NATION

PASSWORD

To Fell an Empire 3.0 [Medieval Fantasy/OOC/Semi-Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 pm

The Starlight wrote:
New Roman Empire wrote:Like the theme song?

My reaction was :meh:

Not good, not bad, just meh.

Lol nice
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Lorellion wrote:NS Nation Name: Lorellion
House Name: House Nelkadian
House Banner: A dark red gem upon a royal blue field.
Description of House: House Nelkadian is an ancient house descending from the lines of the old Dwarven Empire. Its rulers have always held to a strict adherence to the ancient customs of the ancient dwarves. Most of House Nelkadian's ancestors have held a deep distaste for elves and often refused to let go of their old traditionalist ways. They were one of the last houses to submit to Titus Rahtis and only did so once their underground cities ran out of supplies. House Nelkadian has built a strong reputation for being amazing smiths capable of building most anything. The dwarven smiths loyal to the Nelkadians often boast that their steel is the best in the realm. House Nelkadian is notable for being rather isolationist and rarely take part in the conflicts of the Empire. They see the conflicts of the South as foolish and would rather tend to their own affairs instead of getting involved. However they are easily offended and often headstrong, but their fiery tempers can be smoothed with a cask of any sort of mead or ale. They can often be heard speaking Khazalid within their own courts. Until very recently, only dwarves lived in the Nelkadian's realm of Mereldar. When Mekdar took the throne, he opened the great Korek Gates of Mereldar to welcome all races into the realm.
What is House's view on the Empire?: House Nelkadian has no feud with the Empire, but can often be heard insulting the Southerners for their petty feuds.
Description of Head of House: Taslon Nelkadian, male dwarf, 24 years of age. Taslon is the first-born son of Mekdar and Heldraa Nelkadian. Unlike his father, Taslon is headstrong and stubborn much like most dwarves. All of his life, he trained to be a warrior and is one of the most talented Dwarven fighters in the Empire. Taslon has been spoiled by his mother all of his life and was raised as the "perfect lord." He is by no means a scholar and is no where near as innovative as his late father was, but many traditionalists believe he will be effective after many years of having a more liberal ruler. He has only just been crowned as the Lord of his ancestor's realm, and all wait to see what kind of ruler he will be.
Description of Relevant House Members: (name, age and sex and any other info)
Heldraa Nelkadian, female dwarf, 42 years of age. Heldraa is the widow of Mekdar and the mother of Lord Taslon. Heldraa was born from a prominent family within the realm and was arranged to be married to Mekdar Nelkadian. Heldraa is by no means a warrior, but it has always been said that she could kill a man with her stubbornness. She is rarely seen happy, and many whisper that it is due to her unhappy marriage. Now that her husband is dead, it is her that holds sway over her son.

Poctara Nelkadian, female dwarf, 22 years of age. Poctara is the sister of Taslon. She is more like her father than any of her sibilings and was rumored to have been the closest to him. She is disgusted by the traditionalist dwarves and disagrees with their policies of isolation. Before her father died, she left the realm and traveled to the Imperial capital to serve under the Emperor. Due to her knowledge and innovation, she was raised to the position of High Lady Treasurer.

Golstan Nelkadian, male dwarf, 53 years of age. Brother of Mekdar and General of the Nelkadian forces.

Hadron Nelkadian, male dwarf, 17 years of age. Brother of Taslon and Poctara.

Altar Orentius, male dwarf, 76 years old. Blacksmith of Mereldar. People come from all over for his steel.

Lyeria Kaldara, female elf, 88 years of age. Lyeria is the court mage of Mereldar. She was one of the first elves to come to the dwarven civilization and became one of the closest advisors to Mekdar. It was said that she was also his mistress which has led to a feud between her and Heldra. She is immensely wise and worldy, for she has spent her life travelling the world. She is a powerful mage, but many distrust her on the account that she influenced Mekdar's liberal reforms.

Court Position Request: (Family member, position) Poctara, High Lady Treasurer
Seat of Power: (Name, location.) Tarolak, middle of 12. It is a sprawling city within a mountain and is one of the largest dwarven civilizations in the empire.

Realm Number: (See map) 12
Realm Name: Mereldar
Realm Description: (Geography, history, note that north is colder/south is warmer.)
Capital City: Tarolak
Population: (Be realistic) 900,000
Race Composition (Percentage of each sentient race): 62% Dwarf, 35% Human, 3% Elf.
Status of the races other than men: Dwarves are the dominant race of the realm and hold positions of high power. Humans have come to train under Altar. Elves are usually found as servants or magical advisors to dwarven nobles.
Majority Religion: (Minorities of other two will exist.) Ancestor Worship
Description of the people and culture: The people of Mereldar are intensely hot-blooded and boisterous. Mereldarian feast halls are known to be extremely festive and full of laughter. They are very loyal, often to a fault, and will fight for their beliefs to the death. They are stubborn and often very resistant to change. The majority of them are hardy dwarves with blonde hair.
Description of Economy (Include major imports/exports):
  • Exports: Stone, Iron, Gold, Precious Metals, Weapons, Armor
  • Imports:
Food, lumber, silk, livestock, spices
Major Cities (max six): Tarolak, Rarok, Lalsok
Major Citadels/Fortresses (max six): Kyrak, Stronghaven, Fort Ameril

Military Description: The Dwarven Legions of Mereldar are strong front-line warriors known for their proficiency with battle-axes. They are not very organized, but are incredibly fearsome warriors who fight to the death.

Strengths/Weaknesses: (Must have several of both)
Good heavy infantry
Good armor and weapons
Good defenses in the mountains

Bad strategy
Bad organization
Little to no calvary or archers.
  • Total Numbers
  • Navy- 8 ships
  • Army
20,000 in total

Other: N/A
RP Sample:
Alysanne Velaryon
King’s Landing
44 days AQD

“You have done well for yourself, haven’t you Aegon?” Alysanne looked around the king’s quarters admiring the immensity of the room. She was alone, but she knew that wouldn’t last long. In the meantime, she decided to take off her cloak and warm herself by the fire.

Aegon never responded to her letter, but she had decided to come to the city anyway. She had a number of ways to get into the city unnoticed, and she had utilized one of them. She looked down at her serving-girl’s gown in admiration.

A few days past, Alysanne received word that someone by the name of Deyna Mallister had called for an assassination on the king. Many of her agents knew of Alysanne’s Westerosi origin and warned her of the impending attempt on the king’s life. Alysanne looked into the details of the assassination and tried to warn Aegon, but her missives were intercepted. Desperately, she travelled to the capital under the guise of a serving woman and planned to foil the assassination herself.

As she sat in the chair beside the fire, she picked up a book sitting on the table and flicked through it, barely paying attention. Her thoughts were mostly on what was to come. She knew of Deyna Mallister, but why would she be trying to kill the king when the war in the Riverlands was finally ending? Did she really want more bloodshed?

Soon, Alysanne heard the door to the royal apartments open. She watched in her side vision as a serving girl made her way over to the king’s bedside table with a bottle full of wine. The serving girl never noticed Alysanne. Good.

Alysanne watched as the girl replaced the bottle that was already on the king’s bedside table with the one she was holding. The girl took the original bottle and started for the door. My time to strike.

Alysanne grasped her Valyrian steel dagger under her gown and stood up. The serving girl stopped in her tracks, her eyes wide. “Well, well, well. What have we here?”

“I-I was just delivering-”

“Stop your stammering girl,” Alysanne commanded, “I know what you were delivering. Poison.”

The girl shook her head. “No, I-I-” She paused and broke off into a run. Alysanne gave a little whistle. When the serving girl opened the door, she was faced with six burly Myrish guards, courtesy of the magister Alysanne had beaten into submission.

Two of the guards seized the girl and brought her back into the room. Alysanne strode over to the bedside table and seized the bottle of wine. She took the top off and took a whiff. “Poison.”

The girl was whimpering now. “No, it’s not poison. I swear it.” Alysanne whirled around and narrowed her eyes at the girl.

“Where is the real assassin?”

The girl continued to sob. “Please. I don’t know what this is all about.”

Alysanne stepped forward. “A real assassin would have escaped or killed himself by now. You didn’t escape and now you are whimpering. This is most likely the assassin’s back up plan, and you are his catspaw.”

“No, I swear-”

“Shut up. Where is the real assassin?”

“He’s one of the musicians here for the feast to honor Lord Medgar. Please let me go.” The girl was now shaking uncontrollably. Alysanne turned to her guards.

“Take the girl to the dungeon. I expect that King Aegon will want to see her.”

Her Myrish guards nodded and carried off the screaming girl. Alysanne turned to her other four guards. “The rest of you, come with me. We must warn the king.”

Elaena Tully
44 days AQD
King’s Landing

The Dornishman's wife was as fair as the sun,
and her kisses were warmer than spring.
But the Dornishman's blade was made of black steel,
and its kiss was a terrible thing.
The Dornishman's wife would sing as she bathed,
in a voice that was sweet as a peach,
But the Dornishman's blade had a song of its own,
and a bite sharp and cold as a leech.
As he lay on the ground with the darkness around,
and the taste of his blood on his tongue,
His brothers knelt by him and prayed him a prayer,
and he smiled and he laughed and he sung,
"Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done,
the Dornishman's taken my life,
But what does it matter, for all men must die,
and I've tasted the Dornishman's wife!”

Elaena laughed and clapped as the musicians played “The Dornishman’s Wife.” She watched from the high table as several drunken Dornishmen and women danced in the middle of the floor. To Elaena’s surprise several other high lords and ladies joined in.

Her brother Medgar had arrived earlier that morning and Aegon had commanded a feast in his honor. She hadn’t had much time to converse with her brother, and thought she would have time here at the feast, but she was wrong. During the entirety of the feast, she had sat beside Aegon and was forced to smile and laugh at bad jokes from older lords and compliments from their wives. Several times she had caught sight of men mentally undressing her. The prospect of being queen was finally starting to sink in, but Elaena still wasn’t ready to put up with this on a daily basis.

As the song came to an end and the drunken Dornishmen called out for more, Elaena caught sight of Aegon and Medgar leaving the feast. She hadn’t even noticed them get up to leave. She frowned slightly. What are they discussing? Elaena turned to one of Aegon’s sisters Daneys.

“I shall be back in a moment.” Elaena pushed back her chair and picked up the trail of her elegant blue gown. She carefully stepped down from the dais and tried to appear inconspicuous as she made her way out of the feast hall. She managed to dodge Daemon Velaryon and his wife Jeyne Manderly, and merely nodded at Lord Merser in order to make it out of the hall.

She stepped out of the garden and watched Medgar and Aegon conversing from afar. Their conversation seemed to be rather intense and Elaena decided it would be imprudent to interrupt. She didn’t have to wait long however, because a serving boy interrupted the pair with news for Aegon. Aegon’s seemed rather surprised and went off with the serving boy.

Elaena watched them leave and walked forward to speak to her brother. “What was that about?”

Medgar looked up from his contemplation. “The page said that a woman named Alysanne wanted to speak with the king.”

Elaena frowned. “Alysanne? Alysanne Velaryon? She’s in exile across the Narrow Sea. Aegon was telling me a few days ago that he had received correspondence from her. He has been debating letting her come home to take over as the Master of Whisperers. I don’t recall him sending anything back to her.”

Medgar shrugged. “Well it’s no problem of ours.” He looked down again.

Elaena frowned. “What’s wrong, brother? We’ve won the war. I’m going to be queen. The days of turmoil are over.”

Medgar kept his gaze on the ground. “I don’t expect that it will stay that way, Elaena.”

“Did Aegon say something to you?”

Medgar looked up at her. “I can’t say. Too many people around.”

Elaena looked behind her. Ever since she had come into the garden, a collection of retainers, lords, servants, and even musicians had followed her. She guessed they wanted to speak with the future queen of the realm. She motioned to a few of the Tully guards from the courtyard and then turned back to Medgar. “Then how about we go for a walk down to Blackwater Bay? It’s my favorite spot in the capital.”

Medgar sighed. “Very well.” The two siblings started off for the precipice overlooking the bay with the men-at-arms trailing behind them.

“What did the king tell you?”

Medgar sighed deeply. “He received a message from Mekar Targaryen. Mother left the Tyrells and rallied some of Edmyn’s men.” He paused. “Edmyn was freed three days ago.”

Elaena stopped in her tracks. “It can’t be.”

Medgar nodded solemnly. “I’m afraid that it is. They were last seen boarding a ship in Saltpans. Nobody knows where they are going.”

“We can’t let them escape. They could challenge your claim if we let them go unnoticed.”

“That’s not the worst of it. Aegon says that there is no love between Mother and Margaery. If they don’t support either claimant to the throne, they could be planning to declare Edmyn as king.”

Elaena bit her lip. “But they wouldn’t have any supporters, would they?”

Medgar shrugged. “Mother has a lot of gold. They could find allies in Essos.” He paused and stopped walking. He looked behind him. “Where did the guards go?”

Elaena stopped and looked behind her. None of the guards were following them. She could have sworn they were there a moment ago.

Medgar drew his sword. “Elaena get back to the feast. Tell someone that-” He cut off as a crossbow bolt hit Medgar straight in the chest. He grunted and fell to his knees. Elaena screamed.

Medgar tried to stand up, but another bolt hit him in the stomach. Elaena was frozen with shock and panic. “Another Targaryen falls!” she heard a gruff voice yell. She couldn’t pinpoint his position. They think Medgar is Aegon. They’re trying to kill the king. She knelt down next to Medgar and tried to stop the bleeding.

Medgar’s eyes began to shut. She slapped him square in the face. “You stay with me. Do you hear me?” But he was already gone. Elaena let out a shrill shriek. Moments later, a crossbow bolt struck her directly in her right shoulder.

Elaena grunted and looked down with shock at the blood seeping down the sleeve of her dress. In desperation, she pried the sword from her brother’s dead hands and took off running as fast as she could towards Blackwater Bay. If she was lucky, she could find some guard or merchant for aid.

Her attempts were futile, however, because a bolt struck her back and she slumped to the ground. She turned around to watch as a green cloaked bard from the feast emerged from the darkness. He hefted a crossbow and a sick grin was painted across his face. He loaded another crossbow bolt into his weapon and aimed in at Elaena’s heart.

“Your mother sends her deepest congratulations for your engagement.”

Elaena’s face burned with fury. Fire kindled within her and with a final ounce of strength, she lunged upward and planted her brother’s blade right in the man’s gut. His eyes widened and he fired his crossbow one last time before he crumpled to the ground in a pool of blood.

Elaena dropped the blade and looked down at her stomach. A crossbow bolt laid imbedded in her gut as crimson blood seeped out and gathered around her in a pool.

The fire in her had not died down and the blood still seeped from her wounds, but a certain truth brought her peace. Fire and blood. I am a Targaryen. Just like I always dreamed.

With one last gaze over Blackwater Bay, she thought she could see a ship sailing out from the docks. She smiled slightly and whispered, “Petyr.” She closed her eyes and let the warmth of her fire wash over her.

Did you read everything?: Yes
Time Zone: EST
#TFAE3.0 (Leave this here, this is for identifying apps. Do not remove.)

Accepted, welcome aboard!
To everyone else, that's the 2/3 app with a human percentage of 35%.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:36 pm

NS Nation Name: The Noldorin Realm of the Starlight
House Name: House Tarembor
House Banner: Image
Description of House: House Tarembor, oh, how the mighty have fallen. But this once mighty house still retains some of its power and glory. House Tarembor was one of the Great Houses of the Elven Empire, powerful, wealthy and regal. It was mainly comprised of Edalie for its lordship over various provinces. The house, in the latter days of the Empire, married into the royal Edalie house, House Telmera. And then, the Edalie-Drualie civil war occurred. The Empire was splintered divided. The current emperor, of House Telmera was murdered, along with all of his line, by Drualie separatists. While the Edalie led a hunt for their beloved Emperor's killers, the damage was done, House Telmera was no more. The only remnant of the royal line remained in House Tarembor, who fought bitterly with their Drualie kin. And then, Rahtis came. With a fury, his armies invaded the provinces of the elves, slaughtering any that they could. The fury of the elves was ignited, and their horns tore open the sky as their horses thundered to battle, their radiant banners, flying high. There were many a furious battle in the elven provinces, but the age of men had come. The elves fought valiantly, many to their last breath, but as men stole their daughters screaming, to rape and wed, House Tarembor finally bowed its head, and submitted to Rahtis. But always they remembered the burning ruins of their fair cities, the trees like torches blazing bright, for the elves had seen the strength of men and their brutality. And they never forgave. And they never forgot.

Vallorion is the one of the main refuges for most elves, along with dwarves. However, no orcs or goblins are allowed with its territories, and any seen will be escorted firmly off immediately or killed, due to the threat they possess.

What is House's view on the Empire?: House Tarembor needs the Empire for now, but have secret aspirations of helping along or reforming the Great Elven Empire. However, the House is certainly willing to secede, as every elf has a hatred of men, that one day, will be unveiled, and the elves shall take their revenge.

Description of Head of House : Lord Saerondr Tarembor, 40, Male, Elf
Lord Saerondr Tarembor took charge of the House after his father was slain by orcs. Seeking vengeance, Saerondr has enforced the laws of having no orcs or goblins on his territory. He is quite the swordsman, still being quite young for an elf, and gained experience against the orcs, so gaining an eye for strategy. In his free time, he paints and many of his works hang in his own halls, or in the halls of other lords. They speak of a long forgotten time, of the glory and might of the Edalie and their cities.
Description of Relevant House Members:
Lady Miren Tarembor, 39, Female: An elf as well, the Lady of House Tarembor is wise beyond her years, with piercing blue eyes and a beautiful figure. She is consulted by Saerondr in basically everything, and is the person he trusts most. But while she is wise, she is skilled with a sword as well.

Elvuldur Tarembor, 25, Male: The firstborn of Saerondr is his father's second in command. Though he is an excellent swordsman, he cares not for the arts or learning, unless they are tales or songs of battle. He is young, but he yearns for the day that the glory of the elves will be renewed in full, and when their horns shall ring and their banners shall be unfurled once again.

Irithren Tarembor, 24, Female: The scholar and musician of the house, Irithren is one of the most sought after women in the Empire. However, she prefers the company of her family, instruments and books and sword to young hotblooded males terribly singing poems under her window. She has sworn to herself never to wed a human, for a secret hatred of them, for what they have done to the elves.

Ellyn Tarembor, 20, Female: Dark-haired, Ellyn prefers intrigue above all else, soon becoming legend in the Empire as the Lady Mistress of Shadows. A believer in science, armed with numerous daggers, and a dark sword named Blackthorne, along with unbelievable agility, Ellyn is often unheard and is a master at melting into the shadows. She is cunning, and though she is of the Imperial Magistratium, her work is always to build towards the renewal of the elves and their power. Ellyn has a network of trusted spies, assassins and other intelligence gatherers throughout the Empire, in almost every realm, allowing House Tarembor to have great knowledge of the other realms.

Vilgaen Tarembor, 18, Male: Despite being the one of the youngest of the family, Vilgaen is the always cheerful member of the family, spending much of his time outdoors, having gained an affinity for art like his father.

Dalinar Tarembor, 18, Male: Dalinar is the slightly younger twin of Vilgaen, and the two are inseparable, playing pranks and spending time outdoors. Dalinar is also quite the musician.

Court Position Request: Ellyn Tarembor, Lady Mistress of Shadows
Seat of Power: The Castle of Mithrim, located in the City of Doriath, near the Lake Taren. It is a castle of silvery stone, tall and radiant. The banner of House Tarembor waves proudly, and its halls are warm, filled with song and joy. The hearth always blazes merrily here, and Saerondr's paintings also hang.

Realm Number: 9
Realm Name: Vallorion
Realm Description: Vallorion is a rich province, filled with the bounties of wine and vale. But it is also built with battle in mind, with strategic cities and fortress covering each of the borders. The west of the realm is mainly focused on maritime activities, due to Lake Taren, several rivers rivers and access to the sea. In the west of Vallorion lies Doriath, beside a rich valley and on the banks of Lake Taren. This was the capital of the Elven Empire, and it has passed the tests and trials of time, being one of the fairest cities in all Pandyssium, with its white stone and elven architecture. The north is ripe with rich mountains, a perfect place for the work of dwarves, and a buffer against any assault from the north. Elven patrols guard the passes, making sure that no enemy passes their borders. Below them are the plains, where most of Vallorion's agriculture products come from, along with their famous Vallorion wine. To the south is the Great Forest of Eralennon, one of the primary refuge of elves in the realm. Mournful elven songs can be heard on the whispering wind here, songs of the old days of glory and might, and of battle and honor. To the east are hills, between which many castles and forts built by the elves still lie, standing the test of time.
Capital City: Doriath, once the capital of the Elven Empire, is now the main city of House Tarembor. It rests in a rich valley, and grains, along with grapes can be spotted, dotting the countryside and the valley. Its wall is tall, carved with white stone, with elven runes, swirls and words twirling and running across it. The gate is strong, being forged by the dwarves, and the sigil of House Tarembor, along with the star of their goddess can be seen there. The city as a whole is fair, the elves devoting their time to creating fair things with either their hands, or with song and instrument.
Population: 3,000,000
Race Composition (Percentage of each sentient race): 65% Elves, 20% Dwarves, 15% Humans
Status of the races other than men: Elves, men and dwarves are treated equally, due to the ruling House being Elvish. Dwarves are in high demand for their unique skills, along with elves. Orcs and goblins are killed on sight.
Majority Religion: (Minorities of other two will exist.) As there is an Edalie majority in Vallorion, the Faith is not the majority religion here. Instead, it is the ancient Elven religion, called Illuvatanism. The elves believe that a being, named Eru Illuvatar created the elves. Then, having spent much of his power in creating them, Illuvatar's last act was to split himself into two beings, two goddesses, which the elves now worship. The first, Eluthiel, Goddess of Knowledge, the Hearth and Honor. Eluthiel guides them, and the great Elven library in Doriath is devoted to her. Eluthiel also protects those who are honorable in battle, but scorns the cowards and cruel. Eluthiel is also the mother of the elves, being the goddess of the Hearth. The second goddess was Tulerena, Goddess of the Stars. She created all the stars which the elves love and adore, and so, they worship and honor Tulerena.
Description of the people and culture: The people of Vallorion are generally friendly to most visitors. Honor and glory are the most important details to them, and any who are dishonorable will be scorned. Though they seem calm at most times, an insult to their family or honor will result in their fury being ignited.
  • Exports:
    -Agricultural Products
    -Fruits
    -Armor
    -Metal
    -Wine, which is very famous throughout Pandyssium. This is perhaps Vallorion's greatest export.
    -Precious metals
    -Crafted items, like musical instruments and toys
  • Imports:
    -Ink
    -Salt
    -Horses
    -Leather
    -Wood
Major Cities (max six):
City of Nevrast, to the far west, mostly focused on trade
Windfall, near Doriath
Dolaras, to the north
Telren
Himring, in the Great Forest of Eralennon
Major Citadels/Fortresses (max six):
Castle Sirion
Citadel Elrund
Fort Valkun
Fort Amroth
Fort Varlun
Military Description:
The army of Vallorion brings back memories of the glory days of the Elven Empire. Garbed in blue, silver and gold, their pennants fly high, and as battle begins, the great horns are sounded. The army is predominately of Elves, with 35,000 of them, mostly armed with long curved swords and spears, along with huge longbows. 15,000 Dwarves are also in the army, predominately wielding mattocks, hammers and crossbows. 10,000 Men make up the rest of the army, wielding all sorts of weapons. The navy is comprised of medium sized vessels.
Strengths/Weaknesses:
Strengths:
-Strong infantry
-Excellent archers
-Good for both defense and attack
-Well equipped

Weakness:
-Little too no cavalry
-Difference in fighting styles for each race may lead to low cohesion
-Navy is predominately of Merchant vessels
  • Total Numbers
    Military: 52,000 Members
    Navy: 13 ships
  • Navy
    -3 Ships: These ships are Dalinar's personal navy, and patrol the waters of the realm.
    -10 Ships: The rest of the navy, these ships are captained by former army members, now living as merchants.
  • Army
    -20,000 Elven Longswords: These elves, girded in blue, silver and gold plate armor wield long, slightly curved elven swords and shields on their backs.
    -8,000 Elven Spears: These elves, also in blue, silver and gold plate armor, wield spears and kite-shaped shields. They are excellent in defense and against cavalry.
    -500 Elvish Lancers: These elves ride on horseback, and are expert riders, wielding lances and swords.
    -100 Elvish Horse Archers: These elves ride quickly on horseback, able to fire their longbows quickly and withdraw.
    -6,400 Elvish Heavy Archers: These elves wield both swords and huge elven longbows, being able to use both skillfully. They wear medium plate armor as well, firing distances longer than most humans. They also serve as Wardens of the Realm
    -10,000 Dwarven Infantry: These dwarves wield swords and axes
    -4,000 Dwarven Hammers: Dwarves, wielding hammers and mattocks
    -1,000 Dwarven Crossbows: These dwarves use crossbows, effective only at medium to long distances.
    -6,000 Infantry: Comprised of men, this unit uses all kinds of melee weapons, being separated into smaller units depending on their weapons
    -4,000 Archers This unit, also comprised of men, use bows well, but not as well as the Elvish heavy archers.
Other:
Theme Song: Blackheart- Two Steps from Hell and the Shire theme
RP Sample: I'm the OP
Did you read everything?: Y
Time Zone: EST
Last edited by The Starlight on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:54 pm

NS Nation Name: Annihilators of Chan Island

House Name: House Tellegara

House Banner: http://static2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/11 ... 651610.jpg

Description of House: When Titus Rahtis first began his conquest of Pandyssium, his first target was the lands of Deon ruled by Aaron Tellegara. Yet no fighting occurred. Aaron Tellegara was enraptured by the vision and ideals of Titus Rahtis and joined wholeheartedly. For many years, Aaron Tellegara and Titus Rahtis fought side by side conquering the realms, shedding much blood and bringing ruin to many, but also bringing about lasting peace and a deep, deep bond between the royal house and the house of the second.
Ever since, House Tellegara has proved time and again to be the most honorable, steadfast and loyal major House in all the realm to the Empire. Even as Emperor Silus drank himself to death, Drake Tellegara II foiled multiple assassination plots, put down rebellions and tried his very best to keep Pandyssium together. Even as the Empire begins to crumble and fall into into its component pieces, House Tellegara liberally applies the glue of blood necessary to keep the great vision that so enraptures them a reality. Even as the succession crisis unfolds and Empress Cassyndra proves to be a useless ruler, if all else fails the Rahtises always know they can count on House Tellegara to stand before them, swords drawn, shielding them from whatever harm may wish to come their way....

What is House's view on the Empire?: Fanatically loyal to the Empire and will never give up on it. If the Empire falls, then it was because House Tellegara didn't fight hard enough!

Head of House: Name: Duke Belrond Garcius Tellegara, 62 year old male human. He is the second born son of Talbot and Mellisandre Tellegara, although sadly his older brother died when only 14 years of age. He is as loyal as his forefathers and values honor, duty and faith more than anything. He has spent his life at the court, doing everything in his power to better the interests of 2 Emperors. He has had extensive battlefield experience, having fought for the Empire on numerous occasions, although he has suffered a worrying amount of defeats as well as victories in battle. He is clever, but not the cleverest man in the room. He has in other words been an average steward: mediocre at everything and master at nothing.
As a person he is polite but guarded and insecure. Some enemies of the Empire whisper that maybe the truth of the Empire has slowly been seeping into his mind, but more likely is that he has become weary of leadership and weary of having to spend his whole life having to advise and fight for such a dismal line of Emperors.
In recent times he has played a significant role in the crisis. Having watched, to his horror, the death of the late emperor, he feels an especially firm sense of duty to ensure the Empire survives this difficult time. He recognizes Cassyndra as Empress, as is lawful, alas if only for that reason. The empress, her mother and several more distant family members currently reside in Castle Deon, the home castle of the Tellegaras.

Description of Relevant House Members: Emerald Whitefort. 58 year old female. She is the wife of Belrond and the mother of his three children. When the two were married some 35 years ago, she came from a proud vassal house in the lands of the Tellegaras, however a series of has extinguished all but her. Her lands have been subsumed into the Tellegara control and she often grieves for the terrible loss all on sides she has suffered. Despite such sadness in her life and family line, she has been stoic, often providing Belrond a level-headed commentary in difficult times for the greater good of all.

Garcias Sigmund Tellegara, 23 year old male. There is something profoundly amiss with the first-born son of Belrond and Emerald. Wether it is his malicious smile, his constant lying or the occasional dagger in the back, many know on sight that Garcias is ambitious, ruthless and profoundly egotistical. Although young, he has already proven himself to be far more cunning and dishonorable than has ever been seen in a Tellegara. While an excellent warrior and an incredibly skilled orator, capable of building alliances of convenience with almost anyone, some whisper that the ascension of Garcias to the throne of Castle Deon will be the final nail on the coffin of the Empire... and for the first time in history, they probably have a Tellegara who will be happy to do it!

Fremolia Alia Tellegara, 20 year old female. Fremolia has inherited her mother's profound sense of stoicism and reason in the face of misfortune. She is, like almost all Tellegaras still fanatically loyal to the empire, but does not believe that violence is necessarily the way to go about it. She has proven to be a brilliant diplomat ever since the age of 15 when she negotiated a truce between the Empire and a small rebellion. As a woman, she has no formal weapons training, although she is perfectly capable of swinging a sword and operating a crossbow if the need should arise. Many Imperial loyalists believe that she, instead of Garcias, should become the next Duke of Deon.

Aelorn Rento Tellegara, 18 year old male. In a better time, Aelorn Tellegara would have joined the priesthood. However, times have been rough and the Empire needs it's most loyal visionaries and servants more than ever. He has been given extensive arms training, although he has no natural talent at it. He has been spending his late teenage years ping-pong balling between important politics and local monasteries. He is known to very much disapprove of his brother ever since childhood and they often argue. Some say he is the opposite of Garcias incarnate: where Garcias is arrogant, Aelorn is humble. Where Garcias celebrates the victory in battle, Aelorn mourns the dead. Where Garcias drinks, laughs and discreetly slips poison into an expendable's drink, Aelorn is quiet, thought-provoking and pleasant in that warm glow kind of way.

Kevin Tellegara, 59 year old male. Brother of Belrond. Many have seen him as a spare wheel for Belrond, not as good and almost the same in every single way. Except for the fact that Kevin happens to win more battles with his famed cavalry charges.

Tyler Tellegara, 35 year old male. Only child of Kevin. In many ways seen as the archetypical Tellegara, with a huge emphasis on honor.

Court Position Request: Belrond: High Steward.

Garcias: Council member/ Chamberlain 1

Tyler: Blade member

Important: The details listed below are doubled from usual as the Tellegaras are the current Imperial stewards and as such control the Emperor's crown lands. All Italicized assets will be invalid when and if I lose the Stewardship.
On the Map, all lands of the Tellegaras are on the Northern Side of the River in Realm 5, all Crownlands are on the South Side.

Seat of Power: The Imperial City, an Island on the Pandyssium river.
City of Deon, a city on the bay coast.

Realm Number: 5
Realm Name: Imperial Heartlands
Realm Description: Flat plains and rolling hills. To the coasts there are often large sandy beaches, and to the North-West is a very large marsh. A few lone mountains poke out of the ground at times, but only very rarely.

Capital City: The Imperial City
Deon.
Population: 5 million
2 million
Race Composition (Percentage of each sentient race): 75% Men, 10% Ork (concentrated to the North-West), 10% Elves (concentrated to the cities), 5% all other races (as the Imperial Heartlands, many ambitious folk immigrate to make their fortunes there).
Status of the races other than men: All Races are considered citizens. State discrimination in theory does not happen as the loyalty of the individual to the Empire is more important than their race, although in practice other races often find themselves becoming poorer than the humans.
Majority Religion: (Minorities of other two will exist.): The Faith.
Description of the people and culture: The peoples in the Realm of the Imperial Heartlands are used to being at the centre of power. As such, people from here tend to be arrogant and decadent. They are not stupid though and are fully prepared to tolerate the costs of being at the top. As such military training in basic hand-to-hand combat and archery is compulsory, however the majority of the people find loopholes to avoid all that and as such never before have the Heartlands been so untrained in the ways of war. Heartlanders are also well-known for their exceptional work-ethic, as they strive in that most important aspect to be better - and therefore more deserving of continuing power- than everyone else.
Description of Economy (Include major imports/exports): As both a central region in the Empire and the seat of power, the Heartlands are prosperous due to trade. However, the Heartlands themselves are not notable for much in the way of tradable goods themselves.
  • Exports: Basic Foodstuffs
    Wine
    Fish
    Educated people such as scholars, musicians and paladins.
  • Imports: Weapons and armor
    Wood
    Stone
    Luxury goods such as gems, spices and narcotics
    Population, lots and lots of population.

Major Cities (max six): Deon, a large port city on the Northern shores of the river. Large and bustling, this city has long prospered even in the days of the Elven empire. It has the seat of Tellegara power, Castle Deon, overlooking it on an imposing hill.
    Grey Watch, the city separating realms 8 and 7. Moderately prosperous port town, although the inland areas are mostly poor and useless marshes. It is a strong fortress in itself though, with Fort Harcasonne just 1 mile to the east of the city.
    Morrensval'kir, to call this a ''city'' is to be generous. This city is in fact 55% ork populated and situated slap-bang in the middle of the North-Western marshes. While it only has about 25000 living in the city, its extreme isolation does mean that it in practice controls a huge swathe of land... even if it's all bogs.
    Nerred, this city is famous for housing the Imperial university, responsible for churning out many of the Empire's best and brightest for centuries.
    Tevlorn, this city is a curious case to behold. It has a large population but nothing in particular that points to why there is such a large population there. Some scholars argue that it was once the proud capital of the Eleven Empire, explaining in part perhaps why the city seems so unusually large.
    Falstaff, this city sits to the east of the lands of Deon, near the border of realm 9.
    Imperial City, this island city was the original capital of Titus Rahtis. It is from here where the Rahtis dynasty has been ruling Pandyssium for the past centuries.
    Tusken's Dale a city sitting on the extreme south of Realm 5, on the borders of both realms 4 and 6. It has become famous for its exceptional wine.
    Riverfork City. As the name suggests, it sits on the point where two rivers meet. Very close to the border of Realm 6, its walls have recently been perilously weakened by water erosion.
    Gregantum This city has an old history in the North-East. It is notable that it was the first city that Titus Rahtis ever conquered by force. At the time an elven place, some say as many as 30000 Elves were massacred in 3 days after the Empire took it. Since then, the population has been forcibly replaced by a large number of humans and is now barely recognizable as a once-Elf city.

Major Citadels/Fortresses (max six): Tellegara Forts: Castle Deon. Seat of power.
    Fort Hofflespire, in the far northern border with realm 9.
    Gregar's Sinkhole Citadel. It sits on the southern extremes of the marshes. A ridiculously huge and imposing fort build just 120 years ago, it is said it was built so tall so that it could be a viable fort in 1000 years. For now though it just looks impractically huge, is strategically questionable sinks a centimeter or so per year into the marsh and is often a symbol for the decadence of realm 5.
    Fort Tombeur. An old fort that currently has to have the many tears in its walls sealed by wooden palisade.
    Fort Harcasonne. Square fort with no central keep just 1 mile away from the city of Grey Watch.

Magrick's Holdfast: This fort was built by Emperor Silus to better ensure his supply of wine and his safety.
    Old Lonely Bastion: A single large stone tower occupying a hill at the coast. Originally built as a lighthouse, the Old Lonely Bastion has been severely fortified and is primarily designed to repel invaders from the sea.
    Frequonter Fort, an island fort in the middle of the river. There is a reason Realm 5 has not been invaded by sea! This fort sits high above the water, with a view from coast to coast and a lot of water. That said, the view of nothing but water and the close confines of the fort mean that soldiers stationed here only stay garrisoned for periods of 2 months to ensure their continuing sanity!
    Fort Hilemnor. An unremarkable medium sized thing in the NorthEast of the Crownlands.

Military Description: The military of Deon and the Imperial Crownlands are as you might expect from such an area. The troops are usually highly trained very strong soldiers who are capable of winning battles with superior numbers.
    That said, a weakness has been descending on the area. Never before has Realm 5 felt so weak. 20% of the Imperial troops have joined the High Lord Militant on his claim. More and more people are resisting the calls to arms. Less and less people care.

Strengths: Good cavalry
    Good elite soldiers
    Impressive siege record

Weaknesses: Massively spread out across the Empire (troops from realm 5 collect taxes, put down rebellions etc... )
    Low Morale
    Terrible Leadership

• Total Numbers: 100000
    • Navy: 80 ships
      30 ships

The 35 ships of the Royal Navy, which vary from galleys to caravels, have all been placed under the command of the Steward.

10 ships: the navy of Deon itself comprises of converted merchant ships hurriedly confiscated during the beginning of the crisis.
    • Army

- Imperial: 30000. Actual Deon, 12000 Infantry
    - 5000 orc infantry
    - Imperial: 10000. Actual Deon, 4000 knights
    -Imperial: 26000. Actual Deon, 10000 archers
    - Imperial: 5000. Actual Deon, 2300 Crossbowmen
    -Imperial: 29000. Actual Deon, 11700 Watchmen (basically police officers. Stay static as a garrison.)

Other: Nope
RP Sample:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=320090

Did you read everything?: Yes.
[b]Time Zone: GMT-0
#TFAE3.0 (Leave this here, this is for identifying apps. [b]Do not remove.
)
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Urgh. I want to join this, but I'm involved in so many other RPs that I need to post for...
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:56 pm

NS Nation Name: Neo-Assyrian Empire
House Name: House of Thezardül (Alternatively: Tessarduul or Thezarduul)
House Banner: Banner of Thezardül
Description of House: The House of Thezardül is older than the Empire itself. It was once the third dynasty of the Orcish Kingdom of Szog'dar, seizing control after the Zelgo'zar Dynasty died out after only 56 years in power. The Thezardül Dynasty was not in control for the Kingdom for long, as it was only 10 years after their rise to power that the Pandyssians invaded. Despite fighting against the Empire, the family remained in power after the Kingdom was annexed around 450 years ago. Despite its Orcish origins, years of interbreeding has turned the family into a hybrid of Men and Orcs.

Even though the House is a hybrid one, it does not stop them from practicing old Orcish customs. The House prays to the old Gods, paying special tribute to Hêzgol'dán, the God of Forges and Fire.
What is House's view on the Empire?: The Thezardül view the Empire highly, even though the house has had aspirations to break away from the Empire since it was first annexed.
Description of Head of House: The current lord is Io'szon Thezardül, a 41 year-old Male Orc-Man hybrid. He is tall, standing at 6 feet, 6 inches, with short black hair and a long, equally-black beard. His skin is a pale grey, while his eyes are a dark blue. He is also skilled with a war hammer through his time as a captain within the Realm's military. He has not been a lord for long, only being crowned after his father, Al'szon, died last year. He is married to Lady Darszen'a, a fellow Orc-Man hybrid.
- Lady Darszen'a Thezardül, a 33 year-old Orc-Man hybrid and the wife of Io'zson
- Yldor Nezhebal, a 51 year-old Dwarf. He was an adviser to Al'szon, and now aids Io'szon
- Beznam Rolden'thül, a 31 year-old Orc who is the chief of security for the family
Court Position Request: None applicable
Seat of Power: (Name, location.) Drezn'a-Sül, a palace that once held the Dynasties of the Szog'dar Kingdom located in Vakhal'dor. Vakhal'dor is located in the mountains just to the south of Bezhalvar, the river that separates the province.

Realm Number: 6
Realm Name: Szalen'dar (Translates roughly to "The Land of Metal")
Realm Description: Szalen'dar is a very mountainous region, famous for its towering peaks and metal-rich hills. The only problem is that there is very little arable land. Because of this, not many settled there. It is a temperate region, though temperatures can be extreme in the summer and winter.
Capital City: Vakhal'dor
Population: 567,000
Race Composition: 41% Men, 32% Orc, 25% Dwarf, 2% Other (Elves, Goblins, Hybrids, etc)
Status of the races other than men: Due to the fact that the other races make up 59% of the Realm's population, most races are treated as equals to men. However, due to their malevolent nature, Goblins do not hold equal rights and are often treated as inferior beings.
Majority Religion: The Faith
Description of the people and culture: The people of Szalen'dar, culturally, are disunited. The Orcs, Dwarves, and Men all adhere to their own beliefs, though rarely ever impose them on others. Despite their cultural differences, they stand united when it comes to important issues for the Realm. When it comes to professions, most of the inhabitants of Szalen'dar have four options: Become a miner, a forger, a soldier, or a merchant. Due to the lack of arable land and the plentiful stone hills, these are the only jobs one can get.

The actual appearance of a Szalen'dar inhabitant varies from race to race. For men, their hair is typically brown, with pale skin and blue eyes. Men stand at 5 feet, 10 inches, while their female counterparts are typically 5 feet, 8 inches. For Orcs, their hair is usually pitch-black, their eyes blood-red, and their skin a dark grey. Orcish Men stand at 6 feet, 4 inches while Orcish females stand around 6 feet. As for the dwarves, it is common to have orange hair, dark brown eyes and pale skin. Dwarven men and women stand at 4 feet, 6 inches.

They all also speak a common language, Szogen'thüm, an ancient Orcish language once spoken throughout the entire Kingdom of Szog'dar. Since, it has become a regional language. Outside of this, most races speak in their own tongues.
Description of Economy: The economy was never strong for the Realm. Most trade is conducted between neighboring realms.
  • Exports
    - Arms
    - Armor
    - Metals
    - Leather
    - Tools
  • Imports:
    - Foodstuffs
    - Ales & Wines
    - Livestock
Major Cities:
- Vakhal'dor
- Senalzuldor, a city located along the Northern Coast. Home to a large Dwarven population
- Renl'tandor, located along the border with the Pandyssians on the banks of the Bezhalvar. Commonly referred to as Renalshire by its large Human population.
Major Citadels/Fortresses:
- Hel'tendal, located along the borders of Realm 9
- Vakhal'dal, located in the mountains around Vakhal'dor

Military Description: The military of Szalen'dar, despite being one of the least organized, is renowned for its weapons and armor. Its armor (Standard and Heavy) are easily recognizable on the battlefield and provide plenty of protection for those who wear it, though the wearer must sacrifice mobility for protection. Their weapons are forged from some of the finest steel in the Empire, creating a fine weapon that is nearly perfect for the battlefield. Their weapons, much like their armor, sacrifice movement for strength. Many of the Szalen'dar weapons are two handed weapons intended to kill the enemy with a single, heavy strike.

This protection is needed when the military is very disorganized. Most refuse to listen to orders, only going with gut decisions. This can be good, as there are tales where these instincts have allowed the Realm to win another battle. More often than not, though, this ignorance leads to the death of those involved.

Strengths
- Fighting on uneven terrain, such as hills and mountains
- Well-crafted arms and armor
Weaknesses
- Naval combat
- The forces of the House are known to lack discipline, causing some disruptions on the battlefield. (i.e they do not listen to orders, which could mean the difference between a great victory and a massacre)

• Total Numbers: 20,000 (That is the number of citizens ready to serve in the military and have received basic training. The number of standing forces tend to only be 5-10% of this number at any given time)
  • Navy: 250-500 Sailors standing, 5,000 Sailors ready to serve, with 20 Vessels overall
    - 2 are official vessels, mostly being used for ceremonial purposes (i.e the Lord's private vessel and the primary vessel of the navy)
    - 18 are unofficial vessels that are rented out from various sources during wartime.
  • Army:750-1,500 Soldiers standing, up to 15,000 ready to serve
    - 5,000 Light infantry
    - 2,500 Heavy Infantry
    - 2,500 Archers
    - 1,500 Siege Forces (i.e Catapults & Trebuchets)
    - 3,500 Defenders (Usually standard infantry stationed in forts during a conflict in case of a major counter-offensive by the other side)
Other: Nothing else, really
RP Sample: Here's a link, since putting it in a spoiler screws up the tags
Time Zone: CST
Last edited by Neo-Assyrian Empire on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Urgh. I want to join this, but I'm involved in so many other RPs that I need to post for...

Join!
You can post for Gaea and LOTR later!
Call me Star

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:These apps take a while don't they? I'm definitely not finished... I'll get back to this tomorrow.

NS Nation Name: Annihilators of Chan Island
House Name: House Tellegara
House Banner: http://static2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/11 ... 651610.jpg
Description of House: When Titus Rahtis first began his conquest of Pandyssium, his first target was the lands of Deon ruled by Aaron Tellegara. Yet no fighting occurred. Aaron Tellegara was enraptured by the vision and ideals of Titus Rahtis and joined wholeheartedly. For many years, Aaron Tellegara and Titus Rahtis fought side by side conquering the realms, shedding much blood and bringing ruin to many, but also bringing about lasting peace and a deep, deep bond between the royal house and the house of the second.
Ever since, House Tellegara has proved time and again to be the most honorable, steadfast and loyal major House in all the realm to the Empire. Even as Emperor Silus drank himself to death, Drake Tellegara II foiled multiple assassination plots, put down rebellions and tried his very best to keep Pandyssium together. Even as the Empire begins to crumble and fall into into its component pieces, House Tellegara liberally applies the glue of blood necessary to keep the great vision that so enraptures them a reality. Even as the succession crisis unfolds and Empress Cassyndra proves to be a useless ruler, if all else fails the Rahtises always know they can count on House Tellegara to stand before them, swords drawn, shielding them from whatever harm may wish to come their way....

What is House's view on the Empire?: Fanatically loyal to the Empire and will never give up on it. If the Empire falls, then it was because House Tellegara didn't fight hard enough!
Head of House: Name: Duke Belrond Garcius Tellegara, 62 year old male human. He is the second born son of Talbot and Mellisandre Tellegara, although sadly his older brother died when only 14 years of age. He is as loyal as his forefathers and values honor, duty and faith more than anything. He has spent his life at the court, doing everything in his power to better the interests of 2 Emperors. He has had extensive battlefield experience, having fought for the Empire on numerous occasions, although he has suffered a worrying amount of defeats as well as victories in battle. He is clever, but not the cleverest man in the room. He has in other words been an average steward: mediocre at everything and master at nothing.
As a person he is polite but guarded and insecure. Some enemies of the Empire whisper that maybe the truth of the Empire has slowly been seeping into his mind, but more likely is that he has become weary of leadership and weary of having to spend his whole life having to advise and fight for such a dismal line of Emperors.
In recent times he has played a significant role in the crisis. Having watched, to his horror, the death of the late emperor, he feels an especially firm sense of duty to ensure the Empire survives this difficult time. He recognizes Cassyndra as Empress, as is lawful, alas if only for that reason. The empress, her mother and several more distant family members currently reside in Castle Deon, the home castle of the Tellegaras.

Description of Relevant House Members: Emerald Whitefort. 58 year old female. She is the wife of Belrond and the mother of his three children. When the two were married some 35 years ago, she came from a proud vassal house in the lands of the Tellegaras, however a series of has extinguished all but her. Her lands have been subsumed into the Tellegara control and she often grieves for the terrible loss all on sides she has suffered. Despite such sadness in her life and family line, she has been stoic, often providing Belrond a level-headed commentary in difficult times for the greater good of all.

Garcias Tellegara, 23 year old male. There is something profoundly amiss with the first-born son of Belrond and Emerald. Wether it is his malicious smile, his constant lying or the occasional dagger in the back, many know on sight that Garcias is ambitious, ruthless and profoundly egotistical. Although young, he has already proven himself to be far more cunning and dishonorable than has ever been seen in a Tellegara. While an excellent warrior and an incredibly skilled orator, capable of building alliances of convenience with almost anyone, some whisper that the ascension of Garcias to the throne of Castle Deon will be the final nail on the coffin of the Empire... and for the first time in history, they probably have a Tellegara who will be happy to do it!

Fremolia Tellegara, 20 year old female. Fremolia has inherited her mother's profound sense of stoicism and reason in the face of misfortune. She is, like almost all Tellegaras still fanatically loyal to the empire, but does not believe that violence is necessarily the way to go about it. She has proven to be a brilliant diplomat ever since the age of 15 when she negotiated a truce between the Empire and a small rebellion. As a woman, she has no formal weapons training, although she is perfectly capable of swinging a sword and operating a crossbow if the need should arise. Many Imperial loyalists believe that she, instead of Garcias, should become the next Duke of Deon.

Aelorn Tellegara, 18 year old male. In a better time, Aelorn Tellegara would have joined the priesthood. However, times have been rough and the Empire needs it's most loyal visionaries and servants more than ever. He has been given extensive arms training, although he has no natural talent at it. He has been spending his late teenage years ping-pong balling between important politics and local monasteries. He is known to very much disapprove of his brother ever since childhood and they often argue. Some say he is the opposite of Garcias incarnate: where Garcias is arrogant, Aelorn is humble. Where Garcias celebrates the victory in battle, Aelorn mourns the dead. Where Garcias drinks, laughs and discreetly slips poison into an expendable's drink, Aelorn is quiet, thought-provoking and pleasant in that warm glow kind of way.

Kevin Tellegara, 59 year old male. Brother of Belrond. Many have seen him as a spare wheel for Belrond, not as good and almost the same in every single way. Except for the fact that Kevin happens to win more battles with his famed cavalry charges.

Court Position Request: Belrond: High Steward.

Garcias: Council member/ Chamberlain 1

Seat of Power: City of Deon, a city on the bay coast.

Realm Number: 5
Realm Name: Imperial Heartlands
Realm Description: Flat plains. [/b]
Capital City:
Population: (Be realistic)
Race Composition (Percentage of each sentient race):
Status of the races other than men:
Majority Religion: (Minorities of other two will exist.)
Description of the people and culture:
  • Exports:
  • Imports:
Major Cities (max six):
Major Citadels/Fortresses (max six):

Military Description:

Strengths/Weaknesses: (Must have several of both)
  • Total Numbers
  • Navy
  • Army

Other:
RP Sample: (Post in spoiler, unless you were in TSAE 2.0, then you don't need to do this.
Did you read everything?:
Time Zone:

21. Realm 5 is the Province of Pandyssium itself, ruled by the Imperial Family, thus it stands without Rulership. Those who apply for realm 5 will be a House that has been raised up as stewards until there is a monarch, but will you relinquish your power?

Keep this in mind.
Call me Star

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:00 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Urgh. I want to join this, but I'm involved in so many other RPs that I need to post for...

Join!

I've also got 2 (well 1, since I've given up on the other) GoT RPs to post for on top for Gaea and LOTR. And it's past midnight here.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Lol so how are we on claimed lands?
[/floatright][floatleft]

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Join!

I've also got 2 (well 1, since I've given up on the other) GoT RPs to post for on top for Gaea and LOTR. And it's past midnight here.

Well, tomorrow's fine then. But I'm warning you, there's still quite a few people from To Shred an Empire 2.0 who haven't shown up yet, so reserve a realm.
New Roman Empire wrote:Lol so how are we on claimed lands?

Why the lol?
If we need more, I can draw something up with Paint to make a bigger map.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:05 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Well, tomorrow's fine then. But I'm warning you, there's still quite a few people from To Shred an Empire 2.0 who haven't shown up yet, so reserve a realm.

Why the lol?

I'll reserve 2 then. If that's taken then I'll have 3.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:08 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Well, tomorrow's fine then. But I'm warning you, there's still quite a few people from To Shred an Empire 2.0 who haven't shown up yet, so reserve a realm.

Why the lol?

I'll reserve 2 then. If that's taken then I'll have 3.

Realm 2 is yours.
Call me Star

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:49 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Why the lol?

Cause I cant wait to kick it off lol
[/floatright][floatleft]

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:12 pm

I apperciate the work you have put in creating this roleplay, it is indeed something you should be proud of creating such a unique concept.

However I was wondering if it is possible to reserve region 11 as I create my application.

On another note, I was wondering in regards of the population of your realm, may I create something with the culture/template of the '' Necropolis '' alignment from a old game ( Heroes of Might and Magic if you know of that ) I am well aware there must be men involved, so I will adjust it accordingly. Just wondering if this sort of thing is fine by you.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:17 pm

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia wrote:I apperciate the work you have put in creating this roleplay, it is indeed something you should be proud of creating such a unique concept.

However I was wondering if it is possible to reserve region 11 as I create my application.

On another note, I was wondering in regards of the population of your realm, may I create something with the culture/template of the '' Necropolis '' alignment from a old game ( Heroes of Might and Magic if you know of that ) I am well aware there must be men involved, so I will adjust it accordingly. Just wondering if this sort of thing is fine by you.

Thanks, but I'm just rebooting this. Most of this was not made by me.
I'm afraid that I don't know, but we'll see, I guess.
11 is pretty big, so you would have at least 2 million.
Realm 11 is reserved for you.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:24 pm

The Starlight wrote:
The Soviet Union of Mother Russia wrote:I apperciate the work you have put in creating this roleplay, it is indeed something you should be proud of creating such a unique concept.

Thanks, but I'm just rebooting this. Most of this was not made by me.

Ah I see, but in any regards that you started this series is a kind act. I got in abit late to the last reboot, so I apperciate that it was rebooted once more.

Anyway to summarize it, the Necropolis gig is about, as the name implies, death. So I was wondering if with your permission, I could create a realm where this set of races, and undead was in a majority, then the ethnic humans. Hope this is not too spicey for your taste, but I am not trying to become the cliché bad guy, just trying to diverse the etchinity of the realms.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:00 pm

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Thanks, but I'm just rebooting this. Most of this was not made by me.

Ah I see, but in any regards that you started this series is a kind act. I got in abit late to the last reboot, so I apperciate that it was rebooted once more.

Anyway to summarize it, the Necropolis gig is about, as the name implies, death. So I was wondering if with your permission, I could create a realm where this set of races, and undead was in a majority, then the ethnic humans. Hope this is not too spicey for your taste, but I am not trying to become the cliché bad guy, just trying to diverse the etchinity of the realms.

I'm afraid that I don't think that the former Emperor would have allowed this house to stand. However, you could add in a very small proportion of undead to your app, if you would like. Because it would have to be a very powerful mage who was able to curse thousands, if not millions of people to become undead. So I'm afraid it'll have to be a very, very small minority.
Call me Star

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Description of House: The House of Thezardül is older than the Empire itself. It was once the third dynasty of the Orcish Kingdom of Szog'dar, seizing control after the Zelgo'zar Dynasty died out after only 56 years in power. The Thezardül Dynasty was not in control for the Kingdom for long, as it was only 10 years after their rise to power that the Pandyssians invaded. Despite fighting against the Empire, the family remained in power after the Kingdom was annexed around 450 years ago. Despite its Orcish origins, years of interbreeding has turned the family into a hybrid of Men and Orcs.

Even though the House is a hybrid one, it does not stop them from practicing old Orcish customs. The House prays to the old Gods, paying special tribute to Hêzgol'dán, the God of Forges and Fire.
What is House's view on the Empire?: The Thezardül view the Empire highly, even though the house has had aspirations to break away from the Empire since it was first annexed.
Description of Head of House: The current lord is Io'szon Thezardül, a 41 year-old Male Orc-Man hybrid. He is tall, standing at 6 feet, 6 inches, with short black hair and a long, equally-black beard. His skin is a pale grey, while his eyes are a dark blue. He is also skilled with a war hammer through his time as a captain within the Realm's military. He has not been a lord for long, only being crowned after his father, Al'szon, died last year. He is married to Lady Darszen'a, a fellow Orc-Man hybrid.
- Lady Darszen'a Thezardül, a 33 year-old Orc-Man hybrid and the wife of Io'zson
- Yldor Nezhebal, a 51 year-old Dwarf. He was an adviser to Al'szon, and now aids Io'szon
- Beznam Rolden'thül, a 31 year-old Orc who is the chief of security for the family
Seat of Power: (Name, location.) Drezn'a-Sül, a palace that once held the Dynasties of the Szog'dar Kingdom located in Vakhal'dor. Vakhal'dor is located in the mountains just to the south of Bezhalvar, the river that separates the province.

Realm Description: Szalen'dar is a very mountainous region, famous for its towering peaks and metal-rich hills. The only problem is that there is very little arable land. Because of this, not many settled there. It is a temperate region, though temperatures can be extreme in the summer and winter.
Race Composition: 41% Men, 32% Orc, 25% Dwarf, 2% Other (Elves, Goblins, Hybrids, etc)
Status of the races other than men: Due to the fact that the other races make up 59% of the Realm's population, most races are treated as equals to men. However, due to their malevolent nature, Goblins do not hold equal rights and are often treated as inferior beings.
Description of the people and culture: The people of Szalen'dar, culturally, are disunited. The Orcs, Dwarves, and Men all adhere to their own beliefs, though rarely ever impose them on others. Despite their cultural differences, they stand united when it comes to important issues for the Realm. When it comes to professions, most of the inhabitants of Szalen'dar have four options: Become a miner, a forger, a soldier, or a merchant. Due to the lack of arable land and the plentiful stone hills, these are the only jobs one can get.

The actual appearance of a Szalen'dar inhabitant varies from race to race. For men, their hair is typically brown, with pale skin and blue eyes. Men stand at 5 feet, 10 inches, while their female counterparts are typically 5 feet, 8 inches. For Orcs, their hair is usually pitch-black, their eyes blood-red, and their skin a dark grey. Orcish Men stand at 6 feet, 4 inches while Orcish females stand around 6 feet. As for the dwarves, it is common to have orange hair, dark brown eyes and pale skin. Dwarven men and women stand at 4 feet, 6 inches.

They all also speak a common language, Szogen'thüm, an ancient Orcish language once spoken throughout the entire Kingdom of Szog'dar. Since, it has become a regional language. Outside of this, most races speak in their own tongues.
Description of Economy: The economy was never strong for the Realm. Most trade is conducted between neighboring realms.
  • Exports
    - Arms
    - Armor
    - Metals
    - Leather
    - Tools
  • Imports:
    - Foodstuffs
    - Ales & Wines
    - Livestock
Major Cities:
- Vakhal'dor
- Senalzuldor, a city located along the Northern Coast. Home to a large Dwarven population
- Renl'tandor, located along the border with the Pandyssians on the banks of the Bezhalvar. Commonly referred to as Renalshire by its large Human population.

Military Description: The military of Szalen'dar, despite being one of the least organized, is renowned for its weapons and armor. Its armor (Standard and Heavy) are easily recognizable on the battlefield and provide plenty of protection for those who wear it, though the wearer must sacrifice mobility for protection. Their weapons are forged from some of the finest steel in the Empire, creating a fine weapon that is nearly perfect for the battlefield. Their weapons, much like their armor, sacrifice movement for strength. Many of the Szalen'dar weapons are two handed weapons intended to kill the enemy with a single, heavy strike.

This protection is needed when the military is very disorganized. Most refuse to listen to orders, only going with gut decisions. This can be good, as there are tales where these instincts have allowed the Realm to win another battle. More often than not, though, this ignorance leads to the death of those involved.

Strengths
Weaknesses
- Naval combat
- The forces of the House are known to lack discipline, causing some disruptions on the battlefield. (i.e they do not listen to orders, which could mean the difference between a great victory and a massacre)

• Total Numbers: 20,000 (That is the number of citizens ready to serve in the military and have received basic training. The number of standing forces tend to only be 5-10% of this number at any given time)
  • Navy: 250-500 Sailors standing, 5,000 Sailors ready to serve, with 20 Vessels overall
    - 2 are official vessels, mostly being used for ceremonial purposes (i.e the Lord's private vessel and the primary vessel of the navy)
    - 18 are unofficial vessels that are rented out from various sources during wartime.
    - 5,000 Light infantry
    - 2,500 Heavy Infantry
    - 2,500 Archers
    - 3,500 Defenders (Usually standard infantry stationed in forts during a conflict in case of a major counter-offensive by the other side)

I finished my app
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:25 pm

OH MY GOD IT IS BACK!

Sorry about that. I was a part of the first one, which died under me, and the second one, which I had to drop out of.

Good luck with this!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:46 pm

• Exports
    - Arms
    - Armor
    - Metals
    - Leather
    - Tools
  • Imports:
    - Foodstuffs
    - Ales & Wines
    - Livestock
Major Cities:
- Vakhal'dor

Strengths
Weaknesses
- Naval combat

- 5,000 Light infantry
    - 2,500 Heavy Infantry
    - 2,500 Archers

I finished my app

Accepted!

The Nation of Ceneria wrote:OH MY GOD IT IS BACK!

Sorry about that. I was a part of the first one, which died under me, and the second one, which I had to drop out of.

Good luck with this!

Thanks!
Call me Star

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Man, I should've checked the thread sooner. My precious 12 is taken. Ah well. To vassal or not to vassal, that is the question.
Obligatory pros and antis:
Pro: Libertarianism, Protestantism, Gay Rights, 2nd Amendment, Scottish and Welsh Independence, Free Market
Anti: Communism, Socialism, General Authoritarianism, Welfare State, Feminism, EU, Controlled Economy, Gun Control, Justin Bieber, Utter Ridiculousness

Unapologetic Elder Scrolls Fanatic
HAIL NEREVAR, PRAISE THE HORTATOR

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:40 am

NS Nation Name: Alleniana
House Name: House of Venor
House Banner:
<heraldiclanguage>
Quarterly, first and fourth azure a bend sinister or second and third argent a torteaux
</heraldiclanguage>
Will make image soon
Description of House: In legend, a group of younger brothers who came as knights from the south to this northern, desolate, "uncivilised" land, and who then subjugated and settled it, the house's history seems to be essentially based around the tale of southern knights coming up and carving out kingdoms for themselves which were slowly united, eventually culminating in the western house of Venor managing to emerge rampant and finding themselves ruler of a rather disunited realm; the cause for their rapid surrender to Pandyssium's armies, giving them respite to recover and consolidate. As such, they are a house with a lot of new blood, and one that possesses as strong a tradition in mounted knights as any, and generally one which finds itself virile, active and ready to take on the world.
What is House's view on the Empire?: Fairly pro-empire. It prospered under imperial rule, as well as being able to stabilise and use a larger body than itself to do so, and as such views it positively; also its obligations within the feudal structure causing it to be quite unwilling to upset the status quo too much. It is not devoted though, and if it finds that at heart, its best interests are not represented or things just get too hairy to stick with the empire, it will act against it.
Description of Head of House: Lord Aguston II Venor the Grey, aged 44. A fairly average ruler; has been known as one of the better jousters among the lords who had ruled, and less prolific than his ancestors, as well as less traditional, but generally, his title, "the Grey", referring to his grey hair which came in well before mid-life, helps to represent just how ordinary he is. This is a stability that is respected and enjoyed, though, and so he rules over a contented populace with a contented family.
Description of Relevant House Members: The Lady dead a few years hence from a throat disease, the lord's relative include his younger sister, a remarkably large nun called Falaura, and his surviving children, Siguro, the active heir of twenty years who is prospecting for a wife while trying to continue honing his sword skills, Billiten, a bookish but apparently administratively gifted boy at fourteen, and Pitire, a girl of 12, one of Billiten's closest figures and ever cheerful; perhaps the most charitable.
Court Position Request: Siguro for chamberlain, perhaps? He would not be particularly invested in the role (compared to the others, perhaps) but would be occupied.
Seat of Power: Castle Salvraten, by the sea

Realm Number: 11
Realm Name: Rivemia
Realm Description: The Rivemian peninsula, despite being so northerly, is not a bad place to live. It is easy to dismiss it as rainy and cold compared to most of the rest of the empire, but its fields are fairly fertile, and the few mountains it has, often carved out around and about rivers, generally bear iron in ample amounts. The northern coast is often icy and inhospitable, but the more southerly parts can be quite nice, and even the northerly altitude has not prevented a population from growing. It is generally agrarian, but towns have begun to develop, often due to the impracticality of outsourcing much. In general, it is a fairly isolated but productive piece of land to the far north.
Capital City: Bagrotum, a large inland city
Population: 3 million
Race Composition: Mostly men; perhaps above 90%. Minorities include elves, dwarves and other "civilised" humanoids.
Status of the races other than men: Generally given the same rights; men are recognised as the predominant race, and most of the minority are scattered in any case. There is not much to say about them, especially as they are not a united group, nor one that tends to be separated from the human community.
Majority Religion: The Faith is almost the religion of everyone; even old pagan beliefs have largely been stamped out. The status of the religion partially stems from feudalism, which has imposed piety fairly strictly.
Description of the people and culture: Generally a feudal sort of culture. The majority are "peasants", landed farmers within a community, perhaps ruled over by some sort of magistrate/knight figure. The culture itself could be described as "cold" in the modern definition. The language spoken is Rivemian, somewhat of an isolate, and a mix of the immigrants of knights and the former pagan peoples.
Description of Economy: Generally based on feudalism, with peasants or artisans submitting their tax or the like to knights, magistrates, guild representatives or other local magnates who then forward it on, but capitalism has begun developing; a cash economy appearing in the cities. The opposite direction has appeared to, though, with communes banding together to operate as a single small urbanity, a village perhaps, and working under the feudal system while practising what is almost informal communism within.
  • Exports:
    Wheat, Barley, Iron, Lead, Furs
  • Imports:
    Wine, Tin, Copper, Dye
Major Cities:
Bagrotum, a large densely packed walled city built on a central river and provided for by mining and agriculture
Glovora, a city built on the southern border, sprawling and the main gateway for trade, as well as the main entrepot for the fertile areas of the south
Castle Salvraten, a sprawling fortification built on a plateau north of Bagrotum
White Gaol, a fortress at the northernmost point, used as an exile and way of sentencing to death without actually doing so
Military Description:
Mostly composed of professional city guards, a cadre of armoured knights, the mainstay, and their retinues, and then peasant levies; badly armed and trained, but useful in numbers. Archers are recruited from somewhat higher rank peasants; yeomen, if you will. Generally the typical image of a medieval, feudal kingdom's military; despite the use of levies and the like, it tends to work well where it is needed. The navy, due to the location of the kingdom, is largely confined to cog-like ships, used for shore transport, transferring messages to other northern coastal nations and eradicating the few pirates who might want to prey on what little mercantile commerce there is.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths are heavy cavalry, shock tactics, numbers and speed, weaknesses are light infantry, archers, levy quality and logistics.
  • Total Numbers
    Not sure what to do for this.
  • Navy
    17 scattered cogs, with 500 sailors and other people involved in their maintenance and crewing
  • Army
    In peacetime, order is maintained by local magnates and in towns/communes by what are collectively termed as guards, perhaps with a total strength of 5,000. Small, but professional and in theory, experienced. Never offensive, though, and so only really useful for freeing up those who might go off to fight but for local responsibilities. A potential pool of about 10,000 proper knights, each likely bringing a couple of men in their retinue to swell the "professional" army in wartime would place the trained and properly armed, after a few weeks or more of calling-up, at ~50,000. Levies and other peasants, including the slightly more wealthy/privileged ones who are archers, could likely gather ~25,000 archers and ~100,000 peasants. About 5,000 archers would be skilled enough to be considered "professional", mainly hunters, enthusiasts, veterans, etc. The non-archer levies would be the least skilled and least-well armed in the entire army, and would be called up at significant cost; one that would be unbearable should harvest time come about and the majority not go home. They are a large pool to draw from though, and outside of harvest time, it would not be hard to replenish significant losses. The are, however, in the end, basically armed with sticks and stones.

Other: No more Camp vassals. :(
RP Sample: bu
Did you read everything?: ja mon
Time Zone: UTC+11, but only UTC+10 once we leave daylight savings.
#TFAE3.0

Brechalht
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:44 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:58 am

Okay, I understand, that players who mobilize 20% of their nation into an army in a moment and attack with it and then throw out 2 more such armies to defend in other directions are ... bad but seriously what is it with "The total military size of thy realm shalt not exceed 5% of the population, and troop quality must be believable." - We do not have civil rights. When the local boss says so, every able-bodied man age 14-44 who is not nobility or clergy (or rich) must fight. Of course you can not simply take the farmers of their fields for long so most of those would probably only be available if their barony is directly attacked, and they are given a spear and a shield to fight and after one day fighting and one day rest (when their lord feels generous) they have to return to work. But even when it's not entirely fighting for self defense, for a little raid into the neighboring nations, the more "raw" medieval nations (say "vikings" or those horde-people from the east) mobilized significantly more then 5%. Of course, this is what I would describe as a "plunder-based economy" because if you have 20% men under arms for a year and you need 90-95% of your population for your food-needs your military will have to steel a lot of food from the neighbors and will not have time for long sieges or other forms of land gain (and diplomatically you will be - well - vikings)

Of course if we are talking about a standing professional army akin to roman legionaries or medieval knight (not really a professional army but a standing, always equipped warrior caste), than 5% is really great and agreeably the uppermost limit but this would not be your average medieval army in terms of quality, their quality would be rather good.

I would like to take the southern frontier, aka province 3. Are vassal republics or arch-bishoprics acceptable?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse