NATION

PASSWORD

Venture of Heroes [IC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:59 pm

The warehouse was one of many throughout New York City that was owned by the Future Foundation, however it was one of the few that was owned without public disclosure. To the naked eye, it was an average warehouse that simply stored boxes filled with...something. The warehouse utilized special cloaking technology developed by Jamal that could fool anyone suspicious enough to look through the windows of the warehouse. The sign hanging on the front doors reading 'DO NOT ENTER, VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED!' also helped. There were other features of course, such as soundproofing, which masked the screams coming from within.

"My patience is wearing thin, Jacob..." A man spat. He wore a lab coat, black pants and boots, and gloves that altogether seemed as though it was a costume he'd stolen from a Party City during Halloween. In front of him sat another man, Jacob, strapped to a chair--the two surrounded by 20 armed guards. Connected to the chair was a helmet, which was fixed upon his head. A piece of metal extended forward and then down perpendicular to the ground, and then towards him, parallel to the ground. The tip of the metal piece was an extremely thin needle that was virtually invisible to the naked eye. And it was mere centimeters from the cornea of Jacob's right eye.

"Fuck you." Jacob growled.

"Very well." The man in the lab coat sighed. He raised a remote-like device up in his hand and pressed a button, causing the needle to enter Jacob's eye. Jacob began howling in pain as it slowly dug deeper into his eye. "Ms. Yu-ri is truly diabolical indeed, to design such a torture device. I can poke and prod at your optic nerve all I like, as the needle releases a biological agent that accelerates the regeneration of cells. I could, quite literally, do this all night if necessary. Now, are you going to tell me to whom you sent that message to, and what its contents were?"

Jacob took rapid, deep breaths as the needle emerged from his eye. He then released a pained, but confident chuckle. "What the hell...? Might as well tell you, since you'll find out soon enough." He then looked up and stared the main in the eyes. "She knows." The man in the lab coat understood immediately.

"Pack everything up, now!" He shouted at the men, gesturing at the plethora of alien weaponry scattered around the warehouse --some lying on tables and halfway taken apart while others were being displayed in glass cases.

"Too late." A voice called out from behind. The man in the lab coat whipped around immediately, seeing Jamal--now cleaned up and sporting a purple/yellow suit--standing in front of the warehouse's front doors and staring at him in utter confusion. There was no indication whatsoever that he had even entered the warehouse--the doors were sealed shut, and there were no signs of any of the windows being broken into. "Oh, Dr. Jackson..." Jamal sighed. In an instant, he was standing a mere foot in front of the researcher, "You disappoint me. You know I don't like being disappointed." Dr. Jackson screeched out in fear, and he fumbled backwards, tripping and falling onto his behind. He began clumsily sliding himself backwards on the ground as Jamal casually strolled forward. "I hired you because I trusted you to help turn my ideas into a reality. I have so many of them that unfortunately, there isn't enough time in a day for me to get through them all. Instead, I find you going against a direct order not to get involved with alien weaponry."

Dr. Jackson was barely listening. Instead, he was racking his brain, trying to find answers to a myriad of questions. How did Jamal get into the warehouse? How did Jamal approach him so quickly? Very few individuals knew about his abilities, and Dr. Jackson was most certainly not one of them. But most importantly, he asked himself how he could get out of the situation alive. Dr. Jackson quickly surmised that his best bet at the moment would be to keep Jamal talking until he could find an appropriate course of action to diffuse the situation. He slowly stood up, barely able to contain the shaking of his body that gave away his fear. "I...S-sir, with all due respect, I just don't understand why you disagree with the research I have done here. I have advanced my understanding of science far more than I could have studying mere Earth-based technology."

"And that is exactly the problem." Jamal said, his eyes narrowing. "It's too easy. It's entirely fine if you want to take the easy way out. It's entirely fine if you want to peddle the mindset that humans are inferior, and that we need to be coddled like babies in order to reach our full potential. However, you will not do so while being funded by me. You see, I like to think otherwise--that we can reach that potential with our own intellectual capabilities."

"But--" Dr. Jackson began, but was immediately cut off due to receiving a punch square in the jaw by Jamal. The researcher's knees began to give as he began losing consciousness. Jamal grabbed him by the collar and lightly slapped his cheek multiple times.

"No no, I'm not done here." Jamal scowled. "Even ignoring the philosophical quandary this places us in, it raises practical dilemmas as well. You're dealing with the black market of alien weaponry. You're a scientist, you see. You ultimately hold zero weight in the eyes of the scumbags making up the criminal underground. They operate through fear and money. If one of them figures out your connection to me, because you've hidden your actions from me, I can't be there to scare them. And they'll sell that information to the highest bidder. That forms a crack in the system I've built. And once that crack forms, it's a bitch to fix." Jamal pulled him closer, to where their faces were mere inches apart. "Do you understand?" Jamal asked through gritted teeth, to which Dr. Jackson weakly nodded. "Good." Jamal smiled. He then punched him again. And again. And again. Dr. Jackson's body went limp as he began gurgling due to blood filling his mouth. He then took one last gasp and Jamal released his collar, letting his lifeless body crumple to the ground. Jamal then looked up at the armed guards around the bound Jacob. "I can see it on your faces. 'That was excessive!' No. It was necessary. Get it?" Jamal snarled.

The soldiers were silent and didn't move a single inch. Jamal took their silence as a sign that they definitely did get it. "Excellent." Jamal said, throwing up his hands that were suddenly no longer covered in blood. "Now, do you all remember the last order Dr. Jackson gave you before he met his unfortunate end?" The soldiers collectively nodded. "Good. Well, now I'm giving the order. I suggest you get going post-haste." The soldiers immediately began scrambling to begin cleaning the warehouse of all alien weaponry.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Mavorpen wrote:The warehouse was one of many throughout New York City that was owned by the Future Foundation, however it was one of the few that was owned without public disclosure. To the naked eye, it was an average warehouse that simply stored boxes filled with...something. The warehouse utilized special cloaking technology developed by Jamal that could fool anyone suspicious enough to look through the windows of the warehouse. The sign hanging on the front doors reading 'DO NOT ENTER, VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED!' also helped. There were other features of course, such as soundproofing, which masked the screams coming from within.

"My patience is wearing thin, Jacob..." A man spat. He wore a lab coat, black pants and boots, and gloves that altogether seemed as though it was a costume he'd stolen from a Party City during Halloween. In front of him sat another man, Jacob, strapped to a chair--the two surrounded by 20 armed guards. Connected to the chair was a helmet, which was fixed upon his head. A piece of metal extended forward and then down perpendicular to the ground, and then towards him, parallel to the ground. The tip of the metal piece was an extremely thin needle that was virtually invisible to the naked eye. And it was mere centimeters from the cornea of Jacob's right eye.

"Fuck you." Jacob growled.

"Very well." The man in the lab coat sighed. He raised a remote-like device up in his hand and pressed a button, causing the needle to enter Jacob's eye. Jacob began howling in pain as it slowly dug deeper into his eye. "Ms. Yu-ri is truly diabolical indeed, to design such a torture device. I can poke and prod at your optic nerve all I like, as the needle releases a biological agent that accelerates the regeneration of cells. I could, quite literally, do this all night if necessary. Now, are you going to tell me to whom you sent that message to, and what its contents were?"

Jacob took rapid, deep breaths as the needle emerged from his eye. He then released a pained, but confident chuckle. "What the hell...? Might as well tell you, since you'll find out soon enough." He then looked up and stared the main in the eyes. "She knows." The man in the lab coat understood immediately.

"Pack everything up, now!" He shouted at the men, gesturing at the plethora of alien weaponry scattered around the warehouse --some lying on tables and halfway taken apart while others were being displayed in glass cases.

"Too late." A voice called out from behind. The man in the lab coat whipped around immediately, seeing Jamal--now cleaned up and sporting a purple/yellow suit--standing in front of the warehouse's front doors and staring at him in utter confusion. There was no indication whatsoever that he had even entered the warehouse--the doors were sealed shut, and there were no signs of any of the windows being broken into. "Oh, Dr. Jackson..." Jamal sighed. In an instant, he was standing a mere foot in front of the researcher, "You disappoint me. You know I don't like being disappointed." Dr. Jackson screeched out in fear, and he fumbled backwards, tripping and falling onto his behind. He began clumsily sliding himself backwards on the ground as Jamal casually strolled forward. "I hired you because I trusted you to help turn my ideas into a reality. I have so many of them that unfortunately, there isn't enough time in a day for me to get through them all. Instead, I find you going against a direct order not to get involved with alien weaponry."

Dr. Jackson was barely listening. Instead, he was racking his brain, trying to find answers to a myriad of questions. How did Jamal get into the warehouse? How did Jamal approach him so quickly? Very few individuals knew about his abilities, and Dr. Jackson was most certainly not one of them. But most importantly, he asked himself how he could get out of the situation alive. Dr. Jackson quickly surmised that his best bet at the moment would be to keep Jamal talking until he could find an appropriate course of action to diffuse the situation. He slowly stood up, barely able to contain the shaking of his body that gave away his fear. "I...S-sir, with all due respect, I just don't understand why you disagree with the research I have done here. I have advanced my understanding of science far more than I could have studying mere Earth-based technology."

"And that is exactly the problem." Jamal said, his eyes narrowing. "It's too easy. It's entirely fine if you want to take the easy way out. It's entirely fine if you want to peddle the mindset that humans are inferior, and that we need to be coddled like babies in order to reach our full potential. However, you will not do so while being funded by me. You see, I like to think otherwise--that we can reach that potential with our own intellectual capabilities."

"But--" Dr. Jackson began, but was immediately cut off due to receiving a punch square in the jaw by Jamal. The researcher's knees began to give as he began losing consciousness. Jamal grabbed him by the collar and lightly slapped his cheek multiple times.

"No no, I'm not done here." Jamal scowled. "Even ignoring the philosophical quandary this places us in, it raises practical dilemmas as well. You're dealing with the black market of alien weaponry. You're a scientist, you see. You ultimately hold zero weight in the eyes of the scumbags making up the criminal underground. They operate through fear and money. If one of them figures out your connection to me, because you've hidden your actions from me, I can't be there to scare them. And they'll sell that information to the highest bidder. That forms a crack in the system I've built. And once that crack forms, it's a bitch to fix." Jamal pulled him closer, to where their faces were mere inches apart. "Do you understand?" Jamal asked through gritted teeth, to which Dr. Jackson weakly nodded. "Good." Jamal smiled. He then punched him again. And again. And again. Dr. Jackson's body went limp as he began gurgling due to blood filling his mouth. He then took one last gasp and Jamal released his collar, letting his lifeless body crumple to the ground. Jamal then looked up at the armed guards around the bound Jacob. "I can see it on your faces. 'That was excessive!' No. It was necessary. Get it?" Jamal snarled.

The soldiers were silent and didn't move a single inch. Jamal took their silence as a sign that they definitely did get it. "Excellent." Jamal said, throwing up his hands that were suddenly no longer covered in blood. "Now, do you all remember the last order Dr. Jackson gave you before he met his unfortunate end?" The soldiers collectively nodded. "Good. Well, now I'm giving the order. I suggest you get going post-haste." The soldiers immediately began scrambling to begin cleaning the warehouse of all alien weaponry.

They may have continued with that order, though they were all suddenly interrupted by the sound of a crash. Miliseconds after this sound, something hit the floor of the warehouse with the impact of a bomb, sending dust and debris everywhere. Those nearby it would be lucky to survive the impact, especially with alien weapon shrapnel. As the dust cleared a figure could be seen, blue in skin and taller than even the tallest of the security guards. She wore a uniform which was reminicent of the earthen police uniforms, except it was far more technically advanced, produced so it would not impair movment in a chase it was not bulky or baggy, yet not exactly skin tight either. The kneeling alien figure got up and stood, surveying the area around her with a stern frown.

"Chadak Ma "Jacob?" The Blue woman asked, the harsh syllables she spoke out ringing in the now silent room like a gunshot. She frowned when no one understood her, then made a few adjustments to a device on her suit. "Fething earthlings. I asked where is Dr Jacob?" She paused as she saw some of the guards look frightened, obviously having been shocked by the double whammy of their leader dying before their eyes and a blue woman breaking their ceiling. Thana was about to repeat her question, but then she noticed the man tied up to the chair bleeding profusely and seemingly no longer alive. Her frown turned into a scowl. "Oh for Duraka's sake, why in feth did you have to kill the bastard before I got here?! I have to bring in these lowlifes alive or I don't get the reward!" She shouted. Then noticed Jamal.

He looks familiar... She thought, besides the fact that he seemed to have been the one to beat the life out of her bounty. She picked up a device from her belt and then used it to scan Jamal. After a few seconds she smiled ever so slightly. "Well. Seems my luck hasn't completely dried out." She remarked. "Jamal Hawkins. 20,000 Gold units. That's a nice bounty indeed." Thana remarked, then put the device back. "So, how about you make up for killing my last bounty by coming quietly."
Last edited by Charmera on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Hoitsu Inaba
Chinatown, Washington D.C.

Hoitsu was currently within the Shogun Bar and grill, despite the name this place was one of the few that served true traditional Japanese meals. He had been sitting in the traditional Seiza position when people started running in the streets screaming. He looked up at that, and grabbed his Odachi to stand up when a few Inquisitors entered. The lead inquisitor gestured and said " Purify everything." As the others ran to destroy the Technology, Hoitsu stood up. The Inquisitor looked at him and said " We have no quarrel with you Magic Warrior , you do not stink of the infection." He stood up and said " They are still my people." As he spoke his hand seemed to disappear for a moment and the Lead Inquisitors head erupted into gore as it was pierced by a pair of chopsticks.

One of the other inquisitors rushed him, but was blown back by a swift palm to the chest. The alien hit a wall and lay still. The final member of the group tried to run, but was pinned to the same wall the first had hit, by a sword through its throat. He turned around and as the owners came out from behind the counter, he cupped his hand and said respectfully " As Always thank you for the Food, I will help clean up the mess later, and i apologize for my part in it." They nodded, but as he had his head bowed the inquisitor he had launched into the wall, awoke and grabbed the sword from his former comrades throat and rushed at him. Just as he was about to be struck by his own blade, he swiftly sidestepped and as the blade came down sent out a spearhand, piercing the aliens throat adn nearly decapitating him. He kicked his sword and caught it in the air, and gave it one final swing to rid it of the blood before he rested it against his shoulder and left the restaurant.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:02 pm

Charmera wrote:waifu appears

Jamal was surprised, to say the least, of the appearance of the large blue woman. Though, admittedly, he was more annoyed than surprised, as her flashy entrance could have easily drawn attention to the warehouse--attention that was definitely unneeded the urgency of the situation at hand. Suddenly, the woman started speaking in an alien language. Her booming voice reverberated throughout the warehouse and Jamal could sense the fear in the soldiers behind him, causing him to roll his eyes. They were definitely the sort of low quality help that Dr. Jackson would hire.

Still, he couldn't deny that she was an imposing figure, but unfortunately, he didn't have time to worry about that as she suddenly started speaking English and began expressing frustration with the fact that he had killed Dr. Jackson. The word that he focused on was 'bounty,' and it only became even more important when she seemed to suggest that a bounty had been placed on him as well. "Clearly, my PR department isn't doing as well as it should if there's a bounty on my head." Jamal remarked. He hadn't said that just for the fun of it. In the span of that statement, he ran through multiple options to how to best deal with the situation and quickly reached one.

"Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to reject your request." Jamal said, as he pressed a button on his watch, causing it to release a high pitched noise that almost immediately caused every soldier as well as Jacob to become unconscious. He anticipated that it wouldn't be enough to produce the same effect. The purpose was to take out the soldiers so that they wouldn't get in the way and hopefully distract the blue alien woman for at least a split second. He immediately lunged into the air at her and then instantly, he closed the gap between the two. It was a simple trick: divide by zero on the space of his choice using himself, thereby allowing himself to teleport. He swung his leg at her, performing a powerful midair roundhouse kick aimed at her temple.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:42 am

Tomia wrote:---

The Starlight wrote:---

Kirisvala was glad that the others seemed to begrudgingly accept the strategy and the fact that she and Mars would be taking point while they marched towards the head Inquisitor, though it concerned her that some of the others were a little too discontent with it. She simply hoped that they would not upset the order or put themselves in danger, as this was quite the perilous mission. At least, she supposed, they would have more help than they initially accounted for, due to the arrival of another hero who simply introduced himself as Clarence.

Seeing Mars take a moment to speed off after hearing her question, she couldn't help letting out a small giggle, always one to be amused by her boyfriend's antics. They were an important part of his charm, in her opinion. There was still a grin on her face as she watched him return from his near-instantaneous trip back to the pod that had delivered his armor, now also bearing her sword, which she graciously took. The weapon was a heirloom of her family that was given to her by her father in order to try to fix their relationship, and though this event was not something she held in especially high regard, she loved the weapon for its origins and history. Drawing it from its scabbard, she nodded and looked up at Mars. "Don't worry about it, dummy." She said, blushing a little as she addressed him using one of the more affectionate nicknames she had for him.

Soon, the group was on the move, with Craig leading the way and guiding them towards the bonfire where the head Inquisitor was, and the Mage and the Knight marching alongside him, with everyone else trailing behind them. It did not take long before battle erupted. Immediately, she dove behind some cover and began reciting another one of her ancient Adaian chants, invoking another aspect of the Goddess, the Dragon's Fire. As a pair of Inquisitors approached her cover, she suddenly jumped out from behind, running her sword through one of them while she raised her hand towards the other, a stream of blazing fire bursting forth from the space in front of her palm, quickly incinerating the unluckier of her two assailants.

With that done, she rushed over to where Mars stood after having deployed his shield, listening to his instruction and nodding at it. "Alright. I'll see you when this mess is all over, okay?" She asked, before leaving a tender kiss on his armor suit's visor.

"Whoever wants to fight the head Inquisitor, follow me!" She said, before taking off towards the bonfire at the center of the National Mall, throwing a massive fireball forward to clear the way of Inquisitors.

Charmera wrote:---

After embarrassing herself by being inadvertently rude to one of the two older heroes present, Etla remained silent and simply followed the group as they began to move towards the National Mall, where the head of the invading Inquisitors stood atop his hexagon, turning technology into ashes. She gripped her spear tightly, anticipating the fight, while at the same time she glanced at her sister every now and then, wanting to make sure that she was still trailing along and that she was safe. However, it didn't take long for chaos to unfold. Thirty Inquisitors descended upon the party, with more coming to dispatch the heroes. Frowning, the girl immediately jumped to action, using a burst of wind to deflect the projectiles aimed towards her before diving behind some cover, chucking her spear at one of the Inquisitors and smiling when she saw a green fluid on it as she used the power of her Wind Crest to retrieve it.

Taking a moment to look around, the Diluvian princess frowned as she was unable to locate her sister, panic showing its ugly head in the distance within her mind. She told her sister to stay behind her! And now she was nowhere to be found. But fortunately, before she started panicking about the missing status of her younger sister, she heard a few shots ringing through the air, and saw Inquisitors falling to the ground in response, picked off from afar. Etla knew exactly who had been responsible for that, and she let out a sigh of relief, knowing that Ihra was safe and likely well hidden away. She could only hope that her sister would know better than to put herself in danger, but if there was something she was good at, it was this kind of tactic, so she felt more at ease than before.

Hearing the Dragon Mage calling out to anyone who wished to strike at the heart of the enemy forces, the brave princess immediately approached her. The Adaian noticed, and turned around. They exchanged brief words, the mage urging the princess to make a call to arms, and the princess agreeing before taking a small detour to hide in a nearby building before making the call. Once inside, she focused. Though her power over air was great thanks to the Wind Crest, she had never tried something of this finesse and magnitude before, and simply hoped that it would work. Gathering the air around her, she whispered her message unto it, and then scattered it through the city with the help of the air currents, broadcasting a message, the girl's soft and yet booming voice reaching all of DC.

"Heroes of Washington! The princess of Diluvia speaks to you. It's time to rise up and retake your city. These invaders think they can oppress the people of Earth and impose their draconian rules upon us. They should think again! We will strike at the heart of the enemy, the burning pyre at the National Mall, and drive off these lunatics. Join us! Help us drive off these invaders! Protect the Earth!"

The message traveled through all of DC thanks to the wind, and it naturally reached the ears of the Inquisitors as well. In moments, a large group of them, comprised in part of some of the Inquisitors who were attacking the back group and some of those guarding the head Inquisitor, reached and stormed the building where Etla was hiding, hails of storm and fire falling upon it and razing the place to the ground. There were no remnants of the princess underneath the rubble, and the Inquisitors had no desire to find them either. The Inquisitors were fanatics, but despite their aversion to technology they were also logical, and saw no value in looking for a creature who was never seen leaving a building that violently collapsed.

It was precisely this that allowed Etla's plan to succeed.

The girl walked out the front door before the barrage of fire and lightning even reached the building, strolling right past the Inquisitors encroaching the unfortunate structure. She was careful not to wander too close to them, lest the swirling winds that surrounded her and warped the light around her come into contact with one of them and tip off her location, but for all intents and purposes the girl was currently invisible. The Inquisitors could not see her, and neither could her allies. It was the perfect advantage, and yet, so fragile that she would only have one opportunity to act before losing it. She had every intention to make it count.

Suddenly, she began running towards the bonfire, augmented by her wind abilities. Still avoiding contact with the other Inquisitors, she headed straight towards the pyre, and once she stood before it, she looked forward and saw the lone figure that stood on the hexagon next to the bonfire, the one who had given Earth its ultimatum. Its cape, red like that of the other Inquisitors, was embroidered with gold, and its silvery skin had a mystical sheen to it. It was clearly taller and sturdier than the others, but Etla did not let this deter her. While the head Inquisitor continued the chant that turned science into ashes, Etla passed her spear to her robotic arm, took aim, and then with a mighty cry launched the weapon straight towards the Inquisitor, the winds that spiraled around her suddenly propelling the spear forward to make it even deadlier.

But as soon as the cloak of wind was gone, the princess felt an overwhelming pressure on top of her, forcing her to her knees. Barely able to keep her head up, she looked forward, seeing the head Inquisitor now pointing its finger towards her, having paused its chanting. The spear hit its mark, the head piercing through the invader's torso, green blood drenching the blade and dripping down to the ground as it oozed from the wound. But the creature did not stagger from the sheer force of the blow, nor did its grip on the blonde girl falter even one bit. With the stoic indifference that characterized the unfeeling, the leader of the Inquisitors grabbed the spear's shaft and pulled it out from its torso, a jet of green ichor spilling out. It held the spear in its grip, as if it was its own weapon, and addressed the girl.

"You are more dauntless than the previous human who raised arms against me, but just like him, the taint of technology has infected you beyond all hope of salvation. You are brave, earthling, but you have failed." The voice of the Inquisitor boomed. The position of the fingers that pointed at her changed slightly. "Die with your kind." He spoke, and flicked the air in front of him. In the very same instant, Etla went flying away, a scream escaping from her lips. She felt as if a speeding car had just crashed into her. An overwhelming invisible force had just blown her away, stronger than the wind itself.

The princess soared through the air until what appeared to be a long, black, scaly tentacle caught her and coiled around her.

"Don't try that kind of reckless stunt again!" Kirisvala shouted at Etla before lowering her to the ground and releasing her from her tail's grip. The princess could still fight, but she was worse for wear and would need a moment to recover. A moment that they did not have, as more Inquisitors were slipping past the other group, owing to the rendezvous they arranged after Etla's broadcast. The Dragon Mage incinerated all of the Inquisitors nearby, but more were approaching, and worst of all, with the pyre now capable of sustaining itself, the head Inquisitor jumped down from his hexagon to join the fray.

"Oh come on, Night! You're such a party-pooper. You should try it out. I bet a handsome guy like you would get a lot of green triangles on his posts. Besides, it's a lot of fun. Here, I'll show you something..." The girl known as Final Boss trailed off before swiping her finger vertically across the screen of her phone a few times, presumably looking for a particularly amusing meme in the endless meme caverns of Capestagram, before abruptly stopping and doing the opposite motion, a bit more slowly, and blinking once, twice, three times.

"Salad?!" She shouted out, indignated. "What does she think we are, rabbits? Dugongs? Caribous? I'm not a herbivore!" She continued ranting, making sure that Valancy knew how much she thought that her idea for lunch reeked worse than the carcass of a hundred dead fishes in a dumpster. Of course, just as soon as the message was ready to send, she wound up regretting what she wrote and deleted it all, opting for a far, far milder version of her original message. Her contempt for salad was still contained within, of course, but in a manner likely to invoke less of Mother Nature's fury than the previous one.

"Err, nevermind all that..." She said a bit shyly after realizing the tantrum she had just thrown in front of her teammate. "Anyways, Valancy got the brilliant idea of making salad for dinner, so I was thinking of grabbing a few burgers on the way back. Do you want to come? It'll just be a small detour." She offered Roy, while savoring the meaty meal, real food as opposed to what Valancy planned to feed them.

Capestagram - The Social Network for Supeheroes

Jamie Mason: FINAL BOSS (Hero)
20, F, ALL OF THEM
Pandora City

Status: @Valancy: Salad?! What kind of extravagantly plain and radically unpatriotic meal is that? Why would you choose to make salad over something more substantial and tasty, like steaks, or meatballs, or basically anything else? I'm a girl still in growth! °(>_<)° #SaveTheVeggies #VivaLaCarne #ButIDontSpeakSpanish
Image +355 Image -3

CaptainWashenn (Hero) 1 minute ago
Hold on a moment, there is something amiss here, fellow heroine. Are you not synthetic?
Image +55 Image -42

FINALBOSS 1 minute ago
OMG! It was a joke buddy (->_>)-
Image +86 Image -7

As he had come to expect by now, the human in front of him continued asking questions of him and regarding him with suspicion, something he had only now realized after observing her for a while and comparing her reactions to those of his assailant, though hers were clearly far less ridden with hostility. Her questions, much to his chagrin, were becoming ones that required complex answers, and one of them even referred to his capacity to speak. The young man looked down at the grown in silence for several moments, completely still, before looking back up and answering.

"The act of... forcing air through a... narrow canal to produce sound is... unsettling..." He struggled to say with a quiet, slightly raspy voice, as if he had indeed spoken very little before, if at all, though his answer suggested that he did at least know what the act of speaking entailed.

With that awkward piece of information out of the way, even though it wasn't awkward to him, he continued. "I... call myself Reven." He stated. "I don't know... what I am... or what it is to hold out on you." He continued, before extending his hand, the part of his pale skin that was free of the black cloth of his sleeve appearing to harmonize with the moonlight, though in the stranger's eyes it instead seemed as if his hand was darkened by the black blot in the sky. Regardless, he urged the human to look at it, and put his power in motion. Suddenly, his pale skin seemed to turn completely black, its color even darker than that of his clothes, though it was only his hand that was transformed in such manner. On it, after a moment, a thousand scintillating points of light appeared, some larger than other, some small and colorful and others large and fiery. It was evident that the air and light was being sucked from the area around the hand, but it was not a harmful effect.

"This is what I do..." He explained.

Suddenly, what appeared to be a few inches of tentacle popped out of his hand. It immediately turned white again, and the thing appeared to be severed, turn rigid, and fall to the ground. Curious, Reven picked it up and touched it. Determining it to be wood, he simply discarded it and looked back at the human. His attention however changed quickly from her to her companion, and he stared at the bird once again. "Hawk..."

"Judging by your absolutely revolting hygiene and by that cheesy smell of doritos that you exude like a fancy dame exudes perfume, I can tell that you've been bored out of your mind for the past... let's see... one hour? Two? Somewhere around there, I'd say. Another thing I would say is please don't come any closer to me, I don't want to have to deal with any barbecue sauce on my clothes or something similarly absurd and unbecoming like that. If you're wondering how in hell I know what you're looking like right now, that's because of the camera I put in the entrance to my workshop just in case someone like you came to bother me. She told me you were coming. Now if you can just stand still for a minute or two and be polite enough not to touch anything, I will be done with this matter and then I will be in a position to humor your petty desires."

The owner of the haughty voice that was currently belittling Hannah was a young man just one year her elder, with short brown hair and soft green eyes which were currently fixated on the machine in front of him, a blue, silver and gold technological armor he had named Leonidas. The power suit was floating above some sort of mechanical pedestal, with what appeared to be a matching capital on the ceiling, the two structures connected by a haze of ethereal blue light in which the armor was suspended. The young techno-empath stood in front of it clad in a pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt, with a puffy white cap with a brown visor on his head, and several tools were next to him, stationed on a small brown table.

"Come on... What's troubling you, big guy?" Weiss mumbled. To anyone else, it seemed like he was talking to himself, but those privy to his abilities would know that he was in fact communing with the machine in front of him. Currently, Leonidas was in a state that one could compare to slumber, suspended as it was in front of Weiss, but the subtle signals that it was able to send even in such a state were enough to guide the techno-empath to the root of the problem. Looking at the armor suit's knee, he frowned and began removing the plating that covered that part of the machine. Underneath, an assortment of wires was present, and a few of them appeared to be damaged. Smiling slightly, the young man nodded.

"So that's what's hurting you. Just hold on a moment." He muttered, and then began soldering the wire and replacing the rubber covering where it was damaged. For someone with remarkable savvy manufacturing things, it was a fairly short task, and it did not take long before he was done. Putting aside his tools, he smiled and patted the armor's shoulder, having to reach up a bit due to his slightly shorter than usual height and the armor's mid-air status.

Then, he finally turned to look at Hannah, taking note of how exact his camera's description had been. "Now then, since I have finished the far more important task that was drawing my attention, I suppose I can set aside some time to tend to your matters. What do you want, Grimm?" He asked.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:23 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

"Judging by your absolutely revolting hygiene and by that cheesy smell of doritos that you exude like a fancy dame exudes perfume, I can tell that you've been bored out of your mind for the past... let's see... one hour? Two? Somewhere around there, I'd say. Another thing I would say is please don't come any closer to me, I don't want to have to deal with any barbecue sauce on my clothes or something similarly absurd and unbecoming like that. If you're wondering how in hell I know what you're looking like right now, that's because of the camera I put in the entrance to my workshop just in case someone like you came to bother me. She told me you were coming. Now if you can just stand still for a minute or two and be polite enough not to touch anything, I will be done with this matter and then I will be in a position to humor your petty desires."

The owner of the haughty voice that was currently belittling Hannah was a young man just one year her elder, with short brown hair and soft blue eyes which were currently fixated on the machine in front of him, a blue, silver and gold technological armor he had named Leonidas. The power suit was floating above some sort of mechanical pedestal, with what appeared to be a matching capital on the ceiling, the two structures connected by a haze of ethereal blue light in which the armor was suspended. The young techno-empath stood in front of it clad in a pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt, with a puffy white cap with a brown visor on his head, and several tools were next to him, stationed on a small brown table.

"Come on... What's troubling you, big guy?" Weiss mumbled. To anyone else, it seemed like he was talking to himself, but those privy to his abilities would know that he was in fact communing with the machine in front of him. Currently, Leonidas was in a state that one could compare to slumber, suspended as it was in front of Weiss, but the subtle signals that it was able to send even in such a state were enough to guide the techno-empath to the root of the problem. Looking at the armor suit's knee, he frowned and began removing the plating that covered that part of the machine. Underneath, an assortment of wires was present, and a few of them appeared to be damaged. Smiling slightly, the young man nodded.

"So that's what's hurting you. Just hold on a moment." He muttered, and then began soldering the wire and replacing the rubber covering where it was damaged. For someone with remarkable savvy manufacturing things, it was a fairly short task, and it did not take long before he was done. Putting aside his tools, he smiled and patted the armor's shoulder, having to reach up a bit due to his slightly shorter than usual height and the armor's mid-air status.

Then, he finally turned to look at Hannah, taking note of how exact his camera's description had been. "Now then, since I have finished the far more important task that was drawing my attention, I suppose I can set aside some time to tend to your matters. What do you want, Grimm?" He asked.

Hannah rolled her eyes like they were billiard balls as soon as she heard Weiss' haughty voice. As he spoke she sighed, grabbing a bar of chocolate from her pocket, surprisingly unmelted she took a bite from it, reasoning that she was going to need it in order to deal with Weiss. When he mentioned her cheesey smell she sniffed a tad and then shrugged, her predator enhanced nose picking up the whiff of cheese and roast potato. The old sniffer wasn't as strong as it used to be, mostly due to Hannah binging in these cheesy sessions quite often.

"Wow. You guessed that I was bored with nothing going on. Gee, you must be psychic..." She snarked. "And don't make those fancy lady comparisons. I'm a merc, not a hooker" She remarked, looking around the workshop. Though she didn't go to close to Weiss, she did eyeball his stuff. She didn't touch it though. The last few times she had touched his stuff, it had ended in either her being electrified or something exploding. In a perfect example of pavlovian conditioning, she kept her hands in her pockets.

She sighed when she heard him talking to himself. She wasn't sure if that was part of his powers or he was just crazy. Probably both. Then again, aren't we all kinda crazy.

"Well, I was going to ask if you could do me a favour." She spoke, finishing off the energy bar with a few quick chomps and then putting the wrapper in her pocket. "You're a wiz with tech and stuff, so I thought I'd ask if you could make me a laptop. Or heck, you probably have spares or something." She paused, almost forgetting something. "Oooh. Also, just an idea, but you know what'd be cool? A meat vending machine. Except one you don't have to pay money for." She smiled at the thought of it. So much meat. "Mmmmmhhhhhhh" She paused just thinking of it. "Also, it should dispense donuts. Meat and donuts. Meat Donuts too, whatever they are." She added.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:29 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Charmera wrote:waifu appears

Jamal was surprised, to say the least, of the appearance of the large blue woman. Though, admittedly, he was more annoyed than surprised, as her flashy entrance could have easily drawn attention to the warehouse--attention that was definitely unneeded the urgency of the situation at hand. Suddenly, the woman started speaking in an alien language. Her booming voice reverberated throughout the warehouse and Jamal could sense the fear in the soldiers behind him, causing him to roll his eyes. They were definitely the sort of low quality help that Dr. Jackson would hire.

Still, he couldn't deny that she was an imposing figure, but unfortunately, he didn't have time to worry about that as she suddenly started speaking English and began expressing frustration with the fact that he had killed Dr. Jackson. The word that he focused on was 'bounty,' and it only became even more important when she seemed to suggest that a bounty had been placed on him as well. "Clearly, my PR department isn't doing as well as it should if there's a bounty on my head." Jamal remarked. He hadn't said that just for the fun of it. In the span of that statement, he ran through multiple options to how to best deal with the situation and quickly reached one.

"Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to reject your request." Jamal said, as he pressed a button on his watch, causing it to release a high pitched noise that almost immediately caused every soldier as well as Jacob to become unconscious. He anticipated that it wouldn't be enough to produce the same effect. The purpose was to take out the soldiers so that they wouldn't get in the way and hopefully distract the blue alien woman for at least a split second. He immediately lunged into the air at her and then instantly, he closed the gap between the two. It was a simple trick: divide by zero on the space of his choice using himself, thereby allowing himself to teleport. He swung his leg at her, performing a powerful midair roundhouse kick aimed at her temple.

"Eh. I always say if you're pissing someone off, you must be doing something right." She remarked in response to his quip. But then the was that high pitched sound that while it did annoy her it was not nearly enough to down her like it did the guards. But what happened next was somewhat less easy to shrug off. The kick to the head was hard to anticipate for. It might have hurt even more had she not eaten a hearty meal before the fight, just in case. As it stood, it managed to dislodge her position slightly, sending her one step back as her head pushed away from the strike. But she did not fall.

The Thargan turned her head to face her opponent once more. Her smile widening. "I really hoped that you would do that." She spoke, the air around her suddenly soaring in tempreature. "Try not to die human. I don't get the rewards unless you're alive." She spoke, before punching at her opponent, however this was not a normal punch, as her first was engulfed in a blue hot flame. In fact much of her body was now on fire, but that didn't seem to matter to the Thargan.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:49 am

Jasmine Crockerthy
Washington D.C.
White House Vicinity

Something stirred in the sack of flesh which was Jasmine. Two minds, two beings, warred against each other, vying for control of the same body. And as they fought, they spoke:

Whole! One cried, We must become Whole!

No! The other screamed, I'm staying me!

But the Us is there! The first howled, We can re-merge!

But I will die!

Irrelevant! Become Whole!

No!

Inside the sack, something pulsed. And again. And again. Without warning, the impression of a hand could be seen against the inside of the translucent membrane, scrabbling desperately against the yielding barrier as if that would make a difference. Where the hands were pressed more tendrils sprouted, growing and curling into the air before pistoning down and cracking the tarmac. Coiling up, they forced themselves down, spread taut and anchoring the blob of flesh in place. As if in response, further tentacles sprouted and grabbed a pair of lampposts, trying to pull the blob forwards. All over the blob, eyes flickered between Rei and the Whole indecisively.

Will be Whole!

I'm not letting you do that!

The tentacles wrapped firmly around the lamppost bean to lengthen and reach towards the Whole, mouths opening and tongues flickering out as if tasting the air near it. The hands pressed even further against the membrane, slender fingers now murkily defined as the tentacles anchoring the blob to Rei also lengthened, sliding past her body and splitting open at their tips to reveal foot-deep tri-labate mouths filled to the back with wicked teeth. With a chorus of snarls, howls and screams they laid into the other tentacles, twitching lengths falling to the ground to writhe in agony for brief moments before dissolving into fine, red paste.

Cheat! Become Whole!

Not happening!
Last edited by Spindle on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Zodiac
Zodiac had been following Jasmine and Nightingale when he got clipped by a blast of magic. Travelling at over 100 mph and getting hit by something won’t exactly leave one unharmed. He veered of course, after he was hit and gave a loud Caw of pain, his distraction caused him to clip a building with the other wing as tried to regain control. He thudded into the ground, leaving a trail of blood and feathers. Luckily enough, He started to change into his human form as he was falling, lessening some of the damage. While his wounds would heal soon enough, he was still out of commission at the moment. He would wait here before looking for the other two.

He had been sitting letting his wounds heal, when he saw something in the corner. It was a copperhead, a snake, it slithered over to him. As it approached he spoke to it saying “ Sorry for the sudden question and yes, I can speak with snakes. This might be a stupid question in the middle of an alien invasion, but have you seen two not quite human women?” While the snake was surprised it hissed enthusiastically in response. “ Ah, so you have, thank you. Also you might want to be more careful some humans may kill you, due to the fact you are venomous. Thanks again” As the snake moved away into a hole near the foundation of a building He thought ‘so they are near the White House again, huh, I will ehad over when I am healed enough.’ While his external wounds were mostly healed, his bones wouldn’t be able to withstand the stress of changing at the moment.

Steve
Seeing and sensing the fight happening with the pile of Flesh, he looked to nightingale and said “ there is very little I can actually do here. This is the first time I have seen part of a soul transplanted into another being, this is because one of the wrong set of runes was used during the failed summoning.” He paused for a moment before glancing at what was Jasmine for a moment. He continued saying “ From what I can tell, there are 3 options, Kill her, put her out of her misery and save her from an extension of a horrible life, I can try to force the Other part, into a temporary hibernation, but that may make future incidents worse, or we can simply Pop the blob, interrupting the fight, and forcing one of them to the surface, but it may deter the next episode for a while. You decide, I will comply, within reason of course.”

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Charmera wrote:"Eh. I always say if you're pissing someone off, you must be doing something right." She remarked in response to his quip. But then the was that high pitched sound that while it did annoy her it was not nearly enough to down her like it did the guards. But what happened next was somewhat less easy to shrug off. The kick to the head was hard to anticipate for. It might have hurt even more had she not eaten a hearty meal before the fight, just in case. As it stood, it managed to dislodge her position slightly, sending her one step back as her head pushed away from the strike. But she did not fall.

The Thargan turned her head to face her opponent once more. Her smile widening. "I really hoped that you would do that." She spoke, the air around her suddenly soaring in tempreature. "Try not to die human. I don't get the rewards unless you're alive." She spoke, before punching at her opponent, however this was not a normal punch, as her first was engulfed in a blue hot flame. In fact much of her body was now on fire, but that didn't seem to matter to the Thargan.

Jamal wasn't surprised to see that his kick didn't manage to phase her to a significant degree and only forced her back a single step. He had already assumed that her large build wasn't just for show, and this merely validated that assumption. He was a bit taken aback when her body suddenly became engulfed in blue flames. To be honest, from her demeanor, he had expected her to be more...physical. Granted, she was ultimately still punching him, but the added bonus of the flames was odd to him.

In the end though, he wasn't all that worried. While she was rather quick for someone of her size and stature, he could tell that she was still holding back. Plus, it was obvious anyway give the fact that she openly admitted that she needed her bounties alive. That was her mistake. While Jamal also held back, he ultimately had no qualms about killing her, unlike her--a fact that he would make sure to exploit. He also made note of the fact that the alien was unaffected by her own flames, and he concluded that she simply didn't feel the temperature of the flames, which was ultimately beneficial to him.

Jamal's ability was extremely versatile, and initially, he thought it was simple transmutation. But in reality, it was more than that. Even concepts were susceptible to it. He divided by 0 on the concept of 'hot' using the concept of 'cold'. Because they were opposites, they nullified one another and the flames no longer gave off any heat. However, because the alien didn't appear to feel them anyway, he'd hoped that she wouldn't notice. He dodged at the last second, stumbling backwards in an attempt to seem urgent to get away from the flames. He then jumped backwards to further distance himself, hoping to bait her into believing she was pressing him.

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Snip

The pellets whizzed right trough him, she scowled but holstered her gun, glancing between the man and Jas she slumped,
"I highly doubt those are the only options, I wont believe it. There has to be another way, can you redo the ritual? Maybe increase her control over the Old One?" She fell to her knees and coughed out blood. She glanced at it,
"Maybe you can connect her soul with mine? To share the power and make it weaker? I just want her to be safe." Her eyes glistened with tears, she prayed that her idea will work.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Jamie

Ularn wrote:Harry

Capestagram - The Social Network for Supeheroes

Valancy Stirling: Nature's Voice | Hero
30, F, Nature Manipulation
Pandora City

Status: @FinalBoss: Because every-time you guys eat steak or meatballs or hamburgers, my mind flashes back to the sight of how that slice of meat came to be, the name of the animal it belonged to and the inhumane practices condoned by the big players in the meat-packing industry. It's not the fault of individual farmers, but once they sign those contracts, they are obligated by law to follow the conditions of the company who provides them with the animals and equipment, and those conditions, of cutting off the beaks of animals and feeding cow meat to cows, to name a few, are among things I cant tolerate. Not like I can do anything about it, however...for now. #ReformAgriculture. #EndInhumanity.
Image +400 Likes Image -60 Dislikes

SupaFan 1 minute ago
I'm a big fan, Valancy, but I've got one question. Where is dat hawt sidekick of yours, the deliciously named Night Shadow?!?
Image +3000 Likes Image -0 Dislikes

Marry Me Nightshadow 30 seconds ago
I KNOW RIGHT?!?!
Image +1402 Likes Image -2 Dislikes

After saying goodbye to the heroes at the park, and responding to Jamie via Capestagram, she headed off back to the Justice Tower, deciding to get a head-start on dinner. She might not be able to win Jamie over on the vegetarian front, but if there was something they both enjoyed, it was cookies. So she resolved to get a batch of molasses cookies in the oven. It would be nice if they would be able to all eat together, but Elena and Lorn probably wouldn't be back for quite awhile, with the DC crisis still continuing. She would've have terraported over to help, but she was simply too tired and drained at this point to be of any use.

When she rounded the corner into Justice Plaza--she wondered who had come up with the name for that--, she quirked an eyebrow to see crowds gathered below the Tower. She tapped a man on the shoulder and asked what was going on. "Someone just flew up and crashed into the tower. I hope one of the Justice Queens is---oh." He halted abruptly as he saw who she was.

"Thanks," Valancy said, taking a few steps back, and taking a running start. While she couldn't fly, she could leap incredibly high distances, and as long as she attained the right speed, she should be able to jump through the hole that the intruder made. She just about did it, leaping through the crowd and jumping through the sizeable hole, rolling as she entered their personal levels, none of the glass thankfully impaling her. Looking down, she winced at the sight of the carpet. "That one was Katie's favorite." She said as she walked through to the living room, the lock of which appeared to be burned.

"Just a suggestion," she said as she hung her coat on a hanger and undid the band around her hair, "Perhaps next time, knock? Our receptionist is quite nice, although she is an ex-spy. At least, I think she's retired..." Valancy trailed off, thinking of Mindy's various exploits. "Anyway, all that aside, hello there. I'm Valancy Stirling. What can I do for you?" she asked the fire-wielding metahuman, sinking into the sofa nearby.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Etla

Craig had settled behind some meager cover, his back to a slab of stone, patting heavily as the Inquisitors bombarded his position. He decided right away that he'd be of no use against the Head Inquisitor. Seeing some better cover near a house, even as Etla's voice somehow traveled throughout all the city, urging the heroes to assemble, he made a run for it, several blasts coming near him. However, they missed, and so he settled behind a tree, taking a breath from his inhaler. The probelm was that he was useless in this fight, despite his technology. There were no cars to drive towards the Inquisitors, and his weapons would stop working the moment they touched an Inquisitor. He looked around frantically, and saw a trash-can lid. Getting an idea, he snatched it up and set to work, creating a knife with his microbots and forming the edges of the trash-can lid into ragged, yet sharp edges.

Craig was essentially a walking super-computer, enabling him to make calculations, decisions, and analysis much faster than the ordinary human. He could also spot trends, and put that to work now, recording the movements and common attacks and positions of the Inquisitors. And so, as an Inquisitor overextended themselves to attempt and touch Cass, he stepped out of cover and hurled his makeshift shield not at the Inquisitor, but where it would be. His calculations were correct and while the Inquisitor howled in pain he was already moving himself into a position where he could catch his shield and hurl it again, which he did. He continued this pattern, until he saw Etla go flying, and by then remembered his drones. Berating himself for being so forgetful, he set them to attack mode on the National Lawn, adding much needed air support to their battle, and so he took the time to rush over to Etla and offer her a hand. "That was like really brave," he said in admiration, being to babble. "As soon as he came at me I ran, but you stood your ground." He finished awkwardly, a bit frustrated with himself. He could never seem to articulate his thoughts with Etla like with everyone else, as soon as he began to speak, something else came out. "Are you alright?"

Another idea came to him then when he spotted the bonfire. Right there was heaps of technology, right in front of him. A good deal of it was damaged beyond repair, but the fire had not touched all of it, and so, turning on the valve for the nearby fire hydrant with his powers, as it was connected to the grid, water shot out towards the bonfire, and slowly, Craig began to convert the power within the devices to his suit and the cars that also laid in the power.

Tomia wrote:Ajax

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Etla

"Thank you...Ajax," she said, standing up, saying his name for the first time. Once again he had saved her, and she berated herself a bit for being so careless. The battlefield was not a place where she should be anything but focused. "You're right, and I look forward to talking with you," she said shyly once more, returning her complete attention to keeping the Inquisitors off her partners' backs.

Just as it appeared no one else was coming they heard the plea of the princess of Diluvia, Ajax and Lorn looking at each other a bit uncertainly. Elena spoke for the first time then, dropping the shielded tunnel and beginning to set a shield over the house. "Since it appears that's the last of them, I think I can protect the mansion from here. I'll be inside and holding the fort, and while I'd like you two safe, it sounds like they need all the fighters they can get. Plus you two work well together. Can you guys do this?"

Lorn nodded, her confidence restored. "We can do this." Elena smiled in response, waving a hand in farewell before locking herself into the mansion, a pale blue shield covering the lavish house. Lorn looked again towards Ajax, who had just finished off another Inquisitor. "I would think it best if I flew us there, the ground seems rather crowded. If you don't mind, that is," she said, holding out her hand for him to grab, so that they could set off.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Roy
Roy smirked a little shyly when Jamie called him handsome. "Well thanks, but the last thing I need is a bunch of fan girls stalking me." He said to her as they headed off down the street. Then he saw Jamie going off on a tirade about salads and Valancy's dietary choices. "Uh Jamie, you remember I'm a vegetarian too right?" He said to her in an amused tone. Then she asked him if he wanted to get burgers with her and he thought about it for amount. They probably had a while before dinner. And Jamie was fun to hang out with so he doubted the detour would hurt.

"Sure that sounds like fun Jamie. But I'm not going to get a burger if you don't mind. Also... We going to go in our costumes?"

Cora
Cora was shocked by the woman's response. Usually petty criminals merely ran off scared when they saw her. This one was clearly not intimidated. Cora frowned at her words. She was not used to being spoken to like that and she didn't like it. She felt a rush of anger and a desire to snap but she forced those thoughts down. She was supposed to take the high road. What kind of superhero would she be if she started fighting every person that made her mad?

She took a deep breath and sighed, "Look, I don't want to fight. Can't you just tell me why you're doing this? You know I used to do stuff like this. I realized though that I was just calling out for attention. I'm in the business of helping people, so is there anything I can do to help?"

Wanda
"Uh, you mean talking?" Wanda asked in a confused tone. "Well, it's pretty much the best way to communicate so you better get used to it." She said a bit sarcastically though she doubted this guy would catch that. "Well at least you have a name. Nice to meet you Reven. And what do you mean you don't know what you are? You're... not from around here huh?" She said cautiously before focusing on him when he promised a demonstration.

She was shocked when he was surrounded by light, and then a strange tentacle appeared out of him, before turning into some kind of petrified object. When he was done with that freaky demonstration, he turned his attention back to her friend and Wanda took a step back.

"Ya, that's what she is. Look mister, you're obviously lost here. Now I have a place you might be able to stay. With people with... special talents like yours. But I need to know something. You're okay right? You're not suddenly going to attack me or my hawk are you?" She asked seriously, ready to walk away if this guy gave the wrong answer.

Ajax
Ajax nodded at Elena's words. She had saved his home, so he was fine with taking her orders. "Can do, and thank you again for your help." Ajax said to Elena before running off with Lorn to help. They headed toward the mall and were met with a sea of battles between various supers and aliens. It was a little overwhelming but Ajax closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to focus.

When he opened his eyes they immediately went to the bonfire, where he saw a huge swarm of aliens and an injured woman. "There, she looks like she needs help." Ajax said to Lorn, motioning for her to follow as he cute his way through inquisitors towards the fire. He took cover behind an abandoned car when one of the inquisitors started blasting at him with some kind of magical staff. He turned to Lorn next to him, "What do you think we should do now? This is some crazy stuff. It looks like that weird spell is melting technology left right. I've never been happier about falling asleep in chemistry class."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:55 pm

His arms crossed, Weiss listened to the wolf-eared girl in front of him speak her request, apparently hoping he would somehow get her a laptop. She didn't say why, but it was painfully obvious that she only wanted it so that she would have something to distract herself with, given how she had clearly been indulging in rather messy eating sprees to keep herself busy. Regardless of the motive, it would be the easiest thing in the world to build her a brand new, top-level gaming laptop with the junk lying around his workshop if he didn't indeed have a spare or two lying around somewhere, but he was still fairly annoyed that she interrupted his work for something silly like that, especially since he had been contemplating giving Leonidas a few more upgrades. But he supposed it was no trouble either way, so there was no reason to be like that.

Hearing what she requested afterwards at the end of a pause, though, the techno-empath's hand greeted his face vehemently.

"You want... a steak machine?" He asked, his eye twitching. Of all the strange, dumb and useless things that he had ever been asked to make, and there had been many such requests forwarded to him during the days before he joined the Warhounds, a steak machine was without a doubt the dumbest, and narrowly avoided being the strangest; its usefulness could be debated, he thought, but that wasn't the point here.

"First of all, meat donuts aren't a thing!" He practically snarled, though he quickly regained his composure. For one, it was unbecoming to do talk to someone like that, even if so far said person hadn't shown a lick of intelligence, and there was also the fact that she would probably beat him in a snarling contest if it came down to that, what with the wolf ears and all. "Alright, my bad on that outburst. Nonetheless, you're asking for something absurd. First of all, do you even know how a vending machine works? Someone has to stock them regularly. I assume you don't want this hypothetical steak machine to dispense the steaks raw, so there would have to be an integrated cooking mechanism. That's easy, but like I said, someone has to go buy the steaks and put them in the machine, and if you can't be bothered to buy one and cook it, I doubt you'd be willing to do that; I know I'm not. Either way it would essentially be the same as if you bought them in bulk and I cooked them here, without the need of a vending machine." The young man explained, heading to one of the piles of materials present in his room and rummaging through it.

"Basically, your idea is flawed on so many levels I'm surprised even you had the lack of common sense required to come up with it. You should be honored that-Oh, what's this?" Weiss trailed of after seemingly finding something in the pile, carefully putting aside some of the materials on it in order to dig out his treasure. It was a sleek-looking red laptop with some sort of dinosaur skull design, and after picking it up, he stood up and walked back to Hannah.

"Well, what do you know, I did have a spare. Here's your laptop, it's got a next-gen processor and... Well, you probably don't care about my technobabble anyway, so just take it." The young man said, beginning to extend the laptop to her, though he froze half-motion as he gave Hannah another once-over. Slightly curling his lip for a moment, he looked at her with an awkward stare. "On second thought... Would you terribly mind washing up a little before I give it to you? If not a shower, then at least wash your hands. There's a restroom over there." He pointed at a nearby door, still holding the laptop just out of Hannah's reach.

After being caught in mid-air and gently placed on the ground by the Dragon Mage's serpentine tail, Etla scooted towards a wall and leaned against it in order to recover from the brutal telekinetic impact she had sustained earlier. Her whole body hurt terribly, but she knew that she had to get up and help the others drive back the Inquisitors and strike at their leader, and she knew that she could still fight. But she needed a moment, just a moment. The pain would not go away, naturally, nor would she magically get her spear back, but she could at least recover her breath and gather her strength.

Before any Inquisitors could approach her and attack her now that she did not have the protection of the Dragon Mage and her magical fire, Craig arrived by her side, offering her a hand so that she could get up and rejoin the fight. The princess was very grateful for the gesture, and took his hand, grimacing as she forced herself to get up with his help. At the same time, she listened to the boy compliment her courage and ramble about it a little. In her moment of vulnerability, Etla couldn't help feeling her cheeks heating up slightly, which bothered her. She was grateful for the compliment, of course, and for his company as well. She was... happy. But now was a terrible moment to feel like that. There was a battle to be fought, and fire and magic all around them. Now was a terrible moment for anything other than fighting, and it was for this reason that as soon as she was up on her feet, she let go of Craig's hand and moved away, stumbling a little.

"Yes, I'm alright. Thank you very much for your assistance, Craig, and thank you for the compliment as well." The princess spoke, maintaining control over her voice, if not her flushed face. "But do not listen to what the Inquisitor said, Craig. You are just as brave as I. If not, you would not be here with me, fighting for humanity. Remember that." She told him, and then turned around. The Dragon Mage seemed to be holding her ground just fine, her sudden mastery over fire greater than that of her magically powered enemies. But the head Inquisitor had not yet been seriously challenged, it still wielded Etla's spear as he stood stoically before the pyre, now on the ground, having abandoned the hexagon.

Momentarily distracted by Craig's small stunt of putting out the bonfire, Etla immediately looked back to the Inquisitor. It looked very displeased, and pointed its arm towards the pile of electronics, a firebolt emerging from its hand. Reacting immediately, Etla used the power of the Wind Crest to send a gust in that direction, sending the bolt of fire off-course and preventing the mound of technology from being set ablaze again. Naturally, the Inquisitor was growing tired of such interruptions, and before Etla could react, it tossed the spear towards her, intent on returning the injury she had made it. Too fast to be swayed by the wind, the spear soon hit its mark... and fell to the ground, its head dulled to the point of harmlessness all of the sudden.

"You underestimate humans, Inquisitor." The princess taunted him, and then tapped into her wind powers to begin tossing every piece of rubble around her at the head Inquisitor, and even its fellow invaders, in order to keep it distracted. "Craig! If you have a plan, it would be very useful now!" She shouted at her friend.

The Dragon Mage was currently doing the bulk of the fighting, at least in regards to the group that had split off to seek and fight the lead Inquisitor. It was true that she hadn't yet moved to fight it, not yet, but unfortunately the leader's bodyguards and whatever Inquisitors slipped past Mars' group were distracting her, and fortunately they were no match for the fire of the Goddess, even though she was outnumbered. Their command over fire was not greater than hers for as long as she embodied the Dragon's Fire, and the other elements they ruled over were too feeble to drive her back, so they had resort to attack her in great numbers, and even that did not work so well for them. She was able to block attacks from multiple sides using her fire, and she was prepared to face those few who managed to approach her, the dragon-shaped sword she wielded sharp enough to pierce and cut them with ease, though she attempted to maim and not kill. Some of the Inquisitors thought that her tail might be her weak spot, but they were dead wrong, as the appendage was strong enough to subdue them and knock them out.

Yet, for all her strengths, she couldn't help feeling that she was not accomplishing a whole lot, standing there burning Inquisitors while the leader did what he wanted, opposed only by two children who were just learning to work together. She needed some backup, and as luck would have it, it wouldn't take long for backup to arrive. She first noticed when she saw an Inquisitor turning its attention away from her to shoot a firebolt towards a nearby car, before turning away. Trying to peek at the car without getting jumped from all sides, Kirisvala managed to see that there were two people hiding behind it and using it as cover. One of them was a boy from Earth, and the other seemed to be an alien girl, despite being very similar to humans. Being from a race that was also superficially similar, she had learned to tell apart humans while in Earth, so the details that gave away the girl were evident to her.

Thankful for the arrival of more heroes to fight back against the Inquisitors, the Dragon Mage headed straight towards Ajax and Lorn, shoving several enemies away with her tail and knocking out another one with a well-aimed pommel strike to the head. Before long, she arrived at the car and jumped over it, coming to land next to the teenage duo.

"Hello there. Sorry for being so abrupt, but my name is Dragon Mage and I am a fellow heroine. You must've come because you heard the princess calling, yes? If so, you need to help me. The princess and another boy are fighting the leader of the Inquisitors, and I'm stuck here fighting wave after wave of his bodyguards. We need to get rid of them quickly, catch up and fight against the leader of the Inquisitors together. Can you help?"

Hearing Roy make a remark about being a vegetarian just like Valancy, Jamie blushed a bright red all of the sudden. It was perhaps a bit exaggerated for a human, just as intended, and she had always hated that Derrick had been struck with the brilliant idea of making an android that could get flustered while making her. Or perhaps it was the alien gizmo? She had no idea, but it was awful. She looked away, as if that was going to make her companion not notice, and started babbling to excuse herself. "Ah, er... Y-yeah, yeah of course I remember, I knew that already, I was well aware. It's just that, uh, you see... you're not forcing me to go vegetarian or anything. You respect that I'm carnivorous, and I respect that you're a vegetarian! Like buddies ought to do, right? I-I totally didn't mean to say that you were a dugong or anything like that."

Fortunately, there were other things to talk about, and that helped Jamie take her mind off her blunder and relax. "Um, you're right, we're still in our costumes... Oh well, what's wrong with that? It's not like I wear a superhero costume either way, unless we count these completely rad shades." She pointed at her face. "Finding an android weirdo with green hair isn't a terribly hard search either way, the only reason I have a superhero name is because mine is a great one. As for you, sorry to break it to you Roy, but you look great in that thing anyway, so I assure you nobody's going to mind the two of us walking into a burger joint." She said as she pulled out her phone. "Tell you what, I know you're a vegetarian, but potatoes are vegetables aren't they? So I'll buy you some fries for your trouble." She offered.

Before she continued talking Roy's ears off, though, something made her chuckle, a bit nervously, though she was mostly genuinely amused by whatever it was that she saw. Calming down, she gave Roy a mischievous smile. "Look, I even found some people who agree with me." She told him, before showing him the post Valancy made in response to hers, though rather than have him pay attention to that, he urged him to look at the comments.

In the time they were conversing, they reached the place where Jamie had been headed, so Jamie quickly ordered two burgers for herself and some fries for Roy as she waited for her friend's reaction.

Reven simply nodded when the girl in front of him asked if he was referring to the act of talking, and then frowned a bit when she pointed out that it was the simplest way to communicate with other beings, or at least, other beings that were similar to him, to her and to his assailant. However, he did not have anything to say to that. If there was indeed a better way, he did not know of it, though that hardly surprised him, as even though there were many things he lacked knowledge of, he was well aware of his own ignorance. Regardless, dwelling on it did not seem like it would be beneficial for him at this point, so he simply continued paying attention to the girl, nodding when she reacted to his introduction and then simply shaking his head when she made a question regarding his origin.

After that, more questions took place, and it was clear that despite her apparent readiness to hold a conversation with him and the relative patience she had shown so far, the girl did not trust him. He did not think that was unreasonable. On account of his previous meeting with his assailant, he had not been trustful of her or her creature either, at first, on account of having been attacked during his first encounter with a human being, but she had proven to be harmless so far, so he saw no reason to either withhold his trust from her or cause her any harm. The offer she made of leading her to a place with beings that were similar to him in some way piqued his curiosity, and he nodded at her.

"I am... unharmed." He replied to her first question, clearly interpreting it literally. "And I have no reason to harm you or... your hawk."
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 pm

Shadowwell, Spindle, Esternial, and UEF wrote:-fhtagn intensifies-

The White House
Washington, D.C., U.S.A.

The voice that left the man's mouth was wrong. Not incorrect, Kenner had no evidence to disprove the blue-haired man's claims, the voice itself was just... wrong. It sounded almost exactly like a normal voice having a pleasant conversation except for two major things: The man was a hundred yards away, and something about the voice was off in a fundamental way that Kenner couldn't quite pin down. It seemed like Nightingale's friend was the huggy blob, and the not-man was something of an enemy that had something they wanted. On top of all of that, Asset Charlie Lima quite literally dropped in, gave the soldiers a wave, and focused on the confrontation. Kenner needed to get down there. Now.

"Ramirez, Mister Blue-Hair tries anything, blow him to kingdom come." Kenner ordered, Ramirez nodded. Kenner patted the soldier on the shoulder and sprinted inside the White House. He rushed out of the building as quickly as he could, the entire time yelling into his radio. "Jenkins! Parker! Out front, stat!"

By the time Kenner burst out on the White House Lawn, Jenkins and Parker were standing there, eyeing the developing situation with increasing discomfort. Parker fiddled with her SCAR-H. Jenkins gripped his own M249 SAW tightly. Even with their faces concealed beneath their gas masks, it was obvious the two did not like where this was going. Kenner himself was nervous beyond belief, but he did not show it. Officers must make good examples for their men.

"Parker," Kenner began, cocking his G3, "Charlie Lima. Tell him he's gonna wait for this shit to go south, then get to cover. Jenkins, set up a firing position... there. I want a firing arc encompassing all three," he motioned to Nightingale, Jasmine, and Steve, "for when shit hits the fan. I'll jump into this shitstorm on my own. No matter what happens, if this goes south, open fire. I'm dead either way. Understood?"

Jenkins and Parker both saluted, Parker with a half-sarcastic "Lima Charlie!" ("Loud & Clear") and Jenkins with a more straightforward "Sir, yes sir!", before moving out. Kenner himself marched off, taking a deep breath and attempted to keep calm. Okay, Bobby, he thought, Just talk with a fucking psychotic monster that is something straight from fucking Lovecraft's nightmares. No big deal. C'mon, Bobby, you can do this.

By now Kenner was much closer to the standoff. He could see Huggy Blob in all its gut-wrenching glory, looking like it was fighting itself. Kenner held back vomit. Bobby. Mister Blue-Hair. Focus on Mister Blue-hair he chided himself. Hopefully Huggy Blob wasn't like this the whole time. But he wasn't here to worry about the blob. He was here to talk to Mister Blue-Hair.

"Well." Kenner managed, focusing squarely on Mister Blue-Hair, "Captain Kenner, SEEKER. Some revere me as CO. That thing you mentioned is an FIM-92 Stinger MANPAD, a precaution, a bit of security for my ever-so-fragile self. It stays. I hope you don't mind. Now, I'm here to clean up this shitstorm. Starting with," Kenner pointed his G3 at Huggy Blob and Nightingale, "You helping this merc and her friend. I don't much care to be standing out here in the open exposed to X-Ray fire, so please hurry up."

While Kenner dug himself into his own hole, Second Lieutenant Olivia Parker approached Clarence, or, as SEEKER knew him, Asset Charlie Lima. Parker had received a through briefing- a crystalline being in human disguise, possessing a "child-like" intelligence, but extremely powerful- on his abilities, saying the squad was to meet with him at Whiskey Hotel. But she never thought she'd have to interact with him. With little choice, Parker chose to poke Clarance on the shoulder with the barrel of her SCAR. Wouldn't want to see if a mere touch would cut her, no?

"Hey, Charlie Lima," Parker said, something of a slight hint of amusement in her voice, "Lieutenant Parker, SEEKER. I'm a friend. Kenner, our boss," A motion towards the Captain, "Is advising you to act only if things go south- er, that is, if the guy with the blue hair acts up. Focus on Blue Hair Guy. The lizard and blob are ours, I think. Just wait for us to start shooting before you do your thing, okay?"
N U T S !

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:20 am

The Starlight wrote:Valancy

"I can pay for it - and the door" Harry assured, not rising from her own seat and making her best effort to come across as effortlessly confident in a Tony-Stark-like manner. This was how superheroes made friends in the real world, right - through casual invasions of each other's personal space and privacy? She wished she had a bit more to go on than movies right now. Still, she was surprised at how well Mother Earth seemed to be taking it so perhaps she was on the right track.
"I'm Cinder," she said out of politeness, expecting any sort of real introduction to be redundant. While the army had tried to maintain a low profile for her, her identity and alter ego had been public for a few years now and she had done more than a few interviews and media appearances. Plus, there had been that fly-by of the London Pride parade last summer. Although she imagined she probably knew more about the Justice Queens than they had ever needed to learn about her, she expected both women were aware of the other by reputation. "I've kind of just handed my notice in with the British Army and they're probably not that happy about it - which is why I didn't take the front door. Since you girls gave out that big call-to-arms I was looking to join up and hopefully get some sort of asylum, maybe?"
Okay, so that was not exactly Iron Man smooth, she decided, but at least it was honest. She smiled meekly at Valancy, waiting to see how the de-facto Queen of Queens would respond.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:01 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Charmera wrote:"Eh. I always say if you're pissing someone off, you must be doing something right." She remarked in response to his quip. But then the was that high pitched sound that while it did annoy her it was not nearly enough to down her like it did the guards. But what happened next was somewhat less easy to shrug off. The kick to the head was hard to anticipate for. It might have hurt even more had she not eaten a hearty meal before the fight, just in case. As it stood, it managed to dislodge her position slightly, sending her one step back as her head pushed away from the strike. But she did not fall.

Jamal wasn't surprised to see that his kick didn't manage to phase her to a significant degree and only forced her back a single step. He had already assumed that her large build wasn't just for show, and this merely validated that assumption. He was a bit taken aback when her body suddenly became engulfed in blue flames. To be honest, from her demeanor, he had expected her to be more...physical. Granted, she was ultimately still punching him, but the added bonus of the flames was odd to him.

In the end though, he wasn't all that worried. While she was rather quick for someone of her size and stature, he could tell that she was still holding back. Plus, it was obvious anyway give the fact that she openly admitted that she needed her bounties alive. That was her mistake. While Jamal also held back, he ultimately had no qualms about killing her, unlike her--a fact that he would make sure to exploit. He also made note of the fact that the alien was unaffected by her own flames, and he concluded that she simply didn't feel the temperature of the flames, which was ultimately beneficial to him.

Jamal's ability was extremely versatile, and initially, he thought it was simple transmutation. But in reality, it was more than that. Even concepts were susceptible to it. He divided by 0 on the concept of 'hot' using the concept of 'cold'. Because they were opposites, they nullified one another and the flames no longer gave off any heat. However, because the alien didn't appear to feel them anyway, he'd hoped that she wouldn't notice. He dodged at the last second, stumbling backwards in an attempt to seem urgent to get away from the flames. He then jumped backwards to further distance himself, hoping to bait her into believing she was pressing him.

She was about to persue her foe, when she noticed something wrong. Her flames normally didn't feel hot, but now they felt warm at least. Insticts telling her than he had somehow figured out how to mess with her powers. Then she had a thought. Though she was not normally a subtle thinker, she thought for now it would be best to pretend that she didn't know her power had been nullified. I'm not even sure what his power does. He can teleport and put out my fire? This calls for some strategic thinking.

For her, strategic was pushing forwards anyway, but this time to augment her punches she charged some explosive energy in. Like Solar flares, they would likely daze and confuse her opponent light a magnesium flash bag. The downside to this though was that she had to close her eyes while doing it, making nearly sure that the strike aimed for him wouldn't hit, though would still have the flash effect. It wasn't the best plan, considering she was leaving herself wide open while doing this, but Thana couldn't claim to be more than a instinctual fighter, doing what felt right in the moment and using her training to supplement this.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

His arms crossed, Weiss listened to the wolf-eared girl in front of him speak her request, apparently hoping he would somehow get her a laptop. She didn't say why, but it was painfully obvious that she only wanted it so that she would have something to distract herself with, given how she had clearly been indulging in rather messy eating sprees to keep herself busy. Regardless of the motive, it would be the easiest thing in the world to build her a brand new, top-level gaming laptop with the junk lying around his workshop if he didn't indeed have a spare or two lying around somewhere, but he was still fairly annoyed that she interrupted his work for something silly like that, especially since he had been contemplating giving Leonidas a few more upgrades. But he supposed it was no trouble either way, so there was no reason to be like that.

Hearing what she requested afterwards at the end of a pause, though, the techno-empath's hand greeted his face vehemently.

"You want... a steak machine?" He asked, his eye twitching. Of all the strange, dumb and useless things that he had ever been asked to make, and there had been many such requests forwarded to him during the days before he joined the Warhounds, a steak machine was without a doubt the dumbest, and narrowly avoided being the strangest; its usefulness could be debated, he thought, but that wasn't the point here.

"First of all, meat donuts aren't a thing!" He practically snarled, though he quickly regained his composure. For one, it was unbecoming to do talk to someone like that, even if so far said person hadn't shown a lick of intelligence, and there was also the fact that she would probably beat him in a snarling contest if it came down to that, what with the wolf ears and all. "Alright, my bad on that outburst. Nonetheless, you're asking for something absurd. First of all, do you even know how a vending machine works? Someone has to stock them regularly. I assume you don't want this hypothetical steak machine to dispense the steaks raw, so there would have to be an integrated cooking mechanism. That's easy, but like I said, someone has to go buy the steaks and put them in the machine, and if you can't be bothered to buy one and cook it, I doubt you'd be willing to do that; I know I'm not. Either way it would essentially be the same as if you bought them in bulk and I cooked them here, without the need of a vending machine." The young man explained, heading to one of the piles of materials present in his room and rummaging through it.

"Basically, your idea is flawed on so many levels I'm surprised even you had the lack of common sense required to come up with it. You should be honored that-Oh, what's this?" Weiss trailed of after seemingly finding something in the pile, carefully putting aside some of the materials on it in order to dig out his treasure. It was a sleek-looking red laptop with some sort of dinosaur skull design, and after picking it up, he stood up and walked back to Hannah.

"Well, what do you know, I did have a spare. Here's your laptop, it's got a next-gen processor and... Well, you probably don't care about my technobabble anyway, so just take it." The young man said, beginning to extend the laptop to her, though he froze half-motion as he gave Hannah another once-over. Slightly curling his lip for a moment, he looked at her with an awkward stare. "On second thought... Would you terribly mind washing up a little before I give it to you? If not a shower, then at least wash your hands. There's a restroom over there." He pointed at a nearby door, still holding the laptop just out of Hannah's reach.

At his outburst, Hannah cocked an eyebrow up. She had not expected this violent a reaction. She did expect him to be annoyed at her for suggesting it, but not be offended by the mere suggestion of the plan itself. Afterwards she regained her "too cool to care" face and sighed. "A meat donut is like a jelly donut, but with meat instead of jelly. Or heck, just meat in a donut shape. I'm not picky about either." She remarked. Then messed with her hair. She did feel a tad foolish she had to admit. "Okay Okay. No meat vending machine. I'll just go hunting or grab something from the supermarket to sate my cravings..." She relented. Then had a thought. "Though, you're going to say this is crazy too, but what about a machine which cooks, cuts and serves the meat for you. Like you'd just have to put a raw steak in and then it would come out done." She suggested.

Then she noticed that the laptop had been found. Though she frowned indignantly when he told her to wash. But then smiled and put her hands up. "Okay. Okay." She spoke, walking to the toilet and then quickly washing her hands, then drying them. She also made an effort to clean up her appearance a tad more in other areas, like the barbecue sauce around her face.

She popped out again, then smiled looking at the laptop. Then paused. "Um... I've never had one of these before... So..." She paused, then strained, embarassed to even ask. Asking for something like a laptop was easy, asking for help was harder.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 am

Solo Arc: Weekend in Moscow

Leona Visarionova

Part 1

The evening sun had already vanished behind the horizon of the endless Russian expanse here in Moscow, in our humble and small headquarters - a small home in the suburbs of the enormous metropolis. While other parties of the nation showed off their wealth and power with colossal structures reminiscent of ancient manors or even comparable to the Duma, we decided to stay close to the people we represent. There is no reason to spend millions of rubles on something as worthless as a party headquarters. The wooden clock, hanging on the wall on the other side of the table, had recently reached midnight, and yet I was still awake and busy, focused on the stash of papers and books in front of me, as well as the laptop in the center of it all. Everyone else had already dispersed and left for their homes - we had a discussion on the possible role of the Internet in the upcoming communist society, whether as a tool to shape public opinion or as a hazard and hive for bourgeois thinking. The only person in the entire building besides me was my vice-chairman, Viktor Orbanov, who promised to stay with me, just in case. Even then, he was as sleepy as a military trained man could be, and I'm pretty sure a big part of him wishes that I would go home already and let him get back to his bed.

He's not a bad person, though. I met Viktor all the way back in high school, we studied in the same history class for two years. While not all that book smart, he always had healthy common sense and a quick mind, and when I met him again after he had finished studying in the Sankt Petersburg War Academy, I could barely recognize him. He's a mutant, too - he told me that he figured that out while in a drill exercise, in an accident, much like me - but we still haven't figured out exactly what his powers are. Sometimes he becomes a little stronger, sometimes he gets covered in an aura, but there's no pattern that I could distinguish, at least not like mine... Nevertheless, we are still working on it. When all other Russian political parties turn a blind eye to mutants and metahumans or just outright reject them, we fight alongside them for their cause and accept them in our ranks.

Of course, not only because everyone should be equal, but also because few nations have yet to tap into the full strength of the metahuman population and use them for their benefit. And it's definitely an opportunity wasted.

"...mmh..." Oh? Viktor finally woke up from a little nap he had, and once again noticed that I am still working. "...Leona... can you, uh, finish it tomorrow?.."

"Shh!" I replied and took a sip from my red coffee mug. Even though the drink was already cold, it worked great for keeping me aware. "This is the most important part!"

I once again took a glance at the opened "Das Kapital" and continued typing down on my laptop. It is to my dismay that the people of modern day have turned a blind, stereotype-filled eye to the socialist ideology. Everything that the masses know of our cause is either from the former Soviet Union - a failed attempt at creating the communist utopia that turned into a stagnant pseudo-fascist state - or popular opinion, which is not always right. A part of the cause is that most of the works written on communism - from Karl Marx's Manifesto to Lenin's complete works - have aged and are incompatible with the mental process and thought of present day. A modern man would read one of these works and ask "What about superheroes?" "What about the internet?" "What about democracy?" "What about technology?" and others. There aren't many ideological thinkers of this scale left - not ones that support Marxism, anyway - so it was I who had to take up on the task and update the ideology for the present.

And for the future.

"...mmh..." Viktor woke up again, this time much earlier. That's new. "...Leona, did you hear that?"

I... what? I lifted up my pupils and looked at Viktor. He was no longer sleepy, but rather listening to the surroundings and looking aroung, worried a little.

Thud. That sound, it's coming from inside...

Thud.

"Someone's inside." Viktor rose from his seat and began slowly strolling towards the main corridor, holding onto the handle of his semi-automatic pistol, still in the pocket on his belt. I quckly saved the file and took out the laptop's plug out of the socket, turning it off instantly - just in case someone was trying to hack into the computer. As soon as I put it back in it's case, the sound of gunshots, coming from the corridor, reached my ears.

Aah! Viktor! Call 112! Wait... It will only bring more problems - an opposition leader calling for an emergency? When the Putinist regime would love to get rid of you? It would be just a death warrant. I clenched my fists, beginning to draw energy from the vacuum, and started to run after my comrade to the corridor. Come on... Hurry! Hurry! Unlike me, Viktor cannot take a gunshot! Come on...

Yes! After taking a sharp turn, I came face-to-face with the intruder - a man armed with an automatic rifle, wearing a mask and goggles, as well as a bulletproof vest. Viktor was in front of him , kneeling with his hands raised. Darn, they took him as a hostage! But... there's no reason to back down! I can react to a bullet, I swear!

"Stop! Or I shoot down the hostage!" the man exclaimed, in Russian. So he's not a foreign agent. I stopped, but pointed my right index finger at the gun's barrel, and instantly applied the Casimir Force between it and my hands. In mere milliseconds, the weapon was ripped out of the man's grasp and came right into my hands. This was followed by the intruder moving back in shock - he certainly did not expect that - and Viktor standing back up.

"What is this sorcery?" the attacker muttered. My vice-chairman continued to approach him. "You! Stay back! I still have a knife!"

Viktor bit his lower lip out of frustration, eyes closed, and clenched his right fist. A dark red aura manifested around his body - what, again? I must study it's effects to determine what it is - this is a rare chance... This aura only intimidated the man, and he took out a small combat knife out of his pocket, standing in a combat position.

"D-do not move!" he exclaimed. The more things escalated, the more frightened he got... Viktor seemed fed up with this.

"FOOL!" he screamed out and slammed his fist right into the foe's abdomen. A bit of spit, mixed with blood, poured out of the man's mouth before he collapsed on the ground, unconscious. In a single blow...

"Look, Leona!" Viktor commented upon inspecting the body further, then took out a small badge from one of the pockets, with a tiny bit of fabric attached to it. "It's the badge of the Russian Special Forces. He ripped it off his suit, probably to avoid being caught."

"So, that tells us that... this man is from the Spetsnaz?" I replied with my own question.

"Well, not quite, but he is from the Russian military, that's for sure." Viktor continued inspecting the man. In one of the pockets, he found a strange folded document, and I walked up to take a glance. It was... me!

Me!

A picture of me, my face, and a detailed plan of the headquarters and a map of it's location. Well, this pretty much seals it.

"Well, this pretty much seals it." Exactly, Viktor. Took the words right out of my mouth." The Putinists didn't like your agitation that much, so they decided to try and get rid of you before you cause much trouble for them. And by 'get rid of you', I mean 'place a bullet or two in between your eyes'."

"It's expected of the bourgeois to grasp at any possible straw to stay in power. This just shows us how malevolent the current system is."

"No thoughts on giving up, Leona?"

"Not a chance." I laughed. "Not even a living, walking God would be able to convince me to back down. In fact, this gave me even more ammunition to fire at them in the upcoming election."

"Well, back to waiting for you to finish..."

"Oh, no, don't worry about it, I'll finish it tomorrow," I spoke as I grabbed my jacket and out it on, ready to head outside again. "However, make sure to contact table other party leaders - tell them that we're going to organize a rally in response. Only five days are left before election day, so we have to do it quick."

"As you wish, dear Leader."

"Oh, come on, Viktor, we know each other personally. That title is reserved for everyone else."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Weiss was concerned that Hannah would not take kindly to his request to show some personal hygiene before he gave her the laptop, but fortunately, after acting all offended for a moment, she agreed to it in good faith and headed to the restroom. Seeing her smile and walk away, he felt a little bad for his own unkind demeanor, but he quickly shrugged it off, telling himself that he was just making sure that his machines would be treated well. He was the only one who could listen to them and take care of them accordingly, after all, and he knew for a fact that dorito and barbecue sauce stains were not a thing that laptops enjoyed. For the time being, he simply placed the laptop on top of a nearby table. He had other things to do.

Heading to the corner of the room, he pulled down a large piece of cloth that was concealing behind it a large white machine with several compartments and a dozen buttons controlling the functions of each one of them. He activated it and listened, not to the sounds made by its mechanical structure, but to the thoughts and emotions that it conveyed. Fortunately, both sources indicated that the machine was in working order, and he smiled.

Just about then, Hannah came back out of the restroom and awkwardly hinted that she needed some help with the laptop. Weiss blinked and looked at her, somewhat confused. "Um, really? You've never- where have you been living, a mountain?" He said, genuinely surprised to hear she had never had her hands on a computer before. Surely most people had used one at some point in their lives, no? And even if not, the technology was relatively intuitive, so he wasn't sure why she was having trouble. "Nevermind that, wait a moment." He told her afterwards, grabbing two stools nearby and placing them by the table, one for himself and one for the wolf girl. Sitting down, he took the laptop.

"Alright... I'm just going to assume you know nothing about these things, which I probably would have done anyway, so bear with me. If you pay some attention, by the time I'm done you should at least know how to do some basic things." He said, before turning on the computer and getting started on his crash course to train the wolf girl so that she could continue on her quest for YouTube cat videos. It wasn't quick, but luckily for both of them, it wasn't very long either.

"That should help. Oh, and if you're going to the supermarket, get me something too." He told her.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda wrote:

The White House
Washington, D.C., U.S.A.

The voice that left the man's mouth was wrong. Not incorrect, Kenner had no evidence to disprove the blue-haired man's claims, the voice itself was just... wrong. It sounded almost exactly like a normal voice having a pleasant conversation except for two major things: The man was a hundred yards away, and something about the voice was off in a fundamental way that Kenner couldn't quite pin down. It seemed like Nightingale's friend was the huggy blob, and the not-man was something of an enemy that had something they wanted. On top of all of that, Asset Charlie Lima quite literally dropped in, gave the soldiers a wave, and focused on the confrontation. Kenner needed to get down there. Now.

"Ramirez, Mister Blue-Hair tries anything, blow him to kingdom come." Kenner ordered, Ramirez nodded. Kenner patted the soldier on the shoulder and sprinted inside the White House. He rushed out of the building as quickly as he could, the entire time yelling into his radio. "Jenkins! Parker! Out front, stat!"

By the time Kenner burst out on the White House Lawn, Jenkins and Parker were standing there, eyeing the developing situation with increasing discomfort. Parker fiddled with her SCAR-H. Jenkins gripped his own M249 SAW tightly. Even with their faces concealed beneath their gas masks, it was obvious the two did not like where this was going. Kenner himself was nervous beyond belief, but he did not show it. Officers must make good examples for their men.

"Parker," Kenner began, cocking his G3, "Charlie Lima. Tell him he's gonna wait for this shit to go south, then get to cover. Jenkins, set up a firing position... there. I want a firing arc encompassing all three," he motioned to Nightingale, Jasmine, and Steve, "for when shit hits the fan. I'll jump into this shitstorm on my own. No matter what happens, if this goes south, open fire. I'm dead either way. Understood?"

Jenkins and Parker both saluted, Parker with a half-sarcastic "Lima Charlie!" ("Loud & Clear") and Jenkins with a more straightforward "Sir, yes sir!", before moving out. Kenner himself marched off, taking a deep breath and attempted to keep calm. Okay, Bobby, he thought, Just talk with a fucking psychotic monster that is something straight from fucking Lovecraft's nightmares. No big deal. C'mon, Bobby, you can do this.

By now Kenner was much closer to the standoff. He could see Huggy Blob in all its gut-wrenching glory, looking like it was fighting itself. Kenner held back vomit. Bobby. Mister Blue-Hair. Focus on Mister Blue-hair he chided himself. Hopefully Huggy Blob wasn't like this the whole time. But he wasn't here to worry about the blob. He was here to talk to Mister Blue-Hair.

"Well." Kenner managed, focusing squarely on Mister Blue-Hair, "Captain Kenner, SEEKER. Some revere me as CO. That thing you mentioned is an FIM-92 Stinger MANPAD, a precaution, a bit of security for my ever-so-fragile self. It stays. I hope you don't mind. Now, I'm here to clean up this shitstorm. Starting with," Kenner pointed his G3 at Huggy Blob and Nightingale, "You helping this merc and her friend. I don't much care to be standing out here in the open exposed to X-Ray fire, so please hurry up."

While Kenner dug himself into his own hole, Second Lieutenant Olivia Parker approached Clarence, or, as SEEKER knew him, Asset Charlie Lima. Parker had received a through briefing- a crystalline being in human disguise, possessing a "child-like" intelligence, but extremely powerful- on his abilities, saying the squad was to meet with him at Whiskey Hotel. But she never thought she'd have to interact with him. With little choice, Parker chose to poke Clarance on the shoulder with the barrel of her SCAR. Wouldn't want to see if a mere touch would cut her, no?

"Hey, Charlie Lima," Parker said, something of a slight hint of amusement in her voice, "Lieutenant Parker, SEEKER. I'm a friend. Kenner, our boss," A motion towards the Captain, "Is advising you to act only if things go south- er, that is, if the guy with the blue hair acts up. Focus on Blue Hair Guy. The lizard and blob are ours, I think. Just wait for us to start shooting before you do your thing, okay?"

Steve winced as Nightingale shot him, or tried to, he then spoke to the SEEKER Agent. "Well the solutions i told your violent friend were the immediate solutions. Eventually perhaps a solution will present itself, but as of right now we have two sould fighting for control of one body. If something isn't done soon, she may be irreparably harmed." Steve chuckled slightly before continuing " Not that having a piece of a being that governs insanity and fear, being forcibly implanted leaves one unscathed."

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Tomia wrote:Cora
Cora was shocked by the woman's response. Usually petty criminals merely ran off scared when they saw her. This one was clearly not intimidated. Cora frowned at her words. She was not used to being spoken to like that and she didn't like it. She felt a rush of anger and a desire to snap but she forced those thoughts down. She was supposed to take the high road. What kind of superhero would she be if she started fighting every person that made her mad?

She took a deep breath and sighed, "Look, I don't want to fight. Can't you just tell me why you're doing this? You know I used to do stuff like this. I realized though that I was just calling out for attention. I'm in the business of helping people, so is there anything I can do to help?"

Diva

And she's trying to help, even the biggest idiot could've predicted that so nothing to be either excited or disappointed at. Well, I suppose I should do the right thing and keep my word, if nothing else I'm honest I suppose "Well, I do this because I can, and because I can, I'm continuing." I shook the graffiti can and held it like I was going to continue spraying the wall, however I held it slightly turned so once I actually pressed the push button, Recharge would be the new canvas, my word of using her as the target will be kept.

Indo-pasif archipelago
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Indo-pasif archipelago » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Andre | Flesh

Andre carefully took a sample from the petri dish. He had been growing his own epithelial cells for the past few weeks, to search their possible anticarcinogenic and regenerative ability. While normal cells can only divide so much before their telomer become too short and prone to cancer. While Andre had been careful not to use his abilities too much until he become a cancerous blob, he found out that when he consume fresh stem cells, his body seems to 'resupply' his telomer, something that isn't supposed to happen, at least according human science.

And Andre thought he might have found the answer. Under the microscope, there is no visible difference between his cell and a normal cell. But when he tracked the Xantheian genes using fluorescent tag, Andre noticed something. They acted as a placeholder for various genes, and produce proteins that play in silencing or amplifying other genes. Now, if only he could have a sample from other metahu-

Someone opened the door. Andre had kept his research in secret, since he knew what kind of biological weapons would be made from it if any of the corrupt government get their hands on his research. He quickly stored his samples and turn off the microscope. A shock ran through the intruder's hand into Andre, caused him to jump as soon as it touched his body. "Pelita, you surprised me."

The woman in lab coat simply put on a smile. She was Andre's colleague and an old friend from ICL. She turned Andre around and tapped him softly. "Come on, don't get too stiff. What are you doing anyway staying at the lab this late." Andre moved her hands. "Just finishing my research on that fungus, you know, the one that have a natural antibiotics, what are you doing anyway? You aren't going to steal anyone's idea, are you?" Pelita looked at Andre suspiciously for a second before quickly changed it into a smile. She was a happy-go-lucky type, and nothing seems to be able to make her down. "Of course not," she let out a small laugh, "I left my phone here today. You understand how people these days can't live without their phone even for one night. So, you are planning to go home? I brought my car here." Andre shook his heads. "Thank you for your nice offering, but I can take train home." Pelita's phone rang across the empty facility, much to their surprise. "Well I guess that's my cue. Good bye Lita, make sure you turn off the light." Andre took his jacket and walked away. "Hey, you are the one that staying up here! You just can't leave like that!" Andre laughed, something that he hadn't done since the events back at the zoo, "Well you still need to answer that phone aren't you? Ciao". Pelita just grinned before answering her phone. " Yes sir? Yes, he was here. No, I don't think he knows."
Last edited by Indo-pasif archipelago on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I picked the Anarchist Hog

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:02 pm

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda wrote:

The White House
Washington, D.C., U.S.A.

Washington D.C.
White House

Clarence stood by as he watched the discourse between the three meta-humans. One seemed to suffer from some affliction, as far as he could gather, but before he could interject and inquire they were interrupted by a SEEKER soldier. The barrel of the SCAR made a soft metallic noise as it touched Clarence shoulder. It was evident that, underneath the clothing he wore, there was no soft organic tissue. He hadn't the foggiest as to the identity of the woman addressing him, but she knew who he was. Clarence found himself at a social disadvantage.

"I've noticed." Clarence replied to Lt. Parker's introduction, referring to her uniform. Vaguely he could recall being told to 'prioritise the protection of SEEKER assets in the D.C. area', and it would seem these assets considered the three metahumans before them as a potential danger.

"Can't be too careful, I suppose." Clarence replied, nodding in agreement to the lieutenant's orders. Meatbags were notoriously frail things. There were several bullets and empty casings nearby, presumably fired and dropped by the SEEKER soldiers present. Simply by opening his hand he pulled several of them into his palm and subsequently suspended them in the air above it. Now he'd be able to act at a moment's notice.

"Might be more merciful to put her down." He commented on Steve's diagnosis of the meta-woman as he looked at her, his gaze no different as if he were looking at any other wounded creature. To Clarence, it seemed pointless to let her suffer.

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Esternial,Shadowwell, Spindle wrote:Snip

Nightingale

She looked to the side and saw another man this time in a trench coat he seemed to be another Meta, she scowled at his offer,
"Jas will not come to harm! I don't care if I need to share her pain to lessen hers just make it stop! Also you Trench Coat Mafia wannabe back off this isn't your fight!" She yelled her larynx burning at the force of of her yelling, her gaze then settled on Steve,
"So come on Freak show! Combine her soul along with that thing inside of her with mine! And don't say you can't because that's Bullshit!" Her eye's were blazing with anger now.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Siliarba wrote:Diva: "I am edge. Your kindness and reasonableness offends me. Eat paint ginger.

Cora's eyes widened as she saw the girl aim the paint can at her. Cora's reflexes were nearly predictive, so she saw the move right as it was happening. She moved out of the way at hyper speed, ending up behind Diva. She grabbed the paint can from the girl's arm, twisting the arm behind her back. She was gentle, but used enough force to hold a normal person.

"Hey! Look, I was trying to be nice, but you're really wearing out my patience!" Cora shouted in an annoyed tone. She could be at home with her girlfriend and friends right now instead she was dealing with an annoying graffiti artist who wanted to spray her with paint.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Jamie: Babe-magnet at the burger joint. What could possibly go wrong?!

Roy couldn't help but smile when Jamie apologized for calling him a dugong. He couldn't deny that her awkwardness had a sense of charm to it and she was cute when she rambled. It felt weird to him that he noticed that but he pushed it out of his mind to come up with a smart reply. "Eh, dugongs are cute and cuddly, I don't really mind." He said playfully before continuing. "Ya we're cool Jamie. You can eat meat if you want, I don't mind." He told her sincerely.

He blushed when she jokingly commented on his looks. Jamie did that often, mostly in a teasing way, but it always flustered him a bit. He was a quite shy kind of guy who preferred to live in the shadow. No one paid him any attention the first 16 years of his life so the next four were kind of overwhelming for him. When Jamie showed him the comments his cheeks turned near scarlet as he read them. "Marrymenightshadow? Jeez, I don't even know these girls..." He said lowly as they walked into the restaurant. People started looking at them once inside and Roy was tempted to disappear into the shadows but he didn't want to ditch Jamie. He stood there awkwardly waiting for his fries when a group of what looked like college girls, giggling as they stared at him on the other-side of the rope barrier.

"Hey... You're Nightshadow right?" One of them said.

"Uh ya."

They made a serious of "oh my gods!" and "So cools" before pulling out pens and random items and demanding autographs. Roy awkwardly signed shirts, phone cases, even an arm in one case before turning to Jamie and whispering, "Can we go now?"
Last edited by Tomia on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse