NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 85 || RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alba and Cymru
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Celtic Times, 27 May 2020

Postby Alba and Cymru » Wed May 27, 2020 8:15 pm

ԬԬԬ The Celtic Times ԬԬԬ
Bringing Light to a World in the Dark

May 27, 2020 Edition

Celts Suffer Yet Another Loss, MacDunn on the Ropes
Bastion, Eura

Sports

The national football team from Alba and Cymru can't catch a break, as another 1-0 match falls against the Celts' favor in Eura. Fans and managers alike are skeptical of Coinneach MacDunn's handling of the seemingly mediocre team. With two key players in the Celtic lineup out for injuries and the team itself dismayed at the prospect of the future, fans have little to look forward to in tomorrow's home match in Edinburgh.

The entire match was clearly in the Euran's hands - or feet - from the time Brian Bond scored the lone goal to the final seconds. The match started off in Celtic possession, with duo Not Lionel Messi and Sergey Leonidov vying for an early goal. However, the Euran defense was quick to defend any advancement towards goalie Kevin Belgrave. Several steals in the opening minutes showed the lack of chemistry up front, and in the twelfth minute of the game, Euran striker Brian Bond showed superior handling of the football, flying past Celtic defenders and making a blazing shot past Johannes Werner to find the match's only goal. For the Euran football team, a 1-0 score was enough. For the remainder of the first half and most of the second half, Eura would dominate the posession of the ball. All was hopeless for the underdogs of Alba and Cymru.

The Celts would receive a chance for a huge break at the 80 minute mark, as most of Eura's starters had been subbed out, and rookie goalie Vance Simm took the field to deny the final shots from the Celts. Knowing their loss is nigh, new strikers Seumas Colquhoun and Marco de Tarancón produced some aggressive, yet brilliant plays up front. With the final seconds nearing, Colquhoun shifted to the right while de Tarancón punched forward with the ball. As the Euran defense collapsed to block de Tarancón from shooting, he quickly gave the ball to a defender-less Colquhoun, who sent the ball flying across the goal towards the left upright. However, Simm was well-aware of the trick the Celts were trying to pull, and he was in perfect position to deflect Colquhoun's shot before it found its way into the net. The clock would run out seconds later, and the Celts out of Bastion Stadium.

"This is quite embarrassing," recalled Not Lionel Messi on his way out of the field. "I came all the way here from Not Argentina to have a World Cup berth stripped like this. We can't expect to get anywhere if we can't produce goals. For this game - and for all of our past games - these losses are the strikers' fault, and that includes me."

"Don't be rediculous, man," replied Marco de Tarancón. "it is what it is. We just gotta keep pressing. We learn from our mistakes and move on. There's no point in sulking in what happened today. Tomorrow is a new day, 0-0 record. That's the mindset we have to have."

Game stats for Eura (2-0-1):
Group Rank: 2nd
Shots: 11
Goals: 1 (Brian Bond, 12')
Possession: 52'
Saves: 10
Fouls: 9
Yellow: 1 (Frank Bevan, 54')
Red: 0
No notable injuries

Game stats for Alba and Cymru (1-2-1):
Group rank: 10th
Shots: 8
Goals: 0
Possession: 38'
Saves: 10
Fouls: 8
Yellow: 0
Red: 0
Injuries: Jarquín Ramos (Twisted Ankle, will return Friday)

Current Standings:
-  Group 3                                     Pld    W   L   D    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Adyatin 4 4 0 0 8 2 +6 12
2 Eura 3 2 0 1 7 2 +5 7
3 Terre Septentrionale 3 2 0 1 6 4 +2 7
4 The Jovannic 4 2 1 1 9 8 +1 7
5 Eshan 4 2 2 0 8 10 −2 6
6 Sanctanus 4 1 1 2 6 5 +1 5
Savojarna 3 1 0 2 2 1 +1 5
8 The Sarian 4 1 1 2 10 10 0 5
9 Northwest Kalactin 3 1 1 1 12 10 +2 4
10 Alba and Cymru 4 1 2 1 2 3 −1 4
11 Sabalonia 4 1 3 0 5 8 −3 3
12 Wanarpu 4 0 3 1 9 15 −6 1
13 Chromatika 4 0 4 0 5 11 −6 0

Alba and Cymru will return home to face Northwest Kalactin (1-1-1), and Eura will take on The Sarian (0-1-2) in an away match tomorrow.

*Celtic Times reports team records as (W-L-D).

Appalachian Insurgency Continues Despite Compromises
Charestown, Virginia, United States

Current Events

Armed guerrillas in the United State's lone mountain range continue to target military facilities after compromises have been vowed by the Federalist President Marack Mobamba. The insurgency has been ongoing since late 2011, as governor Wallace East won a fourth term in the Virginia executive election despite no support from the western side of the state. As of 2020 more than 1,000 combatants have died due to the conflict while hundreds of civilians have fallen victim to crossfire and friendly fire.

"We cannot negotiate with terrorists," President Mobamba said in a press conference. "I will, however, lend a hand to the people of Appalachia. The ongoing issue of poverty and addiction are of the utmost importance for the American government to solve. This insurgency does nothing except get in the way of progress. This insurgency is causing more harm than good, and in the long run, we will look back on this period of history and mourn for the unnecessary loss of life over a dilemma which we can solve together."

"They say what they say not for us, but for those who live in Washington and New Amsterdam," said a militant rebel who wished to remain unidentified. "In reality, they don't care what happens on this side of the country. As long as they keep getting re-elected and living off of taxpayer dollars, the world keeps going 'round. It's time to separate from a negligent government. This don't come from voting, it comes from the end of a barrel."

Choice Scripture for Today
The Orthochronica: Chapter 21, "Na Fàidhean" (The Oracles): Verses 31-32:

31 And recall that day which Eochaid pursued Midir, when I concealed the woman from [Eochaid's] sight?
32 So shall I conceal you from the wrath of the evil fates if you call upon Me. This is my word.
Last edited by Alba and Cymru on Wed May 27, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here is the World Cup Roster.
"Alba ag Cymru fada be'"
Support His Majesty, King Cynbal IV of the House of Clan Gregor
Death to Communism. Death to Capitalism. Feudalism is where men are made.
I'm your friendly, every-day hard right-winger who respects everyone's views and concerns. I believe that cultural groups should have absolute political autonomy independent from secular or multicultural states. Traditions are unique evolutionary adaptations created by civilizations in order to solve complex social issues.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Wed May 27, 2020 8:20 pm

Eastfield Lodge 0-4 Taeshan
Lodger City Memorial Stadium, New Lodger Stadium, Eastfield Lodge
Nkitilina 15', 40', Morgenstern 60', Figeuroa 80'

All the Time in the World

Time is weird if you give it enough time. Like I remember so much of when I was a kid. Long days spent with my parents and sisters. Watching movies, staying up late in the summer building cars that were structurally not the greatest. I would have a blast as a kid. My friends would come over and we would swim in the small above ground pool or play catch and it would feel like forever before there parents would come. You would come up with reasons for them to stay longer or hope your moms would chat for hours so you could continue to hang out and shoot the shit. Luckily my mom was always real chatty and that meant that I often got to throw the ball a few more times or play another round of whatever video game we were playing.

I was lucky at that young age to make a lot of dumb kid decisions. Staying up all night with my friends over. Playing video games until the morning hours, and it just seem like time went forever. As a kid you didn’t have the worries of the world on your shoulder. There were no deadlines. I didn’t have to write this and submit it before a cut off for anyone’s approval. I could throw a ball back and forth for 20 minutes and it could feel like hours.

I noticed that time seemed to get quicker as I got older. Suddenly that 20 minutes of playing catch blew by. Suddenly I had to be somewhere at a certain time after school and I could only watch half an hour of a show instead of multiple hours. Suddenly I would notice my mom arrive home from work in what only felt like half an hour, and what used to be to me, hours. It felt like I was losing time. Time passes by quicker when you get older. It’s a weird phenomenon. Maybe it’s just that you understand what time is more. You have more to do, more is expected of you. There are papers due, and then projects, and that goes on from school onto jobs, and to life.

Soccer doesn’t have deadlines, but I have practices to be at. I have fans to meet, games to play, workouts to be done. I have food that is prepared for me and I have to eat at certain times. I only have a few hours a day to myself, and only so much I can do with. All the money a guy could want but I find myself without the time to do anything with it. It seems like the more time I’ve had to be alive, the less time I find myself with to live.

If only it was so simple to go back to being a kid. To have the time. I spent so much of my youth wishing to grow up, thinking that I needed to act like an adult so that I could grow up and be an adult. You lose so much of the time you have being a kid, trying to be an adult. It is such a shame that you lose what you once had in hopes of being what you want to be. I got everything I ever wanted; I get to kick a ball around for a living. But now all I really want to have is the time I spent getting here. The time that seems to so quickly, slip away.

Elmo Brubaker
Last edited by Taeshan on Wed May 27, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Eraman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraman » Wed May 27, 2020 8:26 pm

CHAPTER 3
TUN SENGALANG PETARA

Tun Sengalang Petara was born Putra Daulapura Sengalang Petara to the ruling family of Eraman in the Daulapura Castle, home of the Petara Dynasty.

As a kid, the young Petara spent most of his time in his family polo field sent by his father to train horse riding and sword fighting. But his number 1 interest has always been football. Sadly, the king never let his son kick a ball.

"Football is a sport for the peasants" the king always said to his kids.

Tun Sengalang Petara was then sent to Royal Cittapura Malay College (RCMC), one of Eraman's top boarding high schools when he was 13.

RCMC was founded before Eraman wrote its first constitution turning the country from absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy. It is founded to prepare selected kids from the ruling elites for the executive branch.

Sengalang Petara is not the most gifted academically, an average student at best. But years spent in the polo field made him the most athletic among his peers. Away from his father, he began playing football for the school side.

After graduation, Sengalang Petara ventured into the construction industry fully utilizing his family connections to secure deals and government contracts. He earned his first billion in his 20s and by the age of 30, Sengalang Petara became the richest man in Eraman having his hands in almost every business in the country.

By this time, his father, Maharaja Permaisura Singa Petara, has passed away. His eldest brother, Putra Daulapura Nila Petara took the throne bearing the name Maharaja Permaisura Nila Petara.

Sengalang Petara knew his chance of being the King of Eraman is over once his brother sit on the throne. He dropped from being second in the succession line to sixteenth behind his fifteenth nephews. And he knew he would drop even further as his brother can't stop reproducing.

That doesn't stop the ambitious Sengalang Petara. He set his eyes on real power, the actual governance of the state, the Prime Minister of Eraman. However, being royalty in Eraman comes with its benefits and disbenefits. The benefits are in abundance like ownership of lands, exemption from civil law and tax, and so on.

One of the major disbenefit though is royalty are forbidden from taking part or even comment on politics.

In a no turning back decision, Sengalang Petara dropped all his royal rights and enter politics. Being a feudal country that looks up to the royals, his rose to power is smooth.

His first move was to join the Eraman Nationalist Party, the biggest party in the ruling coalition of the National Front. This is an apparent move as all the previous prime minister of Eraman is the president of the Eraman Nationalist Party (ENP).

Going into the Year 66 General Election, a transition of power happened as the prime minister at the time, which happened to be his uncle is leaving the office for health reasons. Sengalang Petara saw this opportunity and announced his candidature to head the ENP early. No one has more grassroots support than Sengalang Petara who used his ancestry and wealth to appeal to the feudal masses. He won unopposed and led ENP and The National Front to a landslide victory in the general election.

Early in his premiership, Tun Sengalang Petara introduced more freedom to the people of Eraman. He eased government control on the media and the internet. It led to the formation of a private broadcasting company in Eraman for the first time albeit the monopoly rights of it were given to his close friend.

He also abolished the Eraman Security Act (ESA) early in his premiership. The ESA was enacted during the insurgency period to detain insurgents and terrorists without trial but has been widely abused by the government in the past to detain opposing political leaders and activists.

The moves were very popular and well-received. People were rejoicing at the time.

Going into his third term now, everything has changed. It has now since backfired.

The people especially the urban population are finally able to speak up. Opposition leaders are finally allowed airtime on television and pages in newspapers. Protests are now common in major cities. Every day, new government scandals dating back to antiquity were brought to public knowledge. The sacking of former deputy prime minister, Mudin Laut and his allies also didn't help. The nationwide protest against the Mitra and Soma annexation is just a culmination of a long-silenced population who had just got their voice back.

Tun Sengalang Petara, however, has no intention to sign out yet. He still has support from the elders and the rural population. And the most important thing, he knows his opponent is not united.
Last edited by Eraman on Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigramme: ERM | Demonym: Eramanian | Population: 14,753,910
Info: Wiki | Sports: Liga Eraman

Daulapura Daily
- based in Daulapura, the royal capital
- government-owned and ruling party propaganda
- support Royal Daulapura FC
Eraman Journal
- based in Anara, the capital city
- by the peasants, for the peasants (actually by the millionaires, for the masses)
- support Anara FC

Legalese
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Legalese » Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 pm

“Let’s send it back out to the pitch, for some final thoughts from Joel Dondlinger and Gabe Salomon. Joel?”

“Thanks, guys. So, Gabe, watching this team has been like Tantalus going to lunch. Just when things get off on the right foot, the cruel, yet all-too-fair hand of fate just yanks the win away, leaving you broken, cold and alone -- just like how I felt when my--”

“Sorry, mic cut out there, buddy. The results have been hard to handle, and the Legalites have just been outclassed, especially tonight. North New South Wales came in with a literal bunch of no-names -- seriously, Joel, we didn’t even get a lineup card -- and held firm on their counter-attack. The Nouveau-Multi-Directional Welsh plan worked, and found a weakness in the 4-4-2. At the 32 minute mark, Lannon Kaai got caught coming too far forward on the attack, and left the middle wide open for a successful counter.”

“That said, I do have to give some credit to Karter Lindamood, who made an excellent save just before the half. Him getting a handle on an otherwise difficult curling shot provided one bright spot in an otherwise disappointing effort.”

“It was disappointing, yes. How do you think the team will respond?”

“It’s simple, Joel. Think about either adding some different names in the lineup, or try a different formation. Bringing three in the middle could help with the possession battle, while still keeping the pressure high up top. If Hardy Bolder goes that route, though, he’ll need to figure out what trio works -- it’s not a lock that the current group is up to snuff.”

“Either way, we’ll have to keep rolling this boulder up the sisyphean slog that this qualifying run threatens to be. Until then, we leave you here at National Stadium, where Legalese fell to North New South Wales by a 2 to nil final.”
Host/Co-Host of:
World Cup XXII and LXVIII
Cup of Harmony XI and XIII
Baptism of Fire IX, XIV, XV, XVI, XLII, LII
The Inaugural CAFA Cup
AOCAF Cup V and XXXIV

Winner of Cup of Harmony 55 and Jeremy Jaffacake Jamboree II
Anaia: Like all the best ideas, this is moving from "lampoon" to
"take seriously" rather quickly

(H/T to Mertagne)

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 pm

Alba and Cymru 1–1 Northwest Kalactin
A disappointing game, sure but we did grab some points against a team that has been putting up a good performance against a team that has played decent. The team has started to put on their first bad performances of the qualifiers after 2 games that put the team near the top of the group. Despite being a very offensive team, they didn’t play very good offensively however, they did manage to play defense well against a team that played very defensively. Unfortunately, the Kalactanian team was planning on trying to beat the unbeaten teams however, they have been beating some of the better teams, while losing to the low ranks team.

Coaches Speech
“Okay boys, this is a must win game. Alba and Cymru is a team who we can beat but, if we play like a ton of shitheads you guys will lose this game. We played like idiots the last game we played against Eshan and it showed on the field, we lost that game as we where dominated on defense, and Eshan also controlled possession for much of the game which was a horrible thing. Another thing for this game is that this team plays very defensive, they will play a very backed up defensive line which will give us trouble when our 3 strikers will try to beak through the line, they will give us a lot of space so we can shoot on sight if we want. Also their strikers will play very far back, so that means that our defenders can play high so we can support our high midfield. If we play well in this game we can win! Just play you’re game boys!

First Half
1’ The pony referee from Equestria, Banana Pudding sounds the First whistles of the games

8’ Jimmy McCarthy try’s to break behind the line of Alba and Cymru but the pass from Will Sanders is intercepted from Jarquín Ramos who then clears it out of the zone.

21’ Conchúr MacGregor breaks through the line of the Kalactanian defense but then Matt Hall runs him down. Not Lionel Messi passed it into the zone and Jakerein runs out at MacGregor. MacGregor gets tripped by Jakerein and the referee calls a foul on Jakerein. A penalty kick is set for MacGregor. MacGregor sets a shot to the left corner, the right handed keeper, Jakerein, cannot reach the side in time and a goal is scored.

28’ Luke Dillan has a free kick for the Kalactanians, and makes a shot, it goes far wide however.

41’ Jimmy McCarthy gets the ball on the side and sees Frank Owens trying to break through the Line of Alba. He makes it through and grabs a short but powerful pass from McCarthy. Owens, who is now about 5 yards past the last defender from Alba decides to make a move on the goalie, Johannes Werner, Werner rushes out at Owens and Owens slides it into the bottom corner.

45’ Banana Pudding blows the whistle for halftime.

Second Half

49’ Yellow Card is called on Hue Grebv as Grebv trips a player at midfield.

63’ Northwest Kalactin tries to send a blast through the defensive line but fails, Jimmy McCarthy gives up the ball in the box.

71’ Hue Grebv gets his second yellow card as he trips the Alba and Cymru midfielder Carlos Mierils and gets a red card. Grebv goes to argue with the referee but Banana Pudding doesn’t budge. Grebv stormed off of the field madly.

89’ Desperate for a goal the Kalactanians decode to go all out trying to get a goal and it doesn’t work. Will Sanders takes a long shot from 30 yards out and it just goes over the net.

93’ Banana Pudding blows the final whistle for the game.

What does this mean?
This is a bit of a disappointing game for the Kalactanians however, if they are able to possibly pull out any points they can make up for this game pretty easily. We play them again at home in the next cycle however, if we end up losing that could be fatal for our qualifying chances.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hapilopper » Wed May 27, 2020 9:38 pm

“Everybody gangsta till the Valentians get big.” – Ernie Stevenson

Somewhere in Valentine Z
World Cup 85 Qualifying Match 5: Hapilopper v. Valentine Z

VALENTINE Z 0-1 HAPILOPPER (Randall 53’)
Red Cards: Ellis (HAP) 81’

For all intents and purposes, those that knew about Valentine Z were looking forward to the Hapilopper-Valentine Z match with excitement. Those that knew and those that were getting sick and tired of Nathan Ellis’s antics were REALLY looking forward to the match. You see, leading up to this match, Nate had pulled cheap shot after cheap shot on players for one reason or another.

In the first match, he blatantly tripped Lavo of Sankt Konrad. In the third match, he slapped FC Equilibrium’s Evan Spenson in the ear. In the last match, he shoulder-blocked John Lowrie of Gopnikea. Three yellow cards in the first four matches, and everyone was starting to get sick and tired of his antics. Talking heads on Hapiloppian sports shows were demanding that Buddy Martinez bench him for a few matches. Others were suggesting he get sent to counseling to take care of whatever anger problem he had been experiencing.

So with that in mind, the Hapilopper National Football Team took the field in the wonderful world of Valentine Z for their fifth match of the World Cup Qualifiers, against a larger-than-usual group of people. Those that knew weren’t surprised. Ernie Stevenson, brother of Drake, had heard about the Valentians – about how large they were and how utterly welcoming they could be. Claire Randall, girlfriend of NSSCRA driver Chris Holmes, had seen it first-hand, so they were glad to be there. Most of the rest of the team, however, didn’t know what to expect. And Nate really didn’t know what he was getting himself into.

If he had used his head, he would have realized that messing with the Valentians was not the smartest of ideas. But this was Nathan Ellis, one of the biggest thugs in all of international football, and he didn’t care who he was playing. If someone was there, they could be beaten and they could be taken out. So he decided he’d take aim at somebody. His designated victim would be Clarissa Alanis Star, the dual-sport star who was both the striker for the Valentian team and a competitor in the NSSCRA.

This was a miscalculation. Clarissa was 1.) an android and 2.) very popular amongst Hapiloppian fans. But Nate didn’t give a shit about what people thought. He was going to take this blue thing out and with extreme prejudice.

In the 81st minute, Nate, seeing Clarissa run down the pitch with the ball, decided to do the duty. Realizing her size might keep him from slamming her into the turf, Nate aimed for the legs, and tackled her hard. While, thankfully, she wasn’t injured in the cheap shot, the move angered everyone, even the Hapiloppians on hand for the match in Valentine Z. One of them, ex-Team Blue driver Chris Holmes, got pissed off and threw a full cup of soda at Nate’s head.

The HNFT was furious. Even Venerable Television announcers Jon Arnold and Harold Kellner, known Hapiloppian homers, were screaming for Nate’s head.

“You’re going to try to injure her?” Harold barked. “You’re going to try to injure Clarissa Alanis Star? What the hell is your problem?!”

Nate didn’t give a shit. He was reveling in the moment, and threatened to assault the referee giving him a straight red card. After all, who the fuck was this referee to tell him to stop?

But then, without warning, he realized that he had left the ground. His eyes got really wide as he realized he was still going upward in the sky. He looked up to see an incredibly-menacing, and ridiculously large individual, picking him up with no effort whatsoever. The look on his face went from contempt to sheer terror in nothing flat.

Nathan Ellis’s life flashed before his eyes as the leader of Valentine Z, the Valkyrie General Valentijn, slowly brought him towards his face. He lost the ability to speak any sort of language as fear gripped him in every single way and manner. He didn’t know what Valentijn was about to do, and he didn’t know what was going to happen next. For what seemed like hours, Nate was hundreds of feet in the air, standing on Valentijn’s hand, saying a silent prayer that he would make it out of this encounter alive.

Venerable’s commentators were silent. So were the rest of the HNFT. Fans watching Venerable in Hapilopper watched an aerial shot, showing Nate’s eyes, as wide as dinner plates, looking straight at Valentijn. For all Nate knew, Valentijn was going to flick him fifteen miles the other way. If Valentijn was saying anything to him, Nate couldn’t hear or couldn’t understand. His thoughts were racing so loudly, he couldn’t hear anything in the outside world.

But he didn’t. Valentijn gently put Nate down on the pitch, right on the face-off circle. Nate kept staring at Valentijn, his eyes as wide as dinner plates, before putting two and two together and realizing that he had messed with the wrong individual. He looked around to see players from both teams, as well as the referees, staring at him, wondering what his next move would be. He looked back up at Valentijn, looked over towards the tunnel, and ran like hell for the Hapiloppian locker room.

When the Hapiloppians got back after the match – they won 1-0 by the way on the strength of a nice goal from Claire Randall – they noticed Nate whimpering in the corner of the locker room. He was laying in a fetal position, looking towards the larger-than-usual door of the locker room. He wasn’t sure if a Valentian was going to come in and take care of him. But that wasn’t what the Valentians did.

What the HNFT did, however, was laugh at their teammate. They had grown tired of the defenseman cheap-shotting their opponents and putting their team in a bad position. So they didn’t mind Nate being in this position, feeling like he was fearing for his life.

“Guess you learned to not fuck with the wrong people, eh?” Ernie chortled towards Nate.

The straight red meant that Nate would be suspended for the next match, which wasn’t much of a loss for the Haps. They could fill the hole with Clive Blackburn, who would start for the HNFT for only the third time since joining the team before the 70th Baptism of Fire.

In the coming days, it was announced that Clive would probably be in that starting spot for the next several matches. Nate had agreed to meet with a sports psychologist in Hapilopper City and seek out treatment for his anger management issues.

“I realized in Valentine Z that I’ve got a problem and I need to do something about it,” he told reporters.

(OOC: A big thank you goes out to Valentine Z for his help with this RP. You’re awesome, Val.)
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario » Wed May 27, 2020 10:14 pm

ANOTHER LOSS! FANS DEMAND ON CUTTING LJUBANIK'S HEAD OFF!

After the home loss against Donnacona followed by the loss against Kita-Hinode, the LFA and all the other football authorities in Lochario are starting to question Matej Ljubanik's abilities of managing a football team. The disappointment started when Lochario lost 2 games in a row. The Federation will sack the coach if Lochario loses against Konnhead at home.

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Wed May 27, 2020 10:57 pm

Princess Katherine Annabelle Dallas (nude) standing in an empty stadium

Hello, this is Princess Katherine Annabelle Dallas for Naked News Jeruselem. As you can see we're back home but say what's going on here? As it just happens today we had the bye for the qualification of World Cup 85, meaning no games for us. We'll be back in action next round, so we just watch other teams get points. That's great. Boris is busy apparently, so he should be as we've lost our last two games!

Well home teams did well today, winning 4 of 6 games in Group 7. We had the bye so we didn't win anything or lose.
Quite high scoring games this round too, and no draws. We don't get many draws in this group at all.

Delaclava was at home and easily dealt with Aimena 3-0. Aimena beat us 5-4 last game but couldn't repeat this in
Delaclava. In fact they didn't even score a single goal this time round, compared to 5 against us.
Acronius at home but faced Darmen! Acronius did lost, but put up a real challenge going down 5-4. It seems Darmen are getting some games where they don't have it their own way all the time.
Simpralia broke their losing streak, beating visitors South Charlia 3-2 at home. Two wins then two losses, then a win.
Welzat were competitive, or more than competitive - they beat visitors Competitive Solitaire at home. Yes I like to use that word when Competitive Solitaire are mentioned.
Nephara cruised at home beating Sarzonia 4-1. Geez, Sarzonia are just hot n cold.
Great Lausitz was the other home team loser, beaten by visitors Huayramarca 4-3.

Well, that's a lot of goals today. Two games yielded 16 goals, and 15 from the other 4. We didn't contribute due to the bye.
The good is no bye to worry about for the rest of the 1st half, so the table is deceptive. A team looks good but they have a bye to sit out so be aware of that.

I haven't actually discussed the table but now we're like 5 games in, we can gain some insights into how teams are going.
At the top is Darmen on 12 points and 4 of 4 wins.
Nephara and Huayramarca are 2nd and 3rd on 10 points with 3 wins and 1 loss.
Simpralia and Welzat sit in 4th and 5th on 9 points with 3 wins and two losses.
Acronius and Competitive Solitaire are 6th and 7th on 7 points with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.
Then we have 4 teams on 6 points or 2 wins who are US, Delaclava, Sarzonia and Aimena. These teams fill out 8th to 11th.
Sadly there's the bottom two Great Lausitz and South Charlia who haven't got a single point.

As you can see there's 6 points between 1st and well 11th. It's not a lot really, but we've worked the two teams who would like a point from this point forward.
We're stuck in 8th, but no more bye so some other teams have factor in that game they don't play.
Now the teams with byes left are Huayramarca, Simpralia, Welzat, Acronius, Competitive Solitaire, Delaclava and Sarzonia, and South Charlia.

I do get some questions, related to football. I get questions related to the stuff but ... let's not go there.
Yes, the team have their own plane and don't share with the general public. This is for security reasons, mainly and now well ... health related reasons.
Now, the manager doesn't get your bog standard room. He or she does get something better because they also use the room as an office to manage the team.
People do ask if we use like insecure communications mediums. We're pretty security conscious, mainly because have or had members of royal family on the tour ... in this case me. So pretty much, we don't use communications without encryption, real encryption - end to end.
Rumours are the new coach is bumbling idiot with technology! Well he's got a personal assistant, and he never answer his phone. Join the dots.

That's it for now. I'm still trying get hold of the manager but he's busy. Don't worry, I'm great at ambushing people.

OOC
Delaclava 3–0 Aimena
Acronius 4–5 Darmen
Simpralia 3–2 South Charlia
Welzat 2–0 Competitive Solitaire
Nephara 4–1 Sarzonia
Great Lausitz 3–4 Huayramarca
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Wed May 27, 2020 11:03 pm

Prince Jared Thompson (nude) and Prince Ryan Keating (also nude) are laying on a white sandy beach in Jeruselem. The sun beats down on the tall, athletic figure of Jared and the shorter, skinner Ryan.

Ryan: Well this is nice.
Jared: Yeah, I've never been here before.
Ryan: Not when you were younger?
Jared: No, never made it here.

Ryan: Isn't this where Marco Hertel is from?
Jared: Yes, his mother is Princess Anna from here. And his father is the Quebecois legend Xavier.
Ryan: Marco's a great player himself.
Jared: Yes.
Ryan: And he was a lot of fun.
Jared: Oh yes... that time in Quebec City, right? I didn't get to go on that trip?

Ryan: Yeah, we really needed to warm up after that game in Iqaluit. We all went to his mansion. He had a lot of girls there too -
Jared: - of course -
Ryan: - he was incredible, though.
Jared: That I do remember. He stuck around with us in Santa Lourdes and he was very popular there too.
Ryan: Best I've ever felt after two losses in a row.

Ryan: But at least we won this last game. 3-0 over Aimena.
Jared: Yeah! Sorry you got benched for it.
Ryan: It's fine. At least you got to start.
Jared: I was nervous, can't believe I got a clean sheet in my first start.
Ryan: You were great though. You're getting a lot of attention now. My friends have been asking about you nonstop lately.
Jared: My DM's have been blowing up. But the best part was the bonus check I got from the Football Association.
Ryan: Nice!
Jared: Yup, I'm putting it all into bitcoin.

Ryan: How did everyone else do?
Jared: Nothing unexpected. Darmen had a close one, they beat Acronius 5-4.
Ryan: We know they can score a lot, just like they did to us. But I'm surprised their defense was that bad.
Jared: They shouldn't have given up that many goals, they'll need to do better against the top teams.
Ryan: True. Simpralia beat South Charlia 3-2.

Jared: A good match for the home team.
Ryan: Speaking of which - do you know why we're playing at home against Simpralia at an abandoned field?
Jared: No. Where is that?
Ryan: A city called Barrassia.
Jared: Sounds boring.
Ryan: Yeah.

Jared: A bit of an upset though - Welzat beat Competitive Solitaire 2-0.
Ryan: That's a solid team - there's the ones who beat Sarzonia.
Jared: And Sarzonia lost against - 4-1 at Nephara. That's not a big surprise.
Ryan: No, but it's a shame. We didn't play great against them, but their offense was great. They scored six against us.
Jared: Their defense has been rough though. They still gave up four, which is more than they'd like.

Ryan: I wish Valentin Gusev hadn't gotten hurt there.
Jared: I wonder when he'll get better. He's still too sore to do anything.
Ryan: Yup. Also, he still can't play football yet.

Jared: Were you worried about getting that virus in Woodstock?
Ryan: Not really. I mean they said everything was fine, right? Even if they didn't let fans in, I would've still hit up the beaches and clubs.
Jared: Right, me too. Not a big chance of getting the thing anyway.
Ryan: And even so, there's the vaccine that they made in Corcorran.
Jared: The vaccine? Ew, no. You know all the crap they put in there? I'd just try to tough it out.
Ryan: Well, there was no danger to us anyway. We're young and healthy.
Jared: I'll drink to that.

Jared: Oh, and Huayramarca beat Great Lausitz 4-3.
Ryan: Huayramarca's really been a surprise. I wonder if they can keep it up.
Jared: It's a long qualification. But time will tell.

Prince Pavel Cicak, Prince Rhydian Campbell, and Prince Brent Ritchie (all similarly bare) approach and walk around from behind them to look at their teammates. Pavel has the body of a model, with dark hair, piercing eyes, and classic good looks. Rhydian is a bit taller and squintier but powerful and more muscular. The giant among them, Brent is even taller and a bit bigger and softer, but still an impressive figure. With them are three females Jared and Ryan have never seen before. Two are nearly identical, short and chesty girls with long, dark, curly hair that falls all the way down to the arch of each girl's lower back. One tousles Pavel's hair while the other rests her head in the crook of Rhydian's shoulder. The other is tall, tan and slender with a blonde pixie cut, who absentmindedly plays with the hair on Brent's chest.

Pavel: Hey guys, this is Samantha, Sydney, and Elle.
Samantha/Sydney: Hi.
Elle: Hello.
Rhydian: We met them near the college back and Crystal Lake and they wanted to come on this trip.
Jared: Don't we have practice soon?
Brent: Not yet. Tim Landers hasn't made it yet, his luggage got lost.
Elle: And look who else we found here!

Lord Marco Hertel the Marquess walks up besides Elle and Brent, putting an arm behind their waists. He is magnetic, and seems to glow a little more than the others in the bright, warm rays of the sun.

Marco: Anyway, want to join us?
Ryan: Of course!

The others take off, giggling, towards the water.

Jared: You ready, sugar baby?
Ryan: Let's go, daddy.

Jared and Ryan get up and frolic towards their friends, who are now skipping and splashing.

Delaclava 3–0 Aimena

DEL, Meyer (Cicak, Girardi) 17'. DEL, Mullins (Meyer) 44'. DEL, Campbell (Ritchie, Durbridge) 60'.

Delaclava 3–0 Aimena
Acronius 4–5 Darmen
Simpralia 3–2 South Charlia
Welzat 2–0 Competitive Solitaire
Nephara 4–1 Sarzonia
Great Lausitz 3–4 Huayramarca
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Tequilo
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

WC-85 #6 MD5

Postby Tequilo » Wed May 27, 2020 11:54 pm

THE MOST FAVOURED CHILD OF CHANCO CÓNDOR
The Gold

LILÍAN: The Bar | The Gold | The Gum | Frank Sent This | The Guardian
GARCÍA: The Fire | The Banjo | The Scooter | The Raft | The Border

At the little adobe house on the dangerous bend toward the end of Nuevo Camino, next door to La Rosa Cantina, on the outskirts of the ramshackle village of Chanco Cóndor, the old man Paucarchuco Tlalqui - known to all in Cóndor simply as Chuco - wondered about his daughter, and the baby, next door in the shed in the garden of the cantina, La Rosa. To his mind, it would have been a simple business, even during the long night of labour, to have rigged a stretcher of some fashion, and carried his stubborn daughter Lilián the short way round to the front of their house and thence into the comfort of her own room, where she might not have to give birth surrounded by barrels of ale, bottles of rum, and boxes of thrips - salty roasted insects. Alright then, fair enough, she was a-feared to move during the labour - though knowing his fierce and wild daughter, she was unlikely to be a-feared of anything at all. But here we are, three days later, and still she resides in the barn with the child - a handsome devil, sure enough - in the garden, of the cantina. Was she enjoying the attentions of the bar’s customers, and the notoriety of being in such a peculiar circumstance? Was this some machination of sorcery by his wife, Nina, that was beyond him - certainly, she seemed neither surprised nor perturbed by this turn of events. Whilst Nina and the family friend Teresa Barcinó seemed to find some delight in the bohemian arrangements, Chuco sought the advice of his best friend Mauro - Teresa’s husband - but he could shed no more light or wisdom on proceedings. “I would do you the favour of an honest friend, Chuco,” he said, “and never pretend to understand what they are up to. It is a mystery above our pay grade.”

Cantiñera Lina, who was now accommodating mother and new born child in her shed, seemed perfectly happy with the arrangement, bringing the guests a good breakfast each morning, policing visits during the day when the cantina was open, and barring customers from disturbing them in the evenings. On the Saturday morning she came to Lilián with news.

“Lili, you know you can stay here at your leisure for as long as you need, so long as your mother attends to your health and the child - for I have no gift with such matters. But you must know that my business here continues and we will all have to make some accommodation for what comes next - which is a delivery from the brewery, this afternoon. Now Señor Sá the delivery driver is a good fellow, thoughtful and hard working, good at customer service - and I am his customer so he is always keen to please. He will not mind you being here and will afford you every caution, naturally, with good grace and perfect manners. But I have to say, he swears like a docker and I doubt his ability to moderate his language… not only that, but his job is heavy and sweaty - the man is a grafter and he smells like a grafter. He should make no apology for that. And finally - it will be impossible for him to work quietly, no matter how hard he tries, for there will be the clang of barrels and the rattle of bottles which cannot be avoided. Can you be understanding of Señor Sá and his language, his smell and his noise? More importantly, can the boy - you have no name yet? - can the boy make allowances for the sensations of his labour? I do not wish to upset you both, but the man must go about his work, as best he can.”

Of course, Lilián, as tough and as rough and ready as any delivery man, would have no problem with the interruptions of Señor Sá, and, as she told Lina - the boy, whose name was only partially formed in her mind as yet, would be expected to do as he was told and to accept the will of his mother. There would be no fuss from either of them, she said.

That Saturday afternoon, Señor Sá arrived at La Rosa with his delivery of ales, and was the perfect gentleman, though sure enough, he did swear like a docker.

“So, this is the new maternity ward of La Rosa Cantina!” he said, not unkindly, when he came into the shed, after knocking first. “Carajo! They must wonder about you in town, Lili Tlalqui, but to me, a brewery man of thirty years, what better place to bring in a well-starred child of Tequilo than a wine cellar or a beer shed?!”

“Señor Sá,” laughed Lili, easily, “isn’t that the truth of it! And here comes a wise old man to bring me gifts, no?”

“Ah Señorita, you read me well,” he said, producing a dark bottle wrapped in gold leaf foil with an embossed label on it, “here is a bottle of de Oro, I picked it up from the brewery shop on my way out; Señora Sá insists the golden ale is the perfect pick-me-up for a tired new mother. For you, Lilián Tlalqui! And my wife sends a resplendent jackdaw feather to the boy, with a blessing from the family wight, Santa Donnamaw. For little Teoxi Cóndor.”

It is a rare thing to see Lilián Tlalqui taken aback, but there she was, taken aback. What fine gifts, and how was it that Señora Sá divined the name she was planning for the boy? She must ask her mother, a conjurer of blessings and spells herself, whether or not she had ever met her on the Lonely Road, or some other astral plane on which they might have exchanged kind words.

NOT THE HEADLINE WE HAD PLANNED
The Holy Empire 1-1 TEQUILO HT: 0-0

SCORERS: Sphrantzes 52’ | Chicchan 85’

The Holy Empire, in the unfamiliar territory of a slow start to qualifying (although they have been around that long, there must have been a slow start in there somewhere) stumbled again as Los Pitxileros(Transl. The Footballers) dug in with another surprising defensive display, nicking a point with a late equaliser from defender Chicchan. It was a man-of-the-match performance from centre half Haize Apeiztegui that set the tone for the match, frustrating The Monks in their usually fluid approach play, disrupting the midfield, and giving the vociferous Sir Barsemonius The Loud quite the runaround, with young Ixtub Tün, a considerable physical presence himself, confidently squaring up to extreme ascetic and proving himself a fair match, sans illegal padding. Players celebrated a famous draw at the full time whistle, and coach Martí, getting his tactics spot on, was doused in a bucket of cocoa-bo - yes, it was only a draw, and no, we are not threatening to qualify for the World Cup Finals, but allow this young team a moment of glory - this was The Holy Empire, quietened in their own crib!

After a confident performance in front of the defence, Ixtub will be looking forward to automatic selection for the next game despite finding himself in the recovery room after picking up a minor injury from clanging into the dubiously allowed armoured shinpads of Sir Barse. His injury was immediately healed post-match in some kind of extreme first aid application, although the Empire are claiming the standard injury-fixing miracle. Whatever was involved, we thank the Empire for some great healing work and only wish we'd brought Callañaupa with us - he's still a few weeks away from full recovery and in hindsight if he'd been in the party he might be ready for selection next time around. Anticipating the visit of Cheergirls, another debutant will start up front in Mendo Ximines, Coach Martí searching for the ideal foil for Tlacolotl as Narciso Cora stutters again. Isidor Artechevarria returns to the starting line up after his one match ban, Vilca Hualla dropping to the bench.

Starting Line-Up for TEQUILO vs. Cheergirls:
Teixidó | Zambo, Apeiztegui, Huracán, Chicchan | Tün | Artechevarria, Tafalla (Capitan), Tutayan | Tepa & Tlacolotl
Last edited by Tequilo on Wed May 27, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
::: FORGOTTEN BUT NOT GONE :::
BECAUSE BECAUSE BECAUSE

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed May 27, 2020 11:55 pm

THE EMPIRE TIMES

Error Costs Eagles Three Points

South Concepthuania fired a stoppage-time equaliser to earn a point and deny the Blouman Empire their first home victory in the qualifiers

The Eagles were set to win it when Luke Cousins volleyed in Brad Hunter's cross at the start of the second half to put the Eagles in the lead. But South Concepthuania drilled in a 20 yard strike to keep the Empire winless after four games since the qualifiers. The Eagles had started stronger, with Paul Credab and Issac Cupstran having shots blocked but a failure to finish left two team equal at half time.

After Cousin’s 5th goal in four games, Hunter spurned a good chance to double the lead as he headed the ball over the bar from Ty Feltron's cut-back before the three-time Holchmain Premier League also skewed a 20-yard effort well wide. Twelve seconds into the two minutes of added time, South Concepthuania made the Eagles pay from Jason Potts error in the back keeping the Eagles winless and add a point to their tally.

The Eagles took time to get a foothold in the game before putting together some positive build-up play. Initially, Freltron was their biggest outlet on the left. He even popped up on the right wing to whip in a teasing cross which the Cousins sent over the bar. Gupstran also got into some promising positions down the center, putting a through ball for Cousins to test South Concepthuania with a low shot, and that expansive play continued after the break. The South Concepthuania deflected a low cross from Hunter just wide allowing Cousins to fire at his near post to open the scoring.

The two strikers for South Concepthuania paired up will, however, the Eagles defence kept the two quiet. They only had one chance to equalise with a shot wide from close range before the Eagles late lapse cost them their first win. South Concepthania started positively winning a string of corners down the left wing, but were firmly on the back foot for most of the first half. Despite their best efforts they were unable to find a goal early on. They were stretched by the hosts and despite their best efforts up front the same chance creation wasn’t possible as shown in their previous four matches were they had scored 8 goals in four games but just as it looked like the Eagles were going to be taking three points home South Concepthania showed the quality they possess by pouncing when the opportunity arose. With the Eagles still adjusting to a substitution made only 30 seconds earlier, Potts mishit his pass allowing the South Concepthana striker to latch on the loose ball and squaring it to his partner who hit a crisp first-time strike which veered away from keeper Henry Polinoir into the bottom corner.

After the match Lewis Parry spoke to the media "It was frustrating. I feel for the players because they put a lot into the game. For the first 20 minutes, South Concepthana were the better team but then we grew into it. It would have been nice to hang on but that's the qualifiers for you one mistake can hurt a team big. Despite the error in the back line the defenders did well and we limited them. We knew they were a team capable of scoring having managed to get 8 in 4 games and 5 of them in the last two. They didn’t get too many chances and that is a positive to take away, though of course I’d prefer to be taking away three points”.

The Eagles will next face Vdara another high scoring team that Parry will no doubt be hoping his backline can limit their chances as they did today and get their first win of the qualifiers. Vdara will be looking for the opposite when the two sides meet at Ambong Stadium a win will see them leapfrog the Empire in the process.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Thu May 28, 2020 12:13 am

Life in Twicetagria

We edited our logo to make it look fancier

Squornshelous 2-3 Twicetagria: We Beat The Olde Guys
By John Suh

Last game, we fell to a 1-3 loss against Mkabia, which dampered our spirits when we stepped on Squornshelan soil. However, the spirit we had before the last game finally made an appearance on the pitch, as we battles hard to win a well-deserved 3-2 win. Let's see what happened at Squornshelous.

The game started off pretty well. Rylie Kim decided to put our reserve keeper Ting on the starting line-up, which baffled quite the number. But if you saw Han and Myfire's performances, you wouldn't really complain.
Ting proved that females could be good keepers too, as she made 2 jaw-dropping saves which Lucia Krupin just couldn't score.
We then started the game going with Torreira's first goal in quite a while. A smart cross from Hirai went straight(not her sexuality) to the striker's feet, before scoring a one-touch Squornshelous couldn't save.
The opposition then proved their antiquated squad's worth with a half-volley from Tove Anker. Ting tried to, but didn't, save the ball. Anker was clearly the better one in here.
Squornshelous then decided to chip in another right before half-time. And when I say chip in I mean literally. Tove Anker did well to receive the ball from Havard Popov, before some quick footwork and a chip from the fooled Ting finished off his work.
At half time not much was made, but there were rumours that Kyrie yelled at the defense for being so sloppy. If she did do that, then the defense must have learnt a quick lesson because we didn't concede anymore in the second half.
The next 45 minutes started off slow, as neither side could register a single shot. Our moment of brilliance came when Autumn Kiel thundered a long-range, which was surprising since she wasn't really an attacker. This drew the points, which gave us a bit of hope for a win.
That moment came during the corner kick on the 85th minute. Hirai usually crossed into the eye of the crowd, but this time she crossed the ball to the other half where Chase was. This left the Squornshelan defenders ina stump, because they didn't expect this(what else can I say). The team then played a passing game, before Wysber finally scored to hand us the lead. Squornshelous couldn't recover from the late shock, and they didn't really do anything.
A strong effort from the team gives us hope against our next match against Adsuri. We should be able to win this one.
Twicetagria current sits in 5th place in group 5. If we win, we could possibly gain places.

WinterFall announces venues for first world tour
By Jen Kim

WinterFall, a musical sensation in Twicetagria, has released the venues for their first half of their world tour! This will be the first time they've travelled abroad to perform.
Though the cities have not been announced yet, they have confirmed Quebec, Delaclava, The Grearish Union, South Newlandia.
This will be quite exciting, as WinterFall can't wait to meet their international fans!
If you want your nation to host the girls, telegram me, or ping/DM me in Discord(Jeong #8262)
johnathan

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

WC85 - MD4 - Audioslavia Review

Postby Turori » Thu May 28, 2020 1:25 am

Special Forces Take Down Bulls in Historic Result

Cednia Beach Center, Cednia, Turori :: The Cocoabo Enrichment & Enhancement Project (CEEP) Trainers could be seen giving their final order to the Cocoabo as they stepped onto the pitch. The crowd was motivated by the unexpected entrance of the Cocoabo and the unannounced roster swap by the Football Association of Turori (FAT) had sparked optimism even in those most pessimistic of Nigel's Army supporters well aware that no Turorian team had ever beaten an Audioslavia team in a senior footsport match of any kind. While the stakes were far lower than they had been in the majority of the two teams prior meetings, they were still quite high with qualification to the World Cup 85 Finals in Farfadillis and Mriin on the line.

After the somewhat over-the-top unveiling of the Cocoabo squad, the CEEP trainers took their place alongside the Turorian Coaching staff who would largely cede tactical control to the staff from Turori's National Cocoabo Squad and the CEEP who had spent weeks preparing specifically for this match.

It was clear from the outset that the Cocoabo were well prepared. Perhaps more prepared than any Turorian team had been to match up against Audioslavia. There was good reason for it as well. While no fewer than 5 Cocoabo were making their debut for the Turori National Team, members of the CEEP's so called "Special Forces" unit - with an exceptional relative intelligence level and hightened teamwork abilities, the team also had at least one not-so-secret weapon. Cocoabo #91, the long time striker for Turori's National Cocoabo Squad, had also become the first Cocoabo to earn a full-time role on a foreign domestic club. Cocoabo #91 and its CEEP-assigned handler had spent the past seasons in Audioslavia playing for the club Oljestaden. While there may not have been a way to project that this historic Group 1 pairing would have happened at the time, once it was known that Turori and Audioslavia would be playing in the World Cup 85 Qualifiers, the situation with Cocoaho #91 within Audioslavia became the primary focus for gameplanning.

It took only five minutes into the match for the gam eplan to pay off. It was Cocoabo #91 who had found the back of the net, given Turori the lead and set the Turori National Team en route to a victory 70 cycles in the making. Despite having increased their pressure in the second half, the Bulls were never able to claw completely back into the game. When the full time whistle came - and along with it the cheers and opponent-directed Jeers of the home fans, it did so with a very appropriate scoreline. 1-0. From World Cup 19 through World Cup 25 the Turori National Team were eliminated from competition in the knockout rounds four times by Audioslavia and in each of those results the final score was 1-0 in favor of the Bulls. Now, through an aptly trained flock of Cocoabo dubbed the 'Special Forces', Turori had finally avenged one of their biggest thorns from an era that had established the Eels as the World Cup's most storied Quarter Final losers.

The result shifted Turori to the top of the Group 1 table despite having played one fewer game than the majority of the teams in their Group. After the match, the Cocoabo would be on their way back to the Cocoabo Forest. The citizen squad, meanwhile, would be headed just across the Great Calanian Desset to the Euran Oceania Territories. Long known as just the punching boys of the Atlantian Oceania AOCAF Regional Competition, the Euran Oceania Terrotiries had now become a target for all Members of Group 1 with the Euran Territies whose significant improvement in the most recent AOCAF tournament has left some wondering if they would be able to pull off the upset to shake up the Group 1 table. The only question from the Turorian side was whether the Cocoabo Squad had done enough to get additional shoutout but what was not known was who would step onto the pitch to kick off the match - Citizens or the Cocoabo?

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

The Jovannic
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Jovannic » Thu May 28, 2020 3:16 am

The Jovannic Outplayed and Outmatched by strong Sabalonian Team.
The Jovannic have lost their second game away to a strong Sabalonian Team. "We didn't play well, that's that. We couldn't break through and we succumbed to them. We must do better next game" Gothal Mathee muses. Lets have a summary of the Match.

From the start of the game, The Jovannic semmed out of form and shaky. Mistake after mistake continued and it was a matter of time before Sabalonia scored in the 36th Minute. The Jovannic had a goal disallowed and the the half time whistle could not have come at a better time. The rest of the game was agonising, but a superb performance by Mavin Tsuniki lowered goals to one in the 78th minute. The team looked dejected but Jovan says that they will be more determined and ready to fight harder in the next match.

Ratings
Mavin Tsuniki 8/10
Nivario Wesh 5/10
Raye Eng 6/10
Kallin Yustat 6/10
Miri Belli 4/10
Stockain Lelop 5/10
Jin Tze 5/10
Viszier Felon 5/10
Rivilia Yunsala 6/10
Santi Clafus 6/10
Jovan Ilohil 5/10

Gavon Simoli 6/10
Sami Ning 6/10
Io Castra NA

The Jovannic's next match is against Savojarna, who drew top team Adyatin 3-3 at home. "It will be tough match, but we will be ready and we will put up a good fight." Gothal Mathee says. Gothal Mathee has hinted at a change in tactics with a new 4-2-4 tactic in the making. the Tactic would be much more fluid the full backs would be able to move freely forwards and back. The midfielders would be stable and able to control the playing field. This is to counter any forward thrust and the relentless 4 man attack will pound the defense till it breaks. Fans are optimistic of a positive result and cheer on their team relentlessly.
Staring Eleven against Savojarna
Defense: Mavin Tsuniki, Nivario Wesh, Raye Eng, Kallin Yustat, Io Castra Mid: Gavon Simoli, Jin Tze Attack: Thomas Behine, Santi Clafus, Ianu Fathe, Jovan Ilohil

The Big Question: Joshua or Mavin?
Gothal Mathee needs to make a decision. Joshua Li looked shaky during friendlies, but his form has improved over the matches. Mavin Tsuniki had a unfortunate injury, but his return in this match saw an amazing performance and a couple of wonderful saves. So, who will Mathee pick?

Joshua Li
His first season as first choice, he was a good talent and shined this season. His first international WCQ match against Eshan saw a good performance, and the next 3 matches saw consistent performance, with some good saves.

Mavin Tsuniki
A veteran, first choice for 6 seasons. Had injuries for half a year and became second choice. A return this match saw unbelievable amounts of saves that saved the Jovannic from humiliation.

Popular Choice for next match: Mavin Tsuniki
He may take The Jovannic to new heights with his recent form.
ALL HAIL THE JOVANNIC!!!

Sporting Achievements:
1st:
2nd:
3rd: 3rd Jenna Raven Cup, Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy
4th: NS World Cup of Masters I
Semi-finals: IFC1
Honourable Mentions: Olympic Sliver Medal in Football (XIV Olympiad)

Charging forward to return to glory! (II)
Cricket ranking: ??
Football Ranking: 202

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Thu May 28, 2020 4:43 am

Nephara 4 - 1 Sarzonia
(4-4-2) 1 - Mercator; 2 - Stride, 5 - Thorn, 6 - Brosch, 3 - Close (c); 13 - Saroszi, 4 - Shone (15 - Kastriot 70'), 21 - Moxham (8 - Chalk 85'), 11 - Strongbow; 9 - Bastable (14 - Tzorvas HT), 10 - Metzger
Goals: Strongbow 24' pen, Metzger 49', Stride 61', Tzorvas 76'

Some matches don't need billing. Nephara vs. Sarzonia was not one of them. There needed to be some glitz to spruce up fourth-ranked vs. fourth-seeded, particularly when the favourites were to host. Fortunately for the PR teams on either side, the histories provided.
Yes, those three stars - the bronze of the Cup of Harmony, the silver of the Baptism of Fire (do not get those mixed up) and the gold of do we even need to specify? Despite Nephara's swaggering pride in them, they were only second to the punch, the Stars having won their stars prior to the Cormorants even entering the map. But that was some time ago, now. For both of them. Over twenty years, and the only new silverware had been the admittedly impressive Copa Rushmori.
Don't get gloomy, there was time enough for gloom over the grim years in the wilderness. They're over now, barring the prospect of a collapse in the group stage that never used to be their trademark but sure as fuck became so. Don't even think of the prospect of failing to qualify. That didn't happen to Nephara, apart from the couple times it had. And anyway, one of those trips got them the bronze star. Non-qualification was done, it was over with, it had served its purpose. Moving forward now to bigger and better things.

"These motherfuckers," Strauss' team-talk began, promisingly, "want to show the world that Sarzonia's back! Sarzonia ain't back, cunts! But they've got all the motivation in the world to try to prove it anyway, to succeed, and we've got a target on our back, same as always. This is a team that was happy to hug and cry it out after conceding four goals in the first half. You've watched that game over and over by now, you're sick of it. But you can play it back in your head. You know what to do, how to make them stretch and break. Their midfield's got strong technical players, Reynolds and Mabree in the core, but they're gonna fold tracking back. Get them chasing the game and there just won't be the defensive qualities there. Then you'll have space, Chimera, you can do whatever you want to exploit that. We're bigger than they are, harder than they are, we're nastier cunts than they are. And the crowd's on our side. What will fuck us is if they score first, get the chance to sit back and bring on Collins--"

Ten minutes? Seriously? Ten minutes in and they let them do just that? Daniella Strauss was left to grimace some time later, face like thunder. Clayton Wilson was a name she'd underlined before the start of the game. Didn't know much about the kid, it was hard to get much scouting done at international level, but she knew he'd been made captain and had a big history behind him. His grandfather had been a big deal, back in the day. She'd told Stride to play cautiously, not to let too much space get behind her... well, some days things went in one ear and out the other with that girl. Wilson had played like a man possessed and Stride, a little defensively complacent like she was cross-referencing club histories and league titles even as he bore down on her, hesitated too long before going in late and all, all wrong as he darted inside her. Look at this convenient boot trailing at your ankle on the edge of the box. Whoops, so easy to fall over it. Penalty any day of the week, and given despite the predictable protestations of the crowd.
Wilson's penalty. Wilson with the armband. Wilson with the history and, most pertinently, Wilson's confidence sky-high. Naturally he took it. Naturally he buried it, Mercator going the right way but physiologically unable to reach as far into the corner as Wilson placed it.
"Fuck's sake," Strauss announced to the world at large. Second straight game they'd conceded first, and while the force of oxygen might not be on Sarzonia's side, they had the creativity to damage Nephara if given space, a natural outlet in Campos...
"Keep calm, keep calm." That was imperative. They had to be patient. They had to keep plugging at it, they had to not open up gaps towards the back and trust the Stars to blink first.

They did.
It was not without its heart-in-the-mouth moments. Mabree managed to Cayden Aguirre moments before being clattered by Shone, the referee had the temerity to play advantage as Aguirre managed a clever and well-rehearsed one-two with dos Santos down the right, but Mercator came out flying to narrow the angle and force a decision, force Aguirre to blast wide and curse himself for it. A reminder not to get complacent. A reminder this side wouldn't be out of place at the World Cup finals themselves. But only that.
At the other end, Carlton Sandt was keeping his palms warm thanks to a couple speculative efforts from Chimera Moxham, who probably envisioned both as heroic top-corner screamers before they turned into fairly routine saves for the young stopper. The sole Sarzonian international based abroad, Sandt was a particular cause for concern prior to the match, big and agile and proactive. Perhaps to a fault.
Moxham found space in the hole yet again, played in after Shone won the ball fairly (!) and looking up to assess her options. Mabree was at her back - no issue, shaken with a sway of the hips and that left her in a very natural position to languidly swing a ball over the top of Taylor's head. He knew there was trouble, he repositioned to deal with that trouble and got his legs tangled with Saroszi's as they ran over the top, took the ball on the chest and got dragged down.
Up stepped Rowena Strongbow, going one last year with one goal in mind; making it to 50 strikes. Her penalty, nearly as flawlessly dispatched as Wilson's, made it 48.

The rest of the half was a tightrope dance, neither side ever seeming too far from its next goal. The difficulty was that for Sarzonia, a point was still a moral victory, and they both knew Nephara needed to win. So they remained vulnerable to the counter, bailed out twice by the unusual pace of their centre-halves as Mabree came closer to atoning for his slack marking on Moxham earlier. But when the ball was safely at the feet of a green shirt... well, Sandt had more to do to keep Sarzonia level, including a spectacular save from when Moxham finally did launch a proper screamer.
Curiously, both sides made a half-time substitution. As Strauss had prophesied, the cynical Trisha Collins came on for Reynolds to try and hold the point. Strauss' hand was forced - Kurtis Bastable was hobbling over the closing minutes, and she chose the towering, brutish force of Arista Tzorvas to replace him.
Unfairly, these substitutions would be later painted as changing the game. It was an obvious angle for a journalist to take; changes happen, the match goes from even to a rout. But Trisha Collins' performance was excellent, even if it did resemble at times a plate-spinning operation.
It all went to pieces through Metzger's strike, facilitated by Strongbow's cross hitting him perfectly in the chest as he came inside, held off Benignati and dragged the ball, ugly but efficient, past the sprawling Sandt. One could credit Tzorvas for taking up space, one supposed.
Even then, the Stars should have equalised; a lapse in young Campos' concentration - alone up front after Aguirre withdrew into the midfield - meant that he was standing gormlessly on the edge of the area when Wilson swept in a shot, Mercator reacted sharply to paw it against the post and had he followed through, he would have been presented with a tap-in.
But 'if' and 'should' didn't mean a damn thing. 'And if I had six fingers I'd be Brenecian,' as the saying went. What did happen was a long, clever passing move culminating in Rovena Stride, sprinting like mad from her position at rightback, sliding desperately at the far post to nudge home a deflected strike from Tzorvas. Tzorvas herself would make it four towards the end, Stride returning the favour with a peach of a cross, the CAP striker not even having to jump as she flicked home.
'A game of two halves' indeed. But not all 4-1s were created equal. For 45 minutes, the Stars went toe-to-toe with the reigning bronze medallists.
They had thirteen rounds to work on the second half. Doubtless, at the Dave Wilson Stadium, they'd be ready.

NEPHARAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 3
Goalkeepers:
1 - Hesterine Mercator (Eastweald, COS), 12 - Acatha Feldman (AFC Corvistone), 20 - Aranea Provost (Holdenberg)
Defenders: 2 - Rovena Stride (AFC Treason), 3 - Marcin Close (Brinemouth, c), 5 - Cedella Verlander (AFC Corvistone), 6 - Ilyana Brosch (Brinemouth), 18 - Valeri Longship (Crisisbless), 19 - Vivica Muscadin (Sabrefell Moths), 22 - Gabriel Lockheed (AFC Treason)
Midfielders: 4 - Ferena Rauch (AFC Treason), 7 - Bryony Westerveld (Sabrefell Athletic), 8 - Malachi Chalk (Falourr, EUR), 11 - Rasmus Caracole (Coret Hawks), 13 - Monako Saroszi (Ulsa, EUR), 15 - Mercurio Kastriot (Crisisbless), 16 - Morena Deventer (Brinemouth), 21 - Chimera Moxham (Crawford City FC, COS)
Forwards: 9 - Kurtis Laiota (Crisisbless), 10 - Aristide Metzger (AFC Treason), 14 - Arista Tzorvas (CA Paulinthal, PAS), 17 - Voska Avetisyan (Cornellians, SCT), 23 - Konrad Lovelace (Revolutionaries, EUR)

SCHEDULE
Welzat 0 - 3 Nephara
[Bye]
Nephara 2 - 0 Great Lausitz @ Godswatch (Crisisbless)
Huayramarca 2 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 4 - 1 Sarzonia @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Competitive Solitaire vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. South Charlia @ Eagle's Club (Brinemouth)
Darmen vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Aimena @ Ludd's Hammer (Stahlburg)
Jeruselem vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Delaclava @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Acronius vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Simpralia @ The Iron Hill (Vermillion)
Nephara vs. Welzat @ Ebony Lane (Cranequin)
[Bye]
Great Lausitz vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Huayramarca @ Phoenix Rise (Corvistone)
Sarzonia vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Competitive Solitaire @ Ludd's Hammer (Stahlburg)
South Charlia vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Darmen @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Aimena vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Jeruselem @ Eagle's Club (Brinemouth)
Delaclava vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Acronius @ Godswatch (Crisisbless)
Simpralia vs. Nephara
Last edited by Nephara on Thu May 28, 2020 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Thu May 28, 2020 5:07 am

The Daily Boing

Osarius 2 – 2 Baggieland FT (1 – 0 HT)

After Baggieland picked up its first qualification point in the previous game, they went on and picked up another point, this time away to Osarius.

Osarius came out of the blocks all guns blazing. They peppered the Baggielandian defence with cross after cross and the Throstles could only manage to hold the fort for 12 minutes. It was in that minute that all the Osariusian pressure came to bear, as they scored the opening goal of the game after relentless pressing. After that, Osarius seemed to take their foot off the gas, which allowed Baggieland to get back into the game. As the first half wore on, the away side grew in confidence and were giving as good as they got. Although the travelling support had to wait until the 37th minute for their first shot in anger. Pennington dispossessed his opposite number, then did a neat one-two with Livermore. Pennington pushed on and slid in Regis with an inch-perfect pass, Regis let loose with a thunderous shot that the keeper did very well to push out for a corner. From the resulting set-piece, McAuley used all of his 6’ 6” to tower above everyone else, but he couldn’t direct his header goalwards.

The second half began as an almost exact copy of the first half. The Osarius manager must have given the players a right talking to during the break, as yet again, they came out looking to attack right from the start. Just like in the opening period, Osarius got their second goal early on. However, the Baggieland players, instead of feeling down, picked themselves up and fought back. They halved the deficit in the 62nd minute when Livermore played in Brunt on the left wing. Brunt then took the ball near the corner flag, where he managed to lose his marker and then moved infield where he had a crack at goal. The keeper saved Brunt’s shot, but could only parry it directly into the path of Regis, who couldn’t miss from six yards out. The away support were sent into delirium in the 84th minute when Baggieland got their equaliser. This time, a blistering run by Bassett down the right wing left the Osarius players for dead, he then centred for Bomber, who in turn picked out Richardson. The in-form striker had no hesitation in unleashing a shot, which evaded the keeper’s attempt to keep it out and nestled into the back of the net. The final minutes saw Osarius trying desperately to regain their lead, but the game would finish as a draw.

Baggieland stats:

Scorers:
Ronnie Regis: (62’).
Jeff Richardson (84’).

Possession: 43%.
Corners: 3.

Tournament scorers:
Jeff Richardson: 3.
Bomber Robson: 2
Ray Brunt: 1.
Ronnie Regis: 1.

International goals:
Jeff Richardson: 7.
Ray Brunt: 3.
Bomber Robson: 2
Ronnie Regis: 2.
Jonas McAuley: 1.
Chris Barlow: 1.

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sharktail » Thu May 28, 2020 5:26 am

Matchday 5 Group 5

Sharktail-1
Gaby (m '41)

Line up
Ahmad
Harold
Azmi
Yusri
Ashaari
Chandra
Nik akif (sub m '66)
Azmer
Azaim
Gaby
Virman

Sub:
Afif (m '66)

Zwangzug-3
Johan Idmar (m '39,51)
Joshua Twoni (m '23)

SHARKTAIL POST EP 10
GROUP 5.

World cup qualifier 85 have entering the fifth matchday.Sharktail will play their 4 game after getting bye in 2nd matchday.Overall Sharktail performance ended with 1 win and 2 lose.Sharktail have scored 10 goals and concede 15 goals in 4 game.

MATCH PREVIEW

In first matchday Sharktail facing 11th ranked Commenwealth of Baker Park.A tough start for Sharktail.Playing in front of Baker Park fans,Sharktail lose in all aspect, and let their attacker Simmons get a fantastic game scoring his first hatrick in WCQ edition 85.Sharktail getting bye in the second matchday give this team more time to prepare and ready for the next game.However the result not turn out as they want it.Once again,a big amount of goal have been scored in that match.In the first game total 9 goal have been scored,once again it happen in the second game.Sharktail losing 4-5 to Khazajamal.Sharktail have leading that game two time before letting Khazajamal tied and turn back the result.Sharktail missed their chance to win.Entering the third game,Sharktail once again played away against Darkmania.Sahami make a change to the roster including defensive line and it turn out give Sharktail the first and waited win.Gaby become the hero scoring two goal against Darkmania.In the 4th game,Sharktail visited by Zwangzug in Kota Lama National Arena.Not expecting to much in this game,Zwangzug easily beat Sharktail 3-1.

GROUP 5

Group 5 containing 13 team including Baker Park,Zwangzug,Darkmania,Valladeras,The Maccabes,Bushkrub,Twicetagrian,Adsuri,Squorshelous,Mkabia,Vakolicci and Khazajamal.Except Twicetagria,Mkabia,Bushkrub,Khazajamal and Sharktail,all the other team have played 5 game.Baker Park still remain the only team with clean record all win in all 5 match.They collect 15 point.If they continue performing like this,they will easily qualify for World cup Final.Following Baker Park with just 3 point different,Zwangzug took the second place with 1 lose.It all happening after these two monster meeting each other with Baker Park easily beating Zwangzug 4 against nothing.The Maccabes and Darkmania give a challenge to Zwangzug for the second place in the group.Twicetagria and Valladeras share the same point but the advantage on Twicetagria with one match.Will they be able to use the advantage or not,they will have to figure out themselves.3 team collecting 5 point after 5 matchday.They are Mkabia,Squorshelous and Vakolicci.Bushkrub stand in 10th place with 4 point,1 point ahead Khazajamal and Sharktail.Adsuri,5 match,5 lose,just time will said when they will break in.They may be in last place noe but they may climb up in future.Better watch for all the team.

MATCHDAY 6

More exciting stories will happen in Matchday 6.They up down of group standing,the change of the group leader,that may happen in matchday 6.The first match will take place for group 5 is Zwangzug against Khazajamal.On the paper it will be an easy win for Zwangzug.This is the chance for Zwangzug to continue give a challenge for Baker Park.Valladeras will facing Sharktail in the next match.Valladeras will need this win to close the gap with with upper ranked team in group while Sharktail will try to fix their group position.Baker Park vs The Macabees,the most exciting match to watch.Will Baker Park remain undefeated or can The Macabees take them down.Bushkrub will facing Vakolicci.Twicetagria will facing Adsuri.Will Adsuri facing their 6th lose in a row?Twicetagria surely will take these match as the chance for them to collect full 3 point.The last one is Mkabia will facing Squorshelous.Darkmania will take their rest and prepare for the next game.

Zwangzug vs Khazajamal
Valladeras vs Sharktail
Macabees vs Baker park
Bushkrub vs Vakolicci
Twicetagria vs Adsuri
Mkabia vs Squornshelous

Last edited by Sharktail on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSSport Roleplayer | Melayu Archipelago Member

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu May 28, 2020 5:45 am

The Turnip: We start our crusade against The Beet with a song and dance
by Ezekiel Starlight III

To the tune of...

Ahh, ahh
Ahh, ahh
Ahh, ahh-ahh-ahh

The Beet is fake, the vegetable
Known for being red and terrible
So throw away those nasty bulbs
And choose a different newspaper

Throw the beet, at the naked news
Or fashion it into shoes
Why don't you hurl it into stew
Turning it's texture thick as glue
Toss all the beets out of the plane
Don't risk a shirt with a horrid stain
Horrid stain

All beets are useless dirty roots
The vegetable's just for brutes
All beets are useless dirty roots

The path to wisdom, starts right here,
Love the turnip, we're endeared.
This is definitely not a craze,
Start the day with a song in praise,
Seven for lunch, and two for noon
That's all now, end this tune

Song is Veruca Salt from the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie
Last edited by Electrum on Thu May 28, 2020 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Thu May 28, 2020 6:07 am

Brenecia 3 - 1 Crystalline Caverns
(4-3-3) 20 - Wright; 18 - Lonergan, 22 - Leadbetter, 6 - Mathers, 3 - Watermark (19 - Prentice 61'); 8 - Matheson, 4 - Townsend (23 - Fallon 78'), 13 - Wheeler; 7 - Cheney (15 - Speaker 61'), 10 - Ciogach, 16 - Fletcher
Goals: Ciogach 33', Matheson 41', Fletcher 77'

Clovette Packard never blinked.
Metaphorically? No, not metaphorically. Not quite literally, either. She had eyelids, and the natural impulse to moisten ones eyes that is a subsconcious human and indeed mammalian--
Clovette Packard rarely blinked.
In truth it was disconcerting. She would stare at you from across her desk. Perhaps her fingers would drum on her table. Perhaps she would adjust one of her collection of antique snowglobes. And she would politely tell you, no, you would not get what you want, she would get what she wanted, and you were dismissed. The only person Packard ever caved to was Ward, and Ward was gone now. Less brainless than Boland and less dead than Paterson or Kerr, Packard was the final member of the inner circle - at least, those elements of it who were actually elected officials. She still held some pull with elements of the military, and of the defanged Directorate. And everyone else in the CPP was in mortal fear of her. So that helped.
She liked these little moments alone and unharried at her desk. Mostly, dealing with people could be delegated when she actually had to compromise or give them things. When you walked into Packard's office, you walked in there with your back foot forward, and kept a damage limitation mentality from the start if you wanted at all to limit the damage. She did not welcome backchat or pushback.
The next sap for dismemberment, Bruno Horan, did not have that memo to hand. Horan believed in Ward more than he believed in the electorate and believed in being right more than he did in winning. In other words, a moron. Easy meat.
"Mr. Horan," she purred. "Take a seat."
It would be easy and unfair to characterise Horan as a moron simply because he / and therefore resembling an ambulant side of beef in an ill-fitting suit. The fact that he did, in fact, resemble an ambulant side of beef in an ill-fitting suit was pure coincidence. "I'll stand, thank you. Your maneuvring is an outrage--"
"It isn't," Packard corrected him.
"It is! And furthermore--"
"Right, that's quite enough of that. You'll sit."
He sat before realising he'd made and broken a point of standing. Damn. "Well--"
Packard continued not to blink. "Your seat. Croker, in Lastcreek. Historically safe. Should still be safe. Officially now marginal, due to your poor performance. The only reason you remain in Croker is that it is loyal to the CPP to the point where even a liability such as yourself could survive by a significant if narrowed margin. If I must be saddled with you, there are two places I could leave you. One is in Croker, or a seat like it, where you would survive. The other--"
"I--"
"-- is in a no-hope seat in Westpike, where the locals look between the old Progressives and the League without for a moment thinking of voting blue, where you would shrivel like a grape without harming the party. You are now in Lastcreek. I could put you in Westpike. Reconsider your position."
"B--"
"You are dismissed, Horan."
"H--"
"Dismissed."

It wasn't that Packard lacked a philosophy, just that her philosophy was to win first and establish concrete goals later. Hard-right ultranationalism was no longer tenable; the electorate rejected it. Perhaps that would change if things really did go down the drain over the next few years, but for now, the CPP had to pivot back towards the centre. Sure, she'd been the hand behind austerity, but she could nod along with rolling back some of her measures. 'Meet me in the middle,' said the unjust man, taking a step back, and a step back...
Some people would see this as humilitation. Others as admitting fault with the prior regime. Relics. She didn't need them. She needed winners. The LDR was untouchable now, but just wait 'til they actually had to start dirtying their hands with proper politics. Getting back in bed with the shags was both economically necessary and, to some of the electorate, political suicide. She'd have those voters back gladly. They just had to play the waiting game now. Mark down all of Bardsley's promises and mercilessly skewer any left unfulfilled. She isn't a woman to whom power comes naturally. She's an overpromoted football manager, for Christ's sake. And she's old, and fragile, and rumoured to be sick. And, look, she was only ever a protest vote anyway, wasn't she? You've made your point. Come back to the fold.
She believed it all with a terrifying conviction. Perhaps slightly insane, some felt. But if you were going to either; stay on the ride down this bold new direction, or get brutally hurled off and thrown under the wheels, which one did you pick, really?
Perhaps Brenecia still lived in interesting times. Perhaps it was doomed to them.

BRENECIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 3
Goalkeepers:
1 - Cass Farrell (Northern Union), 12 - Opal Cairncross (Marketville, EUR), 20 - Scathach Wright (Raynor City United, VAL)
Defenders: 2 - Caithe Shepherd (Northern Stallions), 3 - Deimne Watermark (Northern Stallions), 5 - Garrett Horgan (Northern Union), 6 - Keane Mathers (Northern Stallions), 18 - Sorcha Lonergan (Northern Union), 19 - Morwen Prentice (Farrenton Athletic, EUR), 22 - Finn Leadbetter (Holdenberg, EUR)
Midfielders: 4 - Finn Townsend (North Hall), 8 - Elysse Matheson (Hornchurch, EUR), 13 - Corby Wheeler (Goldstaff City, COS), 14 - Esther Caitiff (Southern Star), 21 - Riona Parker (Galatica, PAS), 23 - Ronan Fallon (Newrook City, NPH)
Forwards: 7 - Lauren Cheney (Spartangrad, EUR), 9 - Mhacha White (Farrenton Athletic, EUR), 10 - Kara Ciogach (Lajuno, EUR), 11 - Tricia Pace (Northern Union), 15 - Nuada Speaker (North Hall), 16 - Ceridwen Fletcher (Holdenberg, EUR), 17 - Creidne Lindauer (Cazadores Cathair, AUD)

SCHEDULE
Brenecia 2 - 3 Poafmersia
Shokpos 1 - 2 Brenecia
Brenecia 5
- 2 Andromeda Island Group
Revatnagar 2 - 3 Brenecia
Brenecia 3
- 1 Crystalline Caverns
Emastalia vs. Brenecia
[Bye]
Brenecia vs. IA Quebec
Qvardax vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Damukuni
Recuecn vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Grearish Union
Filindostan vs. Brenecia
Poafmersia vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Shokpos
Andromeda Island Group vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Revatnagar
Crystalline Caverns vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Emastalia
[Bye]
IA Quebec vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Qvardax
Damukuni vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Recuecn
Grearish Union vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Filindostan
Puppet of Nephara.

Gopnikea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gopnikea » Thu May 28, 2020 6:23 am

Gopnikea - Balqia
Results: 2 - 0 (J. Gronthell 28’, J. Lowrie 89’)
Yellow card: E. Stariq 81’

After a bad start to the 85th World Cup with a few losses and a draw against Caelapes, Gopnikea has found a way to have their first win. John Lowrie has surprised the stadium with a last minute long distance shot. A centre back of Balqia, Edmon Stariq has been booked for diving.

Coach Bestos: Lowrie, well done mate! I never thought that you would find a chance to score.

Lowrie: Thanks, coach. I wouldn’t have done it without the help of Treyhon. If he had held on to the ball for longer than a split second, we certainly would have lost posession. His through pass to me made us score another goal.

Coach Bestos: That was an amazing play! The way you tricked the defenders by going to the left wing and then cutting the right, that’s like, WOW.

Lowrie: No, that’s normal for me now. I practice so much on cutting to the right that I can use it effectively on the field.

Coach Bestos: If you keep that up, you’ll be in the national team for a long time.

Lowrie: Thanks, coach.
Last edited by Gopnikea on Thu May 28, 2020 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Boot It!: Thine Prayers Hath Been Answered In Rack City

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu May 28, 2020 6:53 am

(OOC: This RP was inspired by the lyrics to Detroit Rock City by Kiss)

You'd think that the Home of the 'Spuds' would be sponsored by something related to potatoes, but it's chicken providers Jecken that have slapped their name onto the stadium in Rack City, Jeckland. The Jaguars were hoping to not lose their minds in Rack City after back-to-back loses sent the winless Jags into 12th. Jeckland had only recently won their first game last time out, so many back home hoped they wouldn't feel uptight on this night.

For the 2nd game in a row TJUN-ia scored in the 1st half, but this time it would mark the first time that the Jags scored 1st. Joe Green was the one to do it in the 34th minute, moving his feet and the ball with style before firing it past Carter Clemens to bring some hope that the song of Jeckish boos and TJUN-ian cheers can pull them through.

The half-time team talk by David Seems came on strong in the 2nd half and told them what to do: play like you want to try and make the midnight show. This consisted of solid attack and defence, making sure the Spuds don't try and level the game up. The plan worked brilliantly as the Jags were getting good shots in while holding the Spuds off and avoiding the metaphysical truck, in this case a Jeckish goal, heading their way.

There was even time for the icing on this cake as a header by Peliniho on an 89th minute corner caused some in the stadium to leave their seats and head for the exit. The TJUN-ian campaign was finally up and running in Rack City, but now the team knows it has to hit the road home. Nantanians and Nosts await in Szensky and the hope is that the team can finally hit top speed before they start moving too slow again. GO JAGS!

SCHEDULE (Updates on stadiums will occur as soon as we get them)
MD1: @Audioslavia (22) - Arena Kirola, Cathair L 1-2 (T-9th)
MD2: vs Euran Oceania Territories (84) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City D 2-2 (T-9th)
MD3: @Porticalia (330) L 0-1 (T-10th)
MD4: vs Sajnur (57) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong L 2-3 (12th)
MD5: @Jeckland (UR) - Jecken Stadium, Rack City W 2-0 (10th)
MD6: vs Natanians and Nosts (131) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky
MD7: @Villablanca (235)
MD8: BYE
MD9: vs New Lusitania and the Algarves (42) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky
MD10: @Necosia (341)
MD11: vs Turori (12) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD12: @Astograth (303) - Castle Hill, Gesterlake
MD13: vs Muradil (212) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
-----------------------Off Day---------------------------
MD14: vs Audioslavia (22) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD15: @Euran Oceania Territories (84) - Flynn Arena, Fligsive
MD16: vs Porticalia (330) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong
MD17: @Sajnur (57) - ?
MD18: vs Jeckland (UR) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong
MD19: @Natanians and Nosts (131) - Stadion Nacional (?)
MD20: vs Villablanca (235) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky
MD21: BYE
MD22: @New Lusitania and the Algarves (42) - Estádio da Anta do Dragão, Porto
MD23: vs Necosia (341) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD24: @Turori (12)
MD25: vs Astograth (303) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD26: @Muradil (212)
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Thu May 28, 2020 7:02 am

Fiona had never enjoyed running sprints, but she had fallen into the habit of slowly walking around the stands in the morning. Elena was hacking the scoreboard to display rude messages and implausible scorelines. Niels was doing the thing where you climbed up and down on the bleachers with inexhaustible stamina in section 17. Tessie was eating a muffin. Rowan looked half-asleep.

Tessie?

"What are you doing?" Fiona blurted, turning and making her way back through the empty seats.

"Eating breakfast," said Tessie, "what are you doing?"

"You know what I mean. Why are you still here?"

"I guess nobody wanted to come." Tessie shrugged, but she sounded furtive.

"That seems...unlikely."

"Well," Tessie said, "why didn't you want to leave?"

Fiona paused, trying to find words for inertia. "I mean, I don't mind being bored, there's probably old game footage in the clubhouse to keep busy. And the climb down isn't going to be any safer than this, if anything, it'll be more risky. Just because I'm healthy doesn't mean I can't trip over a rock or something."

"Well, there you go," said Tessie. "Sounds like you're not alone."

"No, there's more than that. I don't know...None of us know if this is going to work, right? For all we know, the Sherpa team spread out across Esportiva before they heard about the ref and now that whole region is infected. I don't think so, but we don't know, we don't know anything up here. We don't know if this is going to protect anyone."

"Right."

"But...the stuff Ryan was saying. If I leave, and we did spread it, there wouldn't be any way of knowing who was carrying it and who was lucky. But I don't know how I'd live with myself."

Tessie nodded. "Ryan's a smart guy. I think he probably knew, on some level."

"Knew what?"

"That we all would think about it the same way. It sucks being trapped here; it sucks more to have the lives and deaths of strangers on your shoulders. But he can't be a dictator for us--we all had to have the choice. Yeah, that's it. Now we're not just stranded, we're a team. Because we all chose this."

"Is this some touchy-feely team spirit pep talk?"

"No." Tessie rolled her eyes. "Listen, if I die, you might be sad. At least a little. I mean, I hope you wouldn't be happy about it or anything--"

"Of course I wouldn't be happy about it!" Fiona snapped.

"Okay, good. I mean--you know what I mean. But you wouldn't moan and groan and go on about it and make everybody around you sad too."

"Well, everyone around me is just the rest of the team, right now, and I'd assume they wouldn't be happy either. Maybe Vaughn, he'd try and take your spot."

"Right, but like--you'd all know that I died trying to do what I thought was right. Trying to make sure no one else goes through this. So you'd be proud. I hope."

"Of course."

"There are people who don't see it that way, probably. Somewhere. I know it sounds weird, but lots of weird people exist. So at least this way, we all understand each other."

"I guess," said Fiona, unconvinced.

She continued her slow lap of the field, mulling what Tessie had said. Did it make a difference, to know her teammates saw the world the same way she did, deep down? It still wouldn't make it any easier to put up with them when Inez was being a hotshot or Amelie was listening to weird music or Samuel refused to take anything seriously. But maybe, if worst came to worst, it would matter even if she wasn't there to listen.

"Hey, Vaughn," she said, waving to the young defensive sub. "Tessie says if she dies you're only allowed to be a little sad. Don't make a big deal out of it, or anything, look on the upside and--"

Vaughn threw up into a trash can.
Last edited by Zwangzug on Thu May 28, 2020 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu May 28, 2020 7:41 am

No Equality For Mann Clan in Concord Heights,
by Chelsea Dufresne, Concord Heights Times

As Hannah McCarthy takes a day off today from her coverage of the Royal Family, I am glad that you have found the time to check out the coverage of our World Cup 85 Qualifying campaign. We are now five games in, and there are some things that we need to cover concerning the team.

Let’s begin with the group. Right now, things are looking very rosy for the Fillies, who have begun their qualification effort with five consecutive wins. Other then Timuria, they have not played any of the projected top contenders in this group yet. Those would be Sargossa and Kelssek, and none of these three countries have had any of their head to head meetings thus far. Against everyone else in the group, the Corsairs and the Voyagers have also been taking care of business, resulting in these top three teams having a combined record of 14-0-0. With only two teams that make it out of the group, you can see that there is one team that is playing really well right now that is not going to be heading to either Mriin or Farfadillis. I cannot forget about Barunia here as well, another of the top threats, who are 3-0-1. The Fillies have the best goal differential right now, but cannot afford any form of slipping up. I am not expecting for that to happen based on how their form has been even prior to the World Cup. However, the unthinkable can happen, and we don’t know what the future will hold. Cassadaigua plays Sargossa in Concord Heights on Matchday 7, and Kelssek for the first time, also at home, on Matchday 12. Sargossa and Kelssek will have their first head to head meeting on Matchday 8 in Sargossa.

We have received the final details now about the Hannah Ranucci jersey retirement ceremony. Ranucci played for the team from World Cup 78 thru 84, and was the captain of the team for the majority of those efforts. With Ranucci’s leadership, the team rose up the ranks from their return to World Cup play, dealing with the plight of being an unranked team to the qualification out of Pot 6 in World Cup 79. Once in the World Cup, the team continued their advancement forward, and even made the semifinals in World Cup 83. In that World Cup, the Fillies were defeated by the eventual champions from Equestria, 3-2, in the semifinals. They would lose the third place match to Banija. With that, the nation was hoping for further progression, desiring for the storybook ending of Ranucci’s international career, which would be to win World Cup 84, in Concord Heights. Unfortunately, that did not happen with Eura knocking us off, but the lack of the perfect ending has not prevented CASE (Cassadagan Association for Soccer Excellence) from deciding to bestow this great honor upon her. Not everyone who has had their jersey number retired was a part of our World Cup 50-51 teams, and when you think of where the team was before Ranucci began playing until her retirement, it was a pretty easy decision that her #33 will be honored as well. That ceremony will take place prior to the Matchday 9 contest in Concord Heights against Ziwana. Many well known faces of Cassadagan sports will be on hand for the ceremony, and Ranucci will be presented with her plaque that will be a part of Monument Wall by Queen Cassie II herself. It is something that you don’t want to miss. Tickets for the game have been sold out for a while, but plenty of chances will be present for it to watched, either on TV, or streamed online.

One of the impressive takeaways from the first five games is the play of Kelsey Morgan in goal. There was a lot of question as to whether Morgan was going to hold on to her starting job prior to this qualification period, not because of anything she was doing wrong, but because of her age. At 33, Morgan is at that age where you have to start watching for declining form. Enter the backup Tiffany Nelson, the 27-year old, who is in the prime of her career. Nelson was the starter in the Copa Rushmori and played brilliantly, allowing just one goal in the entire group stage. While manager Stephanie Sweeney always insisted that there was no goalkeeping controversy, and the two players made all the right comments about everything, the way these two were alternating starts in the Wonder Cup, and then the nine friendlies that followed made it pretty apparent that there was an evaluation. Morgan stepped up every time, and while you can’t say the incumbent won the job, because it was always theirs, she certainly solidified herself as the starter. During qualification, she has picked up a clean sheet in four of her five starts thus far. Only Timuria, who put two behind her in our 3-2 win over them, has been able to score against her. Now, we know that Morgan has not played the top teams in the group yet, but her outstanding play is assuring that we do not slip up anymore. Tiffany Nelson gets a lot of work in practice still, and would be ready to step in.

Now, we cannot just look at the four shutouts in five games and credit that to the goalkeeper. The fullbacks have been excellent, and this is a group that has two new starters on it. The leader of the group is Lupe Enriquez, the 31 year old who plays professionally for Busukuma FC in Banija. She has continued her aggressive physical style on the left side, essentially shutting down opponents from wanting to use that side of the pitch to generate an attack. Brooke Sutter, the other returning starter who, like Enriquez, is a one time Di Bradini Cup captain, has shown her amazing leadership qualities both on and off the pitch. Kimberly Carson and Katie Standish, so far, have stepped up into the larger role in a highly efficient manner.

Scoring goals has not been a problem either, and against The Mann Clan, the Fillies were able to find the back of the net six times. The progression of those goals were: Shelby Martin (10'), Rachel Schanke (26'), Zack Pierce (42'), Meghan Wolcott (53'), Sierra Mattison (57'), and Pierce (71').

Overall, here is the breakdown of the 18 goals so far:
Meghan Wolcott- 5
Rachel Schanke- 4
Eddie Malone- 3
Zack Pierce- 2
Sierra Mattison- 2
Ashley Dahlin- 1
Shelby Martin- 1

The thing that stands out there is the five goals scored by midfielder Meghan Wolcott, the 25-year old who plays now for Herzegovina FC in Banija, one of the best clubs in that country. We had hoped that she would step up and have a big World Cup, touting her potential for a while now. At this moment in time, Wolcott’s play has been stunning, picking the right times to join the two strikers, Rachel Schanke and Eddie Malone in the attack, and then delivering on the goals. Schanke, also 25, is someone she has played with since the Di Bradini Cups, and they have a lot of chemistry with one another when they have the opportunities to play together, and that is certainly showing. Malone is playing well, and even though Zack Pierce had been kept off the scoresheet until the match against The Mann Clann, he had been doing a lot of the little things that every team needs. Sierra Mattison, the captain, continues to be the workhorse of this team.

This will need to continue, but right now, all seems well for this team. We shall see if that can continue. Hannah McCarthy will be back in the office tomorrow to continue our look at Royal Family! Enjoy the games!
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cheergirls
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheergirls » Thu May 28, 2020 8:00 am

Meghan Banks was continuing to feel down about things prior to the match against Indusse. The team had not been playing well, in any way, and had just a lone point to show for their efforts. This led to the inevitable Chromatika jokes which got chuckles out of the players until they realized that everyone was saying that and it was getting pretty old. The team had, what she felt, was a good series of practices for the match against Indusse in Hazel City.

She had been asked to listen to a speech by Sir Barsanuphius The Bold. She didn’t know what she thought about this guy. That full suit of armor was very intimidating, and she was still worried about hurting herself, or one of her teammates hurting themselves, from making contract with it in the wrong way. Meghan knew that she would be potentially facing off against some interesting characters in the World Cup, but did not think she would be dealing with someone who she thought only existed in another time period. That alone made Sir Barsanuphius The Bold interesting to her. He had this weird crusade going against Cocoa-bo, and she failed to understand why he was devoting so much time and energy to this. Well, she understood the message he was trying to get across, but there was a lack of people following that message. Most of the other nations in the world were either paying no attention to it, or brushing it off as nonsense, showing that the international verdict of the product was not something that needed to be banned. His speech was passionate and uplifting. Such eloquence was voiced in the speech. But wouldn’t such a speech be better served for a more relevant cause like civil rights somewhere, or something? Anyway, she was amazed by his speech and thought to herself that he must be an amazing leader in their locker room. Maybe that’s what she needed to be in order to be a better leader and for the team to play better.

Immediately prior to taking the field against Indusse, the team was together and talking about random things when Tara Milford’s mother came in the room. She had made Cocoa-bo milkshakes for everyone! They were so delicious, and everyone was able to enjoy them! The great day continued for the team, and they picked up their first win of qualifying, beating Indusse 1-0. They were so happy to finally get that first win!

Afterwards, Meghan wondered. Was it because of the cocoa-bo milkshakes? No, it was probably just the sugar rush from them.
*\o/* Cheerleading obsessed puppet of Cassadaigua *\o/*

(No IC connection between the two)

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu May 28, 2020 8:15 am

(OOC: This was canonically posted between MD4 and MD5.)

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Football Fallacies
with Graham O'Doherty

NORMAL SERVICE RESUMES (?)

Okay, first of all, let me just say that that last match was truly absolutely completely out of this world. Confusing mind-boggling heartstopping exciting action for all the 90 minutes. What the fuck even is this game, literally? Hello guys, and welcome back to yet another edition of The Football Fallacies with me, your gay Irishman Graham O'Doherty. Another set of World Cup qualifiers are now under our belt, and after getting maximum points in our first three games, it was inevitable that we were finally going to drop an absolute ball. Perhaps the only good thing to come out of our encounter with Bolgano was that we lost in the most spectacular way possible.

Our first game in this set of qualifiers takes us over to Oubie Park in Lotharstadt, where we played host to Siovanija and Teusland. The visitors (who have the honestly good nickname the Goldhorns) once again had the advantage over us in the first half, or at least the first half of the first half, if that even makes sense to you. Does it or does it not? Anyway, the Goldhorns had the early pressure, but counterattacking football proved to be the key for us as we took advantage of small mistakes and took the fight to S&T (which is what I'm going to call them from now on because one, I can't use Goldhorns all the time or it'll ruin the novelty; and two, Siovanija and Teusland is just too darn long to type) as first Kareem Dagen then Cedric Pearson scored for the Revolutionaries. S&T managed to pull one back, sure, but beyond that they didn't look like a side capable of stringing together any meaningful sort of attack, and thus Fleftic delusions of grandeur were fueled yet again after we secured all three points at home.

Well then, good on Bolgano, eh? Good on them for keeping us all grounded and deflating our massive heads. The fact that it was a sheer madness of a match should hopefully make this bitter pill a little bit easier to swallow now, eh? Just a literal blizzard of goals. It's like both teams spontaneously forgot how to defend. Which, considering this is Abanhfleft we're talking about, should've really been a given, but those first three games have really flattered our back four. But I guess all the fuck-ups that we've managed to avoid in those three games have manifested all at the same time in this particular game. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... Oh, who am I kidding? Of course it's a bad thing! We are not going to become a World Cup-caliber team with defensive lapses like this! There, I said it!

Yes, yes, I know; it's all a case of deja vu, tell me something I don't know. We all know what I'm going to say: there's no need at all to repeat this if only the SFA would learn the lesson and get a more defensively astute coach! We all know Ranulph Bustamante can whip any side into a good attacking team but he's always been lacking on the defensive side of things. He ain't no Artemio Peres, that's for sure. But then again, do we really want Artemio Peres or someone of his ilk to take charge of our national team? Look at what happened to Pridnestrovia when they hired Gaëtano Bernardeschi. Well, maybe not really. They've had some matches where they scored like five or six goals against someone. But let's just say that that team, whoever it was, was very weak against long ball tactics.

Well, we can't expect every team to be weak against the long ball now, yeah? And our roster as it stands is not particularly effective for that style of play. Physical football, maybe, but not long ball. Now that's something to think about while waiting for the next qualifiers. XOXO from Graham....

ABANHFLEFT 2 - 1 SIOVANIJA & TEUSLAND
DAGEN (38') KYNEV (58')
PEARSON (46')

BOLGANO 5 - 4 ABANHFLEFT
FRIZZEL (10') SELIKOV (41')
EVANS (19') DAGEN (48')
FRIZZEL (32') EL SALAH (68')
HEDD (51') BENSOUSSAN (86 pen')
DEDS (55')
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports