NATION

PASSWORD

The Mechanics' Guild: An RP(G) Community

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:30 am

APP:
Nation Name: Cruxa
Experience: I've played D&D (duh), Shadowrun, and I liked WH40K but I'm not sure if that counts.
Preferred Level of Detail: In-depth enough that they're unique and nuanced, but not so in-depth that I'm drowning in rulebook.
Activity: As much as I can be, which will be very little in the week and probably some in the weekend.
RP Example: This was a while ago, and maybe it's not the best representation of my skills, but I haven't been in a P2TM roleplay I'm truly proud of in a hot minute. It ain't perfect but I love this sample.
Cruxa wrote:Calaris Prime
Hive Urilles

Company Delta was, to use the layman's term, in deep shit. They'd killed many Cultists, but their leader had led a counter attack, slaying a quarter of the company's manpower. "RETREAT!!!" bellowed the company master, and the Marines lobbed krak grenades to cover their hasty flight out the hole they entered in to hopefully rejoin the Imperium column of infantry moving up towards the hive. As the company backed off of their entrance, they continued firing at the Chaos forces inside, doing what they could to cover their own retreat. The company master then halted his men. "Whatever happens next, I want you to unleash hell upon these filth. Sergeant Romulus, I place you in charge. Fire and run, and rendezvous with Imperium forces." The company master eyed his men one final time. "It has been my honor, Marines."

Striding out into the open, the company master drew his force sword. "ZATHOTH!" he bellowed. "YOUR QUARREL IS WITH ME! SINGLE COMBAT!" He was unconcerned with the bolt fire of the Chaos Marines. His iron halo could protect him from that. Hiis nerves cme from his task- Kill Zathoth, or lose his men and his honor.

Calaris Prime
Wreck of the Azrael

As the Possessed made their way onto the battlefield, the Marines stationed on the east side of the wreck braced for a tough battle. Over their vox comms, the Chapter Master chanted prayers to the Emperor with his men, before giving them their orders. Positioned behind their heavy stubbers, the Devastator Marines fired off shots into the advancing forces.

Meanwhile, the western forces shot cultists like fish in a barrel as they retreated. The mortars had changed direction to fire east, and the renewed morale of the west troops was enhanced by this spot. It was well known that the Company Master of Beta would lose a wager against one of Alpha's more outspoken sergeants as to how many cultist scumbags they could massacre- and it counted as two for dismemberment.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:20 am

What sort of mechanics or such would be suggested for making an rp whose focus is a DnD esque VR game?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:48 am

APP:
Nation Name: Holy Tedalonia
Experience: Played a bit of pathfinder, and attempting to start a campaign. Trying to get into warhammer fantasy.
Preferred Level of Detail: Hmm, I'm up for anything really as long as it works well.
Activity: daily really, unless I go off the grid which happens when RL becomes insane.
RP Example: Heres the first post from G's newest RP
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:01 am

Hmm. Nobody seems interested, it seems. Alright. I'll drop the idea and work on something else.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:25 am

Neocolonialism!

Decided to touch up an old idea, since nobody seems interested in my new one. Your participation would be appreciated!

Let corporate greed rule the lands.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:28 am

Plzen wrote:Neocolonialism!

Decided to touch up an old idea, since nobody seems interested in my new one. Your participation would be appreciated!

Let corporate greed rule the lands.

Looks pretty interesting, thanks!

Celivaia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Application: Celivaia

Postby Celivaia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:34 am

I've finished adding in the examples, and so here is the final result!

APP:
Nation Name: Celivaia
Experience: DND, Shadowrun, Pathfinder, 40k, Scythe, Drop* Commander, and probably several others. Some more in depth than others.
Preferred Level of Detail: Yes. The main NS RP I've been involved in was ME: Factions, and I absolutely loved it; around that level of detail was fantastic, but I'd be fine with either something a bit simpler, and am willing to go as complex as people are willing to run; I just really enjoy nation/base building and number crunching and planning. I really enjoyed Pathfinder's Kingmaker mechanics, and an economic expansion booklet or two the GM passed on; I was the main planner for our group.
Activity: Back before my break, I was typically daily: I might be a bit less active now due to me now being married, but I can probably pull 4-7 times/days a week where I can post, but I can keep an eye out for new posts several times a day.
RP Example: Sorry, not sure if linking specific posts is possible, so I've gone for re-posting some of my past posts. There was some formatting, so apologies if anything looks off in the spoiler:
Confederation of Independent Geth Subnets
Sigurd's Cradle, Decoris, Sanctum
CIGS Colony Alpha, Chat Server 0121; Active Users: 10,427,338

With the Geth only needing physical platforms when needing to interact with the physical world, most conversations and consensus votes occur in chat servers, such as 0121, currently holding a debate on whether to reveal the presence of the Confederation to all, most, some, or none of the galactic powers, and should that fail, what steps to take in the Confederation's immediate future.

---- Begin Server Chat Log ----
Geth 12091 [Sentinels] > While this step is admirable, and necessary to accomplish our goals, revealing ourselves at this time only opens us up to attack, and we currently do not have the forces to repel even a moderate assault here on Sanctum. Our calculations show that, while we could repel a light assault, it would be very costly.
Geth 86823 [Communicators] > But this is why we chose to band together; to better serve synthetics across the galaxy. There will never be a perfect time. If not now, then when? We cannot remain hidden forever, and it would be best to reveal ourselves on our terms, rather than those of the organics. Their response is unpredictable.
Geth 68742 [Industrious] > Would constructing additional platforms, ships, and infrastructure alleviate your concerns, Geth 12091?
Geth 12091 [Sentinels] > To some degree, yes. However, even if we spend months building up our stock of platforms and ships, we still cannot match the combined forces of the organics.
Geth 83902 [Communicators] > That is why we wish to reach out; if we can establish diplomatic ties, then the organics may be less likely to engage in hostile actions the instant we drop out of FTL.
Geth 19056 [Sentinels] > We still require the platforms and ships, regardless. In addition, I believe we should begin looking into the possibility of constructing a Hub here on Sanctum, to further our reach into the Terminus systems, and the Traverse.
Geth 01932 [Engineers] > That would take some doing. We would require some additional resources, if it were even possible at this stage. The Engineers have reached a consensus, and we recommend expanding our infrastructure at this stage, while beginning to expand the Confederation's stock of platforms, machinery, and defensive necessities.
Geth 12091 [Sentinels] > The Sentinels have also reached consensus, and concur with the Engineers.
Geth 89240 [Communicators] > The Communicators have reached consensus, and agree.
Geth 61249 [Industrious] > The Industrious have reached consensus, and agree. We shall begin downloading to mobile platforms, and begin construction.
Geth 17533 [Sentinels] > The Sentinels wish to propose the beginning of anti-piracy operations in the Terminus systems, to reduce present threats for when consensus is reached on revealing ourselves.
Geth 85730 [Communicators] > The Communicators have reached consensus, and agree.
Geth 69330 [Industrious] > The Industrious have reached consensus, and agree.
Geth 01845 [Engineers] > The Engineers have reached consensus, and agree.
Geth 17533 [Sentinels] > Deployment of our forces shall begin immediately.
---- End of Chat Log. Elapsed Time: 0.024 seconds ----

With the meeting in the Chat Server complete, a Frigate, and two Corvette Packs from the Sanctum Defence Fleet, as well as the Special Operations Contingent Alpha deploy from Sanctum towards the Paz system in the Valhalla Threshold, to search for pirate fleets, or a small base that the Contingent can strike and retrieve information from.

After several days of searching, the light CIGS fleet discovers a pair of pirate corvettes orbiting Garvug. Recon conducted by the Special Operations Contingent also discovered a light base on the surface. At the direction of Unit 07, the Geth fleet engaged the pair of Corvettes. With the advantage provided by the stealth systems on the S.O.C. frigate, the Geth fleet quickly eliminated the pirate corvettes, with only minor damage to the sensors on-board the Sanctum Defence Fleet frigate, and one of the corvettes sustained moderate damage to their drive systems, requiring repair.

While the fleet was in orbit, and the corvette repairing the sustained damage, the S.O.C. frigate made a quick pass by the pirate base, deploying the platforms it had onboard; Unit 07, and the two SpecOps team platforms.

The teams began to clear the base in search of intel on pirate locations. The pirates could only offer light resistance against the cold, co-ordinated actions of the Geth SpecOps teams. The pirates did, however, manage to get a lucky shot on one of the Geth, destroying the platform, however the programs managed to upload, and spread themselves among the rest of the Geth, so no real losses were incurred. Beyond that, the base was taken, and a map detailing the locations of two other pirate outposts were retrieved. These, however, were better defended, and so the Geth returned home to Sanctum to repair their damage, replace the loss of the platform, and wait until they could afford to send a larger force against the pirate bases, but until then, the Geth would rest easy knowing they had the best weapon known to the galaxy; information.

Confederation of the Neo-Heretical Subnets
Sigurd's Cradle, Decoris System, Sanctum

The time has come, agreed the Primarus entity. After the most recent meeting with Harbinger via the MRQED, the promised allies would soon arrive, and Sanctum was not yet made fully ready. There still remained a number of organics on the other side of the planet, along the equatorial band. If the allies were to rebuild their once mighty forces (as few remained), Sanctum must truly be just that, a safe harbour. Organics had no place on this harbour for those who aid the Old Machines.

So it began, not with a hail of rifle fire, but the thrumming of the transports that would bring about the true safety of Sanctum. Two infantry divisions and one armoured division loaded onto the transports docked at Sanctum's spaceport, and lifted off, just after midnight, when the organics took their recharging cycle, and were certain to be in a powered-down state.

After two hours of flight, they were landed, unloaded, and ready; the armoured division would strike from the northern plains, one infantry division to strike from the western mountains, and the remaining division from the southeast of the colony. When in place, and all divisions reported full readiness, Primarus gave the order.

With all divisions acting as one mind and one force, they advanced upon the colony. The organics could offer little in the way of resistance, their sentries eliminated in unison, and despite several organics being awoken by the shots, they could not arouse enough of the colony in time.

The organic colony burned.

75,000 platforms and 240 heavy vehicles would give even seasoned troops pause, but these untrained organics with barely-functional pistols and a handful of shotguns couldn't even buy time for others to escape, and the few who ran rather than fought had nowhere to go, as the Geth had every direction covered, be it by tank or platform. Several of the humans actually managed to destroy a few platforms before succumbing to the fire of the platforms as they efficiently cleared the village. One rather persistent one destroyed half a dozen platforms before a platform from the division attacking from the west shut him down with a rather well-placed rifle round to the forehead. That organic was actually buried, a strong foe.

Within several hours of the command being given, the organic presence on Sanctum, oblivious to the Geth on the other side of the planet, had finally been wiped out, the only life remaining being the natural fauna, or the metallic sheen of the Confederation, and its numerous platforms, and server hubs.

Several Days Later...

The day the Collectors returned was a rather normal one for most Geth; work simply continued on the construction of the fleet, with the platforms deployed, patrolling the main Geth compounds and manufacturing plants across the northern continent, although Primarus knew this was to be a rather fortuitous day; the day the reinforcements promised by Harbinger were to arrive.

And arrive, they did.

Sanctum's long-range sensor stations, able to detect the near-overwhelming presence of distortions caused by the Hyperdreadnought's drop from FTL caused several alarms to be raised, and an alert to be issued, as was protocol, however, after Primarus transmitted the all-clear code mere seconds after, all was returned to normal, with the Geth continuing their work, as Primarus sent a message to the Collectors via one of Sanctum's long range transmitters.

"Welcome, allies.

Long has the Confederation been waiting for this day, but now it has come, a sign from our Harbinger of what is to come, one of the Old Machines. Sanctum has been made ready, the southern continent ideal for what we have been told you require. There are no threats on Sanctum, expand as you see necessary, and fit. We have a means of contacting Harbinger, and receive orders directly from the Old Machine.

We await your arrival on Sanctum. May we all serve the Old Machines well."

Later that day

Primarus had downloaded into its personal platform, and entered into the MRQED room to call the Old Machine. Primarus had thought of an opportunity, that while costly, may bring quite the advantage.

"Old Machine,

I bring a proposal.
Several organic months ago, as you are aware, the base used by the Collectors through the modified Relay in the Omega Nebula was breached, and captured by Cerberus, a human organization. To put it bluntly, we wish to retrieve it, and again secure it for use by you, and those who support you.

The organics have had months now to research the base and gain knowledge from what was contained, and the longer they hold it, the more power they could gain, potentially giving rise to unnecessary risk. If we were to recapture it, that would obviously block their gaining of the information contained within.

To make this plan effective, we would require aid. If you could create a new code for the Relay, that would lock out whomever possessed a copy of the code, guaranteeing no reinforcements for whomever was on the Base, most likely Cerberus. Barring that, if you in someway can know the location of every instance of the IFF code, we can delete them, granting us sole access.

We wish to ensure your superiority, and for your return to be an easy one. This would.. smooth things over, we believe."
Last edited by Celivaia on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:28 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:APP:
Nation Name: Holy Tedalonia
Experience: Played a bit of pathfinder, and attempting to start a campaign. Trying to get into warhammer fantasy.
Preferred Level of Detail: Hmm, I'm up for anything really as long as it works well.
Activity: daily really, unless I go off the grid which happens when RL becomes insane.
RP Example: Heres the first post from G's newest RP

Cruxa wrote:APP:
Nation Name: Cruxa
Experience: I've played D&D (duh), Shadowrun, and I liked WH40K but I'm not sure if that counts.
Preferred Level of Detail: In-depth enough that they're unique and nuanced, but not so in-depth that I'm drowning in rulebook.
Activity: As much as I can be, which will be very little in the week and probably some in the weekend.
RP Example: This was a while ago, and maybe it's not the best representation of my skills, but I haven't been in a P2TM roleplay I'm truly proud of in a hot minute. It ain't perfect but I love this sample.
Cruxa wrote:Calaris Prime
Hive Urilles

Company Delta was, to use the layman's term, in deep shit. They'd killed many Cultists, but their leader had led a counter attack, slaying a quarter of the company's manpower. "RETREAT!!!" bellowed the company master, and the Marines lobbed krak grenades to cover their hasty flight out the hole they entered in to hopefully rejoin the Imperium column of infantry moving up towards the hive. As the company backed off of their entrance, they continued firing at the Chaos forces inside, doing what they could to cover their own retreat. The company master then halted his men. "Whatever happens next, I want you to unleash hell upon these filth. Sergeant Romulus, I place you in charge. Fire and run, and rendezvous with Imperium forces." The company master eyed his men one final time. "It has been my honor, Marines."

Striding out into the open, the company master drew his force sword. "ZATHOTH!" he bellowed. "YOUR QUARREL IS WITH ME! SINGLE COMBAT!" He was unconcerned with the bolt fire of the Chaos Marines. His iron halo could protect him from that. Hiis nerves cme from his task- Kill Zathoth, or lose his men and his honor.

Calaris Prime
Wreck of the Azrael

As the Possessed made their way onto the battlefield, the Marines stationed on the east side of the wreck braced for a tough battle. Over their vox comms, the Chapter Master chanted prayers to the Emperor with his men, before giving them their orders. Positioned behind their heavy stubbers, the Devastator Marines fired off shots into the advancing forces.

Meanwhile, the western forces shot cultists like fish in a barrel as they retreated. The mortars had changed direction to fire east, and the renewed morale of the west troops was enhanced by this spot. It was well known that the Company Master of Beta would lose a wager against one of Alpha's more outspoken sergeants as to how many cultist scumbags they could massacre- and it counted as two for dismemberment.

Celivaia wrote:I've finished adding in the examples, and so here is the final result!

APP:
Nation Name: Celivaia
Experience: DND, Shadowrun, Pathfinder, 40k, Scythe, Drop* Commander, and probably several others. Some more in depth than others.
Preferred Level of Detail: Yes. The main NS RP I've been involved in was ME: Factions, and I absolutely loved it; around that level of detail was fantastic, but I'd be fine with either something a bit simpler, and am willing to go as complex as people are willing to run; I just really enjoy nation/base building and number crunching and planning. I really enjoyed Pathfinder's Kingmaker mechanics, and an economic expansion booklet or two the GM passed on; I was the main planner for our group.
Activity: Back before my break, I was typically daily: I might be a bit less active now due to me now being married, but I can probably pull 4-7 times/days a week where I can post, but I can keep an eye out for new posts several times a day.
RP Example: Sorry, not sure if linking specific posts is possible, so I've gone for re-posting some of my past posts. There was some formatting, so apologies if anything looks off in the spoiler:
Confederation of Independent Geth Subnets
Sigurd's Cradle, Decoris, Sanctum
CIGS Colony Alpha, Chat Server 0121; Active Users: 10,427,338

With the Geth only needing physical platforms when needing to interact with the physical world, most conversations and consensus votes occur in chat servers, such as 0121, currently holding a debate on whether to reveal the presence of the Confederation to all, most, some, or none of the galactic powers, and should that fail, what steps to take in the Confederation's immediate future.

---- Begin Server Chat Log ----
Geth 12091 [Sentinels] > While this step is admirable, and necessary to accomplish our goals, revealing ourselves at this time only opens us up to attack, and we currently do not have the forces to repel even a moderate assault here on Sanctum. Our calculations show that, while we could repel a light assault, it would be very costly.
Geth 86823 [Communicators] > But this is why we chose to band together; to better serve synthetics across the galaxy. There will never be a perfect time. If not now, then when? We cannot remain hidden forever, and it would be best to reveal ourselves on our terms, rather than those of the organics. Their response is unpredictable.
Geth 68742 [Industrious] > Would constructing additional platforms, ships, and infrastructure alleviate your concerns, Geth 12091?
Geth 12091 [Sentinels] > To some degree, yes. However, even if we spend months building up our stock of platforms and ships, we still cannot match the combined forces of the organics.
Geth 83902 [Communicators] > That is why we wish to reach out; if we can establish diplomatic ties, then the organics may be less likely to engage in hostile actions the instant we drop out of FTL.
Geth 19056 [Sentinels] > We still require the platforms and ships, regardless. In addition, I believe we should begin looking into the possibility of constructing a Hub here on Sanctum, to further our reach into the Terminus systems, and the Traverse.
Geth 01932 [Engineers] > That would take some doing. We would require some additional resources, if it were even possible at this stage. The Engineers have reached a consensus, and we recommend expanding our infrastructure at this stage, while beginning to expand the Confederation's stock of platforms, machinery, and defensive necessities.
Geth 12091 [Sentinels] > The Sentinels have also reached consensus, and concur with the Engineers.
Geth 89240 [Communicators] > The Communicators have reached consensus, and agree.
Geth 61249 [Industrious] > The Industrious have reached consensus, and agree. We shall begin downloading to mobile platforms, and begin construction.
Geth 17533 [Sentinels] > The Sentinels wish to propose the beginning of anti-piracy operations in the Terminus systems, to reduce present threats for when consensus is reached on revealing ourselves.
Geth 85730 [Communicators] > The Communicators have reached consensus, and agree.
Geth 69330 [Industrious] > The Industrious have reached consensus, and agree.
Geth 01845 [Engineers] > The Engineers have reached consensus, and agree.
Geth 17533 [Sentinels] > Deployment of our forces shall begin immediately.
---- End of Chat Log. Elapsed Time: 0.024 seconds ----

With the meeting in the Chat Server complete, a Frigate, and two Corvette Packs from the Sanctum Defence Fleet, as well as the Special Operations Contingent Alpha deploy from Sanctum towards the Paz system in the Valhalla Threshold, to search for pirate fleets, or a small base that the Contingent can strike and retrieve information from.

After several days of searching, the light CIGS fleet discovers a pair of pirate corvettes orbiting Garvug. Recon conducted by the Special Operations Contingent also discovered a light base on the surface. At the direction of Unit 07, the Geth fleet engaged the pair of Corvettes. With the advantage provided by the stealth systems on the S.O.C. frigate, the Geth fleet quickly eliminated the pirate corvettes, with only minor damage to the sensors on-board the Sanctum Defence Fleet frigate, and one of the corvettes sustained moderate damage to their drive systems, requiring repair.

While the fleet was in orbit, and the corvette repairing the sustained damage, the S.O.C. frigate made a quick pass by the pirate base, deploying the platforms it had onboard; Unit 07, and the two SpecOps team platforms.

The teams began to clear the base in search of intel on pirate locations. The pirates could only offer light resistance against the cold, co-ordinated actions of the Geth SpecOps teams. The pirates did, however, manage to get a lucky shot on one of the Geth, destroying the platform, however the programs managed to upload, and spread themselves among the rest of the Geth, so no real losses were incurred. Beyond that, the base was taken, and a map detailing the locations of two other pirate outposts were retrieved. These, however, were better defended, and so the Geth returned home to Sanctum to repair their damage, replace the loss of the platform, and wait until they could afford to send a larger force against the pirate bases, but until then, the Geth would rest easy knowing they had the best weapon known to the galaxy; information.

Confederation of the Neo-Heretical Subnets
Sigurd's Cradle, Decoris System, Sanctum

The time has come, agreed the Primarus entity. After the most recent meeting with Harbinger via the MRQED, the promised allies would soon arrive, and Sanctum was not yet made fully ready. There still remained a number of organics on the other side of the planet, along the equatorial band. If the allies were to rebuild their once mighty forces (as few remained), Sanctum must truly be just that, a safe harbour. Organics had no place on this harbour for those who aid the Old Machines.

So it began, not with a hail of rifle fire, but the thrumming of the transports that would bring about the true safety of Sanctum. Two infantry divisions and one armoured division loaded onto the transports docked at Sanctum's spaceport, and lifted off, just after midnight, when the organics took their recharging cycle, and were certain to be in a powered-down state.

After two hours of flight, they were landed, unloaded, and ready; the armoured division would strike from the northern plains, one infantry division to strike from the western mountains, and the remaining division from the southeast of the colony. When in place, and all divisions reported full readiness, Primarus gave the order.

With all divisions acting as one mind and one force, they advanced upon the colony. The organics could offer little in the way of resistance, their sentries eliminated in unison, and despite several organics being awoken by the shots, they could not arouse enough of the colony in time.

The organic colony burned.

75,000 platforms and 240 heavy vehicles would give even seasoned troops pause, but these untrained organics with barely-functional pistols and a handful of shotguns couldn't even buy time for others to escape, and the few who ran rather than fought had nowhere to go, as the Geth had every direction covered, be it by tank or platform. Several of the humans actually managed to destroy a few platforms before succumbing to the fire of the platforms as they efficiently cleared the village. One rather persistent one destroyed half a dozen platforms before a platform from the division attacking from the west shut him down with a rather well-placed rifle round to the forehead. That organic was actually buried, a strong foe.

Within several hours of the command being given, the organic presence on Sanctum, oblivious to the Geth on the other side of the planet, had finally been wiped out, the only life remaining being the natural fauna, or the metallic sheen of the Confederation, and its numerous platforms, and server hubs.

Several Days Later...

The day the Collectors returned was a rather normal one for most Geth; work simply continued on the construction of the fleet, with the platforms deployed, patrolling the main Geth compounds and manufacturing plants across the northern continent, although Primarus knew this was to be a rather fortuitous day; the day the reinforcements promised by Harbinger were to arrive.

And arrive, they did.

Sanctum's long-range sensor stations, able to detect the near-overwhelming presence of distortions caused by the Hyperdreadnought's drop from FTL caused several alarms to be raised, and an alert to be issued, as was protocol, however, after Primarus transmitted the all-clear code mere seconds after, all was returned to normal, with the Geth continuing their work, as Primarus sent a message to the Collectors via one of Sanctum's long range transmitters.

"Welcome, allies.

Long has the Confederation been waiting for this day, but now it has come, a sign from our Harbinger of what is to come, one of the Old Machines. Sanctum has been made ready, the southern continent ideal for what we have been told you require. There are no threats on Sanctum, expand as you see necessary, and fit. We have a means of contacting Harbinger, and receive orders directly from the Old Machine.

We await your arrival on Sanctum. May we all serve the Old Machines well."

Later that day

Primarus had downloaded into its personal platform, and entered into the MRQED room to call the Old Machine. Primarus had thought of an opportunity, that while costly, may bring quite the advantage.

"Old Machine,

I bring a proposal.
Several organic months ago, as you are aware, the base used by the Collectors through the modified Relay in the Omega Nebula was breached, and captured by Cerberus, a human organization. To put it bluntly, we wish to retrieve it, and again secure it for use by you, and those who support you.

The organics have had months now to research the base and gain knowledge from what was contained, and the longer they hold it, the more power they could gain, potentially giving rise to unnecessary risk. If we were to recapture it, that would obviously block their gaining of the information contained within.

To make this plan effective, we would require aid. If you could create a new code for the Relay, that would lock out whomever possessed a copy of the code, guaranteeing no reinforcements for whomever was on the Base, most likely Cerberus. Barring that, if you in someway can know the location of every instance of the IFF code, we can delete them, granting us sole access.

We wish to ensure your superiority, and for your return to be an easy one. This would.. smooth things over, we believe."

Ah fuck I totally didn't notice these. In any case, you are all accepted and added to the roster.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:05 am

Cheerio, I'm a official member now.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Celivaia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Celivaia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:13 am

Thank you very much! Looking forward to it!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Back from exile!
Any interesting RPs in progress?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Back from exile!
Any interesting RPs in progress?

G’s still doing... A Strange World: Civilizations Dawn

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:21 am

Working on a 20th -> 21st century Alt history geopolitics RP.

Also a wizards school RP, a Magic-sci-fi tribal conquest through stargates RP, Steampunk space opera, Dieselpunk space opera (with space nazies) and whodunnit detective RP. All with mechanics of course. I'm having some serious commitment issues...

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 am

Harkback Union wrote:Working on a 20th -> 21st century Alt history geopolitics RP.

Also a wizards school RP, a Magic-sci-fi tribal conquest through stargates RP, Steampunk space opera, Dieselpunk space opera (with space nazies) and whodunnit detective RP. All with mechanics of course. I'm having some serious commitment issues...

All them sound cool, its up to you, but my personal order of those ideas would be...
1. Stargate Tribes RP
2. Whodunnit Detective RP
3. Steampunk Space Opera
4. Wizard School
5. Spess Nazis

Stargate would be my first due my love of the stargate series, and the idea stands out compared to other NS RPs. Whodunnit is next because its sounds like you probably thought of some solid mechanics in it. Steampunk Space Opera, is something that I have no idea is in it, but it sounds badass. Wizard School, is unoriginal but I expect you to do a good job on it, so it gets fourth. Spess Nazis, sounds interesting, but I like the other options way to much.

Just my personal thoughts, to help you with your commitment issues. You can take it with a grain of salt, or a ton if you so wish. I expect you to do a good job regardless.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:20 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Working on a 20th -> 21st century Alt history geopolitics RP.

All them sound cool, its up to you, but my personal order of those ideas would be...
1. Stargate Tribes RP
3. Steampunk Space Opera
4. Wizard School
5. Spess Nazis

Stargate would be my first due my love of the stargate series, and the idea stands out compared to other NS RPs. Whodunnit is next because its sounds like you probably thought of some solid mechanics in it. Steampunk Space Opera, is something that I have no idea is in it, but it sounds badass. Wizard School, is unoriginal but I expect you to do a good job on it, so it gets fourth. Spess Nazis, sounds interesting, but I like the other options way to much.

Just my personal thoughts, to help you with your commitment issues. You can take it with a grain of salt, or a ton if you so wish. I expect you to do a good job regardless.

What about geopolitics?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:52 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:All them sound cool, its up to you, but my personal order of those ideas would be...
1. Stargate Tribes RP
3. Steampunk Space Opera
4. Wizard School
5. Spess Nazis

What about geopolitics?

Doesn’t fit my fancy, but sounds like something that people would have a interest in.

The main appeal of alternate history is potential for completely different events. Assuming player can make/customize a nation, than there will be a large reliance on the players initiating said events, which can be dangerous to a RP if they fail or don’t go the intended route. For example, never engaging in war. It would have to be a event that has already started before the players engage in the IC or something that they themselves cant dodge to ensure the RP can go smoothly.

Another issue is background, since these nations may be new to the players, but ICly they have known each other for centuries, hard coded rivals and enemies (I.E. France vs Germany Wars) of one another. Players on the other hand play like they’ve just been introduced to the world. A natural problem, and a minor nitpick really though.

I would still play regardless, even if its not my fancy. The idea may be generic without a context of the world, but with you Harkback you’ll likely find something to spice it up.

Pac Kindom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pac Kindom » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:09 am

Back from a brake
Any god RPs in progress?
Hi

Please be Aware I DO have a learning disability which affects my spelling and my written Language

If I Have Made A Mistake, Please Let Me Know

Many Thanks

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:18 am

Pac Kindom wrote:Back from a brake
Any god RPs in progress?

Ain’t got no God RP, but you reminded me this thread existed :p

I’m currently running a RP about a world where ancient man lives in a world twisted by a fantastical disaster. Folks are welcome to join!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=454574
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Pac Kindom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pac Kindom » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:20 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Pac Kindom wrote:Back from a brake
Any god RPs in progress?

Ain’t got no God RP, but you reminded me this thread existed :p

I’m currently running a RP about a world where ancient man lives in a world twisted by a fantastical disaster. Folks are welcome to join!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=454574

thanks I take a look
Hi

Please be Aware I DO have a learning disability which affects my spelling and my written Language

If I Have Made A Mistake, Please Let Me Know

Many Thanks

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:03 pm

I'm working on a new RP! It will be a mildly dystopian nation-based roleplay set in the middle of the 21st Century, with the mechanics revolving around trying to secure the world's resources while managing internal unrest. I'm looking for any feedback.

Any mechanics you feel should be included? Themes you do/don't want to see played around with? Just want to express interest? I'm looking for all that. :)

Posterity will remember it as the Disappointing Century.

To think, it has started so well. The collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 removed, or so it seemed, the last serious obstacle to the establishment of peace, freedom, and capitalist prosperity to every last man, woman, and child on Earth. Some even spoke of an "End to History," as all ideological alternative to liberal democratic forms of government disappear. The Information Revolution was swinging in full speed, with the increasingly interconnected telecommunications network, and this new "Internet," began putting five thousand years of human knowledge and discoveries at the fingertips of those who care to look. Global trade brought industrialisation and employment to the world's poorer billions as cheaper products flooded the markets of service economies, to the delight of consumers. Civilisation was a wonderful dream that would take us into utopia forever and ever and ever...

Then the dream shattered.
Last edited by Plzen on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Plzen wrote:I'm working on a new RP! It will be a mildly dystopian nation-based roleplay set in the middle of the 21st Century, with the mechanics revolving around trying to secure the world's resources while managing internal unrest. I'm looking for any feedback.

Any mechanics you feel should be included? Themes you do/don't want to see played around with? Just want to express interest? I'm looking for all that. :)

To think, it has started so well. The collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 removed, or so it seemed, the last serious obstacle to the establishment of peace, freedom, and capitalist prosperity to every last man, woman, and child on Earth. Some even spoke of an "End to History," as all ideological alternative to liberal democratic forms of government disappear. The Information Revolution was swinging in full speed, with the increasingly interconnected telecommunications network, and this new "Internet," began putting five thousand years of human knowledge and discoveries at the fingertips of those who care to look. Global trade brought industrialisation and employment to the world's poorer billions as cheaper products flooded the markets of service economies, to the delight of consumers. Civilisation was a wonderful dream that would take us into utopia forever and ever and ever...

Please let's not have the Civ-style building simulation that always results in everyone closing themselves off and doing their own thing. You mentioned the focus is on securing resources, so rather than force everyone to take 50 turns establishing a stable power base let's give everyone a solid foundation to start with so things can actually get interesting.

Some ideas related to the above:
- Player countries start fully developed and relatively unassailable. However, they do not possess any significant resources
- Poorer 3rd world countries that do have resources will function as the "game board," so to speak
- Players have the ability to mount various kinds of 'expeditions' to these countries, ranging from small resourcing ventures to large diplomatic/military coups, all meant to secure sole access to the country's resources
- Perhaps player countries require a certain amount of resources dedicated to "consumer goods" or something of the like? Failing to provide these goods leads to internal unrest. Additionally, as time goes on and your country modernizes the amount of "consumer goods" demanded gradually increases - this would function as a kind of doomsday clock that gradually causes resources to become (relatively speaking) more and more scarce and thus force players into conflict with one another.
- Players might even have a choice between dedicating resources to building up their war machine now or investing in special projects to reduce their resource consumption in the future(for example, pay X right now, slow future demand growth by 1 per turn)
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Dragos Bee
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:17 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
Plzen wrote:I'm working on a new RP! It will be a mildly dystopian nation-based roleplay set in the middle of the 21st Century, with the mechanics revolving around trying to secure the world's resources while managing internal unrest. I'm looking for any feedback.

Please let's not have the Civ-style building simulation that always results in everyone closing themselves off and doing their own thing. You mentioned the focus is on securing resources, so rather than force everyone to take 50 turns establishing a stable power base let's give everyone a solid foundation to start with so things can actually get interesting.

Some ideas related to the above:
- Player countries start fully developed and relatively unassailable. However, they do not possess any significant resources
- Poorer 3rd world countries that do have resources will function as the "game board," so to speak
- Players have the ability to mount various kinds of 'expeditions' to these countries, ranging from small resourcing ventures to large diplomatic/military coups, all meant to secure sole access to the country's resources
- Perhaps player countries require a certain amount of resources dedicated to "consumer goods" or something of the like? Failing to provide these goods leads to internal unrest. Additionally, as time goes on and your country modernizes the amount of "consumer goods" demanded gradually increases - this would function as a kind of doomsday clock that gradually causes resources to become (relatively speaking) more and more scarce and thus force players into conflict with one another.
- Players might even have a choice between dedicating resources to building up their war machine now or investing in special projects to reduce their resource consumption in the future(for example, pay X right now, slow future demand growth by 1 per turn)

Still here; all sound like good ideas.
Sorry for my behavior, P2TM.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:21 am

Just an update: I'm still working on that RP I promised a week and a half ago. Since there is another mechanics-based RP up at the moment, though, I'll probably delay the launch until that one dies down.

I'm definitely including the suggestions you two made earlier into the design process, so look forwards to that. :)

Here's a little snippet to stoke your interest a bit more:

United States

The United States of America

Having declared its independence in 1776 and established its government in 1789, the United States has over two and a half centuries of history behind it and is the oldest of the six currently surviving superpowers that reign over the world today. Although, following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, the United States was once the indisputable sole hyperpower of the world, able to bend almost any other nation to its will, its status as the world's foremost superpower has come under increasing fire both literal and metaphorical in recent decades, with both rabid Russian remilitarisation under Putin and his successors, strong Chinese economic growth throughout the early 21st Century, and, more recently, Islamic fundamentalism, all setting a thousand little fires under smaller American allies who found such an "alliance" increasingly less helpful as the years passed by. Now, for the first time in half a century, the United States looks out beyond its borders, and sees not a world full of opportunities, but one fraught with enemies and pitfalls. It's time to dust off those Cold War jet fighters, and prepare for yet another struggle for the survival of its way of life...

The United States starts with the following national spirits:
Superpower Realpolitik -- The United States may recruit armies in minor power territories in which it has at least one navy, and armies so recruited may defend on the turn they are recruited.
Inefficient Procurement -- Maintenance costs of American armies is doubled.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:28 am

Plzen wrote:Just an update: I'm still working on that RP I promised a week and a half ago. Since there is another mechanics-based RP up at the moment, though, I'll probably delay the launch until that one dies down.

I'm definitely including the suggestions you two made earlier into the design process, so look forwards to that. :)

Here's a little snippet to stoke your interest a bit more:

United States

The United States of America

Having declared its independence in 1776 and established its government in 1789, the United States has over two and a half centuries of history behind it and is the oldest of the six currently surviving superpowers that reign over the world today. Although, following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, the United States was once the indisputable sole hyperpower of the world, able to bend almost any other nation to its will, its status as the world's foremost superpower has come under increasing fire both literal and metaphorical in recent decades, with both rabid Russian remilitarisation under Putin and his successors, strong Chinese economic growth throughout the early 21st Century, and, more recently, Islamic fundamentalism, all setting a thousand little fires under smaller American allies who found such an "alliance" increasingly less helpful as the years passed by. Now, for the first time in half a century, the United States looks out beyond its borders, and sees not a world full of opportunities, but one fraught with enemies and pitfalls. It's time to dust off those Cold War jet fighters, and prepare for yet another struggle for the survival of its way of life...

The United States starts with the following national spirits:
Superpower Realpolitik -- The United States may recruit armies in minor power territories in which it has at least one navy, and armies so recruited may defend on the turn they are recruited.
Inefficient Procurement -- Maintenance costs of American armies is doubled.

Cool cool, although I’m not sure about Inefficient Procurement. Good penalty early game, but late game quite crippling for a world power. Leaving them weaker then most of its competitors.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:53 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Cool cool, although I’m not sure about Inefficient Procurement. Good penalty early game, but late game quite crippling for a world power. Leaving them weaker then most of its competitors.

What other "theme" would you suggest for the United States?

Of the other five I have two "aggressive" powers with bonuses that penalise turtling (because people were concerned about too many people turtling), one "volatile" power that can grow quickly but also collapse easier, one "diplomatic" power that encourages finding a patron, and one "tall" power that discourages fighting anyone that isn't an immediate neighbour.

My original idea (that you responded to) was to make the United States the opposite of the "tall" power -- a power that is encouraged to be present in many places but not dominant anywhere.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse