NATION

PASSWORD

The Azadistani - Munkchester War [OOC] [MT?] [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

South Harlonia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:09 am

Lmfao you basically troll name me, then ban me from the OOC thread when I prove you wrong then claim because I'm the one who needs to calm down? Nice projection, kid. Im sure if Azadistan gave you some sort of permission to decide his cannon for him he would have explained it to us and ended the conversation right there. But Azadistan didn't retcon it (I think), you did. Which is a god-mod. But the point is that Azadistan controls his cannon not you.

ROFL who made this angry dude OP of the OOC thread anyways?

Mandakhstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:26 am

South Harlonia wrote:Lmfao you basically troll name me, then ban me from the OOC thread when I prove you wrong then claim because I'm the one who needs to calm down? Nice projection, kid. Im sure if Azadistan gave you some sort of permission to decide his cannon for him he would have explained it to us and ended the conversation right there. But Azadistan didn't retcon it (I think), you did. Which is a god-mod. But the point is that Azadistan controls his cannon not you.

ROFL who made this angry dude OP of the OOC thread anyways?

He did. A shame the OP can't make his own thread for OOC matters (hint hint)

Mecklenburg-Cispomerania
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mecklenburg-Cispomerania » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:01 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:On that subject Mecklenberg can I just check with you how far your submarines have travelled in the direction of Azadistan? I'd be surprised if they've arrived that near already?

On that subject, how long does everybody think this RP's been going on for? I'm currently estimating about a day.

I think the only real problem here is our perception of how time has passed. You think it's been 24 hours, I think it's been a much longer span of time (like, at least a week) since the RP has started, because given all the events that have occurred a longer time-span than one day seems infinitely more reasonable. It'd be a bit ludicrous if people created a millions-strong botnet in a manner of hours to attack your banks, no?
Mecklenburg-Cispomerania is Muslim. No, this is not a commentary on the European Union's immigration policies. I just lost a bet and was told to have my nation's people convert to Islam because it was funny or something.

South Harlonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 am

Mandakhstan wrote:He did. A shame the OP can't make his own thread for OOC matters (hint hint)

Thats how I thought it was supposed to work. OP of the IC makes OP of the OOC unless it relates to a tangent or shared thread

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:00 am

First, I doubt this is news to any of you, but please do bear in mind that you’re mostly RPing with a few people in this RP. I’m trying to RP with all of you, and I currently have less time than any of you, so this is going to be a bit slow.

I shall have some more time next week. In the meantime these are a few glimpses of bones from skeletons of answers. If you could have a go at putting them together yourselves, that would demonstrate an intelligence that surpasses your abilities to be repetitive.

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:There is no way to tell a packet part of the cyberattack from a legitimate request to access, in case you want to somehow retain regular access to people of those nations to not tank your economy.

I presume you’ve heard of a thing called a phone. And for that matter ID verification. You probably don’t appreciate it can also be done by signalling to the air (and was indeed used for vote counting last election).

The reason this has little economic effect is that these days most international Commonwealth trade has been substituted by the Panessos Free Trade Zone, although with open borders international market pressures continue to apply. This is a direct result of the unreliability of most of the international community, which is well documented. Furthermore the Commonwealth anticipates the general likelihood of such actions and sets aside an allowance (aid) for them. In short, it’s because of the past actions of nations like yours that the actions of nations like yours have little effect on the Aestorian economy these days.

Beringia, I recognize my answers are short. A laser does not have to be high powered to signal like a torch. I have revealed everything else that I have so far revealed about the E-wing in post. And as for your final question I have already revealed everything else that I have so far revealed about the interconnectors in my other posts. Need I go into the architecture of the system, or can you please work out the rest yourself?

And South Harlonia, you’re posting when I banned you. And the reason I’m OP is that Azadistan so commanded, possibly as I was the only one being reasonable in my dealings with Azadistan. I am only present here with Azadistan’s consent.

Mecklenburg, I thought most countries had prepared botnets?
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:34 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:The reason this has little economic effect is that these days most international Commonwealth trade has been substituted by the Panessos Free Trade Zone, although with open borders international market pressures continue to apply. This is a direct result of the unreliability of most of the international community, which is well documented.

alright but,
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:The Commonwealth would like to note a wider war would be disruptive to its trade, especially with major trading partners in the Panessos Free Trade Zone, Reichsburg Free Trade area, the Western Atlantic; if such trade was interrupted the Commonwealth and its allies would be compelled to take any such war to its enemies to strangle their economies and political willpower as necessary to restore peace.

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:TECT, Ausitoria trades/manages trade with everyone who hasn't managed to ban it. So back in mid-2015, before you made your recent decision, it's pretty much certain there'd have been some miniscule quantity of direct/indirect trade.

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Given that Ausitoria is fast ceasing to exist except as a philosophical construct, the ability for Ausitoria to evade restrictions is approaching infinite. You would virtually have to block all foreign trade to have any successful chance of stopping Ausitoria.

[confused nick young.jpg]

(Before 'offset trade' as referenced in quote 3 is brought up, the proxy nations used in such a concept are implied to not be restricted by that barrier and remain feasible bases for attacks.)

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Furthermore the Commonwealth anticipates the general likelihood of such actions and sets aside an allowance (aid) for them.

Too bad for you the Sinkom also anticipates the likelihood of certain situations where it conducts operations in not exactly being what most of the world works as, so it specifically has a department researching on the target and correcting the course of action as necessary. This is due to the tendency for nations in the world to be ridiculously isolationist in some cases, which is well documented. Any hurdles to its actions IC therefore are filled up like holes and thus not constrained by lack of research by the player beforehand when making the post.

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:In the meantime these are a few glimpses of bones from skeletons of answers. If you could have a go at putting them together yourselves, that would demonstrate an intelligence that surpasses your abilities to be repetitive.

If you could have a go at actually responding to questions properly and clearly instead of playing some puzzle game we in fact do not have time for either, that would demonstrate a helpfulness that surpasses your abilities to be pretentious.
SINKRETIČKI KOMBINAT - "SINKOM"

South Harlonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:35 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Furthermore the Commonwealth anticipates the general likelihood of such actions and sets aside an allowance (aid) for them.
So like what Harlonia did to your alliance by taking money from themselves and giving it back to themselves?
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:If you could have a go at putting them together yourselves, that would demonstrate an intelligence that surpasses your abilities to be repetitive.
Listen, a word of advice kid. Lots of people on nationstates think they are the smartest, strongest, coolest, most original intellectual military & economic mastermind. You aren't unique or even uncommon for that matter. This is a game where people can make up stats on a whim so in effect everyone is equal when anyone can just randomly decide how strong their nation is. Try and drop the pompous egotistical "I'm smarter than you" act, cut the meaningless jargon attempt to make yourself look more intelligent (its a bluff that isn't working), and lose the hot-headed attitude. Maybe if you try that, then you will see people are more likely to get along with you.

Greater Carloso
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Greater Carloso » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:52 pm

I'm interested in joining this RP at the moment. Can I still join or am I too late to the party?
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF CARLOSO
"Nation, sovereignty, unity"
SACTO SUPREME | 3rd place in Baptism of Fire 68 | RTC NEWS
MT (2024)

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:46 am

I have no intention to encourage any more participants, but it’s not my decision.

Harlonia, I’m not acting, I’m busy. Since you can’t understand that I’m banning you from my thread for good. At least then I’ll have a chance to catch up with those of you capable of sticking to the point.

And since you still haven’t even considered any of my questions, preferring to attack my character and make trouble, I’m also ignoring you ICly.

@Sinkretichki. You have spotted the beginning of my point. Let me explain how those statements are not contradictory, now that I have some time. For ease of reference I’ll use numbers.

1. The first thing for me to explain is that the Ausitorian market operates with two forms of trade: actual and theoretical.

2. Now, in RL one of the advantages of trade is thar it forces nations to compete on the world stage, ensuring efficient adoption of new ideas and methods. As it happens, it is not necessary for such trade to actually exist; the threat is enough.

3. Ausitoria does do a great deal of internal trade between its states, which specialize like a world in minature - in much the same way as the British Empire coped well in the interwar tariff years, Ausitoria is similarly capable of being self-sufficient if it has too. It also trades considerably with select other states. (It used to be more internationally inclusive, until SACTO managed to strike a blow against capitalism).

4. Nowadays Ausitoria uses those states which trade with nations it does not directly trade with by trading with them. They then trade abroad. For instance Ausitoria might export Kiving Salmon to Ghant, and the same quantity of Ghantish salmon might be exported to TECT. This is how Ausitoria selects states for point 3.

5. The upshot of the factors 2-4 is that as long as trade with secure markets is not impeded, there is not much impact to trade, as there is not much broader international trade to target.

6. I’m running out of time again, but any further questions would be welcome.

Finally, I haven’t been playing a game; I have been busy. If you complain once more about that you’ll go the same way as Harlonia with respect to me. There needs to be more respect for the idea that people can have a life beyond nationstates. I acknowledge I have been short with everyone. That is what happens when you are short of time, and boy I have been busy until now. Hopefully I’ll be able to redress the situation in the coming days and weeks. (I’m still busy now, but less so).

I would like to thank everyone who has had more patience. It is much appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Munkchester
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkchester » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:10 am

Are we seriously doing this invasion / blockade shit again? Because every time Azadistan's tried to attack Munkchester they've been absolutely massacred.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
Geordie city-state

Pro: Levellers, Agreement of the People
Anti: Grandees, Royalists, Oliver Cromwell

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:19 am

@Liberaria and Ausitoria: Are you out of Azadistan yet and are they independent yet?
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:58 am

Mostly yes and yes. The evacuation includes Rhinocera and peacekeepers and civilians desiring safe exit.

There is still a force in the north-west prosecuting the war agaimst remnants of Munkchester’s northwest invasion, although only until Munkchester recants slavery. There are no ground troops involved.

Um, if people can clarify if they’re calling off attacks against Ausitoria that would be helpful, just so I know I can leave writing about them until last - I think it’s reasonable for me to focus on those still wanting to fight first.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Beringia
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:First, I doubt this is news to any of you, but please do bear in mind that you’re mostly RPing with a few people in this RP. I’m trying to RP with all of you, and I currently have less time than any of you, so this is going to be a bit slow.

I shall have some more time next week. In the meantime these are a few glimpses of bones from skeletons of answers. If you could have a go at putting them together yourselves, that would demonstrate an intelligence that surpasses your abilities to be repetitive.

RPing is built on communication and mutual respect, not nonasnwers, evasion, and snark. I've thoughtfully and thoroughly answered your questions, as have the others in this thread, yet you refuse to give us the same consideration. There's nothing to put together because you haven't provided any answers. "I have already revealed everything else that I have so far revealed" is barely a thought and that's pretty much the standard of 'answers' you've provided. On the off chance you give something more we often need followup questions just to understand that. And if it's about time we all have lives too, and things that occupy them outside of NS. You stringing us along with nonanswers to clear and concise questions shows a lack of respect for our time.

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Beringia, I recognize my answers are short. A laser does not have to be high powered to signal like a torch. I have revealed everything else that I have so far revealed about the E-wing in post. And as for your final question I have already revealed everything else that I have so far revealed about the interconnectors in my other posts. Need I go into the architecture of the system, or can you please work out the rest yourself?
Go ahead and go into the architecture of the system, I don't mind. Jargon would be more intelligible to me.

Once more...
Old Beringia wrote:Question 1:
Where are your E-Wings flying?

Question 2:
Do you have stats for it?

"I have already revealed everything else that I have so far revealed" [in other words] No

Question 3:
And what exactly are your F-70's? Do you have stats for it?

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Beringia, the only question I didn‘t provide with some sort of answer was whether I had any stats. The F-70 is in Halcyon arms.

Question 4:
What kind of laser is it?

"A laser does not have to be high powered to signal like a torch" [in other words] It's not high powered

Why not just tell me what it is instead of what it isn't?

Question 5:
Why are you randomly shooting lasers around with your other planes nearby anyway? How are you not blinding your own pilots?

Question 6
How exactly does the 'Electric Moat' prevent Beringian intelligence agents, who are using Austorian IP ranges, from communicating with Austorians and Azadistanis on foreign and indigenous networks, such as facebook?

"I have already revealed everything else that I have so far revealed about the interconnectors in my other posts" [in other words] Nothing

And just so I'm clear. Are you using lasers or radar for detection. It's not exactly clear
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:They then trade abroad. For instance Ausitoria might export Kiving Salmon to Ghant, and the same quantity of Ghantish salmon might be exported to TECT.

TECT has made it quite clear they want absolutely nothing to do with you, do not acknowledge your existence, and wish to ignore you. They do not wish to participate in roleplay with you in any way, by-proxy or otherwise. Players are entirely entitled to unilaterally ignore the existence of other players and their In-Character entities. Do not, in the future, presume or seek to involve yourself with the aforementioned player. I suggest you add them to your Foe List.

If you persist after this point in attempts to try and force another player who clearly does not wish to interact with you or to have any dealings with you - direct, presumed, implied, or otherwise - we will be forced to escalate our actions accordingly.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Hello,

How is everyone? Hope everyone is doing well and having a great time storytelling in the International Incidents sub-forum.

I have noticed that there has been a mention of "Yohannes" in the in character post, made in a way that connected The Azadistani Incident (in character event and thread) with my nation on NationStates the website: [ viewtopic.php?p=34194761#p34194761 ]

While I'm flattered with the mention, I wish to take no part in this whole thing (both out of character and in character), and I do hope (with all my heart) that my name can be left out of this whole thing. While it is true that I am interacting (both out of character and in character) with Azadistan-land of the free through one of my alternate accounts (in Azadistan-land of the free's region), Libraria and Ausitoria I hope that you can remove my main nation's canon/storyline/name, i.e. "Yohannes", from that in character post? That would be lovely Libraria and Ausitoria

The reason is because I storytell and worldbuild in a realistic modern technology setting, and this thread (as it stands, with the Halcyon Arms/Pharthan flying airships, lizards, railguns, etc.) would violate my realistic modern technology canon/storyline (very much). I respect this thread and I (very much) respect everyone involved in this thread (including Libraria and Ausitoria), but Libraria and Ausitoria, if it would be okay for me to ask for my name to be removed from that in character post (linked above), that would be lovely (as I do not want to be mentioned in the in character thread, if that would be okay?)

I hope that I have not offended anyone with this post.

Thank you and God Bless,
E and Y
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:15 pm

We're going through quite a length to justify immunity from a billion-bot DDOS here, but still nothing yet precludes that the proxy nations you're using in such a model can be infected and from there bots attack, which is a measure that would be taken as necessary by my aforementioned strategic corrections bureau. The players behind those nations you mention might not consent to this but neither have they to the relevance of them in this thread (demonstrated so by two people explicitly) so the reasonability is on equal footing.

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:16 am

Yohannes wrote:Hello,

How is everyone? Hope everyone is doing well and having a great time storytelling in the International Incidents sub-forum.

I have noticed that there has been a mention of "Yohannes" in the in character post, made in a way that connected The Azadistani Incident (in character event and thread) with my nation on NationStates the website: [ viewtopic.php?p=34194761#p34194761 ]

While I'm flattered with the mention, I wish to take no part in this whole thing (both out of character and in character), and I do hope (with all my heart) that my name can be left out of this whole thing. While it is true that I am interacting (both out of character and in character) with Azadistan-land of the free through one of my alternate accounts (in Azadistan-land of the free's region), Libraria and Ausitoria I hope that you can remove my main nation's canon/storyline/name, i.e. "Yohannes", from that in character post? That would be lovely Libraria and Ausitoria

The reason is because I storytell and worldbuild in a realistic modern technology setting, and this thread (as it stands, with the Halcyon Arms/Pharthan flying airships, lizards, railguns, etc.) would violate my realistic modern technology canon/storyline (very much). I respect this thread and I (very much) respect everyone involved in this thread (including Libraria and Ausitoria), but Libraria and Ausitoria, if it would be okay for me to ask for my name to be removed from that in character post (linked above), that would be lovely (as I do not want to be mentioned in the in character thread, if that would be okay?)

I hope that I have not offended anyone with this post.

Thank you and God Bless,
E and Y

Your here, Lamoni is here, Allanea is here, I’m here. Hell, if we get Pharthan and like 2-3 other guys/gals we’ve got the backbone of the GE&T arms industry making an appearance. More seriously, I doubt you’ve offended anyone. Your actually giving this thread to much credit, it’s a bonafide shit show. This stuff has gotten so ridiculous we have megacroc splashing aircraft carriers. No one can blame you for wanting to be as far away as possible from this.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:18 am

Just so we are clear, and in context of this situation:

1. I am not allied with Libraria and Ausitoria, and if anything my nation and L&A have somewhat strained IC relations beyond the facts that are going to be explained below.

2. Libraria and Ausitoria is explicitly (and in great detail) roleplayed to be a member of the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement, which is a group of over 100 nations which are, in-character, all having free trade with each other. Certainly it would be unreasonable for nations that do not have previously RPed any trade relations with L&A to claim they can affect its economy in a significantly more damaging way than the countries with it actually has explicitly roleplayed trade to some extent. To argue that your 'trade embargo' can seriously affect the economy of a country which is not previously RPed having trade with you, but which has previously RPed extensive trade negotiations about entering a trade area with over 100 members – i.e. that your previously non-RPed trade is somehow more important to the nation's economy than it's other actually RPed trade partners is an interesting and unusual interpretation of trade roleplaying.

3. Again, Allanea has no brief to carry for Libraria and Austioria, nor for Azadistan, whose behavior my nation's diplomats view as…. extremely irresponsible to put it mildly. But that said I'd like to be tangentially involved in the thread.

So I'd like to do some things and I hope they'll not be very disruptive.

1. I would like to possibly give some armaments to Ausitoria in the context of helping it fight Beringia and other slavery-endorsing powers. I'm not sure how it will go with Munkchester, who's suggested he'd prefer to have peace with me and abolish his slave trade, but has yet to post.

2. I'd like to carry out some attacks against Beringian shipping and possibly its warships, possibly as false-flag attacks. I'd like this to be however carried out with minimal OOC misunderstanding.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:30 am

Allanea wrote:To argue that your 'trade embargo' can seriously affect the economy of a country which is not previously RPed having trade with you, but which has previously RPed extensive trade negotiations about entering a trade area with over 100 members – i.e. that your previously non-RPed trade is somehow more important to the nation's economy than it's other actually RPed trade partners is an interesting and unusual interpretation of trade roleplaying.

No one is embargoing as the main part of their action to my knowledge, the dispute was over the mass cyberattacks which 2ria obstructed via some sort of firewall which would have to close his nation off from much of the world, so it's not so much of having deep economic ties with 2ria as finding a country that just isn't blocked by said firewall.
Last edited by Sinkretichki Kombinat on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 am

Yohannes, your wish is my command, but just to check first, I’m ignoring the lizard too for the same reasons, we’re also still not clear on the railgun, and then don’t you expect future Yohannes to trade with future Ausitoria? So if I made it clear by disclaimer that I’m referring to a Yohannes in the future, would that be alright by you? I simply prefer not to alter anything I’ve written by any more than absolutely necessary.

But if that wouldn’t suit, as I said, your wish is my command. I have every intention to respect other people’s canon as they respect mine.

Kyrusia wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:They then trade abroad. For instance Ausitoria might export Kiving Salmon to Ghant, and the same quantity of Ghantish salmon might be exported to TECT.

TECT has made it quite clear they want absolutely nothing to do with you, do not acknowledge your existence, and wish to ignore you. They do not wish to participate in roleplay with you in any way, by-proxy or otherwise. Players are entirely entitled to unilaterally ignore the existence of other players and their In-Character entities.

Kyrusia, it is not and has never been my intention to force RPing with TECT nor force him or anyone to do anything other than ignore me.

From my understanding (and please correct me if I’m wrong) TECT cannot control my canon any more than I can control his.

First, TECT cannot force me to change Ausitoria’s history any more than I can insist he recognizes that history. An Ignore Canon is a statement that one side, and all the companies and parties under its control, ignores the other side; but it does not prevent the other side from continuing to pay attention - I am not forced to apply an ignore canon against TECT myself. If Yohannes ignored Ausitoria for any reason and caused another global recession I would RP that recession being played out in Ausitoria. That would not stop Yohannes’ canon from ignoring and excluding Ausitoria.

Second, I have never said there is any trade between Ausitoria and TECT nor handled by Ausitoria, but TECT cannot prevent Ausitoria from trading with Ghant or Flardania or Yohannes or Allanea or Knootoss or Mizrad or Excalbia or Symphonia or any other third parties. As such it follows that if TECT wants to be insulated from the effects of Ausitorian supply and demand TECT will have to become communist. Someone - I neither know who nor care who - will step in to relieve Ghant of an oversupply of salmon in my example.

On the first point, I recognize there is the possibility for confusion when I go around stating Ausitorian canon, as people might think TECT agrees with it, whereas I recognize and respect his right to disagree with it and ignore it, and would be happy to facilitate it. Would it be appropriate for me to issue a disclaimer that TECT’s canon ignores Ausitoria, but not vice-versa, whenever such confusion might arise?

Thirdly, continuing the first point, as I’ve said here before, I don’t know whether anybody here in this thread can use Cuscy’s weapons (or propaganda art) as I think Cuscy also has decided to ignore Ausitoria. Of course the converse is not true, and I’m happy to accept them in my canon, but I’m not sure Cuscy thinks his weapons are in the same canon. As such perhaps Beringia and the Veliki Koperativni Kombina also need to add a similar disclaimer?

Also, if it would help, would a mod like to set up a thread for us to work through how to ensure everybody’s canon is respected?

Once we’ve settled the overarching questions of canon I’ll provide fuller replies regarding everything else.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zargehestan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Zargehestan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Thirdly, continuing the first point, as I’ve said here before, I don’t know whether anybody here in this thread can use Cuscy’s weapons (or propaganda art) as I think Cuscy also has decided to ignore Ausitoria. Of course the converse is not true, and I’m happy to accept them in my canon, but I’m not sure Cuscy thinks his weapons are in the same canon. As such perhaps Beringia and the Veliki Koperativni Kombina also need to add a similar disclaimer?

I would like to state again that I have full permission from Cuscy OOCly to use his weapons in this RP, whether or not he thinks that your canons are separate. As for his propaganda art, it was simply designed by Cuscy specifically for the Combine.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:35 am

Then the question arises, is there any TECT money in Cuscutlan’s weapons manufacturers? Or has TECT ever effected SACTO ever effecting Cuscatlan’s strategy ever effecting Cuscatlan’s designs?

(Edit: I recognize this line of questioning could get absurd. That is my intention: to demonstrate that unless you recognize quite how interconnected the canon of major RPers is, the rules are absurd, and the only rule worth following is to try to be nice by respecting every RPer’s ability to choose their own canon.

Of course this may be wrong, but I shall think it right until proved otherwise).
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 am

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:
Allanea wrote:To argue that your 'trade embargo' can seriously affect the economy of a country which is not previously RPed having trade with you, but which has previously RPed extensive trade negotiations about entering a trade area with over 100 members – i.e. that your previously non-RPed trade is somehow more important to the nation's economy than it's other actually RPed trade partners is an interesting and unusual interpretation of trade roleplaying.

No one is embargoing as the main part of their action to my knowledge, the dispute was over the mass cyberattacks which 2ria obstructed via some sort of firewall which would have to close his nation off from much of the world, so it's not so much of having deep economic ties with 2ria as finding a country that just isn't blocked by said firewall.

Countries have had the Internet disconnect entirely or lost internet access for days and haven't had their economy end. No doubt this war would be over within days and Ausitoria's economy will return to normal.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:45 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Yohannes, your wish is my command, but just to check first, I’m ignoring the lizard too for the same reasons, we’re also still not clear on the railgun, and then don’t you expect future Yohannes to trade with future Ausitoria? So if I made it clear by disclaimer that I’m referring to a Yohannes in the future, would that be alright by you? I simply prefer not to alter anything I’ve written by any more than absolutely necessary.

But if that wouldn’t suit, as I said, your wish is my command. I have every intention to respect other people’s canon as they respect mine.

Hello Libraria and Ausitoria,

First of all, I am neutral (hopefully I am); I don't know the story of what's happening here.

I am open minded and I am okay/happy with people mentioning my fictional nation state on NationStates in their out of character and in character posts. Previous opening posters had done this (e.g. Allanea, Caracasus, Great Nifon/New Aeyariss, Radiatia, etc.); and I myself had done that as well a lot of times (i.e. mention other players' in character nations in my in character posts).

But from quickly browsing the out of character thread (the thing that first caught my attention was when Radiatia was mentioned by Azadistan-land of the free), I can see that there have been out of character debates happening for a wee while now (which is okay by the way; I am not here to disrupt the fun everyone is having in this storyline), and, you are such a great player and I am totally okay with all the in character connection we have (e.g. trade, diplomacy, etc.).

But, and I hope I didn't offend you, when I say that I am not comfortable with being quoted in this in character thread (and that I will not acknowledge the existence of this whole war in terms of my connection with you). I am okay with cross technology relationship/mixing (I have been mentioned by The Scandinvans [NS MT/PMT] in The Scandinvans' war with Greater dienstad, for instance); but that was a thread where both sides are happy with the flow of the storyline (so there was no arguments and unhappy feelings).

I am really really really sorry for this (I apologise if I have offended you...), but I just don't feel comfortable with being connected with this thread (by being quoted in your in character post). I don't feel comfortable with some of the things you have done with regard to things connected with this thread. But ultimately I know that that is your play style and I respect that. It's not you; it's me. I am so sorry and you are such a great person but I just don't want feel comfortable with being mentioned in this thread and I hope I didn't offend you? You are a great person.

I hope you're having fun with this International Incidents thread with your friends in this International Incidents thread. This will be my last post in the out of character thread.

Thank you and God Bless.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 am

Ok, no worries. [Edit: Done & fixed.]

Allanea wrote:
Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:No one is embargoing as the main part of their action to my knowledge, the dispute was over the mass cyberattacks which 2ria obstructed via some sort of firewall which would have to close his nation off from much of the world, so it's not so much of having deep economic ties with 2ria as finding a country that just isn't blocked by said firewall.

Countries have had the Internet disconnect entirely or lost internet access for days and haven't had their economy end. No doubt this war would be over within days and Ausitoria's economy will return to normal.

Indeed in this particular case the local internet is working absolutely fine; and it's not impossible for other business to be done without internet, or where specially authorized. For instance a foreign bank could make arrangements over the phone to be routed into connection with the Ausitorian internet with a special password.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents