Cerillium wrote:Germanic Templars wrote:Sooo.... For the past few days, during free time at work (and not during lunch break or my 15 minute breaks) I have been busy reading up on The Lord of the Rings canon and everything to it. To the point that if I were to create a character, I could have the age they came from, the place, their back story, occupation, and reason on how they got here..... Sadly no real defined motive for them. Plus I have enough characters to run to the point it is ridiculous.
Park the characters you don't intend to use.
LOTR - please be very familiar with it if you intend to run things canon (rather than spoof), especially elves; diehard fans will cringe as badly as they do when encountering the bastardized "40K" (SPOOF) we wank here in PL.![]()
The Starlight runs the Tolkien RP Group if you're interested in participating in Middle Earth RPs down the line. Their thread is quiet but I believe they're all still in touch with each other. It's worth visiting some time. Good people.
Other resources:
- Lord of the Rings Wiki
- Tolkien Gateway
- LOTR Project (The Interactive map is fantastic.)
Video History of Middle Earth: (Part 5 and 6 in this format are no longer offered although there are links to a version that omits the subtitle explanation)I can't praise these videos enough. Masterfully put together, 1-4 are fairly accurate although some interpretations are loose after that.
- History of Middle Earth part 1: the creation of Arda up to Dagor-nuin-Giliath
- History of Middle Earth part 2: the wakening of Men up to Nírnaeth Arnoediad
- History of Middle Earth part 3: the capturing of Hurin up to the third kinslaying
- History of Middle Earth part 4: the War of Wrath up to defeat of Morgoth
- History of Middle-earth 5: Lords of the fallen - no subtitles
- History of Middle-earth 6: The Witch-King of Angmar - no subtitles
- History of Middle Earth part 7: attack on Minas Ithil up to downfall of Sauron
- History of Middle Earth part 8: the story of Lady Galadriel
- History of Middle Earth part 9: the story of Elrond
- History of Middle Earth part 10: the story of the Dwarves
What is this stuff Ceril?






