NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] RP Harassment

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Report] RP Harassment

Postby Common Territories » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Hello. I'd like to report a case of harassment by a user. To make the story short, this player has claimed they have IC trade with pretty much everyone in existence and when I and others said we don't/wont accept them into our canon, they insist they do trade with us no matter how much we refute it; regardless if it's financial aid they sent us but took back, or second-hand trade with people we trade with but not them, there's no end to arguments from him. Said person has a bad history of name dropping us (SACTO) even though we're supposed to not be acknowledging each other, and these namedrops are typically outright lies and go against our wishes to remain apart from each other's canon. Today, however, this person's latest act of ignoring my wishes to remain outside their canon and not trade with them has hit my tolerance limit: viewtopic.php?p=34211190#p34211190

Now we've had at least basic terms between everyone to essentially ignore each other and not bring the other party up (both SACTO and I with 2ria), but 2ria keeps insisting on bringing us up and we're frankly sick of it. I myself am tired of his "I trade with you no matter what" argument and no matter how many times I've told him we're not trading and we don't share canon/IC relations, he just ignores it and pushes the point anyways. It's years later and he's once again claiming it and im sick of this level of harassment even though we've kept our part in playing nice by not mentioning him or antagonizing him.

This is the oldest example of me telling him we do not trade, I don't accept his trade, and his canon with me doesn't exist. And just to note, the Mentor Team was informed a few times after this post of the situation and action was reportedly taken a few times with the said person behind TGs: viewtopic.php?p=27621495#p27621495

This is the second example of my statements happening hours later: viewtopic.php?p=27621651#p27621651

And this is the culmination of tensions weeks later where I also mention us not trading, and he's reporting me for just mentioning him: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=403151

All I want is for this stupid argument to end. As a player I should have the right to control my canon, and if that means denying people blanket trade canon when I don't want said canon, it should be rational the other party respects that. I can't begin to explain why 2ria wants trade with me (truth be told, I know why but im not going to dredge that up) so damn bad, but the fact I've denied such canon for years now should be respected - the fact it's not is ridiculous. The fact 2ria keeps name dropping us (SACTO and its members) regularly and we keep turning the other cheek needs to stop. We don't go around the forum dropping his name and spreading biased statements, and it'd be nice if the other party kept their side of the agreement and did the same. Im ending this ridiculous trend here and now with this report. I want this forced canon bullshit to end and I want to make it clear for this person he can't force players into sharing a canon when they don't want to; I do not trade with him, I will never trade with him, and trying to get sloppy seconds trade with me isn't gonna pass muster. And if he wants to keep talking shit about us on the forum, I as SACTO's Admin will take action to report every single case I see until they see it's not longer a viable option. Thank you.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Looking into this. One moment.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Addressed. SACTO is an In-Character organization, not a player; mere mention of such is not actionable. It has been made plainly clear, however, that you do not wish to be involved with the reported player - actually or by mere implication. If this sort of behavior continues, let us know. Beyond this, I recommend adding the player in question to your Foe List.
[KYRU]

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Kyrusia wrote:Addressed. SACTO is an In-Character organization, not a player; mere mention of such is not actionable. It has been made plainly clear, however, that you do not wish to be involved with the reported player - actually or by mere implication. If this sort of behavior continues, let us know. Beyond this, I recommend adding the player in question to your Foe List.

As for the SACTO portion, would the admin account or testimony from the other leaders affect it in any other way? I understand some members may not take into practice what us older members have done, and the IC organization argument is valid, but 2ria has a history of just outright going after us by name dropping us where we really don't want any interaction with them - it's often a replacement term for specific people too. To have them stop essentially making us the "it's SACTO's fault!" catchphrase for every little thing would be nice.

Other than that, thanks Kyr. *leave corpse on the ground and slowly walks away* "I hope this sacrifice has enough soul attached for thee muh-lord."

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Common Territories wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:Addressed. SACTO is an In-Character organization, not a player; mere mention of such is not actionable. It has been made plainly clear, however, that you do not wish to be involved with the reported player - actually or by mere implication. If this sort of behavior continues, let us know. Beyond this, I recommend adding the player in question to your Foe List.

As for the SACTO portion, would the admin account or testimony from the other leaders affect it in any other way? I understand some members may not take into practice what us older members have done, and the IC organization argument is valid, but 2ria has a history of just outright going after us by name dropping us where we really don't want any interaction with them - it's often a replacement term for specific people too. To have them stop essentially making us the "it's SACTO's fault!" catchphrase for every little thing would be nice.

Other than that, thanks Kyr. *leave corpse on the ground and slowly walks away* "I hope this sacrifice has enough soul attached for thee muh-lord."

Not really. The admin account represents a player. Now if someone had the habit of barging into specific threads with specific players always happening to be involved, that'd be one thing. But that's not the case here.

As I said: I recommend adding them to your Foe List.
[KYRU]

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 pm

[KYRU]

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Common Territories wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=34282917#p34282917

This has been seen and appropriately addressed at this time.
[KYRU]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation