NATION

PASSWORD

A Heart Of Darkness (OOC - OPEN - Nation RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

A Heart Of Darkness (OOC - OPEN - Nation RP)

Postby Deramen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:00 pm

OOC - IC

OP: Deramen
CO-OP: Benuty
ORIGINAL RP BY New Grestin: HERE
A Pub RP

Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it.
-John Adams

Current Wars

Second Franco - Mexican War

Roster - Map

White Land is "Open Land", it doesn't mean you can split willy nilly, but it does mean you can somewhat pick what areas you'd like. If a name is in white, its most like just reserved. Also clicking on the name of the RP'er can leads you to their app.

Synopsis

History is a fickle thing, like a still pond, a single drop can create ripples in history and time. It is currently 1865 and you have the chance to be that ripple, from the savannahs of africa to the blood stained fields of America, from the cold Swedish north to the deserts of Afghanistan, the time for change has come! For the greater or the worse we have entered a new age, with heavy hearts of darkness we ride into the modern era?
Explanation

This is a reboot of a long dead RP by a colleague of mine and a good pal who's given me permission. If you want to see it look here. The main point of divergence is during The War of 1812 in which the United States lost, The North succeeded and the South claims what's left of the United States You can lead a nation from obscurity to greatness. Do you want to lead Africa to greatness? Take back the traitorous States? Create the Kalmar Union? These possibilities and more are available to anyone willing to work for them. But the main idea of the RP is to tell a interesting story and more importantly to have fun!
What Is Up With The US?

The Northeastern merchants, and bankers through backing of the British (or whoever they are) choose to secede over the economic suicide the U.S government is forcing on the rest of the country to stay "neutral" in a war between Britain, and France due to their forced impressment of U.S citizens to fight for them. Secession was the only option left after attempts to compromise fail horrifically leaves the U.S a resentful rump state with many of its territories taken from them until a permanent solution can be decided in fifty years time.
Rules

GENERAL RULES:
  • Don't be a dick.
  • The word of the OP is law, as is the word of Co-Ops.
  • The right to deny applications on any grounds, with or without sufficient reason, is maintained by the OP and Co-Ops.
  • Poor Spelling, Grammar, and overall Poor writing ARE grounds for application denial.
  • Not participating in the RP for any considerable period of time is grounds for removal.
  • Inactive nations can be resurrected if the original writer returns; active nations eliminated or subjugated during the story CANNOT be resurrected without GOOD reason.
  • Godmodding, Meta-Gaming, and other such tactics are illegal and will be punished. Further actions of a similar kind will result in banning from the RP.
  • Don't go overboard with gore, violence, etc. Do things in good taste, basically.
  • You can't have a missile launcher unless OP says so.
  • Development is a gauge of where a nation is in terms of industrialization. High development nations receive new technologies first, while lower development nations receive technologies over a longer period of time.
COMBAT RULES:
  • Battles are to be handled between players via OOC or Telegram. If players cannot come to a joint conclusion, an OP or Co-Op will.
  • If no party can determine the battle outcome with any certainty, than a coin toss will be conducted to determine the winner.
  • Following a war's conclusion, the winning and losing players will determine what territories are lost/gained.
  • If a conclusion cannot be made following a conflict, an OP or Co-Op will make the decision.
CRISES AND OTHER:
  • Irregularly, Crisis events will occur in either certain regions or the entire map. Crisis Events can range from famines and disease to meteorite strikes and sudden technological breakthroughs.
  • If your nation is affected by a crisis event, adjust your posts accordingly.
  • Refusal to acknowledge Crisis conditions is grounds for warning and/or ban.
  • Weather can still play a significant role, adjust your posts and battle plans based on weather conditions.
  • If your nation is facing a potential revolt, an OP or Co-OP will discuss with you the finer details of the conflict.
  • Don't be a sore loser. You can always start a new faction.
Applications

- Reservations will expire after three days if not acted upon.
- WIP applications will be nullified in three days if a full app is not posted, barring extraordinary circumstances.

Nation Application
Code: Select all
[box][b]Nationstates Name:[/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Flag (Optional):[/b]
[b]Governing Ideology:[/b] (Democracy, Oligarchy, Monarchy, Autocracy)
[b]Leader(s):[/b]
[b]Territorial Claims:[/b] (These must be adjacent to one another.)
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Land Forces:[/b]
[b]Naval Forces:[/b]

[b]Point of Divergence:[/b] (1700 or Later)
[b]History:[/b] (Two Paragraphs Minimum)
[b]Culture:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b] (Optional)

[b]ID TAG 1997[/b] (DO NOT REMOVE)[/box]

Non-Nation Application (Insurrectionists, Independence Movements, etc)
Code: Select all
[box][b]Nationstates Name:[/b]
[b]Group Name:[/b]
[b]Flag (Optional):[/b]
[b]Governing Ideology:[/b] (Democracy, Oligarchy, Monarchy, Autocracy)
[b]Movement Type:[/b] (Independence, Political, Religious, etc.)
[b]Leaders:[/b]
[b]Territorial Claims / Occupied Areas:[/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Personnel:[/b]

[b]Point of Divergence (if any):[/b] (1700 or Later)
[b]History:[/b] (Two Paragraphs Minimum)
[b]Culture:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b] Optional[/box]
Last edited by Deramen on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 13 times in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Reserved
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Looking good so far Dera.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Snigger tigger tagger wagger.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Tag.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Now the question remains: is there a Napoleon?

How overpowered is Great Britain?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Danceria wrote:Now the question remains: is there a Napoleon?

How overpowered is Great Britain?

I mean, yeah, everything generally up to like 1807-ish is OTL, and for Great Britain sort of depends on the RP'er leading. But if it gets too strong it'll be brought down.
Last edited by Deramen on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 pm

I Reserve Sri Lanka!

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:I Reserve Sri Lanka!

Alrighto, that works for me.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Uthary
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uthary » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:56 pm

I figure someone is gonna be Britain sooner or later, but would it be possible for me to play the loyal Dominion of Greater Canada, controlling Alaska and the full Oregon country? Or at least claiming to, since presumably most of this is vast wilderness at the point where this starts.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Not sure whether to be German, French, or Scandinavian.
Obligatory Quotes below

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Uthary wrote:I figure someone is gonna be Britain sooner or later, but would it be possible for me to play the loyal Dominion of Greater Canada, controlling Alaska and the full Oregon country? Or at least claiming to, since presumably most of this is vast wilderness at the point where this starts.

Hmmm, I mean if you understand that a large majority of that western land is basically uninhabited then I guess I could do that if it's RP'd right.
Last edited by Deramen on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Uthary
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uthary » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Deramen wrote:Hmmm, I mean if you understand that a large majority of that western land is basically uninhabited then I guess I could do that if it's RP'd right.

I do! I've always had a soft spot for an uber Canada, though, and I figure this is as good a scenario as any in which to make it happen.

How painful/painless was the splitting up of the former US, by the way? If they're still in a bit of chaos, that would be a good way to entice immigrants to peaceful and British protected Canada instead.
Last edited by Uthary on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Uthary wrote:
Deramen wrote:Hmmm, I mean if you understand that a large majority of that western land is basically uninhabited then I guess I could do that if it's RP'd right.

I do! I've always had a soft spot for an uber Canada, though, and I figure this is as good a scenario as any in which to make it happen.

How painful/painless was the splitting up of the former US, by the way? If they're still in a bit of chaos, that would be a good way to entice immigrants to peaceful and British protected Canada instead.

I mean its up to Benuty on how its working, but from what he's told me its relatively peaceful, but tensions are a bit high.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Uthary wrote:

I mean by the time of this roleplay if I recall correctly its been about fifty years so things have stabilized despite resentment between both sides over various grievances like runaway slaves.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Nationstates Name: Kingdom of Tunisia
Nation Name: Kingdom of Ceylon
Flag: Image
Governing Ideology: Absolute Monarchy
Leader(s):
Territorial Claims: All of Sri Lanka.
Population: Approximately 2,000,000.
Land Forces: Approximately 6,000 Actives and 4,000 Reserves including 1,000 Dutch Mercenaries.
Naval Forces: Approximately 100.

Point of Divergence:
1. The Uva Rebellion as it spanned from 1817-1818 did not exist in this Timeline for 2 reasons. The British Empire doesn't seem to take interest on Sri Lanka for unknown reasons. Finally, The Raja of Kandy or Ceylon have lived longer than expected. However, He still suffers from a Illness ever since his reign. The Adigars is verge of overthrowing the Raja of Ceylon thus establishing either a Monarchy ruled by a new dynasty or a Military Dictatorship. The mysteries of this possible Coup may soon be revealed.
History: Since Antiquity, Sri Lanka was inhabited by Sinhalese people as well as Tamil people. Prince Vijaya of Sri Lanka in which he reigned from 543 B.C. to 505 B.C have united the remaining Unoccupied regions under one Banner thus establishing the House of Vijaya. Sri Lanka have been united ever since by 2 different ruling dynasties. They were highly influenced by Indian Culture as well as Tamil. The Maurya Empire have has established Formal relations with the Kingdom of Anuradhapura until the Maurya Empire's demise in 180 B.C. leaving the Kingdom of Anuradhapura's Economy in ruins. Everything in the History of Sri Lanka was pretty much all about the Land being invaded by Foreign Invaders as well as the Portuguese and the Dutch but not the British in which things have started to get very different. This is where the Point of Divergence began, The Kingdom of Kandy was founded by Sena Sammatha Wickramabahu of Kandy in which they were under the Vassalage of the Kingdom of Kotte at the time. Again, Everything in this Timeline will be exactly the same leading up to 1798 of Sri Vikrama Rajasinha of Kandy's start of his reign. He introduce many Western Technologies that the Sri Lankan people never see it before. Formal relations between Sri Lanka and the United Kingdom of been great since the Kingdom's foundation. The Country did not get Colonized by Great Britain in this Alternate Time as did the Uva Rebellion did not happened as the British Empire did not gain a foothold of Sri Lanka. However, Tensions between the Adigars or Prime Ministers and the Raja of Kandy/Ceylon have remained unclear. By 1817, It was renamed to the Kingdom of Ceylon due to the British's recommendation of the Kingdom's Native Name. Not to be confused British Ceylon in which again, They were not under British control. This led to Sri Vikrama Rajasinha of Kandy continuation of his reign in which the British is something that he should be worrying about as they may be a Chance of Betrayal and Intervention in case of a possible War in Southern India. His reign have caused him to become one of the Longest-Reigning Monarch in Asia leading up to 1865. The Adigars is one of the reasons why they want to overthrow the current Monarch of Ceylon. The Raja of Ceylon is the one to establish a Secret Police against any means of Insurgents or to prevent a possible Coup attempt.
Culture: Tamil, British, Dutch, Burghers, Sinhalese
Theme: (Optional)

ID TAG 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Kingdom of Tunisia on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 am, edited 8 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:
Nationstates Name: Kingdom of Tunisia
Nation Name: Kingdom of Ceylon
Flag (Optional):
Governing Ideology: Democratic, Monarchism
Leader(s):
Territorial Claims: All of Sri Lanka.
Population: Approximately 16,800,000
Land Forces: Approximately 6,000 Actives and 4,000 Reserves including 1,000 Dutch Mercenaries.
Naval Forces: Approximately 100.

Point of Divergence: (1700 or Later)
History:
Culture: Tamil, British, Dutch, Burghers, Sinhalese

16,800,000 is a very high since by 1871 they only had a bit over 2 million people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Lanka ... growth.png
Last edited by Benuty on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Work in Progress Application for the FSA

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Nationstates Name:

Nation Name: Federated States of America

Flag (Optional):

Governing Ideology: Representative Democracy
Leader(s):
Territorial Claims: The Situation at the peace treaty of 1815
Population: Census of 1860 -14,070,071
Maine: 628,279
New Hampshire: 326,073
Vermont: 315,098
Massachusetts: 1,231,066
Rhode Island: 174,620
Connecticut: 460,147
New York: 3,880,735
New Jersey: 672,035
Pennsylvania: 2,906,215
Delaware: 112,216
Ohio: 2,339,511
East Kentucky: 150,000
North Maryland: 171,763
Sylvania: 702,313

Land Forces:35,000 (both active, and reserve).
Naval Forces: 2,000

Point of Divergence: 1807-1815.

History:

On December 22nd, 1807 the United States president made a choice that the union would severely regret, but of course, he would never live to see its true consequences. The acts intention of preserving American neutrality, and dignity in the face of British, and French impressment of American citizens into their far-flung war tanked the economies of the northeast and was never even followed through with by the British. Much of the country had to rely on smuggling and seizing of ships just to get the goods they once so readily had. In 1809 a fever of some sort swept through Virginia, and much of the south leaving as quickly as it had come. The last victim some thought rather fittingly was President Jefferson who died at the age of 65.

President Madison trying to gain popularity in the south over the defiance in the North sent federal troops, and others on raids of ports, and the homes of private citizens. This outraged the northern states even further, and eventually by October lead to the Hartford Convention. The six states of New England along with observers from Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, and Delaware joined in as well. By January 1810 the convention ended, and a platform detailing actions such as limiting presidential power over trade, ending consecutive presidencies from the same state, and setting presidential terms. Madison denounced the report as mostly treasonous and split Congress over what to do.

A war of words followed throughout the country causing riots, and reportedly one-man marching into Congress, and beating a congressman nearly half to death with his cane. Any attempts to reach conciliation in Congress proved futile, and soon in defiance of the federal government, New Englands states pardoned any convicted smugglers. State militias mobilized in order to prevent federal forces from entering New England, and the military experienced a wave of resignations over the issue. The Second Hartford Convention commenced, and by July all six states chose to secede.

The news spread as fast as it could, but to many by this point, it had become expected. Debates in the state legislatures of New Jersey and Delaware began over whether to join them or not. By August 1st the government acknowledged the Northeast was in a state of armed rebellion. The war of southern aggression, the northern rebellion, war of the states, and the second American revolution all names given to the crisis. The new country immediately looked for support from the British and got it interestingly enough.

Considered by many a Westminister hatched plot to secure British financial interests of New England Merchants, and Bankers conspiracy theories ran high at every corner. Thomas Pickering the ex-secretary of state was chosen as president of this new union. The first Boston Articles detailed the reasons for secession, and independence from the United States listing the abuses of President Jefferson, and Madison. Attempts to appease the rebellious states were made, but once ambassadors were exchanged any contact ended. The northern territories were rife with rumors of native revolt funded by the British after federal troops were massacred during a routine patrol.

This was all it took for the war to officially get started as the U.S declared war on Britain. June brought fighting in Canada, and in the Atlantic with several ships while border states struggled to retain control. In New York governor Daniel Tompkins used federal troops to arrest political opponents, and in one such case in Buffalo, a protest broke out which resulted in several deaths. The "Buffalo Massacre" swung New York, and several other states to join New England. Union general Pickney raided upper Canada burning several towns as Union forces were forced into upstate New York.

New York city by 1812 was firmly controlled by secessionists while the British regained control of Upper Canada. The royal navy began bombarding Charleston, Savannah, and other major southern cities while Captain Perry lost control of the great lakes. The royal army launched into the Illinois, and Michigan territory while attempts to retake New York were blocked by militias from New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. By 1814
the capital was no longer safe with secessionists in Maryland occupying the northern half of the state they called themselves "North Maryland", and would launch regular raids one night with the British they aided in burning Washington D.C. Secessionists in Kentucky held onto a large chunk of the state, and were calling themselves "East Kentucky".

The situation in Virginia was bad with the western half of the state under control of secessionists representing "Sylvania". Madison fled to Richmond for the remainder of the war. In the south, however union general Andrew Jackson managed to secure the Mississippi territory but was killed defending New Orleans. Aaron Burr using the opportunity lead militia, and others to seize control of the orderless Louisiana with British support. He claimed dominion over the Louisiana territory since the United States was incapable of defending itself or the citizens of the territories.

By January 1815 the peace of Albany was signed recognizing the Federated States of America as an independent entity. Westminister would end impressment while the United States would end the embargo act. The British would gain upper Illinois, and Michigan as concessions while the fate of lower Illinois and Indiana would be decided in 50 years time leaving them a tripartite dominion governed by the U.S, Britain, and FSA.

(1815-1830)
The rump United States

Andrew Jackson's death left a lack of suitable candidates to take the nation through its first real challenge. The states of Kentucky, Maryland, and Virginia were mutilated with the loss of large chunks of territory, and resentful of the loss of their land not only by a foreign power but by people who had once been their own fellow citizens. The economic depression was only slightly alleviated by resumed trade with Britain, and France, but the major cities of the coastal south were in ruins. The government turned to the French for a suitable ally able to rival the Federated States and Britain.

In Florida, the Spanish raided the Mississippi territory, and Georgia leaving the rump United States constantly on edge in regards to enemies.

Lower Illinois, and Indiana

With Upper Illinois, and Michigan firmly in the hands of the British in made expansion north practically impossible for the United States. Lower Illinois and Indiana were left in a state of limbo for fifty years until the time came for the people to decide. Both territories would be flooded with settlers from all sides hedging their bets on which areas they could solidify, and get to join them in 1865.

Rebellion in the west

Ex-vice president Aaron Burr, and a force of discontent union soldiers, farmers, bankers, and much more seized the territory of Orleans and eventually convinced the rest of the Louisiana Territory to join them. There had always been rumors of Burrs plans out west, but it seems at this time of great crisis they would come quite true. Even by 1865, the recovering Union hasn't dealt with this opportunistic upstart of a nation, but without having sent some force to crush Burr's plan years ago the expansion west is not able to proceed.

Prosperity in the Federated States

While thousands died on both sides the Federated States managed to launch off the ground relatively quickly. The booming textile industry, proto-railroads, and canals got their start here while thousands of immigrants began to move in over time. Tensions would rise with the Union over the issues of fugitive slaves, and since by law, the freedman couldn't be touched any bounty hunters caught faced severe punishment. Industrialization, liberalism, and central banking are the current status of politics within the country, and many would like to keep it that way. The idea of another war with the Union at most seemed like a fantasy, but unfortunately, it would happen sooner than many realize.

(1830-Present)

Fugitive Slave Crisis

With the Federated States of America, staunch view on the abhorrence of slavery thousands of enslaved people has taken the opportunity, especially in the border states to flee to better lives. It is believed thousands try each year, and most fail, but for those who do succeed life is better on the other side. Southern planters sending bounty hunters after their escaped slaves isn't uncommon, but it is a crime in the Federated States punishable to the extreme. In response, if escaped slaves do get caught people in the border states will pay money for northern bounty hunters to bring the southerners to justice, and free the escaped slaves. For years conflict between the FSA, and U.S border states over this issue has gone unresolved.

Restriction of Immigration Act 1842

Mostly targeted toward the United States in response to the bounty hunter crisis, but also as a way to curb subversive influence the government believes is being targeted at the southern states of the FSA.

Our National Mutilation

The national doctrine of the United States in regards to East Kentucky, Sylvania, and Northern Maryland despite the fact these states, and their people want to overwhelmingly be part of the FSA.

The symbolic capital

The burning of Washington D.C and the revision of the borders have made D.C an unsuitable capital of the U.S beyond a symbolic one as many believe. As a result, the District of Columbia has been turned mostly into a museum city, and nothing more a rather tragic fate in the eyes of many.

Anti-Slavery League
FSA naval vassals and a coalition of other powers now patrol the coast of West Africa vigorously to stop any, and all attempts at the slave trade thus depriving slave nations of new slaves, and slowly over time withering them down.

50 Years of the anniversary of Victory

The nations 55th birthday will come, but the most important aspect of the victory day celebration is that this will be the 50th one, and while people in the republic celebrate the union will look on in dismay of its lost glory as the cradle of both revolutions moves on with their life.

The Partition of the Territories

In the peace agreement of 1815, the powers involved dictated that the territories would be divided by referendum in 50 years time and until that point would be ruled jointly by the U.S, and FSA with the British making sure things ran smoothly. That time has come, and soon these areas will decide who they want to join.

Culture: Northern Anglo-American (Yankee), British, African-American, and others.

Last edited by Benuty on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:58 am

Nationstates Name: The Knockout Gun Gals
Nation Name: Ethiopian Empire
Flag (Optional):
Coat of Arms
Flag
Governing Ideology: Absolute Monarchy
Leader(s): Emperor Tewodros II
Territorial Claims: Eritrea and Ethiopia. Eritrea is still independent, but the ambition is to take Eritrea as well.
Population: 8,200,000
Land Forces: 100,000, mostly composed of tribal military officers with additional British-trained officers as specialists.
Naval Forces: 75 ships, mostly fourth-rate ships with few being a mix of third-rate and second-rate.

Point of Divergence: From 1817 to 1825, when during Ras Gugsa's reign, he invited the British to Ethiopia for assistances in consolidation of his reign in exchange for military and economy assistances as well as the emplacement of British investments. But the British also placed Kassa Hailu / Tewodros II as the next ruler, since he has no royal ambitions but more interested in the reformation of the state and the church. Also, Tewodros II was a British-trained military officer and not a military officer from his clan/brother's army like in the history.
History:

During the era of Zemene Mesafint, the Abyssinia was lost within the conflicts of regional hostilities, with each figureheads claimed themselves to be the true leader of the empire. The Emperors, at the time, were more than just symbolic rulers, with little power. It's as if they were bound to be like that until the end of their reigns, and then the next and the next and the next. But it wasn't all like that when Ras Gugsa came into the power. Came from the Yejju clan, he was one of the lords from Yejju clan. He formed up the councils of Wara Seh that was composed of lords from Yejju. But at the same time he realized that he needed more than just consolidation of his clan, as rival clans still have their own territories and independence, though he had the largest. So he asked for assistances from the Britain, in agreement with access for their military and economic. They agreed, but the agreement was tenuous since British saw Ras Gugsa too much of a noble and relied on local council more than the foreign advisers, while Ras Gugsa saw British as opportunistic faction.

When Ras Gugsa died on 1825, Ras Ali II, one of his sons, became the Enderase/Regent, with the Emperor of Ethiopia as figurehead and symbolic rulers. The bitter tensions continued till 1850s, where the British-trained officer, Kassa Hailu, proved to be more of a competent military officer and has the ambition of being the emperor with more focus on the people and not on nobility. It gave British slight affirmation of their supports to him, and an Ethiopian Civil War ensued, with Tewodros became the Emperor.
Culture: Ethiopian.
Theme: N/A

Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Hashkin
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:18 am

Tag

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.
economic left/right 0.88
social libertarian/authoritarian -1.74
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
3 - Hashkinian Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

CHNN Minute-by-Minute Report

Geologist team and Sec. Foreign Affairs Michael Dewey, who were sent to Greater Goverwal, are reported missing. Searches are being conducted.

Chancellor Bakker landmark bill facing backlash from Egaltarian Party. "It's a travesty, this bill will hurt thousands"- House Majortity Leader Finn Randall.

I side with results

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:53 am

Reserve me a Mexican Empire. That's Mexico and her old holdings that are now part of the US (Texas included).
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Reserve me a Mexican Empire. That's Mexico and her old holdings that are now part of the US (Texas included).

So will you go down the route of a monarchy, republic or something different?

Postmaster of the Fleet

Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 am

Benuty wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Reserve me a Mexican Empire. That's Mexico and her old holdings that are now part of the US (Texas included).

So will you go down the route of a monarchy, republic or something different?

Probably a monarchy. Without the US to back liberal elements, the conservatives would have the upper hand in most conflicts. What kind of monarchy this leads to I don't know yet, it depends on where the branches diverge.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:16 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Benuty wrote:So will you go down the route of a monarchy, republic or something different?

Probably a monarchy. Without the US to back liberal elements, the conservatives would have the upper hand in most conflicts. What kind of monarchy this leads to I don't know yet, it depends on where the branches diverge.

Are you familiar with Sri Lankan History?

Postmaster of the Fleet

Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:19 am

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Probably a monarchy. Without the US to back liberal elements, the conservatives would have the upper hand in most conflicts. What kind of monarchy this leads to I don't know yet, it depends on where the branches diverge.

Are you familiar with Sri Lankan History?

As far as I know: the Dutch colonised it, we stole all the tea, then it was handed over to the Brits during the Napoleonic wars, and somewhere it gained independence from them after the second world war.

That's as far as I know. So, no. Not at all familiar.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse