NATION

PASSWORD

A war of alternate-account-spam

A place for governments-in-exile, plucky survivors, unlucky survivors, the horrifically mutated, and other assorted characters to ride out the nuclear hellstorm until it's safe to go outside again.
Calant
Civilian

Founded: Sep 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

A war of alternate-account-spam

Postby Calant » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:53 pm

It’s barely been a few hours since the start of the event and my entire faction has been erased off the face of the pitiful planet by a single guy and his 20 fresh alternate accounts. To be frank, I think this borders on abuse of the multiple nation ownership system, although I’m not sure what anyone can do about it. It's come to the point of absurdity, the sheer number of alternate accounts by a single guy.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Players are allowed unlimited alts, some people have over 130 alts *cough* Lord Dominator *cough*
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:54 pm

The accounts aren't flooding the forums or anything like that, so it's not breaking the rules or anything.

Inkopolitia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Inkopolitia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Lol
squid
female who is (unapologetically) in love with females ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5.75, -5.33

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:Players are allowed unlimited alts, some people have over 130 alts *cough* Lord Dominator *cough*

>130?!

That's nuts.

Woryand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Woryand » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:Players are allowed unlimited alts, some people have over 130 alts *cough* Lord Dominator *cough*

For tag raiding, 130 isn't a lot. I have 160 (well, have created 160; most are cte'd) in switchers alone, and probably closer to 200 when counting all nations.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:02 pm

The Biggles Syndicate wrote:

>130?!

That's nuts.

There's people with many more accounts.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Scorpio Spikal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Scorpio Spikal » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 pm

is no one going to talk about the fact the one I want to nuke is in that faction?

Check "Who do you want to nuke" for more info

I might make a "neutral" faction. Idk.
:kick abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
:ban 0123456789
Scorpio Spikal Federation - The Tropes
I just kicked the entire alphabet and all of the numbers from my Minecraft server.

Side 3
Envoy

Founded: Jul 07, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Side 3 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Well, if you want to get him back it works both ways. It's pretty stupid though, because you basically can't "lose". One of your nations dies? Just make a new one. That one dies? Another one. Hopefully they change it next year.
Sieg Zeon!

REDCON-1

ZeoNet Channel 2:

January 22nd, 0097: Stocks in the Zimmad Corporation have gone down by 5% today, following the military's decision to halt its purchase of the company's latest mobile armor. The unnamed mobile armor has been rumored to have been in development for the past 6 years, and would've been worth roughly $150 million.

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:10 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
The Biggles Syndicate wrote:>130?!

That's nuts.

There's people with many more accounts.

Really? Huh.

What's the most you've ever seen?

Woryand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Woryand » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Side 3 wrote:Well, if you want to get him back it works both ways. It's pretty stupid though, because you basically can't "lose". One of your nations dies? Just make a new one. That one dies? Another one. Hopefully they change it next year.

I believe that there is a minimum of 12 million population required to participate in n-day, though.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:There's people with many more accounts.

Really? Huh.

Parhe has ~3 thousand, iirc.
Last edited by Woryand on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Presbyterians
Civilian

Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Presbyterians » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:15 pm

What if they had it so only WA nations could participate in N-Day?
Just a suggestion.

Edit: Yes I know this nation would be excluded but it's not even my main
Last edited by Presbyterians on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:20 pm

alright, so the same thing that I did to them pretty much happened to me, guess thats karma. oh well at least I had some fun making some people very not happy for a good 8 hours. but hey I fully survived the attack then just left my faction so, CATSFERN REMAINS UNSAVED BY NUCLEAR WAR AFTER DEFEATING SEVERAL NATIONS!

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:26 pm

If someone is willing to invest the time to switch between all those different puppets, why shouldn't they?

If they were doing it with a script I could see the case for abuse, but anyone can manually jump around puppets if they give enough of a crap.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:If someone is willing to invest the time to switch between all those different puppets, why shouldn't they?

If they were doing it with a script I could see the case for abuse, but anyone can manually jump around puppets if they give enough of a crap.

thats what I was doing the hole time

Harmonic Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Harmonic Empire » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:53 am

Calant wrote:It’s barely been a few hours since the start of the event and my entire faction has been erased off the face of the pitiful planet by a single guy and his 20 fresh alternate accounts. To be frank, I think this borders on abuse of the multiple nation ownership system, although I’m not sure what anyone can do about it. It's come to the point of absurdity, the sheer number of alternate accounts by a single guy.

(Image)

You were allowed to create bazillion of puppets for this event

Soo..
improvise adapt overcome
| ♛ | HARMONIKSA RIKKEN | UNTEMAR | ♛ |
Story of Codex Ylvus will be rewritten and new story will be based on the War in Heaven.
Ase's Book - Eros's Book
Please be sure to check Terra Britania's works! | Someone awakaned me from my long stasis. | Up for a challenge? Just contact me.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 am

You gotta admire the determination of these guys, though. I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually amazed that people took time to make and control so many puppets.

Shoutout to the person behind "Annihilators of the CCD" Faction!
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Xentherida
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Xentherida » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:12 am

A big issue I've spotted? It was said that puppetswitching was made more tedious. It's not been. Despite many factions having many, many unique players, they are simply overwhelmed by the ~20 people with about 200 puppets apiece, who are far, far more organised since it's less "people", but much stronger because it's more nations.

In future? I hope it becomes much more tedious to switch between puppets and slowdown, because it basically turns into a game dominated by raiders and defenders, because they have so many puppets in the first place. If N-Day related puppet switching spam (i.e. targeting and shielding) takes even a few extra seconds longer, then it could do so many wonders in reducing the puppet spam

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:00 am

My 130 nations was fairly paltry - I understand the largest single was Sakana over in Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:07 am

So, you could say I both benefitted and suffered from this.
Last n-day, I brought in 37 puppets; this time I upped it to 51 and was also far more organised. At one point, 9 out of the 10 largest stockpiles of shields in Uppercuts were me.

Obviously, I also got wiped out by horsemen using mostly puppets like the rest of uppercuts did, however I feel that managing a large amount of puppets is a major part of the event for many people including me and I wouldn't want to alter it. I do think, however, that it might be adviseable to find a non-kaptcha way of making it a little more difficult to just switch between them using keybinds.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Bolysus
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolysus » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 am

We could resolve this by tying production to population and thus nation age.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:12 am

Bolysus wrote:We could resolve this by tying production to population and thus nation age.

Oh, please, most of my puppets are huge.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:45 am

Woryand wrote:
Side 3 wrote:Well, if you want to get him back it works both ways. It's pretty stupid though, because you basically can't "lose". One of your nations dies? Just make a new one. That one dies? Another one. Hopefully they change it next year.

I believe that there is a minimum of 12 million population required to participate in n-day, though.

The Biggles Syndicate wrote:Really? Huh.

How do they remember all of those passwords?!

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:48 am

Woryand wrote:

How do they remember all of those passwords?!

I would guess you would use the same or similar password for them all or use a password manager of some kind.
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Bolysus
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolysus » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:59 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Bolysus wrote:We could resolve this by tying production to population and thus nation age.

Oh, please, most of my puppets are huge.

But at least then you can't create twenty new puppets on the day of just for N-Day.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Vault 41