NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 84- RP Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:19 am

Day 2

We travelled from the place we're staying to Shinirigashima's downtown, where my father insisted that we had a look at the City's Stadium, written in Caps because that's exactly the name chosen for it. No words about whether it looks like someone's eye or even any sort of ambition hidden inside the name. We're literally in City's Stadium. My father sounded rather excited about it, saying that it was built for a game so important to Hinodejin society that even Nikolai Thorben showed up.

The Nikolai Thorben.

I feel sorry for Thorben, to be honest. He fled the other realm to join us out of his own volition and they pay him back with a trip to Shinirigashima of the mid-2000s. Not, say, current-day Shinirigashima, a little town in the middle of nowhere with some asphalt and with most things sort of working but not in an ideal manner like a big city would. The mid-2000s Shinirigashima, a little town in the middle of nowhere with hell all to show besides a bunch of trees, bugs and a really small stadium that probably didn't look any better than it looks now.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention: City's Stadium is probably one of the most depressing places I've ever seen. The paint that I assume to have been a vibrant blue has since faded into a rather bucolic tone that covers the walls, the bolts that kept the seats appear to not be in a cohesive union, which is to say that some aren't even there anymore. One wing, in particular, lacks seats entirely which means that you're supposed to sit on the concrete floor. The stadium lacks a roof and it's probably one of the few stadia in the entirety of the Hinodejin Empire that lacks a Wi-Fi connection. Mobile data or nothing, basically.

The tour of the stadium is led by a guy. Rotund, some holes on his mostly-yellow smile, his hair imitating the condition of the trophy room of the stadium ergo void of anything. He mentions three or four times that he used to play for a local team that no longer exists, that once upon a time their team played in a thing called "The Citadine". The Citadine or rather, the Municipal Tournament is a generic term: it was the name of several tournaments across the Empire, disputed by small, amateur teams playing mostly for fun with the eventual team here and there considering going pro at some point down the road. These tournaments were surprisingly common in areas where there were no professional teams, although some towns managed to still have them in spite of their professional sides even thriving.

"We're only a mere nine steps from the KiHi-League, what's to say we won't be able to play against the Q-Bees and CosmoStars soon?"

As we leave the stadium, father obviously decked in a shirt he bought from the local Shinirigashima Soccer Club, I can't help but ponder about one thing in particular... the use of the present verb tense. It was like the old guy honestly thought that a team called Shinirigashima Soccer Club could be competing on the Regional Leagues this very season. In spite of the regional leagues being professional competitions, which a bumfuck town such as this one couldn't possibly afford to sustain.

Surely, it was a Freudian slip.

It has to be.

Day 3

Well, it wasn't a Freudian slip.

Let me put it this way. I, Makoto Soda, being seated in the City's Stadium can indeed confirm that the Shinirigashima Soccer Club that I heard so much about the other day is an active institution and is actually going to play in front of me in a couple of minutes. The local team is playing the Burakuriri State League, an ancient tournament that currently serves mostly to generate matches for amateur and semi-pro teams but there is a catch in favour of Shinirigashima: the rejigging of the regional system (also known as the ninth tier of Hinodejin football) meant that the Burakuriri was now being served by the Main Island Football League, a league that requires that each state participating sends a total of ten teams per season.

Burakuriri had eight teams at the ninth tier before this happened (Barutoromai Saints, Crossover Andoryu, Hyobo Beartics, Kakyuden Emeralds, Kurisutofa Cruzada, Popplio Ikki, Sunaporisu Sandslashes and Takamatsu Scizors) so really, the otherwise irrelevant State League now had the prize of two slots in the regional level. The Burakuriri Football Association decided that the top two teams of the state tournament would be given those two slots, as long as they were capable of running as a professional team. The league's champion actually had been decided three matches ago, Nazca Asutekabireji was already a professional team that had been mostly bidding their time in the state league, to the point where they had been champions in the last four seasons but had their entry into the Northern Hinode League denied over a lack of space.

Meanwhile, Shinirigashima Soccer Club isn't doing all that poorly on the table, why, they're only twenty-five points behind Asutekabireji and alright, alright, I joke. Shinirigashima is playing like you'd think a team from the middle of nowhere would, they're not very good but they're trying their hardest to stay competitive. They arrived in the field in blue shirts, white shorts and white socks. I can't see very well from here but from what I've seen from father's jersey (the one he bought yesterday), their lone sponsor is a bar nearby and the kits themselves were made by a local company. The other team, Maple Gardens AC from Maburugaden (decked in all purple) is a more likely choice for the regional league in comparison but I doubt either of them will be playing Q-Bee Honeyame on a Sunday any time soon.

Just as I finish writing this, Maple Gardens score via a header from the corner. It's easy to feel the annoyance from the local crowd, especially from where I'm sitting, with the jeers starting pretty much as soon as one of the players of the local team gives us a glance. Glancing at us won't help, after all.

They scored again.

And another one.

The game ended in a five-nil. I gave my father a shoulder to cry on over the result as he remained saddened by the sight. He kept mumbling that this was the year his favourite vacation place would find itself playing nationally. I promptly asked if our visit here had been done specifically to watch this team. He nodded.

I fucking hate Shinirigashima.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Just a break

Postby Balqia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:49 am

“Just relax” Nonoms was very suspicious, since a while ago most of the security officers just disappeared. That surely changed the atmosphere for the better, but the reasons were a mystery. The coach said that their complaints were listened and the government permitted them to enjoy some freedom. Most of his teammates embraced the change, but he and Hortiq noticed that something was strange.
-Nonoms, our favorite footballer. Come on!
The girl with the pink hair opened the door, he didn’t know her name, in fact he was the only one there whose name was known by the others, and only because of his job. He sat in the sofa and waited, Pink, as everyone called her, had a cigarette between her fingers.
-Whats up? You are so pale. Just relax, we are here to do it.
Everyone was there, the man in the blue suit, he went there to drink, Nonoms believed he was some bureaucrat from some ministry. Suit was in the old wood table, in his hand a cup of Vodka, with him was the nun, no one knew from where she came, but she went there everyday, prayed for forgiveness and smoked while drinking the cheapest drink she could find.
-It’s nothing… I mean, everything is fine, absolutely fine, we are finally recovering from the initial defeats. Even the securities went away… it’s just that.
He looked around, everyone was absorbed in their own sins, even Pink was more focused in her cigarette
-I just feel observed. Coming here I saw a black car, it looked like it was following me but it just passed away. I think it’s the things I am using…
Speaking of which. The Owner finally arrived, he was a blond man, always wearing a colorful suit, today it was red with green stripes, he owned the place, or “Little Paradise” as he insisted in calling it.
-Hello everyone!
He smiled at everyone, but his eyes finally met Nomon’s and he came there almost running.
-Oh, my little buddy, how is the World Cup going? It’s not going, because we are still in the qualifications. HA HA HA…
Everyone ignored him. His smile faded, he opened his suitcase and grabbed a package enveloped in Kraft paper. Nonoms’s eyes fixated in the package, that went up to the table, Owner’s knife made a cut in it. A little of white powder stuck in the knife.
-I assure you it’s of the best quality. I got it from a top dealer, it comes directly from South America, refined with the best…
-How much?
No time for monologues, the player was already anxious for his dose.
-The usual price, G₡3.000. It was pretty expensive to bribe so many police officers.
-Okay.
Nonoms got the envelope, a total of G₡5.000 was there, the extra two thousand were to pay for a past deal. The Owner and Pink said something, but he was too distracted, the first shot made him feel in heaven, the last one was so many weeks ago that he barely remembered the sensation.
-So, I saw the news. Congrats for being the best player in the Team, you are the next Faj, I think.
Who said that? Well, that doesn’t matter, the usual response would do it.
-Thanks, but I am a galaxy behind Faj.
-Well, if you say so… Say, do you think we will classify?
-No, unless the entirety of our opponents have a stroke we will no qualify, but we are hoping for the third or fourth place.
Silence. He took another shot. The light jazz started playing again, Owner probably turned the music on, he hated the silent ambiance, it was sad, indeed, but the place was for sad people after all. Nonoms got up, he was starting to get agitated.
-Put some real music, you freaking pimp.
-When did I told you about my other job?
Nonom didn’t know if Owner was being serious or not, but it didn’t matter. Some generic electronic music started, so he started to dance, or something that resembled dance. He go tired of it and sat in the sofa again, took another shot and relaxed. In fact he was tired of everything, in the beginning he was so happy, play in the National Team, what a big deal. But now he was just tired of it. Train, eat healthy stuff, exercise, more goals, advance. No time for a break. The coach and his teammates are just a bunch of idiots, no one can stop and relax.
-I think he is dead.
-I am not, I’m just relaxing.
Even there he couldn’t relax, he was just sitting there, for God’s sake…
-Not you, the guy in the suit, he is not moving!
Well, it wasn’t Nonoms problem anyway. He had to get out of there, enter the hotel without anyone seeing and just train like nothing happened. What time was it again? He looked at his cellphone. Four o’clock. He didn’t sleep for even a second, anxious for his break. Maybe the poor performance had something to do with him not sleeping and using drugs…
The time passed too quickly again and he had to return to his hotel room, he said goodbye to everyone, Suit did not die, he was just sleeping. The way home was silent and sad, the streets were empty after the curfew, he knew how to avoid the cops, so he should be in the hotel soon. A car passed, it was odd how it was identical to the one he thought was following him. Even the license plate started with the same numbers.
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:27 am

Setting is Borograd Metropolitan University in Borograd, Siovanija

The Busoga Islander Ambassador to Siovanija & Teusland, Coskun Yuce, had just gotten off of a very important phone call with the President. It wasn't often that the Ambassadors would speak directly wtih the President, and especially for as long as they did- the Busoga Islands was not much of a player in world affairs. They kept a decent working relationship with the Banijans, and the Ambassador to Canterlot ensured that things kept running smoothly with the country's most important international partner, Equestria. As for the rest of the Ambassadors, they were of course important, but the Busoga Islands awas mostly focused on domestic affairs. Considering their size, and the fact that they already had a much bigger, stronger ally in Equestria, they focused mostly on internal affairs. For many Ambassadors, they'd only see the President once a year at their foreign ministry's annual diplomatic conventions in Lakiska, of which every Busoga Islander Ambassador abroad was required to attend. And even then, although the President would speak, it would mostly be workshops, and networking with other Ambassadors and Foreign Ministry staff that lived in Lakiska. So when he got a message that the President had scheduled an important, classified meeting with him, he was forced to clear his schedule. When the head of state wants a meeting with you, you attend. He had originally had tickets to go see an opera in Borograd with his wife, but as this request came so late, he obviously could not go. He had told his wife to ask a friend to attend the opera with her, and she woudl be going.

Instead, he waited in the Embassy until the 8:30 PM EST meeting had started. Ambassador Yuce was quite surprised at the high level nature of this meeting- President Razav, Foreign Minister Karakus, and the National Security Advisor. He hadn't had a clue about what was going on. But then, of course, the three men updated him on what was going on. Ambassador Yuce grew concerned. He had, of course, heard about the meetings going on between Dominik Meier and Isebantu Mutungi, and while he wasn't a fan of it, he did not harbor the resentment towards the Banijans that some of his superiors did. But of course, when they shared their concerns about the possibility of Banijan alliances surrounding the Busoga Islands, he knew that, while not a problem right now, that relationship was something that could eventually be a problem for the Busoga Islands.

And with that, they gave their instructions. Hosting cultural events. Inviting the Vice Chancellor to the Busoga Islands for the country's independence celebrations. Using the power of soft diplomacy to increase the standing of the Busoga Islands in the United Republics. Dominik Meier was working to open up the country to getting involved in foreign affairs, beyond their nation and traditional empire. And the Kingdom of Banija was looking to become their biggest partner. But the Busoga Islands had an opportunity here, as well. They are also members of the near abroad. And, of course, the Islanders had an opportunity to pursue allies beyond their two traditional partners, Timuria and Equestria.

And so today, was the beginning of that. The launch of soft power. A few weeks out from the Islanders 14th Independence Day Celebrations, Ambassador Yuce was hosting an event at Borograd Metropolitan University within the Siovanijan & Teus capitol. Of course, he was an Ambassador, so when the Embassy had inquired about doing some sort of preparation events, it was not hard to get him booked. Getting Ambassadors to give lectures at universities in a nation's capitol city wasn't exactly rare, but still, now it was a big deal. He spoke about the challenges for the Busoga Islands ahead, and of course, did not mention Dominik Meier or the impending visit of the Isebantu to Stelburg in Teusland. The Ambassador spoke about how President Razav's retirement was truly the end of an era for the Islamic Republic, as the first President, after three terms, was finally stepping aside. He spoke about the country's short history, he spoke about challenges and such for the country going forward. He had a meet and greet with students after the event, and of course, the Embassy catered the event. From Bazlama to Roti and more, there was plenty of Islander food there.

It would be the start of a series of events of the Embassy making itself more open and known, up to the actual anniversary of the Busoga Islands' independence. They would host a history exhibition at the Embassy. They would host a seminar on Busoga Islander politics at the Embassy as well. Of course, invitations were sent to students at the relevant departments at Borograd Metropolitan, and they were of course open to the public. And, of course, it would all lead to a celebration at the Embassy of the Busoga Islands independence, on the country's independence day, inviting professors and politicians and others in the city. An invitation would be sent to the country's Vice Chancellor by him to attend the Independence day ceremonies in Lakiska. Could something like this actually bring the two countries closer together? The Ambassador had no idea. But the Ambassador was going to do what it took to try and accomplish the foreign policy goals of his superiors.

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:35 am

OOC Note: Some league spoilers below. All views for the adulterated version are purely IC.

NATIONAL | BUSINESS | PROVINCIAL | INTERNATIONAL | SPORTS | ENTERTAINMENT | SPORTS PORTAL

FOOTBALL: WORLD CUP 84 QUALIFIERS
Filindostan announce Sudirman as new Filindostan manager

San Marco, FILINDOSTAN - It's official. Iqbal Prasetyo is not the man to take Filindostan forward.

The Filindostan Football Federation unveiled Venividicci manager Krisna Hendra Sudirman in front of Filindostani media in their office at Calle Sturiaga this morning to be the next manager of the Filindostan national football team. Despite struggling in the first half of their qualifying campaign, the Pula Garuda are only four points behind Ziwana in second place. Caretaker manager Prasetyo have stopped the bleeding after the Filindos lost two matches in a row against the recent Baptism of Fire participants in Ziwana, and Mitra and Soma, which ultimately cost Xavier Rinoso his managerial duties however, had the former assistant able to have his side beat Mustardy and Vakolicci Haven and Celeria, they would have been level on points with Ziwana instead.

Sudirman has been Venividicci's manager since the formation of the Filindostan Football League and has won the last two editions of the competition in 90005 and 90007. The club is currently in a tussle with local rivals Fortunas and surprise package Perokotyog Yogyakulta for league supremacy this season. It is believed that Venividicci has been compensated handsomely for the services of Sudirman, who is free to choose his coaching staff after Prasetyo has been relieved of his duty as manager and coach of the team. The decision not to keep the then-caretaker manager was taken amid his failure to win the last two matches, which FIlindostani media believed to be winnable, in addition to his spats with veteran goalkeeper Gerry Nasution, who will be expected to return to the national team setup in their away friendly against Baker Park.

Sudirman's first competitive matches will be tough ones, as his side will travel to Riverview to face South Covello, before making the short trip back home to face second seeds Qasden. The matches have deemed to be crucial as to whether it will finally kickstart Filindostan's faltering World Cup Campaign.

Written by FSNA Staff.

Where did it go wrong?

You want to know where did it go wrong? It was the fucking FFF who decided to keep RInoso after he had a very dismal campaign last season and guess what? He did not fucking register the team for the SILVER annviersary of Campionato.

Result against Soco was a fluke. You see they only won against SRS and Flavovovovo. IF YOU CUNT THE NUMBER OF P01N+$ squandered by this team against lower ranked opposition - 3 against Ziwawana, Mira and Sowma, 2 against Bastardy, Vaklici Haven whatever, Furry ISLAND, and Blinguji, THEN WE WOULD HAVE LED FUCKING GREOUP 8 you freaks.

The turds at FFF should be ASHAMED OF THEMSELEVES AND SHULD RESIGN FORM THEIR POSSESIONS FROM THE FEDERATION!!!

NOT Written by FSNA Staff. Written by Anonymous Filindostan.

Schedule - WC84Q
MD01: vs South Covello - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium) - Win, 2-1
MD02: at Qasden - T.V. City (Royal T.V. Stadium) - Loss, 0-1
MD03: BYE
MD04: vs Furby Island - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium) - Draw, 1-1
MD05: at Bliuji - undisclosed city (Domitia Stadium) - Draw, 2-2
MD06: vs Squornshelan Remnant States - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium) - Win, 2-1
MD07: ar Ziwana - Birnin-Likulu (Izula National Stadium) - Loss, 1-2
MD08: vs Mitra and Soma - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium) - Loss, 2-4
MD09: at Flavovespia - Marthorpe (City Arena) - Win, 2-1
MD10: vs Mustardy - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium) - Draw, 1-1
MD11: at Vakolicci Haven and Celeria - venue to be confirmed - Draw, 0-0
MD12: at South Covello - Riverview (Revolution Stadium)
MD13: vs Qasden - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium)
MD14: BYE
MD15: at Furby Island - venue to be confirmed
MD16: vs Bliuji - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium)
MD17: at Squornshelan Remnant States - Lublova (Slavnarzeczpospolitastadion)
MD18: vs Ziwana - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium)
MD19: at Mitra and Soma - venue to be confirmed
MD20: vs Flavovespia - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium)
MD21: at Mustardy - Héronne (Johan Speck Nationalstadion Héronne / The Speck)
MD22: vs Vakolicci Haven and Celeria - San Marco (Filindostan National Stadium)

It took only five minutes for the site administrators that they were hacked by Anonymous Filindostan, in which the site was taken down and the unadulterated version of the article was restored the following day.
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Scene: Stafford City Stadium- CEO and Assistant chat

Assistant: It’s the most wonderful time of year, where people foolishly spend enormous amounts of money on gifts for people when in reality they could probably spend a quarter of what they spent, and the recipient would still be happy.

CEO: That it is, the sales figures have been great too. The masses did not even seem to realize that the bundle of 20 game tickets for the upcoming basketball season actually exceeded what the cost of buying each ticket would be individually.

Assistant: They were too busy by the red and green imagery and usage of the word holiday to describe the bundle. How did the package for the second half of the World Cup qualifying go?

CEO: The Baker’s Dozen campaign has been effective, topping the Tickle Me Pink campaign of the first half by 16%, which is pretty good. A couple of our fluke wins in the first half have generate some interested. Even better, Starlight Suites has reported that bookings have gone up by 22%. To top that off, we have a brand new sponsor who is providing a large sum of money for the second half. They officially signed on the dotted line!

Assistant: Shellshock Batteries?

CEO: Sadly not, was hoping they would jump aboard, but they are becoming more loyal to the Marquette Stadium another the pretense that they are more fan friendly.

Assistant: Well, they are more fan friendly.

CEO: They are, which is why they don’t make as much profit as we do. The Ambiguous Insurance Group is joining in. This is great!

Assistant: A great partner.

CEO: What most of us who know better realize is the market leader in collecting premiums but not paying out on claims due to technicalities. Or enormous deductiblies.

Assistant: Fabulous announcement. So, what do you think about Hannah’s continued strategy of having players dive for red cards to be drawn against them. Worked beautifully against Krytenia. I wonder what the fans will think if we keep doing it?

CEO: They love it because we are telling them that they love it.

Assistant: 3-2-5, not bad. 24 goals the more important thing.

CEO: 2.4 goals for average is important. If that drops then we have to work harder to tell the fans that they are enjoying themselves. Position on the table is to be expected, if not better then expected if you wanted to be technical.

Assistant: Fans are entertained, and held over until actual exciting sports resume.

CEO: Indeed.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Mriin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mriin » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:19 pm

Maal Memoirs
Sports
Six of One, a Sixth-Dozen of the Other

Yon Kegaant
Maal, Mriin

It’s a running joke among those who follow the Reaver’s exploits that they tend to get attached to certain scorelines. A few cycles ago we touched on the frequency at which they won 4-2; more recently they seemed to gravitate to 4-1. When the first two matches of these World Cup 84 qualifiers ended by the line of 6-2, we joked this was the new norm. Of course there were critics who decided to take such a joke seriously--especially those from Drawkland--but, shit, they really went out and did it. When Kavagrad visited Haven they were subject to the FOURTH 6-2 drubbing the Reavers have handed out. Let’s take a gander at all the 6-2s that have happened so far:

Squornshelous 2–6 Poafmersia; MD1
Mriin 6–2 Plane of Possibility; MD1
Northwest Kalactin 2–6 Mriin; MD2
Newmanistan 6–2 Islas Aaland; MD3
Eura 6–2 Togonistan; MD4
Mriin 6–2 Bloing; MD5
Mriin 6–2 Kavagrad; MD10
Juvencus 2–6 The Holy Empire; MD10

Notice a pattern? Of these eight results, half are by the Reaver’s hand. Half! That’s absurd. No other team has done it even twice. When we get into a rhythm, we really get into it.

For the game itself, it was another case of a rotated side showing the national team’s depth as they put a minnow to the torch. Istria Saara was given the chance to start alongside Solara MD1 and immediately caught people’s attention with a brace; when she was brought on in the second half against Bloing, she scored three. Tack on another brace here against Kavagrad, and many are speculating she might be The One to take Solara’s place as the team’s goalscoring icon. At only twenty-two years old there are of course no guarantees to be had, but that’s also plenty of time to accomplish great things.

Tailtu Brennan could be seen visibly shrugging on the sideline as [redacted] and [redacted] pulled back two goals for Kavagrad shortly after halftime--it’s not certainly not the way she expects games to go, but when you’re already up five and Malia settles the nerves with a nerveless direct free kick for the sixth? You just have to accept that sometimes football happens to you.

Mriin - 6
Saara 7’, 24’
Kasmiir 14’
Wehi’katal 27’
Rei 39’
Yonen 58’
Kavagrad - 2
[redacted] 47’
[redacted] 53’

This would have been written after MD10, and thus the following MD11 scores were excluded:
The Holy Empire 6–2 Quincy
Alenburg 2–6 Vilita
Notably, that was THE’s second 6-2 win in two consecutive matchdays.
<Yuezhou> I am willfully ignoring the existence of boats

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:47 pm

Shinonome Kyoai - International

Opponents To Respect

Group 1
Pius Desurongcrandis 1–2 Joyea
Audioslavia 2–0 Aimena
Sargossa 1–2 Islas Aaland
Greater Cebu 1–6 Newmanistan
Brusseldorf 1–0 Kandorith

Group 1 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Audioslavia 9 8 1 0 23 8 +15 25
2 Sargossa 9 7 0 2 20 10 +10 21
3 Newmanistan 9 6 1 2 24 11 +13 19
4 Brusseldorf 9 5 0 4 12 15 −3 15
5 Greater Cebu 9 4 2 3 17 20 −3 14
6 Acronius 9 4 1 4 15 14 +1 13
7 Kandorith 10 3 3 4 13 12 +1 12
8 Joyea 9 3 1 5 14 18 −4 10
9 Islas Aaland 9 2 2 5 13 22 −9 8
10 Aimena 9 0 3 6 5 14 −9 3
11 Pius Desurongcrandis 9 1 0 8 7 19 −12 3

Tenkyo, In an unusual way before the match manager Moriyase shortly met with Brusseldorf's Craig Foster, a meeting Moriyase holds very high in regard. He recalls, "It was very fun to meet Foster. A very interesting individual. I think someone I can learn from in the future and perhaps even take notes from to pass on to our footballing generation." He told us with a big smile.

Kandorith was not expected to win this match but the hopes were not lost when looking at the rankings and statistics. The match was a thrilling contest; harsh, but very fair as most people seem to agree. The game seemed to end in a scoreless draw, but eventually Kandorith would succumb to the immense pressure they were under constantly. In the 47th minute the Kandorese side could no longer hold their defensive line and a slight error led to an amazing shot from some 30 yards out hit the net.

Even though Kandorith faces another defeat, the fans are unbreakable in their support for Moriyase's team. The greatest thing for the dedicated fans was Hisegawa being named man of the match; one of the first Kandorese players in 5 tournaments to receive this reward, which was rewarded by a massive applause by the fans.

Moriyase and the players look back at the match as not a defeat, but a crucial learning moment. "It was very difficult to play against Brusseldorf" Hiro Tanaka exclaimed. "They were much stronger than we were. I think we played too defensively and we were too anxious to try and break their outstanding defences. This is something for us to learn. This team is very young and I am definitely proud of them, I do not know if they are proud of me as their captain. All I can say is we have faced a very clinical team, a very dangerous team and a very resilient team and I hope we can build to something similar and that is all I can say." He said, obviously still tired after the match.

Kandorith has been sitting in the middle and lower middle-half of the table right now, but still holds hope to try and challenge the top two. The next game against Newmanistan will show exactly if Kandorith can still stay in the race.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:06 pm

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Chapter 9 | Chapter 10
Mister Minister | Ch. 11 | Monsieur le Ministre

Before IAC 7--"Thank you so much for meeting with me Mr. Lavoyard, you don't know how much it means to me."

Bill LaVoyard leaned back in his chair and chuckled. "I think I do, Monsieur le Ministre. I'm glad you reached out, but to be frank, I knew you would. There weren't too many options for you."

Jean-Luc Lassalle grimaced. LaVoyard was right, and it stung. He would have had no way to compete with a total boycott of the national team by Reçueçn's professional leagues, and so here he was giving up on his position and kissing up to the big names in the RNFA. He'd asked LaVoyard, who represented Reçueçn FC on the RNFA's executive board, to meet him here in this diner, where Jean-Luc hadd ordered french toast but was now eating humble pie. At least LaVoyard had always been able to see things from the ministry's point of view--that is, until this latest fiasco. But now he too--supposedly the RNFA's weak link and the representative most likely to cave to the ministry's pressure (or Jean-Luc's personal touch)--was in solidarity with even the most anti-government of his colleagues.

"I was disappointed to see your signature on the ultimatum," said Jean-Luc. "I had always though we were on the same side."

"The letter I signed wasn't an ultimatum, it was a protest," insisted LaVoyard. "I was bound to sign, even though it felt inappropriate to send a message that might come across as insolent, because, unless something has changed, we are on the same side. We both want what's best for football in Reçueçn, do we not? I acted merely to preserve the great progress we've made in developing the sport--and to give credit where credit is due, that progress is thanks in large part to your ministry. I just don't want to see why you want to tear that all up in what looks for all the world like an ego-driven power grab." LaVoyard seemed to realize what he had said, and lifted his palm apologetically. "I don't mean to offend. But I think that's how many of my colleagues see it."

It wasn't a great sign to hear an RNFA representative refer to other RNFA representatives as his 'colleagues', if you happened to be in a dispute with the RNFA at the moment. Any other time, Jean-Luc would've been overjoyed to hear that the association was drawing closer together; typically the organization was highly divided with the various representatives constantly struggling for power and for their own team's interest. But apparently the Ministry of Sport was the common enemy now, and that wasn't a good sign.

"I can't see why anyone would think I'm motivated by power or my own ego here," Jean-Luc protested. "When have I ever done anything to put my own interest over that of sportspeople in this country? The RNFA wasn't a big fan of it when I put new restrictions on the league, either, but it was for its own good. This is the same concept."

LaVoyard shook his head, and reached across the table to put his hand on Jean-Luc's arm. An onlooker might have thought the pair were father and son--most 60 year-olds arguing with a 28 year-old in a diner fell into that demographic. "Monsieur Ministre, you did great work when you campaigned for the ministry and when you stabilized the league for the first time in years. People are grateful for that. But there are plenty of RNFA bigwigs who are still resentful of the oversight, and think that the shoes of the first minister of sport are too big for some parliamentary staffer to fill. I'm telling you this for your own good, as a friend: some people say that you were driven not by a love of sport but by a desire for the power of the position you wound up with. Your popularity is not universal, particularly among RNFL team owners."

Jean-Luc spluttered. "I gave them their league back! How dare they!--" But LaVoyard hadn't finished.

"I'm telling you this because I know it colors the situation on our side, and I thought if you knew you might be able to handle it better. Like you said, we both want what's good for the sport. But I truly don't see how decimating the RNFA will help it to advance. The new regulations were logical and they made sense. But this--this is different."

"It's not!"

"The RNFA is football to Reçuecians. It runs the league, and most people still remember that it sent our team to world cup qualifiers back in seventy-two, seventy-three. Taking that away from it now seems arbitrary and pointless, and nobody understands why you're trying to do it. I don't even understand it. What's the goal?" He opened his mouth to go on, and then paused. "No, let me stop there. That's a good question. What is your goal in all this?"

"Look, I don't like to say this so bluntly, but I don't really trust the RNFA anymore. Negotiating with them is always like wrangling cats, and now they go and throw this hissy fit... if the government could just have an agency do the job, I wouldn't have to worry about any of this. It'd be reliable and get done without a fuss. But before you say 'well of course they're upset, look at what you're doing to them,' that's not fair. It's the ministry that remade the RNFL. And anyhow, that's not even the real concern. My real concern is that I don't want to give our national team over to a bunch of tycoons. You don't want what's best for the sport, you want what's best for your teams, and I have to think bigger than that. There's teams that aren't in the RNFA, as hard as that is for you to imagine, and as amateur as they may be. If I gave control of the national team to the association, it would be like selling off the country to the capitalists. And the same thing goes for allowing you to be the governing body of the sport--doubly so. You've already monopolized professional soccer in this country. The fact that there's only two tiers means that although you may say there's promotion and relegation, it's essentially a franchise system. If I let the big guy make the rules, it'll just be the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. Local sports fans in Reçueçn would never forgive me--I could never forgive myself."

"Mister Minister, we are the ninety-nine percent. The RNFA is nothing more than a voluntary association of the teams in this country that came together because they wanted to promote the sport. Membership's not closed. It's a grassroots organization. You know all this. How can you be so opposed to it fulfilling its very purpose?"

"There's nothing grassroots about it! How can you throw around terms like 'grassroots' and 'ninety-nine percent' when your executive board is composed entirely of millionaires whose job it is to represent other millionaires? You represent the owner of the wealthiest team in Reçueçn, and you call yourself the ninety-nine percent? There's nothing democratic about it, you're a lot of capitalist profiteers!"

Jean-Luc threw his hands in the air as he ended his rant, knocking his fork off the table. He turned to pick it up, finding a waitress standing there with their orders in her hands, timidly waiting for the shouting match to die down so she could serve them.

"I'm sorry," he said as he bent down to pick up the fork. "I've always appreciated working with you Monsieur LaVoyard, and I didn't totally mean everything I said. But it's incredibly frustrating to work with such a stubborn organization that blocks me at every turn and then plays the victim."

LaVoyard wanted to say something like, "Well you're only destroying two-thirds of its raison-d'être with a single move," but sensed that this was the moment to trade his vinegar for honey.

"You know just as well as I do that the association doesn't want to boycott the national team anymore than it wants to have it taken away. I'm sure if you make a reasonable offer the representatives will come back bringing their tails behind them."

"I'm not sure we have the same idea of what 'reasonable' means," sighed Jean-Luc, picking up the new knife and fork he'd been brought to cut into his french toast.

"You will have to negotiate," said LaVoyard. "And you will have to use a bit more tact and compromise than usual. Your ministerial power-moves, while impressive, won't work here."

"How would the association feel if the ministry used a negotiator rather than a government employee?" asked Jean-Luc.

"I think that would be ideal, if a suitable one could be found."

"I know just the person."
rəswɛsən

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:31 pm

Blauwald Airfield, Stelburg

Chancellor Dominik Meier and his wife Anna stepped out of the limousine, and walked through the grass towards the runway at Blauwald Airfield, about 15km north of the city centre of Stelburg. The Airfield was operated by the Air Force, and did not permit civilian traffic. It was usually used by major military figures, the President, or the Chancellor when needed. Today, it was to welcome a very important flight indeed: the arrival of the Banijan Foreign Minister, also the Crown Prince of his homeland, Waziri Mutungi.

Present on the runway already was a division of the President’s Guard unit from the armed forces, in full black dress uniform complete with their gold trim, and golden edelweiss badge on their hats. They saluted the Chancellor, and he of course saluted back. Then, there was a collection of school children from the St. Jakob school district. The class contained children from the Banijan diaspora in the country, and two lucky ones had been selected to present gifts to the Waziri: a bouquet containing the edelweiss, the national flower, for his wife, and a wooden carving of a goldhorn, the mythical national animal, for the Waziri. The wood was taken from the Teufelswald, where the creature was said to roam. A lot of preparation had taken place for this particular moment.

Standing on the runway, with a bit of sun now peaking out after their had been rain earlier in the day - classic Stelburg, Meier thought, the Chancellor took time to consider the importance of the next few days. Banija was a key partner, and not just that, it was to be the Chancellor’s first major meeting with an important foreign official, and arguably the biggest foreign visit to the country since the end of the Teus Empire in 1896. No pressure, then. Meier was confident, however, that both sides would be positioned well to forge a good relationship here. Then, the aircraft carrying the Waziri came into sight, and began its descent. Everyone took their places. The door opened, and the moment had come.

Chancellor Meier greeted the Waziri at the bottom steps of the jet, as the two men introduced each other officially and their families. “Waziri Mutungi, it is my honour to welcome you to the United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland,” stated the Chancellor. The official gifts were presented. The two men turned, smiled and waved at the media gathered behind the fence at the airfield. Then, it was into the limousines parked nearby, which whisked the Chancellor and his guest off to the Sanssouci Palace in eastern Stelburg. Once upon a time the preferred retreat of Kaisers, it was finding a new usage in the Republic.

At the Palace, the West Dining Hall was filled with important people from several circles. High-ranking Siovanijan & Teus diplomats and officials, President Joachim Fleiss, the Mayor of Stelburg, military officers. Chancellor Meier and the Waziri made small talk alongside several of the officials, each eager to have their moment. Soon, dinner was served, and it was time for the toasts. President Joachim Fleiss spoke first.

“I’d like to officially welcome Isebantu Mutungi of the Kingdom of Banija to Stelburg. I’ve met his father, the King, several times, and he is a great man. Tell him he is welcome to visit any time. I am glad that this meeting is taking place, and I am eager to see the new partnership our two nations can develop together,” he stated, as applause filled the room. Several other guests spoke, welcoming the visitors to the country and also expressing hope for the meetings that would take place over the next few days. Chancellor Meier spoke at the end, summarizing the overall message and thanking each of the dignitaries for their presence on the night.

After the meal, the reception continued in the Imperial Theatre of the palace, where the Stelburg National Opera put on a performance of the ’Gott des Donners,’ an opera by the famous Teus composer Rudolph Eisner. Based on old mythology, it depicted the birth of the Teus & Siovanijan peoples through the work of Donar, the titular God of Thunder, and Nokk, his brother and the God of Fire. The Chancellor and his family, as well as the Waziri and his family, were all guests in the box once reserved for Kaisers, and now meant for President Fleiss. After the opera, the evening continued for a little while longer in the reception hall, but soon enough the lights went dark for the evening, and the Chancellor and his family had retired to their home in the Charlottenburg district of Stelburg.

The next morning brought the traditional Stelburg mist and spring showers, but all that really means for Stelburgers is to mind their step a little bit carefully on sidewalks. For Chancellor Meier, it meant nothing as he arrived again at the Sanssouci Palace, met by his Minister for Foreign Affairs, Vojislav Rutar, and other key officials. Admiral Konstantin Berg also took a minute to get a word in the ear of Meier before entering the conference room. Soon enough, however, the Banijan delegation had arrived, and the meeting was ready to begin. After some photo ops for the media, the assembled sat down, and Chancellor Meier kicked off the meeting.

“Gentlemen, good morning. I hope we’re all ready to begin here. Firstly, thank you again to the Waziri and all the Banijan officials present today, we are looking forward to these talks. Gentlemen, in these chairs, at this very table, over one hundred years ago, the Instruments of Unification that created the United Republics were signed. They changed the destiny of our nation forever. Now, today, we see a continued destiny forward for our nation - and we see that path naturally tied with that of our neighbours in Southwestern Atlantian Oceania, including the Kingdom of Banija. There is no question that the political, economic and military spheres contain many possible avenues for cooperation. Today, we shall work to build on the ties between our states.”

With that, Chancellor Meier sat down, and the meeting officially began.
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

New Lusitania and the Algarves
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Lusitania and the Algarves » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:00 pm

STL|Serviços de Transmissão Lusitana
Sport | Football|
World Cup 84

Double Bill

SOMETHING TO BUILD ON
A Retrospective of the Opening Rounds

The World Cup Finals. A dream that New Lusitania has had for a few years but has always fallen short. The heartbreak at Nova Anglicana that day where we said goodbye at the Equestar playoffs is something the Selecção would like to get past and finally make it to the big scene. Not that the Cup of Harmony isn't a decent tournament for the best of the rest. Regardless, a Equipa das Quinas has only ever made it to the quarters, once again in an Equestrian tournament, against Qusmo. The dream lives on at World Cup 84. Here, the team attempts to qualify in one of the most complicated and exciting qualifiers for quite some time. This is a review of the first ten rounds.

PART ONE: A SLOW START
When it all kicked off back in the Algarve, things looked promising. They started with a smaller team, and won the first match 2-0 against Aldaveria. At the time, New Lusitania went top on goals scored and after a good enough performance where they did their job well, hopes were high.
Matchday Two, cue the usual. The travel to Eshan has, to the current round, impacted Lusitania's chance decently. A fair defeat with a fair result if not bad for a team to lose in this way when they want to qualify. Eshan beat the Selecção 3-0 in a game where the Lusitanians didn't really show up, no real chances and the defending was sub-par. Merit to the home side who did everything well on the night. At the time the match was scrapped as a bad day and most believed it was simply that, as it's an occurrence as spirits continued on to the next game.
Back home, there was still support as usual for the national representatives. Up in Guimarães, it wasn't an inspiring performance, in fact it was far from it. New Lusitania pulled off the three points with a 2-1 win against the ZSeperatists to go up to fifth. There were still faults as the defence particularly continued to look wobbly.
New Lusitania would face Ko-oren next. Admittedly, not at the best point in form after very unconvincing games. Things would change for this one. For who tuned in - and many did - the team managed to play the Dragonfly Nation well in midfield and did enough to keep them out whilst trying one or two shots. Although a win would've been ideal as always, this point, albeit goalless, was extremely well earned against a hard adversary.
To Leiria now to face Tarchusland. A team which on paper was nothing to worry about. On paper many things look apparent, but as we know football isn't that linear. If it were there'd be no point even if there is the secret rule of there being ninety minutes to a game and a Germanic nation being crowned in the end. Back on topic though, Tarchusland brought a good fight to our own backyard and managed to get a point, which should be given much credit to. Half of this should be credit however to Victor Santa Cruz who played a semi-secondary team (at best) against them showing many problems lying beyond the starters such as the actual squad depth. At this point, the national coach would now be sweating due to some pressure made after an average 83 campaign and a less than ideal start in 84.
PART TWO - PICKING UP PACE
With the next match approaching, what was on everybody's minds was said by the coach himself. There were various problems in the previous match. Due to this, the Selecção had spent a good portion of their time trying to resolve said problems in time for the game against Grod Island. It's not completely perfect but it's a start. The triumphant victory over the island nation by 1-5 away would prove to be a major boost in morale. Many teams after all, need just that one win to then pick up a better pace - Happy players, good results.
At least this was what was commented after the game as many hoped to see a good performance at home for quite possibly the first time in the campaign. The fans actually got what they ordered here after another good win in a brilliant performance against an out of form Indusse by 6-1. Silveira, Veiga, Fernando were all finding their groove like in previous matches. It was all seemingly finally coming together. After this, a short trip to Eraman for a 0-1 win, which got the job done in a tough ground even if it wasn't another goalfest as in the previous games.
For the penultimate game of the first round it was the big one. Apox. Many would've taken a draw from this game which Santa Cruz dismissed as he would always go for it. The game at the Jamor was interestingly one where they did in fact bring their A-game as the national coach had said in an interview the game before. It would be arguable if New Lusitania didn't deserve that point after a showcase of top quality football from both sides. 3-4 was the final result after a frustrating final twenty minutes of the game despite starting so well. The final game saw the Selecção travel to Barfleur just before the big break. It was a good win, nothing particularly wrong about it on any accounts and it was a good way to end the first batch of matches.
After the final games, New Lusitania is just three points behind second in what is all but over. Everyone has another ten games to show what they're made of and there's still plenty to play.
PART THREE
Closing statements on the national team? It is clear that the first quarter of qualifying was not at all up to the usual standard and was still an emergence from 83 with the exception is the travel to Ko-oren where proceedings went fairly well. In the second quarter, things got extremely better and at the moment New Lusitania can actually believe in doing it this time around.
The team isn't without faults though. Defence seems to still be a bit of a problem and has only seen glimpses of their peak performance in a time where they are extremely needed. On the plus side, ball distribution and passing has been good. A good percentage of positions do have at least a decent enough backup, despite what the Tarchusland match shows. Attacking situations have been particularly abundant in the latter stages with good ball distribution between players, one or two good crosses and plenty of chances, even if sometimes finishing has been something to be desired previously. The coach has shown that this team has the potential to get there and as they start reaching the peak of their careers hopes are that they'll have what it takes. It's all there for the taking...

In the next days... Review of the matches against Apox (H), Barfleur (A) and Aldaveria (A) as well as continuing coverage of the qualifiers. PLUS an overall First Rounds Review of the groups and New Lusitania's opponents

LATEST STATS
World Cup 83 Quals
Top Goalscorers: Silveira (11)
Assists: Fernando (8)
-------------------------------------
Matchday: Internationals
coverage of the best
STL1 22:00 GMT
-----------------------------------
World Cup 84
The best of the action on STL, your National Broadcaster.
New Lusitania in exclusive.
-----------------------------------
STL in association with FLF
MMXIX
NEW LUSITANIA AND THE ALGARVES

PROUD MEMBER OF THE IDU \ Trigramme: NLA
Embassy Program - Closed
Champions of IAC9, 3rd IAC6
3G, 2S, 2B at the IDU Olympics'19
Semi-finalist of the WPIC 3 [Water Polo]
Almost made it to World Cup 80 (3rd in Group) as well as World Cup 81 (lost playoff)

Eura
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eura » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:33 pm

The first half of qualifying for the 84th World Cup was wrapping up on a cold night in Bastion, where Eura were playing Mkabia, the “Leopards”, in an abnormally long stretch of second half injury time. Every other tie had finished, but not this one. It had been extended for 15 minutes as medics treated Euran midfielder Freddie Wright, who had suffered a nasty looking injury to his ankle and took some time to be stretchered off. Prior to this the night had begun with sunlit optimism. Eura, who had been abysmal in the previous qualifying campaign before recovering their form, had been much more convincing so far and were top of Group 13 a wide margin. Eight victories and a draw had put Michael Brandon’s side in a commanding position. Then they lead 3-1 at home in this final game before the mid-qualifying break, a rotated team putting three past Mkabia without much stress. Wright, Bowman and Fox had been the lucky trio. Only a superb long range strike by Mamadouba Diawara had stemmed the tide.

Wright’s injury and the introduction of a less than fully fit Harry Gravesen to replace him shifted the balance of the game shortly after half time. Eura were now playing too narrow with the best midfielder on the pitch, Bevan, out of position on the right. The Leopards sensed an opportunity to upset the odds, especially after the Diawara goal, defying the write off predictions cast against this recently war torn nation. Continuously they grew in confidence and attacked with the verve of a more seasoned side rather than a patchwork of players divided by club, regional and factional baggage. A deserved goal came; Diawara turned provider, feeding the ball into a gap behind Jarrod Jenkins for Issa Aduama to chase, catch and sneak past a bewildered Ryan Bull. A draw was on the cards – now Eura appeared to be having a wobble.

On the bench Tommy Sutton looked on as he had all campaign. He’d not made a single appearance in nine games, appearing only on the bench a few times. Its never easy being a Euran backup striker, and like his predecessors Sutton found it was difficult to complain. Leading striker Brian Bond was among the best strikers (if not the best) in the world and until recently third choice Dion Underwood could have said the same. Second and fourth choices John Fletcher and Morgan Fox were top strikers. And who was Sutton? The upstart. He might have had a couple of impressive seasons in Gold League, but for Euran strikers there was one rule to life in international football: “You wait in line until you can steal a turn.” Lee Sharp himself had told Sutton that and it remained true as ever. If he wanted to be Eura’s answer to the youthful breakthrough of Kurtis Bastable in Nephara, it would take some time.

In the sixth minute of that unfathomably long period of stoppage time Sutton was getting that chance. It all happened in a flash. The board went up, Fox was off in a disgruntled fashion, and Falourr’s young prodigy was on in front of a hundred thousand nervous Eurans. He was pulled from the surreal dreamlike quality of making an international debut by Bevan grabbing him. “Tommy! Head in it yeah? I want you in the mixer, push for the back post if Hops distracts your man. Press every ball if we lose it. Go!” Sutton wandered into the Mkabia penalty area with a bit more purpose than his entrance to the pitch. Oscar Coltrane was another substitute and had been waiting over the free kick that prefaced Sutton coming on. The iconic Coltrane whipped in a trademark ball. Everyone missed it. The crowd set itself to howl in frustration. To their delight and that of Sutton, he stuck a leg out at the last moment to turn the ball in and make it 4-2. The away team got a late consolation, but what kind of striker cared? He was the first Euran international to score with their first touch in their first cap for a very long time.
Last edited by Eura on Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
United Federation of Eura - Sporting achievements
Champions: WC66, WC73, CR23, CR27, CR34, CoH 85, Market Cup I, Next Generation Trophy, Gold Medal (Mens Football) Olympics IX
Runner up: WC60, WC72, WC78, CR16, CR20, CR32, CR44, CoH51, COH79
Host: CR24, CR37, BoF60, CR Under 21's and Under 17's

Ziwana
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2019
Anarchy

Magazine Part 2

Postby Ziwana » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:02 pm

OCC: Right click the image, click on open image in another tab, zoom in and out at your pleasure.

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:25 pm

MD11: Chromatika 2-1 Zealandiana
Goals: Conrad '72, '90+2
Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Tioux; McBee - Rondeau - Baugh - Austic; Ingalls - Limones; Thorben (C) - Bird - Conrad; Sierra.
Substitutes: Nichols -> Tioux ('52), Will -> Baugh ('68), Gail -> Bird ('72)
Projected Starting XI vs. Main Nation Ministry: Ria; Ruth - de Aea - Will - Ilya; Montague - Armageddon; Victoriane - Mora - Dragana; Andisori (C).

Football Part 11: vs. Zealandiana

Jillian Nier, Football Correspondent

And just like that, ten games are in the books, and the Anomalies are doing rather well.

Sporting a record of eight wins, a draw, and one defeat? Having that one defeat be at the hands of the #1 team in the group that the team just struggles with stylistically? Besides the draw at home against the Busoga Islands - those are some crazy matches every time the two sides meet - the Anomalies are doing just fine.

Pundits would say that not having a game where the Chromatik side wins by more than two goals is worrisome, and maybe there is some truth to that; however, the record is just fine. Twenty-five goals scored is second in the group behind Mriin, and even the goals allowed - with Ria and Williams starting maybe five time put together - isn't half bad.

All the times that the team's had to deal with putting on comebacks? Not bad either.

The same could be said about the match against Zealandiana. Ferret Tioux twisted an ankle in the start of the second half and needed to come off - he is expected to make a full recovery by the time that the team might start him or Nichols again - and the goals came late, but Retta Conrad is rather flashy and quite good at carrying the team on her shoulders when she needs to, and the trend of gorgeous free kicks to bail two points out continued as the team continues to just win.

They'll need to do that. To be honest, I am glad that the team has the schedule it does, and will face the #2, #4, #1, and #5 teams in a row after the short break. This team needs to figure out what it's like without Yeri Ibex. The first twenty-three - or what will likely end up as the final twenty-three should the team qualify for either the Cup of Harmony or the World Cup - needs to know if they can put up. I mean, at least we don't have a mouthy team, so you can't say the stereotypical "put up or shut up", but it is crunch time.

I think if the squad can scrounge together twelve or more points in the next four matches, they'll be set, be able to rest some people, and prepare for the biggest stage.

The stage that they'd crashed and burned so liberally the last time.
Part 10: The Summit

Part 11: The Cleaner

In the depths of the dark web, there was an entity known simply as The Cleaner. Though he had been sought relentlessly by Chromatika's best - Keira Andisori spent a week herself on the endeavor - his identity had never been revealed; all that was known about him was that he was secretive, he was polite, he was professional, and he was not cheap.

The Cleaner did not have a side in the conflict between the Rainbow Party and the Checkers Party; he considered himself to be above such squabbles. No, if you could pay him, you could have him. He charged the same for everyone too - about seventy-five thousand NMS per hour - and did not lie. No, he simply didn't need to.

Some said he was a myth. Others said he was a conglomerate of partners claiming to be one being. A few dared to think he was someone in Krasnikova's cabinet.

The Cleaner had been watching the recent developments in fascination. Krasnikova's response to the happenings at the parade had been abrupt, fast, and decisive, as if she had been expecting such a ploy. Which she should've, of course. The Checkers Party wasn't keen on subtlety, and though they could see the writing on the wall, they wouldn't go down without a fight, especially when the grand motive behind their actions were all being orchestrated by Venom.

What nobody understood is that The Cleaner understood everything that was going on. He could see all.

Then, one hundred fifty thousand NMS deposited into one of his bank accounts with a note.

"M. D'Z has been compromised to me. JM will be meeting him soon, and she being who she is will be able to tie everything together. Also, I suspect members of K's inner cabinet is beginning to see what is really going on.

Let Theta know. M. D'Z cannot meet JM.

-V-"

Venom himself to contact The Cleaner was new. The endgame must be really coming up soon.

As per usual, The Cleaner applied with an affirmative, spent five minutes earning two hours' pay, and sent the message along.

However, then, The Cleaner did something that wasn't expected.

He checked another account and noticed that, as predetermined, there was not about a million NMS on the account - or fifteen hours' worth.

He was a businessman. He had been paid to do something, and he had conveyed that. If another party had paid him to let them know when he was going to send such a message, well then it was right for him to follow that, too.

So, he sent a simple message to Keira Andisori and Alina Krasnikova:

"The Light is On."

Whether or not they could stop the attempt at D'Zarconie's life by one of the best contract killers in Chromatika wasn't his business. That was theirs.

So, pleased that he had stayed true to his work, The Cleaner leaned back, lit a cigar, and slipped back into his backlog of classic operas.
Rainbow League System Preview

11. Myana
Nickname: Islanders
Fans: Islanders, Myaners
Stadium: Island Dome (133,000; 35,000 Seats)
History:
League Chromatiks Season 1: 1st Premier Division
League Chromatiks Season 2: 1st Premier Division
League Chromatiks Season 3: 1st Premier Division
League Chromatiks Season 4: 3rd Premier Division
League Chromatiks Season 5: 3rd Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 1: 9th Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 2: 8th Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 3: 9th Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 4: 2nd Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 5: 2nd Premier Division
Manager: Madelene Bilboa, 57
Formation: (4-2-3-1)

Background: Biggest port city in Chromatika. Second biggest city in Chromatika. Naval headquarters of Chromatika. Second biggest fishing town of Chromatika. Tourist attraction. What isn't Myana? Winners of the first three titles of the now-defunct League Chromatiks, mired in purgatory until Corey Simmons Jr. came around to rescue them. Islanders have one of the biggest fan bases as well, and their tradition of firing a cannon every time a goal is scored by the home team is one of the most unique in the league. Corey Simmons Jr. of Cosumar was instrumental in putting this team back onto the list to watch, but he isn't here anymore. The Myana faithful will expect the same quality.

Preseason Grading: brought to you by ChromatikBet.com

Fanbase: 9/10: Myana fans are loud, boisterous, passionate, and just plain crazy.
Manager: 6/10: Madelene Bilboa was the physio on Simmons Jr.'s staff, but someone well liked by her players.
Keepers: N/A: Myana is in need of a keeper.
Defenders: N/A: Myana is in need of defenders.
Midfielders: N/A: Myana is in need of midfielders.
Strikers: N/A: Myana is in need of strikers.
Greatest Need: When the Chromatik League disbanded, all foreign players were let go. Myana lost all of its starting XI. With the money and the prestige of the brand, though, they'll be in the running, no doubt there.

Next: Tihon
Last edited by Chromatika on Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Welcome back, and hope you a Merry Christmas, and a satisfactory Boxing Day/St Stephen's Day

https://youtu.be/zGpQedxPJoI

Let's get this going!

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36566754#p36566754
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:33 pm

NT set to play matches
Frank Armitage
The Daily Mail Chief Soccer Writer

At the half-way point of the World Cup 84 Qualifying, the Commonwealth of Baker Park National Team has worked up a brief schedule of matches in order to gauge where its preparations stand ahead of the Finals which they will co-host with Cassidaigua.

Baker Park will travel to face Banija at the Hangaza Unified Stadium in Aissa; while the city was the squad's home base during World Cup 83, they didn't actually play in the local stadium.

Following on from that, they return home to face Filindostan at the recently expanded Newport City Stadium and then will unveil the BBP National Stadium in a friendly against Cassidaigua.

The 74,000 seat venue has been sold out for months, although the match will not technically be the first event held there; an exhibition between an All-Star squad from the National League and a similar team comprising the best of the NWSL, attended by a crowd just short of 45,000, was used as a test run for safety & crowd control procedures a few weeks ago.
Metro PD Chief Bill Lickert, and other top officials came away pleased with the outcome.
"I think we saw an excellent display of the various scenarios we could encounter during events here. The stewarding was top notch, the communication between the stadium officials and Metro PD & Metro Fire went off smoothly."
Spectators in different sections of the stadium were asked to participate in short drills, including emergency evacuation, visiting crowd segregation and spectator standing areas.

The final match of this round of friendlies will see the Commonwealth travel to Yttribia, a nation in the process of rebuilding and re-establishing itself in the multiverse. There is also expected to be political element to this trip, as the Government has announced a delegation will travel along, and a press conference of the morning ahead of the match will be held regarding economic development assistance to the nation.

Manager Pamela Scott has said she will field a full strength squad for this group of matches, as opposed to the makeshift teams that have had mixed success in earlier prep tests.
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Chapter 4.1: Matchday 12

Postby PotatoFarmers » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:44 am

Poafmersia 2
Haodao 16'
Carisa 77'
Squornshelous 1
Vang 81'

Starting 11 against Squornshelous at home:
Dikash Johikas;
Mancest Nilson, Alex Hoboson, Ftiks Wariq, Bolsto Nelison
Dargis Walshor, Gisiik Moonar, Jessie Mchargarita;
Joel Haodao, Shakira Handaris (captain), Pete Carisa

Substitutions:
Danzik Hoboson 59' (for Ftiks Wariq)
Likarish Gyits 68' (for Shakira Handaris, captaincy given back to Danzik)
Hansel Tang 84' (for Joel Haodao)

A huge rotation effort at home saw 3 players being handed their first start in the Qualifiers, with Dikash in goal and the Pickford twins being replaced by Mancest Nilson and Bolsto Nelison, and Alex Hoboson starting together with Ftiks Wariq for the first time. This turned out to be a nice match where Poafmersia found their feet and finally got hold of another 3 points after that terrible loss here to Nephara the last time out.
Joel Haodao was the most valuable player on a day where Poafmersia showcased the flow necessary to survive in the international football scene, with the midfielders being able to control the middle of the park nicely. Although the opposition came here much stronger, they were unable to defend themselves against the slick passing that the Poafmersian players showcased, safe for a late rally towards the end which almost got Adnan scared.
According to head coach Adnan Suliaha, the players were expecting huge changes in the starting 11 as they have been briefed by the coaching team. "The players know who is probably not starting and who is. They know it for a fact that they do not have the strength to keep our fast paced football playing twice a week for 3 whole months, so they agreed to rotate around and let everyone play. Some have not featured in a single match, so we are taking this time to feature them all."
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:06 am

Bolgano 1 - 0 Nephara
(4-4-2) 12 - Matheny; 2 - Stride, 6 - Brosch, 22 - Lockheed, 19 - Katarec; 7 - Kuepper (13 - Saroszi 49'), 15 - Rauch, 21 - Reach (8 - Chalk 76'), 16 - Deventer; 14 - Laiota (10 - Metzger 57'), 22 - Lovelace

THE HERALD
BATTLE-LINES DRAWN AS ELECTION SEASON LOOMS
Luna Giesler

And so, the axe falls. Not on the government, nor any figure within it, but on the former leader of the opposition, Jan Moritz. By all respects, the former Treasurer was a capable figure, an excellent administrator, well-respected within Corvistone. But only, it turned out, within Corvistone. Floundering in the polls since the election wipeout, enough was enough - the Nationals know well the damage of an unpopular candidate.

Forward steps Natalia Rooker. Member for Teller in affluent Coret, Rooker could not be argued to be an attempt to fight fire with fire. Rather, as the Nationals cannot possibly outflank the Pro Dems from a populist angle, they have gone for the steady-hand approach, and the negative press on Margravine Carrick has been relentless.

This is set to be a brutally aggressive campaign on both sides. The Progressive Democrats, having cudgelled their way to a true majority, have been uncompromising in forcing through reform. On the economic front, this has included a protectionist re-pivoting, rolling back some of the loosening of the strings under the previous coalition government. This has been pitched as giving the CRC a more exclusive relationship with the Nepharim economy; the Nationals and Alliance both call it a regressive measure.

The larger divide may come from within, however. The Pro Dems call it 'gentrification', the Nationals call it 'regeneration', but either way the country is getting more affluent and both sides have a different view of how a wealthier Nephara looks. An angle of attack that the Pro Dems supposedly want to keep Nephara a poor backwater has been gaining traction, particularly in Stahlburg, a traditional Pro Dem mainstay which they took a pivotal role in stimulating.

This may also go down as an election fought on cultural grounds, breaking the broad consensus of the past few decades; specifically, Corvistone and its makeup is becoming an issue. Nephara has never had to deal with mass immigration before, never having been seen as a particularly desirable place to live, but cities are starting to take on a different look and feel - none moreso than Corvistone, at this stage seeming a north Euran city due to the influx of refugees from the war, very much intentional. Here the battle-lines shift; the Alliance relaxed, the Nationals opposed, the Pro Dems divided.

None of the Nationals' positions seemed palatable under Moritz, a dry and weary figure. Rooker is different, driven, a compelling orator and still, at 46, relatively young. Nephara remains a country unified in the iron grip of a warlord, and its constitution reflects that with the power invested in the Margrave. Its people have shown, time and again, that they look first and foremost for someone worthy of the title. Only with two worthy rivals can this become the policy election that both major parties claim to want.

NEPHARIM NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 7
Goalkeepers:
1 - Sigurd Rustwyth (AFC Hosingr, MRN), 12 - Konrad Matheny (Cranequin Wanderers), 20 - Fasolt Senninger (Creed United)
Defenders: 2 - Rovena Stride (AFC Treason), 3 - Marcin Close (Brinemouth, c), 5 - Cedella Verlander (Crisisbless United), 6 - Ilyana Brosch (AFC Corvistone), 18 - Anita Sanger (Rammsissil, VIL), 19 - Sander Katarec (Vermillion Rage), 22 - Gabriel Lockheed (AFC Treason)
Midfielders: 4 - Tawny Shone (Sabrefell Moths), 7 - Marica Kuepper (Jungle Strike, VIL), 8 - Swansea Reach (Sabrefell Moths, COS), 11 - Marisha Staunton (Crisisbless), 13 - Monako Saroszi (Ulsa, EUR), 15 - Ferena Rauch (AFC Treason), 16 - Morena Deventer (Brinemouth), 21 - Chimera Moxham (Crawford City FC, COS)
Forwards: 9 - Estrella Hawke (Directus, EUR), 10 - Cheney Breremond (Hornchurch, EUR), 14 - Kurtis Laiota (Crisisbless), 17 - Lilith Thornwood (North Laithland), 23 - Konrad Lovelace (Revolutionaries, EUR)

SCHEDULE
Nephara 1 - 1 Bolgano @ Phoenix Rise (Corvistone)
Monso 0 - 3 Nephara
[Bye]
Nephara 2
- 0 Squornshelous @ Ludd's Hammer (Stahlburg)
Aquitlita 0 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 5
- 4 The Macabees @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Siovanija & Teusland 1 - 4 Nephara
Nephara 5
- 3 EOT @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Anthor 2 - 3 Nephara
Nephara 0 - 0 Lochario @ Godswatch (Crisisbless)
Poafmersia 0 - 3 Nephara
Bolgano 1
- 0 Nephara
Nephara vs. Monso @ Ebony Lane (Cranequin)
[Bye]
Squornshelous vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Aquitlita @ The Iron Hill (Vermillion)
The Macabees vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Siovanija & Teusland @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
EOT vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Anthor @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Lochario vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Poafmersia @ Eagle's Club (Brinemouth)
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:25 am

Brenecia 6 - 2 Atlantic Republic
(4-3-3) 20 - Pritchard; 2 - Broxham (c), 22 - Ramsay, 6 - Mathers, 19 - Tambor; 8 - Matheson (14 - Ridenton 70'), 23 - Fallon (4 - Locke 62'), 21 - Parker; 7 - Cheney (15 - Coghlan 53'), 9 - Bremner, 11 - Ashvane
Goals: Bremner 23' 78', Ashvane 34', Matheson 66', Ridenton 85'

Prime Minister Clarisse Ward mopped her brow. She missed the freedom of going out for runs. In all likelihood, she'd never have that back. There had been a target on her back ever since she first entered politics, and it wouldn't go away through something as insignificant as retirement.
Maybe she could go out on the streets, with a train of security chasing her. She'd done it before, it had been good press. It hadn't been what she missed, what she craved.
So here she was, on a treadmill, facing a broad plasma screen. Ward was no fool, she didn't watch her own nation's news - not exclusively. Here, for some Rushmori perspective, was a Euran broadcast. And that broadcast was telling her what her network, represented by Kerr in the chair behind her, had been hinting at for a while - the Nationals, the party which had in a time long past produced Brenecia's Conservatives which were now the Conservative People's Party, the CPP, had just axed their leader.
"Good news?" She glanced back to Kerr, still keeping up a trot. Barrett Kerr looked blocky, plain, but behind those unassuming features lay the keenest mind in Ward's possession.
"Yes. Moritz polled poorly, the forecast was disaster."
"What about the new girl? This... Natalia Rooker." Ward jerked her head at the aquiline woman on the screen, holding court on her own doorstep in a fleecy coat to hold the treacherous Nepharim winds at bay. "More electable, I take it."
"There are pigeons more electable than Moritz was, I'm afraid. Yes, Rooker is far more palatable to the average shag. She's... strong. Stable. Secure."
So, like Ward herself, she figured. "I could grow to like her. Work with her, even."
Kerr snorted. "Don't get carried away. The 'decoupling' has bipartisan support, so if you're--"
"Decoupling! You unearth proof of Nepharim agents in our tent and you claim they're interested in decoupling!"
Kerr just shrugged.
Ward listened to Rooker, instead. It was striking how many of her words could have come from Ward's mouth... ah, but there they would have been the deranged ravings of a tinpot dictator, clearly. While this? This was just good, honest straight-talk from someone unafraid to call a spade a spade. Those shags could be so hypocritical...
Kerr cleared his throat. "On that note, ma'am... we are fairly certain that there is no Nepharim involvement with the League."
"Has there ever been?"
"We have our suspicions. That Nepharim bodyguard found at the scene of the incident... but a Nepharim mercenary is nothing new, or damning. It did inspire us to redouble our scrutiny. My agents have found nothing. I am confident there is nothing to be found."
"Good." Ward's pace slowed, then stopped. She took deep, long breaths, knowing that before all this she could have kept going far, far longer. She was getting old, though not nearly so old as her political rival, Catherine Bardsley. Though that had grown lukewarm, of late. Nobody had wanted to see a threat on her life, and Ward had been quick to offer her support. Sincere, as well, despite what some might think. What genuine patriot wanted to see the electoral process threatened?
Thinking on it, Kerr smiled. It did not reach his eyes. The crisis had knocked the complacency out of the people, put security first and foremost in their minds again, prepared them for three more years of bitter medicine. And God, the photo ops! It had been a PR masterclass all around, he felt, and all without its main benefactor suspecting a thing. Oh, Clarisse... if only you knew the things I do for you.

BRENECIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 7
Goalkeepers:
1 - Cass Farrell (Northern Union), 12 - Opal Cairncross (Marketville, EUR), 20 - Scanlan Pritchard (Marque)
Defenders: 2 - Erica Weaver (North Hall), 3 - Gethin Quill (Revolutionaries, EUR, c), 5 - Garrett Horgan (Northern Union), 6 - Rosena Grayndler (North Hall), 18 - Sorcha Lonergan (Northern Union), 19 - Morwen Prentice (Crystal Fair HC, CRY), 22 - Chadwick Beath (CA Paulinthal, PAS)
Midfielders: 4 - Finn Townsend (Francisca Orient), 8 - Elysse Matheson (Hornchurch, EUR), 13 - Corby Wheeler (Ramusok United, COS), 14 - Claire Ruskin (Kingsgrove), 21 - Riona Parker (Galatica, PAS), 23 - Ronan Fallon (Newrook City, NPH)
Forwards: 7 - Lauren Cheney (Kingsgrove), 9 - Niall Bremner (Unioneers, EUR), 10 - Kara Ciogach (Lajuno, EUR), 11 - Cathal Keynes (Lajuno, EUR), 15 - Cail Coghlan (Pikemouth), 16 - Ceridwen Fletcher (North Hall), 17 - Creidne Lindauer (Kingsgrove)

SCHEDULE
Atlantic Republic 1 - 3 Brenecia
Brenecia 1 - 1 Terre Septentrionale
Casta Marina 0 - 5 Brenecia
Brenecia 2 - 2 Banija
Abanhfleft 2 - 2 Brenecia
Brenecia 2 - 0 Trolleborg
Crystalline Caverns 0 - 2 Brenecia
Brenecia 3
- 1 Brigantii
Sarzonia 1 - 3 Brenecia
[Bye]
Brenecia 3
- 2 Sherpa Empire
Brenecia 6 - 2 Atlantic Republic
Terre Septentrionale vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Casta Marina
Banija vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Abanhfleft
Trolleborg vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Crystalline Caverns
Brigantii vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Sarzonia
[Bye]
Sherpa Empire vs. Brenecia
Puppet of Nephara.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:44 am

Bolgano defeats Nephara in a tight duel
Bolgano 1-0 Nephara

@Bolgano Stadium, Bolgano

Frederik: Good night dear people of Bolgano, today in Bolgano Sports we will tell you about our 1-0 victory against one of the multiverse Tops teams, Nephara, ahead Kevin.

Kevin: In a very close match for the defense of Bolgano, Nephara did not have much to do, in a quick counterattack of the blues and whites we managed to observe Tom Evans scoring again after his injury.

Frederik: Nines helped as well as the defense to support a second half with Nephara attacks, at the end of the game the Bolgano players celebrated the importance of that result that was for them.

Kevin: Although we have no chance of qualifying, we feel satisfied, what if we see how the positions are going?

Frederik: Of course, in the first place is Sliovanija & Teusland with a record of 9-0-2 the team has harvested only 2 losses that leave it to a point of Nephara, on the other hand, Nephara, with this defeat is placed In the second place of the group, very rare but that if 5 points from The Macabees that is not fighting for the classification, it seems that there is a clear ending, The Macabees and Euran Oceania Territories are in positions above, to be honest The Macabees with 21 points it only takes 6 difference to the oceanics.

Kevin: In the classification they are followed by Lochario with 14, Squornshelus with a total of 13 points, then we appear with 12 points, below is Aquitlia with 9, Anthor with 8 and Monso with 7 points.

Frederik: Goodbye Bolgano.
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

Timuria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:22 am

Historic Win For Red Wolves

Timuria 3–2 Pasarga
Tekin Yavuz (54), Vatan Ercetin (71, 80);Alexander Jager (24, 32)

by Tufan Nursultan

The Red Wolves dealt a shocking blow to former group leaders Pasarga as they overcame a 2-0 halftime deficit to emerge 3-2 victors after a vintage second half performance that has gone some way to both restoring faith in Bekir Altingunes and bringing optimism to the country as the Red Wolves begin the second half of the qualification campaign.

The early stages of the match indicated that the Red Wolves would have an almighty struggle to overcome their more established opponents. An early chance fell to Hellenic Rouge striker Petar Galić who forced Murat Yigithan into a smart save, parrying the fierce shot away to Ozbek Sarikaya who cleared the ball safely away. Alexander Jager would find himself unable to believe his luck as a howler from Metin Boz led to the ball practically being passed to him by the central defender leaving him clear on goal, easily lifting the ball over Murat and into the goal.

Things would go from bad to worse for Metin Boz as he was caught holding onto the ball too long and would have it poached by Jager who would again find himself one on one with Murat who was unable to get a strong enough hand on his effort to prevent a goal. Metin Boz would find himself taken off at half time in favour of Berker Balkan. The Red Wolves would muster one meaningful chance in the first half, with Caner Turan's low driven shot forcing Thorsten Gerber into an excellent save in the 39th minute.

The Red Wolves would emerge for the second half with renewed vigour as they went to a high speed, energetic style of play running a lot of their action through Atilla Acar, who would thread a brilliant pass to Tekin Yavuz who would send his shot into the top corner giving Gerber no chance of saving it, bringing the Red Wolves close. The equaliser would come from the prolific Vatan Ercetin, who has been inconsistent this qualification period, but would not be denied as he was put through on goal by Ertan Renda, and would place his shot with brilliant precision into the bottom corner.

With the match level and entering its final stage, the visitors began to play with rigidity, which led to them being unable to bend under pressure, the break came with Vatan Ercetin again who found a gap between the central defenders and lifted the ball effortlessly over Gerber, rolling into the back of the net almost taunting the defenders desperately trying to claw it out. The visitors would muster one final chance with Berecz forcing a great save from Murat in the 88th minute.

The result leaves the Red Wolves, still in fifth place, but feeling optimistic as they begin the second half of this qualification period, a significant 7 point gap stands between them and the visitors who now occupy second place behind Farfadillis who overtook them. The Red Wolves will need to be practically perfect from now if they are to stand a chance of qualifying. The Red Wolves will now travel to Yttribia who beat the Red Wolves in their last encounter, but are coming off a 1-0 defeat to Farfadillis which has left them in 8th place in the group.

What They Said After the Match:

Bekir Altingunes: "We're obviously delighted, this is beyond what we'd hoped for in this match, we felt as if we'd got lucky in our first encounter and that we wouldn't be able to replicate, but we got an important and brilliant win and the players should be proud. I am keen however, to make sure this isn't a false dawn like our first match against Pasarga, we all have to work very very hard to ensure this is built upon and we put in a second half of the qualification where we give it everything."

Player Ratings:

Murat Yigithan 6/10

Ozbek Sarikaya 6/10

Eyup Mustafa 6/10

Metin Boz 4/10

Gokdeniz Dag 6/10

Atilla Acar 7/10

Yusuf Ihsanoglu 6/10

Tekin Yavuz 7/10

Caner Turan 6/10

Ertan Renda 7/10

Vatan Ercetin 8/10

Substitutes:

Berker Balkan 6/10

Oztekin Timur 6/10

Man of the Match: Vatan Ercetin - Seems to have rediscovered his international form at the perfect time, his brace was well taken and the Red Wolves will need him to keep playing at this level if they're to stand any chance at all of a decent finish in this qualification group.

Schedule and Results:
MD1: @ Pasarga W 2-0
MD2: vs Yttribia D 1-1, Halkın Güneş Çiftliği Stadium
MD3: @ Polkopia L 1-0
MD4 vs Drawkland L 3-0, Genel Sendika Stadium
MD5: @ Farfallidis L 7-0
MD6: Bye
MD7: vs Fujai, Madenci Stadium D 2-2
MD8: @ Gyatso-Kai D 1-1
MD9: vs Libonesia, Dev Halk Stadium W 5-3
MD 10: @ North East Asia W 3-1
MD11: vs Melbergia, Halkın Güneş Çiftliği W 4-3
MD12: vs Pasarga, Dev Halk Stadium W 3-2
MD13: @ Yttribia
MD14: vs Polkopia, Genel Sendika Stadium
MD15: @Drawkland
MD16: vs Farfaillidis, Dev Halk Stadium
MD17: Bye
MD18: @ Fujai
MD19: vs Gyatso-Kai, Madenci Stadium
MD20: @ Libonesia
MD21: vs North East Asia, Madenci Stadium
MD22: @ Melbergia
The Artist Formerly Known as Kose

If you remember me from ages ago, send me a TG to say hi.

Baptism of Fire 71 Co-host

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:32 am

Princess Kate at the Naked News Studio, with a background of a stadium

This is Princess Katherine Annabelle Dallas for Naked News Jeruselem!
We're not playing today, we had a bye. The background is just well, there.
Yes, my hair is still blue from the Cosplay Convention. Not that it's bad, because people love it.
Group 11 results were BORING.
Schottia visited Savojarna and beat them 2-1. I'd rather Savojarna won that one.
Geektopia visited Nahkistan and won 1-0. Predictable
Free Republics had visitors Galar and beat the living daylights of them 5-1
Taeshan fought off visitors TJUN-ia 1-0
Balqia visited Welzat and won 2-1

The table on match day 12, with one team expending their two byes ... us.
Free Republics on 30 leading Taeshan 28. Schottia are 3rd with 20 points
Balqia displace Jeruselem on 4th with 15 points, but Geektopia are 5th on the same points.
Jeruselem are 6th.
TJUN-ia are in 7th on 14 points like Jeruselem.
Savojarna and Welzat are on 10 points in 8th and 9th
Nahkistan are 10 in 8 points and Galar are last in 5 points

So we're in striking distance of 4th spot and if we actually win some games, we might get to 3rd.
I don't we'll be in the top 2 anytime soon.

Now thanks to everyone who attend Cosplay Convention!
Despite the bad economic times, people are still having fun.
You have to, being depressed isn't good for you.

We're back in action, hopefully get a few wins.
3 wins in 10 games isn't good enough, well 2 losses but God 5 draws.
We can't repeat the 1st half, not an option.

We cop the losses agains the big teams but we must beat likes of Schottia, Geektopia, Balqia and TJUN-ia.
Of course we have to beat the bottom teams.
No we're not expecting like 8 wins, but hey we can try!

Realisticly if you look at the situatio, it's hard to say we can be top 2.
But we should aim to be 3rd because I'm not expecting the current top 2 to be dropping points.
We'll see you all later.
And I'll have another hair colour ... err, you'll find out later.

Group 11
Savojarna 1–2 Schottia
Nahkistan 0–1 Geektopia
Free Republics 5–1 Galar
Taeshan 1–0 TJUN-ia
Welzat 1–2 Balqia
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

The Andromeda Island Group
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Island Group » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:11 am

Tornado Queendom v Andromeda Eagles
Joe Napoli Memorial Stadium
Joppa, Allied States
Saturday Afternoon

The Eagles are down 0-2 with just over two minutes in the half. Only three days ago, Kerri Zimmerman had been promoted to Head Coach of the Eagles. Zimmerman replaced Meena Jones, has accepted a position at a college in Cassadaigua.

Zimmerman and Hawkins both watch as Phil McMaster sets up for one last play. McMaster looks to Hawkins.

“You know what to do,” Hawkins yells.

McMaster smiles and bops his head, as if he hears music that nobody else hears. Meanwhile, both Coaches’ iPhones go off with news from the Sports desk at the Andromeda News Network.

Stacy Fleming, head soccer coach at Mike Knox High School in Todd’s Cove, has just been hired to be the new Head Soccer Coach at the University of Joppa, replacing Meena Jones. In 14 years as a High School Head Coach, Fleming has amassed a state title every year since she first started at Todd’s Cove East High School.

“Did you know about this?”

“No.”

When asked for comment, Fleming acknowledged that 2020 would be a rebuilding season. Many of the experienced players would graduate in a few months, and many of her best players would be freshmen.

“Kerri, look.”

“Look at…”

The stadium erupts as Dolfo Martinez cuts the Eagles deficit to 2-1, less than 30 seconds into injury time.

----------

It’s late in the second half. Coach Hawkins’ call to replace Rachel Medrano with Chris Stonebreaker has paid off. The Eagles are still down 2-1, but Erin Height and Hattie Lowenthal are apparently plotting something in the midfield, passing the ball between themselves. Coach Hawkins notices that Height isn’t wearing her trademark striped-colored socks.

Lowenthal and Height pass the ball between each other, outmaneuvering the Queendom’s midfielders. Lowenthal traps the ball under her shoe

“Erin, you may fire when ready.”

Hattie Lowenthal tees up the ball. Height rifles the ball from midfield past a number of unsuspecting defenders and an inattentive goalkeeper.

“GOOOOOAL.”

The Eagles have tied the game with a nearly 40-yard shot from Erin Height. The crowd erupts. Hattie Lowenthal jumps into Height’s arms. Both fall to the ground, yet they’re jubilant. Height looks up at the clock.

“Seven minutes at most.”

“And we snatch a stalemate from the slime of certain defeat.”

----------

As the game concludes, Coach Zimmerman asks Height about her socks.

“They get in the way of the feel of the field, Coach.”

Coach Zimmerman now knows that Erin Height, like many of the best players, is a devotee of Stacy Fleming. As a player, Fleming would often play without socks. Fleming occasionally played without shoes, claiming that the feel of the ground could determine the pace of game.

“So, what do you know about Coach Fleming?”

“As much as Hattie and D.L. tell me, Coach.”

Almost every soccer coach in the Allied States looks to Stacy Fleming as a mentor. Apparently, some of the players do too.

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:01 am

HUElavia get 3 points in a slim victory!

HUElavia once again starts off another half of qualifiers on the right foot, getting a favorable result in their match. Los Amarillos hosted The Sarian in Estadio International, in San Rafael. Due to the differences in standings, HUElavia fielded their B-Team in order to give rest to the main starters.

The first half was total dominance from HUElavia, not allowing The Sarian to have a single shot, with Los Amarillos having a very solid defensive display, keeping their opponents only going as far as the center of the pitch. HUElavia had many shots, with some including various shots by Navarro that only just went wide or narrowly missed the net, Ramirez getting a free-kick that just went a little over the bar, and Hamada getting a one-on-one chance against Duoztiun, only for it to slide just barely past the net. The match's only goal came in the 36th minute, when a pass by Ramirez slid past Koemanz and Ziebruux for Almeida to get the ball and slide it past Duoztiun to make it 1-0. While the referee had blown it down for offside, VAR showed that Almeida was onside when the pass was made, and the referee blew the whistle to confirm the goal. The stadium roared and rumbled as the crowd celebrated another lead in the Qualifiers. The first half ended with the scoreline at 1-0.

HUElavia would try to get more in the second half, but there was nothing favorable, as a foul by Amaru over Beniut in the box during the 52nd minute gave The Sarian a chance to equalize the match. Pauwelz took the shot, only for Lobato to catch the shot safely in his hands to keep the game at 1-0, while the squad hugged him and the crowd celebrated his save. Suzuki was fouled in the 65th minute by Koemanz in the box, giving Navarro a chance to add more goals to his name, only for his shot to be put over the bar, which temporarily silenced the crowd. At the end, HUElavia held out with the win by the bare minimum and got an important 3 points to keep pace in the Qualifiers.

With the victory, HUElavia now have a record of 8-0-3 and 24 points to their name, but still lie in 3rd place behind Mercedini, who also has 24 points after their 4-2 away win at The Ross Isles and lead with a superior goal difference. Starblaydia still leads the group after a close 3-2 home victory against Tara & Cambray and currently has 26 points. With the results, the Top 3 put distance over 4th place and below, with Mercedini and HUElavia being 8 points clear of Eastfield Lodge's 16 points. HUElavia's next match will be on the road against Competitive Solitaire, where Los Amarillos are looking to return the favor of their home loss in Matchday 2, as well as keeping their road record still undefeated. HUElavia will field their best eleven players for the match in hopes of getting another 3 points and keeping pace with Starblaydia and Mercedini. As the way things look, HUElavia is on pace for their best qualifiers ever, as well as the game in Matchday 14 at Mercedini may be the match that could decide who would be advancing to World Cup 84.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:30 am

Most unranked teams would be all smiles following a 2-2 home draw to the world's 77th ranked team. They would be ecstatic to earn two draws against a 77th ranked team, even if the away leg ended in a goalless draw.

Most unranked teams aren't the Sarzonian national football team. And most of the time, they wouldn't see a goalkeeper controversy that was fueled by another subpar performance from starting goalkeeper Mateo Sandoval, who allowed two weak goals to cause the Stars to blow a 2-0 lead they'd taken into the dressing room at halftime.

Sandoval was fuming in the dressing room in the 84th minute after earning a red card following a cynical challenge against Terre Septentrionale striker Jean-François Kleineheismann. That forced Stars manager Kevin Connelly to sub out striker Jake Campos for goalkeeper Paolo Gomes, eschewing his efforts to bring numbers forward in an effort to regain the three points that were slipping from his team's grasp.

Following the match, reports out of the Stars dressing room indicated that there was a screaming match between Sandoval and Connelly with unconfirmed rumours that stadium security got involved. Neither Connelly nor Sandoval were available for comment afterward, but assistant manager Kevin Wilson told media that Gomes would start against Casta Marina in the away leg of that series. The Stars played to a 1-1 draw at Dave Wilson Stadium in Woodstock on the second matchday.

"We fucking had them," midfielder Ernie Mabree seethed, even though he was responsible for both Stars goals, a 34th minute penalty after Zdzislaw Brzezanczyk was called for a handball in the box and a beautiful strike of a direct free kick in the second minute of first half stoppage time that gave Sarzonia (2-5-4, 11 points, eighth place in Group 2) its ever-dangerous two-goal margin. "We need to do a better job of closing out matches."

"I'm very disappointed," Campos said. He had a 77th minute shot that Zofia Kwietniewska was fortunate to parry away at the last possible second that could have given Sarzonia an incredible 3-2 lead late. "We were so close to getting the full three points against a team we felt we should have beaten."

But they'll have to settle for one agonisingly frustrating point. Even though other teams in their position would gladly take the point en route to another match against a low-ranked side before their return to Dave Wilson Stadium against world No. 5 Banija.

The Stars realise their chances of qualifying were slim to none going into this World Cup qualifying effort, and now realise that even their pipe dreams were crashing down after a disheartening result, but Kevin Wilson insisted the team would continue fighting.

"We've got something to show the world," he said. "We don't give up. We never give up. We'll keep at it even if the results don't bear that out."
Last edited by Sarzonia on Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Timuria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:49 am

HRT.tmr/ElectionDay

HRT Live Election Day Blog

7:00 AM: Cem Karaman signing on for the morning shift here! The polls are open after a long and fraught campaign, most expect TIOC to remain the largest party, but their ability to retain a majority is in doubt, with a sudden and decisive turn in almost every two party poll against them, meaning that if preferences need to be allocated (which they will be in almost every seat), TIOC could well come first on first preferences but lose to their main challenger in each seat. Polls will close at 8PM with the ban on reporting results lifted at 9:30 when around 15% of the votes will be counted and we will make our early projections based on the data we've obtained.

8:30 AM: A reminder that while we're all excited by the match against Pasarga today, only citizens who have voted will be allowed to attend the match today in Demir. Let's hope for both a clean election and a Red Wolves victory. *Attached picture of Bekir Altingunes voting*

9:00AM: Media outlets across the political spectrum have been making endorsements for this election. The left-leaning İşçi Gazetesi has unsurprisingly endorsed TIOC and the TKP, with recommendations against voting for BAHP. Right-leaning Özgürluk has endorsed OK to be the party forming the government, stating that TIOC can't be trusted on the grounds of security concerns. Multi-Language daily paper Kurtuluş has endorsed BAHP across the country, but recommends TIOC and the TKP as preferential votes. İşçinin Sesi has endorsed the TKP and SC depending on the region. While the reader owned Popüler Ses has, after balloting its readers endorsed TIOC for government, but as the largest party in a coalition.

10:30AM: There are already large queues at most polling stations in cities, with Election Day a national holiday to ensure turnout as high as possible.

11:30AM: It's almost time for me to sign off, but we will have expected timings for the evening in the afternoon once the People's Electoral Council completes its estimates for preference allocations. The first seat to be projected will likely be Fakulti in Demir, currently a TIOC held seat while the first confirmed result will likely be Gorevlik in rural Demir. Demir, Goynuk and Arhavi are usually the fastest to be projected and the fastest to confirm their results with the rural areas of the West Central region centered on Kilic are expected to be the last to declare with the final results likely to confirmed by 6:30AM. By then the result will be clear to everyone.

12:30PM: Hi everyone! It's Esin Albayrak on loan from my role at the Daily Llama to write for HRT's election day blog until the first projection comes out at 8PM. I'll be summarising some of the foreign policy implications of this election especially with regards to our neighbours and friends in Atlantian Oceania.

1:00PM: The obvious shift in foreign affairs will come if either the SC or BAHP do well. SC has long advocated for the isolation of Timuria, shunning working with any country and while it has never advocated the stripping of citizenship from Timurians of foreign descent, it has indicated it want a significant curbing of immigration. BAHP is predominantly voted for by Banijan Timurians as well as Shia Timurians, meaning that relations with Banija and the Busoga Islands will be change if they, as predicted, get a significant number of seats, there will be significant pressure on whoever the largest party is to move to even closer relations with those countries.

1:30PM: The TKP and ALTI share a similar line of foreign policy, with both advocating a more conservative, defensive posture, but without the desire for full isolationism, the TKP's official ideologies preventing it from neglecting international obligations, while ALTI is keen to disassociate itself from accusations of racism and prejudice by insisting that it is in favour of immigration, but merely controlled immigration as well as more robust military to enforce the borders of the nation. ALTI have advocated for closer official relations with regimes considered too autocratic or "sham democracies" by the current government.

2:00PM: Neither of the major parties differ much on foreign policy, both favour the current model of immigration and citizenship and favour Timuria's neutrality in international affairs, with neither proposing a particularly robust military or the playing of politics on the international stage. TIOC have been slowly moving towards forging links with foreign governments, but that has resulted in problems for them. Their willingness to engage in underhanded deals with other countries, long suspected has now been revealed during this campaign. OK's distinction from TIOC comes from their wish to deepen economic ties across the region, providing services for profit, an anathema to several in the country (as well as unlikely to be popular abroad.)

4:30 PM: With three and a half hours to go, the People's Electoral Council have estimated that turnout so far is 77.6% up 2% on the previous election. They are also estimating that the final provisional result shall be confirmed around 3AM.

6:00PM: The Red Wolves, the beloved national football team have been posting on social media all day to encourage people to vote, with a team picture being released, with the coaching staff depicting them with their "Democracy for All" stickers that are handed out upon the completion of voting. *Attached picture of the team with stickers*

7:30PM: The match against Pasarga has kicked off, but don't forget to vote, if you're in line when voting closes you are entitled to vote and most polling stations will have live updates of the match. This is Esin Albayrak signing off.

8:00PM: Yasemin Tataroglu signing on as polls close across the country, we will now be entering the ban on reporting on live results, though the data will be fed to us as it's counted live. This election has not been a terribly exciting one, the TIOC lead at times has been insurmountable, even a serious crisis has not made them look as if they are likely to lose this election, though the nature of their victory is in doubt.

8:17PM: It is halftime in the Red Wolves' match against Pasarga and they are currently trailing 2-0, it looks like it will be a tough night for sports fans in the country.

9:00PM: While the excitement of the football may have taken over the country, the match will be done before the result ban is lifted, we've already had rumours of a leak of the results on social media, several are suggesting that OK look as if they may have won this election. While this leak can't be corroborated such a result would be a huge shock, especially given TIOC's high standing as an institution in the country.

9:20PM: An astounding turnaround has meant that, the Red Wolves have come out on top 3-2 against Pasarga, reigniting a lot of optimism around football in the country.

9:30PM: The results ban has been lifted. with 16.1% of the vote counted we are able to make projections. Firstly, the next government will be a TIOC government, we are unsure as to the nature of that government, but TIOC are well clear on first preferences in the votes so far, but are substantially weaker than the polls indicated. OK will remain the second largest party, while BAHP will be the third party on these early results. We are also ready to project two seats Fakulti in Demir will be a TIOC hold and will be won on the fourth round, while the unorganised Demir seat of Gorevlik will be won on first preferences by the independent standing there Faruk Yoldas, who is known to be left leaning and aligned to BAHP.

9:45PM: With more of the count in we are prepared to make a very rough projection for how we expect the night to end with the uncertainty in brackets:

TIOC: 287 (259-312)
OK: 144 (99-187)
BAHP: 45 (24-71)
TKP: 34 (14-52)
SC: 29 (13-45)
ALTI: 9 (1-17)
IND/OTH: 2 (1-2)

TIOC Majority of 24

The projection (which is very approximate as you can see) shows that TIOC are on course for a majority and an increased one if the headline figure is accurate, with TIOC gaining two seats. It is still possible for TIOC to lose their majority within the uncertainty of the results in so far, but it's worth remembering that these results are skewed towards urban areas where TIOC do well and while we've tried to account for that it means there might be inaccuracies as rural areas come in.

Results projected so far:
TIOC: 1
IND/OTH: 1

10:00PM: We have our first gain of the night TIOC have gained Hisar Merkez from OK, meaning all of the Hisar seats in Demir are expected to be TIOC seats. Updated projected results:

TIOC: 4 (+1)
OK: 1 (nc)
IND/OTH: 1 (nc)

The OK seat that has been projected is Naz Dogancay's seat of Hafizkoy.

10:11PM: We have our first projection from Goynuk, the seat of Merkez, currently held by Rahim Muhadow will remain in the hands of BAHP. While we're prepared to project the whole of the city of Demir, with four seats changing hands, two going from TIOC to OK and two going from OK to TIOC. With both major faring a bit better in the capital than elsewhere. With results from more rural areas beginning to come in we're prepared to update our projection again:

TIOC: 276 (240-312)
OK: 145 (101-189)
BAHP: 50 (30-70)
TKP: 40 (20-50)
SC: 28 (10-40)
ALTI: 9 (2-18)

TIOC Majority of 2

This projection shows a downward trend in the TIOC seat numbers, with their majority now seeming perilous. Calls are already building privately for Sabuktigin Imamoglu to set out a timetable for his departure as Naz Dogancay is expected to make a statement just before midnight once more of the results have been made clear.

11:08PM: With results coming in fast from Goynuk and Arhavi we can now show the projected change in seat numbers in both provinces for BAHP. BAHP are expected to gain as many as 58 seats without sustaining any losses, this means from now on projected numbers for BAHP will likely have a very small uncertainty, as will results for the TKP who have made huge gains in rural areas of Uryan from the SC and even taken seats from their nominal allies in TIOC. Though TIOC have gained the seat of Vatanseven from the TKP.

11:45PM: All of the leader's seats except Ulku Guzelhayat's have been projected, with each of them keeping a hold of their seats Sabuktigin Imamoglu holding his in the third round with 47.5% of the first preference vote in Dagkoy. Despite faring okay in Demir and Elektriklestirme, TIOC have suffered heavy losses with minimal gains in the rest of the country, Uryan has also been a rare bright spot for the governing party with many gains across the former SC stronghold city.

We are prepared now to make the following estimate for the national seat shares:
TIOC: 249 (221-277)
OK: 147 (132-162)
BAHP: 77 (74-80)
TKP: 44 (40-48)
SC: 23 (17-29)
ALTI: 8 (6-9)

TIOC short by 26

We are not ruling out the possibility of a narrow TIOC majority at this point, but the probability of it is growing smaller and smaller as more results come in. They will however, be the largest party by a substantial margin and will rely on the support of other parties to ensure they remain in office. This presents other challenges for them, such as whether they will be able to elect a Vizier, failure to do so will be grounds for dissolution of the parliament and a snap general election which TIOC will be unlikely to want to fight.

11:58PM: BREAKING: Ulku Guzelhayat projected to lose seat to TIOC.

12:04AM: BREAKING: Naz Dogancay to set out timetable for departure.

12:06AM: BREAKING: Kemal Macaoglu confirmed to win seat of Halkkoy from TIOC after moving there for this election.

12:10AM: A lot to summarise, Ulku Guzelhayat is set to lose her seat of Vizierlik in Emirdag to TIOC who are enjoying a strong night in the city a full 9.9% behind the TIOC candidate on first preferences and given the direction of the preferential vote, she is likely estimated to have a 88% chance of losing the seat. This means according to party rules she will have to step down.

Kemal Macaoglu on the other hand, will be reveling in the success of his gamble, moving from his original seat to his hometown seat of Halkkoy where he has taken it from TIOC and will based on the projections will be a key player in the next parliament with his party.

Naz Dogancay issued a statement saying: "While we are projected to make gains and are on course for our best ever result, I must recognise that Mr Imamoglu will be the leader of the largest party, despite the scandals that have befallen him and his allies and I must recognise that is a judgment on me. I will initiate the process for my party to elect a new leader, but in the interim I will remain as leader, no more than 9 months." Meaning that as midnight passes two of the six major parties in the country will be selecting new party leader.

12:55AM: BREAKING: Projected losses for TIOC mean they will not have a majority.

1:10AM: HRT projects no majority, but TIOC as largest party.

1:30AM: With the projection from HRT that TIOC will lose their majority, several anonymous sources have briefed HRT and other outlets that there are moves being made to ensure Sabuktigin Imamoglu sets out a timetable to resign when he makes his statement, expected after 3AM when the provisional result is released. Other sources insist that Mr Imamoglu will stay on until the next election and will fight off any challenge. A difficult task as he's currently projected to lose the party's majority.

2:00AM: HRT Final Projection (changes with the previous election):

First Preference Votes:
TIOC: 23.6% (-5.7%)
OK: 23.6% (-1.2%)
ALTI: 13.9% (+5.1%)
TKP: 11.9% (+1.2%)
SC: 9.8% (-5.1%)
BAHP: 9.5% (+5.1%)
IND/OTH: 7.6% (+0.4%)

(First preferences will not add up to 100% due to rounding)

Seats in The Gönüllü Meclisi:
TIOC: 245 (-40)
OK: 151 (+29)
BAHP: 74 (+57)
TKP: 43 (+34)
SC: 28 (-79)
ALTI: 7 (-1)
IND/OTH: 2 (nc)

TIOC short by 31

Analysis: Given the shocking nature of the result, it could have been a lot worse for TIOC, their strength was vastly overestimated by the polls and it's only by the grace of the efficiency of their preferential voters as well as their resilience in cities that has enabled them to cling on. Critical gains from the SC and from OK in cities like Elektriklestirme have both saved the party from an ignominious complete defeat and will change the nature of the party in parliament with a more urban and more patriotic electorate now placing its faith in the party, this will be a difficult coalition to keep together especially given who their likely partners are going forward. The maths of this result means that an Orange-Blue-Brown alliance of OK-ALTI-SC will be well short and will require outside cooperation from both the TKP, who are known TIOC allies and BAHP who will never work with a coalition including SC. This means all viable governments will include TIOC in some fashion.

The difficulty comes with the uncertainty in their leadership, if either the TKP or BAHP were to forge an agreement with Mr Imamoglu they would need assurances that his successor, should he step aside during the next parliament, will adhere to it. That may mean a more informal agreement is struck with both parties to get by on a deal-by-deal basis until a new permanent leader is elected. There will also be questions about where OK go from here. They've just got their best result ever and it still feels like a failure, Naz Dogancay will feel very hard done by to not get the opportunity to lead the party on last time against a potentially fragile minority government. She may, still run in the ensuing contest, she will rightly point to the fact that the party was not very far off a breakthrough moment. The risk is of course that her personal ratings have impeded the party from their one chance to dethrone the hegemonic TIOC.

3:00AM: Provisional result confirmed HRT projection:

TIOC short by 31

Statement expected imminently from Sabuktigin Imamoglu, Rahim Muhadow and Kemal Macaoglu.

3:05AM: With the provisional result in, the headlines from each of the major outlets is as follows:

İşçi Gazetesi: Another Victory!
Özgürluk: TIOC Dealt a Blow
Kurtuluş: Vizier Muhadow?
İşçinin Sesi: A Red Dawn
Popüler Ses: Now Work Together

Most of the outlets are focusing on the loss of majority for TIOC, obviously the biggest news of the night. Kurtuluş have made an audacious pitch for BAHP leader Rahim Muhadow to be made Vizier as part of any governing arrangement between TIOC and BAHP. A prospect that had been brought up in private following the first poll indicating that TIOC's majority was in danger. Popüler Ses has, in line with its editorial line issued a demand that TIOC, BAHP and the TKP work together in the coming parliament.

3:10AM: Rahim Muhadow has offered to work with TIOC in his post election address, claiming that the only right thing to do to unify all regions of the country is for them to work together. In his speech he said: "Common ground as progressives means that our alliance is a natural one, but we are not to be bought cheaply, the rights of minorities must be safeguarded more robustly in practise, not just in theory and the civil liberties of our citizens, which have been violated by certain figures in TIOC must not go unpunished. Our line is simply, expel the culprits, allow the law to take its course and ensure our demands are met on civil liberties and on allowing a just transition to real worker freedom, not just state ownership and we will be your strongest ally in this parliament." A strong signal that Mr Muhadow is quite eager to work alongside TIOC, with no mention of Mr Imamoglu's precarious status as party leader.

3:12AM: Kemal Macaoglu has issued his statement indicating his openness to working with TIOC on an "informal basis." In his statement he said: "I am delighted by our result, we have returned a large and important number of GMVs and we will play our part in ensuring that our country has secure, stable and competent governance. That inevitably means that we need to work with other parties, as the electorate have commanded us to. We are open to creating a government of national solidarity with TIOC and Mr Imamoglu, but on the understanding that his successor, should he be replaced as party leader be bound to the agreement that we forge. We will also consider offering outside, informal support to other progressive alliances, we will not stand in the way of a progressive government in favour of the forces of reaction and capital."

3:15AM: BREAKING: Sabuktigin Imamoglu declares that he'll stay on as leader of TIOC.

3:20AM: There's a lot to unpack with Mr Imamoglu's speech so we'll take it a bit at a time:

He opened with "I'd like to thank every single candidate who ran for our party at this election and to apologise to those colleagues who were unable to return to the parliament and to welcome our new MGVs into parliament. It has been a tough night for our party, no one will deny that, but we have emerged as the party with the most seats, by some margin. As such after my conversation with Vizier Ibrahim Karaman, after the election of a new speaker of the parliament, I will be given the mandate to form a working majority, as is right and constitutional." A standard statement from the Prime Minister, much more direct than he's been known to be in the past, directly apologising to his party's losing candidates.

Addressing the state of parliament he said: "It is clear, that while the people of Timuria want our party to lead and to govern, they do not want us to do so alone. So we will extend the hand of friendship to any progressive parties in this country who are willing to work with us to ensure that the equality, freedom and solidarity that our people enjoy remains intact and is built upon. Our preference is for these parties to join us in a formal coalition, to ensure that the government is as stable as possible and is bound to the agreement made between the parties, which will be published to the people of this country so that they can scrutinise it for themselves." A strong signal from Mr Imamoglu that he would likely prefer to work in coalition, which seems to rule out the TKP who have famously been reluctant to make such formal arrangements.

Finally he spoke about questions around his leadership: "I am proud to lead my party and my country, if anyone wants to challenge my position in either role they are free to, either by commanding a mandate in parliament or by challenging me at our party conference for the leadership. I cannot guarantee that I will not lead this party into the next election, especially given the uncertainty in forming a government, but I will continue to serve as long as my party and this country wishes me to do so." A strong statement from the Prime Minister, he seems to be willing to fight members of his party for his leadership, which may put off both BAHP and the TKP from entering into a close arrangement with him until his position is secure.

4:05AM: The People's Electoral Council has confirmed that the provisional seat results are the official results which are as follows:

TIOC short by 31

Analysis: This is a shocking result for many in the country, TIOC have been seen as the automatic party of government for as long as the Community has been one nation. The loss of their majority means an unprecedented period of instability may be on the horizon, with TIOC now relying upon its natural allies, who will be reluctant to lend support to Mr Imamoglu who is now fending off a challenge from both his party's left and right to hold on to his position. Unless he can bind his potential successors to any deal, a minority government looks like it will be the way forward from now.

This means that half of the parties in the parliament will now be facing some kind of instability in their leadership. TIOC with the challenge to Mr Imamoglu, OK with Ms Dogancay's pledge to step aside within 9 months and ALTI, who lost all of their held seats and gained 7 new ones with Ms Guzelhayat's defeat meaning one of these new GMVs will become the next party leader.

The first task of the new parliament will be to elect a speaker, which may work as a testing ground for which parties will fall into which bloc. If TIOC is able to get its nominee selected then it will be pretty clear that they will be able to govern as a minority. If however, the process becomes drawn out, it will be a sign that TIOC will need to enter into a more formal arrangement, especially with the need to select a new Vizier. Mr Muhadow has now become the favourite to become Vizier, with many suggesting it will be part of the price for a TIOC-BAHP alliance, others include TKP MP Ibrahim Karakalpak, Demir High Court Judge Rustu Nuraltun and even Mr Imamoglu himself as part of a transitional deal to move him out of parliament altogether. Failure to elect a Vizier, when Mr Karaman's term expires will be grounds for a snap election. Something no major party will be keen on given the instability in their leaderships.

Then will come the challenge of securing Timuria's place in the region and in wider Atlantian Oceanian politics. With the need for the country to improve its standing and clout within the region, without compromising the core values set out in the constitution. Many will point out that TIOC still needs to comprehensively deal with the espionage scandal that has befallen it and Mr Imamoglu may see an alliance with BAHP as a convenient excuse to punish that wing of the party with no repercussions.

With that, we will be signing off our election night blog, good night (or good morning) from us here at HRT.
Last edited by Timuria on Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Artist Formerly Known as Kose

If you remember me from ages ago, send me a TG to say hi.

Baptism of Fire 71 Co-host

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports