NATION

PASSWORD

Political Compass scores.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Western Mercenary Unio
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Your Political Compass results.

Postby Western Mercenary Unio » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:41 am

Shaftique wrote:Sweden's never caused me any specific harm.

Or Switzerland. And, well, us. If you don't count the Continuation War.
You didn't tell me there was going to be math-Mike Krahulik AKA Gabe, after finding out he had to do math in Dungeons & Dragons, also my reaction finding out that I had to do math in most of the storefronts.
Political Compass: -4.25, -6.26
Disclaimer: I might be totally wrong, due to the fact that I probably know jackshit about the subject.

Shaftique
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaftique » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:46 am

Besides, at least 'Great' is in there so it's not like you're the Shitty Satan.

Fokis
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fokis » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:14 am

Economic Left/Right: 0.29
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67

Behaved
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Behaved » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:01 am

Derscon wrote:
Satan means deceiver, and I believe the US has done plenty of that.

Actually, I think Satan is :evil: and Great Satan is :twisted:. And the US is not completely
:twisted:. Is it ok to flame countries here?
meow meow

Hamilay
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamilay » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:03 am

Behaved wrote:
Derscon wrote:

Actually, I think Satan is :evil: and Great Satan is :twisted:. And the US is not completely

what is this i don't even

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:04 am

Behaved wrote:
Derscon wrote:

Depends on the nature. If you jokingly refer to the US as "The Great Satan", we'll probably laugh - because we are actually referred to as "The Great Satan" by a large number of people in certain parts of the world, and it's so ridiculous that we find it humorous.

However, if you were to say something like "All Americans are just criminal gun-nuts", we take that kind of personally, as we're not all criminal gun nuts, and we take that as trolling.

So... best thing to say is that if it seems like it's too much, don't say it.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:05 am

Behaved wrote:
Derscon wrote:

Satan comes from ha-Satan, The Accuser.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 am

Khadgar wrote:
Behaved wrote:
Derscon wrote:

Satan comes from ha-Satan, The Accuser.

Or 'saitan', which means obstacle in Aramaic.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:44 am

Galloism wrote:
Behaved wrote:
Derscon wrote:

Depends on the nature. If you jokingly refer to the US as "The Great Satan", we'll probably laugh - because we are actually referred to as "The Great Satan" by a large number of people in certain parts of the world, and it's so ridiculous that we find it humorous.

However, if you were to say something like "All Americans are just criminal gun-nuts", we take that kind of personally, as we're not all criminal gun nuts, and we take that as trolling.

So... best thing to say is that if it seems like it's too much, say it.

Fixed
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:49 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Galloism wrote:Depends on the nature. If you jokingly refer to the US as "The Great Satan", we'll probably laugh - because we are actually referred to as "The Great Satan" by a large number of people in certain parts of the world, and it's so ridiculous that we find it humorous.

Fixed

You should have used strikeout on the "don't." It took me way too long to find your fix, and now I'm irritable.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:50 am

Galloism wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Galloism wrote:Depends on the nature. If you jokingly refer to the US as "The Great Satan", we'll probably laugh - because we are actually referred to as "The Great Satan" by a large number of people in certain parts of the world, and it's so ridiculous that we find it humorous.

Fixed

You should have used strikeout on the "don't." It took me way too long to find your fix, and now I'm irritable.

:o
*runs away*
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:52 am

Galloism wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:

So... best thing to say is that if it seems like it's too much, don't say it.

Fixed

Why would I want to make things easy?
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Abdju
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Abdju » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:15 am

Dyakovo wrote:

Fixed

All Americans are just criminal gun-nuts who worship The Great Satan. :D

Left/Right -5.25 | Auth/Lib: +2.57 |
"Objectivism really is a Fountainhead of philosophical diarrhea" - derscon
"God Hates Fags But Says It's Okay to Double Dip" - Gauthier

Great Nepal - Tax supporting environment are useless, we can live without it.
Great Nepal - Lions can't fly. Therefore, eagles are superior.
Turan Cumhuriyeti - no you presented lower quality of brain
Greed and Death - Spanish was an Amerindian language.
Sungai Pusat - No, I know exactly what happened. The Titanic had left USA's shores and somewhere near the Arctic Circle
Derscon - I let Jews handle my money, not my penis.
Fevolo - i'm not talking about catholics. i'm talking about christians.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:17 am

Abdju wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:

Fixed

Tsk tsk tsk.

We *are* The Great Satan, dammit. You will worship us, those are the rules. And we're backing it up with this gun we borrowed from the National Rifle Association.

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:18 pm

It was mentioned, around 20+ pages back, that it would be nice to have another "giant chart thingy". Having been asked by UNIverseVERSE to make a program to generate it. And, using my Ruby-fu, I have managed to do so. However, due to my lack of experience in web programming, I haven't got a web interface. I'm currently in the process (or taking a breather from it, to be precise) of working through the thread collecting the scores into a .csv file for the program to read. By some time tomorrow, I should be able to put a chart up.

For now, however, I'm off to bed and all progress is postponed until tomorrow. Good night, NSG,
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Derscon wrote:Satan means deceiver, and I believe the US has done plenty of that.
Just like every other country in the world? (Unless you know a country with a government that's perfect.)

"But mommy, he did it too!"

No, every other country did it, too. The United States is just great at it. Hence, Great Satan.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:09 pm

Galloism wrote:
Abdju wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Fixed

Tsk tsk tsk.

We *are* The Great Satan, dammit. You will worship us, those are the rules. And we're backing it up with this gun we borrowed from the National Rifle Association.

Oh ho ho, I see what you did there. Soon, you'll be wearing makeup.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Derscon wrote:
Galloism wrote:
Abdju wrote:

Tsk tsk tsk.

Oh ho ho, I see what you did there. Soon, you'll be wearing makeup.

How do you know he isn't right now?
Married to Koshka

Abdju
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Abdju » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Galloism wrote:
Tsk tsk tsk.

:bow: *makes offerings of golden AKs* :bow:

Left/Right -5.25 | Auth/Lib: +2.57 |
"Objectivism really is a Fountainhead of philosophical diarrhea" - derscon
"God Hates Fags But Says It's Okay to Double Dip" - Gauthier

Great Nepal - Tax supporting environment are useless, we can live without it.
Great Nepal - Lions can't fly. Therefore, eagles are superior.
Turan Cumhuriyeti - no you presented lower quality of brain
Greed and Death - Spanish was an Amerindian language.
Sungai Pusat - No, I know exactly what happened. The Titanic had left USA's shores and somewhere near the Arctic Circle
Derscon - I let Jews handle my money, not my penis.
Fevolo - i'm not talking about catholics. i'm talking about christians.

Surote
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Surote » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:51 pm

Derscon wrote:
Surote wrote:once again the U.S. is not satan no country is satan

If that's the case then every nations satan

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:48 am

Ok, the graph:

--- Everything below here is out of date, the links will be broken, and so on. Just ignore it. ---

(This one is a small version, it's hard to read but it gives a general idea of the distribution).

Other versions:
Full size (image/png, ~260 KiB)
Full size (image/svg+xml, ~76 KiB)

I've got 133 scores in there (at time of launch... still growing :))

The red ellipse indicates one standard deviation from the mean, and the red dot in the middle is the mean itself.

I might (read: probably) have made a mistake or two typing the .csv file up. You can find the file itself (or a copy of the most recent version, at least) here.

EDIT removed the contents of the .csv file from here, replaced it with a link.
EDIT adding a link to the stats file, 'cos I feel like it.
Also, the sizes for the files are out-of-date, but it remains that the .png is a lot bigger then the .svg (although they've both grown).
EDIT after renaming some stuff to make it easier for me, I've fixed the links
Also, if you want to run a version of this yourself, the source for it is here -- read the comments at the top of the file to find out how it works and what you need to run it.
EDIT further tweaked the links so that they still work
POSSIBLY-FINAL EDIT okay, I’ve decided that I’m gonna stop updating it now. It’s got 404 entries, which is probably enough.
PROBABLY-FINAL EDIT: updated the file sizes, since they aren’t likely to be changing soon
Last edited by The Tofu Islands on Sun May 30, 2010 11:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:53 am

The Tofu Islands wrote:Ok, the graph:
*snip very well-done graph*

(This one is a small version, it's hard to read but it gives a general idea of the distribution).

Other versions:
Full size (.png, ~130.6 KiB)
Full size (.svg, ~27.6 KiB)

I've got 133 scores in there.

The red ellipse indicates one standard deviation from the mean, and the red dot in the middle is the mean itself.

I might (read: probably) have made a mistake typing the .csv file up. To counteract this, I'm sticking its contents here. If you've been entered incorrectly, just prod me and complain.
Code: Select all
Abdju,-5.75,0.51
Adharis,0.5,0.56
Aetheras,-5.75,-9.08
Alathaea,2.75,-4.15
Allemonde,-8.88,-8.51
Almajoya,1.62,-2.82
Amn voss,6.75,-3.13
Angleter,7.12,-0.31
Anti-Social Darwinism,-2.88,-2.46
Arzoobia,0.75,3.33
Atheistic Atheists,-0.88,-4.82
Australian Asia,6.25,-3.79
BebopKid,-0.88,0.36
Behaved,-0.38,-0.26
Brogavia,7.0,1.59
Cachette de Lions,-4.12,-8.82
Castironia,-8.75,-8.05
Charlotte Ryberg,0.38,-0.92
Chetssaland,2.75,2.92
Chevaux de Frise,1.88,-5.23
Chumblywumbly,-7.62,-8.82
Colonic Immigration,-5.0,-6.97
Conserative Morality,5.5,-5.23
Constans,2.25,4.05
Dakini,-9.5,-7.59
Derscon,9.25,-7.59
Deus Malum,-4.25,-4.97
Dread Lady Nathicana,-4.38,-2.26
DrunkenDove,-7.25,-5.79
Dunderberry,-6.0,-4.72
Dyakovo,-5.62,-2.92
Edwards Street,4.75,-0.41
Farnhamia,-5.88,-5.59
Fighter4u,-5.5,-7.23
Fleckenstein,-5.38,-5.08
Fokis,0.29,-0.67
Former Principalities,-7.5,2.77
Forsakia,-1.0,-4.1
Galloism,-0.25,-2.0
Gauthier,-5.0,-4.67
Getbrett,2.75,-6.0
Glen-Rhodes,-3.75,-5.18
Gracefall,-4.12,-6.15
H N Fiddlebottoms VIII,-6.38,-3.9
Hamilay,1.00,-5.08
Hayteria,-3.12,-3.38
Heinleinites,6.25,1.85
Holy Cheese and Shoes,-3.75,-5.44
Hungramy,2.55,1.75
Ifreann,-7.0,-6.92
Iron Chariots,-5.75,-7.79
Jello Biafra,-8.88,-8.15
Jingoist Hippostan,-4.0,-5.38
Kadagai,5.75,-4.41
Kamsaki,-7.75,-6.46
Kanabia,-9.38,-8.92
Kapitan Pirx,6.5,-1.28
Khadgar,-1.0,-6.82
Khitali,-3.5,-5.23
Konakimo,-9.12,-9.33
Korintar,-6.0,-7.25
Kryozerkia,-4.0,-4.92
Kyronea,1.32,-8.37
Largent,0.5,-3.9
Ledarre,-5.25,1.08
Letat,-7.0,-6.67
Linux and the X,-6.25,-8.72
Lithzenze,-7.38,-2.26
Loronon,-8.62,-2.87
Luna Amore,-6.0,-7.64
Lunatic Goofballs,-5.5,-6.41
Lurikastan,-6.75,-7.69
Lynxe,-6.12,-5.23
Mad hatters in jeans,-4.0,-4.36
Maineiacs,-8.38,-7.64
Maurepas,-7.62,-3.74
Meridiani Planum,8.0,-6.46
Milks Empire,-7.5,-5.85
Muravyets,-6.88,-5.79
Nanatsu no Tsuki,-5.88,-2.05
Natapoc,-9.6,-9.8
Naturality,-0.25,0.15
Neu Leonstein,-2.38,-5.28
New Mitanni,5.38,0.67
No Names Left Damn It,0.5,0.87
North Wiedna,7.0,5.23
North Yugoslovakia,-3.88,-0.82
Parthenon,8.38,5.79
Peach marmalade,-2.25,-5.74
Pevisopolis,-7.75,-6.82
Plankton City,3.88,5.13
Pope Joan,-5.12,-5.08
Qazox,-3.88,-0.15
Rhursbourg,-5.5,-1.38
Robarya,6.62,3.54
Robustian,3.38,-0.15
Ryadn,-9.0,-7.13
Saint Jade IV,-5.0,-7.44
SaintB,-6.38,-4.87
Sane Outcasts,-2.25,-4.46
Sarkhaan,-4.5,-5.23
Scarsaw,-6.38,1.95
Selbornia,-4.5,1.59
Shazbotdom,1.3,-7.2
Sibirsky,7.12,-2.1
Smunkeeville,3.50,-10.0
Soheran,-9.25,-8.72
South Lorenya,-5.88,-6.21
South Thasland,-1.0,-3.28
Surote,0.5,-1.18
THe North Papal States,7.12,4.97
The Animal Union,-3.25,-4.51
The Beautiful Darkness,-7.5,-7.08
The Cat-Tribe,-7.25,-7.9
The Fanboyists,-1.0,-0.72
The Macabees,7.5,-6.1
The Phoenix Milita,-1.25,0.21
The Plutonian Empire,-4.75,-4.41
The Romulan Republic,-3.5,-6.92The Tofu Islands,-6.5,-7.23
Tratvia,-6.5,-5.9,
Tubbsalot,-2.5,-3.69
UNIverseVERSE,-10.0,-9.54
Uiri,4.75,1.49
Vaarshire,-5.0,-4.62
Valanora,-6.5,-4.51
Valipac,3.12,-1.13
Veilyonia,-4.88,-4.26
Vervaria,-1.5,-6.67
Waterlow,-5.0,-7.9
Western Mercenary Unio,-4.25,-6.26
Whereyouthinkyougoing,-8.5,-8.62
Yootopia,-2.38,-0.51

You left out one score.

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:03 am

Milks Empire wrote:You left out one score.

Which one did I leave out?

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:05 am

The Tofu Islands wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:You left out one score.

Which one did I leave out?

Yours. :hug:

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:15 am

Milks Empire wrote:Yours. :hug:

Oops. I accidentally concatenated my line and The Romulan Republic's line (apologies, TRR) in the pasting of the CSV file. It should be visible now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General