NATION

PASSWORD

America riots after Police kill unarmed Black Man

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 30, 2020 4:31 pm

police infiltration is real, the autozone cop was confirmed by his ex-fiancee to be the perpetrator and in NYC plainclothes cops are coming out in white armbands so they can self-identify each other, and defend cops while blending in with protestors. i saw a vid of a cop wearing all black and an Antifa style bandana who was confronted by the guy filming the video and denying that he apparently got out of a cop car, but i don't remember what city this was in.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Minimark
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Minimark » Sat May 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Diahon wrote:
Minimark wrote:
Its a bit sus more and more white people are showing up as Antifa is supporting these protests and sending out their mob in Portland (bc where else).

But also the White Supremacist claim came from a discord post, and not to be racist but an overwhelming majority of the looters were African Americans.

at first, only in minneapolis it seems, and i'm inclined to give them a pass

but now, across the united states? yeah, i dunno anymore

Definetly some aggitators in there, groups trying to either go on a moral crusade or demonize the other. If the president doesnt react to these protests and only focuses on the actual issue of Chauvin, he could see a nice approval bump before election day. I know a lot of moderate centrists who are way upset with these protests

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat May 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Both ANTIFA and the white nats are dominated by accelerationists. Both have plenty who just want any excuse to smash things.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

SangMar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Sat May 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
SangMar wrote:
Totally. Bet that cuntander in chief gets re-elected though. Plus, I bet Chauvin gets a shit sentence. Fuck him and fuck bonespur bill.

I don’t know anymore. I’ll be perfectly honest. I’d like to think this country knows better and votes the fuckwad in chief out but who knows.

Yeah. No. America will re elect that fucking wankstain. I mean fuck, fucking Sanders is better than Biden - but the democrats are rolling with that train wreck. I hope they elect Biden though - even if he’s shit too.
On Nationstates since 2012.
Nationstates’ Favourite Unknown and Autistic Tankie Eliminator!
B E G O N E T A N K I E DEGENERATE
Protip: Tankies =/= all communists.
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.88&soc=-4.31

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 pm

The Marlborough wrote:Has anyone considered that cracking down might actually backfire and make the situation even worse?

yes, that's been discussed

rightists want to take a crack ar it anyway, leftists are more "why would you kill your own people?"

Minimark
Spokesperson

Postby Minimark » Sat May 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Italios wrote:police infiltration is real, the autozone cop was confirmed by his ex-fiancee to be the perpetrator and in NYC plainclothes cops are coming out in white armbands so they can self-identify each other, and defend cops while blending in with protestors. i saw a vid of a cop wearing all black and an Antifa style bandana who was confronted by the guy filming the video and denying that he apparently got out of a cop car, but i don't remember what city this was in.

A. Don't trust someones ex-fiancee because they probably have beef with eachother
B. Armbands are used to signify cops so they don't start beating eachother up
C. Some of these rioters want to hurt cops, so its pretty much a fair want for the small minority to want to defend eachother in battle
D. I would need to see the video before making judgement

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sat May 30, 2020 4:34 pm

SangMar wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Sure, but it’s not stopping Fox from reporting it.

Here’s the headline’s pic as it’s not letting me link directly for some reason: https://i.postimg.cc/4x9SbYjH/C8-BA3-B1 ... 3-D095.png

Yeah. Fuck Fox.

Not the best source of furry art IMO, the search function is kinda limited. :p
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat May 30, 2020 4:34 pm

The Marlborough wrote:Has anyone considered that cracking down might actually backfire and make the situation even worse?

So you just let people loot another person's business. Who started those fires has committed the felony crime of arson.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Minimark
Spokesperson

Postby Minimark » Sat May 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Novus America wrote:Both ANTIFA and the white nats are dominated by accelerationists. Both have plenty who just want any excuse to smash things.

Well yeah this is the perfect opportunity for political gain through fear. Fear is a much better driver for these groups than hope and love

SangMar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Sat May 30, 2020 4:35 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:
SangMar wrote:
Yeah. Fuck Fox.

Not the best source of furry art IMO, the search function is kinda limited. :p

Ohh arr
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Minimark wrote:
Italios wrote:police infiltration is real, the autozone cop was confirmed by his ex-fiancee to be the perpetrator and in NYC plainclothes cops are coming out in white armbands so they can self-identify each other, and defend cops while blending in with protestors. i saw a vid of a cop wearing all black and an Antifa style bandana who was confronted by the guy filming the video and denying that he apparently got out of a cop car, but i don't remember what city this was in.

A. Don't trust someones ex-fiancee because they probably have beef with eachother
C. Some of these rioters want to hurt cops, so its pretty much a fair want for the small minority to want to defend eachother in battle

lmfao, im sorry but you're delusional if you think cops infiltrating protests doesn't happen. obviously people want to take actions against cops, it doesn't mean you defend yourself by dressing up like a protester and hijacking their movement, while refusing to take accountability for your actual group affiliation by not wearing your uniform.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat May 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Minimark wrote:

Here’s the video: https://youtu.be/-evjkVfJ7HY
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sat May 30, 2020 4:37 pm

They're furious that the cops got there first.

Minimark wrote:

Very true.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Sat May 30, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Minimark
Spokesperson

Postby Minimark » Sat May 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Yeah but letting it loose shows compliance, especially if Walz and Ellison are planning not to arrest the three other cops. Showing compliance with the mobs demands will most likely level the entire city, and the extremist groups will probably still pour in their goons

SangMar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Italios wrote:
Minimark wrote:

lmfao, im sorry but you're delusional if you think cops infiltrating protests doesn't happen. obviously people want to take actions against cops, it doesn't mean you defend yourself by dressing up like a protester and hijacking their movement, while refusing to take accountability for your actual group affiliation by not wearing your uniform.

Don’t think he’s defending then like. He’s just saying not to trust eberythrihg you see.

But yeah - American cops need to chill the fuck - like, there’s 17,000 departments, I bet there’s some fucjing great ones. A lot seem bad though.

Minimark
Spokesperson

Postby Minimark » Sat May 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Minimark wrote:

It could be a wide variety of people. I know that guy is the Autozone guy (its kinda funny to go on google maps street view and point out what doesnt exist anymore) and we cant be sure about anything. People are claiming its one guy because of the look of his eyes which makes no sense. Anyways, even if he broke the windows, Im sure neo nazis weren't robbing target, and the rioters also continued the damage and blew up the entire f*ckin building

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019

Postby Drongonia » Sat May 30, 2020 4:40 pm

It very well might, but what else is the government meant to do? Just let the rioters keep rioting until they've burned down every business, government building and police precinct in the country I guess?

Minimark
Spokesperson

Postby Minimark » Sat May 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Italios wrote:
Minimark wrote:

It could be true. I jsut done believe the examples given provide clear enough evidence it is happening in these situations, and that all the protests are cop driven.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat May 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Minimark wrote:

Yeah but letting it loose shows compliance, especially if Walz and Ellison are planning not to arrest the three other cops. Showing compliance with the mobs demands will most likely level the entire city, and the extremist groups will probably still pour in their goons

Cracking down will get the protestors fighting the police, which will only embolden the protestors. If another man dies, the riots will never end.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sat May 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Minimark wrote:

A number of the demands are quite reasonable, such as the call for civilian review boards that actually have power. Enacting, not just promising but putting legislation on the board, as well as setting up widespread inquiries into police brutality, strategies so on so forth, would go a long way in changing things for the better and decreasing tensions. People are rightfully pissed off and you can't just accept them to continue to take it anymore.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Sat May 30, 2020 4:42 pm

I wonder if we're going to get a massive outbreak of COVID because of all these rioters and protesters not social distancing?

Or is that no longer a thing we care about?
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

SangMar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Sat May 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Minimark wrote:
Italios wrote:lmfao, im sorry but you're delusional if you think cops infiltrating protests doesn't happen. obviously people want to take actions against cops, it doesn't mean you defend yourself by dressing up like a protester and hijacking their movement, while refusing to take accountability for your actual group affiliation by not wearing your uniform.

It could be true. I jsut done believe the examples given provide clear enough evidence it is happening in these situations, and that all the protests are cop driven.

I wouldn’t say all are. Just the Maine one.

I mean like, someone said there was do a protest in Tokyo today over George Floyd(RIP) - tucking Tokyo? Like, why there - that cannot have been cop driven - even if japan’s legal system is authoritarian bullshit.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat May 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Minimark wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

It could be a wide variety of people. I know that guy is the Autozone guy (its kinda funny to go on google maps street view and point out what doesnt exist anymore) and we cant be sure about anything. People are claiming its one guy because of the look of his eyes which makes no sense. Anyways, even if he broke the windows, Im sure neo nazis weren't robbing target, and the rioters also continued the damage and blew up the entire f*ckin building

There’s a photo comparison between the masked guy and the St. Paul cop: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZJSZyxU8AIUGuE.jpg

There seem to be some physical similarities. Make of that what you will, but it’s really not that uncommon for cops to infiltrate protests either. Oftentimes by order of either their department or the local government. Happened in PR in 2019 during a peaceful protest. Cops infiltrated the protest by government order and started vandalizing buildings. This gave the police there a reason to use force against said protesters to break the manifestation.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat May 30, 2020 4:46 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:I wonder if we're going to get a massive outbreak of COVID because of all these rioters and protesters not social distancing?

Or is that no longer a thing we care about?

people have put it in the backburner given what happened to mr floyd

i've seen someone call the protests overindulgent grievance rallies in light of this pandemic, but really, you expect people to just shrug at the horrible, sadistically prolonged way he died as if it's a fact of life?

no, not possible, that's just inhumane

the united states will see a surge, but truthfully, i for one can't condemn their choice
Last edited by Diahon on Sat May 30, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minimark
Spokesperson

Postby Minimark » Sat May 30, 2020 4:48 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Minimark wrote:

A number of the demands are quite reasonable, such as the call for civilian review boards that actually have power. Enacting, not just promising but putting legislation on the board, as well as setting up widespread inquiries into police brutality, strategies so on so forth, would go a long way in changing things for the better and decreasing tensions. People are rightfully pissed off and you can't just accept them to continue to take it anymore.

I believe reform is necessary. i just said that police letting things slide and not containing the protestors will make things better and make them happier. Having no restrictions will just make them destroy more things till their is nothing left to destroy. Some containment is needed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General