NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby Union/League/7s Friendlies thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:42 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Northwest Kalactin wrote:If it’s okay with Neu Engollon Clark can transfer to your league.

Yeah, go nuts. Clark is yours again.

Heed the advice and get your own rugby house in order. You will be happier you did as it will all make sense as to who your best players are and the best club teams that contribute to the national squad. More than anything, I'd like to see the Kalactinian squad playing in the finals and being a top contendor because you solidly earned your way there. Knuckle down and it will happen soon enough.

Pretty much this. In fact, NK, if you want any help with what to put in your RPs or how to beef things up, don't be afraid to ask. For example, if you want to give a rundown of Kalactinian rugby, you could say when and how it was introduced to your nation, how popular the sport is over in your nation or even if rugby union is still an amateur sport or if it's turned professional. Things like that.

Not to mention that that, if you don't know how rugby's played, then there's no need to fret. The rules (or Laws as they're called) can be found online, although I know of a guy who does sports videos so if you want me to I can link to one of his. You can even find some matches on YouTube, such as the past few Rugby World Cup finals. Hell, if you know any local teams, it might be worth going to a game to see how it is, although since I'm not sure about ticket prices it might be worth looking that up.

P.S. If you're interested, I might give you a game. Granted, it would be with the Elejamie Amateurs or the EUXV (Elejamian Universities XV, which is like a junior team) since having it against my main side might make it a little bit lopsided and both the Amateurs and EUXV are technically unranked it would be a lot more fairer, but at least it's better than nothing.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Alice Bay
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Alice Bay » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Princess Cup, 2st. leg
ImageAlice Bay 7 - 26 LisanderImage
Leo Valerian 52' (try)
Skylar Cohen 53' (con)
Eleazar Castell 22' (try)
Sebastian Livon 40' 66' 80' (try)
Kevin Armada 23' 40' 67' (con)
Venue:Rovers Park, Osea, Alice Bay
REF: Altis Spiller (LOR)

STARTERS

1. Betrand Rhett (PR)
2. Yorick Linte (HK)
3. Casey Darin (PR)
4. Arlan Miklos (SR) (Captain)
5. Pierce Markis (SR)
6. Marian Webster (FL)
7. Keaton Tel (FL)
8. Athan Valerian (N8)
9. Nick Benz (SH)
10. Skylar Cohen (FH)
11. Leo Valerian (WG)
12. Chris Gauthier (CT)
13. Harry McCann (CT)
14. Mathieu Grover (WG)
15. Hartley Weldon (FB)
1. Cedric Carrasso (PR)
2. Andreas Linzmeyer (HK) (Captain)
3. Pedro Moura (PR)
4. Mis Morian (SR)
5. Mariano Valente (SR)
6. Cássio Martelli (FL)
7. Henrique Domani (FL)
8. Arno Florian (N8)
9. Maximiliano Luna (SH)
10. Kevin Armada (FH)
11. Sebastian Livon (WG)
12. Pedro Madison (CT)
13. Maurice Gear (CT)
14. Eleazar Castell (WG)
15. Daniel Alfyn (FB)

Played as never before. Lost as usual.
Scott Stavros, to therugbyzone.ab
Once more, the crux can't reach the Irises. There are four titles in four years for Lisander.

Another defeat. Now, six in a row. The game in Osea wasn't different of the game in Eau Claire, Darmen. Once more, the Crux was taken by an apathy. I honestly thought after the heroic victory against Neu Engollon, in RWC, by one drop goal, we could face Lisander in a more decent way. Illusion. We are clearly behind yet. They started to sign millionaire contracts. Marcel Lebrun, one of best Locks in the world, is joining Harlequins for a record contract. In the opposite way, we. Athan and Leonard Valerian, two of our most valuable players, are leaving Osea to play in the Super8, by a third of the value.

What can we say? Isn't our league attractive? Could it be a little more competitive now two top players are leaving? Will the balance between teams be restored? In our office, opinions are divided. Some people think Athan and Leo departure can finally open the markets in Alice Bay. Filipe Sarto is being linked to Osea, for example. He is a capped player and was in Alice Bay last year. He's being released from Victorian Rugby, giving space to Andre Callenzo. The Rovers could have him in a very good place. Other think it will weaken our league even more, and all of our players will leave our system at low prices. There are lots of possible interpretations, in fact.

The Match

My director insists that I should do a report of the match. Damn, I don't want it. He's threatening to fire me now... Oh, okay.
It was a great exhibition of the Irises this night in Osea! The Lisanderian side shown its power in the Rovers Park, winning by a good margin. In his Irises debut, Eleazar Castell scored the first of the four tries of the visiting side, at minute 22. Escaping from Keaton Tel tackle, he fooled Weldon with a soccer kick and soon before being reached, dived into the grass and touched the ball to open the score. Kevin Armada, his partner in Schwartzgarten Warriors, converted successfully the two following points.

The match was very tight for both sides until the last minute of the first half, but soon Lisander, or better saying, Sebastian Livon, started his gala presentation. Fully recovered from his ankle injury, the 26-year-old right wing from Irises scored the first of his three tries in the last play of the first half. Kevin Armada didn't miss the chance, and the final result of the first half was 14-0.

When the second half started, the Crux even started better. At minute 52, Leo Valerian scored a nice try after a kick interception by Yorick Linte. The only try of the Crux and its following conversion were heavily celebrated since both Valerian and Skylar Cohen are Osea Rugby Players (the first one is moving abroad). But wasn't enough. Livon was in one of that inspired days. Soon, he was again running for another try. At minute 66, he scored once more, diving between the posts after receiving from the scrum. Armada wouldn't lose a kick like that. 21-7. After that, Lisander keep the game on hands. Playing slower, but yet blocking Alicean advance, tiring the local team. The last try of Irises just came in the last play, a ball that nearly hasn't reached the in-goal area, near the right corner post. Just enough to the Lorenthian referee Altis Spiller blow the whistle for the third and last try by Sebastian Livon. Armada, replaced in kicking by Daniel Alfyn, saw the Fullback miss the conversion, giving final numbers to the score: 26-7.

Lisander will face Neu Engollon, next saturday, in Burgunden Dome, while Alice Bay should wait two weeks to face Darmen in Southland Rugby Stadium at Dennison Park, Bay City. We expect a close result for next match. After two consecutive defeats, another victory would be of help for the crisis that is starting to appear in National Team.

• More from TRZ.ab:
Valerian brothers leaving for Nortmer Rugby
General meeting of ABRU should define focus for next cycle
Crux Sevens departing to The Kiaser Colonies still dreaming of reaching World Cup
Merinean team Toa Rugby joining Unions Cup in Championship Division

© 2018 TRZ Alice Bay and TRZ Lisander are brands of Newport Rugby Media Holdings. Alice Bay and/or Lisander laws may apply. Dale a tu cuerpo alegria macarena. For further information and commercial contracts, contact promo(at)trz.ls or ad(at)trz.ab.
"Australasian" puppet from the same user controlling Lisander.
IC: Like New Zealand, but Oahu-sized.
Still trying to fit more maori and pasifika surnames. Hit me with some.

Imperan Rugby
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperan Rugby » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:54 am

ImageImperan League XV 28-10 BarbariansImage
Castera 14' 49'(try)
Irraun 33' (try) 61' (con)
Lynne 60' (try)
Thion 15' 34' 50'(con)
Roux 53' (try)
Alte 19' (pen) 54' (con)
Venue:Stade Felix Irraun, Gast, Aristian Republic
REF: Jacob Heim (ALB)

STARTERS

1 Maxence Harison (GMN)
2 Hanne Kinnaid (LOR)
3 Raphael Andrianarisoa (GMN)
4 Morgan Raza (GMN)
5 Mael Nirina (GMN)
6 Magne Holgersen (LOR)
7 Iker Marinelarena (ARS)
8 Kevan Howells (ARI)
9 Adrian Vissen (LOR)
10 Alexandre Thion (ARS) (Captain)
11 James Lynne (ARI)
12 Tiago Irraun (ARS)
13 Axier Clement (ARS)
14 Phillipe Castera (ARS)
15 Mikel Otzaurte (ARS)
1. Turgo Gallion (PR)
2. Tom Eckham (HK) (Captain)
3. Raphael Lasses (PR)
4. Kennedy Olson (SR)
5. Cláudio Tomasi (SR)
6. Francisco Villanova (FL)
7. Francesc Gasteiz (FL)
8. Bruno Dias (N8)
9. Murilo Roux (SH)
10. Christian Alte (FH)
11. Filipe Sarto (WG)
12. Remi Strohl (CT)
13. Saulo Gyles (CT)
14. Matthew Gear (WG)
15. Yarin Dallara (FB)

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:12 am

Hey there looking for some friendlies before the next RUWC/RLWC.
All mods +5

League (UR)
Game 1: Darmen
Game 2: Elejamie

Union (29, 1.20)
Game 1: Darmen
Game 2: Hutanjia

Sevens (17, 4.28, Subject to change with new 7s ranks)
Game 1:
Game 2:
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:31 pm

Northwest Kalactin wrote:Hey there looking for some friendlies before the next RUWC/RLWC.

Darmen would be delighted to play friendlies against Northwest Kalactin in both League and Union. Our League ranking is 1.49 with a style mod of +1, while our Union rankings is 7.00 with a style mod of -5.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Ok could we have a scorinater for the matchups listed above.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:44 pm

League
Northwest Kalactin 8–12 Elejamie
Northwest Kalactin 1–17 Darmen

Union
Northwest Kalactin 10–31 Darmen
Northwest Kalactin 18–25 Hutanjia

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 am

I'm fairly new to NS sports, already got into football & cricket. Time to get my rugby union team going.

Anyone want a friendly?

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun May 31, 2020 8:56 am

Baggieland wrote:I'm fairly new to NS sports, already got into football & cricket. Time to get my rugby union team going.

Anyone want a friendly?

I'd offer Lisander, but since Lisander is ranked and Baggieland isn't, it wouldn't be exactly a fair match, I personally suggest you give a look at the most recent rugby tournament, the Lisander Rugby Festival. Its a Sevens Tournament, and you can get a smaller roster. Also, next Saturday is the deadline for signing Domestic champions to Rugby Union Champions Trophy.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun May 31, 2020 9:20 am

Lisander wrote:I'd offer Lisander, but since Lisander is ranked and Baggieland isn't, it wouldn't be exactly a fair match

Thanks for saving my blushes!

Lisander wrote:I personally suggest you give a look at the most recent rugby tournament, the Lisander Rugby Festival. Its a Sevens Tournament, and you can get a smaller roster

Sorry, not into league.

Lisander wrote: Also, next Saturday is the deadline for signing Domestic champions to Rugby Union Champions Trophy.

Not sure I want to do domestic competitions at the moment.

When's the next union world cup?

Still looking for a friendly :)

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun May 31, 2020 9:43 am

Baggieland wrote:Sorry, not into league.

It's Rugby Sevens, the short form of Rugby Union, aka the Olympic one. Short form of League is Nines, and we don't have it in NationStates

Baggieland wrote:When's the next union world cup?

Right after Rugby League World Cup. I'd say around August/September.

Baggieland wrote:Still looking for a friendly :)

The best I can offer is an unranked puppet, Heemstra (0.00). If you're okay with that, we just need a scorinator
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun May 31, 2020 9:50 am

Lisander wrote: Also, next Saturday is the deadline for signing Domestic champions to Rugby Union Champions Trophy.

Not sure I want to do domestic competitions at the moment.

When's the next union world cup?

Still looking for a friendly :)

I’d be willing to take you up on one, my rank is 1.28, but I could send a unranked team of younger players if you want.
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Sun May 31, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun May 31, 2020 7:47 pm

Lisander wrote:The best I can offer is an unranked puppet, Heemstra (0.00). If you're okay with that, we just need a scorinator

Yes please.

Northwest Kalactin wrote:I’d be willing to take you up on one, my rank is 1.28, but I could send a unranked team of younger players if you want.

Yes please.

Anyone want to scorinate?

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:08 pm

2nd page bump.

Can anyone scorinate these two games please?

Darmen
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:51 am

Baggieland 6–0 Heemstra
Baggieland 0–20 Northwest Kalactin
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Darmen wrote:Baggieland 6–0 Heemstra
Baggieland 0–20 Northwest Kalactin

Cheers!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:21 pm

There's no need to recreate this thread.

I'm forming an updated squad, and look forward to new opportunities.

EDIT: We have a set 8 nations now. And set hosts. Thanks all.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:48 pm

I'd be interested. :)

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:13 am

Seems that I lost the deadline.

Anyways... Would someone be interested in Touring?, that is to say one team/NT visiting other nations and playing local teams and the NT?

Elmyia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2022
Conservative Democracy

Postby Elmyia » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:24 am

I’d be game
DBC 54 Champions

Darmen
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:22 am

Updated post-RUWC 34 rankings can be found here.

Darmen is open to touring and/or being toured.
The Republic of Darmen

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports