NATION

PASSWORD

WC 82 RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:36 am

Brenecia 2 - 1 Grod Island
(4-1-4-1) 20 - Farrell; 18 - Weaver, 5 - Heneghan, 22 - Varney, 19 - Prentice; 4 - Staunton; 15 - Garrard, 21 - Considine (14 - Ruskin 68'), 8 - Matheson, 16 - Ashbrown (11 - Keynes 79'); 17 - Bremner
Goals: Garrard 27', Bremner 53'

THE ROZELLE OBSERVER
Revitalised A-League reflected in Patriots makeup
Laura Mulholland

Not all was sun and roses in Brenecian football the day three and a half years ago that Catherine Gryphon lifted the World Cup. Indeed, it lead to an inquest on the state of domestic football on the island. The 23 players that won the tournament hailed from Valanora, Valladares, Eura, Buyan, Pasarga, Port Christopher, Audioslavia, Schottia, Nephara, Farfadillis, Vilita and Cosumar. None of them played in the A-League.

By contrast, the 23 chosen to take the fight to Eshan had eight A-League representatives. Granted, only one actually started against Eshan, Kingsgrove's Claire Ruskin, but all three substitutes plied their trade at home, and while relatively young players like Roisin Staunton of Kingsgrove have established themselves, some seasoned veterans such as World Cup winner (then of Kings Park, briefly of Usmer, now of Rozelle) Tiferet Ashbrown have come home.

The other players were Lenore Drummond and Cass Farrell, the backup goalkeepers (seemingly set in stone), Erica Weaver, who appears to have won the race to backing up Broxham at rightback, Shea Considine, seemingly the beneficiary of Falcon Case's sabbatical, and perhaps the most interesting case of all - Southern Star's Kara Ciogach.

The A-League's 16 places, frequent use of single-striker systems and need for proven results have made it so that it can be difficult for strikers to break through, but Kara Ciogach managed it at Star. She's Schottic by birth, and even won two caps for her home country, but has naturalised to Brenecia and leapt at the chance Jim Reid gave her. She rewarded that with a brace on her debut.

Does Ciogach's rise reflect that of the league as a whole? Well, the simple answer is... yes. Union's return to relevance and the league's recent boost in coefficient after the fallout from the Incident faded from the formula both help, as well as an influx of cash, more evenly distributed, that have lead to the rise of a middle class in Brenecian football - sides that have no fear of relegation, and hope for the Globe Cup. Sides like Southern Star, who can afford to produce the likes of Ciogach and Ruskin without fearing for their own safety, and test them in a league that's increasingly strong top-to-bottom.

Meanwhile, the rise in the rankings and strong international showings from the big three - Kingsgrove, Union and Rozelle - means that these places are now a legitimate destination, not just a stepping stone for ambitious players. Granted, they've done well in the past, but the (painfully accurate) perception in the past was that Brenecian teams could focus their full efforts on international tournaments due to the weakness of the domestic scene. That is no longer the case, and the entire league is richer for it. And with the league, the country.

BRENECIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 3
Goalkeepers:
1 - Cole Bruin (Brigham, EUR), 12 - Lenore Drummond (Rozelle), 20 - Cass Farrell (Northern Union)
Defenders: 2 - Fiona Marquess (Birdingstone United, ETN), 3 - Brigid Levein (Marque), 5 - Garrett Horgan (Northern Union), 6 - Rosena Grayndler (Rozelle), 18 - Erica Weaver (North Hall), 19 - Morwen Prentice (Crystal Fair HC, CRY), 22 - Garwyn Varney (Soldarian FC, VAL)
Midfielders: 4 - Roisin Staunton (Kingsgrove), 7 - Lauren Cheney (Kingsgrove), 8 - Elysse Matheson (Hornchurch, EUR), 11 - Ceridwen Fletcher (North Hall), 13 - Meghan Hartsdown (Ibini FC, VAL), 14 - Keziah Locke (Duke of the North, PAS), 15 - Cu Roi Garrard (Rene Skae, FFD), 16 - Isidra Corvey (Kingsgrove), 21 - Shea Considine (Northern Union), 23 - Pagan Redweald (Northern Stallions)
Forwards: 9 - Banshee Strider (Lotus Park), 10 - Kara Ciogach (Southern Star), 17 - Niall Bremner (Unioneers, EUR)

SCHEDULE
Alenburg 1 - 2 Brenecia
Brenecia 3
- 2 Xanneria
Porabasta 0 - 4 Brenecia
Brenecia 2 - 2 Banija
Eshan 2 - 3 Brenecia
Brenecia 2
- 1 Grod Island
New Peru vs. Brenecia
Geisenfried vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Huelavia
Brenecia vs. Alenburg
Xanneria vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Porabasta
Banija vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Eshan
Grod Island vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. New Peru
Brenecia vs. Geisenfried
Huelavia vs. Brenecia
Puppet of Nephara.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:41 am

Intermezzo: the Pythako-orean expectation

Is there anything out there that can tell us more about which teams will qualify? There is obviously the qualification table, but that does not take into account whether teams have already played the better teams in the group or just the worst six, for instance. There is the KPB ranking, which some nations hold as high as religious texts, but that doesn't take into account whether a team has grown since the last ranked match. Say a team has an extremely talented couple of players, or they're really on form, and as such they top their group (Bongo Johnson) - you can't see that in the ranking.

Right now, Bongo Johnson still has a three-point lead over the rest of the group. This past game ate half of their six-point cushion (they lost 3-6 to Ethane, while Ethane, Damukuni and Ko-oren all won) but they are still doing better than the rest. After the aforementioned top four, we have Spokane and Siovanija and Teusland also up there in contention for the World Cup, with Freeport and the Euran Oceania Territories a little further behind. That's what the table says, and what the matches so far have dictated. However, some teams have already played all of the top four, so we can't say that the table is fairly weighted yet. We have to wait until another three matchdays are done, and everyone has played everyone else once.

Well, turns out that there is a method to predict matches based on what teams are currently doing and by how much they are winning. It's obviously not the be all and end all in predictions - if it was, we wouldn't have to play the remainder of the qualification stage.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the Pythagorean Expectation. With a little tweak from the KFA, who have used this method before, let's just call it the Pythako-orean Expectation.

1 / 1 + (goals allowed/goals scored)^1.8

As a final touch, multiply that result by the total number of points a team could get (matches * 3).

That final 1.8 is a Ko-orenite invention, as you'll see anything from 1.5 to 2.1 used. We feel 1.8 works best, but feel free to experiment around.

Let's get the top of Group 5 so far:
Group 5                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Bongo Johnson 6 5 0 1 14 11 +3 15
2 Damukuni 6 4 0 2 16 12 +4 12
3 Ko-oren 6 4 0 2 7 4 +3 12
4 Ethane 6 3 1 2 14 10 +4 10

Bongo Johnson: 1 / 1 + (11/14)^1.8 * 18 = 10.92
Damukuni: 1 / 1 + (16/12)^1.8 * 18 = 11.28
Ko-oren: 1 / 1 + (4/7)^1.8 * 18 = 13.18
Ethane: 1 / 1 + (10/14)^1.8 * 18 = 11.64

We always love it when a method proves that the Dragonflies are the best around. Seriously though, conceding few goals and scoring almost twice as much as we concede gives us a higher expectation. Out of a possible 18 points, we realistically should've gotten 13, not bad given our actual 12 points. Bongo Johnson, as we've thought, is overperforming quite a bit, with 15 points out of ~11 they were expected to get given their goals scored and conceded. Damukuni is a little over, while Ethane is a little under. Basically, these four teams are very close together according to the formula, and they are very close together in actuality.

To prove that the formula really more or less works, here is our World Cup 81 table:

Group 18                           Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 South Covello 18 16 2 0 38 5 +33 50
2 Ko-oren 18 15 0 3 30 10 +20 45
3 Flardania 18 10 4 4 33 22 +11 34
4 Krytenia 18 11 1 6 43 29 +14 34
5 Bostopia 18 10 3 5 24 18 +6 33
6 Alenburg 18 6 3 9 25 31 −6 21
7 Togonistan 18 5 4 9 16 29 −13 19
8 Carloso 18 4 2 12 34 42 −8 14
9 Routcher 18 2 2 14 12 34 −22 8
10 Star United States 18 0 1 17 13 48 −35 1

And here are the expected points:

South Covello - 52 (-2)
Ko-oren - 47 (-2)
Flardania - 36 (-2)
Krytenia - 36 (-2)
Bostopia - 34 (-1)
Alenburg - 22 (-1)
Togonistan - 14 (+5)
Carloso - 22 (-8)
Routcher - 7 (+1)
Star United States - 5 (-4)

Well, the expectation was extremely close to the actual product. The top six teams were all within two points, and there are only two real outliers: Togonistan and Carloso. Togonistan was underrated by the formula, while Carloso was far overrated based on their goals scored and conceded.

Carloso had one 5-5 draw, a 5-1 win, an 8-2 loss, a lot of 3-2 losses, a 7-2 win, to inflate both numbers to mislead the expectation - they outscored the #2 and #3, for example. Basically, consistent high scores in both wins and losses will break the formula a little.

Well, that's it for our little exercise. In the coming weeks, we'll revisit this as the cycle drags on, and hopefully we'll be able to call a few comebacks as they happen (Baker Park is the biggest one right now).
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:55 am

Part IV

Kabaka - King
Luguba - Queen Consort
Sarauniya - Queen Mother
Isebantu - Crown Prince
Omugabe/Omugaba - Prince/Princess
Omulangira/Kyabazinga - Duke/Duchess
Kagere/Kiweewa - Lord/Lady
Katikkiro - Prime Minister
Waziri - Foreign Minister
Lukiiko- Parliament
Kiongozi- Leader of the Opposition

The Scene is set at Mujaguzo Palace, Busukuma, National Capitol Region, Banija

The Isebantu was almost racing into the castle after the long flight. The skies of the country had been closed, due to the assassination attempt. As just a normal human being, of course, he was feeling the pain and confusion of what any person would feel when their father was shot, and in critical condition, while they were 15 hours away. Isebantu Mwanga had been feeling worry about his father, just as any son, and the thing that he wanted to do most, just like any good son, was go to the bedside of his father. But his father was not just anybody- his father was the Kabaka. And that meant he was not just anybody- he wasn't even a normal Omugabe. He was the Isebantu. He was the first born son. He was the heir.

And because of all that, it meant that he couldn't go to his father's side. He had to go to Mujaguzo Palace- he had bigger responsibilities than his own personal need to mourn. The rest of his family, presumably, had been at his father's side. Due to some of the stranger parts of royal and diplomatic protocol within the country, he was not allowed to go to his father's side at this moment- he was due to, for the first time, chair a meeting of the Royal Council. This secretive body was generally consulted for decision making for the Kabaka, and it could only mean one thing if he was being asked to chair it- though he would not admit it himself.

And when the Isebantu walked into the room, he saw basically his entire family in front of him. His siblings, his aunts and uncles, their adult children. But that is not what tipped him off to a fact that he knew for the first time, but that he would finally have to confront. First, the presence of the Katikkiro in the room. The Katikkiro would only be in the room if something major was going to happen, and there was one reason for the Katikkiro to be in the room here. Secondly, the presence of the Patriarch of Herzegovina in the room. The head of the church, in modern times, he usually would not concern himself with the affairs of the palace. However, he had an important constitutional role in terms of succession, and his presence confirmed. If he needed more confirmation, it was the fact that when he opened the door, everybody rose.

As he walked into the room, with everybody rising to stand, his instinct was to first look at his mother- Luguba Iriama. She was a wreck, as any spouse might be when their husband takes a bullet. Everybody, still standing, in silence, was looking at him. He walked over to her, and gave her a hug. Protocol be damned for at least a moment, he thought, he was going to show some humanity. But the weight of responsibility now rested on the Isebantu's shoulders. He went to the head of the table, the spot usually reserved for his father. When he sat down, he motioned for everyone else to take their seats. He knew the press was outside.

"Your Royal Highness," the Katikkiro began. "We regret to inform you, that, most unfortunately, the Kabaka fought for his life for 13 hours. He was in critical condition for the entire time. The doctors that he didn't take the bullet directly to the heart, which would have killed him instantly. But he was not a young man- the bullet pierced his left lung. He and the doctors fought furiously, but unfortunately, as of 11:35 AM, the Kabaka- the late Kabaka, the now former Kabaka, Albert III, of Banija- is dead." And the room was in silence. And with that marked, of course, the rites of succession.

That is when his mother, Lugubua Iriama, rose. Even with just 20 people in the room, she spoke with courage and passion- protocol must be followed. "My husband's death is a tragedy. But this house must have a head. My son, you have been preparing for this role since you were a boy. You must know the responsibility that comes with it. You are the defender of your people, the defender of this house, and the defender of the faithful. You must be a warrior, when it calls for it. You must be a peacemaker, whenever possible. And most importantly, you must represent this royal house. Do you accept the responsibilities that the Almighty God has bestowed upon you?"

"I do." Mwanga said. Surely couldn't call him the Isebantu anymore.

"Then with my husband's death, I officially declare my loyalty to you, my beautiful son." She continued. "I gave birth to you, and raised you, as a boy. You are now a man. I look forward to serving you. I am no longer the Luguba- my title is now Sarauniya. I pledge loyalty to yourself, your wife, and your successors. The Kabaka is dead- Long Live The Kabaka." Those last four words, of course, were chanted by the now Sarauniya and everybody in the room. Mwanga was looking around. He was now the Kabaka.

And, of course, every single person in the room, per protocol, pledged their loyalty to him. 15 hours had given plenty of time for the entire royal family to gather- they were not a big bunch. Every single person pledged their undying loyalty. The Patriarch recognized him as the Defender of the Faithful. They brought in the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who all pledged their loyalty to Mwanga. But per protocol, of course, he would use the simple title as Head of the royal House, Head of the House of Katende, until the coronation. Between now and then, he would simply be referred to as the former Isebantu, or as the Head of the House- or simply by his name, Mwanga. Everyone would still refer to him, of course, as Your Majesty.

And then, of course, they all left the room. The Katikkiro went to make an announcement outside, that Mwanga would be addressing the country shortly. The lack of use of his now former title, Isebantu, of course gave away what was going on. But it was not his announcement to make, so the press waited, in a frenzy. But first, Mwanga had to make another move of diplomatic protocol- informing the representatives of Banija's major allies.

These allies, of course, would vary due to ups and downs in the relationships. But here, three ambassadors were summoned to Mujaguzo Palace- Swede Johanssen, of the Commonwealth of Baker Park, the Ambassador from the Echani Republic, and the High Commissioner from the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. They had been waiting in a different room, while the meeting of the Royal Council had been going on. After the room had been completely cleared, Mwanga sat there with his wife, Katrina, and summoned the Ambassadors.

They had all knew roughly what had been going on. But now, as the first of a series of moves, they would be officially informed by Mwanga himself. "Greetings to all of you." He began. "I would like to just say, I am glad that all of you are here today. Banija treats its allies with great importance, and I am glad that all three of you can be here today. The friendships of each and everyone one of your countries has been valuable over the many years, and will continue to be for many more. Now, of course, the question on everybody's minds, the Kabaka- no, the now former Kabaka, my father, Albert III, is dead. Shot. And I, of course, am his successor in all of his titles and roles."

He paused, then continued. He first turned to the High Commissioner of the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. "First, my friend, the High Commissioner. The ties of Quebec and Banija run incredibly deep. We have known each other for hundreds of years, and we will continue our relationship both within Commonwealth forums and outside of them. Christine II, the Regent, will of course, have a prominent role at my coronation." He then paused, and then turned to the Echani Ambassador.

"I would like to inform you, also, that Antonio DiMartini has been declared dead." He paused, and then continued. "Your nation has always been a friend of Banija's, and President Bennett has always been invested in Banijan success. I would like to offer my condolences, both personal and on behalf of the country that I am sworn to lead, to your nation as a result of your foreign minister's death. A state of emergency, at least temporarily, has been declared in the region, as we figure out exactly what is going on. We will make sure to have our governments in contact with one another."

And then, lastly, he turned to Mr. Johanssen. "Robert, I would like to thank you for your quick reaction. My aides tell me that you were the first one at the Palace, trying to figure out exactly what is going on. The friendship of Baker Park and Banija runs deep. Prime Minister Schoenlein, specifically, has been a great source of help and assistance for the Banijan people, and as the foreign minister of this country, I have developed a great working relationship with the Prime Minister. She has always been at our side, and her levelheadedness has been a great source of help to the Banijan people. I ask you to inform your governments of what has happened. I must now, of course, inform the country."

And with that, he stopped. Each Ambassador offered their condolences, and then Mwanga left the room. Of course, he would travel to the Lukiiko- another tradition, to inform the people. With his security team telling him it was safe, he was whisked over.

One Hour after Previous Events. Setting is at the Lukiiko.

The Speaker of the House rose, in front of a packed building. His voice booming. "And now, we welcome, the Head of the Royal House, the son of Albert III, the Defender of the Faithful, His Majesty, Mwanga!"

And a thunderous applause was offered by the Chamber as Mwanga stepped into the building. He walked up to the podium, at the front of the Chamber, and with everybody rose, and clapping. And then, of course, the applause died out and they sat down.

"Members of the Lukiiko." He began. "In your role as the directly elected representatives of the Banijan people, it is with a heavy heart that I must bring you tragic news. The Kabaka that we have all known and loved, for many years, Kabaka Albert III, who led this nation with dignity and honor, through trials unforeseen, who was a faithful and loving servant of the people, as of 11:35 AM, this very morning, has passed. Or, in other words, the Kabaka is dead."

The members of the Lukiiko all rose, and chanted the four words, almost in unison. "Long Live the Kabaka!"

"Along with him, the Foreign Minister of Eshan, Antonio DiMartini, and a member of the Royal Guard, John Belest, have both died as well as a result of the assassinations of last night. Let us take a moment of silence to remember them both." And the chamber was silent for a moment, and then Mwanga continued. "A tragic moment, a shooting by three cowards who, by wanting to settle their political differences, have decided to shoot the Foreign Minister of an ally, and the unifying figure of this nation. Those kinds of acts have no place here."

Mwanga paused, and then continued. "Members of the Lukiiko. As per protocol, I declare the following measures. Between now and the funeral of Albert III, there shall be an official mourning period. All Banijan flags at publicly funded institutions, both at home and abroad at our embassies and consulates-general, shall be flown at half mast. The national anthem shall not be played. The Patriarch of Herzegovina has told me the Hallelujah shall not be sung at the services of the church."

"Myself, and my wife, will be ready for the coronation at the traditional place- at the newly built Stadium of the Restoration. But we must use this opportunity to come together as a country. Left or white, black or brown, we should take the time to mourn a man who faithfully led the people of Banija for many years, and what he has done for our country."

And with that short speech over, Mwanga left the building, again to thunderous applause of the Lukiiko. He had stuff to do, meetings to attend. He was in now in charge. A stream of Banijan Ambassadors would be flying back into the country, to receive the blessing of the new Head of State, and to, of course, offer their condolences. But he had twin issues to take care of. #1, get briefed on who the heck had assassinated his father, and #2, get fully informed on what, once this settled down(or, if it settled down), was going on with the oil fields in the Northeast.

For those following, if you want to send a representative to the coronation, just TG/discord me the name and title of who you want representing your country there. Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Banija on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:20 am

Naked News Jeruselem's Princess Cassie with a armed woman in uniform in Jeruselem in pre-recorded interview.
The current live game was in Antahbrantahstan, this was not in Antahbrantahstan.

Cassie: This is Princess Cassie for Naked News Jeruselem. you may see these people walking around during football games especially the World Cup ones. They are official government people, who keep us safe. They don't bother people most of the time except troublemakers, and they aren't afraid to use force either. They are trained professionals. This one here happens to be one our relatives but us Dallas girls are everywhere.
Girl: Good day everyone, I hope everyone behaves themselves and stays safe.
Cassie: You have a special new duty, now as the security for football games.
Girl: Yes, we look out for them pedophiles as well.
Cassie: We've had cases where these people come to football games to prey on children
Girl: Sadly these people know no bounds. They hide in churches, schools, football clubs, and in general society. They are everywhere!

Cassie: No major incidents as yet
Girl: I'm sure they are incidents, unreported ones sadly. We just need to find out.
Cassie: Most of the people doing this ... are males
Girl: Yeah, most. A few females too but it's unusual.
Cassie: So you look for these people, how?
Girl: We draw up lists of people we think are risks and see if they attend football games. And sure are hell, some do. I mean they maybe there to watch football but some go to games to do bad things as well.

Cassie: In some cases, they are part of the football team or support staff.
Girl: Sadly. Football players, generally no. Support staff and coaches, more of an issue.
Cassie: In recent years, some coaching staff and even some coaches have been caught out.
Girl: There's been coverups but they get undone in the end. I'm here to put a stop this. Me and my other staff are here to prevent these incidents.
Cassie: So, how do parents keep safe.
Girl: Well, pretty simple. Supervise the kids at all times especially the younger ones and make sure they don't talk to strange people who can't identify themselves.

Cassie: What about people in official duties who maybe have vested interests in abusing their position
Girl: That one is a difficult one, like those priests who should know better. Educate the kids to know what is not right.
Cassie: It's sad we have to discuss this, especially at public events like football games.
Girl: It's a dangerous world out there, but at home we have some degree of control.
Cassie: What about overseas?
Girl: In a foreign country, there's mostly good people and then those bad people. Just like home, but you have been even more careful as you have far less rights.

Cassie: You're armed, lethally. Presumably for not this kind of incident
Girl: Oh that, we have be prepared for anything. Like terrorists acts for example, hence the guns.
Cassie: What about older more independent children who don't need supervision
Girl: They could always go with friends so they can watch out for each other. Of course, one could encourage them to take self defense or martial arts if they have defend themselves.
Cassie: These incidents, are they violent or more ... subtle.
Girl: Most cases, it's not outright violence. More very subtle, like touching in the wrong places. But not in way that's very evidend.

Cassie: So should we worry?
Girl: All you have to do be vigilant, and question if things aren't right. Don't assume everyone has good intentions. It's always that bad element out there.
Cassie: Do you have undercover officers as well as visible ones?
Girl: Yes, some of our people work undercover. They just blend into the crowd. Those ones are there to monitor specific people or areas where maybe it's appropiate for that to happen.
Cassie: OK, I hope that helps people out there next time you go to a football game in Jeruselem. There's someone out there keeping an eye for those ... people.
Girl: It's best you don't brush off an incident as an accident, maybe in most cases it was an accident but sometimes repeated incidents may warrant investigation.
Last edited by Jeruselem on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Velestria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

VLZ Sports | Banker: I still pinch myself after breakthrough

Postby Velestria » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:22 am

TRACA, QUSMO — Chris Banker has spent over three years with the national team at goal-keeper, usually serving as the second-choice netminder behind Diamond Gregory who now stars for KF Poldanz in the Qusma national league; Banker’s time in sitting as the second-choice keeper has long lead to him developing his game-coaching abilities and allowed him to flourish in his regular debut as he has played the last six matches in the starting netminder position for the national team as Diamond Gregory looks to return to form as she begins reporting to KF Poldanz for pre-season training ahead of the Qusma league resuming for a new season. Entering 418, the national team found itself in a tough position, with Easton Thomas retired from international football, the long-time shop stopper for the national team for the past eight years had moved on from his duties following a transfer to Ethane at the age 32, while still serviceable as a national team player, it was clear manager, Christopher Tajo Mendez had found his starter and future goalie in Diamond Gregory who at the time was a player for LigVezia Series A’s Doverhampton Wanderers. A transfer to KF Poldanz put a limited scope on the abilities of Gregory as she had joined the club just entering its offseason ahead of the WCQs, leaving to Chris Banker suddenly being thrust into the starting spot, largely as a supposed stopgap piece, however in his time he has suddenly flourished in the capacity, only allowing 3 goals — during the first game too, through the qualification process.

Chris Banker has really developed into what his goal was, and although he’s only been capped 6 times, one could see that he really has yet to fully blossom into a full starter with the national team and has left manager, Mendez with an interesting job and decision to make as qualifiers heat up in earnest and Gregory truly gets into full form. Speaking to the media after a tense nil-nil game, “it’s truly been unbelievable and I’m so thankful of these opportunities presented to me by Christopher — over the past three years he’s really helped me grow as a player and as a help on the bench, speaking with Easton and now Diamond, working with them and also Carson have really given me an avenue to develop better as a keeper and also as a player who got to play for the national team. It’s always a goal for our side to go far in play and I quite happy with our start thus far. But you must know that we’re constantly striving to improve and get better, none of it is easy; but we want to succeed and show that we have what it takes to play with the big boys. That’s obviously been shown against Cosumar, that big nil-nil draw showed we could hang with the top 15 in the world, so why can’t we hang with Qusmo?” Back home in Velestria during a Velish Premier Cup game, he spoke after it in late-December, “You walk through the dressing room and see that number one sitting right there, ironed and properly ready for you and you think bac to your time when you were just a lowly academy player, or when you just signed with your club team and people had expected you to be an unimportant outlier in the position, but suddenly, you blossom into this good youth product and then eventually you’re showing that you’re one of the best in the league. And I owe that all to God, that’s not to say that I am a great, but I’m quite pleased with my play and what I’ve been able to do at the net for the teams I’ve been on. All of this I’ve been blessed with, it’s not something I take for granted it’s something I never expected, being called for the national team three years ago was a big step for me, now I see myself along with Carson and Diamond operating the Velish keeper triumaritive and I’m like wow. Its like…wow, a great achievement for me in my career and I wish to do even more and prove that I deserve the title I’ve been given, not only to the team but to this country, that’s the least I owe them.”

Hard work does really pay off for players on the national team, one must look at the rise of national team netminders Diamond Gregory and more-importantly Chris Banker’s revival in his career as pointers for the growth and success of the young national team who finds itself in a spot to compete regularly and yearly over the course of international qualification and playing in domestic seasons. The Peachtree man between the pipes made his debut three seasons ago after being passed over thrice for the top spot with number one; Pudwig Tonks, the second year manager at the time brought him up with the goal of knighting him the goalkeeper’s spot, and was rewarded as he began to slowly blossom and grow into his own self, proving that his mentioning with the players on the Starting XI was worth it. It wasn’t until 416 however when he began the giant step to the march to the top, his play in Series A was amazing, yes he gave up fifty goals, nine more than the average in 416 in Series A; but he blossomed and starred, saving no less than 1/4th of the penalty shots he was thrust into and organized a sloppy, disorganized defense like on other and helped to save the team from potentially going down with timely saves and begin steps on the defense, coupled with help from a better inclined defense down the stretch of the season. In fact, his play drew the attention of the A.C. 317 Roses who at the time had been scouting him and Filipe Vaz for the job as national team net minder, eventually however, we know the Roses set the Velish record for highest signing of a goal-keeper by splashing a decent amount of coin to acquire him, this worked in favor of Chris Banker allowing him to play this season of LigVezia Series A with Peachtree City again in a season where he’s really shining and looking like a favorite to move on to bigger things after this season.

Continually seeking to establish himself for the national team and also working hard to display his work to international teams who might be looking to sign a capable player in Transfer Window 25, Velestria’s Chris Banker doesn’t look far for inspiration and drive, “Playing alongside Diamond Gregory is a hard job — she pushes and drives you every day to be better, to be faster and to display your skill with the way she plays and practices. She’s an A-1 plyer, and her transfer to Poldanz reflected what a technically skilled plyer she is, she’s showed what a gradual improvement can be if developed from young with youth development. Gregory is an inspiration and I think she’s got the skills and the drive to play well for the national team in coming years, I’m quite proud of how she’s been able to be a big factor to our team’s runs and plays, she’s kept us in so many games and I loved what she brought to the team at the Baker Park Open Cup where we got to the quarter-finals before losing. I feel like a player of her ability can constantly bring pressure and challenge the national team netminders to be better, improve and show that they truly do belong here. Eventually she’s going to have the top spot, everyone knows what a great player she is! She deserves the top spot, no doubt!”

Even as the tough, grueling part of qualifications gets ready to set over the team, the improvement we’ve seen from Chris Banker and the national team is tremendous, while I still don’t believe Christopher Mendez has a future with the national team after poor performances before, he’s definitely shown that when hos back is against the wall he’s capable of getting things done, and while there’s still so much to player for, entering the second year of World Cup qualifications now in 418, this team has taken a huge step and I’m looking forward to see what they can pull out against tougher competition, like say a well-conditioned Cosumar later in the qualification cycle. Right now, the goal should be to disrupt the top half of the table and separate from teams ranked 5th and down, what a story if would be it Velestria somehow got to the play-offs.

(40) Qusmo 0–0 Velestria (169)
------------------

(3-2-3-2) — 1 - Banker; 2 - Borell, 3 - Avery, 4 - Beaver; 5 - Singleson, 6 - Sa'kiera; 7 - Ingles, 8 - Thirdgray (19 - Kelly 54'), 9 - Utamara; 10 - Goddard [c], 11 - Clark

VELESTRIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - PRE-MD7
Goalkeepers:
23 - Diamond Gregory (KF Poldanz, QUS), 1 - Chris Banker (Peachtree City F.C.), 12 - Carson Mashely (Inter Arce, SRA)
Defenders: 2 - Matt Borell (Azurea), 3 - Viva Avery (Azurea), 15 - Jason Woodhill (Olympic Reading), 13 - Davis Larson (Doverhampton Wanderers), 14 - Kerry Fedbourne (Rovers F.C.), 4 - Haroni Beaver (Athletic Letson Town, ETN)
Midfielders: 5 - Carson SIngleson (Peachtree City F.C.), 6 - Na'ore Sa'kiera (Blue Strike Calix), 7 - Vronin Ingles (Rovers F.C.), 8 - Evans Thirdgray (Rovers F.C.) - 9 Furusawa Utamara (Johno United, DAR), 16 - Frank Kaiser (Peachtree City F.C.), 17 - Morgan Iyyrivia (Sporting Illyrius), 18 - Kelly Joes (Blue Strike Calix), 19 - Henderson Kelly (Rovers F.C.), 20 - Gilbert Jennifers (Vegai F.C.)

Forwards: 10 - Chris Goddard (Unattached), 11 - Augusta Clark (Olympic Reading), 21 - Brent Davis (Rovers F.C.), 22 - Hoyt Acovina (Cortana City Academy)
CROWN FEDERATION OF VELESTRIA & THE JA'BARILANDS & GRIERWOOD & THE LOTUS KEYES
Sporting World Cup 6 champion
Trigram: VLZ | Demonym: Lotish | Capital: Southampshire | Leader: Statminister Winfrey Godsend | Newswire

South Covello
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Covello » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:25 am

OOC: I'm suddenly very uncomfortable with RPing a far-right candidate inspring anti-Muslim violence due to RL events

Carter Redwin's Speech

"Good afternoon, ladies, and gentelemen. I am here today to announce my withdrawal from the campaign for President of South Covello. It appears my brain and mind have been under influence of a Demon from Eshan named Potatowato who is a sapient potato demon who controls people's minds to evil. I am aware this is an eerily similar excuse to that tried by the infamous Caleb O'Reilly, and I regret that I must give such a ridiculous excuse, but it is true, believe me. I am not lying. I may hgave been lying before, about everything, but that is only because Potatowato was controlling my mind. This is most certainly also not a ploy for anything, nor was my campaign a distraction of any sort or a cop out.

"Yes, now we must focus on the real peril, mind control demons. But unfortunately I cannot be the candidate to bring down the mind control demons. I have done too much bad already. I call upon David Hale, or whoever, to take out the Mind Control Menaces, and that, not purging all non-White non-Christians, is what will make South Covello Great, as I apparently was quite fond of saying, though I have no memory of that.

"So yes, now is a time for national unity, and if you don't believe that this is a sudden turn, also I was not forced to say this upon threat of arrest or anything ridiculous like that. So yes, I was really controlled by a Mind Control Demon, I am not voluntarily resigning after realizing I actually had a chance to win or anything silly like that. No, this is not like that film The Playmakers where they make a play called "Springtime for Lord Almighty Gregory" and somehow it works despite their attempts for it not to. I will not be singing "Springtime for Lord Almighty Gregory/Winter for SJG and Saintland" or any silly songs like that. This is not at all a "Springtime for Lord Almighty Gregory" situation, no sirree, I was never just trying to run the most spectacularly failing presidential campaign possible, that was never the case. I was really under mind control, and apparently I really believed what I said, though I don't know. So, for all those supporters of mine, please stop being racist, xenophobic bigots, please let's strive for national unity and stuff. Thank you, and good night."

Reactions to Carter Redwin's Campaign Withdrawal

Celebrations and loud cheering spontaneously broke out across South Covello following Carter Redwin's withdrawal from the presidential campaign. In Riverview, protesters filled the streets and joined in with soccer fans coming from the stadium in cheering Redwin's withdrawal. One such proteter, Sally Motusha, said "I don't believe Redwin's stupid story for a moment. I didn't believe Dumpy O'Rumpy either, it is simply preposterous. But I'm glad he's gone, whatever his reasons. And I think this proves he was never a serious candidate, he just said whatever shit he wanted and wanted to see how bad it could get for him. He made the 'Springtime for Lord Almighty Gregory' analogy and I think it's pretty accurate. He was trying to fail, and once he realized he could succeed, he got out of there to avoid the same fate as The Playmakers. But am I glad he's not going to be President? Hell yes!"

Muslims, gays, and atheists, among others, reported the highest level of safety they have felt since Redwin's campaign started, and celebrations took place outside mosques, not to mention fabulous LGBT dance parties with rainbow flags in city centers. The entire country, and most of the world in fact, is very relieved that Carter Redwin will not be president. Sister Maria Polus of Free Republics, the only major persong to have endored Redwin, could not be reached for comment on this developing situation.

Brusseldorf
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusseldorf » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 am

OOC: Sorry it's short, I have two assignments atm

2200 St Football St, Casablanca Hills, 1002, MOR
Football Federation Brusseldorf Headquarters, Training Grounds
Brusseldorf Coach, Craig Foster.

Dear Mr Matthews and family,

I must admit that upon opening your letter on Wednesday morning, I was not prepared for such a heart-warming story. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
As it turns out, through conversation with my own father, the name Terry Matthews is highly regarded in our family. My father came to know him quite well during him time in the MASL, and bonded over their various team rivalries. My father said that he also had the opportunity to work alongside your father during a season's loan to Real Marrakesh. Just a tidbit I'd thought you like to know!

It is the least that I can do, but I have enclosed tickets for matches. My lovely secretary has assured me that they should be valid for all remaining matches. I would be more than happy to facilitate the travel of your family to each match, including away games. We can also make sure that your father is in a safe, relatively quiet place, if it helps. Like I said, they should work as all-access for remaining games, if they don't work as intended just give me a ring on my personal number (0234 567 890) and I will let security know!

Once again, thank you for your letter. It's stories like this that remind me of the bigger picture. Best wishes to your father.

Much love and many prayers,
Craig
Viva Los Alrededores!
Morocco-Algeria ~ Democracy ~ Prime Minister Abelt Nejem ~ Spends on Defence, Information-Technology, Protecting the Environment, and Spirituality
The largest military in the region
Of course I use NS Stats, what do you think I’m doing here?!
Etymology: Brussels + Dusseldorf = Brusseldorf!

The Pacifican Islands said: all transit is green if there is no transit
taps head
The Grand Empire of Andor said: You can’t pollute the planet if there is no planet
Hits head with hammer

Quelsh said: "COOL FLAG BRUZELDERF"
Tattland said: "Did I just accidentally attack Quelsh"
The Garmillas Empire was an intergalactic Empire. A remnant group of the Garmillan people crashed on earth, where they were given refuge by Brusseldorf.

Savojarna
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Savojarna » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:03 am

A town in Euran-occupied Sameban territory, about four years ago

Things were tense among the bunch of young volunteer soldiers. They were sat around the table in an old house, its previous inhabitants having fled long ago. Maybe they had gone further north towards Samebus; maybe they headed south towards Eura if they were supporters of the Euran side. The Gustav Karl Jansson Brigade - or rather what was left of it - didn’t think of them too much. A candle flickered on the table, with the young soldiers not daring to turn on the light.

Around the table sat five volunteers, playing a dice game in the candlelight. Rasmus Grön, a tall student from Sjoedrhavn and the youngest of the five, held a big stack of coins in front of him. His thin, cleanly shaven face seemed ghostly in the pale shine of the candle as he picked up the dice, a stoic look on his face. Next to him sat his polar opposite. Kare Ulman was strong, stout, and looked like a dwarf from a fairytale. A worker from Thorsborg, he saw everything as better than the factory. Ulman’s luck was lacking this night, but the wine they found in the house’s cellar made him laugh his deep, hearty laugh anyway as he was losing his money steadily to Rasmus.

The leader of the brigade took the patriarch’s spot, sitting on the head of the table. Lauri Halvorsen commanded the utmost respect in his men. Towering over the table, his sharp, almost Roman face gave him a serious air even when he was relaxing. His voice contrasted his appearance, quiet and slightly husky. Even though Halvorsen spoke softly and never rose his voice, his men caught every single word he spoke. Next to him, even the tall, statuesque Tore Valdman shrank a bit. Tore was as wide as a closet, his shirt spanning over the muscle. He was the only one among the five who hadn’t lost any weight since they left Landsmark. Silent, but calmly collecting his spoils, with the smile of a soft giant on his lips, Tore was enjoying himself in the game. Laid back over his chair, next to him, Helgi Philipsson threw the dice in the air a few times before he effortlessly chucked them onto the table. He lost again and flicked a five kronor coin towards Rasmus, who caught it right out of the air.

“Don’t worry, Rasmus. Bad luck in the game is good luck in the field”, he laughed. None of the boys was going to have trouble with money. The Leninist Militias always got paid fairly well, and they’d get their chance at some spoils of war eventually. None of them thought much of home at this time. Suddenly, Halvorsen spoke and the table fell silent. The radio, which had played rather ignorable music so far, cracked and played news. The change in the commander’s face was subtle, but the candlelight amplified his face and made it seem like his facial expression had fallen completely apart. “We’re enclosed. The Samebans lost yet another battle. We’re completely in Euran occupied territory now. We’ll be out of here in the morning”, he broke the bad news. Immediately, the table fell silent as Halvorsen got up and left to the room they had repurposed as an office room. They needed to get out.

In the office room, Lauri Halvorsen took his prepaid phone out. It was a Sameban phone, bought by his local contacts, paid by cash. Nobody could ever trace it to a Savojar. He called back home to the offices of the LKPS in Savojarna. The options for Halvorsen were clear: keep a low profile and travel to a harbour, and get a boat to bring them home; or travel to the frontline and bash your way through the chaos with thirty men. Either option was madness. Aspel or Brega would not be easy to reach, nor would it be easy to get out of there; fighting your way through a frontline with thirty men from the wrong side would not work better either. The man in Thorsborg gave a different answer, one that Lauri Halvorsen was not expecting.

“I’ll hit up the Savut. Let them get you out. Stay low, don’t get caught, wait for instructions. The closer to the coast, the easier it will be, but don’t head to any big cities. Too much attention. We’ll find a beach”. Halvorsen almost dropped the phone. “Savut? Nobody knows we are here. Are you sure?”, he asked. The commander remembered when the Savut was their enemy, threatening the dissolution of the militias. And now they should get them out?

“They have a small group operating between you and the coast. Trying to disturb the Euran supply lines, maybe capture an officer or two. Vitalainen leads it”, the man said with a chuckle. Halvorsen now actually had to catch his phone. “Vitalainen? Well, then… we’ll take the offer”, he said, smiling. The Finnish ex-general was an LKPS supporter - either that had never really come out, or the Savut stopped caring about the Leninist militias that they had so fervently tried to destroy just months ago.

When Halvorsen returned, the men had put the dice away. Rasmus had pocketed his wins, Kare Ulman put his wine back to the kitchen, and Tore and Helgi were busy assembling and cleaning their equipment. The tense, yet secure feeling of a few minutes before had been replaced by an atmosphere of hectic scaredness. The young Savojars knew about the challenge of the next day: How would they get away from their current position? How would thirty-something obviously foreign men, carrying weapons and military equipment behind enemy lines in a bitter and messy war, be able to survive until they could get out of there?

The next day, at five in the morning, the troop was assembled in the house’s living room. Nobody had slept much in the past night. As Halvorsen opened the door, they stepped out one by one. The night air was cool and clear, no fog or clouds obscured them. They pretended to be a group of friends, on the way from a house party or a late shift at work. In small groups they strolled through the streets of the small town, heading for the fields at the edge of it. War had torn the landscape apart. It seemed like an omen of the long and rough travel ahead of them as the group headed eastwards.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2017

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:51 am

Augustine Post
Mediocre showing in the WC qualifiers

After a 1-5 loss to Quasden, the Maximusian National Team might have to rethink their strategy. The only goal came from Colter, the team's rising star, in the 33rd minute. Now one third of the way through qualifiers, the team will have to innovate.

"I plan to have us re-hone our defense," says Vincent Alfonsi, Maximusian Head coach.

Viewership is still plummeting after a loss after a loss after a loss for our team. Now with less people watching than an average open doors session of Maximuisan Congress.

Indeed the team will have to pull their act together if they want a shot at the qualifiers.
The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus
(Representative Democracy; Established 1837)
The Litudinem Herald|NationStates Resume|Libertas Omnium Maximus Wiki

Gladom Newion
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Air Conditioning - Episode II

Postby Gladom Newion » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 am

OOC: There is perhaps no better time than now to re-iterate just how sickening I have found - and continue to - find terrorism in the past.
~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Forays of Folly is taking a cycle-long break. In the meanwhile, please enjoy this tale of conspiracy, conspiracy theory, conspiring conspirators, and flat-out dodgy blokes who seek to manipulate the Tinhamptonian population and Football Association towards the end of 2018-ish...

Previous instalments of Air Conditioning: Prologue I, Prologue II, Episode I
AIR CONDITIONING - episode II, Newion, Gladom Newion, November 2018

For weeks, he had been stocking up. The press on both sides of the divide had warned that anything as disasterous as this would be a blow to their own national economies, that tensions would slowly climb from the very commencement - for the journalists in opposition, that another crackdown on rights and civil liberties would be imposed by the restrictive conservatives in power. Even a softer twist in the history of the future would still lead to tragedy and a collapse in relationships: some burgeoning, some otherwise rock-solid, a few hypothetical.
Obstentiably, a few of the true-believers had stood up and blared outright that anything along these lines would result not just in chaos but in a valid casus belli with which the Tinhamptonian "Empire" of yore would be rebuilt. More controversy, more death, worse relations, probably even less democracy. But none of this mattered to him - he had a goal in mind.
There are no rehearsals. Rapidly, security forces of all stripes - if they can be called that - step up to the fore with minutes to go, fumbling within every nook and cranny of the man and finding nothing that any soul in the country would think of as a bit dodgy. He was let out, let go, let in, let free from the country - a new dynasty abroad, in the land that most hated his guts.
There was not long left now. But how much of a price would this one have attached to it?

TO BE CONTINUED
IC - Know Your Characters: Naomi Talbot, Chairwoman of the TFA - "Benny Helland," pseudonymous socialist - A character whose speech is presented without colour is a background/walk-on character
Last edited by Gladom Newion on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The player behind this nation is... female -- an atheist -- also known as Tinhampton -- not a wannabe tyrant!
ATLANTIAN OCEANIA... it's the place.
The Democratic People's Republic of Gladom Newion -- E Draea Replubypra'z de Gladom Newion -- née New Lydia (Tinhamptonian Overseas Territory, 1921-77)
Population/Pipali: 742,852 -- President/Presidalet: Hazanta meKonta -- Surface Area/Areasufa'z: 1,093mi2
We are a peaceful nation that does not abuse Kantian ethics, no deportations occur here

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:23 am

Darmen demolishes top seeds
All Greens move to top of the table

Darmen 5–1 Free Republics
@ Brham Stadium, Brham

DAR: Campo - Virgo, Abbey (Coghlan 81'), Maddox - Goldschmidt - Ó Cuilinn (Mac Pharlain 66'), Winton, Butler, Stafford (Freud 66') - Lucanus, Blackwood
FRP: Sergeyev - Urbanek (Reed 73'), Josef, Schroder - Izmailov - Eldarkhanov, Arsanukayev (Polak 59') - Smith - Lydsson, Holm (Hansen 82'), Peltola

GOALS
D-FR
1-0 Lucanus 8'
1-1 Peltola 27'
2-1 Blackwood 39'
3-1 Maddox 52'
4-1 Blackwood 68'
5-1 Freud 80'
An early goal from Felix Lucanus and a brace from Craig Blackwood were highlights of a match which was dominated by the All Greens in front of 54,000 fans in Brham. In addition to the goals from Lucanus and Blackwood, Klopas Maddox and Aquila Freud also scored goals.

The 5-1 result marks the first time the All Greens have won a match at the Brham Stadium since February of 2037 when they also scored five against Garifunya. The victory snaps a four game losing streak at the venue.

The victory also sees the All Greens move to the top of the Group 6 table, four goals ahead in goal difference (both teams are tied on 13 points) with two-thirds of the qualifying campaign left to play out. The All Greens, confidence growing after putting five past the Free Republics, will face Adab in their next match. Some key players are expected to be rested, including Lucanus and Zachariah Butler.

Lineup vs. Adab
Campo - Wilkie, Coghlan, Maddox - Ramírez - Armbruster, Winton, McNeil, Stafford - Hurst, Blackwood
(SUBS Falkenrath, Espinosa, Spalding, Goldschmidt, Svendsen, Freud, Borde)

National Investigation Bureau launches probe into possible Valladar Election interference
"We'll launch internal investigation too," Lista de Valladar leader Efraín Flores
Secretary of State for the Interior Gunter Rier announces the investigation to the Media

SCOTT CITY - Secretary of State for the Interior Gunter Rier announced Friday that his Department's National Investigation Bureau (NIB) would begin looking into alleged interference with the recent Valladar general election. Members of the Frente de la Libertad Valladar (FLV) have been accused of funneling cash to the upstart Partido Nacional, giving them the extra boost needed to win the second most seats in the Westlands State Assembly.

"The alleged interference in the democratic process of the Valladar state is a very serious accusation, and one which must be fully investigated," stated Rier as he spoke to members of the press. "Anyone found guilty of providing assistance to Partido Nacional, or any other Valladar political organization, outside of the legal means established by either nation's laws will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of Darmeni law and will certainly be extradited to Valladares to face prosecution there as well if the situation warrants."

Secretary Rier stated that the investigation would primarily focus on mid-ranking officials in the Lista de Valladar coalition, although both its leadership and its rank-and-file members would also be under investigation. Rier anticipated that the process could take upwards of a month before the NIB could release any preliminary results. "We're dealing with a fairly large political organization here. There are a lot of parts that make up a political party, and understanding how those parts interact with each other will be our first hurdle."

Secretary of State for Astronomy and Research Efraín Flores, leader of the Lista de Valladar, announced that his party would also launch an investigation. Speaking at an emergency meeting of coalition leaders, Flores stated: "To my knowledge no leader in the executive of the Lista de Valladar authorized any payments or other such actions which assisted the Partido Nacional in their campaign. Should any member of the FLV or the SPIV be found to have assisted the Partido Nacional, they will be expelled form the coalition and reported immediately to the authorities."

Lista de Valladar is a coalition of two parties: the conservative leaning FLV and the liberal leaning Sociedad para la Protección de los Intereses Valladar (SPIV), which represents the interests of the Valladar ethnic minority in Darmeni politics. The Lista currently has three seats in Parliament and 13 members in various southeastern LGA's. While the party is largely considered a moderate one and forms an important part of President Tor Tong Lee's governing coalition, its members, especially those of the once militant FLV, have gotten into hot water on numerous occasions in the past. Just three months ago, a member of the Rogerton Local Governing Authority was forced to apologize for making racist remarks towards ethnic Darmenis on his MyFace account.

Fascist & Ultranationalist Union (F&UU) politicians were quick to denounce the Lista de Valladar and its members as "traitors to the Republic," with some F&UU members going so far as to call Flores and other top Lista leaders derogatory terms. F&UU leader Evandrus O'Mooney's tirade against Flores was particularly vulgar and drew widespread condemnation from around Darmen.

Other Headlines
  • President Tor Tong Lee congratulates Valladar PM Jefferson Pratt on victory, hopes Darmen and Valladares can work together
  • Lib Con leader Joshua Rademacher: "Both nations have a long ways to go on improving inclusion of ethnic minorities"
  • Euran and Valladar election results — and what they mean for Darmen
  • Countdown to 2045 Darmeni elections: Liberals likely to focus campaign on CRC membership
Last edited by Darmen on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:23 am

"Greetings from Wayr Stadium! I'm Emmylou Brighton."

"And I'm Jaina McHammel, and this is the World Cup Qualifier broadcast. Accept no substitutes, especially the boring pre-qualifier speculation kind."

"Accepting no substitutes seems like a recipe for injury."

"Ask the Rovers. Anyway, should be a good match."

"A loud delegation of Barunian fans have arrived, and yes...it sounds as if they're doing socialist things again."

"Hopefully Zwangzug will be more organized and can greet them with their version of "The Peoples' Net..."

"...The return leg scheduled to be played in Bayview Stadium, another mountainous area, so we can look forward to that."

"Indeed, Barunia also tend to mix up their home games. Did you know that the Northern Isles stadium is considered to be the place where football began in the country?"

"I did not, Jaina. So sort of like Forbridge, then?"

"A bit. Kind of. Actually when you consider the Rovers, probably not really, but...whatever."

"Says here it's named after Sam Harris."

"Why is it always the goalkeepers, do you think?"

"Is it always the goalkeepers doing what? Wearing Foroni Fabrics kits?"

"No, Emmylou, I mean getting themselves killed off in morbid and dramatic ways and having things named after them."

"Now, this is highly unfair. Zwangzug never names stadia after their players."

"Well, maybe we should, it could solve some of those number-retiring issues if there were a way to honor them."

"Also, I don't think you're being statistically scrupulous. Goalkeepers only make up, on average, one-eleventh of the playerbase; you should be conducting a long-term study and not cherrypicking from anecdotal data."

"On average?"

"Well, it's 3/23 on most full rosters, but then you've got your Ephesian FCs, you know--"

"There's only one of them, but maybe you have a point, there should be more--"

"--according to one of my correspondents in the Plough Islands, Gor Kebab's starting eleven actually has ten players, so..."

"...a diamond formation which features three midfielders in the center, sort of the inverse of the X."

"Hannah Miller in possession now, renowned for her long-term captaincy--"

"Also her ballin' gay sex, probably."

"McHammel--"

"Just sayin'."

"Ooh, dispossessed by Jover, up to Ambaile-Hund, still Ambaile-Hund--and yes! Zwangzug surprisingly take the lead here in minute 57 against the top seeds! Let's see if they can hold on..."

"...capping an all-around wild day here in group four. With Libera Populum holding Nova Anglicana to a scoreless tie, that puts five teams all on eleven points, with goal difference and goals for temporarily sorting them out."

"Zwangzug heading to Joshenia next, another 1-4-5-1 of sorts."

"Ooh, and how about their uniform numbering system? Should be a good time."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Alluersia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alluersia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 am

In the days since the announcement from President Haggord of the countries official declaration of independence, the streets of every Alluerisan town and city has seen many joyous celebrations. Though people have returned to work the jubilation has contiued though subsided for those in the government and who live along the boarder with West Guiana. In the past when the government has made such declarations or moved towards greater autonomy Premier DeCader would send in the military to restore order.

The nervousness felt by the majority Legalite and Alluersian population was also felt more intensely by the minority Guianan population who was targeted often by violent attacks by Alluersian separatists, in the previous attempts by Haggards government to move towards independence this population had been targeted with terror attacks killing many. One such Guianan who lives in Hanover the industrial heart of Alluerisa has started to take action in more ways than one.

In the distance loudspeakers blare the anthem of Alluerisa while people cheer and celebrate, but not in this small bar located near downtown Hanover, a smallish group of men and women have gathered, a small woman with dark hair and thick glasses speaks first. "This may not end well for us again, every time this happens DeCader sends in the troops and the separatists attack our homes and our businesses and our people die. The policies that Haggard has put in place over the years leaves us vunerable and singled out..."

She was interrupted when a large muscular man blurted out, "No shit, and what does him and his government tell us, to get the fuck out!"

The gathering clapping and cheered a bit, before dying down to let the woman speak. Nodding her head, "Yess...they tell us that we are the invaders and that we need to leave, not them. The legalites falsely believe that their ancestors once laid claim to the land that is now West Guiana, but that was never the case. Their ancestors were nomads who left Legalese for this land after the Lowland Clans disbanded and many left. We recognize that the clans claims, but they have long preferred the warm climate along the Caliana Sound."

A young man sporting a Anti-De Cader shirt shyly spoke up, "However De'Cader hasn't helped us out much either, he has declared that anyone who was born or has lived in Alluersia to be terrorists and aren't welcome in the rest of the country."

The large muscular man spoke again but softer, "He is the one who created the problems we are dealing with all over the country. Before he showed up the nation was at peace with its self and now every day we encounter more and more tensions, ethically speaking."

The woman nodded, "Indeed, De'Cader tore apart the peace we all had, I have friends in Zomni City who have grown tired of being treated as props for De'Cader while he does nothing in return. This country is slowly being torn apart at the seems and he doesn't even know it. Which is why Myself and others are planning for his own downfall."

"How?"

"You will see in due time."

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am

Something about Familiarity and Contempt
Bulls Prepared for Eura Test

Six of Audioslavia’s 23-man squad won’t be far from home, tomorrow night. Goalkeeper Hector Calixto, defender Daniel Robertson, striker Ciro Oljer and midfielders Vicente Dupont, Carles Gorgas and Leo Sterling all ply their trade in the Euraleague, one of the world’s premier domestic football competitions.

Euran domestic football has proven to be a happy stomping ground for those Audioslavians who bore of the glamour of The National League. Sterling’s Oakstone were cup winners last season, while Oljer’s Spartangrad represent Eura in the Champions League. So to do Ulsa, who boast three Audioslavian nationals within their ranks, while Holdenberg City’s Daniel Robertson was nominated in the Gold League XI last year, the league’s team-of-the-season.

Over in the Euran squad, veteran striker Dean Sharp will likely be sitting on the bench for the home side. Sharp, son of former Audioslavia manager Lee, is a recent and expensive addition to 1830 Cathair’s first team, and will be relishing the opportunity to play against his team-mates come tomorrow night. Manager Lee took Audioslavia to the brink of winning World Cup 69 but failed at the final hurdle, losing a World Cup final to The Holy Empire for the second time in his life, having lost on behalf of Eura nine cycles previous.

While Audioslavia have borrowed Eura’s footballing brains in the past, its Auren steel that Eura has borrowed from these islands. Specifically our sewing needles. Kirola has been making Euran national team kits for as long as anyone can remember. Euran. Auren. Even our alternative demonym is an anagram of theirs.

There is a certain level of symmetry to the football of the two sides, but its at a slight imbalance with regards to the history the teams have on the field.

In six meetings between the two teams, Eura have won three to Audioslavia’s two, with one match ending as a draw - a 1-1 tie in the first round of World Cup 81. Each of the matches has been played in the finals of the World Cup, starting with a 3-2 win for Eura that effectively ended Audioslavia’s defence of their World Championship in World Cup 65. A measure of revenge was taken via a one-nothing win in World Cup 69, but Eura’s victory in the quarter-finals of World Cup 72 and a third-placed playoff in World Cup 74 tips the historical aspect in favour of the men in deep red. A 1-0 win for Audioslavia in the second round of World Cup 76 is the only other recorded match between the two sides.

Audioslavia manager Wilfred Lidgley is expected to weigh the first team in favour of the Euran-based players he has at his disposal, with Sterling re-taking his place after watching RIckson Marañòn from the bench in recent matches, while on the defensive side of midfield the manager has hinted that Vincente Dupont of Ulsa may make an appearance. Calixto is expected to start in goal instead of Zanardi, while Carles Gorgas is expected to play a role from the bench. Robertson will again take the vice captain’s armband, while Oljer will lead the line alongside Brinemouth’s Desya Kuznetsov. Kuznetsov, goal-less in his last three appearances for Audioslavia, will be looking to end that streak against the group’s top seeds.

Travelling far from home and ranked twenty-five places lower than their opponents, any kind of result will be a bonus to Audioslavia. Lidgley has been forward in saying that ‘2 or 3’ points over the two games with Eura would be a great feat.

When asked what Lidgley’s plan was to keep morale high during the trip, Lidgley was heard to suggest the team group together to make a small video called a ‘haarlem shake’ which he’d seen recently.

IBJJ,G’NB

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018

Postby Sajnur » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:58 am

Sajnur secure first win!

Sajnur have pulled of their maiden victory of the qualifying cycle with an unexpected 2-1 victory over Mytanija in Prizren, with a goal each coming from Andre Naulo and Ahmed Nazar. The game was a back and forth affair, with plenty of barnstorming runs, plenty of shots at goal, and plenty of tackles. Sajnur, for once, held the majority of possession, with Mytanija holding 42%, and Sajnur made good use of it, recording 15 shots at goal, of which ten were on target. Mytanija, meanwhile, recorded eight shots at goal, of which five were on target. Piotr Laghiev had an easier day than usual, only making four saves, while his home team counterpart Pedja Kasun was forced to make eight.

The first half, despite the action, actually ended scoreless. Mytanija had the bulk of the chances, with Nebojsa Aleksic forcing a low diving save from Laghiev in the 9th minute, while Jezdimir Ocokoljic sent one flying just past the far post in the 32nd minute, among other chances. Sajnur were not without opportunities, but the best one was a cross from Nazar in the 40th minute which Naulo headed wide. The second half did not start well for the visitors as Mytanija found their way ahead in the 47th minute via Jasno Odonelec, who received a pass from Tahir Fejzuli before taking a shot from a sharp angle high into the net. After this, though, it was all Sajnur, with Dario Tule forcing Kasun to block an effort in the 54th minute and being subject to a last ditch tackle by Mojmir Anac in the 58th minute. The equaliser finally came in the 65th minute when Tule sent a very early cross into the box for Naulo to head past Kasun, and Sajnur found the winner in the 84th minute when Jessica Siafik carried the ball past three defenders in tight space and gave a Cruyff turn backheel pass to Nazar, who shot first time into the bottom corner, sending Kasun the wrong way. The last play of the match had Aleksic in space with a great opportunity to shoot, but a slide tackle by Taulant Haji ended that opportunity, and with it the match.

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018

Postby Sajnur » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Sajnur v Cosumar: Kahala Murje's Inner Monologue

What am I doing here? What am I doing with these famous people, travelling on these fancy planes? I've just graduated high school and here I am getting paid to play for Sajnur! With men! Oh my god. Oh my god! Breathe, Kahala. Breathe. In, and out. In, and out. Don't get arrested by airport security. Okay.

I really need some of Jessica's weed.

Okay. Airport security wasn't so bad. Where do we go now? Follow your teammates. Follow Jessica. Onto the team bus. Are we going to the hotel? I guess we're going to the hotel. Where do I sit? Jessica's over there. I'll sit next to Jessica.

"Hey, Kahala. If you need a ride, I'm getting my car shipped over. Just ask."
"Oh, hey Jessica! Thanks! I'll definitely do that!"
"Great!"

OH MY GOD! JESSICA IS TALKING TO ME! I mean, she's been talking to me before. This is the fifth time I've been with the team. But It's still amazing. I can't believe it! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Kahala! Calm down! Breathe! Oh my god! I love her! No, I don't love her! Not like that. But I love her so much! No! Maybe. Okay, breathe. In, and out. In, and out.

"Hey Jessica, do you think we'll beat Cosumar? I know it's a longshot, but do you think we'll win?"
"Honestly? Nah. There's always a chance, but I'm not expecting much."
"But we just beat Mytanija and they're a top 100 side."
"Fair point. Who knows?"
"Jessica, why is your name spelt like that? Shouldn't it be J-E-S-Y-K-A?"
"You speak Kuvial?"
"Yeah. Do you like how it's spelt?"
"My name's spelt how it is in English, and my mum's an English speaker, so that probably has something to do with it. Do I like it? I think it looks cool spelt like this, but it can cause problems sometimes."
"Oh, okay. I think it's cute, I mean cool. I think it's cool."
"Thanks, Kahala."

That smile is so pretty! And those eyes. Oh my god, those eyes! No. I don't love Jessica. I mean, I do, but I'm not in love with Jessica. She has a girlfriend! But she's so perfect! Of course she is! That's why she has a girlfriend! Don't think about how beautiful she is! Don't think about the stars in her eyes, or her perfect smile, or her cheeks, or her hair, or her boobs, her nice boobs. Those are nice boobs. Damn it! Maybe I am in love with Jessica. I hope she doesn't notice. I hope she doesn't notice that I'm shaking out my skin. Holy cow, I'm shaking out of my skin!

"Hey. Kahala. We're here now."
"Huh? Oh, thanks."

All our hotels are really big and fancy!

Team Secretary: "We've got a bunch of two bedroom suites, and they're all king size beds, so you can bring whoever you want with you, Andre."
Raucous laughter
"Ya had to at me like that. Damn you."

"Kahala, you wanna stay with me?"
"Yes! Yes. Yeah, sure. Er, Jess, can I have one of those blunts?"
"Oh, sure!"

----------

Oh god. There's 100,000 people out there, and I'm going to be playing against one of the best teams in the world. I'm going to get slaughtered. I'm going to get nutmegged, or outrun, or sent off. I can't get sent off. This isn't the First Division. This is big. Really big. I can't let my country down. If I screw up really bad...

"It's okay. I can see you shaking. It's going to be all right. You'll do great out there."

Jessy's hugs feel so good. So soft. Everything will be okay.

"All you have to do is batter Tidesson. They're not expecting big things. Even if we lose 3-0, it's no big deal. They're 300 places above us. They'll probably run rings around me. Here. Have a chocolate cigar.
"No real cigar?"
"Eh, don't want to risk breaking some by law. It's fine for clubs. Heck, I basically get paid fifty grand a week to smoke on national television. World Cup? I'm not so sure."
"Okay, Jessy."

Just batter Tidesson. All I have to do is batter Tidesson. I probably shouldn't really batter him. I got sent off twice in the league last season. I don't want to be sent off today.

----------

Commentators:

"Hello to all of the fans watching today. I am Hurbas Dawros and with me tonight is Vaelja Karston. You are watching Sajnur versus Cosumar on Sajnur's Channel One."
"So, Hurbas. Cosumar are World Cup regulars and former Cup of Harmony champions, while our Sajnurans are new to the scene. What shall we expect today from the two teams?"
"Cosumar are top of the table on goal difference ahead of Saltstead, who they drew last matchday at Farris Crowley Stadium, while Sajnur are hot off their first victory against Mytanija at the Westfalenstadion in Prizren. The odds would definitely be against our players, but it was the same against Mytanija."
"You are optimistic, Hurbas?"
"Yes, Vaelja. Are you not?"
"Think about it. Cosumar are 15th in the world. Sajnur are... 315th."
"It does not sound good. We can only hope, though."
"We can only hope."
"Anyway, we can expect Cosumar to play primarily narrowly, while using Texstrom and Tidesson as their wide outlets. Eliseo Marinon has, in response, opted for a 4-3-3 in hopes of exploiting Cosumar's lack of wide defensive players. Indeed, it's exactly the same lineup that they played in Mytanija, with Kahala Murje and Taulant Haji blocking those wingers while Dario Tule and Ahmed Nazar try to get past... well, no one. I assume they'll be hounded by the Cosumar centre backs, or maybe Soderquist, but I don't really know."

----------

Now, through the tunnel, and onto the pitch. In, and out. I can hear the fans. When does this tunnel end? The fans are getting louder. Surely, the end is right around this corner. Nope. All I hear is cheering and there's still another corner. Around this corner. There! I can see the field! Oh, we're stopped now. I've done this four times. Why does this still surprise me?

Oh my god, we're actually walking out onto the National Stadium field! There it is. I'm on it! Oh my god, the crowd! The crowd in Tawqush was loud, but this... I can't hear myself think!

----------

Commentators:

"Soderquist. Kai-Kai [Mokumdarian]. Soderquist. Tricklebank. Sibucic. Tidesson. Tricklebank. Sibucic. Kai-Kai. Sibucic. Valgard. Through pass to Texstrom. He's running toward Vuierev. He's past Vuierev. He's running away with the ball and Hajat can't catch him. He's curling one past Laghiev, and it's in! It's 1-0 to Cosumar after 37 minutes."

----------

Oh, Tidesson has the ball. He's running. Oh, he's running towards me. Let him come to me? Or charge him? Charge him.

And slide!

----------

Commentators:

Tidesson receives the ball out wide from Tricklebank, and he's dribbling with it. Murje is approaching him, and she's going for the slide, and that is an excellent slide tackle! She's slid straight through Tidesson, and the winger's been left none the wiser!

----------

I've got it! Oh cow, that guys coming. Clear it! Phew. Ooh, Dario's [Tule] got it. Oh, he's wrecking the defenders. He scored! Yes! We're level! Yes! Yes!

----------

Commentators:

"Cosumar restart after the equaliser. It's the 76th minute, and it's now anyone's game."
"Normally, Cosumar would get more defensive by now, but they've just conceded and they will have expected to win this game. No doubt, a draw will make qualifying much less comfortable. For Sajnur, a point out of this game will be gold for them, but they need to hang on."

----------

Commentators:

"We're now in stoppage time, and Cosumar are hounding the Sajnuran goal. Isla Sibucic has the ball, she's sent it to Valgard. Valgard moves with it, he shoots, Laghiev makes an excellent save!. But Tidesson's chasing it, and Laghiev gets there just in time!"
"He's got that ball like it's his child. And he heaves it to Nazar, who threads it through for Naulo, and Naulo's clear! He's scampering away with it. Only Na'Kefir to beat. Na'Kefir is staying back. Na'Kefir dives to his left for a great save!"
"But it's a corner. It's the 94th minute, so this will certainly be the last play. Sajnur have only one chance. Cosumar will be leaving Javoser very disappointed, but Sajnur have one shot to pull off an unbelievable upset."

----------

"Kahala! Get behind the penalty box!"

Holy cow! We're this close to winning. We're this close to winning! Calm down. Just breathe, and watch Andre bunt in the winner. Jessy looks beautiful when she's taking corners. Even though she's wearing trousers and it's not even that cold. Girl, she can pull of those slacks, though. Oh shoot, she's taking the corner. Watch the ball, watch the ball, oh god. No, the keeper's punched it out. Oh god, it's coming towards me! Kick it! Oh my god...

----------

Commentators:

"Siafik is readying herself for the corner. She has her trademark chocolate cigar, half bitten in her hand. She's launched it, Naulo rises up but Na'Kefir's punched it out of his reach, to MurjeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."
"SAJNUR HAS DONE IT!!! SAJNUR HAS WON!!! SAJNUR HAS DEFEATED COSUMAR!!! KAHALA MURJE HAS SCORED THE WINNER!!! KAHALA MURJE IS OUR SAVIOUR!!!"

----------

"YES! YES! YEEEEESSSS!!!"

I've scored! I've scored! I can feel the stadium shaking, and it's all because I've scored! I can't even stand up! Yes, come here Jessica! Come down here and celebrate with me! Now you're down here on your knees with me, I'm gunna pull you in and kiss you! Wait, no. I have her an inch from my face, now, but I can't. I can't ki- oh. Oh. She can definitely kiss me. Fuck. The best footballer in the country just kissed me, and I'm now staring into her eyes like a moron. I love her even more, now.

"You're a hero, Kahala!"

----------

"Kahala, meet Gabby. Gabby, meet Kahala."
"Hi, G-gabby"
"Hi, Kahala."
"Well, we've just defeated the best team in our group in front of 102,000 screaming fans, and it's all because of you."
"It's not all because of me."
"Eh, it was mostly because of you. I'd say you have a long future ahead of you in that uniform."
"Really Jess?"
"Really."
"Gabby, is it okay that I kissed your girlfriend on live television?"
"Yeah, it's okay. In fact..."

[BLANK]

"Lets go to your room, Kahala, and have a toast to our triumph."
"I've got the alcohol!"
"Gabby definitely has the alcohol."
Last edited by Sajnur on Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 pm

NATIONAL | BUSINESS | PROVINCIAL | INTERNATIONAL | SPORTS | ENTERTAINMENT | SPORTS PORTAL

FOOTBALL: WORLD CUP 82 QUALIFIERS
Road to Recovery: Pula Garuda score two wins as Toh era begins

NORTH QUADANA - Finally, the Filindos are back to their feet.

The arrival of Ethel Toh on an interim basis have brought a change of scenery for Filindostani football. After dropping to dead last in the Group 14 tables, Filindostan managed to win the first two matches of one of the board members of the Filindostan Football Federation (FFF), one against Abristan at San Marco, and another on their travel to North Quadana, winning 2-1 despite conceding a late goal.

The wins allowed the Pula Garuda to climb up to 7th, with 7 points, 9 behind group leaders Polkopia, who drew with the Dagans, 2-2. They next face Tiiwark back in San Marco, who surprisingly defeated Starblaydia, ranked 17th in the multiverse. Xavier Rinoso, the assistant manager who always speaks for the team in media conferences, are confident that they can beat their opponents in the next set of matches.

Much have changed for the Filindos?

Toh's start to her reign as manager of the national team were not without controversy at the very beginning. Insider sources have scooped a spat between her and left back Casimir Likumahuwa during one of the training sessions, causing the left back to be left out of the squad altogether. More changes followed when the matchday programme against Abristan showed not only unfamiliar faces in the starting eleven and reserves, but very unfamiliar names. This was also evident in the kits they wore, with Cahya, the starting keeper for the match, had 'C.S. KARTAWIJAYA' written in the back of the kits instead of the usual 'CAHYA'. When asked during the post match conference, Rinoso said that it was part of the re-imaging program for Filindostan, which starts at national football and planned to be also implemented at basketball and other sports. Another glaring difference is that neither of the regulars were mentioned even for a bit, showing that Toh may have frozen out all of the regulars in the team.

Rinoso has informed the media that they plan to submit an updated roster that may possibly call up some of the newer names in Filindostani football, confirming the theory about leaving out Dina Satyawan, King, and co., and may spell the early end of 'D. N. Satyawan's international career. Rinoso has outlined more possible changes they wanted to implement in the post match conference, saying "We'll look further into it."

Written by FSNA Staff.
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:58 pm

To say the 6th matchday had some surprises would be an understatement. The Knights had the late game and it was all they could do but not watch the biggest matchup so far in qualifying as Darmen hosted Free Republics. And boy did that turn out to be a big one. The Knights in Skarten to face a relative unknown would hope to get some much needed road points of their own and many expected the early game to see Free Republics play well in Darmen and continue an early lead in group 6. But matchday 6 turned group 6 on its head as earlier in the day Geektopia held The Macabees to a 0-0 tie on the road, and then the destruction of the topped rank side in the group, Free Republics, was seen for all the world.

Not only did Darmen defeat the Free Republics, they obliterated them 5-1. The game was so impressive from the home side, which includes a man plying his trade in Taeshan in Aquila Freud, but the destruction was so impressive this newspaper is thinking of becoming a Darmeni national team Stan paper. Since the Purple Knights seem unlikely to mount any attempt at qualifying we may as well start rooting for the men in green. For their part the Knights earned victory, but they themselves were so caught up in the action that the entire team was late to warm-ups for the nightcap, in fact only substitute Miles Snavely, at his ripe old-age so unconcerned at ever playing in the World Cup, and just trying to score goals and lead the youth, having taken Nycolas Jackson out to the field. The rest of the side showed early struggles in the game due to a lack of warm-ups. For their part they would also get a win, but at this point who cares. Darmen once again seems likely to prove to much for the Knights to handle, and now a disgruntled Free Republics side seems likely to tear apart the rest of the teams moving forward.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:08 pm

04. Fiora (Part 2)

Marriage? Firoa thought to herself. She did her best to maintain a nonchalant expression, but the harsh sting of tears were felt in her eyes as she tried to make sense of the situation. She couldn't get married yet! She was only 13!

"B-but, Madame," she started to say before pausing to take a deep breath. "but Madame, I'm not ready to get married yet!"

Madame Alyovna gave a sympathetic smile. "I understand dear, but it an unfortunate fact of reality that you must face. It is not for you to decide when you are ready or not, and you must understand this."

Her eyes began to burn more and more strongly as she thought about what this could mean for her. She wasn't necessarily sad about the situation, so much as surprised. She hadn't ever thought about getting married. Her brother, who was two years older than her, hadn't even begun to entertain the idea of marriage. After many minutes of fighting the urge to cry, the burning sensation began to overwhelm her and she blinked, allowing for her tears to begin to roll freely down her cheeks.

"Darling, you mustn't cry. Much will be expected of you as a bride-to-be, and sorrow will be not be tolerated in the high court. Do you know how many years I had when I got married?"

Fiora hadn't thought much about Madame Alyovna's life, or cared for the matter, but she shrugged, rubbed her eyes and listened to the Madame's story.

Madame Alyovna continued. "I had just taken my twelfth year when my father, in his drunken stupor, informed me of his plan to marry me to some high lord in Nova Lingova. I knew nothing of him, hadn't seen him before in my life, nor have I ever been to this part of the country before. But that was that, and there was nothing I could do about it. Three months later, I found myself reciting my wedding vows inside Kasperskiy Tserkov1 right in this very city. That was the first day I saw my new husband. Now, I understand your pain darling, I truly do, and my heart aches to see a young, pure soul such as yourself have to endure the same fear I did years ago, but you mustn't make the same mistakes I did when I was young. When I saw my husband's face for the first time, I looked at him and thought to myself, 'this is the man who I'm to spend the rest of my life with. He is my protector, and I am his lover, and we will be forever happy with such a mutualistic relationship.'" Madame Alyovna paused and shook her head, laughing to herself. "My darling, I don't ever want to you to believe that you're destined for a life of servitude to your husband. You will be told that your new life will be filled with obligations to provide for your husband and, when the time comes, provide for your kids as well, and at times you most certainly will believe this to be true. Do yourself a favor and find something that drives you. Find something to allow yourself to overcome the hardships that marriage will most certainly bring you, and keep this in your mind at all times. Don't ever share your new-found treasure with those around you, especially your husband, as he will most certainly tarnish any of your rubies, sapphires, and emeralds, and there won't be a single jeweler in all of Polkopia to replace these priceless gems."

Madame Alyovna sat back in her seat and studied Fiora's expression. Fiora, meanwhile, used this time to better compose herself and listen to the Madame's advice. find something that drives you she thought to herself, and she repeated the expression in her head over and over again until not a single thought remained in her head except that very one. But the larger issue remained, what could possibly drive her to overcome an arranged marriage?

"How do I find something to drive me?" Fiora asked.

The Madame chucked. "Darling, there is no easy way to tell you. I wish I could, believe me, I wish I could spare you the pain of trying to figure this out for yourself, but I simply cannot. It's something you must do on your own."

Fiora nodded and the two women sat in the room in silence. There wasn't much else to talk about the situation, and any further thoughts regarding the marriage brought about an immense pain in Fiora's chest. Fiora even found it painful to make eye-contact with Madame Alyovna, and instead kept her eyes trained on her hands as they peeled the skin away from the sides of her fingernails.

"Fiora, do you have any further questions for me?" Madame Alyovna asked finally.

Without looking up, Fiora sniffled and shook her head. She didn't want to talk to Madame Alyovna anymore. She'd rather be caned for hours or yelled at for her posture than spend another minute talking about this subject.

"Then we're done now. Fiora, I'll arrange for a carriage to take you back to your father's palace. Do me a favor, won't you, and please write to me. Even if you're in Peeto months from now, I'd still like to hear from you."

Fiora nodded and stood up from her seat. The world around her seemed to be spinning at an unimaginable pace and Fiora struggled to make sense of it all. Her head felt heavy and she felt the vessels in her head poking and prodding around her skull. The last thing she remembered was a deafening whistle echoing throughout the room before losing consciousness.

1Kasperskiy Tserkov is a historic church in the old town of Nova Lingova and still stands today.
Last edited by Polkopia on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Eura
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eura » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Four years ago

Images flashed up and vanished again on hundreds of monitors in the “brain room” of EAF Kerslake. This facility was one of the largest battlefield intelligence centres in Eura, possibly in the world, where thousands of desk based Euran military personnel and experts analysed enormous amounts of data ranging from aerial photography to malicious code attacking government infrastructure. At the height of the attritional “third phase” of the war, Kerslake and places like it were what gave Eura the edge to slowly grind down the Sameban regime. Accurate information paid dividends; thousands of targets from buildings to SRA commanders had been eliminated thanks to the intelligence gathered here. It was also a high value target itself, which is why the building was built in south-west Eura and two hundred feet underground, originally with the threat of Valladares and its nuclear arsenal in mind.

One of the analysts working here was Katie Wainright, a 57 year old former auditor who had signed up the moment after the Samebans had levelled Pooltree to initiate the war. She wasn’t much use as a soldier but her attention to detail and ability to retain information gave her an equally useful skillset in wartime. The powers that be had put her in the Tactical Imagery Unit which examined hundreds of thousands of photographs taken by ground units, drones, aircraft and the intelligence services. It was nearly six o’clock and most of the staff had gone home – the Air Force had permitted all but a skeleton crew of colleagues to work peacetime hours in the past month. Katie’s husband bothered her periphery with frequent texts to her rattling phone. She’d be home soon, he just had to be patient. After looking through an image carefully, she sighed and slid it into the ‘dispose’ tray. Nothing useful.

Katie tapped her fingers repeatedly on the desk. She was agitated by something that she’d noticed earlier in the afternoon and couldn’t put it out of her mind. It was one particular photo taken from an EAF drone surveying a patch of south-eastern occupied Sameba. Deciding to settle her concerns she pulled it out from the disposal tray and looked at it again. The crisp picture showed the remains of Kura, a semi-abandoned town up in the hills that overlooked the eastern lowlands of Sameba’s south east coast. A few signs of civilian life could be seen. Some of the allotments were still in use, and some cars could be seen on the roads. Remarkably you could even discern locals gathered outside a pub. There was no Euran Army presence in the town, only South Sameban paramilitaries who had agreed to police behind-the-lines areas like this on behalf of the Euran government until the war was won.

She just had an inkling that something wasn’t right in the bottom right corner of the photo. Some houses were visible. Most of them appeared to be in disrepair and likely abandoned. One had been completely flattened – probably by an airstrike during the original Euran counterattack – and the hulk of an SRA armoured personnel carrier lay dormant in the street, hollowed out by an anti-tank missile and unmoved since. It made her wince a bit to think that it probably contained the unburied corpses of boys no older than her own son, although as Sameban soldiers her sympathy was limited. He was out there somewhere still, missing in action. The letter had come in two months ago. His unit had been encircled during a supposedly major engagement called the ‘Battle of Buring’. He drove a tank, an MBT-8H, an emblem of Euran military power. The Ministry of Defence had asked families of the missing not to talk to the press, “to avoid damage to morale”. Her hopes for his return were fading a little every day.

A tear rolled down her cheek as she looked over this mysterious street. Then she saw it – shadows in the garden of a house that stood on its own at the end of the street. It took her a moment but then the realisation struck home. They were clothes lines. The shadows were being cast by clothes but there had to be at least five rows. Previous experience and knowledge of the dimensions on the drone’s camera told her these lines had to be at least ten feet long. She did the maths. Fifty feet minimum of washing line would mean clothes for a large group of people. The shadows cast by the fences around the garden were bigger, suggesting the fences must be high enough to protect the garden from being viewed from the outside. There were no neighbouring houses due to the dwelling’s odd position at the end of the street. She put her soldier’s hat on, as her manager frequently told her to do. If you wanted to hide a group of armed men in a built up area, wouldn’t you pick somewhere relatively tucked away but big enough to hold them all? She had to find out more.

A figure loomed over her. ‘How are we doing Katie? You can go home now you know, you’ve done enough today.’ It was Commander Andrews, who ran the base. She was also female and twenty-five years younger than Katie which always made it feel a bit strange when the Commander tried to be so friendly. ‘I’m fine boss, thanks. Let me finish up this case and I’ll head home.’
‘What is it?’
‘Something from the latest drone feed over Grid Square 90-25 that I’ve been reviewing. Look at this house. The garden, specifically.’ The Commander leaned over and took a closer look. ‘Oh yes. Those are clothing lines?’
‘They are, and I’m thinking right, there’s got to be loads of kit there. Maybe I’m just being overzealous but doesn’t that strike you as odd?’
‘Have you got previous photos from the same position? Matt, come over here.’ Another analyst walked over. ‘Matt, could you work out the address of that building and see what information we have on it? Inhabitants, where they are?’ Matt nodded and went off to action the request.

By the time he had come back, the Commander and Katie’s suspicions had only grown. They had reviewed photos of the exact same positions from the last three flights overhead by the drones. ‘Look! Nothing there in the garden. And that scrappy looking old car outside? Not there.’
‘Interesting. Matt what have you found?’ Matt handed over a file. It transpired that the occupants of the house had been the family of a South Sameban militant leader. He had been executed by the regime in the opening days of the war, and his family disappeared. The house should have been empty, not occupied by a large group of people. ‘Alright, I don’t know who was in that building but I have a feeling they were not there with good intentions. We should pass this on to the OSI and see what the local paramilitaries say about the house. Good work Katie.’ Within a few hours the intelligence services had interviewed locals who claimed the building had been briefly occupied by an unknown group of men, who had suddenly vanished a week ago. A large group of men had been seen going into the countryside on foot that day by a farmer, who hadn’t reported the sighting at the time. Little did they know it, but the remnants of the Gustav Karl Jansson Brigade were being hunted.

Three days later

They had been walking a while now. The column of thirty LKPS men had split up into three groups for safety but remained in touching distance, with three of them unarmed up top in case they came across any patrols. What they really needed was a vehicle or a freight train heading eastwards, but all they could find out here were churned fields and ruined buildings. Only the odd rotting corpse or abandoned farmhouse broke up the monotonous scenery. Halvorsen remained on edge in a state of near permanent caution. He felt they had been lucky so far. The nights had been clear, not too cold and moonlit, allowing progress around the clock, while the days had been murky and quiet. Maybe the act of being random civilians minding their own business had worked.

His rifle was knocking about in the tattered old sports bag he had picked up at the house. It wasn’t the perfect cover to conceal Halvorsen’s weapon but he figured that, if an enemy got close enough to work out it carried more than jogging shorts, he would be using it anyway. Their tranquil march was momentarily halted by Gron. ‘Vehicles! On the road to the west!’ Everyone came to a standstill and looked westwards. There were indeed vehicles to the west but, much to Ulman’s amusement, it turned out to be a wrecked Sameban convoy. Crows circled. The bodies were recent and unburied. ‘Euran airpower.’ Halvorsen muttered like he was reciting some kind of maxim. Ulman belly laughed at Gron’s jumpy moment. ‘If only you were as good with your eyes as you are at gambling, eh?’ Gron scowled and pushed his way past his comrade. Halvorsen wasn’t laughing. If the EAF were lurking then he and his men were in danger. ‘Enough chat. We keep going.’ He tried to ignore the threat of the increasingly clear sky above.

After another mile he allowed his men to stop for a break. It was then that they noticed it. A low buzzing sound, like some kind of insect, humming from a distance. One of the younger volunteers called out the source with an excited yelp. ‘Drone! To the north. It must be flying quite low.’
‘Ignore it and keep moving. Break over. If we keep calm and maintain a low profile they will think we are paramilitaries or even refugees.’ As they had done for over 72 hours, they kept walking. The drone vanished after a little time. The sky was getting clearer still. Valdman didn’t like it either; he was walking briskly and with his head down. Then the men at the front stopped. Halvorsen wondered what the hold up was. He was about to run forward and investigate when a puff of dirt and smoke erupted around them. Instantly, the unfortunate point-men had been disintegrated.

A shiver raced up Halvorsen’s spine as a ground attack jet swept over them. He had seen the type in briefings. He couldn’t remember the name but it was a tank killer, a monstrous ground attack aircraft and imperialist war machine with a thirty millimetre cannon, the weapon that had torn apart three of his men. The jet showed no sign of coming back for another attack but the deep thudding of approaching helicopters made it clear the Eurans were on their way. Valdman looked at him for some kind of instruction. ‘Run!’ There was nothing else to do. He and his comrades equipped their weapons and began sprinting towards the next ridge, unaware that six men at the back had been left behind.
Last edited by Eura on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
United Federation of Eura - Sporting achievements
Champions: WC66, WC73, CR23, CR27, CR34, CoH 85, Market Cup I, Next Generation Trophy, Gold Medal (Mens Football) Olympics IX
Runner up: WC60, WC72, WC78, CR16, CR20, CR32, CR44, CoH51, COH79
Host: CR24, CR37, BoF60, CR Under 21's and Under 17's

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:45 pm

SSM | Sargossan State Media
International Edition - Sport – Football - SuperLiga

Stunning Sporting Demolish Dínamo

Maya Escalona reports;

The SuperLiga seems to enjoy a sharp swerve, and this weekend it saved its best for the round’s final fixture. Dínamo Maturín had been on an impressive run, five straight wins had seen the Quellan side rise majestically through the rankings to settle in just behind the league’s frontrunners. Opponents Sporting San Marquez on the other hand had been hopelessly erratic in recent weeks and looked certain to be victim number six. And with just over an hour played they still could have been, despite going into the interval 3 – 0 down. Édgar Carballal’s goal for Dínamo, eventually awarded after intervention from the VAR team, reduced the deficit to 3 – 2, following a stunning Rebona pass from Miguel Marí. Although staff and fans alike would have winched as the thirty two year old’s tendons stretched to make it happen.

But as it opened so did the window of opportunity slam shut, spurred on first by Pedro Zorita and then by a brace from Miguel Ángel Berganza as Dínamo were blown away on the counter attack while committing too heavily in the forward positions.

It was by a distance Sporting’s best performance of what has so far proved to be a frustrating season, and it arrived at a most auspicious time for coach Alejandro Echeverría, recent recipient of a ‘vote of confidence’. In fact, if rumour is to be believed, Echeverría potentially could have already been out of a job. Only the lack of a viable replacement, former Sportivo Soluca boss Eduardo Alemán reportedly having given an approach from Sporting the gentle brush off, had seemingly saved him.

It was an important day too for Berganza, the forward relocating his scoring touch with his national coach watching on from the stands. For both men it was a first return to the Ciudad Deportiva since that dreadful night two months ago when the national side contrived to throw away a 3 – 1 lead in the final fifteen minutes against qualification surprise packages Crystalline Caverns. Four successive wins since that night have seen the Corsairs drag themselves up the group table, but they remain some way behind leaders Pasarga. And with Rushmore’s oldest active derby next on the agenda for the national team Breganza’s goals are well timed.

Elsewhere…

• Ciudad Soluca remain top but had to settle for just a point at home to Alianza Jucaro. Scoring three at the Estadio Generalissimo Joaquín Delgado would normally be a harbinger of three points for the hosts but a Tomas Murillo double and a late strike from César Tenorio ensured Alianza, finding their feet under Alberto Moya after a shaky start, battled to a deserved point.

• The recipient of ‘worst week’ must surely be Juventudé, who followed up a 4 – 0 pasting in Bayamo last Sunday with another four goal drubbing, at home to champions El Nacional, on Saturday. Whatever plan Jorge Rasgado had conjured up went out the window following the sending off of defender Saúl Cambeiro after just ten minutes. His team did their best but could do little to prevent the inevitable.

• And there were ugly scenes in Durgos during Jaguarés’ Incan derby against Estrella Torreón. Pitch invasions twice caused suspensions in play as security measures at the Estadio José Romero proved woefully lax. The match finished goalless but Jaguarés could yet find themselves the subject of retrospective punishment.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:22 pm

ÖRKENDREM PAPERS

Analzying the national team`s peformence.

Its been six matches in witch Darkmania has played and with 3 wins, 2 losses and a tie, its fair to say that it's been a surprise of the national team, earning us a 5th place out of 10, with only 6 points behind the group-leader Audioslavia. With 1/3 of all matches being played, it's not 100% guaranteed that Darkmania can qualify for her first world cup. So what are the options going on forward?

Well, Darkmania might do it well in the 12 matches, but we can get wrong. After all, we are 4th strongest team in the group in terms of the rank with a solid 75th place. However, as we know, the future is unpredictable and we don't have a glass crystal.

The other option is that we will not qualify and plays at the Cup of Harmony. Its the most likely scenario as the top 2 qualifies with the third going into a match against an other third-placed country for a spot. And lets face it. We aren't going to get third place as there are too strong.

We have quickly gone into two options and we will report on the team in the next 6 matches.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:32 pm

"Eternal Empress Valanora announces new National Pokémon Championship"
He had no words to answer his friend. He had been dealing with his plots for ages now, ever since he moved into town. He saw himself as a respectable, nice young man with lots of good qualities, always approachable, always easy to befriend, always fair and always able to work with others for noble goals. Yet now, after seventeen years, he was trying to find the proper words to answer one of his more common benefactors. The damned Hinode that lived down the road, now busy showing him the headlines of a paper his dad bought.
Hinode: Come on, Apox.
He remained silent, his mind racing as he tried to come up with the best words to not insult his friend, yet point out that this, another scheme for quick money, was too much trouble for what it was worth. He didn't know why he always came up with those ideas, it wasn't like Hinode was the son of some guy taking a dead end job, his family was from abroad, apparently some big bucks trainer and whatnot, even if it didn't quite show these days. Why was he in such a quest for money all the time? Unless-
Hinode: Hey, man. You're in or what?
He sighed.
Apox: ...How much is it gonna cost?

Hinode: Uh... nothing, dude.
Apox: Are you taking the piss?
Hinode: But it doesn't, really.
He shrugged. I mean, there's a professor nearby that gives out a starting Pokémon and five Pokéballs which we can then use to get some other Pokémon, as long as we send him reports about what we find on our way and stuff.Apox: I'm just surprised. After all, mate, usually, your schemes cost us stuff.
Hinode: Like?
Apox: The Lemonade stand that never led to anything, that time you suggested we became skateboarders, that time you started an indie radio-
Hinode: Alright, alright. Look, I know I don't have the best track record but you got to believe me on this one. Pokémon battling reeks in the cash like nobody's business. Plus, we can ask my dad for any tips we need.
Apox: And why you're asking me to go with you? I mean... only one guy can be the National Champion and stuff.
Hinode: Yeah, but that wouldn't make a great history now, would it?
Apox: And why do you even care for that, mate?
Hinode: I have my reasons, mon ami.

He got up from the bench, adjusting his scarf as the two started to walk towards the Professor's place.
Hinode: So, what we're gonna do is get there, accept anything he asks us to do, get our Pokémons, get the hell out of dodge, go for the badges needed to sign up for the tournament, sign up, one of us win it, we share the prize and we then retire at Alola Islands.
Apox: I thought you hated that place, mate.
Hinode: That I do, but when you got enough money, even a hellhole can be pretty cool, you know?
Apox: I know what you mean, I guess. But are you sure this is a good idea? I mean... dealing with the Professor and all. We don't even know the guy.
Hinode: Eh, I wouldn't be worried. I mean, come on, Pokémon Professor types don't sound like some crazy wad with a dark coat or something.

And it was then that they realized the Professor's house.
A foggy, thick-aired place.
It looked... decent, but worn down.
In fact, Apox himself was a bit curious if the place was even powered.
Alas, those thoughts didn't last as he soon felt as if he was being pushed.
Which he was. By Hinode.
Hinode: Alright, Apox, time to take one for the team.
He stopped himself from moving, getting away from his pushes.
Apox: Oi, you came up with the idea, you go there first!
Hinode: Now why would I do that? What do I think I am? Nuts?

Will our heroes enter the Professor's house?
Will they chicken out?
Make sure to follow the next episode of PokéCards Underground!
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:36 pm

The History Behind the Shirt

Ediraf have produced Generations One through Five (L - R) of Starblaydia's national football team uniforms

By EDIRAF STAFF

JHANNA, STARBLAYDIA - For more than a quarter of a millennium, ediraf have been the company who have clothed the Starblaydi national team in some of the finest threads in the multiverse. Whether win, lose or draw since the 15th World Cup, Starblaydi sides have always looked good doing it. At this point it's almost impossible to imagine Starblaydia and ediraf not in partnership together. From the earliest days all the way through to the latest tournaments, the iconic white kit with purple trim has seen five golden stars added to it. This long and prestigious history doesn't always get told, however, so for this Matchday of World Cup 82 Qualifying, we thought we'd give the entire rundown of when, how and what ediraf provided for one of the most famous football teams in history.

The Away kit, where being 'that team in purple' began

Generation One

Debut: World Cup 15 Qualifiers, Matchday One - Vilita 2-1 Starblaydia

This wasn't called, of course, 'Generation One' at the time, as it was the first of the ediraf kits with a simple high, round neck and under-arm piping. There wasn't even a logo to promote the company itself, nor even the Starblaydi Football Association's logo, as they didn't even directly run the national team at this time. Before even the concept of a national team had been formalised, they simply played with the Starblaydi flag in a circle over their hearts. It was white with purple trim for the home, and a reverse for the away, beginning the tradition right at the very start.

It was in this kit that the rivalry with Vilita began as the two teams beat the other at home, beginning the tussle for regional and world domination. In this kit, Nikola "Laser" Lazerevski scored the first international hat-trick as Starblaydia demolished Dance 2 Revolution 5-1 on Matchday Nine. Starblaydia went to two Cups of Harmony and managed two solitary wins, competed in the AOCAF Cup for the first time and went to three Under-21 World Cups as they climbed the KPB rankings from 115th to 46th in the world. It was a good start for this team, though nothing would obviously point to the greatness they would go on to achieve. Their first uniform had served them well, but this was a time to go the next step.

Version 2.0 of the Starblaydi team kit

Generation Two

Debut: World Cup 20 Finals, Matchday One - Starblyadia 0-0 Svecia

Version 2.0 of the Starblaydi kit marked the beginning of ediraf introducing themselves on the world stage. Refining the piping slightly by raising it away from the shorts, moving the number to the centre of the chest and introducing both the SFA's long-standing logo and a discreet branding mark of their own. As Starblaydia wore this on home soil in the World Cup for the very first time, ediraf also began making international deals to supply their high-quality kits to other national football teams. Notable names in the ediraf stable at this point included Fmjphoenix, Kose and the Turkomans, Kaze Progressa, Legalese, Liverpool England, Schiavonia and Spaam. They were also selected as the Primary Apparel Sponsor for World Cups 25 and 29 in this time, but between those two, Starblaydia had added two golden stars above the SFA logo. This was the kit Simeone Di Bradini wore as he scored at home in a World Cup against The Belmore Family, where he played his club football, in a romping 5-1 win in the World Cup 20 Finals. This was the kit that Giovanni Lopez wore as he scored the winner against Rejistania in Extra Time, that enabled Nunzio Gre to lift the World Cup for the first time. This was the two World and AOCAF Cup Doubles, the 8-0 against Obsidianus, the misery of the Casaran Job and the agony of Bedistan getting revenge in World Cup 30. This is a fondly-remembered kit in Starblaydi minds and certainly laid the foundation for future successes.

Although the home kit remained white with purple trim, the away kits varied - particularly at Under-21 level - with purple and white, yellow and black, purple and gold, and black and purple. Starblaydia remained in these kits until World Cup 34, when they and ediraf both stepped away from the international scene due to a government-imposed hiatus.

The Home, Away and World Cup 40 special edition Home kits

Generation Three

Debut: Baptism of Fire for World Cup 38, Matchday One - Starblyadia 2-3 Merovis

Starblaydia came back with a bang to the World Cup for the 38th edition after a decade out in the cold and they did so with a cracking new ediraf kit. Completely redesigned and incorporating sleek, sweeping curves, the sense of dynamism given off by these kits was mirrored in the way that Starblaydia threw themselves back into international competition. Finishing as Runners-Up in their Baptism of Fire, Starblaydia quickly made a string of Quarter-Final appearances at the 21st AOCAF Cup, 3rd Di Bradini Cup and 39th World Cup, before finishing in 3rd Place at the 22nd AOCAF Cup.

It didn't last particularly long on the players backs, but was still the star of the show as Starblaydia co-hosted the World Cup for the second time, seeing great players like Alfonso Di Angelo, Leandro Perheira and Jae Chang-hwa all strive to do their best on the world stage while wearing it. This design was also famous for being the first time Starblaydia wore not-white uniforms, as to mark Simeone Di Bradini passing from the real world (to what would prove to be the Dreamed Realm), a special black home kit was produced that remains a collector's item and vintage favourite to this day.

The much-loved Generation Four design

Generation Four

Debut: World Cup 41 Qualifiers, Matchday One - Starblyadia 0-1 Tynelia

Known directly as 'Generation Four', this innovative design is often listed as the favourite among Starblaydi fans. Not only does it provide a great-looking, unique style, but it carries with it the memories of three World Cup triumphs. Although the first time it was debuted it actually came in white with green trim due to the nationwide 'Green Starblaydia' environmental campaign that saw the building of the Stadii Di Bradini to the highest of eco-friendly standards, which still remarkably hold up well today. Perhaps this was a lucky omen, because Leandro Perheira lifted the cup wearing this very kit, marking Starblaydia's return to the world's elite with a third championship. Back to purple trim Starblaydia went, adding a fourth and then an unprecedented fifth golden star above the Starblaydi Football Association's logo. We've used World Cup 47's edition kit to illustrate this Generation, because when Tuomas Hindenberg lead his team up in Valanora to collect the World Cup trophy, this was the exact kit they were wearing, this was the crowning glory of Starblaydi football that has yet to be bettered. For ediraf, too, this kit marked something of a golden age.

This was where the technical innovation had truly come in, where form was married so brilliantly with function and both technique and technicality combined for the perfect outfit. The versatility of this kit was well marked across the multiverse, as the list of teams who wore Generation Four is a long one: Acapais, Bears Armed, Bazalonia, Blouman Empire, Bostopia, Cafundéu, Candelaria And Marquez, Carpathia and Ruenthia, The Holy Empire, Jey, Jeru FC, Kereca, Kosovoe, Krytenia, Lamoni, Liventia, Logira, Lovisa, Midlonia, Nova Britannicus, Newmanistan, Nojika, Nethertopia, Pasarga, Peisandros, The Islands of Qatar, Qazox, San Adriano, Sargossa, Sarzonia, Swilatia, The Golden Throne of the Macabees and Valanora, among others. You'll notice that some of these names have remained as ediraf customers right through to the present generation, showing that the triumvirate of service, quality and styling are the key hallmarks of an ediraf kit.

Generation Five, the World Cup's new standard

Generation Five

Debut: World Cup 78 Qualifiers, Matchday One - St Saratoga 1-2 Starblaydia

And here we are: the present day. It's a strange little fact that the first team to wear this edition of the kit was Acapais in the SPAWK Baptism of Fire. ediraf made this decision because of the loyalty of the Acapais Football Association, still choosing to wear the same uniform they'd procured all those Cups ago. Generation Five has become the standard by which all other national team kits are measured. Though competitors have come and gone, be they JMC, No Nonsense, Meski or whoever, the timelessness and quality of a cutting-edge football kit from ediraf still leads the way and still places down a marker for other companies to try and equal. It's a lot like the way Starblaydia operates, from their politics to their football team. The mightier-than-thou stance known as 'RAWRCRUSH', the challenge to continually prove that our songs are stronger and our feet are faster than yours.

This drive for excellence is recognised around the World Cup once more, with more than twenty national teams all benefitting from both the greatest technological innovations and the greatest design minds in peak performance athletic clothing today. It's no wonder that ediraf claim to be the World''s Premier Sportswear Apparel Manufacturer, because on the basis of this evidence - the longevity, innovation, reinvention, customisation and performance facilitation - that claim will take some beating.
Last edited by Starblaydia on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Velestria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Velestria » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:55 pm

[ Join the Velestria NT and Diamond Gregory as they continue in their goal in qualifying for the 82nd NSWC! ]

Presented by the Velish Football Association
Last edited by Velestria on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CROWN FEDERATION OF VELESTRIA & THE JA'BARILANDS & GRIERWOOD & THE LOTUS KEYES
Sporting World Cup 6 champion
Trigram: VLZ | Demonym: Lotish | Capital: Southampshire | Leader: Statminister Winfrey Godsend | Newswire

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports