NATION

PASSWORD

Is A Certain Religion/Belief Banned in YN?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are there any religions or beliefs banned in YN?

Yes, there are.
27%
No, there aren't.
42%
Yes, there are, but it is only banned de facto.
12%
We are a theocracy
10%
All religions/beliefs are banned.
10%

Total votes : 145

Sabyah
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sabyah » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:34 am

Islam is the only permitted religion in Sabyah. Whilst foreigners are free to practice their religion, Sabyan citizens are faced with the death penalty if caught leaving the Islamic faith.
The Republic of Sabyah
سبحان الله
A democratic, secular and western-aligned republic in the Middle East

Republic of La Boca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Republic of La Boca » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:51 pm

The National Constitution of the Democratic People's Republic of La Boca, last amended on October 17, 2018, in its article 8 guarantees freedom of thought and worship for all citizens of the Republic, civilians and foreigners alike. However, the country's public officials must respect the preeminence of the Orthodox Apostolic Catholic Church in every way.
Other cults such as Umbandism, Santeria, Wahhabism, Salafism, Wicca, Roman Catholicism and Jehovah's Witnesses are prohibited from worshiping or making proselitism under penalty of life imprisonment.

Fuzzbuckets
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Fuzzbuckets » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:55 pm

So long as you aren't harming anyone or killing anything in the name of religion, you can pretty much start or believe whatever religion you want--if you want to believe one at all.

The Grand Leaders of Fuzzbuckets have a soft spot for the atheists and the Flying Spaghetti Monster, despite being highly spiritual themselves.
Last edited by Fuzzbuckets on Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:06 pm

While the vast majority of Antityranicals are Roman Catholic, and the government officially endorses the religion, any and all other religions are allowed, that people may come to the truth of Catholicism through their own free will rather than by requirement, so that their conversion should be true, honest, and fitting for Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Last edited by Antityranicals on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Well, the left in Drongonia likes to conflate this as a "ban", but in law its not. Nonetheless, Islam is not recognised as a religion in Drongonia and therefore its followers are not eligible for special dispensations and exemptions available for other religious citizens (ex: Pastafarians are allowed to wear sacred spaghetti strainers in their licence/passport photos if they wish).

This also means that the Ministry of Education will not sign off on an Islamic school as its religious teachings would not fall under the legal definition of religion. Lastly, employers in Drongonia often offer religious days off for minority religious groups, for which Muslims are not eligible.

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:13 pm

During the first Overlords Party, the majority of religions besides Christianity or Islam were banned, but the government did not care much. But under the recent rule of the Second Overlords Party, all religions are banned. All religious buildings are burned, and any practicers are sentenced to a public beating and death. However, it is required to thank Red Eye I once every day, so technically there is one.
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

The Reasonable
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reasonable » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:14 pm

The Meritocratic State of the Reasonable allows for freedom of religion. However, religious practices that violate the law are prohibited. The government is secular and forbids the use of its resources on religious organizations and forbids its employees to proselytize while working, and the population is mostly non-religious. Religious organizations are considered to be corporations and taxed accordingly.
Last edited by The Reasonable on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
8values

Country mostly reflects RL political views. See factbook's legislation section for details on policy and factbook's politics section for system of government. NS stats used as guides rather than as-is; refer to factbook for actual stats.

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:19 pm

There is freedom of religion in Auze, though more... troublesome beliefs are often disappeared.
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Wales Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Wales Republic » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:04 am

Last edited by Wales Republic on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

K-poptopia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby K-poptopia » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:08 am

All religions, other than the state religion of Girlgroupism, are banned in K-poptopia and their practitioners are actively persecuted.
THE EMPIRE OF K-POPTOPIA
We are an single-party totalitarian imperialist dictatorship that is spreading Girlgroupism across the whole world!
MAP OF OUR WORLD
National Information
Current Flag: Twice

The Alliance of Independent Systems
Secretary

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alliance of Independent Systems » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:23 am

ALLIANCE OF INDEPENDENT SYSTEMS
Alliance Assembly; Legal Information and Education Administration

No, no religions, religious beliefs, or states of faith are banned in the Alliance. However, Theocracy is illegal unless it can guarantee an equal right to vote for all citizens-which it usually cannot.
THE ALLIANCE OF INDEPENDENT SYSTEMS
For the Greater Freedoms of the Galaxy!
The AIS welcomes all. Immigrate today! // Boldly going where none have gone before. Tamira 3432! // Sociae Industriae Superbia. Support local workers! // Be a Hero, Join the Allied Navy!
Galnet News: | End of the year celebrations held across the Alliance. From Alioth; Happy New Year! // Minor food shortages reported in the Old Worlds as the Syndicate's worlds of New America and Kerriiui slip into an Ice Age. // The Council of Admirals would like to remind all citizens to vote; Freely, and often!

Zephathah
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 15, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Zephathah » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:47 am

Atheism is illegal, also if someone is too secular they are consired as atheist. The Zephatiaon Inquisition will hunt atheists and non-believers down, and they will be put into rehabilitation centers, imprisoned or executed. Tourists who are atheists or non-believers are not allowed to entry, but if they do and get caught they will be executed.

Also you must respect other religions and their believers here or you will be punished.

Hong Kong People
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hong Kong People » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:50 am

Our National religion is Christianity but citizens can enjoy freedom of religion in our Republic. However, Islam followers and mosques will be closely monitored by the police.

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:49 am

Hong Kong People wrote:Our National religion is Christianity but citizens can enjoy freedom of religion in our Republic. However, Islam followers and mosques will be closely monitored by the police.

Not much freedom, is it?

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Hong Kong People
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hong Kong People » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:26 am

-Astoria wrote:
Hong Kong People wrote:Our National religion is Christianity but citizens can enjoy freedom of religion in our Republic. However, Islam followers and mosques will be closely monitored by the police.

Not much freedom, is it?

Well, under no circumstances will police intervene when muslims worship or practise their religion.The only things the police monitor are signs of advocacy of terrorism or Islam extremism.Well, maybe I have to admit that the freedom of practising Islam is more restricted compared to practising other religions in our Republic.
Last edited by Hong Kong People on Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gethforla
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gethforla » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:29 am

Zionism is banned as a terrorist ideology and referred to in government documents as "political Judaism". While the Central Government does not oppose Jews as a race or religion, it does oppose extremism, and the fact that the line between religious and political aspects of Judaism can be easily blurred has resulted in a de facto ban.
Gethforla is not a representation of my RL views.

I support what I believe is the best policy for a given problem or subject, regardless of whether that policy originates from the right or the left. I live in the US, but am anti-Democrat, anti-Republican, & strongly anti-corporatocracy. Refusal to side with only the right or only the left may be unpopular, but I'm not willing to blindly support something solely because a political party says I should. I refuse to be some party's mindless robot.

Kedri
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kedri » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:05 pm

No religion is banned in Kedri as not only would that he unconstitutional, but would also go against everything the country stands for and has always stood for. Kedrians are just as opposed to anti -theism and state atheism as they are to theocracies.

Citizens are allowed to believe whatever they want and express any beliefs they hold as long as they are not violating the rights or wellbeing of others.
Kedri is a nation of 18th century pirates who know water-bending. Throw in some steampunk, as well. Tech level is PT/FanT.
Kedrians abandon piracy and become a modernized country, founded by reformed criminals who forsook piracy and the citizens are descended from pirates, and still retain some of their heritage such as speech, accent, politics.

Aryax
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aryax » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:15 am

Article 3 of the Aryaxian Constitution states that "the State officially recognizes no religion". This provision is not interpreted as creating a secular state but an atheist one. Practicing any religion can be punished with a wide range of offenses, including "anticonstitutional activities" (20 years hard labor), "terrorism" (public execution) or simply "membership in an unregistered cult" (5 years in prison + rehabilitation).
----------
----------
People's Republic of Aryax
----------
----------
Ⰰⱃⱑⰽⱄⰰⱑ Ⱀⰰⱃⱁⰴⱀⰰⱑ Ⱃⰵⱄⱂⱆⰱⰾⰹⰽⰰ
----------
----------
Arjaksaja Narodnaja Rjespublika
Read first | Overview | Constitution | Leader
Pogaria wrote:Wow, I've never seen a nation that was this restrictive. I can see why you're #1 for "Most Extreme".

Trotterdam wrote:The really weird thing is that Aryax still manages to score highly on a number of scales such as Average Income of Poor, Cheerfulness, Lifespan, Human Development Index, and Intelligence. Apparently, this is a totalitarian dictatorship that works.
Vivolkha's main stat-playing puppet. WARNING: All factbooks need a revamp. This nation does not represent my views.

Gylthas
Attaché

Founded: Nov 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gylthas » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:24 am

Not a single religion or belief is banned, as that goes against an article of the Gylthan constitution, which states, "A citizen of the Federal Empire is guaranteed the right to free speech, free thought, assembly, association and religion."
Last edited by Gylthas on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
A 16 civilisation, according to this index.

Embassy programme here.

NEWS

GYLTHAN INTERVENTION OF THE ZAHARD WAR: Gylthan forces lay siege to Medaka.
GYLTHAN INTERVENTION OF THE ZAHARD WAR: Gylthan forces assault Siron.

The Sapmi
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sapmi » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:26 am

In the Commonwealth of the Sapmi, only extremist cults are banned. There are five classifications for a religion in official Saami rulebooks: Irreligious (a class only given to "religions" like Atheism and Secular Humanism), Religious (given to numerous different religions, such as Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Suomenusko, etc.), Minor cults (i.e Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, etc.), extremist cults (i.e Scientology, extremist political organisations) and pending.

There is a punishment for being classified as a cult. Very few people are believed to be in a cult within the Sapmi; an estimated number of 30,000 - a little under 1%. The majority of the populace (64%) are Irreligious and 35% are Religious.

The punishment for a minor cult are heightened taxes and further investigation of the leadership. If a major crime is found (i.e major harassment), then the leadership is arrested for the highest usual Saami prison sentence - 25 years. New leadership is elected within the religion and the religion is given a warning to liberalise. If three of these warnings are given, the cult is classified as an extremist cult and is shut down. All leadership is arrested and put on trial. The members of these cults are given 10,000 Saami Ruhtas as compensation and are sent to rehabilitations centres, where they learn how to function in a less extreme and more moderately-religious way. They are given training from professionals on how to spot major cults.

These teachers are often professors at university and are given at least 100,000 Saami Ruhtas annually, 25% higher than their usual earnings. The curriculum excludes any political bias, treating Stalinists and Fascists the same way, along with Liberals and Conservatives. The lack of political bias and the preservation of individualism in these curriculums is often subject to praise internationally, as the only other similar systems are/were in totalitarian regimes. This is a result of how it is created; thousands of people from all walks of check it with rigour to make sure that there is no unavoidable bias.

Only three such societies have been banned: the Church of Scientology, the Crusaders' Society (deemed to be far-right) and the People's Banner (deemed to be far left). A number more have been applied to have such an action taken, like Islam, Mormonism and, in a famous April Fools Prank, "Everything except the worship of Osiris" (only a few hundred people actually worshipped Osiris at the time). The investigation of these religions is taken very seriously; only the most trusted members of the Saami Board of Religion can be a part of this. The pay is admittedly a sub-par 25,000 Ruhtas annually, less than the national average of 30,000 Ruhtas. If a religion is found to have been misclassified purposefully (i.e available evidence purposefully ignored), then the leaders of said religion are given a hefty sum of 50,000 Ruhtas and the investigators whom are found truly guilty (i.e if only one person out of a group of 10 knew of key data) are arrested for 25 years. This can theoretically go on for an infinite time if enough evidence pops up, but it constitutionally bound to end if all of the accused party/parties die. From then on, the most that can be given is compensation to the family of the now-dead party.

That was a LOT of data to do. :blink: Guess I found a new factbook entry for me.
News for March 2088:
International News: Growth of world market slowest since 2074 | European Federation announces complete unification to occur within the century | Hispaniola wins the 2088 World Cup, the first Carribean Nation to do so

Local News: Terrorist attack in Finnmark leads 84 dead, week of mourning instituted | Call for vote of no-confidence held off as Bjorn Handal's approval rate surges to 51%

The Rundown: The Saami Commonwealth is a nation located in Northern Scandinavia that declared independence in 2052. Factbooks are factual, most NationStates statistics are not

Gladesville
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gladesville » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:28 am

Yeah, Violetism and other cults like that.
One of the few nation's with a frightening economy, without a single car. One of the most developed nations, but our government is corrupt as fridge. Tourist hot-spot, but the ruler Vindalbal II refuses to even put basic footwear on. Environmentalist, Nationalist, Vincaracist, Gladesville. PewDiePie is also a nasty person.
Reaches about 0.16695572432 on the Greenness Index.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:36 am

Some religions are de facto banned because of their actions. We do not allow people to be burned at the stake, make claims that people are inferior because of religion, child marriage, and other such things unacceptable to society. We watch for these things.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:36 am

The Commonwealth allows all religions and cults to practice freely, as long as no practices break the law, especially those that harm others (circumcision of young children for example is a crime).

The Commonwealth is a secular nation in which the Government supports a secular identity.

It should be noted that any established religious or cult buildings in the Commonwealth will be taxed.
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Subhurbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Subhurbia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:56 am

Any exoteric religion does not exist in Suhurbia and isn’t legal. Everything practiced in Suhurbia is either esoteric philosophies, holistic practices, or magic.
Not to be mistaken for Suburbia.

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:39 pm

No religions are banned in Pavonistade. Cults and new religious movements are also legal, though there are measures against illegal activities (e.g. coercion of followers).
Last edited by Pavonistade on Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information