NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC Thread X [sign-up & planning]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17417
Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:Sooo.... For the past few days, during free time at work (and not during lunch break or my 15 minute breaks) I have been busy reading up on The Lord of the Rings canon and everything to it. To the point that if I were to create a character, I could have the age they came from, the place, their back story, occupation, and reason on how they got here..... Sadly no real defined motive for them. Plus I have enough characters to run to the point it is ridiculous.

Park the characters you don't intend to use.

LOTR - please be very familiar with it if you intend to run things canon (rather than spoof), especially elves; diehard fans will cringe as badly as they do when encountering the bastardized "40K" (SPOOF) we wank here in PL. :p

The Starlight runs the Tolkien RP Group if you're interested in participating in Middle Earth RPs down the line. Their thread is quiet but I believe they're all still in touch with each other. It's worth visiting some time. Good people.

Other resources:

Video History of Middle Earth: (Part 5 and 6 in this format are no longer offered although there are links to a version that omits the subtitle explanation)
I can't praise these videos enough. Masterfully put together, 1-4 are fairly accurate although some interpretations are loose after that.

What is this stuff Ceril?
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.


I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Lord of the Rings, bruh.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17417
Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:16 pm

Is it okay that I don't know what LOTR is?
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.


I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Back from work. It was a fundraiser night for Track and Field, so naturally, we got flooded with calls from the worst and most nit-picky people on the face of the planet: The parents of people in Track and Field.

User avatar
Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20453
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:22 pm

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:Is it okay that I don't know what LOTR is?


Never saw the movies? Or the Hobbit? To put it to you this way, most major fantasy get their ideas from Tolken's work. Cause how much effort he put into creating the history behind it. Even created a history that spans back to creating of Earth, of Middle Realm. Even languages for the Elves, Black Speak of the Orcs. Such potential to learn from, imo, it would be good to either read the books and/or watch the movies.

  • INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue


I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

User avatar
Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17417
Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:Is it okay that I don't know what LOTR is?


Never saw the movies? Or the Hobbit? To put it to you this way, most major fantasy get their ideas from Tolken's work. Cause how much effort he put into creating the history behind it. Even created a history that spans back to creating of Earth, of Middle Realm. Even languages for the Elves, Black Speak of the Orcs. Such potential to learn from, imo, it would be good to either read the books and/or watch the movies.

Nope,I've only seen trailers.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.


I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:29 pm

My family LOVES LOTR.

We've seen all the movies, extended, and have all the books.

Watch it.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11978
Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:Is it okay that I don't know what LOTR is?


Never saw the movies? Or the Hobbit? To put it to you this way, most major too much fantasy get their ideas from Tolken's work.

Fixed that for ya. :P The Dark Lord of Oxford did indeed cast his shadow over Middle Fantasy, but fortunately, there were some who resisted. ;)
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30310
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Park the characters you don't intend to use.

LOTR - please be very familiar with it if you intend to run things canon (rather than spoof), especially elves; diehard fans will cringe as badly as they do when encountering the bastardized "40K" (SPOOF) we wank here in PL. :p

The Starlight runs the Tolkien RP Group if you're interested in participating in Middle Earth RPs down the line. Their thread is quiet but I believe they're all still in touch with each other. It's worth visiting some time. Good people.

Other resources:

Video History of Middle Earth: (Part 5 and 6 in this format are no longer offered although there are links to a version that omits the subtitle explanation)
I can't praise these videos enough. Masterfully put together, 1-4 are fairly accurate although some interpretations are loose after that.

What is this stuff Ceril?

Here you go, Tsu
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Mmm, didn't Tolkien fight in WW1? I thought I heard that somewhere.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30310
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:50 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Mmm, didn't Tolkien fight in WW1? I thought I heard that somewhere.

WWI and served in WWII.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20453
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:
Never saw the movies? Or the Hobbit? To put it to you this way, most major fantasy get their ideas from Tolken's work. Cause how much effort he put into creating the history behind it. Even created a history that spans back to creating of Earth, of Middle Realm. Even languages for the Elves, Black Speak of the Orcs. Such potential to learn from, imo, it would be good to either read the books and/or watch the movies.

Nope,I've only seen trailers.


Lemme show you parts from LotR: The Two Towers

My favorite at least.

Saruman and Sauron discuss the rise of a new world and the Burning of the West Fold

Saruman's Speech

My favorite cause I get a giggle from it
Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!

Run down on who these creatures are and why should I care?

Well tthose black orcs are called Uruk-Hai. Strongest form of orcs. More refined than the Black Uruks. Their name is Black Speak for "Orc-folk".

Again, these men, from the armor to the weapons, to the way they are, are pure bad ass.

The White Wizard talking, is Saruman. Head of the White Order (those who opposed Sauron), and of the wizards (there are 5 total). He was around before Earth was made. in the Peter Jackson movie, he is played by none other than my favorite actor, Sir Christopher Lee. Yes, the same guy who played as Count Dooku in the Prequels of Star Wars.

And now you wonder who is Sauron? Well that will be explained later... For now after reading the Wiki on him, I have come to learn that everything that made up old Saruon (before he was corrupted) is the same virtues that Thriller holds... on top of that, Thriller has died the same amount of times as him... Dammit. :lol:

Now I am motivated to have him find a tech priest to help him build rings that can augment the powers of others.




Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:
Never saw the movies? Or the Hobbit? To put it to you this way, most major too much fantasy get their ideas from Tolken's work.

Fixed that for ya. :P The Dark Lord of Oxford did indeed cast his shadow over Middle Fantasy, but fortunately, there were some who resisted. ;)


Too damn true. :lol: :clap:

  • INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue


I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

User avatar
Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11978
Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:My favorite cause I get a giggle from it
Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!

Yup. It was a great throw-away gag. :)

In TT, I really liked the attack on Helm's Deep. Problem is, I like it because Saruman planned the attack well. :p But I'm more fond of the backstory (now tacked on to the begining of FotR) and the Bridge of Khazad-dûm sequence than any part of TT.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

User avatar
Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20453
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:My favorite cause I get a giggle from it
Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!

Yup. It was a great throw-away gag. :)

In TT, I really liked the attack on Helm's Deep. Problem is, I like it because Saruman planned the attack well. :p But I'm more fond of the backstory (now tacked on to the begining of FotR) and the Bridge of Khazad-dûm sequence than any part of TT.


Well, if you were around since the creation of Earth, and saw and been apart of may battles, then you would be good at planning as well.

Fun Fact: Sauron's old name was Mairon (the admirable). However, being corrupted by Dark Lord Morgoth, and after pledging his allegiance to him, forging the One Ring (and rings for other races) in the Second era, and a bunch of side fillers, his name took a more mocked form of Sauron (the abhorred).

Seriously, I wanna see a movie on Sauron's past before he came on what he was going to be.

  • INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue


I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30310
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:25 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Yup. It was a great throw-away gag. :)

In TT, I really liked the attack on Helm's Deep. Problem is, I like it because Saruman planned the attack well. :p But I'm more fond of the backstory (now tacked on to the begining of FotR) and the Bridge of Khazad-dûm sequence than any part of TT.


Well, if you were around since the creation of Earth, and saw and been apart of may battles, then you would be good at planning as well.

Fun Fact: Sauron's old name was Mairon (the admirable). However, being corrupted by Dark Lord Morgoth, and after pledging his allegiance to him, forging the One Ring (and rings for other races) in the Second era, and a bunch of side fillers, his name took a more mocked form of Sauron (the abhorred).

Seriously, I wanna see a movie on Sauron's past before he came on what he was going to be.

Go back one page. Cer posted that stuff for you.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20453
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:
Well, if you were around since the creation of Earth, and saw and been apart of may battles, then you would be good at planning as well.

Fun Fact: Sauron's old name was Mairon (the admirable). However, being corrupted by Dark Lord Morgoth, and after pledging his allegiance to him, forging the One Ring (and rings for other races) in the Second era, and a bunch of side fillers, his name took a more mocked form of Sauron (the abhorred).

Seriously, I wanna see a movie on Sauron's past before he came on what he was going to be.

Go back one page. Cer posted that stuff for you.


Can't go back! This train go one way! :P

Yeah, didn't know those were videos. Thought it would take me stuff to read.

  • INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue


I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

User avatar
Erinkita II
Diplomat
 
Posts: 908
Founded: Oct 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita II » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:50 am

Do not remove this search tag: #PLAPP
Your NS Nation's Nickname:Erin

Character Name: Eumelia (Melly)

Character Gender: Female

Character Species: Cyclops

Character Physical Description: Melly is 17 and small for her age, standing 8’5”. Despite her size and inhuman appearance, she embodies the image of a gawky teenager, seemingly being made mostly out of elbows and knees.
Her skin is a pale purplish-grey and rough-textured like a toad. Her stiff black hair reaches just past her ears with an awkward fringe. She hasn’t yet found a hairstyle that works. Her face is, naturally, dominated by her single giant round eye, which has a bluish sclera, yellow iris, and vertical slitted pupil like a cat. Her nose is a small bump with two slits and her thin-lipped mouth is proportionately much wider than a human’s, with a disquieting number of sharp teeth.
She usually dresses in an ancient Greek style, tunics and cloaks and such, but only because they don’t make more modern clothing in her size.

URL to Character Picture http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq251/Badwall/Eumelia%202.png

Primary Skill or Power: Melly is very strong, albeit weak by Cyclops standards. She has 6 points in strength and 3 in endurance.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She’s uncoordinated and has something of a mental block when it comes to violence.

Secondary Skill or Power: She has some tiny modicum of talent in painting. 1 point. She might be actually good at it in time.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She doesn’t put proper thought into her compositions usually ends up with wonky scale.

Character Background/Biography: Melly hasn’t had much of a life up til now. The Cyclopes were once a mighty race, but have been in slow, painful decline for many thousands of years. Having all but given up on interdimensional travel long ago, they are more or less confined to their own sub-dimension, eking out a primitive existence in the ruins of their former empire. Embittered by the knowledge of all that was lost, Cyclopes do the only thing that makes sense to them: they rage. And through random violence, they slowly drive themselves to extinction.
Eumelia was born into one of the most inconsequential tribes, its first child in thirty years. With typical Cyclops myopia, her family were too busy mourning the past to celebrate the present, so she was left alone for the most part. She quickly developed a distaste for the attitudes of the rest of her species and saw nothing worth obsessing over in the ancient remnants of their dead culture. She was far more interested in the snippets she was able to learn of humanity, a living culture that spends its time making new things and having actual ideas.
It took her two years to find an intact dimensional portal and another year to figure out how to activate it again, but Eumelia eventually found her way to this corner of the 3rd dimension. The adjustment period was difficult. The first problem was that nobody spoke Classical Greek anymore. The second problem was that she was an eight-foot-tall monster. She eventually learned to work around these issues.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Melly thinks it’s a fascinating place and she’d like to know more about it. It’s also the place where it might be almost possible for her to keep low-key.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/empty-li ... 499663.jpg

Link to RP examples: viewtopic.php?p=13364905#p13364905
viewtopic.php?p=10813280#p10813280
viewtopic.php?p=14064293#p14064293
viewtopic.php?p=13136317#p13136317
viewtopic.php?p=16175636#p16175636

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
A geeky teenaged Cyclops making it on her own in the human world. Plucky, optimistic, and awkward. Cue sitcom music.
She's an escapee from a dying culture here to study and experience a living one. As such, she's naive but intensely curious and up for almost anything.
Last edited by Erinkita II on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Erin. Here to be friends.
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent." --Dyakovo
"I used to believe in forever, but forever's too good to be true." --Winnie the Pooh
"I feel like I've put a lot of work into this meat reality. I'd like to see it through." --Finn the Human

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Terintania » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:17 am

Hey peeps. Thinking of jumping back in to this if I can. Any important changes happen?
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30310
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:47 am

Erinkita II wrote:
Do not remove this search tag: #PLAPP
Your NS Nation's Nickname:Erin

Character Name: Eumelia (Melly)

Character Gender: Female

Character Species: Cyclops

Character Physical Description: Melly is 17 and small for her age, standing 8’5”. Despite her size and inhuman appearance, she embodies the image of a gawky teenager, seemingly being made mostly out of elbows and knees.
Her skin is a pale purplish-grey and rough-textured like a toad. Her stringy black hair reaches her shoulders with an awkward fringe. She hasn’t yet found a hairstyle that works. Her face is, naturally, dominated by her single giant round eye, which has a bluish sclera, yellow iris, and vertical slitted pupil like a cat. Her nose is a small bump with two slits and her thin-lipped mouth is proportionately much wider than a human’s, with a disquieting number of sharp teeth.
She usually dresses in an ancient Greek style, tunics and cloaks and such, but only because they don’t make more modern clothing in her size.

Primary Skill or Power: Melly is very strong, albeit weak by Cyclops standards. She has 6 points in strength and 3 in endurance.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She’s uncoordinated and has something of a mental block when it comes to violence.

Secondary Skill or Power: She has some tiny modicum of talent in painting. 1 point. She might be actually good at it in time.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She doesn’t put proper thought into her compositions usually ends up with wonky scale.

Character Background/Biography: Melly hasn’t had much of a life up til now. The Cyclopes were once a mighty race, but have been in slow, painful decline for many thousands of years. Having all but given up on interdimensional travel long ago, they are more or less confined to their own sub-dimension, eking out a primitive, existence in the ruins of their former empire. Embittered by the knowledge of all that was lost, Cyclopes do the only thing that makes sense to them: they rage. And through random violence, they slowly drive themselves to extinction.
Eumelia was born into one of the most inconsequential tribes, its first child in thirty years. With typical Cyclops myopia, her family were too busy mourning the past to celebrate the present, so she was left alone for the most part. She quickly developed a distaste for the attitudes of the rest of her species and saw nothing worth obsessing over in the ancient remnants of their dead culture. She was far more interested in the snippets she was able to learn of humanity, a living culture that spends its time making new things and having actual ideas.
It took her two years to find an intact dimensional portal and another year to figure out how to activate it again, but Eumelia eventually found her way to this corner of the 3rd dimension. The adjustment period was difficult. The first problem was that nobody spoke Classical Greek anymore. The second problem was that she was an eight-foot-tall monster. She eventually learned to work around these issues.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Melly thinks it’s a fascinating place and she’d like to know more about it. It’s also the place where it might be almost possible for her to keep low-key.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/empty-li ... 499663.jpg

Link to RP examples: viewtopic.php?p=13364905#p13364905
viewtopic.php?p=10813280#p10813280
viewtopic.php?p=14064293#p14064293
viewtopic.php?p=13136317#p13136317
viewtopic.php?p=16175636#p16175636

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
A geeky teenaged Cyclops making it on her own in the human world. Plucky, optimistic, and awkward. Cue sitcom music.

Most cool. Cer is out until tomorrow. He approves apps. The app looks good at first glance. :)


Terin... sure thing. Is this the character? viewtopic.php?p=19623150#p19623150. Cer has you flagged as inactive/sabbatical, so you don't have to reapply if you plan to continue using Nex.

We're slowly gearing up for a Building Residents meeting. Of course, Fallout: Bielefeld is over and life has returned to normal.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Terintania » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:55 am

Swith Witherward wrote:
Erinkita II wrote:
Do not remove this search tag: #PLAPP
Your NS Nation's Nickname:Erin

Character Name: Eumelia (Melly)

Character Gender: Female

Character Species: Cyclops

Character Physical Description: Melly is 17 and small for her age, standing 8’5”. Despite her size and inhuman appearance, she embodies the image of a gawky teenager, seemingly being made mostly out of elbows and knees.
Her skin is a pale purplish-grey and rough-textured like a toad. Her stringy black hair reaches her shoulders with an awkward fringe. She hasn’t yet found a hairstyle that works. Her face is, naturally, dominated by her single giant round eye, which has a bluish sclera, yellow iris, and vertical slitted pupil like a cat. Her nose is a small bump with two slits and her thin-lipped mouth is proportionately much wider than a human’s, with a disquieting number of sharp teeth.
She usually dresses in an ancient Greek style, tunics and cloaks and such, but only because they don’t make more modern clothing in her size.

Primary Skill or Power: Melly is very strong, albeit weak by Cyclops standards. She has 6 points in strength and 3 in endurance.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She’s uncoordinated and has something of a mental block when it comes to violence.

Secondary Skill or Power: She has some tiny modicum of talent in painting. 1 point. She might be actually good at it in time.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She doesn’t put proper thought into her compositions usually ends up with wonky scale.

Character Background/Biography: Melly hasn’t had much of a life up til now. The Cyclopes were once a mighty race, but have been in slow, painful decline for many thousands of years. Having all but given up on interdimensional travel long ago, they are more or less confined to their own sub-dimension, eking out a primitive, existence in the ruins of their former empire. Embittered by the knowledge of all that was lost, Cyclopes do the only thing that makes sense to them: they rage. And through random violence, they slowly drive themselves to extinction.
Eumelia was born into one of the most inconsequential tribes, its first child in thirty years. With typical Cyclops myopia, her family were too busy mourning the past to celebrate the present, so she was left alone for the most part. She quickly developed a distaste for the attitudes of the rest of her species and saw nothing worth obsessing over in the ancient remnants of their dead culture. She was far more interested in the snippets she was able to learn of humanity, a living culture that spends its time making new things and having actual ideas.
It took her two years to find an intact dimensional portal and another year to figure out how to activate it again, but Eumelia eventually found her way to this corner of the 3rd dimension. The adjustment period was difficult. The first problem was that nobody spoke Classical Greek anymore. The second problem was that she was an eight-foot-tall monster. She eventually learned to work around these issues.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Melly thinks it’s a fascinating place and she’d like to know more about it. It’s also the place where it might be almost possible for her to keep low-key.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/empty-li ... 499663.jpg

Link to RP examples: viewtopic.php?p=13364905#p13364905
viewtopic.php?p=10813280#p10813280
viewtopic.php?p=14064293#p14064293
viewtopic.php?p=13136317#p13136317
viewtopic.php?p=16175636#p16175636

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
A geeky teenaged Cyclops making it on her own in the human world. Plucky, optimistic, and awkward. Cue sitcom music.

Most cool. Cer is out until tomorrow. He approves apps. The app looks good at first glance. :)


Terin... sure thing. Is this the character? viewtopic.php?p=19623150#p19623150. Cer has you flagged as inactive/sabbatical, so you don't have to reapply if you plan to continue using Nex.

We're slowly gearing up for a Building Residents meeting. Of course, Fallout: Bielefeld is over and life has returned to normal.

For now, I plan on making a new character, but I do plan on playing Nex again in the future.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
Terintania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12064
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Terintania » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:47 pm

#PLAPP
Your NS Nation's Nickname: Terin

Character Name: Killian Ryder

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Half-human, half-spirit.

Character Physical Description: 6 foot 1, looks on the thin side of average weight for his height, but is actually quite a lot lighter at 100 pounds. His apparent age is 21, actual age is also 21

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h47 ... ak7oq2.png

Primary Skill or Power: Spirit Form: The Ability to turn into a spirit, which allows for invisibility, and walking through walls. He is still able to touch and move objects in this form.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: He can’t speak to people in this form unless they have proper EVP equipment, and moving objects takes more effort than it would normally.

Secondary Skill or Power: Spirit World connection: He has a connection with the spirit world, allowing him to communicate with souls of the dead, and see into the spirit world. He can also physically enter the spirit world. The difference between seeing in to the spirit world and entering it, is that he has the enter it to communicate with any spirits or anything like that.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Entering the spirit world wrecks havoc on his human body, causing him to be weak and sick for the rest of the day. When he sees in to the spirit world, he becomes temporarily blinded for varying amounts of time, depending on how long he was looking into the spirit world. (His eyes when he’s looking in to the Spirit World, and for the duration of his blindness: http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h47 ... 8o8q2w.png )

Character Background/Biography: In the world that Killian comes from, the spirits of the dead sometimes walk free, if their deaths were particularly traumatic. And some of these spirits are able to make themselves practically Corporeal for a short while. Killian is the only one in his world born of a union between a human and a spirit. At first, he seemed like a normal human baby, but when he was 10, he started to change. His skin turned white-grey, and his hair blue. But the biggest change were his eyes. He’d always had bright blue eyes, but they changed to be two shades of blue, with a white pupil. His mom pulled him out of school, and quit her job for a job from home, where she could stay and teach him herself. He became isolated from his own world, but he discovered that he could visit the spirit world, and he found companionship there. Eventually, he heard of Bielefeld, and thought maybe he could fit in there. Saying goodbye to his mom, he made the journey there.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: To find a place where maybe he can fit in.

URL to Apartment Picture: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... dc5b72.jpg

Link to RP examples:I was part of this RP before.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character: Born in a union between a ghost and a living human, Killian is half alive, half dead, and it affects who he is as a person, as well. He doesn’t see death as something to fear or avoid, and would kill without much thought, though not without good reason. He is dark and mysterious, and keeps to himself.
Last edited by Terintania on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Times are looking grim these days~

User avatar
The Carlisle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10024
Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Gonna post once tonight. Wondering where Gio, torii, and Yuna are.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19636
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:50 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Gonna post once tonight. Wondering where Gio, torii, and Yuna are.


Halls.
Senior P2TM Mentor & Ordained Minister of the ULC
#EndChildMarriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
Art and Writing
Blog
Support
Vanity page
adhouse
★ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith

User avatar
TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator
 
Posts: 3570
Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 pm

So I guess Elka is free again, for anyone who wishes to deal with her.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

User avatar
Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17417
Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:22 pm

Erinkita II wrote:Do not remove this search tag: #PLAPP
Your NS Nation's Nickname:Erin

Character Name: Eumelia (Melly)

Character Gender: Female

Character Species: Cyclops

Character Physical Description: Melly is 17 and small for her age, standing 8’5”. Despite her size and inhuman appearance, she embodies the image of a gawky teenager, seemingly being made mostly out of elbows and knees.
Her skin is a pale purplish-grey and rough-textured like a toad. Her stringy black hair reaches her shoulders with an awkward fringe. She hasn’t yet found a hairstyle that works. Her face is, naturally, dominated by her single giant round eye, which has a bluish sclera, yellow iris, and vertical slitted pupil like a cat. Her nose is a small bump with two slits and her thin-lipped mouth is proportionately much wider than a human’s, with a disquieting number of sharp teeth.
She usually dresses in an ancient Greek style, tunics and cloaks and such, but only because they don’t make more modern clothing in her size.

Primary Skill or Power: Melly is very strong, albeit weak by Cyclops standards. She has 6 points in strength and 3 in endurance.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She’s uncoordinated and has something of a mental block when it comes to violence.

Secondary Skill or Power: She has some tiny modicum of talent in painting. 1 point. She might be actually good at it in time.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She doesn’t put proper thought into her compositions usually ends up with wonky scale.

Character Background/Biography: Melly hasn’t had much of a life up til now. The Cyclopes were once a mighty race, but have been in slow, painful decline for many thousands of years. Having all but given up on interdimensional travel long ago, they are more or less confined to their own sub-dimension, eking out a primitive, existence in the ruins of their former empire. Embittered by the knowledge of all that was lost, Cyclopes do the only thing that makes sense to them: they rage. And through random violence, they slowly drive themselves to extinction.
Eumelia was born into one of the most inconsequential tribes, its first child in thirty years. With typical Cyclops myopia, her family were too busy mourning the past to celebrate the present, so she was left alone for the most part. She quickly developed a distaste for the attitudes of the rest of her species and saw nothing worth obsessing over in the ancient remnants of their dead culture. She was far more interested in the snippets she was able to learn of humanity, a living culture that spends its time making new things and having actual ideas.
It took her two years to find an intact dimensional portal and another year to figure out how to activate it again, but Eumelia eventually found her way to this corner of the 3rd dimension. The adjustment period was difficult. The first problem was that nobody spoke Classical Greek anymore. The second problem was that she was an eight-foot-tall monster. She eventually learned to work around these issues.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Melly thinks it’s a fascinating place and she’d like to know more about it. It’s also the place where it might be almost possible for her to keep low-key.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/empty-li ... 499663.jpg

Link to RP examples: viewtopic.php?p=13364905#p13364905
viewtopic.php?p=10813280#p10813280
viewtopic.php?p=14064293#p14064293
viewtopic.php?p=13136317#p13136317
viewtopic.php?p=16175636#p16175636

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
A geeky teenaged Cyclops making it on her own in the human world. Plucky, optimistic, and awkward. Cue sitcom music.

Looks like Tsu has lost her place as the tallest in PL. I think she was the tallest where is Elka?
Last edited by Tsuyoi Tekikoku on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.


I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ashkera, Bortslovakia, Olthenia, Plzen, Quebec-Libre, Swith Witherward, The GAmeTopians, Zyris

Advertisement

Remove ads