NATION

PASSWORD

WC 82 RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:07 pm

INDOSPORTS PREMIUM

FORCA INDUSSE

Apox:
Group 15
Kandorith 1–2 Lisander
Equestrian States 3–1 Mercedini
Krytenia 2–2 Pratapgadh
Garifunya 4–3 Zeniyadh
Ancherion 2–1 Indusse

Group 15                       Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Equestrian States 3 3 0 0 9 1 +8 9
2 Garifunya 3 2 0 1 11 9 +2 6
3 Kandorith 3 1 1 1 8 8 0 4
4 Indusse 3 1 1 1 6 6 0 4
5 Ancherion 3 1 1 1 6 7 −1 4
6 Lisander 3 1 1 1 5 8 −3 4
7 Mercedini 3 1 0 2 10 9 +1 3
8 Krytenia 3 0 3 0 5 5 0 3
9 Pratapgadh 3 0 2 1 4 7 −3 2
10 Zeniyadh 3 0 1 2 5 9 −4 1

Indusse loses to andorith yesterday. the match which had the capt.baskar at the bench and mr.rajpoot at his position made indusse loose all its courage. the match had the rise of aryan again by a fabulous pen goal at the 65` minute.

Andorith 2-1 indusse

Indusse losts कल मैच में बेंच और mr.rajpoot पर capt.baskar था में अपने पद पर indusse ढीला अपने सभी courage.the मैच 65` मिनट में एक शानदार कलम गोल से फिर आर्य के उदय था बनाया andorith करने के लिए।

ഇന്നലെ നടന്ന മത്സരത്തിൽ സിന്ധുവിനൊപ്പം ചേർന്നു. ഇൻഡ്യൻ ബാറ്റ്സ്മാന്റെ ബാസ്ക്കറിലും മഞ്ചു രാജ്പോട്ടിലും കളിക്കാനിറങ്ങിയതായിരുന്നു കളി. ആറാം മിനുട്ടിൽ തന്നെ ആര്യൻ വീണ്ടും ഉയർന്നു.

सिंधुची कालची गतवर्षी हार झाली. त्या सामन्यात कर्णधार होता. बेंचवर बस्कर आणि मि. राजपूत यांनी त्याच्या धैर्याने सर्वच धैर्य गमावले. हा सामना 65 मिनिटांनी शानदार पेन गोल करून पुन्हा आरियानचा उदय झाला
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 pm

‭Danu wanted to go down into the city and start his new life, but Jigme warned him not to leave the monastery because he didn't have a valid ID card. "If they find you without an ID, they'll send you to the camps," Jigme said.

‭"But I'm a Sherpa! I'm sure if I explain..."

‭Jigme shook his head. "No, they will send you to the camps."

‭For the first time, Danu realized that he had made a mistake by asking to be sent to another world with no way to return home.

A recent report from the Imperial Census Bureau says the Sherpa Empire's unsustainable population growth is slowing down. By the year 1200 NS, the population is expected to level off around 1.8 billion. The IHS says their family planning initiative, which provides sex-ed and contraceptives to millions of people across the Empire, has played a crucial role in curbing the Empire's overcrowding problem.

‭The current population is approximately 1.3 billion.

‭By the year AD 2080, the population of Scherpareich is expected to reach 1 billion for the first time in it's history. Government experts believe tax incentives that reward people for having large families have played a crucial role in facilitating the nation's growth.

‭The current population is approximately 600 million.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:34 am

Nephara 6 - 3 Dreamplanet
(4-4-2) 12 - Mercator; 2 - Longship, 5 - Visser, 6 - Steelhenge, 3 - Close (19 - Rouphos 73'); 14 - Kuepper (13 - Kranevitter 80'), 23 - Shone, 8 - Chalk, 11 - Strongbow (16 - Staunton 64'); 9 - Hawke, 10 - Metzger
Goals: Hawke 7', Kuepper 22', Metzger 30' 44', Chalk 38', Rouphos 83'

THE HERALD
NEPHARIM DEMOLITION PROVES WELCOME DISTRACTION FROM REAL WORLD
Erik Waldemar

As the fragile detente between Corvistone and Rozelle melts, reports of anti-Nepharim violence in North Hall leak in, and the Fort Sutton confrontation more and more resembles a siege, sometimes it's nice to just watch your national team blow away their opponents 5-1 in the first half. Five debutants were mixed in with an otherwise strong team, and two of them scored, while the strike partnership of Hawke and Metzger many years in the making made an immediate, stunning impact.

For all that, there's the sense things could have been very different. Just two minutes into the game, Miguel Benedito clipped a clever pass that split debutants Longship and Visser, with captain Luis Silva gliding outside Longship to meet the end of it, and drove the ball back towards the outside of the box. The striker, Figueiredo, shot perhaps a little too close to the centre, but enough can't be made of Hesterine Mercator's stunning reflex save to palm it away. When Estrella Hawke got a similar opportunity five minutes later, fed by the lively Marica Kuepper, she didn't give Vaz the chance to copycat.

Dreamplanet's attacking trident was a constant threat, and it wasn't too much of a shock to see them level - Figueiredo played through by Hungar, played onside by the indecisive Longship, turning quickly, rounding Mercator and rifling the ball into an empty net, though Longship was inches from a redemption act, sliding in to hook the ball out of the net but just over the line. But practically from kickoff, the Cormorants smashed through the Dreamplanet defence, Metzger taking possession and bulldozing past Oliveira and Pedro before rolling the ball across to Marica Kuepper, who smashed it first-time past Vaz.

From there, the floodgates opened. A straightforward but perfect cross from Strongbow was met powerfully by Metzger, before Malachi Chalk, now tied down to Nephara just as Brenecia were starting to circle, was given too much time and space outside the box, able to curl a strike around Vaz from distance. Metzger rounded out a man-of-the match performance when a beautiful first touch to a Longship long pass took the ball beautifully beyond Cardozo, letting him rush one-on-one with the goalkeeper, steady himself and chip the exposed Vaz.

That said, there was less to crow about in the second. That said, anyone who expected Dreamplanet to go down without a fight didn't pay enough attention to the pedigree in their forward line. Captain Luis Silva, handed too much space by Valeri Longship, dropped a perfect diagonal ball between the defenders that Figueiredo sprinted onto and tipped elegantly between Mercator's legs with his toe, before Figueiredo inadvertently turned provider seven minutes later, twisting away from Alcander Visser and hammering a strike against the post. With Visser out of position and Mercator sprawled, FC Brimstone winger Aaron Hungar swept the rebound into effectively an empty net.

Fortunately for Aidan Brosque's nerves, and unfortunately for the away fans daring to dream that the comeback was on, Nike Rouphos capped a lively debut with a goal, pressing high, intercepting a slack pass from Jorge, driving into the box and striking low across the beleagured Vaz for Nephara's 6th. It was an impressive way to cap an impressive cameo. Malachi Chalk also had a strong debut, with Minka Kranevitter looking sharp as well; debuting defenders Visser and Longship, perhaps, have more work to do to keep their foot in the door.

With three matches played, the Cormorants already look in a very strong position; two points above Robostania, and four above any team (specifically Pridnestrovia) who can mount a serious challenge for the top two, with third-seeds Tinhampton and second-seeds Baker Park cancelling each other out in a goalless stalemate. Victory in Pridnestrovia next week will go a long way towards ensuring a stress-free qualification process - and a serious dog-fight over second beneath them. If Dreamplanet's defence can raise their game to match their front three, they might well have designs on that place themselves.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:38 am

Xanneria accidentally credited a goal to Calhoun, a goalkeeper, which he clarified on Discord was due to a misreading of my roster rather than a stylistic choice. As a result, I'm crediting the first goal to regular penalty-taker Case, in the spirit of it being described in his RP as a penalty, and leaving Szubanski's goals and the timing untouched.

Brenecia 3 - 2 Xanneria
(4-1-4-1) 1 - Calhoun; 2 - Broxham, 5 - Horgan, 6 - Szubanski, 3 - Quill; 4 - Staunton (23 - Alweather 70'); 7 - Crowther, 21 - Case, 13 - Wheeler, 11 - Keynes (16 - Corvey 81'); 9 - Riordan (10 - Ciogach 64')
Goals: Case 15' pen, Szubanski 27' 68'
Porabasta 0 - 4 Brenecia
(4-1-4-1 / 4-4-2) 12 - Drummond; 18 - Weaver (2 - Broxham 66'), 5 - Heneghan, 22 - Varney, 19 - Prentice; 4 - Staunton; 15 - Garrard, 14 - Ruskin (10 - Ciogach 75'), 8 - Matheson, 16 - Corvey; 17 - Bremner
Goals: Corvey 10', Bremner 23', Garrard 36', Matheson 61'

Nicola Taunton was not having the best of days.
She found herself in this dingy little office the same way as most of the rest of the crew. Student discontent and poverty had turned into what the Prime Minister would consider radicalisation, but what she preferred to consider a shifting of her personal Overton window. Unlike the rest of her crew, she hadn't done much to cover her tracks online.
"Where the hell is he?" she muttered, between chewing nails.
Croydon shrugged. "He'll be here soon enough. You know Keating, he never lets us down."
"He's never late, either..."
"Ahh, quit your kvetching." Croydon slapped his junior partner on the back. "It's gonna be a glorious day, right? Just think of the finale."
"Yeah, I guess..." And it was a pretty good plan, she figured. In the aftermath of the World Cup heist, the aborted communist rebellion, and Clarisse Ward's blanket crackdown, some of Brenecia's criminal syndicates and far-left rebels figured they now had a common cause; 'anything but Ward'. Graffiti to that effect had been scrawled all throughout this building, one that looked clean and official from the outside. No crimes happening here, right?
Right now, common cause wasn't any of the bombings or anti-patriotic thefts they were being accused of in the press. They just wanted to... yeah, just take the current government down a notch. A bit of profitable mischief, just to remind people they were still there.
In the event, it didn't matter what the plan was.
"Keating's one of those BLA hard-cases, anyway," said Massey, with a shrug. "If he's not in a cell now, he knows how to get out of trouble."
A nail dropped from Taunton's teeth. "Shit, he's ex-BLA?"
"Well, he doesn't think he's ex-BLA... but, yeah."
"Shit." Silence reigned for a moment before Taunton blurted out what she figured was on everyone's mind. "You reckon he's killed before?"
"Uhh, indirectly, probably. Lib Army's more an army than the real army. 'Round here, anyway." Massey scratched her back. "Reckon he was involved in that bad business in Pikemouth-"
"Aw, don't sour me on him, Mass."
Massey grinned. "What, you been fantasising, Nicki? We're not part of the Concordat 'cause everyone else is lovely people. We're here 'cause we don't want Brenecia to turn into a fuckin'..."
"A reactionary fascist state," said Croydon.
"Sure, that. And you know that's where all this is going. All this national security garbage." Massey swung the smooth, evil little pistol idly around her finger. "'Tough on crime', you know what that means. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here."
Croydon opened his mouth to respond, then glanced out the window, seeing movement. "Hey, a car's pulling in."
"Keating?" Taunton sounded, perhaps, too eager.
"Gotta be. ... Wait. No. It's some guys in suits."
Massey snorted. "Suits, huh."
"Yeah, they're headed towards this building..."
"Relax. That's what the King's heavies are here for, right?"
Taunton licked her lips. "Y- yeah. They'll scare 'em off."
Her lack of confidence proved infectious. "Plenty of reasons why some guys would come here," said Massey.
"Yeah," said Croydon. "All the time you see... random guys with suits going in the wrong- oh, fuck, they did walk in."
"But we have the King's guys," Taunton pointed out, desperately.
"Yeah! We have the King-"
Gunshots rang out. None of them had bargained for gunshots, and all of a sudden, this was serious. Serious, escalating, and they were accomplices to it. Whatever it was.
They hadn't signed up to get caught!
"Oh, shit," they said, or variations. But the expected sirens never came.
The unexpected footsteps did.
Taunton, somehow paler than usual, looked between her companions. Suddenly they seemed like what they were, kids in their early 20s well over their heads, who'd taken one wrong path out of the Young Progressives and wound up here, in this room, at this moment. "It's just the guys from-"
A voice rang out. "Left side clear!"
A couple of gunshots, a strangled scream. "Right side clear! Move!"
"Oh, fuck. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck."
Massey stared, long and hard, at her pistol in her trembling hands. She forced herself to stare at the door, and the possibility she might have to use the damn gun. "They sound professional," she forced herself to say.
"Are they cops? They've gotta tell us if they're cops."
"That's not how cops fucking work, Nicki!" said Croydon, rather strangled. "And we're here, trapped with them!"
Massey took a long, thoughtful stare at Croydon's window. "Not... necessarily."
More gunshots; another couple of shouts. They were getting closer. "Stairs clear!"
Croydon stared back at Massey. "Oh, come the fuck on. It's three stories-"
"You want to take your chances with them?"
"Honestly? Yes! Yes, I do!"
"Then go and fucking talk your way out of this, like you always think you can-"
The footsteps got closer. Close enough to demand action.
Massey threw Croydon out of the way, rammed open the window, glanced down - saw a stairwell on the wall, around halfway down, one that might just break her fall, and might just break her legs. "Fuck it, I'll chance it," she muttered, rubbing her fingerprints off the gun and tossing it down first.
Croydon scrambled out of the room. "Hey, don't shoot- don't shoot! D-" And then there was a grunt, and a collapse, through the door. Massey didn't have to be prompted twice, and flung herself through the window... and landed, with a sickly crunch and a yelp.
Taunton followed. In theory. She tried to throw herself forward, through the narrow window, after the athletic, compact Massey. Massey had spent her formative young adult years in the military, as a way out of a bad neighbourhood. Taunton... had spent her formative young adult years in a university dorm, subsisting on cup noodles, soft drinks and the occasional bubble tea.
Which left her, legs desperately wiggling, stuck in the frame.
"What a pretty little ship of fools we have here," murmured a terribly soft voice from the doorway.
Taunton... well, the sound she made was, she supposed, a whimper.
"I suppose I have you to thank, Nicole. Leaving an internet footprint wide enough to be a cryptid's, and... so far from home, too! My actual informant could learn so much from you." The voice sighed. "Drag her out, lads. If you can."
Taunton squeaked as coarse, gloved hands closed around her calves and hauled her back through, the frame scraping painfully across her skin. They propped her up against the wall, and she tried to stumble to her feet, eyes focusing on... two armed men in black suits, and an angular blonde in navy.
"And, no," she said softly, with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "We don't have to tell you we're police."
Taunton fainted even before the pistol-butt came down on her head.

BRENECIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 2
Goalkeepers:
1 - Rostyn Calhoun (Wexax United, VAL), 12 - Lenore Drummond (Rozelle), 20 - Cass Farrell (Northern Union)
Defenders: 2 - Keziah Broxham (Mallox, COS), 3 - Gethin Quill (Revolutionaries, EUR), 5 - Cheney Heneghan (Ernesse Stahl, BYN), 6 - Niko Szubanski (1830 Cathair, AUD, c), 18 - Erica Weaver (North Hall), 19 - Morwen Prentice (Crystal Fair HC, CRY), 22 - Garwyn Varney (Soldarian FC, VAL)
Midfielders: 4 - Roisin Staunton (Kingsgrove), 7 - Brae Crowther (Chenoworth Harriers, NPH), 8 - Elysse Matheson (Hornchurch, EUR), 11 - Cathal Keynes (Lajuno, EUR), 13 - Corby Wheeler (Goldstaff City, COS), 14 - Claire Ruskin (Kingsgrove), 15 - Cu Roi Garrard (Rene Skae, FFD), 16 - Isidra Corvey (Kingsgrove), 21 - Falcon Case (Barbury Town, APX), 23 - Catsidhe Alweather (Eastal Lunar, VIL)
Forwards: 9 - Griffin Riordan (Klyde, COS), 10 - Kara Ciogach (Southern Star), 17 - Niall Bremner (Unioneers, EUR)

SCHEDULE
Alenburg 1 - 2 Brenecia
Brenecia 3
- 2 Xanneria
Porabasta 0 - 4 Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Banija
Eshan vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Grod Island
New Peru vs. Brenecia
Geisenfried vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Huelavia
Brenecia vs. Alenburg
Xanneria vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Porabasta
Banija vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Eshan
Grod Island vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. New Peru
Brenecia vs. Geisenfried
Huelavia vs. Brenecia
Puppet of Nephara.

Brusseldorf
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014

Postby Brusseldorf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:51 am

2199 St Football St, Casablanca Hills, 1002, MOR
Football Federation Brusseldorf Headquarters, Board of Directors Council
FFB CEO, FFB Chairwoman, Ms Luiza Maron

Dear Mr Foster,

I have attached a letter below that was directed to the FFB BoD. I think you will find that the contents of said letter greatly demonstrate the praise we all think you deserve, regarding your team's performance up to, and including, last night.

Thank you again for the wonderful work you do. Viva Los Alrededores!

Regards,
Ms Luiza Maron
FFB Chairwoman
FFB CEO

Dear Sir, Ma'am,
I am writing this in the hopes that it finds its way to the national team coach, Mr Foster.
I wanted to let him know that what he is doing matters. That he is making a real difference in the lives of the Brusseldorfen people.
My father, now 57, suffers from early-onset dementia. It is heartbreaking to see a grown man devolve into a shell. I'm not sure if you have experience with mental illnesses like these, but let me say it is not a trauma I would wish on anyone.
He has lost most of his memory, extending as far as forgetting the names of his wife and his children. He is well looked after in the local nursing home, and although he usually doesn't recognise us, we try to visit every week.
Before he developed dementia, he used to play football. He was quite good as far as my mother can tell me, I'm not sure if you would recognise the name, but it is Terry Matthews, and he used to play for Real Marrakesh back in the days when it was called the Moroc-Alger Soccer League.
He used to take us to the local Pub-league games, and then coached our little-league teams when we were old enough to join.
We asked the nursing home if we could take him home for a night to show him a world cup match. The wonderful staff at the Nursing home went above and beyond, suggesting that there were a few other former footballers amongst the ranks, and that they could hold a match day at the nursing home itself. We were of course invited as well, and went along to watch the match.
As usual, my father didn't recognise, my brother, my mother, or myself. The nursing home staff were very welcoming and brought us and the oldies snacks throughout the match.
There was some excitement from other patients when Andrea Zidane scored the second goal to put us ahead to 2-1 from 0-1 down, but very little response from my father. He wasn't particularly paying attention to the TV either, which was disheartening to see.
When Foster brought on young Boronia in the 88th minute, I remember some of the elderly ladies cooing over him! He's certainly got some fans!
As Boronia walked up to take that penalty in the 95th minute, my mum, my brother and I were absolutely fixated on the TV.
Boronia put us 3-1 up and from my left came the loudest yell of 'Viva Los Alrededores!' My dad was up and dancing about, smiling at us. He invited my mum, by name, to stand up and dance with him. She was absolutely taken aback by shock, but obliged. For a brief moment, he was truly himself again. I just wanted to let you know that you've made my year, and to to please thank all of the lads (and lass) for their hard and work and dedication. It is truly appreciated.

Last edited by Brusseldorf on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Morocco-Algeria ~ Democracy ~ Prime Minister Abelt Nejem ~ Spends on Defence, Information-Technology, Protecting the Environment, and Spirituality
The largest military in the region
Of course I use NS Stats, what do you think I’m doing here?!
Etymology: Brussels + Dusseldorf = Brusseldorf!

The Pacifican Islands said: all transit is green if there is no transit
taps head
The Grand Empire of Andor said: You can’t pollute the planet if there is no planet
Hits head with hammer

Quelsh said: "COOL FLAG BRUZELDERF"
Tattland said: "Did I just accidentally attack Quelsh"
The Garmillas Empire was an intergalactic Empire. A remnant group of the Garmillan people crashed on earth, where they were given refuge by Brusseldorf.

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:50 am

Princess Cassie in Nova Anglicana

This is Princess Cassie for Naked News Jeruselem. We're obviously not at home, we're in Nova Anglicana. The local team has won it's first two games while we've just won our first one 1-0 and we had a draw at home 3-3. Both against teams which we should actually beat. Nova Anglicana is not one of those teams we take lightly, they are one of our rivals. We're into match day 3, out of like 18 games in qualification,

Two teams we know nothing about Libera Populum and Antahbrantahstan, drew 2-2. Libera Populum was the home team who had lost two games in a row. Actually Antahbrantahstan had also lost two in a row as well, so guess what they got ... points. I guess it's a positive for the teams.

Gor Kebab were at home who we beat 1-0 in Gor Kebab, took on visitors Zwangzug. The result was a thrilling 3-3 draw like the one we had at home. For Gor Kebab, a good result. For Zwangzug, it wasn't a good result because they've won two a row until now. Well, they've dropped two points I guess.

Vakolicci Haven and Celeria who drew 3-3 with us at home, took on Main Nation Ministry at home. And yes ... another draw and it was a scoreless one as well. So three draws in Group 4, exciting stuff ... not really.

Joshenia, went to Barunia who we expected to them. But ... Barunia LOST TO Joshenia. Barunia now have 1 win and two losses. Not going well for the Barunia. Joshenia lost the last to games, and now have 3 points.

Now for Jeruselem taking on Nova Anglicana in Nova Anglicana. Given our crappy 1-0 win against a lower ranked team, then that 3-3 draw at home against another low ranked team. We should have here, but we won 2-1! The Princesses are back, we may not be the best team but on our day we can best the best. Nova Anglicana is not slouch, they are one of the best teams in Group 4 on paper.

Group 4 looks a bit weird. Main Nation Ministry, Zwangzug and Jeruselem are on 7 points. That's two wins and one draw each. They are the top 3. Nova Anglicana are 4th with Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 5th. Joshenia ahead of Barunia in 6th. Top seed Barunia are 7th. The top 2 seeds aren't in the top 2, at all. Jeruselem is 3rd seed, and we're are expect to be. It's a bit weird thinking what could happen given the top 2 currently aren't the suspects we expected. We're still in the fight, and we could have even topped the group if we had scored more goals in the first game.

Looking at goals scored, Main Nation Ministry have 9 and Nova Anglicana 8. We have a piddly 6. Goals conceded, the best teams are ZwangZug and ... us! Gor Kebab have conceded 9. It's a very even group with no one dominant or no one complete crap either. This will be a hard group to qualify from.

A good day out here for Jeruselem! Well after two underwhelming games. We're on our way to be competive but there's still like 15 games to go. Knowing us, it will come down the last game as always. Our next game is at home, see you at Dazza Dallas Stadium. Hopefully we actually win something at home this time.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2017

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:31 am

Iustitia Post
Maximusian National Team takes home their first Win in World Cup

Last night, the Maximusian National made their first win in the qualifiers. They faced off against the formidable team of Acapais and just narrowly came out on top. The game ended 5-4.

The scores came fast: Brookshire in the 12th, 60th, and 83rd, Colter in the 44th and 25th.

"It is interesting to see such high scoring games coming from the Maximusian National Team. They were a heavily defensive team in the 69th Baptism, now, we have become attack oriented." says Maximusian Strategic Head, Joe Malatesta. Indeed, during the Baptism of Fire, the team was averaging only 1 or 2 goals per game, now it is far more.

The Team is undoubtedly improving, they went from a loss, to a tie, to a win. They are just going to have to continue to up their game. If they can keep up the momentum indefinitely, they can make it all the way.
The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus
(Representative Democracy; Established 1837)
The Litudinem Herald|NationStates Resume|Libertas Omnium Maximus Wiki

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:33 am

Gerry (5)
Graci (6.5) -- Johnpaul (5) -- Kartio (5.5) -- Casimir (7)
Juanda (5.5) -- Mohd Safri (6.5) -- King [c] (6) -- Hasna (5)
Yish (7.5) -- Shai (5.5)

Subs used: Sutikno (6) for Mohd Safri (68')
Damaris (6) for Hasna (71')
Tobias (5) for Casimir (78')
Filindostan 3–4 Omerica
Filindostan National Stadium, San Marco, Filindostan
Scorers: Yish 24', 65', Casimir 74' :: Bianchi 17', Bolton 45+2', Bouchard 72', Gerry (og) 86'

Aside from changing her starting players, Twilight Striker made an uncharacteristic change in formation, using a standard 4-4-2 in lieu of her favoured 3-5-2, and putting the Yish-Shai partnership up front. It was the visitors though who opened the scoring through Elise Bianchi's amazing volley from just outside the box going to almost halfway the first half. Their lead lasted just seven minutes though, as the Anomalies forward scored her first goal of the qualifying campaign through a picture perfect lob from her ex-teammate, Mohd Safri. It was Anne-Sophie Groothuis's team though who has the leave when the two teams go through the tunnel at halftime, Red Bolton scoring a peculiar goal after snatching the ball from an unsuspecting Gerry, a very uncharacteristic error from the most experienced of the four Filindostani keepers in the playing pool.

It was a back and forth affair, with Yish scoring her second, an almost carbon copy of her first goal, just the source was from the one wearing the captain's armband today. Substitute Éduoard Bouchard who replaced Maria Nelissen scored another goal for Omerica to take the lead once again at 3-2, but Casimir scored a solo effort, evading the defenders and had a well-placed shot into the back of the Omerican net, to level the tie again at 3-3.

However, it was not to be for the Pula Garuda, as Bouchard was due to score his second goal, but his shot hit the bar, bounced off the back of Gerry, and unluckily rolled past the goal line to give Omerica the three points they needed after Starblaydia blanked them 3-0 on Matchday 2. Filindostan slipped down to eighth, eight points behind leaders Cassadaigua, having just won one of ten matches in all competitions, and have not won a competitive match since Matchday 17 of the previous qualifying campaign.

If Twilight Striker is not feeling any pressure after the match, then she should be feeling it now, as they travel to Concord Heights to face two-time World Champions, Cassadaigua.

Schedule - 1st half of WC82Q
MD1: at Starblaydia - Jhanna (Stadii Di Bradini) - Draw, 1-1
MD2: at Polkopia - Peeto (Marshupov Arena) - Loss, 3-5
MD3: vs Omerica - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium) - Loss, 3-4
MD4: at Cassadaigua - Concord Heights (Concord Heights Stadium)
MD5: vs Abristan - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium)
MD6: at North Quadana - to be announced
MD7: vs Tiiwark - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium)
MD8: at Britaen - to be announced
MD9: vs The Sherpa Empire - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium)
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:40 am

(OOC: No match report for me today; I'm simply out of time.)

"What's the diagnosis, Doc?" Klearchos Kazantzakis asked the team doctor. It was the day after Locomotive Imgortur's match against Wanda Island Wanderers, the game in which Jarrett Holmes had had a hard knock inflicted on him by the Wanderers' Caleb Wayne and forced his substitution. Holmes was practically hobbling on his left leg by the time that Kazantzakis had subbed him off, and now the manager of Locomotive was hoping that his late decision to take off a player who was clearly injured would not come back to bite him in the ass. "Is it good?"

"Well, that as always depends on your definition of good, boss," the doctor replied. "Mr. Holmes here has a dead leg. Yes, it's nothing serious, but he is still going to require between seven to fourteen days of rest of recuperation before he can get back on the pitch."

"Goddamn it, Jarrett," Kazantzakis muttered once the doctor had left. "Why did you have to keep yourself on the pitch for as long as you did? I mean, thank God it's just a dead leg, but what if it was actually worse? What then?"

"You know, boss, to be honest, I though I could just run it off," Holmes replied. "It's not like I haven't been banged up like what Caleb Wayne did to me, boss. You know, I think it's right what they say. No matter who you play for, when you play hard you play really hard. I don't get why people think Wayne is such a good defender; all he does is slide into tackles when he doesn't need to."

"And what does that make you, Jarrett? If we take that last sentence you just said and removed all the names in there, you could very easily be talking about yourself instead of someone else."

Holmes looked like he was about to retort to that but then he began to laugh. But as soon as he did that, he winced in pain. "Damn it, boss, don't make me laugh," he said. "My fucking leg hurts because of it."

"Then don't be so funny all the time, man," Kazantzakis replied. "But seriously now, Jarrett, what are we going to do now? You're really, really lucky that all you got was a dead leg and nothing worse. We don't have a lot of backup in midfield. Yes, I know we got Quint, but do you think he can do your job and everything else that he has to as a midfielder if, God forbid, you were sidelined for the rest of the season?" "Quint" was Quintrell Lidgley, the young Apoxian product of the Centre of Excellence which Locomotive had surprisingly managed to scoop up on a free transfer, proving that sometimes money wasn't everything in modern-day football.

"Come on, boss, give Quint some credit," Holmes replied. "Yeah, he's young, but weren't we all young before? And whenever he steps on the pitch he already looks at home on it. You can't say that about a lot of other youngsters. You wanna hear my opinion, boss? I believe in Quintrell Lidgley. He's gonna come good for us. He's already come good a little bit last year, but if you just give him the chance, he can really come into himself this year. And I'm not just saying that to build him up. I really, legitimately believe that."

Kazantzakis looked at Holmes in the eyes and saw that what the midfielder was saying was true; he truly did believe in the potential of young Quint. "Very well, Jarrett, I'll take that under advisement," he told Holmes. "Now go get yourself patched up so we can get you back on the field quickly."

"Yes, boss," Holmes replied, adding in a sloppy military salute for effect.

****————****————****

"Locomotive Imgortur to take on top of the table Eielo Sunlight at home," assistant manager Bobby Washington said, reading out loud the headline in the sports section of the newspaper as he and Klearchos Kazantzakis watched over the final practice and training session of the team before their next Premier League game. "Who would have thought that there would come a day that we would be reading that phrase? 'Top of the table Eielo Sunlight'?"

"Yeah, man," Kazantzakis nodded. "Sounds surreal if you think about it, but really, we're just two games in. Practically anybody could be on top of the table just two games in. I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you, Bobby."

"Yes, gaffer, I hear you," Washington nodded.

But no sooner had both Kazantzakis and Washington turned their attention to the training session than one of the "apprentices", the youngsters who were enrolled to Locomotive's footballing academy and training system, ran up to them and said, "Basileios can't make it, sir. Basileios can't make it."

"What? Why?" Washington asked.

"He says he has the flu," the apprentice replied.

"Fantastic," Kazantzakis said once the apprentice had left. "When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? First Jarrett, then Basileios. Can this day get any worse?"

"Don't push it, gaffer," Washington warned. "I'd say that we're already riding our luck as it is. We don't want it wearing thin."

"All right, fine," Kazantzakis said, shaking his head. "Someone get Navin and get him over here. Lucky him. He's going to get his first start."

****————****————****

Despite initial appearances, the Premier League match between Locomotive Imgortur and Eielo Sunlight felt more like the scrappy affair that was to be expected between two teams hoping to remain in the league for the indefinite future rather than the top of the table team coming to visit a resolute midtable side. Locomotive had gotten an early lead through Coke Handu, who had been played through on goal by Locomotive debutante Navin Badakar, signed from Antslinngs Islands by the previous manager before his resignation due to the "orgy video scandal". Both teams have had a handful of chances to score (an equalizer from Eielo's perspective and an insurance goal in the eyes of Locomotive) but with only ten minutes left to play, everyone was beginning to grow tired, and passes were not falling where they were intended to fall.

Antonis Harisis, who had been brought on as a substitute for Motewa Rabatsy, arguably had the freshest set of legs on the pitch aside from both teams' goalkeepers. Therefore if anyone had a chance to stop any sort of last-ditch attack from Eielo then it would be him. And with the clock at 85 minutes or so, he saw one such counterattack in the offing. The ball was lobbed all the way towards Harisis's direction, meaning that it was supposed to arrive at the head or feet of Filipp Dykhovichny, the Eielo striker. The thing though was that the sun was shining directly into Harisis's eyes, and he had to squint to even have a hope of tracking down the ball.

Then he felt Dykhovichny moving away, and Harisis knew that Dykhovichny had found his opening. Or, at least he thought he had found an opening. Harisis turned around and immediately chased after the Pridnestrovian striker, who was already racing for the six-yard box, where Artemios Zigdis was racing to meet him. Zigdis then realized that maybe racing out of his area was a bad idea so he took a step back, but too late. Dykhovichny had already aimed for the far post.

The good thing was that Harisis was just a step or two away from the ball, and he immediately swung a foot to steer the ball away from the gaping mouth of goal (which he probably didn't need to do anyway since the ball looked like it was going to roll wide). The bad thing was that Harisis had completely misjudged either his place of contact with the ball or the ball's original trajectory, so instead of the ball sailing harmlessly into the stands, it kept going straight for the far post. At that moment, for Harisis at least, time seemed to slow down to an absolute crawl. The ball seemed to take forever to fly towards the far post. And, at least from the angle that Harisis was looking at it, the ball was now right on target.

The ball slammed right into the inside of the post. And then, to Harisis's (and Imgortur's) relief and the dismay of Dykhovichny (and Eielo), the ball flew out of the goal mouth and straight into the arms of Artemios Zigdis, who immediately threw himself at the ball and laid himself over it like it was a live grenade about to explode. That was two points almost dropped by Locomotive. But they didn't drop it, and that in the grand scheme of things was the most important. Who knows, if that ball had gone in, whether Locomotive Imgortur's season would have gone the same way it did. Most probably not.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:57 am

Sister Polus's Thoughts

Hello, I am Sister Maria Polus. I am the Housemistress of Tomlinson House at the Barjavel Academy at Republica, the Instructor in Religious Studies, Deportment and Latin at the Academy and the Headmistress of the Barjavel Junior Academy, Republica Branch. I am joining you today on VirtueTube and SanctusTube to discuss current events in the Free Republics and around the multiverse. Today's biggest story is the massive protest against the so-called "Defense of Marriage" Amendment, a proposed constitutional amendment that does the opposite of what its name would suggest. This is an amendment that legalizes homosexual "marriage" and polygamy across the Free Republics! If you thought that the Free Republics was a mostly decent nation filled with people who, although many of them may not attend church on a regular basis, are nonetheless Christian at heart, the fact that this is even being considered by this nation's elected officials shows that you were wrong. This is something straight out of the city of Gomorrha, a city which the Lord rightly smote with fire from the sky for its extreme wickedness! Its bad enough that this nation tolerates the serious sin known as homosexuality but to go so far as to equate that sick perversion with holy matrimony is an utter abomination! Homosexuals routinely prey upon children in order to indoctrinate them into their sinful and self-destructive lifestyle choice. While I believe it is important to have compassion for homosexuals who truly desire to repent and become healthy normal adults, no society should tolerate, let alone endorse it as equivalent with the normal sexual urges that God granted to Man in order that we may be fruitful and multiply within the context of a monogamous marriage between 1 man and 1 woman until death do them part.

Fortunately, I am far from the only one in the Free Republics who is disturbed by the fact that the elected leaders of this nation, most of whom were only elected because the last election coincided with last year's World Cup, are now attempting to enshrine their favorite sexual perversions in the Constitution. As you may or may not know, the Assembly chamber has seating for members of the public who come to watch its business. Recently, we filled every single seat in the Assembly and made it clear to these politicians that we disapprove of their wicked plan to equate sexual perversion with holy matrimony. While I was there, I had a rather interesting conversation with a journalist at News Magazine, who promised me that she would attempt to convince her bosses to end their ridiculous media blackout and report on our activism so decent members of the public can be aware that they are not alone, that they are not the only one who is disturbed by the wickedness that is on the ascendency in the Free Republics.

Since it is clear that we have a movement that is growing by the day to stop the rising immorality in our land and bring back decency, I believe it is time that I announce that we are currently organizing a new political movement called the Movement for Decency that will run a common list for Assembly in the midterm elections. We believe that we can gain a significant number of seats in the Assembly which will allow Godly men to have a voice in the halls of government. We are also hopeful that, someday in the future, we will be able to elect another Consul like the great Reino Kulseth, a man who was disgracefully murdered by treacherous elements of his own military in an illegal and profoundly wicked coup. Mark my words, we will find somebody who will finish the work that Consul Kulseth started and transform the Free Republics into a fundamentally decent nation.

Since I'm speaking about elections, I want to take a moment to discuss the ongoing presidential election in South Covello. As you may know, South Covello used to be Gregoryisgodistan and is now a leftist nation because they apparently didn't learn anything from their history. As you may know, the word for "left" in Latin is "sinister" which is a pretty accurate description of what the political left-wing stands for. Leftists like Scarlett the Harlot and the current president of South Covello support things like murdering unborn babies, equating homosexuality with holy matrimony, treating men and women exactly the same and allowing pornography to be broadcast on television to audiences that include children! Ideas like these are truly sinister and those who advocate them should, quite honestly, be subject to criminal penalties as they are once again in Saintland thanks to King Paulus XVI. Fortunately, Carter Redwin has announced that he is running for president against incumbent David Haley and that he wants to Make the World Christian Again! That sounds pretty good to me. Therefore, I am officially endorsing Mr. Redwin for president of South Covello and I urge everybody in that nation to vote for him in their upcoming election so he can save your nation from the scourges of feminism and homosexual marriage. By making South Covello a Christian nation, Mr. Redwin will Make South Covello Great.

Finally, I wish to conclude today by letting every parent of kids who are looking for a new high school or middle school know that applications to Barjavel Academy at Republica and the Republica branch of Barjavel Junior Academy remain open for the next approximately 48 hours or so after this video will go live. If you want a high quality education for your child in a Christian environment where children are lovingly guided into becoming true disciples of Iesus Christus, please consider applying. All instructors at the Junior Academy are hand-picked by me for their teaching ability and their ability to guide children through the most challenging years of childhood. Many of our past students have grown up to become highly successful members of society with a deep commitment to living in accordance with their faith. I am Sister Maria Polus and I thank you for watching.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Tied up

Postby Balqia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 am

The stadium was crowded, even in the vip cabin the shouts and screams of the crowd could be heard. Mrs Annete was watching the game and eating some snacks when she heard.
-Can I sit next to the Madam please?-The voice was unmistakable after so many years hearing it. The bodyguard moved to the side and suddenly Mr Viktor Andrec was in her side.
-Hello, Anne, how are you?- As always he had a smile while speaking to her.
-Better now dear. So, finally you found some time for your family?
-Well, I am very good in matching work and entertainment.- He laughed.
-So, your boys are playing today, hope they are good.
-They are, I am the manager after all.
The whistle sounded and the players started to move in the field, from up there they were compared to little ants. One the yellow ones advanced with other one while the other team advanced through the field.
Viktor grunted in her side -Qalti is better, but Faj is too slow- He said, his eyebrows closed, for someone who don’t know him he would seem like a blind man trying to read, but she knew that he wa just thinking something.
-Oh dear, how can you distinguish one player from another? They all seem so tiny from here, I barely see their shirt.
-I’ve been doing this for years now. See, the forward in the middle of the rival field is Faj, he is advancing with the ball… well, he was advancing with the ball, the midfielder from the enemy team stole it and is advancing, he passed it to their forward. Holy sh!$ Kruma, why you did not stop him? I am seeing it, this match is lost, they will made a goal right...now...Ok, Stefano blocked it. Good boy, good. He is pretty good, that’s why he is the main Goalkeeper and not Erivan, Ozot will be trying to advance now. Oh man here they come again, what Kalta is doing there? He should be in the… Don’t mind, he stole the ball. And now they are…
-Want a hot dog?
-Wh...what? A hot dog? No, I am doing this diet you see? Holy crap Faj, run boy! Run!-
She watched the field as a yellow dot runned to the enemy area and throwed a little dot in the goal.
-GOAL. GOAL. For God, we did a goal. Go buy a hot dog woman, I will stay here.
She got up and walked to the kiosk.
-A hot dog and an orange juice please.- She had to yell it, everyone was screaming goal in the outside. When she returned to the bench her husband was watching the game, he was so focused in the game that talking to him would be useless.
-Oh no, here they come again. Primlid should have used the defensive tactic this time, the 4-4-2 would be better. Oh no, oh no. F*&$ they made a goal. No, no, no! This isn’t good, damn Primlid, damn Kalniq, I should have put Ozot as main goalkeeper.
He yelled and narrated the game until the interval, she just ate her hot dog and tried to see something from up there. When the break come she knew what was going to happen.
-I will go to the bathroom-
As she predicted. The same thing that happened in their house happened in the stadium. When he returned the game hadn’t resumed yet.
-Fu$&!*@ Primlid, I said that this wouldn’t work. We could have advanced in the fifteenth minute, but they didn’t. Why? Because he said to Charles “hey boy, don’t do anything stupid, maintain your position”.- he was muttering, like he always dies when he is angry.
-You should relax- She said in a calm voice -look, I spoke with Gaius, he is free in the next holiday, and Margy is always talking about a family trip to the North, if you took a break we could…
-The next holiday? Well, that’s after the classifications phase, so… I don’t know I will have double work to do.
-Well, you have right’s you know? You don’t take a break since your promotion in, well, when they created this office.
-I dunno, Kruma would have to double his work...- He looked to her face -I will think about it, okay-
-Well, I was thinking in going to a spa in…-
The whistle sounded too high and the game resumed.
-WHAT THE F@*$ MATIQ? WHY DIDN’T YOU ADVANCED? For God, how they can call themselves man after this? Do they fear the ball? Janus should’ve advanced from the right, oh no, here they come. That was close, too close. KALTA, ADVANCE! Why am I shouting?
-What’s happening dear?
-Oh, they… the other team is advancing, now we are advancing, good job Ptolq. Faj have the ball, he sent it to Qalti, they are encircling him, wow, you should had seen this, he made the ball pass above their number five’s head and passed it to Matiq, now we will mad a GOA… he missed. Incredible.
-I will go to the restroom if you don’t mind.
-Go on I am bus… Come on Kuld you can do better than this.
She could hear the noise from inside the bathroom, when the noise increased she knew that someone made a goal. And was sure when she returned and saw her husband standing in fury.
-ADVANCE! I can’t believe this, almost a hour of game and we are losing, if we don’t win this one… Oh they are advancing, GO! GO QALTI! He passed to Matiq, not again he will… GOAL! GOAL!. Matiq I love you. Finally a goal, another one and we win this. Finally, I was worried.
But the another goal never came, and the game ended with a tie.
-At least we played…
-Oh no, we didn’t, Qalti was playing like a seven year old, and Faj is slower than usual, if he is wasting time in social media again I swear to you I will kill him. And Primlid is crazy if he thinks…
After five minutes she had to say goodbye, in the way home she remembered herself.
-I didn’t convinced him to pay for the spa...
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 am

OUTER SPACE FOOTBALL
Professional League to start at Canvas soon, promise Queen Anhalla Palla
KOHDO-SHI, HINODEJIN TERRITORY OF THE PLANET OF CANVAS -
It's no news that the Hinodejin have a sphere of cooperation with a myriad of planets and forms of alien life outside of the Empire's planet inside its' own dimension, but things have been picking up lately for some of these planets. However, no other planet has been hitting the same amount of strides as the Planet of Canvas, the dark planet with luminous lines. Its' people, the green-skinned humanoids known as the Canvasians have taken to the Hinodejin culture like nobody else and so far have been the most cooperative of the bunch. So much so that major news emanated from Senso-Shukujo when Princess Anhalla Valia signed up to study at the local Ladies' High School, also playing for their team in the process.

Now, the Canvasians eye out the possibility of forming a professional league of their own, possibly a follow-up to Queen Anhalla Palla va Malla's announcement that the planet would be sending a state team to the Nations' Cup, the Hinodejin Empire's once per four-year tournament featuring sides from each state of the Empire, including colonies. The Queen admitted to having heavy ambitions regarding the sport, hoping that Canvasian contribution to the Empire's national team become a common thing, something that the heads of the Imperial Hinodejin Football Association have been very hopeful of happening in the future, though it does require its' client planets' football to improve as a whole, not only the Canvasians' quality on the sport.

Nepharim manager Eleanor Lingard played down the announcement, preferring to focus on her team's complacency on their latest match, a game that saw them draw against current minnows Alanikka. When even asked if the result would've been better if the national team had players from planets such as Canvas, where inhabitants are taller and usually faster than regular humans, she replied with "give me fucking anyone that can score more than a goal against Alanikka and I will not give a sodding toss where the hell they came from". She wasn't fined by the Imperial Hinodejin Football Association, mostly because even the IHFA thought that this game was one they should've at least won by a tight margin.

KANSHIRO LOPUNNIES
Munroe twins to join the 'Punnies
KANSHIRO, MINAKOKU -
Last time the Lopunnies took to the field, Sang Kyun-Ja was on the field against the Munroe twins as the Lopunnies faced (and eventually beat) Morrissey side Jeane Palace for the Traveller's Trophy. So it's not a massive surprise that, after having performed fantastically against the 'Punnies, the Munroe twins are now joining the Lopunnies on a combined transfer value of a million Hinodejin crowns. While Hinodejin teams have been looking into picking up the more talented players currently at the Futunian leagues after being "scorned by other teams" (on their own words) in recent transfer windows, the values have never reached a million crowns, even if this is the combined bounty they had to blow on the twins.

The Munroe twins were surprisingly non-aggressive regarding their new team and were even supportive of their former rival star that had to retire after the fatidical game the three played at. "Honestly, Sang Kyung-Ja is a lovely lass and we respect her for all of the years she played here, putting this team on the map," said Stephanie Munroe, "and while it's a bit odd that my sister and I are here to replace her and Hyon Seung-Hee while also talking about them, we just wanted to inform the fans that we're not going to call them awful players, because they really were great." Minka Munroe (the direct replacement of Kyung-Ja) then completed things with "Now we gotta go, we got a cravin' for Haagen-Dasz, 'init?"
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

New and Improved Peru
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New and Improved Peru » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 am

The New and Improved national football team's hot start ground to a halt in Banija, but people mostly took it in stride. There was a bit of groaning and cursing and facepalming, and a couple of unlucky people got spat on by frustrated llamas; but losing to a good team like Banija wasn't that shocking or upsetting, and there were still plenty of other games to look forward to. The human Peruvians were quick to tell off the poorly-behaved llamas if they saw them spitting on the Banijans. "How many times do we have to tell you it's rude to spit on people?"
Headlines from my nation: "New and Improved Parents Concerned About Youth Employment"

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:21 am

02. Amaraas

Amaraas heard the shrill cries of pain echo throughout the hollow interior of the church and made sure that the doors were shut behind him quickly so that his children would not be exposed to such noises. The cries were short of deafening to Amaraas, who only stood at the narthex to the building. He hesitated to move forward but he realized he had no other choice. Lord Borvin stood next to him, is face twisting as they approached row of coffins situated along the main hallway of the building. A man dressed in elegant gold and purple robes stood before one of the coffins with his hand outstretched and placed upon one of the bodies inside. His other hand carried a long golden pole with an ornate golden cross on the end. Though elders typically carry around such an accessory for self-glorification, Amaraas noticed that this man seemed to be heavily leaning on this pole as he muttered some words which were unintelligible to Amaraas. He had a magnificent beard which was on the verge of graying and his eyes seemed to blink a hundred times a second. His nose stuck out and curved back toward his face in a seemingly unnatural position and was dotted with ugly red blisters.

Amaraas and Lord Borvin reached the end of the row of coffins and patiently waited as the elder gave the departing soul his last rites. The screams of agony seemed to falter, but only slightly, and Amaraas scanned the coffins to identify the source of the sound and narrowed it down to one of two coffins near the elder. Amaraas craned his neck to get a closer look, but could not get a good enough view of the person laying inside.

“Nine.” Lord Bovin sighed, looking down at the ground.

“Nine?” Amaraas questioned.

“Politvoe lost nine souls today. Some of them have not yet departed from this world, but in the eyes of the commune, they might as well have already been buried.”

“What took them?” Amaraas winced at the new set of cries that flooded his ears and leaned to his side to better hear Lord Borvin.

“That’s the question, isn’t it?” Lord Borvin looked at him and gave a sad smile. “Nobody here really knows. I’ve arranged to have several of Peeto’s finest doctors come to inspect the source of this, but I can only hypothesize an outbreak of a terrible sickness that I myself have never before seen.”

“If this is affecting a commune that is overseen by you yourself, Lord Borvin, I fail to understand why you’ve summoned me.”

“Amaraas Vladimirovich…” Lord Borvin began, “The both us share grievances with one another which originate from years and years past, however I must implore you to assist me in finding to this scourge which has left my peasants scared and sickly. I do not foresee this ending any time soon, and by that time I fear most of my peasants will have met a painful end at the hands of a merciless God. I must emphasize the severity of this situation, as I would want nothing less than for this to creep along the veins of Polkopia and defile the otherwise pure lands of our country, I am a nationalist at heart, Lord Diga, and I hate to see my Polkopian brothers and sisters endure the same agonizing fate as these peasants.”

Amaraas opened his mouth to speak, but just as he did so, the piercing shrieking faded into a horrific series of coughing and gurgling and Amaraas saw one of the coffins start to violently seize. Moments later, the noise ceased, and the coffin sat perfectly still. The elder brought his hand back to his side before crossing himself twice, muttering a prayer to himself meanwhile. He then moved over to the coffin which had previously been shaking and proceeded to bless the body.

“Lord Diga,” Lord Borvin continued, “I must write to you later and fully describe all of the symptoms that are present in this foul plague, as there are too many for a man to remember by word of mouth. Forgive me for bringing you all the way out here without so much of a denotation of what you would be witnessing today, however I believe that that it was best that you fully behold this in such an environment that you fully understand the urgency of resolving this issue.”

“I understand.” Amaraas’s face was grim and stern as he watched the elder recite a series of prayers. A foul smell flooded his nostrils and it was all he could do to remain composed in this environment. “Might we return outside?”

“Of course.” Lord Borvin bowed in the direction of the alter and left the building with Amaraas following behind him.
Once outside Amaraas scanned the courtyard for his children and saw Pyotor standing in the middle, waiting for him. Amaraas turned toward Lord Borvin, “Have you any idea on how this disease is spread?”

“I’m afraid not.” Lord Borvin shook his head but stopped and narrowed his eyes. “There is one thing that is rather unusual about this disease, however. It appears as if though the victims contract the sickness at night. The daughter of our miller contracted the sickness not long ago and passed shortly after, but I’m told that she appeared as fine as ever the day before. She fell asleep that night and woke up with such awful welts and blisters covering her young face. It sent the commune into such a panic that we ceased all production for three days!”

Amaraas shook his head. Apart from serving as governor for Nova Lingova, the Diga family owned two peasant communes along the outskirts of Altimou – one of eleven Polkopian states. Politvoe sat west of Altimou, in the state of Metimou, however only twenty miles separated Politvoe from the state border. If there existed a sort of pandemic within Politvoe, it directly threatened the livelihood of not only his peasant communes, but his family as well. Amaraas looked at Pyotor and grimaced. He couldn’t bear having his son endure the same pain as those from inside the church. Amaraas looked around. Where was his daughter?

“Pyotor?” Amaraas called out to his son, “Where’s your sister?”

Pyotor pointed in the direction that Fiora wandered and cursed to himself. “I’ll be damned if I let her out of my sight again!” Amaraas muttered before heading in the same direction. He beckoned Pyotor over to him and firmly grasped the back of his son’s neck as they walked. “I instructed you both to not lose sight of this courtyard and it is your duty as the eldest to adhere to my command and ensure your sister does the same.”

The two were followed by members of their family guard as they walked along the wide dirt paths of Politvoe. Amaraas noticed villagers staring at them from inside the comfort of their own homes and turning away once he made eye contact with them.

“Fiora!” Amaraas shouted.

“Fiora!” Pyotor shouted.

They avoided piles of litter and puddles of human waste in their path and continued on and on until they came to the last house before a dead end. While most buildings in Politvoe seemed on the verge of collapsing, this particular shack was made of an entirely different wood, gray wood, which was lined with deep green-colored ivy whose tendrils took ahold of the structure like an eagle’s talons grasping to its prey. Outside the building, buckets were scattered in a chaotic fashion with various herbs and flowers growing in each one.

“I think she’s in here.” Pyotor said.

Amaraas stormed to the front of the building and banged on the front door. “Fiora!” Amaraas screamed.

“Father!” A faint voice was heard inside the shack and the front door opened. Fiora stepped outside the building holding a massive bouquet of purple flowers. Behind Fiora, an old man appeared in the doorway, his eyes deprived of any color suggesting that the man suffered from blindness.

“Father! This is Dosh. He’s the village apothecary.” Fiora looked at her father’s angry eyes before looking to the ground in shame. “I’m sorry I left, I shouldn’t have disobeyed you.”

Amaraas chuckled. “You mean to tell me, Fiora, that you disregarded my command so you could study weeds with a hermit?” Amaraas looked at the man. “And you, peasant, don’t let me ever catch you with any of my children again!”

“He’s not a hermit!” Fiora protested.

The back of Amaraas’s hand struck Fiora’s cheek with such ferocity that Fiora was sent to the ground, the bouquet of flowers scattering along the ground beneath her.

“Get up Fiora, we’re leaving.” Amaraas turned around and faced one of his guards. He motioned to the peasant in the doorway and proceeded to walk, still holding onto Pyotor’s neck. Amaraas heard Fiora cry out as she watched the guard storm into the peasant’s house and bash his face in with the butt of his rifle.

“Let’s go, Fiora!” Amaraas commanded and he soon heard his daughter sniffling behind him. As they rounded the corner to the courtyard, Amaraas looked at the peasant’s house with disgust, but noticed the man hadn’t gotten up after suffering the blow to his head. He looked at the guard who carried out the deed, who simply nodded, and the family headed to the courtyard and out of Politvoe.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:05 pm

All Greens play out dull nil-nil draw in northern excursion

Taeshan 0-0 Darmen
TAE: Jingleheimer-Smitt - Turniquette (Green 79'), Fasnacht, Trueblood, Coshan - Abl Bakr (Talbot 73') - Jewsbury (Morgenstern 68'), Klingenberg - Figueroa - Torres, Denisov
DAR: Campo - Virgo (Wilkie 80'), Abbey, Maddox - Goldschmidt - Ó Cuilinn, Winton, Butler (McNeil 73'), Stafford - Lucanus (Firmin 64'), Blackwood

GOALS
T-D
0-0
While the Darmenis can take some solace in the fact that they earned their first clean sheet of the qualifying campaign, the lack of goals scored in the matchup between the All Greens and Purple Knights must foremost be attributed to the atrocious offensive performances of each team. The two teams combined for a paltry three shots on goal, in fact, only a total of five shots were taken at all during the match.

The match was an endless tussle between the two midfield contingents, each attempting to keep possession of the ball as much as possible and trying to win the ball back at all costs when not in possession. There were very few occurrences in the match where the ball exited the middle third of the pitch, and both team's defenders were largely quiet throughout the match, except for the occasional tackle. Jean Virgo was the unluckiest player of all; he never once possessed the ball and his only defensive contribution was an unsuccessful challenge in the air. Mercifully, Virgo was substituted off in the 80th minute.

The closest either team came to scoring was a 33rd minute shot by Abriel Torres that careened off woodwork and smashed an unlucky Taeshani supporter in the front row of the stands behind goal. In any case, its possible that Hyman Campo's diving save attempt would have been enough to keep the ball out of goal.

With the Darmenis claiming a point on the road against a tough opponent in Taeshan, they return home with some of the confidence lost in the defeat to Skarten now restored. They will face off against a weak Geektopia side which has been recently "bolstered" by the unretirement of 41 year old Tethra Tope.

This publication would like to apologize for an error in its last edition, as it incorrectly stated Darmen's next opponent would be Free Republics. That match won't be for some time. The editor responsible has been reprimanded and slapped repeatedly with a smelly fish.

Lineup vs. Geektopia
Campo - Virgo, Abbey, Lyne - Goldschmidt - Ó Cuilinn, Cardoso, Butler, Stafford - Hurst, Blackwood
(SUBS Abram, Maddox, Ramírez, Armbruster, Svendsen, Lucanus, Borde)
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:09 pm

#WCQ82: The Story So Far
Lyndainium On Thin Ice Following Patchy Start To Quals
@ Zoloroni Sports City Stadium - Zoloroni, Mercedini

Elidyr Lyndainium following Mercedini's 3-1 loss to the Equestrian States on MD3

We're only three matches into the qualification campaign for the 82nd World Cup Finals, and stories have already began to be written, as World Cup strugglers get off to a slow start while debutants and returners all perform better than expected to lift the hopes of their fans. It may be to early to give a valued judgement of the prospects of teams thus far in the race for the twenty-eight remaining places at the World Cup, hosted by the four nation squad of Apox, Cosumar, Valanora, and Mriin. Mercedini are three games into their own race for qualification in Group 15, and certainly haven't had the start of previous campaigns that they had hope to recreate. Following a convincing 5-1 win over Lisander, the Golden Eagles were then stunned in their own back yard by Kandorith with a nine-goal haul eventually going the way of the visitors, with fans hoping that early blip doesn't snowball into something more serious. Then, Mercedini's first away match was away to the top seeds Equestrian States of all nations, and it went as well as you would probably expect to go. The Golden Eagles arrived with high spirits with another chance for Mercedini to take home points against a top-fifteen team, they couldn't do it with their seventy matches against Vilita during the last cycle, and this was the first chance this cycle that Mercedini would have to hang with the big guns.

Mercedini's first choice side was back out for the blockbuster match in the Equestrian States, with Hosset in goal and Chillotov & Dostalok at the other end of the field to try and get the ball in the opposition net in front of tens of thousands of ponies and humans alike. It was a tentative start to the match with both teams knowing the gravity of the match, with either Mercedini leapfrogging the States in the group table, or EQS extending their lead at the top to leave the Golden Eagles languishing in mid-table as the start of this long campaign. Lyndainium looked on pensively as he saw his team hold their own away from home, with the travelling fans impressed by their team as they battled hard for supremacy.

Alas, it wasn't meant be for the Golden Eagles as a Chillotov goal at the beginning of the second half wasn't enough to earn anything from the match, as the Equestrian States asserted their dominance on the match record a convincing 3-1 victory over their nearest rivals in terms of rank. The score line may have seemed harsh on the Mercedinians at the time, with the team giving a good account of themselves as they move forward to plug the gap between themselves and the top two. From three games, Mercedini sit in a rather diabolical seventh place on three points with one win and two losses, but still hold onto their positive goal difference thanks to the margin of victory gathered in the third match. Mercedini will host their third match in four games tomorrow when they welcome the long-awaited appearance of Krytenia to the Sports City Stadium in Zoloroni. Both teams are in the same ball park and hope to rise up that table to ignite their campaign which, for both of them, has failed to take of just yet.

Group 15                       Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Equestrian States 3 3 0 0 9 1 +8 9 Next: Kandorith (A)
2 Garifunya 3 2 0 1 11 9 +2 6 Next: Pratapgadh (A)
7 Mercedini 3 1 0 2 10 9 +1 3 Next: Krytenia (H)
8 Krytenia 3 0 3 0 5 5 0 3 Next: Mercedini (A)

That's all from us in the Equestrian States as Mercedini head back to the relative safety of the Zoloroni Sports City Stadium for their match against Krytenia which could make of break the cycle for Lyndainium and his staff as he is and his players are now coming under increasing pressure from the fans to come away with results to send them to their third World Cup and their second in succession. David Bjarnasson became the first casualty of a retched cycle following World Cup Qualification; Lyndainium has already fulfilled the first part of that criteria with his successful but less than spectacular appearance at the World Cup last cycle round, let's hope lightning doesn't strike twice during their current campaign for an all-important place at the 82nd World Cup Finals.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:21 pm

THE METROPOLIS HERALD
Metropolis, Wednesday, March 13th, 2019

HOME | IN THE CAPITAL | DOMESTIC | 2019 ELECTIONS | RUSHMORE | INTERNATIONAL | ECONOMICS | SPORT | TODAY'S LIFE

Two Strikes Enough for La Nacional in Savojarna

SJOEDRHAVN, SAVOJARNA (VAP) — A couple of goals in the start of each half of the match and an improved defensive performance were just enough to give Valladares a precious 2-1 win at the home of current Rushmori champions Savojarna in what is shaping up to be a tight Group 13 in World Cup 82 qualification, with strikers Andy Navarro and Adam Pinto taking up the role of heroes on the night for Paulo Oliveira's side.

With Valladares having dropped their first points of the qualifying campaign in the previous match against Competitive Solitaire in Swangard, and entering a crucial couple of games afterwards with the match against the Savojar women being followed next by a meeting with Abanhfleft in the Metropolis suburbs, La Nacional knew that it was vital to regain the lost points at home with a win in Savojarna. And they made it clear from the start of the game, with the usual starting onslaught already paying off after only four minutes with Navarro breaking the deadlock for the Valladars. After the early goal, and unlike the previous two matches, Valladares surprised everyone by adopting a more conservative and defensive approach, knowing that the host side would want to fight speed against speed. Instead, Paulo Oliveira ordered his squad to sit back and wait, while also keeping out an eye for any possible crosses into the box. On the other hand, the Savojars seemed to have felt the hit by Navarro's goal and while having the highest share of ball possession, their players struggled to pass through the 5-man defensive wall prepared by La Nacional. That, however, did not stop the visitors from setting up a couple of counters before halftime, which unfortunately went wasted.

The second half started just like the first one ended, with Savojarna pushing for the equalizer with their wingers and striker Freya Sigurdsdottir waiting for a cross from her teammates for her to head into Paulo Gaviria's goal, while Valladares resorted to their strategy of defense and control and waiting for the perfect moment to hit. And that moment would not last too long to come, with defender Martín Delgado intercepting a cross by Malin Haakonson and starting a counterattack which Adam Pinto finished with a well-directed shot for the 2-0 after only 2 minutes in the second half. With the Valladars having extended their lead to two goals, the Savojars went out for a goal to bring them back into the game, but the Valladar defense managed to hold the group's second seed back for another 20 minutes until left winger Malin Haakonson was finally able to assist Sigurdsdottir, who only had to head the ball into the back of the net to cut the gap in the scoreboard back to one. As expected, this goal brought Savojarna a much-needed second wind, however, the Valladars managed to keep their rivals at bay and avoided falling for the same trick twice, with Delgado keeping up the good job on anticipating Sigurdsdottir every single time until the end of the match. AS Bezieres striker Christian Núñez, who entered the match by replacing Wilfried Baume in the 68th minute and played his first match of this WC qualifying campaign had a great chance to restore the 2-goal gap, but his shot in the 82nd minute hit the crossbar, in what would be Valladares' last approach to the goal defended by Viktorija Petrova. The remaining efforts by the Savojars to score the equalizer were not enough to prevent Valladares from regaining the lost ground in the previous match with a well-executed plan to win the first six-pointer of the campaign.

This important win against the until-then group leaders, allowed Valladares to leapfrog Savojarna for top spot with 7 points, with Competitive Solitaire closely behind with the same amount of points but losing out on goal difference. The Rushmori champions, meanwhile, are now in the middle of a 4-way tie with 6 points, along with Vilita, Abanhfleft, and Ashaie. The next match for Paulo Oliveira's men will be just as important as this one, with Abanhfleft visiting Swangard in another must-win match for La Nacional against a direct rival for qualification. A victory against the Fleftics would allow Valladares to move 4 points clear of their next rivals, while also consolidating themselves on top of Group 13.

WORLD CUP 82 QUALIFIERS
MATCH SUMMARY

Savojarna 1-2 Valladares
(Sigurdsdottir 67'; Navarro 4', Pinto 47')

Savojarna: Petrova (6) - Reskilainen (6 - Martinova 74'), Ernberg (7), Kjaer (7), Midström (6) - Raukanen (6), Maersk (5 - Vilén 46'), Otalainen (6) - Jarkasjärvi (6 - Lund 82'), Sigurdsdottir (7), Haakonson (6). Manager: Lise Asbeck
Valladares: Gaviria (7) - Marrugo (6), Delgado (8), Rueda (6) - Carrillo (6 - Rojas 82'), O'Brien (7), Mickel (6 - Lachlant 54'), Barrios (7) - Baume (6 - Núñez 68'), Navarro (7), Pinto (7). Manager: Paulo Oliveira

Man of the Match: Martín Delgado (8)

Read this article in:

Español | Français | Português

Popular stories now:

2019 ELECTIONS - Border crossings closed ahead of Thursday's General Elections
2019 ELECTIONS - Heated exchange between Labour and Green candidates causes uproar in social networks
IN THE CAPITAL - District of Metropolis in environmental emergency for smoke plumes from neighbouring Yumbo
DOMESTIC - Royal Navy Endemien Fleet's scheduled yearly military exercises in Junín pushed back for one month
SPORT - Official sellout confirmed for Valladares' next WC qualifiers match vs. Abanhfleft
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Air Conditioning - Episode I

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:24 pm

OOC: Work commitments are eating up my time again, oh joy! Don't expect much more roleplay on the Gladom Newion side (with apologies to the elf, the platypus, the dragon and the goat), although you can at least expect something(s).
~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Forays of Folly is taking a cycle-long break. In the meanwhile, please enjoy this tale of conspiracy, conspiracy theory, conspiring conspirators, and flat-out dodgy blokes who seek to manipulate the Tinhamptonian population and Football Association towards the end of 2018-ish...

Previous instalments of Air Conditioning: Prologue I, Prologue II
AIR CONDITIONING - episode I, Tinhampton, November 2018

The price that the Tinhamptonian Football Association had to pay in order to become the TFA was not so much a deficit as a budget shortage, its headquarters not so much an idyll of glass and plastic as it was a ramshackle and somehow-legal construct of dubious proportions; the light - whether of man or of Maggie - continuously striking the outer walls of the building and being reflected off nothing. Those among you who passed your Municipal Certificate in Physics should know fully well by this point in time that brick and concrete are both opaque surfaces.
Climb through some corridors and up the grand total of zero sets of stairs and you find yourself in a sort of official office. There is a funny noise coming from somewhere, although this does not appear to perturb the far-reaching hands of the bureaucrats ("interns" is a euphenism the government uses to refer to their social media people) that stem from there and head ever on upwards and outwards. Today, however, they are all safely entrapped within the hexed honeycomb of Room 6: one of them is poring over some files to determine whether or not to register for some first-edition competition that nobody cares about and will likely be abandoned, another one is just sat there with his head in his hands on the leg of his chair, yet another one is pulling a fake sickie - we have been told.
Need we forget the queen bee? There is no need to. By this point, what began a few minutes ago as some mild thwacking has devolved into the kind of stomping not seen since the Herald declared that "GOD IS A TINHAMPTONIAN." Even for the "Sod immaculate, we're going with whatever looks vaguely good" attitude to presentation that the TFA pretended to uphold, this was not enough...
"OK, who's pretending to be the noises in our electric supply this time around?" There was nothing for a few minutes before an even shoddier and slightly older man that flatly refused to belie any suspicion of a life well spent took to the stage, striding around for a while and then almost crash-landing on the Grand Desk.
"This looks just as familiar as the few years back - the million-dollar question is that I know you're Naomi Talbot the FA headmistress, you know who I am, I ruddy well 'ope?"
"Oh, oh, dear gosh... you're the last person I expected to see using that word! I'd suppose you aren't somebody I know - if I had to name somebody, probably Geor---"
"Not quite, young ma'am, I never traffic with capitalist magnets or whatever them are. Me's Benny Helland, that isn't what the government calls me but you'll've to settle for that!"
"I'm only 50 years old! To be fair, he can't tell apart four syllables from five either, but you two are just so different as to suggest that I'm bad at prediction."
"Well, you did tell us Tinhampton would make it last World Cup... and last before that... and the 79th, and the 78th. We never have, for at least one good reason!" As is the form for your average Tinhamptonian, he latched onto her, to almost no immediate avail.
"If you're here, then, you should have at least some semblance of breaking news I should be made aware of. What is it, for instance? Most of your ilk get in, get out, get the job done and remain fairly anonymous..."
"You know what it is, too. Now here's the biggie, good news or bad? No choice for you, I've 30 minutes a walk or so, who knows? That'll be the bad news then, not now, someone of us is going to be tugged there now, now that's a question..."

TO BE CONTINUED
IC - Know Your Characters: Naomi Talbot, Chairwoman of the TFA - "Benny Helland," pseudonymous socialist
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Oberour Ar Moro
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Margin of Error, Part Four

Postby Oberour Ar Moro » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:28 pm

On the day Oberour Ar Moro hosted Lochario for the third game of their qualifying attempt, the Misei City National Stadium was unveiled in Kita-Honode.

Brianne: Misei City National Stadium was unveiled the same day.

The state-of-the-art "Cauldron at the Gateway" on the west side of the pollution-choked Misei City was built in two weeks by cyborgs and would seat 80,000.

Brianne: All of this was mentioned in an article in “The Sunrise Club’s Digest”.

The CEO of the Chaolan Zaibatsu told the assembled Hinodejin press that this new stadium would breathe life in the west of Misei City.

Brianne: The article did quote that the stadium would breathe life into that part of the city, but the article doesn’t say the CEO said it, it’s just quoted. Do you know it was the CEO? Do you want to change it?
Sieg: I don’t know if the CEO said it, but I it gives this section of the article a nice parallel.

Meanwhile, on the west side of Regium, I was receiving a tour of the Parade Grounds from Ministry of Culture officer Rolet le Loutterel.

Brianne: It will be tough to verify a lot of this section, since Sieg didn’t provide particularly complete notes, and le Loutterel is currently in prison for being part of a gambling ring.
Sieg: It sounds like you’ll have to trust me then.
Brianne: I actually wrote to him at Bonnot Prison to get his comments.
Sieg: You wrote to a prisoner to fact-check an essay? Is this a paid internship?

"The Parade Grounds are the perfect place to host games of such magnitude", he said, his voice echoing against the concrete as we walked.

Brianne: Can you verify this?
Sieg: Can I verify what?
Brianne: That le Loutterel said this? It’s not in your notes
Sieg: He said that the Parade Grounds were ideal for large matches.
Brianne: But did he say that quote with his voice echoing and all?
Sieg: Voices echo in a tunnel made of concrete.
Brianne: That’s not what I meant
Sieg: I wrote what he meant when he said that line and described it for what the piece means. That’s the point of this essay.

The hallway was cool, almost chilly, despite the late July heat outside. "It's always a little cold in the Parade Grounds. Something about the way the stadium was built."

Brianne: No mention of the quote, but I a representative of the Ministry of Culture, and they could verify that the stadium runs cool.

As he walked me through the stadium's bowels and viscera, I could see glimpses to field as grounds managers walked push-mowers in hypnotic lines to stripe the fields.

Brianne: The Ministry representative said that the Parade Grounds have used “small area riding reel mowers” for field striping for a decade, so it doesn’t sound like grounds managers were pushing mowers when you were there.
Sieg: Walking push-mowers gives a better mental image.

Staff in kitchens were starting to prepare food and ready to sell drinks to the crowds that would soon come. All around was an energy that could almost be felt like static and almost heard like the hum of power lines.

Brianne: Going back, why did you describe the stadium hallways and the like as “bowels and viscera”.
Sieg: Because that’s what they are.

"This is the beating heart of Oberour football. Patrons are one of the most important sides in the Football System, and the Grounds are an exciting place to be for their games, but national team games are really what the Parade Grounds are known for." le Loutterel claimed.

Brianne: The notes have “beating heart” and “exciting place” written, but not this particular quote.
Sieg: Again, this is the summation of his thoughts.

The Parade Grounds is owned by the Ministry of Culture, which also owns the Football System team Patrons. I asked if that had anything to do with the denial of calls to play Oberour Ar Moro games at other stadiums across the dominion.

Brianne: The Parade Grounds and Patrons are owned and operated by the Ministry of Culture, yes. There have been discussions in sports blogs about playing national team games elsewhere, but there’s no record of the Ministry denying it.
Sieg: Well, I asked, so here you go.

"What could be a better, more unique place, to play national team games? The stadium's ownership has nothing to do with. This is the ideal place to play for the national team."

Brianne: No record of this quote.
Sieg: You’re just going to have to get used to this style of writing.
Brianne: But your claiming things someone didn’t say.
Sieg: I am writing the truth of what they say, which is more important than the actual words they use.
Brianne: Even if it’s not true.
Sieg: What’s true sometimes really isn’t.

Coming into Oberour Ar Moro's fourth World Cup qualification attempt, the Parade Grounds had seen 30 matches, where they had won nine matches, drew seven, and lost fourteen.

Brianne: Those numbers are correct.

As it stood, the Parade Grounds are the seventh largest stadium in Oberour Ar Moro, and the second-largest stadium in Regium, behind the 60,000-seat Regium Stadium.

Brianne: Despite the length of time between this essay’s writing and today, this remains true.

The most modern stadiums in Oberour Ar Moro, like Regium Stadium, or Celeritas Arena in Tylis, and Esperance Park in Naucratis, were designed for modern frills: art and stadium wi-fi and large video screens.

Brianne: Regium Stadium doesn’t have any specific art pieces like the statue of the cheetah inside Celeritas Arena. Esperance Park and Regium Stadium have wi-fi, but no large video screens. That should be clarified.
Sieg: That would ruin the flow of the sentence.
Brianne: Then why not use different examples?
Sieg: That would ruin the example of Regium Stadium’s larger size in comparison to the Parade Grounds.
Brianne: That’s only an example because you chose to make it an example.
Sieg: Yes. All writing is making choices about what to show and hide, illuminate and diminish, clarify and obfuscate. You can’t show everything or highlight everything. But you can show what you need to show to make your point. Of
course, only the greatest writers can do this consistently and correctly.
Brianne: Including you of course.
Sieg: Naturally.

Oberour Ar Moro 1-1 Lochario
@ Parade Grounds, Regium

Goals:
32': Kerrian Odierne, Oberour Ar Moro
52': Sigun Magat, Lochario

Oberour Starting XI:
GK Laurens Desainctvictori
LB Gilduin Sireu
RB Lunen Margas
SW Josselyn Pessiere, Captain
SW Marzhin Petit
LM Morvan Saurine
RM Brevalan Gaspard
CM Jerian Pellier
LW Eneour Pique-Pain
RW Ruran l'Ermite
ST Kerrian Odierne

Oberour Susbstitues:
58' Out: Ruran l'Ermite; In: Annaeg le Mestre
77' Out: Marzhin Petit; In: Drev Brébeuf
84' Out: Jerian Pellier; In: Pierres Branon

Eighty-Second World Cup Qualification Schedule
WIN DRAW LOSS

MD1: Overour Ar Moro 2-2 Eura
MD2: Drawkland 5-4 Oberour Ar Moro
MD3: Oberour Ar Moro 1-1 Lochario
MD4: Rakivland (0-1-2) v. Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1)
MD5: Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1) v. TigerSharkistan (2-0-1)
MD6: Audioslavia (3-0-0) v. Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1)
MD7: Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1) v. San Rocca (0-1-2)
MD8: Darkmania (1-1-1) v. Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1)
MD9: Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1) v. Kevagaria (0-1-2)
MD10: Eura (1-2-0) v. Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1)
MD11: Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1) v. Drawkland (1-1-1)
MD12: Lochario (2-1-0) v. Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1)
MD13: Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1) v. Rakivland (0-1-2)
MD14: TigerSharkistan (2-0-1) v. Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1)
MD15: Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1) v. Audioslavia (3-0-0)
MD16: San Rocca (0-1-2) v. Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1)
MD17: Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1) v. Darkmania (1-1-1)
MD18: Kevagaria (0-1-2) v. Oberour Ar Moro (0-2-1)
Last edited by Oberour Ar Moro on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_The Dominion of_Oberour Ar Moro_

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Vanquishers face early filter for Group 11 title after three (mostly) positive Matchdays

by Akul Van Exel
World Cup Beat Reporter

Q U S M O -- Filter is a noun that can be defined as a "porous layer that removes impurities or extraneous content from material passed through it." In brewing, filters strain sediment out of your desired beverage. In astrobiology, filters are events that commonly cause species or civilizations to die off. And - everybody's favorite - there are photo filters on Twii.tur that remove certain color pixels so we can convince ourselves that our lives are brighter than they really are.

Having been around the Cosumar national team all month, it's apparent from the different mood at this morning's training that they see tonight's match at Mastad Qusma as a Filter too. Although it's still early, it is a filter that the Vanquishers likely must pass through in order to remain in the proverbial coffee: contention for the Group 11 crown. An ascending force, Qusmo (3-0-0) already sits two points ahead of rank-favored Cosumar (2-1-0) after three matches. A win over us would send them five points clear at the top, with Cosumar left behind the filter like a once-great civilization on the brink of nuclear civil war. Or unwanted coffee grounds - and that's just a really sad thing to be.

So, you ask, how should Cosumarites be feeling as our beloved team approaches this first big hurdle of Qualifying?

The answer is Good! Kind of. The overall performance through three matches has been positive, but there have also been points of concern. In other words, use the standard Vivid filter on your post for today, but not the Extra Vivid Warm.

Alexander Pearce's vital fifth cycle couldn't have gotten off to a better start on Matchday 1. The Vanquishers hosted unknowns Vartugia at Fire River Arena - as is tradition to kick off Qualifying - and cruised to a 6-0 win, the second-largest in program history. Vega Zeale-Riddick led the way with a brace, but the substitutes were arguably the bigger story. Zoë Aedelbrandt bypassed Vartugian right back "Bait" to assist on three goals after coming on in the 70th minute, and then Pearce handed Cosumar debuts to midfielders Maia Abylon and Harald Fireblade. It also marked a return to the lineup for veteran defenders Bacary Na'Kale and Peter Svensson, who'd been sitting out from the national team since World Cup 81. Both the new and the old players were up to the task, controlling the match from start to finish, holding 82% possession and out-shooting Vartugia 16-3. This all despite the bizarre presence of a large goat walking the Vartugian touchline as if to distract them. It wasn't the most polished performance, especially in terms of finishing (despite the six goals), but it was a strong first step.

With another clean sheet, the away trip to Velestria on Matchday 2 did more to heal wounds from the World Cup 81 defensive meltdown, but lack of sharpness in the final third was again an issue. Against an opponent that was visibly playing the same sport as them this time, it ended up costing the Vanquishers two points. A 0-0 draw was the outcome, although Kai-Kai Mokumdarian and Ville Pakkanen both hit the crossbar in the final ten minutes. Noticing his team struggling to play their usual intricate stuff, Pearce even switched to a more direct look with Airik Ruhl as a lone target striker and Bryger Tidesson and Olvir Texström pumping in crosses, but that didn't provide the key to unlocking Christopher Tajo Mendez's defensive tactics either. At least the Vanquishers looked tactically-disciplined and defensively-sound, which has been the primary point of emphasis for over a year now. The lost points so early on sting, but road draws are never a complete disaster considering how unpredictable Qualifying away trips can be.

Back in Ramusok for Matchday 3 against Mattijana, Pearce significantly rotated for the first time this cycle in a bid to kick-start the attack. Most notably, he handed a first start in World Cup competition to former Crawford City FC lass Arden Lemons. Now a star in the Vanorian Premiership, Lemons immediately made Pearce look like a genius. In the space of just 15 game minutes, she buried not just her first international goal... but her second... and her third. Whether it due to her and fellow insertion Charles Dyer Vry or simply the fact that this was the third match, top stars Romikk Valgard and Isla Sibučić looked more lively and full of creative ideas than they did against Velestria. Their interplay in the final third assisted easy finishes on two of Lemons' three goals. Cosumar led 3-0 at the hour mark, but as the saying goes... two steps forward and one step back. With the offensive spark restored, the defensive solidity praised after MD2 blew a fuse. The Vanquishers apparently forgot that they were playing the Campionato Esportiva champions and not a bunch of "bobs" from Vartugia. Sophia Velezia danced through three Cosumarite defenders before firing a great solo goal into the far corner in the 66th minute. In the 80th minute, substitute striker Andreas Weiss cut the lead to 3-2 with a bullet header that went straight through the hands of Na'Kefir. Crowley Memorial had to suffer through a couple nervy moments in stoppage time, but Cosumar would emerge with the much-needed three points.

You'll take wins against Top 60 teams any way they come in Qualifying, but our inability to kill Mattijana off has to be slightly alarming with in-form Qusmo up next. This is a team that has the cohesion and quality to make us pay if we revert to old bad habits (like switching off defensively with a lead) again. With their newfound attacking verve, our Dragons will also need to prove they can also fly in hostile air, having now scored nine goals in Cosumar and none abroad.

As good as the Qusma have become, with players like Klyde FC's own Lynul-Savar Mal proving themselves in big leagues, Cosumar still has the superior depth and talent. Players like Aedelbrandt and Lemons, who haven't exactly been regulars yet, coming in and giving outstanding performances already is a testament to this. If Pearce can get Matchday 2's defensive concentration and Matchday 3's fluidity and precision on the pitch at the same time, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to take care of business regardless of lineup and return to the top of the group. Or, at the very least, maintain the current one-match deficit.

With Pot 2's Saltstead lurking around the next bend and a group full of reputable nations, tonight might just be the first of many Great Filters the Vanquishers must pass through as part of their toughest Qualifying path in years. Mr. Pearce might want to make sure he's stocked up on coffee filters of his own, because there are sure to be late nights and headaches ahead for him in Group 11.

Cosumar 6-0 Vartugia
B. Tidesson 33', Zeale-Riddick 36', Sibučić 51', Valgard 75', Pakkanen 81', Zeale-Riddick 84'
Assisted by Valgard, B. Tidesson, Söderquist, Aedelbrandt, Aedelbrandt, Aedelbrandt
Selection: Na'Kefir; Na'Kale, Svensson, A. Tidesson, Pakkanen; Söderquist, Mokumdarian (Fireblade); Sibučić (Abylon), B. Tidesson (Aedelbrandt); Valgard, Zeale-Riddick
Matchday 1 | @ Fire River Arena, Ramusok

Velestria 0-0 Cosumar
No scorers
Selection: Weschler; Va'Afaja, Na'Duha, Chaumancer, Pakkanen (Tricklebank); Söderquist, Mokumdarian; Sibučić, B. Tidesson; Valgard (Texström), Zeale-Riddick (Ruhl)
Matchday 2 | @ Hartford Park, Southampshire

Cosumar 3-2 Mattijana
Lemons 45+1', 49', 58'
Assisted by Valgard, Dyer Vry, Sibučić
Selection: Na'Kefir; Va'Afaja, Svensson, Chaumancer, Uribe; Viablaine, Mokumdarian; Sibučić, Dyer Vry (Abylon); Lemons (B. Tidesson), Valgard (Blaylock)
Matchday 3 | @ Crowley Memorial WC Stadium, Ramusok

Qusmo vs. Cosumar
Matchday 4 | @ Mastad Qusma, Qusmo

Cosumar vs. Saltstead
Matchday 5 | @ Leviathan Arena, Kaldukosic

Sajnur vs. Cosumar
Matchday 6 | @ National Stadium, Javoser

Cosumar vs. Kavagrad
Matchday 7 | @ Crowley Memorial WC Stadium, Ramusok

Mytanija vs. Cosumar
Matchday 8 | @ Miagostadion, Miago

Cosumar vs. Alluersia
Matchday 9 | @ Orangi Stadium, Crawford

Vartugia vs. Cosumar
Matchday 10 | @ (Any field that dosent fit for football), Vartugia

Cosumar vs. Velestria
Matchday 11 | @ Crowley Memorial WC Stadium, Ramusok

Mattijana vs. Cosumar
Matchday 12 | @ Stadijo Dinamov, Petrovijanka

Cosumar vs. Qusmo
Matchday 13 | @ The Klyde Sportsplex, Klyde

Saltstead vs. Cosumar
Matchday 14 | @ King William VII National Park, Ashwell

Cosumar vs. Sajnur
Matchday 15 | @ Crowley Memorial WC Stadium, Ramusok

Kavagrad vs. Cosumar
Matchday 16 | @ Kavagrad National Stadium

Cosumar vs. Mytanija
Matchday 17 | @ Alesund Stadion, Samotath

Alluersia vs. Cosumar
Matchday 18 | @ Alluersia

Goals
Arden Lemons (3)
Vega Zeale-Riddick (2)
Bryger TIdesson (1)
Isla Sibučić (1)
Romikk Valgard (1)
Ville Pakkanen (1)

Assists
Zoë Aedelbrandt (3)
Romikk Valgard (2)
Bryger Tidesson (1)
Stig Söderquist (1)
Isla Sibučić (1)
Charles Dyer Vry (1)

Appearances
Maia Abylon (2)
Zoë Aedelbrandt (1)
Dakota Blaylock (1)
Horatius Chaumancer (2)
Charles Dyer Vry (1)
Harald Fireblade (1)
Arden Lemons (1)
Kai-Kai Mokumdarian (3)
Kadija Na'Duha (1)
Bacary Na'Kale (1)
Shjegrzh Na’Kefir (2)
Ville Pakkanen (2)
Airik Ruhl (1)
Isla Sibučić (3)
Stig Söderquist (2)
Peter Svensson (2)
Olvir Texström (1)
Alfred Tidesson (1)
Bryger Tidesson (3)
Dexter Tricklebank (1)
Thomas Uribe (1)
Q'orianka Va'Afaja (2)
Romikk Valgard (3)
Hansi Weschler (1)
Vega Zeale-Riddick (2)
Viablaine (1)
Last edited by Cosumar on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:14 pm

STELBURGER ZEITUNG

Late Edition -- Sports

Goldhorns Balanced After 3 Qualifiers

1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss. 7 goals scored, 7 goals shipped. After the first 3 matches of World Cup 82’s Qualifiers, Siovanija and Teusland’s national football team is perfectly balanced.

For some in the national team camp, however, that is not how things should be. “We’re not fully happy with our performances so far, to be honest. There were some missed opportunities in all of the games, and things might be a bit different had we taken them,” commented Thorsten Kramer. Raphael Klopfer added “I’m not happy with how we’ve been at the back so far, and I know that a lot of the other guys in the room feel the same. We’ll work it out, I’m not worried at all about that.” Let’s take a look back at each of the matches contested so far.

Opening up Qualifiers saw the Goldhorns at the Olimpski-Stadion in Borograd to take on the Euran Oceania Territories. Siovanija and Teusland did not get started well here, and the EOT found themselves mostly in control of the ball in the first half. The Goldhorns seemed to be adjusting to the spectacle finally as the half wore on, but the EOT’s Tom Duffy would work his way into the box before beating Viktor Venev to score to opener. The Goldhorns were stunned, and that led to a complete collapse coming off the restart. Paulus Leistner’s pass was intercepted by Peter Chadwick, and the Expats broke forward. The ball found Duffy again, and his shot was perfect. At the half-time whistle, the Goldhorns found themselves down 2-0.

Gavin Hughes made some adjustments as the team came back out for the second half, with much more attacking intent shown by the Goldhorns. Krasimir Kynev was able to open up his Qualifiers account, as he knocked the rebound of a Thorsten Kramer shot past Bart Jones. Just minutes after that, the Goldhorns pushed forward again. Ivo Romanov cut inside and fired a powerful shot that came right back to him off the bar. Lucky to get the second chance, Romanov would not miss this time and sent the half-volley like a laser into the bottom corner. The Goldhorns were level, and the Olimpski-Stadion crowd roared them on.

You don’t win very many games, however, by only playing for 45 minutes, and Siovanija and Teusland would learn that the hard way here. In the later stages of the match, the Goldhorns began to tire, with the Expats seemed to have something still left in them. Duffy’s attempt at a hat-trick would be blocked by Viktor Venev, but the ball found its way out for a corner. Pierre-Louis Le Tonnier got his head onto it, and the ball glid into the corner past Venev. The Expats led 3-2, and a shocked Goldhorns side simply couldn’t recover. So, the Euran Oceania Territories took all 3 points back home with them. “It just wasn’t good enough from us. We’re really disappointed, but we know that this is just the start. There’s lots of games left to put things together, and we’re all confident that we’ll do just that,” chipped in Lutz Daschner on the team’s performance.

Next up was the first away trip of qualifiers, with the Goldhorns heading to Libonesia. It was an opportunity for many players new to the squad to get a look in, and those that didn’t do so well against the Euran Oceania Territories to get another chance. The Goldhorns looked lethal in the first half, and they poured on the chances. Michael Ribbeck had been quiet against the Expats, but he looked lethal against Libonesia. Kurt Witzel played him a strong through ball, and he was able to round the keeper to get things going for the Goldhorns. When a few minutes later, Ribbeck was brought down in the box, he stepped up to take the penalty. Ribbeck would not falter, and he put the Goldhorns up 2-0.

The second half saw Libonesia threaten on the counter attack, while the Goldhorns maintained their pressure. A quick goal from a corner pegged the Goldhorns back one, however, and Libonesia made the score 2-1. Siovanija and Teusland pulled away again, however, and a ball into the box by Ingolf Kruger was met by the diving head of Thorsten Kramer. His first of the Qualifiers, and the Goldhorns were 3-1 up. Libonesia would put pressure on late, and score from the penalty spot in stoppage time, but could not complete any comeback and the Goldhorns, despite a shaky second half, picked up an important three points. “That was better from us for sure yeah, but we still have to play for 90 minutes. There’s still growth to be done here,” commented the new boy Kruger.

Next up the Goldhorns returned home to take on Group 5’s top seed Ethane. “This is going to be a huge test for sure, they’ve got a great squad and we’ll have to be at our very best to get something here,” added Raphael Klopfer pre-match. Back at the Nationalstadion for the first time in Qualifiers, there was an intense atmosphere as both sides grew into the game quickly. Ethane would manage to score first. Kyle Ford was giving the Goldhorns a lot of trouble down the right side, and when his cross found Declan Smith in the box, you knew that the forward would not miss. Heading into half-time, the Red Kites found themselves 1-0 up.

The Goldhorns kept the pace with their opponent, however, and were growing in confidence as the game went on. There was a feeling around the ground that it was sure they would manage a goal, and could perhaps even snatch a win. So, when Thorsten Kramer sent a long ball forward that Ribbeck got to, everyone was off their seat. Ribbeck blasted a shot past Bruce Paul, and the Goldhorns were level. Ethane and the Goldhorns played a wide-open half that saw each side throw caution to the wind to move forward. Declan Smith would grab his second of the game, knocking in the rebound of a free kick initially stopped by Venev. Viktor Dimitrov was subbed back in, returning from his injury, and he had an immediate impact on the match. The Goldhorns won a free kick with just 5 minutes plus stoppage time on the clock, and Dimitrov was intent on taking it. Clearly he had the right idea, since his shot beat Paul to the top left corner and evened things up for Siovanija and Teusland.

The Goldhorns managed to see things out, and earned a hard-fought point against the 8th ranked side in the world. “I think if you’d offered us a point before the match we’d have taken it for sure, but at the same time we’re rueing a few missed chances there. We showed a lot of fight, and coming together quite well I think,” said Ivo Romanov. One of the more difficult fixtures of the schedule is now out of the way, and the Goldhorns travel next to take on Spokane. Spokane have yet to win in the Qualifiers, but will surely be looking to pull off a major upset at home.

We’ll be here to continue coverage of the Goldhorns’ World Cup 82 Qualifiers journey.

Siovanija and Teusland 2-3 Euran Oceania Territories

Siovanija and Teusland XI (4-4-2): Venev; L. Dimitrov, Klopfer, Jager (A. Dimitrov 86’), Daschner; Leistner (von Bergen 66’), Kramer, V. Dimitrov (Witzel 74’), Romanov; Kynev, Ribbeck
Goals: Krasimir Kynev 52’, Ivo Romanov 71’
Match Report: The Goldhorns came from 2-0 down to even things up in the second half, but simply couldn’t hold on and the Euran Oceania Territories escaped with the victory on the day. While none of the Goldhorns had a particularly good day, Ivo Romanov was perhaps the best performer. Kurt Witzel came on as a late sub as Viktor Dimitrov appeared to pick up a knock on his ankle, as did Anton Dimitrov in an attempt to tie things up after the Expats’ last goal.

Siovanija and Teusland 3-2 Libonesia

Siovanija and Teusland XI (4-4-2): Zhelyaskov; Kleinmann, Karapetrov (Klopfer 80’), Jager, Ambroz (Helmke 80’); Kruger, Kramer, Witzel, Romanov (Heiden 70’); A. Dimitrov, Ribbeck
Goals: Michael Ribbeck 22’, 40’ (pen), Thorsten Kramer 69’
Match Report: Better from the Goldhorns here. Michael Ribbeck had a wonderful day at the office, scoring 2 in the first half to send Siovanija and Teusland on their way. Libonesia fought well in the second half, but insurance from Kramer in the 69th minute put things to rest. Another late spark from the hosts, but the Goldhorns came away with an important 3 points. Viktor Dimitrov missed out due to injury, but Kurt Witzel had a strong match and picked up an assist, while Luka Ambroz made his second appearance for the national side.

Siovanija and Teusland 2-2 Ethane

Siovanija and Teusland XI (4-4-2): Venev; L. Dimitrov, Klopfer, Jager, Daschner; von Bergen (Leistner 72’), Kramer, Kostov (V. Dimitrov 80’), Romanov; Kynev (Dinev 72’), Ribbeck
Goals: Michael Ribbeck 60’, Viktor Dimitrov 85’
Match Report: A hard-fought match at home for the Goldhorns against Ethane, and everyone involved with the national team can be happy with their performance here. Michael Ribbeck scored another goal to add to his tally of 16 overall for the national team - he’s only 22. Viktor Dimitrov made his triumphant return and scored a beautiful free kick at the end of the match to even things up. Miro Dinev came on for Krasimir Kynev in the 72nd minute, Kynev had been sick the morning of the match and was going to come off around the 70th minute no matter what.
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 pm

GOOD FIGHT AGAINST GROUP FAVOURITES

Dreamplanet were beaten but this time with pride.

Dreamplanet did not get to beat Nephara which would've been an upset but they could leave with their heads held high as they were able to put 3 past Nephara.

The attack was strong throughout, even getting a chance to score just 2 minutes in but the goalkeeper was able to save it, Hawke opened the scoring but 7 minutes later Paulo Figueiredo was able to round the goalkeeper, a rare show of skill from a striker who prefers to pass rather than scoring. Kuepper took the lead back at the 22nd minute and the goals kept on coming as Metzger scored 2 in 14 minutes and Chalk got a goal to make it 5-1 at half time.

The team went strongly into the second half even if the scoreline looked over as Paulo Figueiredo was able to sneak in a second past Mercator and then Aaron Hungar scored 7 minutes later to make it 5-3. Dreamplanet had a chance to come back from a 4 goal deficit but Nephara opted to defend and it worked as Os Tricolores became tired and Rouphos was able to score the final goal 7 minutes from full time.

Os Tricolores did lose another match but this time we were able to hold our own against a very good nation, we'll just have to see how things go against the Commonwealth of Baker Park.

Nephara 6 - 3 Dreamplanet
(Hawke 7', Kuepper 22', Metzger 30' 44', Chalk 38', Rouphos 83' - 14', 55' Paulo Figueiredo, 62' Aaron Hungar)
Sabrefell, Nephara

March 10th - MD1: ROBOSTANIA 3-0 Dreamplanet
March 11th - MD2: Dreamplanet 4-0 Astoria
March 12th - MD3: Nephara 6-3 Dreamplanet
March 13th - MD4: Commonwealth of Baker Park vs Dreamplanet
March 14th - MD5: Dreamplanet vs Pridnestrovia
March 15th - MD6: Blaneu vs Dreamplanet
March 16th - MD7: Dreamplanet vs Natanians and Nosts
March 17th - MD8: Tinhampton vs Dreamplanet
March 18th - MD9: Dreamplanet vs Walenstein
March 20th - MD10: Dreamplanet vs ROBOSTANIA
March 21st - MD11: Astoria vs Dreamplanet
March 22nd - MD12: Dreamplanet vs Nephara
March 23rd - MD13: Dreamplanet vs Commonwealth of Baker Park
March 24th - MD14: Pridnestrovia vs Dreamplanet
March 25th - MD15: Dreamplanet vs Blaneu
March 26th - MD16: Natanians and Nosts vs Dreamplanet
March 27th - MD17: Dreamplanet vs Tinhampton
March 28th - MD18: Walenstein vs Dreamplanet

Group 9                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Nephara 3 3 0 0 12 5 +7 9
2 ROBOSTANIA 3 2 1 0 7 2 +5 7
3 Pridnestrovia 3 1 2 0 6 2 +4 5
4 Walenstein 3 1 2 0 3 2 +1 5
5 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4
6 Tinhampton 3 1 1 1 3 3 0 4
7 Dreamplanet 3 1 0 2 7 9 −2 3
8 Commonwealth of Baker Park 3 0 2 1 2 3 −1 2
9 Blaneu 3 0 1 2 3 6 −3 1
10 Astoria 3 0 0 3 0 11 −11 0

Qualified for World Cup
Qualified for Playoffs
Eliminated
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:49 pm

ImageKandorith 1-2 LisanderImage

Neville 51'
Somerville (PK) 64'

Matsuda 80'

After nine defeats, Lisander wins again!
Bruno Barudi, to 4-3-3 Football

I had not had the taste of it for some time ... Lisander won! It was a good game, though tedious for much of the first half. The first forty minutes would have embarrassed any of the fans of the style of fast passes and smart positioning that is characteristic of our football. Luckily this game was not televised, except for those who ventured into streaming and TV piracy, because it would be a huge loss to broadcasters. The first half was only observation and a few good chances.

However, just before the half-time, two good chances, one for each side, startled the goalkeepers. At 42, good ball from Christian Nantel to Tássio Camden,

who got rid of the defender and hit a ball in the corner of the crossbar. The ball returned and was kicked away by Hideyoshi Takahashi, which started a good counterattack that would have opened the scoring if it was not for the good save of Anders Michaelichen in the left corner of the lisanderian posts.

In the second half, the game was played in midfield. If Kandorith's team could not pass through the defense, on the otherside, the crowded midfield was also complicated for the Lisanderians. It would have to be an extremely well-crafted move. And that's how it happened. At 51', Saber Neville made a sprint that left the two defensive midfielders behinf and fired in the area to the finish of Milo Somerville, who exploded on the highbar to the left of Hideyo Kiyotada, who still jumped for the save. The rebound was left for Saber Neville himself, who only had the job of kicking again, to the empty goal. 1-0. And it looked like it would not go away and things were headed for a meager result when Christian Nantel managed to invade the area at 64 'and was knocked out by Ando Masatake. Penalty! Milo Somerville went down and scored, a easy shoot right in the center of the goal. 2-0.

With the victory virtually assured, Fox made his substitutions, three at a time, at 70 '. Neville by Noah Gardner, making his first appearance by the national team, Cyril Amati took the place of Milo Somerville, who was much applauded on the bench, and Anders Michaelichen by Eduardo Brock, the veteran goalkeeper who comes for his last attempt to reach to the final tournament of the World Cup. Unfortunately, he did not do well. In 80, in a beautiful move, Toki Matsuda defeated the experienced defensemen of Lisander and scored for the homeowners. Fortunately, it was too late to draw and the game ended up with Lisander's win. The first of the last ten games.

The expectation, as always, is that the good results continue, and that the team can go up a little more in the table. The next match is in the Albert II stadium, against Indusse, a dangerous selection, who plays in a 4-2-4 offensive. Will the midfield continue to work just as it did this time, and will we finally get two straight wins, something that has not happened since the WC80? Let's follow! Tickets, as always, are sold out, but for those who could not buy them, the game will be broadcast by RTL, starting at 8pm this Wednesday!
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

WC82: Grand Tour Part 1

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm

A Grand Tour of the Confederacy

Sivolvia: The Far Southwest

Today's match, the first of nine to be held in the Confederacy during qualifying, will take place in its southernmost major city: Brasta.

Geography
Located near the tip of the Sivolvian Peninsula, Brasta is a city of approximately 700,000 inhabitants. It sits astride the River Prad, which flows south out of the Sivolvian highlands, an extensive volcanic mountain chain that trends North-South along the interior of the peninsula. While the peaks at the Northern extreme of the range are extinct, there are several potentially dangerous volcanoes in the South. Accordingly, Brasta is protected by batteries of sensors and early warning systems, as well as dikes and dams designed to channel lahars and pyroclastic flows away from populated areas. Extensive evacuation plans are also in place, and well published by local authorities. The closest volcano to the city, a 8500 foot high stratovolcano called Mount Piaral, is quite possibly the most closely monitored mountain in the world. Visitors to the city for the match had little cause for concern, however. The SCFA working closely with the Confederate Geological Administration, assured the public of the mountain's quiescence. The landscape around Brasta is formed or eroded lava flows and ash deposits. The Prad is narrow, but navigable as far as Brasta, though only a few dozen miles upstream, the first of several waterfalls cuts off its upper reaches from boat traffic. Due to its volcanic soil, the area around Brasta (and indeed most of Sivolvia) is highly fertile, and a variety of crops are grown at various elevations, most notably rice, coffee, sugar, and tea. Apart from cultivated areas, the western, windward side of the peninsula is heavily wooded, while the eastern slopes are drier, and composed mainly of grassland and scrub.

History
Sivolvia has been inhabited since before recorded history, and there is extensive archaeological evidence of early adoption of agriculture in the fertile soil. The city-states of Yassaca, in the Northwest of Sivolvia, and Syneca in the East near the present day border with Algolia both had their foundations during this period, making them among the oldest continually inhabited places in the Confederacy. Isolated from one another by the mountainous interior, they nonetheless developed a traditional rivalry, fighting countless wars great and small down the ages. This rivalry continues to the present day, and the Sivolvian Derby between FC Yassaca and Syneca AC is the biggest ticket in the province, with Sivolvia Central AC and FC Syneca also getting in on the action, though generally in lower leagues. Brasta is a more recent foundation, though several other settlements on the lower Prad have risen and fallen over the years. Consistently the third wheel in Sivolvian sports rivalries, fans of FC Brasta will no doubt be especially proud to host a national team match. In the late medieval era, Yassaca and Syneca continued to be the two most important powers on the peninsula until the King Ashnod II of Algolia invaded. Equipped with early gunpowder weapons, his army swept away the defenders and quickly conquered large swathes of territory in the East, around the Bay of Syneca. Entreaties to Yassaca for assistance were refused, and Syneca was ruled from Jaglan for the better part of 200 years, before finally regaining their independence as part of the Algolian Wars of Constitution, which toppled the last absolute monarch and installed a Parliament as governing body. Disunited politically, Sivolvia was again the target of an invasion in the modern era, this time from over the sea. Imposing a naval blockade, the Imperium of Squornshelous first took Yassaca and Brasta, before signing a non-aggression pact with Algolia (something Sivolvians do not forget) as a prelude to taking Syneca, firmly establishing the first Squornshelan foothold in the West. During the Civil War, Sivolvia was generally regarded as a low-priority region by Imperial forces, who maintained fairly minimal garrisons there. Accordingly, it was a haven for fugitives and a hotbed of revolutionary activity. Several guerrilla training camps were established in the mountains, and in captured communiques, one regional commander expressed his belief that the Imperial position in Sivolvia was "utterly untenable." SInce the war, Sivolvia has become an interesting case of old meets new. While many small farms still operate much the same way they did a century ago, Sivolvia has also become home to numerous agricultural innovations, and a pioneer in renewable energy sources, including wind, solar, and geothermal. Recently, Sivolvia became the first of the Confederacy's seven states to go an entire year without fossil fuels.

Culture
While Brasta and two other large cities, Yassaca and Syneca can be found in Sivolvia, its culture is much more tied to rural areas, and centuries long traditions of agriculture and aquaculture. Sometimes regarded as a backward and less developed region by other parts of the Confederacy, Sivolvia is certainly not as cosmopolitan as Megabrantis or Algolia, but has a vibrant culture all its own. If one takes the time to wander when visiting rather than simply dashing from hotel to mountain to beach, all manner of hidden gems can be found. In the realm of cuisine, Sivolvia is known in particular for vegetable and seafood stews and flatbreads. A traditional rounded oven built of lava rock is used in much of Sivolvian cooking (this is what is meant by restaurants advertising a "lava oven." Sivolvia's volcanoes often experience explosive phreatic and phreatomagmatic eruptions, so trying to use them to cook would be foolhardy at best). Around Brasta, visitors can enjoy boating and black sand beaches. While there are of course plenty of large, and even all inclusive resorts available, most travel guides insist that the true way to experience Brasta and the Southern Cape region is to stay in one of the many smaller inns and immerse oneself in local cuisine and culture.

Getting There and Getting Around
Brasta has a good sized regional airport, with many flights daily to Yassaca and Syneca, as well as to other major cities in the Confederacy. International travelers will find it easiest to connect through either Yassaca, the capital and gateway to Sivolvia, or through the larger airports of Damogran or Brantisvogan. Once in Brasta, the only real way to get around is by road. Rail connections to Syneca and Yassaca are available, but for getting around the city, taxis or buses are the only public transit options. Visitors wishing to explore the countryside will be best served by a rental car.
Last edited by Squornshelan Remnant States on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:03 pm

A Fluffy Bunny Song
By Twitch

I'm a fluffy bunny and I do fluffy bunny things
And when we play Santa Regada, then I'll start to sing

I am fluffy bunny Twitch, football I like to play
This is now my third World Cup, and this the third matchday.

We'll play Santa Regada, they're not the bestest team
I'll twitch my nose at Callejón, my eyes will start to gleam

The referee's a meany; he is a nasty man
I punched Borré, he sent me off, nothing has gone to plan.

When I went off to skulk and cry, my team were up two-nil
My coach gave me the evil eye, but I think he should chill.

The Empire's down to just ten men (well, ten creatures tall and true)
And now the match begins to turn, our players are too few.

The match it ends four-four, I say, it's not a good result.
The coach says that it's all my fault, so now I'll start to sulk

This much is true, we should have won; we were the stronger side
To draw like this is something that Tzimisces can't abide.

My secret's this, just listen in, and then you'll soon agree...
When things go wrong the Empire will just blame the referee.

Last edited by Alasdair I Frosticus on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports