Chapter 3: A Rather Crappy Party
Brenda asked me if I was really to be downstairs for the party at my house, since I was having one of my bad days. I told her I will head upstairs, if I start to feel tired. To try to get in the spirit, I put on my usual outfit that I like to wear around the public. You probably know which one. My whole "rockstar" outfit that everyone knows that I wear. The one where my cleavage show. You seen it on the WorldVision on your TV's, computers, or phones. It's the real me. Gerald called me to help with the cake, which was this large soccer ball cake that I licked down frosting off of to taste it quick. It was one of those ice cream cakes, but I was annoyed because I prefer simple frosting. I went to the kitchen to grab some of the natural whipped cream in a can that I tend to keep for sweets. Gerald was getting the coffee machine set up at the table, where Tony and Frank were making sure the living room and dining room weren't a miss. The TV was going to be set up to watch some re-runs that people probably miss.
Before anyone arrived, I went to the bathroom to try to practice acting happy in front of the guests. You know that feeling. There's probably people that you know or hate that you have to keep a positive attitude or you look like a jerkass. I considered myself a bit of a natural actor, though. I knew how to shed some tears during some of my performances or look sad. That meant I knew how to look happy and not have a stepford smile of a grin. I did this in front of the mirror to see how good I was faking it. Then, I just looked at the mirror and start on focusing on myself. You probably heard of the whole "duality" concept. You're in this original identify, where you go into this persona of yours and become it. I don't do that. I'm me. My persona has always been me. People who see me on and off of my costume knows it's me. Though I wondered about the people that are "like" me. You know what I'm talking about. I was feeling about it while looking in the mirror, which made me frown a bit.
There is this genre that I believed was trending back a decade ago of being a pop idol. It had to have happened in nations I'm not aware of. The whole happy fake lifestyle of that chick with the umbrella attacking bald head or the one that does contraband that could get you a sentence in the nation. The ones that focus on their image, so little girls can have an excuse to dressing up as them. The whole fake life. These idols probably grew up as adults and what not, while I'm probably the last one that exists. The only difference that doesn't make me like them is that I try to act normal. I lie to kids, but I'm making sure that they aren't growing up the wrong way. I don't snort white powder off of a coffee table or get pulled over drunk on my ass. I act normal. We all want to be normal! Yet, there is this bullshit concept that people probably still think about today that takes a while before they realize that's it's pointless!
Of being popular.
You understand, don't you? You seen many high school movies to know about the whole stereotypes of the jock, princess, freak, nerd and criminal. The whole disillusion of being the people on TV. I want to give them a reality check! I really do! Yet, I feel like we have to lie. Lie because of the shit we don't want them to know and the fucked up crap that happens when they are young! Its-
There was a knock at the bathroom door, as Gerald was checking to see how she was doing. "Jessica? The first guests are here!" Gerald called to Jessica through the door. "Coming!" Jessica refocused on what she was doing and put on a happy facade which she wanted to have lasted through the night. The first guests was just some sports fans around her age. The rest begin to enter the house of all kinds. Jessica saw Jason Masami enter, which made her feel an actual smile. Jason was someone that knew of what Jessica had, but she made sure both of them were good sports about it. Jessica saw this one chick she didn't recognize, but heard the Leader was focusing a lot on. Harrington was the name? The brunette looked nervous to be there. Either she was socially awkward or she was thinking of some other stuff. There was a gentlemen with this bulldog cane with gray hair and a mustache that Jessica guessed to be some parent. There was another guy young as Jessica, who was busy checking his phone, yet looked like he hated being near the crowd. Some fans were enjoying some moments of excitement as they reminisce of past victorious matches. All of going good.
Until there was a knock at the door, which Jessica decided to answer. It was Colin.
"C-colin!?" Jessica had a broken face of both a happy smile and a look of surprise and horror. "Jessica? It's been a while since I saw you." Colin said, calmly.
Look! Colin is just a long distance friend!
...
Ok, he's one of my ex-boyfriends! It's not like I have a closet full of them! He was just my first boyfriend that I had the nerve to date. He's a nice guy! He's just... We had some issues.
"Colin?! Uhhh.. What are you doing here?"
"I came, because everyone's celebrating the draws. I'm a sports fan myself. Mostly soccer." Colin said, adjusting his glasses, which Jessica can't help but admire that they matched his blond hair. "Well, make yourself comfortable. I just beginning to feel a little tired. I need some coffee. That's all." Jessica made an excuse, as she went over to get herself a cup of coffee. Gulping it down, she already tasted the bitter substance, which she hogged the whipped cream to made it sweet. "Jessica, you're alright?" Brenda said to her, seeing some warning signs. "Uhh yeah. I think I need to head upstairs a bit." Jessica explained. "Want me to take her upstairs?" Colin offered, who was nearby. "No no no no! I don't need help!" Jessica said, though she heard herself speaking in a rather passive aggressive manner, where she decided to take the whipped cream with her. A dirty glance by some glutton wanting seconds for that ice cream cake was the result, as they watched Jessica go upstairs.
I think I was acting like a rabid animal in my bedroom, while I was trying to not cry. My mouth was covered in whipped cream, where I left the can on my dresser, as I started to take off my clothes as I went to the bathroom. I needed a good bath to make me relax. I let the water flow into my tub, as I had my knees up to my chest, as I was making sure the water was warm for me to be in. I let my hair be wet, so I can soak, where I had some silence all to myself. I can hear them downstairs, but it was better than them being near me.
Colin was a nice guy. It was mainly my fault on why we broke up. The fact that we were cool with it at the end. With just us being friends. If I hadn't vomited and made a scene, I would have probably loved him. Though he loved me still. Yet, he probably had a girlfriend that would have acted like a bitch to me. What if he knows about..! No! I don't think he would be nice to him, if I tell him. I didn't know how long I was soaking in that tub. Gerald went upstairs to check on me, where he was being mature at how I was without clothes.
"You ok?"
"Yeah. I think I'm going to be upstairs for tonight. I'm not going to be a buzzkill in front of everyone."
"You going to head to sleep, after you're done."
"Might as well. The party isn't going to end, though."
"Fine. Rest up here. I can convince Brenda to give you a way to cheer you up." Gerald said, before leaving. After finishing up, Jessica got a towel to wrap herself in and went over to the medicine cabinet to take a sugar pill.
Jessica turned on some electric candles and went over to the window in her pajamas. Opening the window, she looked outside to observe the calm nightly atmosphere that was happening in the streets. Some lights were on in some of the other houses. The city in the distance let out in barrage of colors for everyone to see. The wind blew something that looked like someone's hat, though Jessica didn't really take notice of it. She wondered if she can forgive herself for the mistakes she blames herself for. Though, she still wanted some hope.





















