NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Warships, Batch 3

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prosorusiya
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosorusiya » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:18 pm

So... would it be worth keeping around SO-1 class guard ships for my Coast Guard, given that I use AB-25 patrol boats of a similar vintage anyways? Would it be more likely that, during the fall of the Soviet Union, my fleet would be more modern (i.e. based on Stenka class patrol boats that use their speed to flee to Kasypisk) or obsolete (i.e. the Russians took everything and we got the scraps left over that were old, obsolete ect.?). My country's back story states that we seceded from Russia in 1991 like the other Union Republics, but at the time there were no Border Guard vessels stationed there, and idk what if any navy ships would have been there...
AH Ossetia (1921-1989)

10th Anniversary: NS User Since 2012

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:34 am

Talking about ASW, how would/should a nation go about clearing a body of water of enemy submarines? This is assuming the normal NS level of willingness to spend on your armed forces to give them the magically desired capabilities.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:00 am

Spirit of Hope wrote:Talking about ASW, how would/should a nation go about clearing a body of water of enemy submarines? This is assuming the normal NS level of willingness to spend on your armed forces to give them the magically desired capabilities.

There isn't way to guarantee.

The central problem with modern ASW is the sensors produce a lot of false positives because they signals they look for are weak and ambiguous. No matter how many ASW ships/aircraft/buoys/whatever you throw at the problem most of what you will find doesn't really exist. And you will continue to "find" things even when the area has no real targets at all. Unless you have some kind of external intelligence that tells you how many submarines are in an area, like decoded communication intercepts or stolen orders, and you actually sink that many submarines you won't ever really know.

In the past direction finding equipment and code breakers were the most important source of ASW intelligence. Today you'd probably rely a lot on cyber intelligence and malware. If you could get something into the submarine itself (not unprecedented, the USN has found malware in its most secure shipboard computers in the past) that would purloin data from it you'd really be in business. But other, softer, targets like sailors social media and emails accounts are also potential treasure troves of information. And their personnel electronic devices are the best entry point for the ship itself.

OFC this all runs together as cyber and HUMINT are among the best ways of acquiring the codes that are needed for COMMINT to read enemy communications. Any code can be broken if you have the codebooks. And HUMINT is a great way to open holes in even the most secure computer networks, it only takes one rigged cable.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Laritaia
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:05 am

Spirit of Hope wrote:Talking about ASW, how would/should a nation go about clearing a body of water of enemy submarines? This is assuming the normal NS level of willingness to spend on your armed forces to give them the magically desired capabilities.

By killing a lot of whales

The Technocratic Syndicalists
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Technocratic Syndicalists » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Nuclear depth bombs. Greenpeace might not be too happy though.
SDI AG
Arcaenian Military Factbook
Task Force Atlas
International Freedom Coalition

OOC: Call me Techno for Short
IC: The Kingdom of Arcaenia

Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:15 pm

The Technocratic Syndicalists wrote:

Also solved by nuclear depth bombs.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Velkanika
Minister

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Velkanika » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:51 pm

Pharthan wrote:
The Technocratic Syndicalists wrote:

Also solved by nuclear depth bombs.

The necessity of a navy, in the restricted sense of the word, springs, therefore, from the existence of a peaceful shipping, and disappears with it, except in the case of a nation which has aggressive tendencies, and keeps up a navy merely as a branch of the military establishment. 1
1Alfred T. Mahan, The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783, 12th ed. (Boston: Little Brown and Company, 1890), 26.

Please avoid conflating my in-character role playing with what I actually believe, as these are usually quite different things.

Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Supersaturate an area with ASW helicopters operating from thoroughly guarded carriers or land bases and have a picket of submarines of your own.
At the same time, wipe out their naval ports and hit every single submarine the second it pulls into port, and then mine their waterways.
Easiest way to kill a sub is to do it while it's moored.

Alternatively, build giant drag-nets that extend down to crush-depth of the submarines, if you really want to NS the crap out of this.

Velkanika wrote:
Pharthan wrote:Also solved by nuclear depth bombs.

Did an RP with a n00b once who's nation was pissed that another nation was whaling in an area that the n00b considered a protected maritime sanctuary. Idiot couldn't win, so he resorted to trying to nuke an entire fleet with a few dozen nukes (after he'd also established that nukes weren't allowed).
My following post was at least five or six paragraphs about all of the murdered sealife and how the whales that weren't killed were doomed to starvation and loneliness for the rest of their short lives of suffering from having their hearing utterly destroyed and internal bleeding.
Dude was reaaally pissed. He tried to ignore it so I just kept making posts about how my submarine captains had to solemnly deal with the whale's cries of agony over their sonars as they proceeded to cruise missile everything the guy had left.
Last edited by Pharthan on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Pharthan wrote:
Velkanika wrote:Image

Did an RP with a n00b once who's nation was pissed that another nation was whaling in an area that the n00b considered a protected maritime sanctuary. Idiot couldn't win, so he resorted to trying to nuke an entire fleet with a few dozen nukes (after he'd also established that nukes weren't allowed).
My following post was at least five or six paragraphs about all of the murdered sealife and how the whales that weren't killed were doomed to starvation and loneliness for the rest of their short lives of suffering from having their hearing utterly destroyed and internal bleeding.
Dude was reaaally pissed. He tried to ignore it so I just kept making posts about how my submarine captains had to solemnly deal with the whale's cries of agony over their sonars as they proceeded to cruise missile everything the guy had left.

Few people in NS realize the massive ecological damage caused by NS scale warfare.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Minister

Postby The Technocratic Syndicalists » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:02 pm

"IVE LAUNCHED 1,000,000 ASHMs AT YOUR FLEET, POST LOSSES"

"MY SUPERDREADNOUGHTS WITH 1,000 CIWS EACH HAVE DESTROYED YOUR AShMS AND LAUNCHED 10,000,000 AShMs IN RETURN, POST LOSSES"
SDI AG
Task Force Atlas

Triplebaconation
Senator

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Triplebaconation » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:26 pm

10x better than the typical "realism" post.

"The co-pilot depressed the trigger on his control stick. The bombers two bomb bays opened up and ninety six SDB-II bombs mounted on two rotary launchers ejected from the aircraft. After deploying its wings each SDB II would glide up to 40 kilometers before striking its target. Each SDB-II carried a 100 kilogram Dense Metal inert Explosive (DIME) warhead and used tri mode MMW radar/infrared/laser homing seeker with additional INS and jam resistant GPS guidance correction. A variety Sunkistodian targets had been selected which included trucks, tanks, artillery guns, troop transports, supply depots, and command centers."
Proverbs 23:9.

Things are a bit larger than you appear to think, my friend.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Pharthan wrote:
Velkanika wrote:(Image)

I want the link so badly.

Minister

Postby The Technocratic Syndicalists » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Triplebaconation wrote:10x better than the typical "realism" post.

"The co-pilot depressed the trigger on his control stick. The bombers two bomb bays opened up and ninety six SDB-II bombs mounted on two rotary launchers ejected from the aircraft. After deploying its wings each SDB II would glide up to 40 kilometers before striking its target. Each SDB-II carried a 100 kilogram Dense Metal inert Explosive (DIME) warhead and used tri mode MMW radar/infrared/laser homing seeker with additional INS and jam resistant GPS guidance correction. A variety Sunkistodian targets had been selected which included trucks, tanks, artillery guns, troop transports, supply depots, and command centers."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SDI AG
Task Force Atlas

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013

Postby Gallia- » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:38 pm

reminds me

of something

similar...

Norgereich2 wrote:Jens Jacques "Jenny" Jenssen clenched his buttocks as the BGM-71E Tube-Launched Optically Tracked Wire Guided 2A (TOW-2A) missile floated downrange to a maximum range of 3,750 meters towards an enemy T-80UM-1 main battle tank equipped with with a 2A46 125mm bore two-piece ammunition, autoloaded main gun, Kontakt-5 "heavy" (anti-kinetic energy/chemical energy penetrator) explosive reactive armour (ERA).

The main difference between the T-80U and -UM was marginal, only incorporating a new form of thermal imager, the Buran passive night fighting sight, to replace the old Luna infrared searchlight that was part of the 1A46 fire control system since the 1970s. The -UM-1 was a greater improvement, including a brand new diesel engine, a new main gun (2A46-M4) using the same two-piece 125mm ammunition as the 2A46 on Ukrainian models, and the "Arena" active defense system. The ADS was capable of shooting down even the fearsome BGM-71E TOW-2A tandem-charge HEAT missile, which otherwise would have cut through the armour of the T-80UM like a hot knife through butter.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:JENNY'S GREAT FEAR WAS FELT BY TANK COMMANDER KALUGIN OF 191ST INDEPENDENT GUARDS TANK REGIMENT. HE SMELL FEAR LIKE SHIT ON BOOT OF CONSCRIPT SON OF FARMER. HE YELL AT KAZAKH MUSLIM GUNNER AND KICK MUSLIM TRASH IN HEAD, "YOU SHOOT," THEN TURN ON STRONK T-80UM1 "BARS" АРЕНА PROTECTION SYSTEM. SLOW MISSILE NO MATCH FOR SOVIET STEEL AND WEAK DECADENT WESTERN GIRLY MAN NO MATCH FOR SOVIET SHELL!

Norgereich2 wrote: Jenny watched through the Improved Target Acquisition System (ITAS) as the missile continued to fly through its target. A puff of smoke came from the T-80UM1 in his sights, and he could feel a warm trickle down his leg. In this frigid climate, wet underwear could easily stick to the skin and cause frostbite.

'Damn upper brass, the Army always goes for the lowest bidder in garment contracts,' He muttered, shaking with fear. He remembered a time before the M90A5C Undergarment, Field, Olive, For The Use Of was adopted, the M90A5B model was grossly superior. It featured wool stitching, letting you keep your jimmies warm and toasty despite any urinary bladder control issues. He felt overwhelming relief when the 125mm 3OF26M high explosive fin stabilised (HEFS) shell impacted 218.73 yards (200 meters) in front of him.

The BGM-71E TOW-2A missile continued its lofty flight, flying slightly above the height of the tank to attack its weak upper armour.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:'XAXAXAXAXAXAXA!' COMMANDER KALUGIN GIVE BIG LAUGH LIKE COMRADE LENIN, CHUCKLING AS SLOW WESTERN MISSILE FLY TO HIS TANK. HE WATCH IN SHOCK AS DUMB KAZAKH GUNNER MISS FIRST SHOT! "YOU MISS! IDIOT!" KAZAKH GUNNER MUTTER SOMETHING IN KAZAKH FOR HE NOT SPEAK RUSSIAN LIKE COMMANDER KALUGIN! KALUGIN HIT HIM IN HEAD WITH FOOT, KNOCKING SENSE INTO HIM TO USE MISSILE TO SHOOT MISSILE!

Norgereich2 wrote: Jenny's fear had now reached a boiling point. The missile was still two seconds away from the T-80UM1 "Snow Leopard" main battle tank of the 191st Independent Guards Motor Rifle Tank Division Regiment Battalion, and the artillery was coming in heavy. Jenny was a dedicated soldier who did what was asked though, and as men and soldiers fled from the shells raining down, Jenny kept his steely eyes locked on the tank.

Another puff of smoke vomited forth a bright spawn from the gun breech, like a chicken from an egg. This time the 125mm 9M119M "Refleks" missile, commonly called the AT-11 "Sniper" by NATO troops, was flying towards him. It was normally issued three per platoon, with the platoon leader's tank receiving all three of the missiles. Jenny knew he was dealing with a platoon leader. Jenny's great fear was now exasperated (sp?) the great billowing cloud of terror forming over Jenny's head like the leaking urine from his unbloused pants leg. The BGM-71E TOW-2A continued to fly towards its target, now only one second away.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:KALUGIN GIVE GREAT LURCH WHEN MISSILE NEARLY HIT TANK. LOUD SOUNDS FILL CREW COMPARTMENT WITH ECHOES OF METAL HITTING STONK T-80UM1 COMPOSITE ARMOUR AS WESTERN DECADENT MISSILE FALL SHORT OF STRONK T-80UM-1 "BARS" MAIN BATTLE TANK AND SPRAY ARMOUR WITH FRAGMENTS OF WEAK ALUMINUM ALLOY INSTEAD OF STRONK PIG IRON!

'XAXAXAXAXA!' LAUGHED KALUGIN, KNOWING HIS MISSILE POSSESS 5 KILOMETER MAXIMUM RANGE COMPARED TO WEAK AMERICAN TOW MISSILE BEING ONLY 4000 METER RANGE.

RUSSIA STRONK!

Norgereich2 wrote:Jenny's heart jumped into his throat when the missile wire cut. The BGM-71E TOW-2A missile fell from the sky and hit the ground. He knew he had missed, he could hear Commander Kalugin's great bellowing from within the tank from here.

The 9M119M "Refleks" hit the BGM-71E TOW-2A launching post as Jenny ducked into a foxhole dug with the Mark Six Navy Model Explosive Foxhole Digger a day previously avoiding certain death. He waited now, for Kalugin to come and finish the fight.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:COMMANDER KALUGIN KICK DRIVER IN HEAD. DUMB UKRAINIAN MAN WHINE SOMETHING ABOUT PAIN BUT KALUGIN YELL AT HIM TO SHUT UP AND DRIVE. HE DO SO!

Norgereich2 wrote:Jenny buried his face in the ground. The path ahead was actually protected by a Model 82 Mark V W80 Atomic Demolition Munition. The combat engineers had emplaced (sp?) the day before, to protect against the 191st Combat Independent Breaching Assault Armoured Task Force Brigade Battalion Division Guards Motor Rifles from penetrating Jenny's thin, virgin line.

Commander Kalugin's tank disappeared in a flash of white light and a large mushroom cloud enveloped the battlefield, blocking out the sun and casting a great shadow over NATO lines. They were safe, for now.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:COMMANDER KALUGIN CRUSH "JENNY" WITH STRONK T-80UM1 "BARS" MAIN BATTLE TANK LIKE BABUSHKA CRUSH FLY WITH SWATTER!

((OOC: NATO FANBOY GODMOD TO VICTORY XAXAXAXAXA JUST LIKE REAL LIFE XAXAXAXA!))

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Gallia- wrote:

reminds me

of something

similar...

Norgereich2 wrote:Jens Jacques "Jenny" Jenssen clenched his buttocks as the BGM-71E Tube-Launched Optically Tracked Wire Guided 2A (TOW-2A) missile floated downrange to a maximum range of 3,750 meters towards an enemy T-80UM-1 main battle tank equipped with with a 2A46 125mm bore two-piece ammunition, autoloaded main gun, Kontakt-5 "heavy" (anti-kinetic energy/chemical energy penetrator) explosive reactive armour (ERA).

The main difference between the T-80U and -UM was marginal, only incorporating a new form of thermal imager, the Buran passive night fighting sight, to replace the old Luna infrared searchlight that was part of the 1A46 fire control system since the 1970s. The -UM-1 was a greater improvement, including a brand new diesel engine, a new main gun (2A46-M4) using the same two-piece 125mm ammunition as the 2A46 on Ukrainian models, and the "Arena" active defense system. The ADS was capable of shooting down even the fearsome BGM-71E TOW-2A tandem-charge HEAT missile, which otherwise would have cut through the armour of the T-80UM like a hot knife through butter.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:JENNY'S GREAT FEAR WAS FELT BY TANK COMMANDER KALUGIN OF 191ST INDEPENDENT GUARDS TANK REGIMENT. HE SMELL FEAR LIKE SHIT ON BOOT OF CONSCRIPT SON OF FARMER. HE YELL AT KAZAKH MUSLIM GUNNER AND KICK MUSLIM TRASH IN HEAD, "YOU SHOOT," THEN TURN ON STRONK T-80UM1 "BARS" АРЕНА PROTECTION SYSTEM. SLOW MISSILE NO MATCH FOR SOVIET STEEL AND WEAK DECADENT WESTERN GIRLY MAN NO MATCH FOR SOVIET SHELL!

Norgereich2 wrote: Jenny watched through the Improved Target Acquisition System (ITAS) as the missile continued to fly through its target. A puff of smoke came from the T-80UM1 in his sights, and he could feel a warm trickle down his leg. In this frigid climate, wet underwear could easily stick to the skin and cause frostbite.

'Damn upper brass, the Army always goes for the lowest bidder in garment contracts,' He muttered, shaking with fear. He remembered a time before the M90A5C Undergarment, Field, Olive, For The Use Of was adopted, the M90A5B model was grossly superior. It featured wool stitching, letting you keep your jimmies warm and toasty despite any urinary bladder control issues. He felt overwhelming relief when the 125mm 3OF26M high explosive fin stabilised (HEFS) shell impacted 218.73 yards (200 meters) in front of him.

The BGM-71E TOW-2A missile continued its lofty flight, flying slightly above the height of the tank to attack its weak upper armour.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:'XAXAXAXAXAXAXA!' COMMANDER KALUGIN GIVE BIG LAUGH LIKE COMRADE LENIN, CHUCKLING AS SLOW WESTERN MISSILE FLY TO HIS TANK. HE WATCH IN SHOCK AS DUMB KAZAKH GUNNER MISS FIRST SHOT! "YOU MISS! IDIOT!" KAZAKH GUNNER MUTTER SOMETHING IN KAZAKH FOR HE NOT SPEAK RUSSIAN LIKE COMMANDER KALUGIN! KALUGIN HIT HIM IN HEAD WITH FOOT, KNOCKING SENSE INTO HIM TO USE MISSILE TO SHOOT MISSILE!

Norgereich2 wrote: Jenny's fear had now reached a boiling point. The missile was still two seconds away from the T-80UM1 "Snow Leopard" main battle tank of the 191st Independent Guards Motor Rifle Tank Division Regiment Battalion, and the artillery was coming in heavy. Jenny was a dedicated soldier who did what was asked though, and as men and soldiers fled from the shells raining down, Jenny kept his steely eyes locked on the tank.

Another puff of smoke vomited forth a bright spawn from the gun breech, like a chicken from an egg. This time the 125mm 9M119M "Refleks" missile, commonly called the AT-11 "Sniper" by NATO troops, was flying towards him. It was normally issued three per platoon, with the platoon leader's tank receiving all three of the missiles. Jenny knew he was dealing with a platoon leader. Jenny's great fear was now exasperated (sp?) the great billowing cloud of terror forming over Jenny's head like the leaking urine from his unbloused pants leg. The BGM-71E TOW-2A continued to fly towards its target, now only one second away.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:KALUGIN GIVE GREAT LURCH WHEN MISSILE NEARLY HIT TANK. LOUD SOUNDS FILL CREW COMPARTMENT WITH ECHOES OF METAL HITTING STONK T-80UM1 COMPOSITE ARMOUR AS WESTERN DECADENT MISSILE FALL SHORT OF STRONK T-80UM-1 "BARS" MAIN BATTLE TANK AND SPRAY ARMOUR WITH FRAGMENTS OF WEAK ALUMINUM ALLOY INSTEAD OF STRONK PIG IRON!

'XAXAXAXAXA!' LAUGHED KALUGIN, KNOWING HIS MISSILE POSSESS 5 KILOMETER MAXIMUM RANGE COMPARED TO WEAK AMERICAN TOW MISSILE BEING ONLY 4000 METER RANGE.

RUSSIA STRONK!

Norgereich2 wrote:Jenny's heart jumped into his throat when the missile wire cut. The BGM-71E TOW-2A missile fell from the sky and hit the ground. He knew he had missed, he could hear Commander Kalugin's great bellowing from within the tank from here.

The 9M119M "Refleks" hit the BGM-71E TOW-2A launching post as Jenny ducked into a foxhole dug with the Mark Six Navy Model Explosive Foxhole Digger a day previously avoiding certain death. He waited now, for Kalugin to come and finish the fight.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:COMMANDER KALUGIN KICK DRIVER IN HEAD. DUMB UKRAINIAN MAN WHINE SOMETHING ABOUT PAIN BUT KALUGIN YELL AT HIM TO SHUT UP AND DRIVE. HE DO SO!

Norgereich2 wrote:Jenny buried his face in the ground. The path ahead was actually protected by a Model 82 Mark V W80 Atomic Demolition Munition. The combat engineers had emplaced (sp?) the day before, to protect against the 191st Combat Independent Breaching Assault Armoured Task Force Brigade Battalion Division Guards Motor Rifles from penetrating Jenny's thin, virgin line.

Commander Kalugin's tank disappeared in a flash of white light and a large mushroom cloud enveloped the battlefield, blocking out the sun and casting a great shadow over NATO lines. They were safe, for now.

Neo-Soviet-Empire-1991 wrote:COMMANDER KALUGIN CRUSH "JENNY" WITH STRONK T-80UM1 "BARS" MAIN BATTLE TANK LIKE BABUSHKA CRUSH FLY WITH SWATTER!

((OOC: NATO FANBOY GODMOD TO VICTORY XAXAXAXAXA JUST LIKE REAL LIFE XAXAXAXA!))

OBOSEN
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Chzeng
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chzeng » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:25 pm

500 frigates is a classic meme
Denhsze [MT]
--->>> FACTBOOK <<<---

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:05 am

Did you guys know about the first armored ship in the world happens to be in Korea - the Geobukseon (Turtle ship in Korean)?

See this if you don't believed me.
Last edited by Minroz on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laritaia
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:30 am

everyone that played Age of Empires II knows about that op bullshit

Theodosiya
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:26 pm

Could someone mentions better alternatives to C-705/C-802? Coz, during Armada Jaya 2016 (Navy exercise), Clurit (641) and Kujang (642) failed to use their C-705.
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Laritaia wrote:everyone that played Age of Empires II knows about that op bullshit

This. ^
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Velkanika
Minister

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Velkanika » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:35 pm

Theodosiya wrote:Could someone mentions better alternatives to C-705/C-802? Coz, during Armada Jaya 2016 (Navy exercise), Clurit (641) and Kujang (642) failed to use their C-705.

The Japanese have the Type 93, Norway has the Naval Strike Missile, the US has the AGM-158C, South Korea has the SSM-700K, Russia has the SS-N-27, and India has BrahMos. Or if you're feeling particularly cheeky, you could just use MM40 Block 3 Exocets.
The necessity of a navy, in the restricted sense of the word, springs, therefore, from the existence of a peaceful shipping, and disappears with it, except in the case of a nation which has aggressive tendencies, and keeps up a navy merely as a branch of the military establishment. 1
1Alfred T. Mahan, The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783, 12th ed. (Boston: Little Brown and Company, 1890), 26.

Please avoid conflating my in-character role playing with what I actually believe, as these are usually quite different things.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:51 am

http://maxdefense.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-philippine-navys-future-frigate.html

So the Philippine Navy is getting ready to sign a contract with Hyundai Heavy Industries for two light frigates, with either ownership of the design, or a production license, which will enable them to build more ships of the same design later on, without having to worry about future contracts. Given that the general configuration and weapons fit are also mentioned in the blog entry, what do you guys think of what the PN is getting, versus their requirements?
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:18 am

There is only one truly great post on the topic of sealife being killed:

El Cuscatlan wrote:
At night, from La Plata for a start
Cuscatlani battlegroup begun to depart
Two battlecruisers, loaded well
ready to send some fishes to hell
Following four destroyers, with towers high
Great was this battlegroup's might
The end of maritime life was near
When the battlegroup was coming here
Their captain, Juan, with beard black,
Was ready to give few fishes through their head smack!

From La Plata they headed south
And then spoke the sonar operator's mouth
"Captain two whales we have detected
Our sonars have been perfected
Shall we send them in pieces to sky"
For which Admiral said "Oh my
Blow these overgrown pest
We will destroy them along with their nest
For each whale to pieces blow
For seeds of death we have sown
In form of advancement awaits us award
And that is only a start!"

So among the crew is rising desire
To make their warships breath fire
Whale surfaces, beast enormous
Crew knows: Victory or death glorious
Operator of weapons presses button red
Cannon fires, whales to pieces torn dead
Then second, appears from the depth
Checking what his friend fate met
Yet quickly he was by arms targeted on big scale
Flies rocked, to pieces torn whale!

Above the sea, in the heaven
Flies of P-8 watchful seven
Their long and enormous wings
Make them of the sky kings
Then SONAR Operator shouts like a lion not mere
"Hot buy channel, something is there"
Camera turret extended, checking the surface of the sea
Whale swims, but P-8 won't let him be
Target acquired, bomb into depths him sends
That is how every enemy whale ends

Many other sea life brave Cuscatlanis killed
Many other evil sealife they fate met!
And because many of this pest their life's met end
To brave Cuscatlanis I this ballad commend!
Last edited by Allanea on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:02 am

Ahntan class battleship

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information