NATION

PASSWORD

Should Events Go With a Bang?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should fireworks be...

Sold freely to anyone at anytime
36%
Sold with restrictions (i.e. age, restricted duration; please specify)
40%
Sold only to licensed people running a professional display
19%
Sold only to the Hoff. Only the Hoff can be trusted with fireworks
4%
Not sold at any time
2%

Total votes : 81

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:24 am

Ever been to Bangkok or Jakarta on New Year's? There are kids playing with fireworks letting them off in the street, throwing them at their mates -- it's a war! And the adults don't give a shit!

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:30 am

Baggieland wrote:Ever been to Bangkok or Jakarta on New Year's? There are kids playing with fireworks letting them off in the street, throwing them at their mates -- it's a war! And the adults don't give a shit!

We don't give a shit because as long as they are playing with their own kind we can relax and enjoy the view :p

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:33 am

Baggieland wrote:Ever been to Bangkok or Jakarta on New Year's? There are kids playing with fireworks letting them off in the street, throwing them at their mates -- it's a war! And the adults don't give a shit!

Bangkok is basically the East Oakland of East Asia so it doesn't surprise me
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:37 am

Traumatizing for pets? My cat loves seeing fireworks, she always watches every firework show that happened to be visible from the front yard.

Samudera Darussalam wrote:

We don't give a shit because as long as they are playing with their own kind we can relax and enjoy the view :p

Yea, it's all fun and games until someone loses a thumb. No seriously, it happened.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:40 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Samudera Darussalam wrote:We don't give a shit because as long as they are playing with their own kind we can relax and enjoy the view :p

Yea, it's all fun and games until someone loses a thumb. No seriously, it happened.

Sometimes along with other fingers or whole hand. It's an old story but it's keep happening :p

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:44 am

A m e n r i a wrote:

Sometimes along with other fingers or whole hand. It's an old story but it's keep happening :p

If only the youth of our great country would learn from our generation, and the ones before us.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:45 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Sometimes along with other fingers or whole hand. It's an old story but it's keep happening :p

If only the youth of our great country would learn from our generation, and the ones before us.

.....you do know that we all have that phase of being rebellious towards parents?
Well, sometimes I think parents gotta say things differently so their kids would do the otherwise :p

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:47 am

A m e n r i a wrote:

.....you do know that we all have that phase of being rebellious towards parents?
Well, sometimes I think parents gotta say things differently so their kids would do the otherwise :p

Well yea, but at least I just took stuff from other peoples' pockets, went into haunted places, and beat people up for money at that phase instead of handling a frickin' explosive like it's a toy :p

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:09 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:
Forsher wrote:
The bang is part of the point.

Not to me. I like the colour and the patterns rather than the explosions.

How would I enjoy fireworks then? The explosion is the entirety of the point. The more interesting the noise the better.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Maqkaradj
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Maqkaradj » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:23 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Traumatizing for pets? My cat loves seeing fireworks, she always watches every firework show that happened to be visible from the front yard.

Samudera Darussalam wrote:We don't give a shit because as long as they are playing with their own kind we can relax and enjoy the view :p

Personal responsibility?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General