'll be nice to them, I promise."

[EFFECT] @@LEADER@@ has a new office that has a propensity to catch on fire

[DESCRIPTION] Reports that more and more @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ are seeking exorcisms for being possessed by evil spirits are fueling rumours of the impending apocalypse. A coalition of religious figures have come to your office to see if you, @@LEADER@@, can save @@NAME@@ from eternal damnation.

[OPTION] "I'm going to need some help here," says Father @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@, who represents the largest parish in @@CAPITAL@@. "My parish has thousands of citizens and they all claim to be possessed. I can't administer exorcisms to all these people all by myself. The government needs to set-up a massive recruitment drive for all the remaining non-possessed citizens to become priests and fast-track their exorcism training."

[EFFECT] the underworld is a lonely place as poorly trained priests fail to banish demons correctly

[OPTION] "That's going to take too long," suggests Bishop @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@. "My congregation are from Computer Chip Valley and together we have created an exorcism app, called iExorcise, that all non-possessed citizens can download. The app can tell everyone how to perform an exorcism and what materials they need; then they can start de-possessing their family, friends and neighbours instantly. It may seem dodgy allowing all these untrained people to perform something as complicated as an exorcism, but we need to act now!"

[EFFECT] evil spirits abound as laymen discover that two chopsticks are no substitute for a cross

[OPTION] "Run, run for your lives, the four horsemen are already on their way," proclaims Monk de Willie de Honk. "We have to flee from the hordes of the apocalypse. I have a monastery on a tiny island in the remotest part of @@NAME@@. Let's bring all the remaining non-possessed @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ there, isolate ourselves and pray for God's protection."

[OPTION] Suddenly, a man dressed in a dark suit and holding a pile of contracts seems to appear out of nowhere. "There is only one way to save the @@DEMONYM@@ people from the apocalypse. Tell all of them to sign these contracts, then my master shall transport them all to a place far away from the imminent catastrophe. There's nothing to be suspicious about, my master is a reasonable fellow."

[DESCRIPTION] Reports that more and more @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ are seeking exorcisms for being possessed by evil spirits are fuelling rumours of the impending apocalypse. A coalition of religious figures have come to your office to see if you, @@LEADER@@, can save @@NAME@@ from eternal damnation.

[OPTION] "That's going to take too long," suggests Bishop @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@. "My congregation are from Computer Chip Valley and together we have created an exorcism app, called iExorcise, that all non-possessed citizens can download. The app can tell everyone how to perform an exorcism and what materials they need; then they can start de-possessing their family, friends and neighbours instantly. It may seem dodgy allowing all these untrained people to perform something as complicated as an exorcism, but we need to act now!"

[OPTION] Suddenly, a man dressed in a dark suit and holding a pile of contracts seems to appear out of nowhere. "I am from the law firm Lucifer, Beelzebub and Lucifer. My client has instructed me to inform you that there is only one way to save the @@DEMONYM@@ people from the apocalypse. Tell all of them to sign these contracts, then my client shall transport them all to a place far away from the imminent catastrophe. There's nothing to be suspicious about, my client is a reasonable fellow."

[OPTION] "That's going to take too long," suggests Bishop @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@. "My congregation are from Silicone Alley and together we have created an exorcism app, called iExorcise, that all non-possessed citizens can download. The app can tell everyone how to perform an exorcism and what materials they need; then they can start de-possessing their family, friends and neighbours instantly. It may seem dodgy allowing all these untrained people to perform something as complicated as an exorcism, but we need to act now!"

[OPTION] Suddenly, a man dressed in a dark suit and holding a pile of contracts seems to appear out of nowhere. "I am from the law firm Lucifer, Beelzebub and Lucifer. My client has instructed me to inform you that there is only one way to save the @@DEMONYM@@ people from the apocalypse. Tell all of them to sign these contracts, then my client shall transport them all to a place far away from the imminent catastrophe. There's nothing to be suspicious about, my client is a reasonable fellow."

[DESCRIPTION] Reports that more and more @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ are seeking exorcisms for being possessed by evil spirits are fuelling rumours of the impending apocalypse.

[OPTION] "What absolute humbug!" asserts @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, a religious sceptic. "All these people who claim to be possessed are nothing but attention-seeking drama-queens; demonic possession is not real. We need a public information campaign which states that demons are imaginary, the apocalypse isn't coming and everyone should just calm down."

[EFFECT] voices are telling the public everything is OK

[VALIDITY] only for nations that have banned internet / computers
[OPTION1a] "POSSESSED! I'm going to need some help here," screams Father @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@, he tackles the previous speaker and begins an exorcism right there and then. As your interns take over pinning her down, he turns to you. "My parish alone has thousands of citizens and they all claim to be possessed. I can't administer exorcisms to all these people all by myself. The government needs to set-up a massive recruitment drive for all the remaining non-possessed citizens to become priests and fast-track their exorcism training."

[EFFECT] laymen are discovering that two chopsticks are no substitute for a cross

[OPTION1b] "POSSESSED! I'm going to need some help here," screams Father @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@, he tackles the previous speaker and begins an exorcism right there and then. As your interns take over pinning her down, he turns to you. "My congregation, who are from Silicone Alley, have created the iExorcise app, that non-possessed citizens can download. The app can tell you how to perform an exorcism and what materials you need; then you can start de-possessing your family, friends and neighbours instantly. It may seem dodgy allowing untrained people to perform something as complicated as an exorcism, but we need to act now!"

[EFFECT] laymen are discovering that two chopsticks are no substitute for a cross

[OPTION] "Run, run for your lives, the four horsemen are already on their way," proclaims Monk de Willie de Honk. "We have to flee from this impending doom. I have a monastery on an island in the remotest part of @@NAME@@. Let's bring all the remaining non-possessed @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ there and trust that our isolation will keep us safe."

[EFFECT] navel-gazing is the latest craze

[OPTION] Finally, a man dressed in a dark suit and holding a pile of contracts seems to appear out of nowhere. "I am from the law firm Horace, Edward, Logan and Lee. My client has instructed me to inform you that there is only one way to save the @@DEMONYM@@ people from this calamity. Tell all of them to sign these contracts, then my client shall transport them all to a place far away from the imminent catastrophe. There's nothing to be suspicious about, my client is a reasonable fellow."

[EFFECT] @@LEADER@@ has a brand new office that has a propensity to catch on fire
Last edited by Baggieland on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:21 am

This looks pretty good. Would iExorcise be a good app name?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:25 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:This looks pretty good. Would iExorcise be a good app name?

I like that!

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:26 am

Baggieland wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:This looks pretty good. Would iExorcise be a good app name?

I like that!

Great, although that's about all I have.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Palos Heights
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am

Last option seems a bit too "in your face" about it.

Maybe make it a lawyer or HR representative and they need you to sign something away instead?
Silence means approval, so speak up for what matters or your voice will go unheard.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:46 am

Palos Heights wrote:Last option seems a bit too "in your face" about it.

Maybe make it a lawyer or HR representative and they need you to sign something away instead?

I like where you're coming from, I'll see if I can work it in.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:50 am

Maybe the last option could be the demonic equivalent to the "download our program because your phone has a virus" ads that just give you a virus, where they are offering to cleanse your people's souls for no charge, but they need everyone to sign contracts to let them access the souls, so pass a law making the signing of that contract mandatory, please.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Fueling only has one l.

Also, maybe this would be more appropriate for nations with medium to high religiousness and a national religion? It seems a more difficult issue for nations without one
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:16 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:Maybe the last option could be the demonic equivalent to the "download our program because your phone has a virus" ads that just give you a virus, where they are offering to cleanse your people's souls for no charge, but they need everyone to sign contracts to let them access the souls, so pass a law making the signing of that contract mandatory, please.

Thanks Mr. Evil Dictator, Sir :) . I'll put some of yours with some of Palos Heights'.

Fauxia wrote:Fueling only has one l.

Okey dokey.

Fauxia wrote:Also, maybe this would be more appropriate for nations with medium to high religiousness and a national religion?

Possibly. My reckoning is that nations with 0% to 49% religiousness aren't bothered about religion. Whereas 50% and higher, religion is a 'thing' in their nation. Does it need to have a national religion? I think possibly not.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:34 am

Well, you’re the Editor, I yield
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:23 am

So, what really gets me about this issue is that it seems to treat demonic possession as completely factual. We've had issues before that hinted at the possibility of the supernatural without confirming it, but outside of easter eggs, nothing that's outright incompatible with a mundane world. This draft, particularly the effect lines, seems to establish with the narrative voice that demonic possesion is objectively real.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Option 1- all eldigable people. Some faiths don't allow female priests
Also, I am quite religious and have heard stories of demonic possession. In those cases, I believe, the person doesn't know they're possesed and will actively avoid church.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:53 am

I's note on fuelling vs fueling, it depends which side of the Atlantic you're on. The general rule is to use your own nation's spelling rules, as that gives NS that lovely cosmopolitan vibe.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:05 am

Trotterdam wrote:So, what really gets me about this issue is that it seems to treat demonic possession as completely factual. We've had issues before that hinted at the possibility of the supernatural without confirming it, but outside of easter eggs, nothing that's outright incompatible with a mundane world. This draft, particularly the effect lines, seems to establish with the narrative voice that demonic possesion is objectively real.

Yes, that's why it's aimed at people who are more likely to believe in it.

Australian rePublic wrote:Option 1- all eldigable people. Some faiths don't allow female priests
Also, I am quite religious and have heard stories of demonic possession. In those cases, I believe, the person doesn't know they're possesed and will actively avoid church.

Um, it says 'Father @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:I's note on fuelling vs fueling, it depends which side of the Atlantic you're on. The general rule is to use your own nation's spelling rules, as that gives NS that lovely cosmopolitan vibe.

Yes, I cross-checked the British & Yankee spellings, sorry Fauxia, reverting back to a most Brittanic double L.

Reworded the last option as well.
Last edited by Baggieland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:05 am

Bump.

Still looking for a better parody of Silicon Valley everyone!

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:01 am

Could always go with Silicone Alley - an alley where people normally work with silicone but decided to make an app anyway. :roll:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:27 am

Jutsa wrote:Could always go with Silicone Alley - an alley where people normally work with silicone but decided to make an app anyway. :roll:

Thanks Jutsa!

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:35 am

Bump.

Any more comments before submission?

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:26 pm

I agree with Trotterdam: this draft just needs an option completely dismissing demonic possession as fictional in some form. You could play a joke that the other speakers react to this individual as someone who is possessed and thus perform an exorcism right in your office, but it has to be there. It's simply too glaring an absence.

Otherwise this is great!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:30 pm

My problem isn't the lack of speakers that don't believe in demonic possession, but rather that the effect lines treat it as completely factual instead of poking fun at the government combating an imaginary (or at least hard-to-prove) threat.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:26 am

Chan Island wrote:I agree with Trotterdam: this draft just needs an option completely dismissing demonic possession as fictional in some form. You could play a joke that the other speakers react to this individual as someone who is possessed and thus perform an exorcism right in your office, but it has to be there. It's simply too glaring an absence.

Otherwise this is great!

I love your idea of the other speakers performing an exorcism on the unbeliever in the office. Unfortunately, the option you suggest is called the dismiss button. Let me have a think about what else a 5th speaker could bring to the discussion.

Trotterdam wrote:My problem isn't the lack of speakers that don't believe in demonic possession, but rather that the effect lines treat it as completely factual instead of poking fun at the government combating an imaginary (or at least hard-to-prove) threat.

I don't know, I think they're pretty funny.
Last edited by Baggieland on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:46 am

I have a couple critiques to make. For the former option, I would like to suggest that the monk requests that you spread everyone out as far as possible across @@NATION@@, as fitting each and every @@DEMONYM@@ on a small island would be off-the-scale population density, not "isolation and boredom".
For the latter, I would change the name on the law firm, since using the name of the Devil and one of his archdemons is a bit on the nose. Maybe you could do something like the law firm of "Horace, Edward, Logan, and Lee", so that people have to reread it a couple times to figure it out.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:36 pm

So I've taken the time to draft in an idea where there is a skeptic who dismisses the whole demonic possession thing as ridiculous. I've worked the original first 2 options to take into account the idea of an exorcism being performed in front of you, hopefully in a funny way. Thoughts?

[[OPTION] "What ridiculous twaddle," scoffs a completely glazed-eyed @@RANDOMNAME@@, addressing the painting of your predecessor next to you."Demonic possession is not real and should be dismissed as such. The people need to be educated through a public information campaign saying that demons are imaginary, religion is fake, the apocalypse isn't coming and everyone should just calm down."

EFFECT] unnaturally distorted voices are telling the public everything is OK

[OPTION] "DEMON! I'm going to need some help here," screams Father @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@ as he tackles the previous speaker and begins an exorcism right there and then. As your interns take over pinning down the possessed, he turns to you."Just my parish alone has thousands of citizens and they all claim to be possessed. I can't administer exorcisms to everyone all by myself. The government needs to set-up a massive recruitment drive for all the remaining non-possessed citizens to become priests and fast-track their exorcism training."

[OPTION] "That's going to take too long," suggests Bishop @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@, while pointing a smartphone at the still-pinned first speaker. "My congregation are from Silicone Alley and together we have created an exorcism app, called iExorcise, that all non-possessed citizens can download. The app can tell everyone how to perform an exorcism and what materials they need; then they can start de-possessing their family, friends and neighbours instantly. It may seem dodgy allowing all these untrained people to perform something as complicated as an exorcism, but we need to act now!"

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

The Great Underground Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Underground Empire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 am

#897 was bad enough, no more obvious Christian references such as 'Lucifer', please.

None of my puppets are mainline Christian, so there's just no valid options in these kind of issues. For instance, I have a Gnostic puppet that worships Lucifer as the main good deity, yet these issues always portray him as evil. So choosing the pro-Lucifer options have the opposite stat effect than what'd make sense for the nation.
Last edited by The Great Underground Empire on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 am

The Great Underground Empire wrote:#897 was bad enough, no more obvious Christian references such as 'Lucifer', please.

None of my puppets are mainline Christian, so there's just no valid options in these kind of issues. For instance, I have a Gnostic puppet that worships Lucifer as the main good deity, yet these issues always portray him as evil. So choosing the pro-Lucifer options have the opposite stat effect than what'd make sense for the nation.

Yes. I must concur. The references are currently simply too on the nose. Why don't you tone it down and make it just a tad more ambigious instead?
Last edited by Singapore no2 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Published Issues
Death Note
This is a Modern-Tech nation. We only put a satellite and a man into space so far.
We are a Middle power, so if we die, so will some of the global economy.
We have the 8th largest sovereign wealth fund in the world. (RL world)
Pro: Regulations, Military, Law and Order
Anti: Freedom of speech, Discrimination, CHEWING GUM
Just so you know, I don't think like that. That stuff is roleplaying Singapore (itself, the real life nation)
I have many issues, and you can find the complete list here.

Quote of the year:
Fauxia wrote:Editors aren’t real people.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?